NATION

PASSWORD

Vilitan Mountain Games :: [COMPLETE]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Vilitan Mountain Games :: [COMPLETE]

Postby Vilita » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:23 pm

The Tropics of Vilita invite athletes from across the multiverse to compete in the Vilitan Mountain Games, a collection of competitive athletics, specialty events and local traditions from the Vilitan Mountain regions. Spectators and family are welcome to attend to take in the entertainment including traditional dance and entertainment, food and casual games for all ages over the duration of the celebration. The Tropics of Vilita is located in the region of Atlantian Oceania, the oldest remaining major Sporting Region.

The Games are separated into four major categories: The Heavy Athletics, Lumberjack Competition, Strongman Competition and Open Events. In the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman competitions a single athlete will compete in five distinct events of that discipline with the goal of earning the title in each category. The open events are all contested on an individual basis with no requirement that an athlete compete in multiple events. There is one team event, Tug of War, which will see teams of up to 15 compete against each other in elimination competition to crown the Tug of War Champion. While many of the events are longstanding traditions in the Vilitan Mountains, some of the games originated elsewhere in Atlantian Oceania including Kleptochase - a head-to-head competition combining maze running, escape room and capture the flag in a thrilling competition that originated in Az-Cz before spreading to Miceland, Bazalonia and further throughout Atlantian Oceania.

Map of Vilita & Turori

Click Here to Signup via Google Sheets

The primary method for signup is via Google Sheets. Simply enter your Nation Name and Trigramme followed by a value (1-3) in each column for the event(s) you wish to enter. If entering multiple events this value must be equal to 2. If entering a single event, a value of 3 is acceptable for that event (even if the sheet yells at you). Do not enter a value of '0' for an event you are not participating in as any data entry will be interpreted as a sign up. The Mystery Event, if participating, requires a value in up to 3 categories (Speed, Strength, Smarts) where you can hedge your bets on the type of event - Sum must = 2.

If Google Sheets is not working or preferred you may signup in the following thread (which will also double as the discussion thread for any off-discord clarifications).

NOTE: Although nearly all events are individual events (but Tug of War), you are simply signing up as a nation for the events you wish to send a competitor. Please follow up with your roster in this thread to provide fellow participants the name(s) of your athletes. A simple format Roster Template is provided below. Feel Free to add additional relevant information about your athletes. or present your own custom roster.

Code: Select all
[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: HEAVY ATHLETICS ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[b][NAT] ATHLETE NAME [/b](Biometrics)
[i]Optional Biography[/i]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: LUMBERJACK Competition ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#feb958][background=#101828]:: STRONGMAN Competition ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Bake Off                     ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Cheese Rolling               ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Fire Dancing                 ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Jousting ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Kleptochase                  ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Spear Throwing for Accuracy  ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Spear Throwing for Distance  ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Strategy Games               ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Tug-of-War                   ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]
[b][NAT] CAPTAIN NAME [/b](Biometrics)
+Rest of Team Members (Up to 14)

[size=120][b][color=#FFFFFF][background=#101828]:: [i]OPEN[/i] ::[/background][/color][color=#feb650][background=#007677]Mystery Event(s)             ::[/background][/color][/b][/size]

A single athlete will compete across five traditional events for the Vilitan Highland Rose, awarded to the overall champion of the Heavy Athletics Discipline at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. There is no entry limit to this event. This event and its trophy remain purposely unsponsored so as not to over-commercialize the games.

A single lumberjack will compete across five Timbersports events for the Tiones Belt, awarded to the overall champion of the Lumberjack Competition at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). his event is sponsored by the Tiones Lumber Company.

A single strongman will compete across five challenging strength events for the title of Strongest in the Multiverse. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). This event is sponsored by Inura Extracts of Turori.

Individual competitors will compete in various local and regional specialty events. A single competitor may compete in one or multiple open events which are generally considered less 'serious' than the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman events and attract many Amateur competitors. Of note, the Bake Off is done over an open flame with ingredients fitting in a single backpack or sourced from the environment, the Strategy Game tournament will have a single qualifying round with the five competitors earning the highest total Victory Points in their qualifying games advancing to a single game championship and the Tug of War Final will also serve as the conclusion to the games. At least one Mystery event is planned where nations may opt to send a competitor with Speed, Strength or Smarts. Competitors must be registered for the Mystery Event(s) prior to the event being revealed. Medical Care will be available at the bottom of the Cheese Rolling Hill though, like with all events, competitors must sign a release waiver accepting all risk for injury during competition.

OOC / Hosting Information & Tournament Details

- Signups & Rosters: You signup as a nation and you get one entry into an event or discipline that you choose to enter. You define in your roster what athlete(s) are competing in those events.
- Roster Bonus: Considering the latter, "Roster Exists" bonus will be significant. If you want to win an event I do suggest you submit at least a name for your athlete(s) that can be linked in the first post.
- Scorination: Most events will be a single scorination utilizing Xkoronate. Custom Banks of events will be added for each discipline with realistic 99.9% outputs for each event. Some events will require custom excel based scorinators.
- Ranking: There will be no rankings other than the inputs during signup (Value 1-3 for each event with Average of 2.) A single decent RP will be enough to equalize a poor athlete and a good one without an RP. (So don't feel like you need to enter extra events just to boost your rating in other events if you dont otherwise want to participate in those events)

- RP Bonus: RP Bonus will be small but impactful considering the above. While there is no set word limit, a couple of decent paragraphs here or there will be more than enough to get the 80% Bonus mark. This is a fun competition to seed different storylines
- RP Crossposting: You are welcome to crosspost between the VMG and WC90 RP Threads and may receive bonus for both competitions under the following assumptions:
  • WC90 is the Primary Competition and any crosspost of a partial WC90 RP to the VMG will be considered at a reduced level (Example Note: Posting a WC90 Match Report in the VMG Thread will not earn any bonus for the VMG.)
  • However, if you have a newsprint or developed story arc that intertwines characters in both competitions, for example, you may earn additional bonus in the VMG after your contribution has been primarily graded in the WC90 thread by posting the relevant portion(s) to the VMG thread. Similar to posting a roster, this will aid anyone participating in the VMG to find relevant RP to this competition even if the primary story exists in the larger WC90 RP Thread
- Schedule: Scorination will roughly take place throughout the course of World Cup 90 Qualifying.

Participating Delegations (+ Athlete Information)

Chartistan
Milchama
Darmen
StrayaRoos
Kriegiersien
Misrantis
Qasden
Muralos
Anzoa
The French Army
Banija
Morover
Gyatso-kai
Zwangzug
Nykipiflugpuu
Turori
Schima Bas
Græntfjall
West Phoenicia
Vilita
Fecko
-Sunset-Shimmer
HaAkademia Shel Krav
Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Equestria

Last edited by Vilita on Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:24 pm

Day 1:[WC MD2-3] 01/17

• Heavy Athletics: Stone Put
  • Spears for Distance
    Day 2:[WC MD4-5] 01/19

• Heavy Athletics: Caber Toss
  • STRONGMAN: Farmers Walk
  • Bake Off
    Day 3:[WC MD6-7] 01/21

• Heavy Athletics: Hammer Throw
  • LumberJack: Axe Throw
  • Spears for Accuracy
  • Joust (Preliminary Round, If Necessary)
    Day 4:[WC MD8-9] 01/24

• Heavy Athletics: Weight for Distance
  • Heavy Athletics: Weight for Height
  • STRONGMAN: Keg Toss
  • Kleptochase Round 1
  • Cheese Rolling
    Day 5:[WC MD10-11] 01/26

• LumberJack: Chopping
  • Kleptochase Round 2 (If Necessary)
  • Joust (Round 1 & 2)
  • Fire Dance
    Day 6:[WC MD12-13] 01/28

• LumberJack: Log Run
  • STRONGMAN: Pillars of Hercules
  • Kleptochase Round 3
  • Strategy Game Qualifying Round
    Day 7:[WC MD14] 01/30

• LumberJack: Saw Cut
  • Kleptochase Round 4 / AO Final if Necessary
  • Tug of War Round 1
  • Joust (Round 3 & 4)
  • Strategy Game Final
    Day 8:[WC PO2] 02/03

• LumberJack: Tree Climb
  • STRONGMAN: Vehicle Pull
  • Kleptochase FINAL
  • Tug of War Quarter FInals
  • ?? Mystery Event Qualifying ??
    Day 9:Penultimate Day of Competition

• Joust (Final)
  • ?? Mystery Event Final ??
  • Tug of War Semi Finals

Day 10:Final Day of Competition

• STRONGMAN: Atlas Stones
  • Tug of War Final
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vilitan Union
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Vilitan Mountain Games :: Event Details

Postby Vilitan Union » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:25 pm

A single athlete will compete across five traditional events for the Vilitan Highland Rose, awarded to the overall champion of the Heavy Athletics Discipline at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. There is no entry limit to this event. This event and its trophy remain purposely unsponsored so as not to over-commercialize the games.

Similar to the modern-day shot put, however, instead of a steel shot, a large stone of variable weight is used. Competitors throw the stone from a standing position behind a board known as a trig and have three attempts to launch it as far as possible. The Event Officials will source natural stones from the environment during the week prior to competition collecting up to five stones of similar weight with one designated primary stone for competition.

A long tapered wooden pole is balanced vertically on one end. The Athlete runs forward and attempts to toss the pole end over end and land facing directly away. Event Officials will source local trees during the week prior to competition and construct five poles of similar length weight and diameter with one designated primary pole for competition.

A metal weight is attached to the end of a wooden or other solid material shaft, about 4 feet in length. Competitors stand with their back facing the field and swing the hammer over their heads, before they twist 180 degrees and launch it as far as they can. The athletes may also choose to wear special boots with long blades fixed to the bottom, in order to make sure they stay fixed to that spot in the ground.

The athletes attempt to throw a 4 stone weight with an attached handle over the greatest distance. Competitors may choose from a compact metal weight, a sheaf (Massively Large Bundle of Straw) or may opt to present any 4-stone weight as their apparatus to be approved by Event officials. Regardless of the chosen apparatus, Athletes may only throw it with one hand but may use any technique.

The athletes attempt to toss a 4 stone weight with an attached handle over a horizontal bar using only one hand. Competitors may choose from a compact metal weight, a sheaf (Massively Large Bundle of Straw) or may opt to present any 4-stone weight as their apparatus to be approved by Event officials. Regardless of the chosen apparatus, Athletes may only throw it with one hand, from a standing position, with three attempts to throw the weight over the bar at that height. All competitors that clear a given height will advance to the next height until only one athlete remains.

A single lumberjack will compete across five Timbersports events for the Tiones Belt, awarded to the overall champion of the Lumberjack Competition at the Vilitan Mountain Games. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). his event is sponsored by the Tiones Lumber Company.

A single strongman will compete across five challenging strength events for the title of Strongest in the Multiverse. All athletes are considered equal regardless of gender, species or origin. The Field for this event is limited to between 20-25 competitors. If more competitors sign up than slots available, entrants will be downselected by means of organizers preference and/or qualifying round(s). This event is sponsored by Inura Extracts of Turori.

Five heavy round stones increasing in weight in the range of 220–450 pounds (100–200 kg) are lifted and set on platforms of variable height. The Event has a 60 second Time Limit and multiple athletes will compete at a time although all athletes are competing against the clock. Athletes will be ranked according to the number of stones lifted and the time it took to achieve that number with the fastest to lift and place all 5 stones ranked first.

The strongman must pick up two separate implements weighing approximately 150kg, one in each hand, and run (or walk) as far as possible. Once either implements strikes the ground the competitor will have to stop and the distance walked will be measured. The implements will be instrumented to detect the moment of first ground contact.

Competitors must throw an empty beverage keg (15-24 kg) over a bar of increasing height. There is an overall limit of three failed throws before a competitor is eliminated.

The athlete stands between two hinged pillars, gripping handles that prevent the pillars from falling to the side. The pillars are held for the longest possible time

Competitors must pull a heavy wheeled vehicle across a 100-foot (30 m) course as fast as possible. Time is stopped when the designated point on the vehicle reaches the 100ft marker

Individual competitors will compete in various local and regional specialty events. A single competitor may compete in one or multiple open events which are generally considered less 'serious' than the Heavy, Lumberjack and Strongman events and attract many Amateur competitors. Of note, the Bake Off is done over an open flame with ingredients fitting in a single backpack or sourced from the environment, the Strategy Game tournament will have a single qualifying round with the five competitors earning the highest total Victory Points in their qualifying games advancing to a single game championship and the Tug of War Final will also serve as the conclusion to the games. At least one Mystery event is planned where nations may opt to send a competitor with Speed, Strength or Smarts. Competitors must be registered for the Mystery Event(s) prior to the event being revealed. Medical Care will be available at the bottom of the Cheese Rolling Hill though, like with all events, competitors must sign a release waiver accepting all risk for injury during competition.

Competitors must manage temperatures on an open flame as they look to bake their best sweets and treats using only the equipment and ingredients that they can fit in a single backpack. Judges will factor in originality, taste and presentation. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori

Participants race down a 200-yard-long hill after a round of Vilitan Mountain cheese. The first to catch the cheese is the winner. Subsequent positions will be judged based on order crossing the 200 yard marker at the bottom of the hill. This event is sponsored by Cocoa-bo Eatery of Turori

Competitors will be judged Artistically for their performance in the sport of Fire Dancing

Kleptochase is a sporting event that could be described as akin to maze- running. Each match features two individuals. They each start at points in a constructed grid. Somewhere else in the grid, equidistant from both chasers there is some object, usually an action figure sized stuffed toy in the shape of a gnome. Each chaser has a goal point somewhere else in the grid, again equidistant from the target object. The object of the match is to gather the object and return it to your target area. After one team has gathered the object they become the "thief" and the other chaser becomes the "law". If the law is able to touch the thief with both hands before the thief returns to his goal area, they replay the match. If the law catches the thief in three consecutive matches they play a fourth match that ends when the first player reaches the object. Every course has a certain number, no fewer than 2, of locked doors, traps and other obstacles. These obstacles are defeated using theif-like skills, especially lock-picking.

Athletes Compete Head to Head in Full Armor on Horseback in this traditional Jousting competition. The Lance is modified to limit the risk of permanent injury to any competitor.

Competitors will throw Traditional Vilitan Spears at a target 20 yards away being rated on accuracy

Competitors will throw Traditional Vilitan Spears on an open range with the longest throw being the winner

Participants will be randomly drawn into games of up to 6 players playing a common strategy board game "Arcticala Electrical Grid". Winning an individual game does not ensure advancement to the final round as total victory points earned in the game will be the final determination of which participants advance. Victory Points are assigned at 1 point per city powered at the conclusion of the game with total available funds remaining as a tiebreaker. The Final round will be a single game of 6 participants. This event is sponsored by the Arcticala Electrical Company

In order to win, a team must pull their opponents forward by 6 feet using the rope, with the teams pitted against each other in a best of three.

Details Withheld

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:35 pm

Corsican Post-New-Nu-Moon-Star-Republic-Register-Picayune-HaAretz-Yediot Achronot-HaYom-HaMedina-Island-Post

Sports Section

Milchama Looking Forward to War Games

A new Vilitan competition, (what's with those guys, always creating new competitions) called the Mountain Games has come into existence. While technically it's about a lot of different competitions in the mountains, it's really just a war games competition with a little cooking class on the side. Since Milchama is literally about war this caused a lot of excitement across the Warriors Peoples as, well, again, we're called the Warrior Peoples. So everybody got excited. Plus, you know, our Kleptochasers who only hear the legendary exploits of people like Schreider Martin, Marty Kochenon, and Davy Kinch finally get to compete in international competition! It's a really exciting time for all involved.

Anyway, the MOC has picked out the participants for the Milchamian delegation to the games:

Fire Dance:
1. That one guy who always talks about Margaret but has no name (TOGWATAMBHNN for short)
2. That other guy who always talks about Margaret but has no name (TOGWATAM for short)

Kleptochase:
Bst-Thf
Martin Schreider
Johnny Mackles

Jousting:
Wilthrop Barrington Pemberwell
Tripp Worthington
Abigail Weathersfield

Spears (Accuracy):
Kim Kameron
El O'Him
Darius Florence

Spears (Distance):
Don Noladiti
Kan Herness
Emmy Garens

Strategy Games:
Idan Talton
Ein Ani
Shmulik Bernstein

Mystery:
Grunt is only known as Grunt. Grunt is strong and fast. Grunt does not think good. Grunt is ready to win.
Last edited by Milchama on Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Chartistan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:32 pm

CHARTISTANI NATIONAL SELECTION
Entrants for the Vilitan Mountain Games

OOC: For RPing purposes, the Vilitan Mountain Games will be set (In Chartistani time) before World Cup 90 qualifying. All of these players are likely to feature in Chartistan's World Cup 90 qualifying squad and as such will be using the Vilitan Mountain Games as part of training for the qualification cycle.

:: OPEN ::Bake Off ::
[CHA] AIR LATTE (Female, dark hair, ponytail)
Air Latte is one of only 2 Chartistani national football team players who ply their trade in a foreign league, as Latte has been switching positions and making defenders focus on her admist the backdrop of the snow of Græntfjall. Away from the pitch, she can be seen cooking in the kitchen, doing all that she can to cook and bake for herself and her team. Often at times Latte is deemed the team's chef, her 99 problems elsewhere not being a worry as she makes some bomb cheesecake.

:: OPEN ::Cheese Rolling ::
[CHA] KIMMI YAMJUNE (Male, wide grin, dark hair )
Often known for being smooth like butter, Yamjune, multi-time captain for Chartistan's national football team, will be making a mic drop appearance, seeking the roll of cheese to add into his bag. He hasn't come without controversy - Supposedly rigged to the captaincy by his teenage fans according now exiled Adult Royce - But when he lights it up, he lights it up like dynamite and has fire in every movement he does. Totally.

:: OPEN ::Jousting ::
[CHA] "SIR" LITTLE EXNASH (Male, dark skin, brown eyes)
Classified as a Sir for this competition and this competition only, Exnash is a champion in the sense that he hasn't jousted in his life before. He is, however, used to riding on his horse, so that's something to take away. Armed with a panini-shaped understanding of jousting, his holiday in the Vilitan Mountains may not last for long, and he may go back to the Old Town Road to ride for his country in World Cup qualifying.

:: OPEN ::Kleptochase ::
[CHA] GABBY "ALPHAFU" YVES (Female, dark hair, yellow eyes)
Explosive. Hothead. Wonderkid. Gabby Yves is perhaps a prospect for the ages just by some fenagling from a Billboard based marketing firm thinking the alphabet and the words "Fuck you" sound like a good idea. Nevertheless, she's gonna do whatever she can to spell out victory on top of the Vilitan Mountains, and isn't afraid to remix her way to the target and earn honor for Chartistan. I heard she's big business in Official City already.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Accuracy ::
[CHA] ANNA DELPHINE (Female, blue eyes, blonde hair)
...She kinda came back for a reason. Oh my god, Delphine's throwing the spears, sending them like love to her lover and hoping for the damn best. She's supposed to be the captain for the Chartistani national football team after all...

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Distance ::
[CHA] ANNA DELPHINE (Female, blue eyes, blonde hair)
See Spear Throwing for Accuracy.

:: OPEN ::Strategy Games ::
[CHA] OLISA RODGERS (Female, dark hair, brown eyes)
Having started off her career as a desperation heave by Doctor Lucas Combbrush to replace an injured Mama Coriel, Rodgers has changed her trajectory and has become a mainstay of Chartistani football, isolating herself from the traitors that ruined her in the past. And yes, she's playing Arcticala Electrical Grid for glory. Don't ask, she's gonna put everyone one step forward and three steps back.
Last edited by Chartistan on Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

STR VMG roster

Postby StrayaRoos » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:13 pm

Note all athletes are either u21 football or 7s rugby or were found by the SOC in an Pale Mechanic or Circus

:: HEAVY ATHLETICS ::

[STR] Luke Kaiplo (Dark Hair,Tallish)
Eldest of the Kaiplo Siblings and U21 National team top scorer

:: STRONGMAN Competition ::

[STR] Cris Lynn(Blonde Hair)
AVBF 7s Squad Member

[STR] Yui King (Biometrics)
AVBF 7s Squad Member

[STR] Screw Margret (Biometrics)
Mechanic

:: OPEN ::Fire Dancing ::
[STR] Circuse aka (Biometrics)
Found by the SOC in an Circus

[STR] Adam Rey(Biometrics)
Member of AVBF 7s Squad

[STR] Cruz Kaiplo (Biometrics)
Youngest of the Kaiplo Brothers currently has 4 goals to his name in Emus Colors

[STR] Yuka Nut (Biometrics)
Competed at the 2nd Elephant Chess World Cup and Led StrayaRoos to 17th

:: OPEN ::Tug-of-War ::
[STR] William King (Biometrics)
Optional Biography
+ Yuro,Yuran,Yuka,Yujin,Yuo and Yuga Kiuba (Yes I’m sending the Blender) and 4-7 random Strongmen

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s) ::
[STR] Luca Kibo (Biometrics)
International Volleyball Star and StrayaRoos’ Vice-Captain

Total Delegation size:20
OOC:this will take place before DBC 52 and WC90 but after the Wonder Cup and Eagles Cup
Opening Ceremony Flagbearer:Cruz Kaiplo,Kleptochase/Football
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 am

Kriegiersien team in the Vilitan Mountain Games

[KGS]Hafþór Bellybutton (Ogre giant)
A one eyed ogre who works as pirate, throwing stones from cliffs to sink ships. Beside throwing things the giant loves eating, provided for that by his good friend Garonka Toothsmasher.

:: LUMBERJACK Competition ::

[KGS]Big Ed Sharp (arrogant human)
Big Ed Sharp, owner of Big Ed Sharp’s Chainsaw Emporium and dominator of Kriegiersiens lumberjack competition, won a silver medal in Weighlifting in the XV Olympics.
All Wooden related competitions had to be logged by him.
To his anger, the national tree Climbing competition was stolen by his fellow weightlifter and former medal winner in weightlifting, Malik Ibn Harun and the Axe Throw won by Gim Robertson, a dwarf who also participates in the Tug of War.

[KGS]Cassandra Bendragon (female human)
Cassandra Bendragon, female Olympic Weightlifter, changed her training to stone lifting after failing at the Olympics. As she also started farming, the nomination came natural to her. Even though she is no man.

[KGS]Garonka Toothsmasher (fat Orcish gourmet)
Orclady Garonka Toothsmasher normally produces a giant amount of food for her big friend Hafþór Bellybutton, but she is also able to show the more interesting, subtle way of orcish cuisine.

[KGS]Hafþór Bellybutton (still a giant ogre with one eye)
As he loves food, nothing can stop Hafþór Bellybutton to follow a piece of cheese down a hill as fast as possible.

[KGS]Sheera Unglaublich (red haired female human)

Fire artist, fire mage, pyromaniac, dancer.
All this qualifies Sheera for this contest.

[KGS]Sir Dagobert (old, bearded hero)
Sir Dagobert is a knight known for his legendary fighting skills. He became 3rd once the International Melee of Alarya and fought multiple jousting tournaments. He is still wandering the land with his squire and his horse, Lucy XII. He has great experience, only his age of over 70 could be a disadvantage.

[KGS]Alexa (mysterious)
The mysterious person called Alexa is an escapist, novelist, thief, adventurer, magician, master of disguise and maybe much more. And also the Kriegiersien participant for the Kleptochase.

[KGS]Kis Terratus (slender human female with big arms)
Olympic javelin thrower Kis Terratus was the first choice for this contests.

[KGS]Kis Terratus (slender human female with big arms)
Born in the stolen lands, her live was always a battle. Mostly with a spear.

[KGS]Hubertus Schimmel (Looks like a big strawberry with arms and legs, still much smaller than a human)
Hubertus Schimmel, a living strawberry, is Kriegiersiens greatest chess grand master. He also played various E-Sport Games to widen his horizon.

[KGS]Gim Robertson (One of 15 dwarfs with beards, belly and big arms)
The dwarven team „Gem Cliché“ won the national tug of war championship against orcish and human competition, making them the number one for the contest in Vilitan.
When not drinking beer, singing or digging for gold and holes, the team trains by literally moving mountains.

Willy, Billy, Grillie, Dwilly, Borin, Dorin, Gorin, Lorin, Otto, Glorin, Gagarin, Hanibor, Barbon, Erna Grimsdottir.

[KGS]Mysterious
Who is the person called Mysterious? Man, woman, something else? Magician, Multiverse- or Time Traveler?
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:50 am, edited 8 times in total.

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Kleptochase World Championship Introduction

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:12 am

A Bunch of Tools have stepped forward as the presenting sponsor of the upcoming Kleptochase competition at the Vilitan Mountain Games that will also serve as the return of the Kleptochase World Championships where Chasers will compete for the Art-Bob Trophy named after the original grandmaster of Kleptochase, Az-Czzer Art-Bob. [- Read about the Origins of Kleptochase and how the Maze Running, Lock Picking sport is played Here -]

The Klepto Super Chase event at the Vilitan Mountain games will feature four different courses - a Sprint Course, a Strength Course, a Technique Course and a Maze Course. Competitors will be randomly drawn to a course for each elimination matchup. All tools for the event will be provided by A Bunch of Tools.

While it is not expected that any representatives from the home of Kleptochase, Az-Cz, will be competing in the Kleptochase World Championships, the reigning champion Nation Milchama will be in attendance with multiple chasers, an exemption granted due to the nations World Champion status.

Milchama's Screider Martin is the most recent recognized champion of Kleptochase, having earned their victory in the NSKCC in a narrow victory over Rii Klenh of Tocapa.

While Martin's is the most famous victory in internationstatal Kleptochase, the first ever champion of multi-national Kleptochase competition was Vladimir Petrovič of Quakmybush. The Quak defeated the heavily favored Joshua Trengrove of Klepto-loving nation Bazalonia to advance to a final round matchup against Nurri Tezbaktahir of Starblaydia who defeated the Vilitan chaser to advance to the final. Petrovič was able to secure the victory in the second match after an earlier draw to claim the first ever Atlantian Oceania regional Kleptochase Championships.

While no athletes from Quakmybush are currently entered into the competition, A Bunch of Tools will provide special edition golden tools to Athletes from Milchama and Quakmybush in recognition of each nations status to reigning the reigning championship in regional and multiverse wide Kleptochase competition.

A Bunch of Tools is a Hardware supply and Locksmith Service company from the Mountain Regions of Vilita that have historically sponsored local festivals and events such as the Vilitan Moountain Games.

Kleptochase is a sporting event that could be described as akin to maze- running. Each match features two individuals. They each start at points in a constructed grid. Somewhere else in the grid, equidistant from both chasers there is some object, usually an action figure sized stuffed toy in the shape of a gnome. Each chaser has a goal point somewhere else in the grid, again equidistant from the target object. The object of the match is to gather the object and return it to your target area. After one team has gathered the object they become the "thief" and the other chaser becomes the "law". If the law is able to touch the thief with both hands before the thief returns to his goal area, they replay the match. If the law catches the thief in three consecutive matches they play a fourth match that ends when the first player reaches the object. Every course has a certain number, no fewer than 2, of locked doors, traps and other obstacles. These obstacles are defeated using theif-like skills, especially lock-picking.

Click Here to Signup via Google Sheets

Entries should be submitted by Wednesday January 12th to ensure the first confirmation of entry deadline is met.

The primary method for signup is via Google Sheets. Simply enter your Nation Name and Trigramme followed by a value (1-3) in each column for the event(s) you wish to enter. If entering multiple events this value must be equal to 2. If entering a single event, a value of 3 is acceptable for that event (even if the sheet yells at you). Do not enter a value of '0' for an event you are not participating in as any data entry will be interpreted as a sign up. The Mystery Event, if participating, requires a value in up to 3 categories (Speed, Strength, Smarts) where you can hedge your bets on the type of event - Sum must = 2.

If Google Sheets is not working or preferred you may signup in the following thread (which will also double as the discussion thread for any off-discord clarifications).
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm

[QAD] Philiphous Graves (Human with a Concerning Past)
"Originally, this position was to be given to someone who competed at the recent Summer Olympics. However, during the initial announcement, the press room was suddenly dimmed and flooded with crows and fog machines, revealing the dark-eyed Philiphous Graves. He's actually quite nice and very thoughtful towards others, but no one really gets his whole obsession with looking like a wayward tombkeeper. Presentation means everything, of course, so following the interruption, the spot was hastily awarded to Graves. No clue if he's really a Qad, though."

[QAD] Pavelov Dragonstone (Forest Dweller)
"An honest man from an honest nowhere, Dragonstone happened to come across a stray signup sheet someone had posted on a telephone pole in the wooded wasteland of Northwest Qasden. Pavelov isn't much of a lumberjack himself; as far as we're aware, his attributes and similarities to one boil down to the wearing of plaid and having facial hair. Surely that's all you'll need."

[QAD] Oxentine Ponderosa (Beast of a Man)
"Born from the fiery furnaces of the Qad-Geisen mountain range, Oxentine Ponderosa serves as the ultimate genetic glitch to form the strongest man in the River's End. He competed in weightlifting at the Olympics, but a more 'atmospheric' competition may better serve his true capabilities. Best you be careful around him, though. He doesn't say or do much outside his strongsuits, but it's easy to get knocked over by the towering hunk of bulletproof flesh."

[QAD] Suzannathan "Suzy Q" Quasars (Professional Amateur Confectionarian)
"Suzannathan Quasars is a nurse by trade, but a baker by heart. Having served as 'the cool aunt' for 20 years, Suzy's desire to perfect her hobby through every means possible, practically shoving sweets down the throats of her family members. It's mutually beneficial, as the goods typically slap, egging Quasars on to dominate in every city and regional fair there is."

[QAD] Franz Gorgonbrie (Human that's more cheese-hound than man)
"Keep away from cheese."

[QAD] Arsonio Nevercrime (Completely innocent)
"Semi-trusted with fire, provided supervision is present."

[QAD] Gregory the Outworn (Timelogged human)
"A ren-fair showman who desperately tells himself the next Royal Judean Joust Tournament is right around the corner."

[QAD] J.L. Pilfers (Guy that fought the law, and won)
"Cousin to Arsonio Nevercrime. Master thief and bounty hunter that's constantly being chased and recruited by local police. Initials believed to stand for 'Johnny Law'."

[QAD] Danny Nearsight (Tourist that got on the wrong bus)
"Some man in a floppy hat and a floral button-up. Expected the beach, got a mountainous battleground with several men in kilts. Beats dealing with the kids, at least."

[QAD] Jan Stroika (Human?)
"Don't remember enlisting anyone here, her name just appeared one night and everyone just went with it."

[QAD] Blair Flaresley (Currently human)
"Once won a game of chess against an AI (difficulty setting classified). Believes she'll be able to shift into the body of a different species someday; reads too many online forums."

[QAD] Verona X14 (Alleged sentient androids)
"A collection of tall, muscular women, with the only distinguishable differences between them being a slightly different barcode on each of their arms."

[QAD] Stevens (Human, student)
"Just here for extra credit"
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Misrantis
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Misrantis » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:46 am

MISRANTIS MOUNTAIN GAMES ROSTER

Delegation led by The Esteemed and Famous Rahman Omer Hilali

[MIS] Monifa Bitar
Monifa is Misrantis olympic shot putter and she will try to be best in this competition

[MIS] Amuntet "Stones" Al-lion
Earned the nickname "Stones" just from moving stones around for fun. Now Al-lion will move stones around for competition

[MIS] Aku-Ra
#1 Maze Runner in Misrantis. A speed and intelligence specialist who tries to learn technique on the fly

[MIS] Tseshortsa Heri-baset
Not known for strength or distance but pretty accurate from close range. The closer the better

[MIS] Mert-sekert Ai
A late addition to the Misrantis olympic archery team this is a true passion for this athlete who trains by endlessly throwing spears from Misrantis toward the glass dome Tachbe. It is rumored her longest throw made clink on glass

[MIS] Desire Asker (Captain)
The Misrantis basketball team is entering the Tug of war as a teambuilding exercise in hope to improved ability to work together and start winning games
PF: Darwishi Ganim
C: Kasto Koury
SG: Thabit Wasem
PG: Bassel Abadi
SG: Madu Dagher
C: Myrrh Said
PG: Tania Shamoon
SG: Ameera Ganem
PG: Norhan Cham
PF: Anan Samaha
PF: Fatya Zogby
SG: Adham Totah
-: Ari Halabi

The French Army
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The French Army » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm

One day Napoleon and his army were marching through Austria when they wandered into a wormhole and came out in NationStates. By the time they realized something was wrong, they had already traveled some distance, and they could not find their way back.

With no battles, Murat got bored and prodded a bunch of people into signing up for the Vilitan Mountain Games.

[FRA] Louis-Alexandre Berthier
Napoleon's chief of staff

[FRA] Jean Lannes
Loudmouth jerk, but also an effective military commander

[FRA] Josef Anton Prince Poniatowski
Token Polish guy

[FRA] Joachim Murat
A flamboyant-as-fuck cavalry officer

[FRA] Jean Baptiste Bessieres
That one old-school guy who still thinks powdered wigs are cool

[FRA] Andre Massena
Missing an eye because Napoleon shot him in the face (accidentally), annoyed that Murat him up for this event, but too macho to back out

[FRA] Louis Nicolas Davout
Bald and frumpy, but way tougher than he looks

[FRA] Louis Gabriel Suchet
One of the most chill marshals in the French Army, very smart and level-headed

[FRA] Team Captain: Napoleon Bonaparte
The rest of the team are everyone listed above.
Last edited by The French Army on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:07 pm

[MOR] Jack Porle
Head of the Navy of the prior administration, Jack Porle was known throughout the nation for his burly stature and aggressive nature. When the New Regime came into power, he was one of very few high-ranking officials to successfully negotiate his release from the state prisons, with him agreeing to participate in the New Regime's efforts to give Morover an international sporting reputation.

[MOR] The Slicer
Known solely as "The Slicer", little is known about this contestant. While seemingly a sickly creature, he can make up for it in slicing things. He wears a white mask, and was hired by the New Regime for this competition on the bet that his passion for slicing odd objects can translate well to slicing wooden logs and other similar objects.

[MOR] Natalia Purrat
An immensely famous strongwoman, Natalia is known for her participation in Morover's weightlifting competitions for destroying the competition, and then giving her signature wave, reminiscent of the former royal's salute - a gesture that under many circumstances would result in execution, but was excused as a show of good faith towards the weightlifting community.

[MOR] Stacy Muri
Famous Morovian chef Stacy Muri has recently transitioned from her classic cooking style to a more wholesome pastry experience. Unfortunately, the main skill that translated was the creation of meat pies, a basket she is placing all her marbles into.

[MOR] Shain Grewfer
Morover, once significant worldwide for its cheese industry, has gone downhill since Grewfer Cheese Enterprises went bankrupt. One man, however, has not given up his dream of dairy, and he has begged the New Regime to let him redeem himself in this competition.

[MOR] Farrow Muri
Former Administrator-in-Chief, First Potentate, and husband of second Potentate, Farrow Muri, was arrested for crimes against Morover upon the installation of the New Regime. Now, for punishment, the New Regime is sending him in the deep end of flames, fire, and fury.

[MOR] Henry Muri
A horse racer by trade, the young Henry Muri recently took up the art of jousting on a whim, in order to impress his parents through something that they saw as a more traditional sport.

[MOR] Kristen Coulo
One of the Coulo twins spear-throwing duo, Kristen sustained a rather bad foot injury which severely dampened her ability to throw spears. This is her first competition in three years.

[MOR] Mackenzie Coulo
The other spear-throwing Coulo twin, Mackenzie is known for the power behind her arm sending pointed objects for what some onlookers claim is miles. Her one downfall? She's more used to the showiness of flaming spears rather than competition-ready spears.

[MOR] Sorop Able
Sorop, an ordinary city planner thrust into the limelight following his brilliant strategy in conquering Morover, is most proud of his two kids, Jilias and Noah.

[MOR] Diretto Diri
Diretto Diri is a renowned Morovian pianist known for his complex finger movement and his brilliant musical mind. While he has no idea what the mystery event is going to be, he is certainly anxious to get on the good side of the New Regime.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:03 pm

While Zwangzug has a great deal of mountains, its signup for this event will be entirely drawn from the larger cities of Cugio District, located in the southern Rackham Range and stereotypically the realm of "quaint mountain folk" (although these days it's as futuristic and bureaucratic as the rest of the country, by and large).

Heavy Athletics: Dominic Schapiro. Hometown: Nissim
Lumberjack: Sigur Folt-Jackson. Hometown: Iwakemi
Strongman: Eric Llawcae. Hometown: Odamia. Better at endurance than raw strength, so his best event is likely to be the Pillars of Hercules, but that's not much by international standards.
Bake Off: Vanessa Radermacher. Hometown: Menesci. Specializes in breakfast grains.
Fire Dance: Wayne Chowdhury. Hometown: Iwakemi
Kleptochase: Melinda Reise-Thrule. Hometown: 1corda. Somewhat of a historian of world sports, and has made a dedicated attempt at researching the gnomes of Az-cz to replicate their triumph here. 5'1", because that's the next thing you have to mention if you're trying to emulate the gnomes of Az-cz.
Joust: Irene Dinadan. Hometown: Zitto
Spears for Accuracy: Avigail Hewaith. Hometown: Odamia
Spears for Distance: Rafe Dawson. Hometown: Menesci. Is rumored to have somewhat of a crush on Hewaith, who has expressed no interest in him, which may possibly make their interactions awkward. Especially because she's better with a spear than he is.
Strategy Games: Desmond Chisor-Brach. Hometown: Kg33
Mystery Event: Elena Hargrave. Hometown: Ebadge
All the competitors will form the Tug-of-War team, assuming they're still in one piece by then.

Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Turori Roster for Vilitan Mountain Games

Postby Turori » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:48 pm

Entrants for the Vilitan Mountain Games

[TUR] Vumaora Tannria
An alternate in the Shot Put discipline for the 14th Olympic Summer Games, Tannria is hoping a strong performance in the Heavy Athletics for the Vilitan Mountain Games will be enough for a selection to the Vilitan Union delegation for the next Summer Olympiad.

[TUR] Injura Tiones
Part of the Famous Tiones Lumber family, Injura has stayed largely away from the business side of the company and instead pursued a career in competitive Lumberjacking. Injura also regularly demonstrates at Tiones Lumberjack Competition locations.

[TUR] Marlokii Ranorokk
It is rumored that Ranorokk eats 37 eggs every morning to prepare for the day. It is unclear if they are cooked or not!

[TUR] Mrs. Abernathii
Mrs. Abernathii is a franchise owner of a Cocoa-bo location in the Vilitan Mountain Region. She moved to the region from Turori to pursue the business opportunity of opening her first bakery at her late grandmothers cottage. It has since become a Cocoa-bo location and is featured on the annual Cocoa-bo calendar as one of the most photo-worthy Cocoa-bo locations

[TUR] Flinya Maniro'a
No information is known about Maniro'a but it is assumed they understand how gravity works and they will be tumbling down a hill chasing a wheel of cheese... for fun

[TUR] Hotkau Amlafüt
Amlafüt was inspired by the Fire Dancing performances at the closing ceremonies of the AOlympic Games and took on the sport while gaining popularity by posting their Fire Dancing fails on their twii.tur account

[TUR] Filinbrough Mara'a
Filinbrough is an expert horse rider who loves to play the video game Joust!. It is unclear if they have properly prepared for this event.

[TUR] Kimiay Omla'alo
A locksmith from Lpaka, this technique specialist will be hoping for lucky draws to navigate them through the Kleptochase bracket without having to leverage speed or maze prowess too heavily

[TUR] Inoooru Krakano
Krakano is actually an expert axe thrower but opted out of the Lumberjack Competition due to not being familiar with the other events. Despite accuracy with an Axe, Krakano's speciality with the spear appears to be the distance.

[TUR] Cata'a Omla'alo
The life partner of Kleptochaser Kimiay Omla'alo, Cata'a is looking to pass the time by competing in the Strategy Games competition

[TUR] Juracai Klianiota
Optional Biography
+The Race Eelandii VTGP Pit Crew - Team Building!

[TUR] Timi'sala Koarena
Former Turori National Team footsport player who spent a decent chunk of their professional career playing outside the Vilitan League, enjoying many successes in Valanora playing nearly 10 seasons for Raynor City United including League Championships, Silver Cup titles and being shortlisted amongst the Boldsport Galacticos Index players as well as winning the 65th UICA Champions Cup title with the Vanorian club. Now enjoys the thrill of entering the popular Mystery Sports & Games circuit within the Vilitan Cove region
<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:31 pm

[GRÆ] KORRI KJARTANSSON (6’5”, 300 lbs)
Korri is an operatic baritone whose dream is to perform with the Háttmark Opera. He is also very strong and good at throwing things. Critics tend to give his performances glowing reviews, such as “He’s really ba-aaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhhh he’s literally ripping my head off OK HE’S GOOD HE’S GOOD JUST PLEASE LET ME GO!”

[GRÆ] KARA GEIRHVATSDÓTTIR (Female. Left-handed. Can crush a watermelon between her thighs.)
Kara served four years in the Marines and now works as a forester in the Southern Alps. Her axe-spinning tricks became a viral hit on qTube.

:: STRONGPERSON Competition ::

[GRÆ] SIGURJÓN ÚLFLJÓTSSON (6’8, 384 lbs but over 400 if you count his beard)
The reigning national strength champion. Sigurjón is a heavy-duty truck mechanic who entered strength competitions relatively late, in his 20s, after being recommended by customers impressed by his ability to literally pick up cars.

:: OPEN ::Bake Off                     ::
[GRÆ] BIRGITTA OTTARSDÓTTIR (Allergic to peanuts. And weak men.)
The most feared combat cook in the Græntfjaller Merchant Marine, Birgitta can whip up a fish stew in 90mph winds on a ship at a 45° angle, without spilling a drop. She can drink a horn of ale in 4.2 seconds.

:: OPEN ::Cheese Rolling               ::
[GRÆ] SVANFRÍÐUR EGGERTSDÓTTIR(6’1”, 222 lbs. Sleeve tattoos on both arms.)
Nothing special to report, Svanfríður just really fucking loves cheese.

:: OPEN ::Fire Dancing                 ::
[GRÆ] “JON JONSBUR” (Curiously, “Jon” performs their fire dance hooded and wearing a gag. Bears a striking resemblance to “disappeared” Akhdari terror leader Daawood Khan al-Massoud.)
Accompanied by handlers who are most definitely not from the Græntfjaller Intelligence Bureau. Occasionally manages to chew through their gag enough to make strange sounds that are definitely not the Akhdari for: “Help, please don’t set me on fire”, shortly before being set on fire.

[GRÆ] KÁRI NIKULÁSSON (Tall, blonde, chinless wonder)
Kári is the scion of a noble family. He believes he has mastered the art of heraldic jousting and that by besting his rivals on horseback he will win fair Princess Jessika’s heart.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Accuracy  ::
[GRÆ] BOÐI ÁSKELSSON (Throws left handed. 20 inch biceps. Not from working out, he’s just been really lonely since his girlfriend left him.)
Boði is a former darts player who was banned from the tour circuit after continually throwing his darts through the board.

:: OPEN ::Spear Throwing for Distance  ::
[GRÆ] ARNÓR KJARTANSSON (6’5”, 300 lbs)
Arnór is Korri’s brother. Whereas Korri was drawn to music, for Arnór, it was a love of dance. His audition for the Háttmark Ballet left 7 dead, however, so he’s reluctantly followed his brother into the world of strength athletics.

:: OPEN ::Strategy Games               ::
[GRÆ] TORFI RÍKHARÐSSON (5’8” and with the grace, beauty, and keen athletic build of a sickly chihuahua)
Torfi is a postgrad student at the University of Waltenberg researching econometrics. He enjoys puzzle games and is a big crossword fan.

:: OPEN ::Tug-of-War                   ::
[GRÆ] KALLE BJØRNSSON (Massive scar on his chest from being stabbed. Not entirely clear he’s noticed.)
Kalle is a former Græntfjaller football NT defensive midfielder whose career was ended by diving in front of Petter Erlingsson as he attempted to stab Jason Þórhallursson. Always fiercely strong, Kalle got into competitive strength athletics as part of his rehabbing and has put together a team of journeyperson pros to help him compete.
+Birkir Daðason, Einar Gylfason, Ben Dalmarsson, Ralf Álfarsson, Ketilbjörg Aunosdóttir, Grímólfur Viktorsson, Trausti Hansson, Oddrún Einarsdóttir, Ulfar Davidsson, Dúfa Albertsdóttir, Grímur Hreiðarsson, Arsi Marcsson, Páley Bernódusdóttir

:: OPEN ::Mystery Event(s)             ::
[GRÆ] JASON ÞÓRHALLURSSON (6’4”, built suspiciously like a professional footballer)
Ah, fuck it.
Last edited by Graintfjall on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Gyatso-kai Delegation for The Vilitan Mountain Games

In an endeavor to strengthen ties between its regional neighbors both through sports development and sports participation, the Avatarian Republics of Gyatso-kai do hereby submit the following athletes and teams to compete in the first-ever Vilitan Mountain Games.

BAO Shota
Height: 210cm- Weight: 165kg – Age: 23 years old – Gender: Male - Hometown: Dailong Heights, Inner Ring, Ba Sing Se

Despite his urban homestead and life in the suburbs of the Avatarian Republics’ largest city, Bao Shota spent most of his childhood spreading himself thin between hockey, football, and gridiron before accepting a football scholarship to Ba Sing Se University. Unfortunately, in the season-opener, Bao would go on to tear a hamstring and have to retire early from a sport he had grown to love. On the advice of his former coach, Bao began to seek out various competitions to keep himself well challenged.

Why not attempt to compete in cultural sports that you have minimal experience in for a challenge?

MORIMOTO Katsuhito
Height: 197cm- Weight: 142kg – Age: 30 years old – Gender: Male - Hometown: Yu Dao, Fire States

While not as impressive as Dral’wuir, Katsuhito is definitely not a small man. Having earned his living working in the fringe of the Fire States using his Earthbending to help cut down forests to help with the economic development of the more-rural areas of the former colonies of the Fire Nation during the Great War. Now, these areas known as the “Fire States” seek to carve out their own history, blending together the various indigenous cultures of the area was well as the formerly-colonised cultures of the Fire Nation.

Leading to many families where one child shoots flames, while the other moves dirt… Never any tension there… right?

DRAL’WUIR Kurshok
Height: 207cm- Weight: 180kg – Age: 27 years old – Gender: Male Hometown: Muni’Mishok, Beviin’ya Autonomous Region, Eastern Mandalorian Territories

An impressive specimen of a Mandalorian, Dral’wuir Kurshok travels to Vilita to hopefully bring great pride to his small town in one of the more isolated Mandalorian territories; Muni’Mishok is only home to three clans totaling 2,000 people; the Dral’pirun, the Dral’laamyc, and the Dral’wuir who are the current ruiling Aliit of the island. Kurshok currently serves as the Ruus’alor of Clan Dral’wuir; this high social status behooves Kurshok to act and dress as though he were royalty…

Even if no one outside of Beviin’ya had even heard of him…

HINOSHITE Kōte
Height: 191cm- Weight: 80kg – Age: 21 years old – Gender: Non-Binary (She/They) Hometown: Hino’oka, Eastern Province, Fire Nation

A talented Firebender and a graduate of the prestigious Academy of the Dancing Dragons, Hinoshite Kōte has been a student of the Art of Firebending and it’s artistic application which they were four-years-old. The child of two firebending masters – their father in the Northern Lung Style, their mother in the Flaming Crane Style of Fire Dancing – Hinoshite has been able to successfully blend their parent’s drastically different styles into a unique form that the Imperial Registrar has not yet accepted a formal name for.

In the meantime, they continue to impress everyone who watches them perform…

SANO Momoka
Height: 163cm- Weight: 50kg – Age: 20 years old – Gender: Non-Binary (She/They) Hometown: Hino’oka, Eastern Province, Fire Nation

A graduate of the Mailing Academy – an artistic conservatory located on the outer banks of the capital of the Fire Nation – Sano Momoka had been studying gymnastics as a child when she discovered she could firebend; whereas most children discover their gifts before their third birthday, Sano was a late-bloomer and discovered the gift when she was seven years old. Despite this late blossoming, Sano was easily able to incorporate more modern forms of firebending into her already developing talents , and as such, as already won numerous domestic tournaments for fire dancing.

ZHENG Caori’dush
Height: 181cm- Weight: 79kg – Age: 28 years old – Gender: Female Hometown: Sundari, Sundari Autonomous Region, Southern Mandalorian Islands

Riding: Akaan’cu
Height: 18 hands – Weight: 1080kg – Age: 8 years old – Breed (Color): Shire (Dark Brown

An established performer in the Avatarian renaissance festival circuit, Zheng Caori’dush is renowned for her ever-entertaining theatrics, as well as her skill on her horse, Akaan’cu. Having won numerous competitions throughout Gyatso-kai, Zheng feels it is time to spread her proverbial wings and face-off against the jousters of the multi-verse. Having grown up in the faire circuit, as well as being the child of the founder of the oldest jousting troupe in all of the Republics, Zheng has not only the strength and character to joust with the best of them, but also the family lineage. The deep reds and black of her armor, combined with the warhelm she wears with two large mythosaur-like horns coming from her crown, allows Zheng to present an almost demonic façade to her opponents.

Especially when it comes to her ground came and she bears either her war axes or twin daos or, even worse, her storied guandao known as “The Jade Earth-Cleaver”

Fa’moklo JASTAR
Height: 189cm- Weight: 55kg – Age: 22 years old – Gender: Female Hometown: Korm’sk, Central Mandalorian Islands

Whereas throughout the multi-verse, the sport commonly known as ‘javelin’ was once split into two disciplines – Distance and Accuracy – until a period where Accuracy fell into the background and Distance became the dominant sport.

Not in Gyatso-kai… and not in Vilita…

Fa’moklo Jastar comes from the central island capital of Korm’sk, and as a Mandalorian, she is well trained in spear-based combat, known as ‘beviin’akaani’. Her armor – gold and gray – bears the sigil of the Jastar Clan, which is one of the most commonly-found Mandalorian Clans.

INOUE Ujuarak
Height: 189cm- Weight: 85kg – Age: 26 years old – Gender: Male
Hometown: Agna Tavunga, Northern Water Tribe

When it comes to distance, Inoue Ujuarak currently holds the ASCA record for furthest distance at 87.32 meters. Having grown up in the Northern Water Tribe, a childhood spent hunting with a spear developed the art of spear-throwing from a survival technique to a sport when he entered secondary school. He comes to the Mountain Games having recent competed in the Republic Games qualifier for Javelin.

Though… How different is a javelin from a Traditional Vilitan Spear from a Traditional Water Tribe Kulugiak… Guess we will find out…

Captain: Sergeant Major CS-23-0021
Team Members:
CS-35-2335
CT-40-3409
CT-41-2258
CT-39-6889
CT-39-7032
Sergeant ISHII Takumi
Corporal DIEP Nam

A team comprised of six clone troopers and two natural-born soldiers of the Grand Army of the Republic, being sent to a civilian competition?

Well, you got to think… In training, GAR Units regularly attempt to pull a tank sixteen metres. How hard could it be to pull another team of eight men across a field?

We’ll find out soon enough…

Realised while writing up an RP that I had made Zheng Caor'dush for Jousting 191cm tall, instead of 181 cm >.< Fixed so she is not tall and thin >.<
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 pm

(originally part of a longer post in the WC thread)

The Kerlagrad Courier

Odamia, the largest city in Cugio, is a thriving urbanity. While it may not be as well-known as some of the megapolises that have produced sports teams, it's densely built and technologically advanced like the rest of the country. And its road cyclists enjoy the scenic views of the Rackham Range as they speed over hills on the latest and greatest bicycles.

Today, however, a dangerous enemy from across the seas threatens this progress. What is this distant realm? Vilita, host of the 90th World Cup--and more important for our purposes, the "Mountain Games" that feature competitions of brute strength, tree-felling, and spear-hurling. While Zwangzugians might not be what you first visualize when seeking the world's finest caber throwers [what even is a caber? -ed], locals worry that this event could put them on the map--for all the wrong reasons.

"Look, just because I'm from the mountains doesn't mean I'm tinkering with cuckoo clocks and little music boxes all the time," complained Stephanie Groves, wielding an electric guitar threateningly. "When people think of Namiri, they think of trees and stuff. And now when they think of Cugio, they're gonna think of mountain villages where people think it's funny to roll cheese, which is not true because Cugio barely had a regional identity before the Consolidators carved it out."

"It's true that some of us like to yodel and stuff," admitted Rhys Kalbor furtively. "But like, to find a fire-dancer they picked a guy named Chowdhury, which, at the risk of being problematic, he probably had a great-grandfather from Namiri or somewhere too."

"Yea, verily, I shall do my utmost to display my prowess in the realms of womanly virtue," said Irene Dinadan, the jousting delegate. "But forsooth! As it would be most unfitting to wear only a sigil given to me by a so-called admirer, so too is it lamentable to compete merely for the honor of a colorless flag. Thus I joust only for myself, not for Zwangzug and certainly not for an imagined district-level identity."

Eric Llawcae, from Odamia, is more optimistic about his chances. "I mean, while standing upright and preventing pillars from falling down might sound like a grudging, tedious chore, I've seen worse. If you want a real test of endurance, try watching a football match for ninety whole minutes."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Vilitan Mountain Games
Secretary

Ex-Nation

VMG Schedule

Postby Vilitan Mountain Games » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 am

Note, Signups for the Vilitan Mountain Games & Kleptochase World Championships are still open. For Most Events you may signup until the day of cutoff for that event. Certain Events like Joust, Tug of War and Kleptochase which require head to head matchups may close prior to scorination day to lock in format.

The Tropics of Vilita invite athletes from across the multiverse to compete in the Vilitan Mountain Games, a collection of competitive athletics, specialty events and local traditions from the Vilitan Mountain regions, and the return of the Kleptochase World Championships. Spectators and family are welcome to attend to take in the entertainment including traditional dance and entertainment, food and casual games for all ages over the duration of the celebration. The Tropics of Vilita is located in the region of Atlantian Oceania, the oldest remaining major Sporting Region and competition in unique sports like Kleptochase are foundational to that culture

Cutoff and Results for each scheduled matchday will be posted following the posting of World Cup 90 scores for that scheduled matchday.

[WC MD2-3] 01/17

• Heavy Athletics: Stone Put
  • Spears for Distance
    [WC MD4-5] 01/19

• Heavy Athletics: Caber Toss
  • STRONGMAN: Farmers Walk
  • Bake Off
    [WC MD6-7] 01/21

• Heavy Athletics: Hammer Throw
  • LumberJack: Axe Throw
  • Spears for Accuracy
    [WC MD8-9] 01/24

• Heavy Athletics: Weight for Distance
  • Heavy Athletics: Weight for Height
  • STRONGMAN: Keg Toss
  • Kleptochase Round 1
  • Joust (Preliminary Round)
  • Cheese Rolling

[WC MD10-11] 01/26

• LumberJack: Chopping
  • Kleptochase Round 2 (If Necessary)
  • Joust (Round 1 & 2)
  • Fire Dance
    [WC MD12-13] 01/28

• LumberJack: Log Run
  • STRONGMAN: Pillars of Hercules
  • Kleptochase Round 3
  • Strategy Game Qualifying Round
    [WC MD14] 01/30

• LumberJack: Saw Cut
  • Kleptochase Round 4 / AO Final if Necessary
  • Tug of War Round 1
  • Joust (Round 3 & 4)
  • Strategy Game Final
    [WC PO1] 02/01

• LumberJack: Tree Climb
  • STRONGMAN: Vehicle Pull
  • Kleptochase FINAL
  • Tug of War Round 2 (If necessary)
  • ?? Mystery Event Qualifying ??
    [WC PO2] 02/03

• Joust (Final)
  • ?? Mystery Event Final ??
  • Tug of War Round 3

Final Day of Competition

• STRONGMAN: Atlas Stones
  • Tug of War Final
Last edited by Vilitan Mountain Games on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chartistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Chartistan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:02 am

THE BILLBOARD GAZETTE

CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN

6 Chartistani national football team players sent to Vilita to compete in the Vilitan Mountain Games before World Cup qualification

In a surprising move by Doctor Lucas Combbrush, the manager of the Chartistani national football team, 6 of the country's hottest players have been announced to represent Chartistan in the Vilitan Mountain Games, before qualification for World Cup 90 begins. The competition, held, as expected, in the mountains of Vilita, will consist of 3 major events, 9 smaller "Open" events and the Kleptochase World Championship, although the Chartistani delegation has elected to send competitors to 6 of the "Open" events and the aforementioned Kleptochase World Championship. Only one of them, captain Anne Delphine, will compete in more than one event, being the Spears for Distance and Accuracy.

"With how tough our qualification group is for World Cup 90, I feel like some of my players need to be mentally hardened before the games really start", said Combbrush in an interview with the Gazette. "Why not have them try to be the best in their field in a different event to help them get in shape for qualification? If some other people could do multiple sports, why not our players? I mean the Juniper Project won a Bronze in the previous Summer Olympics, anything is possible!"

Allusions to Chartistan's bronze medal aside, when they decided to clone the same person multiple times and give the clones athletic abilities to compete on the Olympic stage, the Vilitan Mountain Games aren't exactly like the Olympics. None of the events are in the Olympic Programme, and only one of them, Kleptochase, has had international tournaments in the past, with Screider Martin of Milchama having won the NationStates Kleptochase Championships. Milchama will send multiple athletes to the Kleptochase World Championship as a result, with all other nations sending 1 athlete, including Chartistani representative Gabby "Alphafu" Yves.

Air Latte, one of only 2 players to have remained in the Hot 11 since the Chartistani NT began, will participate in the Bake Off during Day 2 of the Mountain Games. The other player, Kimmi Yamjune, has permission to dance and bring it on in the Cheese Rolling event on Day 4. Little Exnash, long-time veteran of the national team, will ride on his horse and gain the temporary title of "Sir" as he competes in the Jousting event, hoping to ride until he physically can't no more. Olisa Rodgers is expected to become the first Chartistani to play competitive Arcticala Electrical Grid for the Strategy Game event, held on Days 6 and 7, and there is also the afformentioned Gabby "Alphafu" Yves in the Kleptochase World Championship and Anne Delphine in both Spears event, with the Spears for Distance being held on Day 1.

However, the field will be no pushovers for any of Chartistan's competing events. At least 15 competitors will compete for the Kleptochase World Championship alone, including Yves and Michama's competitors, and all events are expected to at least have 12 competitors, ranging from traditional sporting nations like Banija, Græntfjall and Kriegiersien to Anzoa and Morover. None of Chartistan's athletes are favored to win any events, although Gabby "Alphafu" Yves and Kimmi Yamjune can step up when needed.

Coverage of the Vilitan Mountain Games, as well as World Cup 90, will be covered by the Gazette.

Milchama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Milchama » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 am

Corsican Post-New-Nu-Moon-Star-Republic-Register-Picayune-HaAretz-Yediot Achronot-HaYom-HaMedina-Island-Post

Sports Section

Milchama Appealing for More Athletes

Since the The Warrior Peoples of Milchama were among the first nations to sign up for the War Games, known to other nations as the Vilitan Mountain Games, the whole nation has been on pins and needles to see what will happen. Of course one of the problems for the Milchamians were the details of the games. There was no clear limit on the number of competitors at the War Games. While reading through the rules documents, various Milchamian sports committees attempted to figure out a specific number but came up short on finding something specific. So they did what Milchamians normally do in times of unclarity in individual competitions, put up 3 competitors for each event. As one anonymous executive said, "Three is a good number because it's very hard and still guarantees our top competitors but, on the other hand, it still allows us multiple chances at winning these war games. Also, it's usually how many qualifiers we get for the Olympics so we figured the Vilitan War Games would be like the Olympics."

However, it increasingly seems like the War Games are not like the Olympics. First off, no other nation has given 3 competitors per event but usually one 1 person. Second, in confidential conversations with the Vilitan organizers that were leaked to us it seems like Vilita is expecting one person per event, though there was some talk of giving Milchama a second person in Kleptochase because Milchama are the defending world champions in the sport. Third, we like the number three. So the Milchamian athletes and spectators wait on their toes to see whether they will be allowed to compete.

While it seems like it will spoil preparation for the events according to Wilthrop Barrington Pemberwell it hasn't at all because, "it doesn't change what we do before competition. We need to get ready and be ready regardless of whether we will be competing." Of course a mini-Milchama only tournament has been proposed and may indeed happen (OOC: Vil - whoever is the first name is who I want competing) but if it does we won't hear about the results. The competitors have said that they've figured out who will be competing and that they are all "satisfied" with the results.

Many Milchamians have been complaining about the alleged injustice of missing players for the games. Marla Natuna said, "To work so hard and qualify for international competition, especially in sports that don't really have many international competitions, to be denied that opportunity for paperwork seems so unfair." Many others, however, have said that Milchamians should not be getting unfair advantages to compete based on numbers. Regardless, the War Games controversy rages on. Of course we hope for the best outcome and apparently discussions are ongoing between Milchamian and Vilitan representatives but we should hope that we come to a conclusion that is fair to all athletes and nations in the Vilitan War Games.

Here's to hoping that the correct conclusion is followed and that Milchama can live up to our name in the Vilitan War Games.
Milchama Sports achievements:
World Baseball Classic 23 Champion!
Note: The demonym is Milchamian. There are two of the letter "I(i)" and not one.

3x CoH winner (29, 46, 50) 3x WBC winner (4,5,23), 1x World Cup host (32) Various other minor trophies there's a football club trophy, a kleptochase trophy, Other minor international football trophies.

Fecko
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecko » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm

[FKO] Bunda Uba (Forest man, Species unknown)
A beast who resides in the barren Northern territories of Fecko. Found by explorers searching for gold. Signed up because he heard he could get a shiny medal.

[FKO] Parin Arakis (Blond, muscular man)
A mute begger found in the streets of Fecko's capital city.

[FKO] Sister Aru (Short, hunched lady)
A cook for nuns at one of Fecko's only convents. Known for her delightful stew.

[FKO] Rob Chez (Medium sized man, mildly muscular)
Cheese runs in his family. Born to two lovers in a cheese factory. Will literally do anything to get cheese.

[FKO] Uchabadarinaba Uk (Ugly, tall man)
A Fecko native known for stealing rocks.

[FKO] Alberto Mars (Tall, muscular man)
Historian and jousting expert out of the western plains of Fecko.

[FKO] Guardo Mjardo (Tall man, big forehead, pale)
Recent chess champion and military expert.

[FKO] Karen "Daredevil" Johnson (tall, strong woman)
As her nickname suggests, she is quite a daredevil. Hates her actual name for obvious reasons. Known for pulling off crazy stunts. Also pretty smart.

-Sunset-Shimmer-
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby -Sunset-Shimmer- » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:13 pm

I am here to play ball! I've no idea what I am doing, but I'm here to play! (By the way, I am the official sports nation of Panagouge.)

Wherever my team plays, for whatever events, I've named them the Sunset Sightseers, because alliteration is awesome.

UPDATE
I've made my team list!

[SS] Kaiah Sunray (Team leader, golden she-dragon with streaks of red and orange, tail and wings tip glow at night)
Nobodh knows where from Kaiah comes, whether the mountains or the caves below. Even so, she leaders her nation sports team fiercely, determined to make it through each season no matter the losses. In the end, it's about teamwork and fun, not the trophies.

[SS] Julia Katzie (Tall female human, blue (dyed) hair and brown eyes; works in the logging business)
Currently the only human on the team, Julia is a hard-working immigrant. She is determined the play hard and make her newfound country proud.

[SS] Jenikuvi ( A silver cloud of mist shrouded in mystery)
Nobody knows what it is or whats doing here. It just showed up one day at a game and started following the team around. Since their ain't no rule, it was formally inducted into the team. Thus far, it's only communicated its name with us for legal reasons.

[SS] Isple Apollo (Turquise male unicorn, dull green eyes; proffessional assassin and baker)
While most unicorns use their magical abilities to help the world, Apollo is a bit different. He runs a local bakery all week to supprt his family. However, on the weekends, he hired to kill. The hard part is cleaning up his magical trail. Everyone knows its him, but so far they can't prove it.

[SS] Cagoule Jade (Grandson of Discord; part-time physcologist and part-time athlete)
While insaner than his grandfather Discord, Cagoule is just as whimsical. He chose cheese rolling, thinking it was the oddest event. He has always had a trick or two. That's due to the fact that he's a rules lawyer and loophole exploiter.

[SS] The Pyro Lord (Glowing red, literally, female pegasus with ember eyes; stage preformer and reknown philanthropist)
With an obsession for fire, it's a surprise to many that she never chose arsonist as a career path. Instead, she followed her "burning" passion and became a stage act. Known only by her stage name, she goes on international tours for charity. She leads a balanced life, although an occasional act of arson may occur.

[SS] Torrid The Twelfth (Green earth pony with brown eyes; his favorite job is the weekend shift in the salt mines )
With a family name so long it spans several legal documents, Torrid prefers to go by his generational designation. He plans on ending the family tradition and bringing his family into the modern era. Progressive and modern, Torrid uses his gargantuan wealth to help young athletes across the nation. Overall, he's a pretty good young adult. Torrid's generous heart will keep him popular for the foreseeable future.

SS] Offarockenry (Medium-sized female manticore with light yellow eyes; consultant any generally anything)
Offarockenry is the team's master in all fields of unusual sports. She is also the team librarian, finding the best guidebooks and up-to-date rule books. She is a history enthusiast as a result. Several sportsbooks have been published under her pen name "O. Kenry." Frankly, she says, it saves ink. You also don't have to deal with trying to pronounce her name. I almost forgot to mention that she is keenly clean and efficient.

[SS] Zastuli (]Deep indigo alicorn, blue and silver flowing hair, and dark black eyes; has had a career of odds and ends)
Wearing backup safety glasses over her safety glasses, which are already on top of her prescription glasses, Zastuli is the team's safety manager. Sometimes she's a bit of a control freak, but it's for concern of the team's wellbeing. Despite being an alicorn, thus being the most powerful, she rarely uses her powers or flies. Zastuli is adamant on being a self-made worker. She also considers it cheating, if if sports don't forbid it. Show her respect, and she will respect you as well.

[SS} Bobby Stevens (Short earth pony, brown with blue eyes; is a personal trainer)
Always the valedictorian of gym class, he has a passion for throwing things, Discus is his favorite, but spears are also excellent. We would've had more from an interview, but we were told he canceled to run an ultramarathon. It does provide well for his family.

[SS] Augustus Finch (A large finich; chess touranments fund his college)
Yes, he really is a finch, despite being Finch being his species. Augustus blames his parents for that one; he can't wait to change it legally. Being the youngest on the team, Augustus may very well be the brightest. Having studied, and won, numerous board games and war books, he is prepared for any challenge of the mind.

[SS] Praspa (Dark brown and black griffon; works in construction and other labor-intensive jobs)
Gruff, rough, tough, never quitting until she's had enough, Praspa is determined to do what she sees fit. Three hours of training and a healthy diet are part of her everyday routine. Since she works best with family, she's brought them along. Also, she refuses to retain a last name. Nobody knows why.
Kiliop Ffriginz
Ogoil Ffriginz
Pipens "Zesty" Ffriginz
Goggfu Ffriginz
Xavat Ffriginz
Ogoil Jr. Ffriginz
Loitsk Ffriginz
Abbotpel Ffriginz
Buupter Ffriginz

[SS] Agent 2590496, aka "The Jukebox" (Always in a black suit snd sunglasses and has amber eyes; formidable sppy)
Since he loves mystery, the -Sunset-Shimmer-'s best national spy had stepped out of the shadows for a brief time. Little is known about him. The only solid fact is that he loves 80's and 90's music from Earth.
message.txt
4 KB
Last edited by -Sunset-Shimmer- on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:43 pm

Darmeni Delegation to the Vilitan Mountain Games

Judas Vipond - 26 years old - Bank teller - Sponsored by Famous Moose (Whiskey distillery)

Len Hutson - 33 years old - Logging foreman - Sponsored by Darmen National Lumber

Osvald Mandel - 25 years old - Data analyst - Sponsored by Bloomer Brewing Company

Lamont MacClery - 38 years old - Pastry chef - Sponsored by Big Eats (restaurant chain)

Lamont MacClery - 30 years old - Junior Director of Marketing - Sponsored by Orden Dairy

Dex Kavanagh - 34 years old - Cowboy - Sponsored by Blazing Pitchforks Ranch

Jay Gibb - 22 years old - Student-athlete - Sponsored by University of Liverpool

Jay Gibb - 22 years old - Student-athlete - Sponsored by University of Liverpool

Lorenz Mulligan - 67 years old - Brigadier General - Sponsored by the Darmeni Army

Éanna Ó Frighil
Gillespie Jansen
Patsy Morison
Radcliff Herbert
Baruch Villalobos
Milburn Tracy
Phillip Payton
Corbin Araya
Randal Lévesque
Javier Seeger
Léonide Paulsen
Howie Edvardsen
Justino Spellmeyer
Céleste Schultz
Kam Ferguson

Bob - Unknown years old - Unknown occupation - Sponsored by himself
Yes. That Bob.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Nykipiflugpuu
Secretary

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nykipiflugpuu » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:15 pm

In the wake of the signing and ratification of the Tuletorkanvaartisaarto Agreement, Nykipish fisherman and candidate for Administrator Kyrmy Kyrmynen has assembled a small group of like-minded islanders to attend the Vilitan Mountain Games as part of Nykipiflugpuu's first independent participation in an international sporting event.

[NYK] Katja Kivikikkik (Vertically ample; of mighty calves, monstrous thighs and hooded eyes.)
Known as Kaki to her co-workers at the Timantirkas Post Office, the Myyrsi native was forced to relocate to the capital village of Nykipiflugpuu after her house was leveled to make way for the Myyrsi Nuclear Power Plant. Distraguht at the sudden and unnanounced destruction of her home and her small walrus farm out back, she was told by a family friend to take up therapeutic dog-sledding. Her newfound passion pushed her to seek employment as a mail delivery cadet at the post office to turn her dog-sledding hobby into a way to make a living.

[NYK] Korpo Kiirejaavõistejä (Tall and "built like a walrus", as his mother used to say.)
Cousin of motorsport tryhard Taavi Kiirejaavõistejä, Korpo heard of the upcoming Vilitan Mountain Games and sought Kyrmy Kyrmynen's attention himself. He was extremely enthusiastic about participating in the Lumberjack Competition, after assuring Kyrmy he knew "a thing or two about lumberjacking".

[NYK] Raimond Kiviviskaaijä (Short and burly; often chosen by his family to dress up as Pyhämyyrsimees (Nykipish Santa Claus, lit. Holy Walrus Man) on Christmas)
Born in Lohytyssaaremaantyy, Raimond became known as the strongest Nykipik ever after managing to open a jar of pickled herring that had been frozen shut for decades — on his first try, and at the age of nine. In awe at his biblical strength, his parents relocated to Timantirkas, where they sent Raimond to work in the harbor to help fishermen carry crates of herring on and off their boats. His parents perished shortly after Raimond moved to Myyrsi to man the Myyrsi Nuclear Power Plant, after consuming pickled herring seemingly contaminated with uranium-235.

[NYK] Silyy Sykki (Pale and wan. On course to become the oldest ever Nykipik after her 57th birthday.)
With little in the way of heat, electricity, natural gas, wheat, flour, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, star anise, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, sugar at all, lmfao, on the archipelago, 56-year-old grandmother Silyy Sykki spent a lifetime carefully curating callouses on her hands making candles out of walrus fat for the Timantirkaan Myyrsiinkirkkonne chapel of the Church of Walrus. When the chapel collapsed in 2005, Silyy was distraught, but as she brought her hands to her face to weep into her rough palms she caught an accidental taste of the walrus fat which soaked her skin. Since discovering the salty umami taste of walrus oil, she has repurposed her worship candles as snacks, selling them on the streets of Timantirkas to what she calls a "queasy" clientele.

[NYK] "Kaaru" (Looks like a bear. Make of that what you will.)
Reccommended to Kyrmy Kyrmynen by black-cloak wearing AOCAR stock car racer Kuldar Erakkpyseppä. Like Erakkpyseppä, little is known of "Kaaru". For all we know, he might really be a bear. The non-human type.

[NYK] Kuldar Myyrsisstästäjä (Average height, with broad shoulders and deeply hooded, shadowed eyes. Has a scar on his left cheek if you look at him face-on; he swears that "your left is my left".)
Part of Team Abovian Union's archery delegation in the team's inaugural Summer Olympics on the Terranean Coast in Electrum. He was the only one of the three submitted athletes to have qualified for the knockout rounds, but faltered against Ahn Jong-Ik of Quebec and Shingoryeo on his first head-to-head. His surname, though similar to that of the disappeared Nykipik head of state, differs in that it means "walrus hunter", and not "walrus oil hunter". He has reportedly come under scrutiny, however, after being seen in public wearing a cloak and hat similar to those donned by the vanished dictator.

[NYK] Irmeli Keskitalo (Never seen without her quadruple-braided ponytail, which is significantly heavier on its own than the rest of her body.)
In dire need of an explosively strong athlete, Kyrmy Kyrmynen sought the help of Olympic silver medalist Irmeli Keskitalo for the "jungle javelin" event. Though enthusiastic about the proposition and despite accepting the offer, Keskitalo was reportedly confused at the insinuation that she was an Olympic medalist, though she later conceded that she had a faint, vague recollection of standing on a podium with a cloak on her head.

[NYK] Kyrmy Kyrmynen (Scrawny and medium height, with really, really really greasy short hair.)
As part of his political campaign for Nykipish administrator, Kyrmynen decided to bring his extended family to Vilita to fill out the team. Though planning to employ the rest of the attending athletes in the tug of war team, his little brother, little sister, little cousin, big cousin, young uncle, old uncle, big uncle, small uncle, and grandmother will be present to substitute for athletes who may be busy participating in their own events or out of competition after suffering injuries.

[NYK] "Myysterimees" (???)
Some say... that they go by they/them pronouns, and that they once spilled walrus oil over the cloak of a friend of theirs and had them executed on the spot. All we know is that they wear a really skin-tight mask around their eyes, and that their bald scalp looks an awful lot like an off-white, ill-fitting latex cap.
Last edited by Nykipiflugpuu on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Semi-independent protectorate of Aboveland

Schima Bas
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2021
Capitalizt

Postby Schima Bas » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:00 pm

Heavy Athletics:
Every Mann | An enterprising athlete and friend of Schima Bas national football team player Bisma Shehadeh, Mann has a competitive streak, but has one weakness: he's terrified of grass, and has been ever since the incident which befell him as a child.

Lumberjack:
Homer Alquidi | Rarely called on except for in times of great need, Homer Alquidi is somewhat of a folk hero in Schima Bas, content to tend to his finely-manicured lemon farm in the countryside, he is always willing to help should a great need arise. Makes the best lemonade you’ve ever had.

Strongman:
Jester Morrose | Full-time lip balm salesman, Morrose is a gargantuan figure, and his claim to fame is never using a truck and always carrying around his goods so they can be seen by potential clients. He… isn’t all that bright.

Bake Off:
Miss Jasmine Gray | Pastry chef for Crown’s College, Miss Gray is beloved by the students of the university, and even has a statue of her likeness in a campus garden. Many call her Saint Jasmine, but the university’s faculty are attempting to crack down on this.

Cheese Rolling:
Havharvey Moldey | Is that a rat suit? Did he steal that from someone, or make it himself? Oh. OH WOW, that smells. Jesus Christ what’s inside that thing? It’s smells like all the trash in Ourelasia packed into a confined space, drizzled with the sprinklings of rotting meat in 100-degree heat! And I’ve just seen the tail move, I’m out of here, NEXT COMPETITOR PLEASE

Fire Dance:
Notton Fyre | Terrified of fire. Apparently he’s here because he’s in medical debt. Well that seems like cruel and unusual punishment. That’s not illegal here, apparently. Poor fella.

Kleptochase:
Jeremy Griff | Fast, dexterous and stunningly handsome, Griff is exactly what you’d want in a Kleptochase competitor. The only weakness the fellow has? He can’t stop looking into a mirror until he blinks. He thinks of it like a staring competition. And he doesn’t lose those. Probably because he ties every time he competes.

Joust:
Sir Thomas Readiton Hoppes Bottomsworthy | The only one in Schima Bas that knows how to joust, the man isn’t all that great at Jousting, but he’s read more books about it than just about anyone in the multiverse. Has he ever practiced? Nooooooot quite, but he’s getting around to it, he swears!

Spears for Accuracy:
Greatt Throwin | The one that momma loved

Spears for Distance
Pooret Throwin | The one that momma didn’t love

Strategy Games:
Dean Colley Whitworth | Dean Colley Whitworth is the “Schima Bas Gentleman of Football”, which isn’t a real title that exists, but one that he’s claimed anyways. A prolific writer, Whitworth spent his time studying the art of war while you, I don’t know, read your tax returns or something.

Tug of War

The starting Defense and Midfield for the Men's National Football Team

Volfango Di Lello
Avery Cloutier
Gilles Bertrand
Khuld Montemayor
Makin Moghaddam
Bisma Shehadeh
Mukarram el-Muhammad
Leonard Charbonneau

Mystery Event:
Mabel the Mighty | She’s a terror on the countryside, and if the nation of Schima Bas had a police force, they’d all be tasked with taking her down. But, they don’t, so the government tied a bunch of deer down (her favorite) in a trail leading to the most secure airplane the country has, hoping that whatever she does in The Tropics of Vilita will keep her occupied for long enough to come up with a better plan.
Last edited by Schima Bas on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
•IC information is not a reflection of my IRL beliefs
•Member of Atlantian Oceania
•Fan of all sporting matters
---
"Out of all the unimportant things, football is the most important" -Pope John Paul II

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports