NATION

PASSWORD

PDX Games IX: Western Pre-Turkic Empire

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What the HELL are YOU here for!?

Europa Universalis
13%
Victoria
15%
Crusader Kings
22%
Hearts of Iron
20%
Stellaris
21%
One of those weird "published by PDX" games that nobody ever talks about here
9%

Total votes : 110

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:08 am

Wheyyyyyyyyyyyyyy inject it into my VEINS!
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am

I hope I can switch it to display percents as well.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Renoa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Renoa » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm

They rhetorically ask if we should get economics degrees before playing, FOOLISHLY failing to consider that some of us were already planning on getting one anyway.

Three more months babyyyyyyy
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:40 pm

Renoa wrote:

They rhetorically ask if we should get economics degrees before playing, FOOLISHLY failing to consider that some of us were already planning on getting one anyway.

Oh congratulations Renoa, good for you! :clap: /notsarcasm

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:34 pm

Renoa wrote:

Wheyy well done! One final effort is all that remains.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

Map modes, colour blind settings, mother fucking pie charts! Yeah boi!

Renoa wrote:

Fuck yeah!

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:11 pm

Renoa wrote:

Congratulations and good luck with it!
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 am

Renoa wrote:

Oh! Congrats :D
Katganistan wrote:

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

Platapusses are not rel

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:14 pm

Renoa wrote:

So we should all come to you when we have questions on what the optimal eco build in V3 is gonna be, right?
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:46 pm

Dakran wrote:
Renoa wrote:They rhetorically ask if we should get economics degrees before playing, FOOLISHLY failing to consider that some of us were already planning on getting one anyway.

So we should all come to you when we have questions on what the optimal eco build in V3 is gonna be, right?

Yo fam how do i work my economy so the communists dont murder me pls thank you

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 pm

Dakran wrote:So we should all come to you when we have questions on what the optimal eco build in V3 is gonna be, right?

DasKapital.pdf

Dakran
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dakran » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:07 pm

Dakran wrote:So we should all come to you when we have questions on what the optimal eco build in V3 is gonna be, right?

They won't kill you if you go commie on your own.

probably.
Trans flag here She/Her
01_EMBASSY_PROPOSE
WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS, WHAT WAS WILL BE, WHAT WILL BE WAS
Baltenstein wrote:Source:
The Turkish minister of Turkishness, Öztürk Türkuglu.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Katganistan wrote:

Platapusses are not rel

Renoa
Ambassador

Postby Renoa » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:34 pm

Dakran wrote:
Renoa wrote:They rhetorically ask if we should get economics degrees before playing, FOOLISHLY failing to consider that some of us were already planning on getting one anyway.

Probably not, but I do know how to draw a supply and demand curve and what the Heckscher-Ohlin Theorem is, so there's that.
Dakran wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yo fam how do i work my economy so the communists dont murder me pls thank you

probably.

As history has shown us time and time again, the only people that you can reliably trust communists to hate are slightly different communists.
It's been several years and I'm still the Paradox Thread's Self-Appointed Court Chaplain. No one's ever asked but I thought you should know.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:23 pm

Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

HISPIDA
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2021
Anarchy

Postby HISPIDA » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:38 pm

which daimyo did you form it with?

Renoa wrote:
Dakran wrote:They won't kill you if you go commie on your own.

probably.

As history has shown us time and time again, the only people that you can reliably trust communists to hate are slightly different communists.

can confirm!
Algerstonia did nothing wrong. Hold Moderators accountable. (she/they)
"We have liberated Europe from fascism, and they will never forgive us for it." - Georgy Zhukov (purportedly)
read my iiwiki
free palestine. trans rights are human rights. no war but class war
Victory Day: February 23, 2022

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:18 pm

Hosokawa. I decided to keep it simple because I intended this to be a game to use the incidents to make blursed Japan.
Katganistan wrote:

Platapusses are not rel

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am

Ah, that's just Mamluks surviving it looks like, nothing to be scared about and totally normal when you're not playing in Europe.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Continental Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Continental Free States » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:28 am

Japan united by 1487? That's a bit aggressive. My current Japan run didn't end with unification until halfway through the 1500s iirc. Wonder how things are looking in Europe right now to be honest.
☆ ☆ ☆ Foroned Provinces of AmericaFair Freedom's orlain son long to command ☆ ☆ ☆
Will abandon this NS for another account
Hard Reboot of ttl, possibly in Wrong English
25 y/o Bachelor of Laws, studying Masters in Intl Relations
Daily Nighfraigner: Uproars begin in New York after 'Boroughmasterly Edict' puts heavy geldstrafes on anyone owning a wagon | Not-Christers may not stand for rightership, Overster Highhove beslots in Choudhury g. New England | Halfdan Ellsberg, forbreaker doomed to life in gefangness for leaking Offdealing of Crigfare gewrites in 1982, found dead in his haftroom | Terrorongripe on Elysia kills 19 diplomats, heavily wounds French Presidentine, Arabish Crownprince and Trucecoastish Premier amid feastmeal held to aeren said Crownprince | Greekland sank ship bearing EB burghers fleeing burghercrig in Egypt, killing 100 burghers from England, Frankric, Doechland,, and others

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 am

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 am

Dakran wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Yo fam how do i work my economy so the communists dont murder me pls thank you

probably.

*Looks at the history of the USSR*

Heloin wrote:

DasKapital.pdf
Danke Comrade

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:54 am

Continental Free States wrote:

Japan united by 1487? That's a bit aggressive. My current Japan run didn't end with unification until halfway through the 1500s iirc. Wonder how things are looking in Europe right now to be honest.

It was actually a couple years earlier, and it's because I treated AE as though it was nonexistent and my manpower reserves as if they were endless. As for that, I saw a freakishly large poland during the split second you can see Europe from the continue screen-- it was *well* into Hungary.
Katganistan wrote:

Platapusses are not rel

Continental Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Continental Free States » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:56 am

Serrus wrote:
Continental Free States wrote:Japan united by 1487? That's a bit aggressive. My current Japan run didn't end with unification until halfway through the 1500s iirc. Wonder how things are looking in Europe right now to be honest.

It was actually a couple years earlier, and it's because I treated AE as though it was nonexistent and my manpower reserves as if they were endless. As for that, I saw a freakishly large poland during the split second you can see Europe from the continue screen-- it was *well* into Hungary.

Last time I played Japan (the farthest I've played from Europe at any given time tbh) Europe looked something like this. The religious situation wasn't much better either
☆ ☆ ☆ Foroned Provinces of AmericaFair Freedom's orlain son long to command ☆ ☆ ☆
Will abandon this NS for another account
Hard Reboot of ttl, possibly in Wrong English
25 y/o Bachelor of Laws, studying Masters in Intl Relations
Daily Nighfraigner: Uproars begin in New York after 'Boroughmasterly Edict' puts heavy geldstrafes on anyone owning a wagon | Not-Christers may not stand for rightership, Overster Highhove beslots in Choudhury g. New England | Halfdan Ellsberg, forbreaker doomed to life in gefangness for leaking Offdealing of Crigfare gewrites in 1982, found dead in his haftroom | Terrorongripe on Elysia kills 19 diplomats, heavily wounds French Presidentine, Arabish Crownprince and Trucecoastish Premier amid feastmeal held to aeren said Crownprince | Greekland sank ship bearing EB burghers fleeing burghercrig in Egypt, killing 100 burghers from England, Frankric, Doechland,, and others

Renoa
Ambassador

Postby Renoa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:14 am

Serrus wrote:It was actually a couple years earlier, and it's because I treated AE as though it was nonexistent and my manpower reserves as if they were endless. As for that, I saw a freakishly large poland during the split second you can see Europe from the continue screen-- it was *well* into Hungary.

Last time I played Japan (the farthest I've played from Europe at any given time tbh) Europe looked something like this. The religious situation wasn't much better either

The Iberians not getting their shit kicked in by Morocco, a rare sight these days.

Serrus
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:47 am

Serrus wrote:It was actually a couple years earlier, and it's because I treated AE as though it was nonexistent and my manpower reserves as if they were endless. As for that, I saw a freakishly large poland during the split second you can see Europe from the continue screen-- it was *well* into Hungary.

Portugal ate aragon huh?
Katganistan wrote:

Platapusses are not rel

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction