NATION

PASSWORD

✹ Hintuwan Q&A [OPEN]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
New York Times Democracy

✹ Hintuwan Q&A [OPEN]

Postby Hintuwan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:35 am

COMMONWEALTH OF HINTUWAN
Questions and Answers Thread

About this Thread
This is the one-stop-thread for all in-character and out-of-character communications between your Nation-State and Hintuwan. On this thread, you can, among anything else in the form of in-character communications:

• Contact any character or entity from the Hintuwan for any reason whatsoever
  • Ask questions regarding the Hintuwan, or its people
  • Comment on, commend, or condemn Hintuwan for our recent actions
  • Offer subsidies to or place sanctions on the Hintuwani government
  • Propose treaties between your Nation-State and the Hintuwan
If nothing else, you can simply use this thread to say hi and introduce your Nation-State to us to kick-off diplomatic relations. :)

When submitting in-character communications please be sure to note to whom the message is addressed to, who the message is from, and through what medium is the message relayed (for example, an e-mail or a visit to the President). If one or more of these parameters is not fulfilled, I reserve the right to assume it for you.

Please keep things civil and realistic, be mindful of Hintuwan's canon, and follow site rules.

About Hintuwan
Hintuwan, officially the Commonwealth of Hintuwan (Hintuwanese: Kómonwélt ng Hintuwan, Luhanese: Pángkalahatáng Pámahalaán ng Hintuwan), is an archipelagic country in the Southern Sea of The Western Isles. It consists of 118 islands and includes a detached territorial collectivity known as Lupah Ilijay which extends its sovreignty to an additional 11. Mainland Hintuwan shares maritime borders with Doravo to the North, Ivolshok to the East, Corindia to the West, and New Aapelistan to the South. In 2020, Hintuwan was recorded to have had a population of around 16.9 million people. Hintuwan is a multinational state, with diverse ethnicities and cultures throughout its islands. Matters of state are discussed in Haijing - the nation's capital and its largest city.

Hintuwan is an emerging market and a newly industrialized country, and has an economy transitioning from being based on agriculture to being based more on services and manufacturing. Hintuwan's position as an island country close to the equator makes the country prone to earthquakes and typhoons. The country has a variety of natural resources and a globally significant level of biodiversity. Contemporary issues being faced by Hintuwan include nepotism in government, a track record of police brutality, and an ongoing Islamist insurgency.
Last edited by Hintuwan on Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:18 pm

Q: What other made-up nations exist in your universe, other than Pordhesia and Nui va Song?
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

TheTrollface
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 26, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby TheTrollface » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:01 pm

An anonymous email comes into the mail box of the president. it reads

Hello Hintuwan President, an anonymous speaker here. I come towards today to infer you about some pressing matters. What is your opinion about the Nation of Trollistan, as well as just Benevolent Dictatorships as a whole.

Sinceres, Anonymous Trollski

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Arpasia wrote:Q: What other made-up nations exist in your universe, other than Pordhesia and Nui va Song?

The only other made-up nation is West Lebatuck (based on the NS issues nation of East Lebatuck), which is supposed to be sort of like West Germany.

Tbh, this might be retconned eventually, just as Hun Chiu (replaced by Doravo) and Alarica (replaced by Dormill and Stiura) were also recently retconned in favor of actually-existing NSes.
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)
  • Long live all the republics of the world! May justice and liberty prevail throughout the world!
14 Mar 2024 | ✉  Radio Free Hintuwan    Now Playing - Do You Hear the People Sing? (Filipino)   Economy shows signs of recovery

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:41 pm

TheTrollface wrote:An anonymous email comes into the mail box of the president. it reads

Hello Hintuwan President, an anonymous speaker here. I come towards today to infer you about some pressing matters. What is your opinion about the Nation of Trollistan, as well as just Benevolent Dictatorships as a whole.

Sinceres, Anonymous Trollski

"My country is a non-aligned country. We welcome all nations regardless of how they like to style themselves ideologically, so long as they choose the path of peace and so long as the government is supported by the people."
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:39 pm

/bump
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:48 am

/bump
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Wirye
Attaché

Founded: Apr 12, 2022
Left-Leaning College State

An unfamiliar button on a desk

Postby Wirye » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:07 pm

There's something strange on President Henry Theodore Bulalacao's desk. It's an object that looks like a button and has the words "Press this button."

Buttons are things you've never seen before, so pressing them can be dangerous. However, President Henry Theodore Bulalacao is attracted to the urge to press the button and presses the button.

As soon as Henry Theodore Bulalacao presses the button, light comes out of the button and a hologram of a woman appears. Soon the woman's hologram begins to speak to President Henry Theodore Bulalacao.

Hello, I'm the President of the Federal Republic of Wirye, Lee Ji-Yeon. I'm calling to ask you something I'm curious about personally.

The largest party in the National Assembly in Hintuwan is known as the AHFB. And you belong to the LCMC party. This means that the government's policy could face strong opposition if it fails to win the opposition's cooperation. Has the Hintuwan government ever been difficult because of the current situation in which the opposition party accounts for more than half of the National Assembly?
Last edited by Wirye on Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This country does not use NS statistics.
WBS: Public Broadcasting with the People
WBS: Summary News |--- With the elimination of agricultural tariffs, Earth's agricultural products are increasing their market share in Wirye. ---|--- The Congressional Republic of the League of Humanity space force has seized a cargo ship belonging to Asteria, citing a violation of the Waste Disposal Act. ---|--- An angry public in Asteria protested in front of the CRLH embassy. ---|--- The terraforming of the 'Cheongdo' planet has begun. Terraforming is expected to take 10 years to complete. ---|--- Tori, a talking cat, said, "Human beings are a great labor force for cats," drawing attention to the Internet. ---|

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:02 am

An email is sent to the government:

To: Government of Hintuwan

Dear Government of Hintuwan,
what is your nation like in terms of car ownership and availability of automobile brands?

Do you have any of these automobile brands in your nation:

Acura
Alfa Romeo
Audi
Bentley
BMW
Cadillac
Changan
Chery
Chrysler
Citroen
Daihatsu
Dodge
Ferrari
FIAT
Ford
Holden
Honda
Hyundai
Infiniti
Isuzu
Jaguar
Kia
Land Rover
Lamborghini
Lexus
Lincoln
Mazda
Mercedes-Benz
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Opel
Peugeot
Perodua
Proton
Porsche
Rolls-Royce
Renault
Subaru
Suzuki
Tesla
Toyota
Vauxhall
Volkswagen
Volvo
Zotye

Currently in our automotive publication online, we do not cover your nation in the vehicle price and specification guides since we have no data on cars and commercial vehicles.

We will expand to cover this if there is data available.

Also, how many U.S. citizens reside in your nation? I am a U.S. citizen, born in Nashua, New Hampshire and have resided here in the United Kingdom & West Bromwich Holme since 1999.

Bryanna Clayton
Head of Automotive Data, Autoweek
Last edited by West Bromwich Holme on Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:41 am

Wirye wrote:-snip-

"Are you familiar with the tale of Damocles? Leadership is like walking around with a sword above your head, waiting to drop on you at any moment. This couldn't be more apt to my job today. Hintuwan has suffered deadlock after deadlock since the last election and it hasn't been too good for the state of the country. We Hintuwanis have never been more fractured politically, but - you know how it is - the show has to go on and I have to keep performing my duties to the best of my ability. But to answer your question: yes, President Lee, I'd be lying if I said I had an easy job - this issue of the AHFB having the majority in parliament really is one of the things that keeps me up at night. It's caused a lot of problems, and it's bound to cause a whole lot more.

Granted, in our political system, the executive branch has many powers which bypass parliament that I suppose cannot be exercised in certain western countries which also operate parliaments. For example, I can and still do issue presidential decrees in time-sensitive matters which we do not have the luxury of having to put to a vote, such as Hintuwan's trade policy. I have control over how much the minimum access volume is for certain goods which enter the country and I advise the Lakan on our foreign policy, among other things that are within my sole capacity of uh... executing.

But of course, revisions to the penal code - deciding what our citizens can or cannot do - that is what the majority in parliament tend to be able to control. And of course, I have many disagreements with the AHFB - not least because many of its members were former colleagues and party-mates of mine who were discontent with the way I and the "old guard' so to speak were running the LCMC. They say that we are out of touch with the people, that we are "neo-colonialists" for seeking better ties with Dormill and Stiura, and that we aren't giving the people enough access to government services. They say we're in league with Muslim terrorists, some of my party-mates have accused them of being too friendly with the communists. It's all petty politics but that rhetoric appeals to their constituents, I guess.

This pork crisis thing, for example. My party has tried a total of three times to get a bill to relax tariffs passed and let more foreign corporations operate pig farms in the country, but time after time the AHFB filibusters us because they think it'll hurt local industry. That's the whole point though - we need competition otherwise local industry has no incentive to develop! Most of the time they don't even have plans of their own, they just hate mine.

Sufficed to say, my country is at a crossroads. Hintuwan walks a thin line and if she falls... God only knows where she'll land. I'm not too confident about how my party will perform in the next election but one thing's for sure: we need to adapt to the signs of the times, we need to reach... some sort of compromise with the AHFB.

I'm sure you understand these anxieties of mine as a fellow president, Your Excellency. I'm really glad you went out of your way to get in touch with me, whether out of concern or just plain curiosity. It's good to have someone I can share these problems with in private, without all of those pesky journalists analyzing every word you say."

RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Kingdom of Intermaria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Intermaria » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 pm

Q: Is there a code of your sig that I can copy for my signature?
Republik Federasi ouf Aituia Since 1700s
Come live in Aituia - thousands of opportunities and sites you can visit!
||TV-N4|||  Kaw Time: 8:36 AM |  Rover Time: 3:36 AM |  Take a break at Coldhart Donuts! Eat now! |  Want a fast internet connection free for 5 months, with 7.2 GB load? Buy our freebie coupons which only costs 1 Astardia Unit! Come buy now. |  29° Cloudy in Kaw. |
OoC Scrolly | My Forum Name: Mauser | Account age: Less than a year. | Pronouns: NotHuman/NotHuman (I'm trolling with ya) | Other accounts outside of NS: Roblox PC

Hintuwan
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Hintuwan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Kingdom of Intermaria wrote:Q: Is there a code of your sig that I can copy for my signature?

OOC: no
RP Music

RPs I'm In
(1) (2)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information