NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (POLL 4) A compromising position...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What would you consider to be the best 'compromise'?

Reduce abortions with welfare supports / other non-invasive measures, leave access untouched.
33%
Set conditions under which abortions can be accessed.
21%
Allow free access, under a given time limit.
9%
Allow free access, but give men an option to excuse themselves from child support.
10%
HELL WITH COMPROMISE, IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!
21%
Look out! They're here! Pink Elephants on Parade! Here they come, hippity hoppity!
5%

Total votes : 401

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:15 am

and which pendejo made you the arbiter of that?

One doesn't need to be an arbiter nor a judge to follow the law in all of its forms. ;)

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:18 am

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:So a fetus has yet to gain personhood then. Either way it isn't a person.

A toddler has yet to gain personhood. A mentally deficient child has yet to gain personhood. Either way, they're still a person and claiming the contrary is just peddling Nazi "life unworthy of life" rhethoric.

Wrong on both counts lmfao
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:27 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Arlenton wrote:This opinion is simply an opinion. The government has, and uses, the ability to take rights away from people for various reason.

Do those "various reason" [sic] include the mentioned reason of offending some peoples' morality?

Yes.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:27 am

Arlenton wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Do those "various reason" [sic] include the mentioned reason of offending some peoples' morality?

Yes.

Examples?

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:38 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Arlenton wrote:This opinion is simply an opinion. The government has, and uses, the ability to take rights away from people for various reason.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Abolish the 2nd amendment because civvies with guns personally offends me lmao

The government clearly does have gun control in effect currently, so yeah. They do do it.

I am not arguing in favor of a "should" I am arguing that they "do".

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:38 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Yes.

Examples?

State laws banning abortion after 25 weeks, or whatever the standard allowed by Roe is I forgot the exact number.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:39 am

Arlenton wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Examples?

State laws banning abortion after 25 weeks, or whatever the standard allowed by Roe is I forgot the exact number.

Roe did not set a standard.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:40 am

Arlenton wrote:

The government clearly does have gun control in effect currently, so yeah. They do do it.

I am not arguing in favor of a "should" I am arguing that they "do".

and they should because i am personally offended
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 am

Necroghastia wrote:
Michel Meilleur wrote:A toddler has yet to gain personhood. A mentally deficient child has yet to gain personhood. Either way, they're still a person and claiming the contrary is just peddling Nazi "life unworthy of life" rhethoric.

Wrong on both counts lmfao

"nu uh ur wrong lololololilalol"

A compelling argument as to why some humans should not be considered as being persons. :roll:

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:42 am

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Wrong on both counts lmfao

A compelling argument as to why some humans should not be considered as being persons. :roll:

It was as compelling as your claim.
Just A Little though

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:43 am

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:Wrong on both counts lmfao

are you seriously pretending that "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" isn't what your posts amount to :rofl:

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:59 am

Necroghastia wrote:are you seriously pretending that "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" isn't what your posts amount to :rofl:

Well, if telling you that "you don't get to deny another human's humanity because it's inconvenient to you" is "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" to you, then I don't think I can do much for you.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:are you seriously pretending that "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" isn't what your posts amount to :rofl:

Well, if telling you that "you don't get to deny another human's humanity because it's inconvenient to you" is "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" to you, then I don't think I can do much for you.

i mean
denying another human's humanity is literally what you are doing
so

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:05 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Michel Meilleur wrote:Well, if telling you that "you don't get to deny another human's humanity because it's inconvenient to you" is "nuh uh ur wrong lololol" to you, then I don't think I can do much for you.

i mean
so

I'm denying another human's humanity by... Saying that personhood and its nebulous definition isn't enough to deny someone's humanity? :eyebrow:
Quite the take you have, I sure would love to hear your reasoning because I ain't getting it lmfao

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:07 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:i mean
so

I'm denying another human's humanity by... Saying that personhood and its nebulous definition isn't enough to deny someone's humanity? :eyebrow:
Quite the take you have, I sure would love to hear your reasoning because I ain't getting it lmfao

Michel Meilleur wrote:A toddler has yet to gain personhood. A mentally deficient child has yet to gain personhood..

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:10 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Michel Meilleur wrote:A toddler has yet to gain personhood. A mentally deficient child has yet to gain personhood. Either way, they're still a person and claiming the contrary is just peddling Nazi "life unworthy of life" rhethoric.

Fucking lmao, can you be less blatant in your shameless quote editing? :lol2:
You know, you can just admit you were wrong and read too quickly instead of lying through your teeth like that.
Last edited by Michel Meilleur on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:12 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

Fucking lmao, can you be less blatant in your shameless quote editing? :lol2:

He said, as he blatantly and shamelessly quote edited.
You know, you can just admit you were wrong and read too quickly instead of lying through your teeth like that.

Not in the habit of saying I was wrong about things I wasn't wrong about.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:14 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:So how do you define "right?"

Very differently from wrong. :lol:

Do you have a whole notebook on ways to not answer questions?
....you're a used car salesmen aren't you?

Elwher
Powerbroker

Founded: May 24, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Elwher » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Sundiata wrote:No, I'm arguing that brain-dead people should have the same rights as people who are not brain-dead.

Have you polled the dead about their political preferences lately? After all the dead should be permitted to vote according to you no?

Only in Chicago.
CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.
Ambrose Bierce

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Necroghastia wrote:He said, as he blatantly and shamelessly quote edited.

I quote edited because I added back the second part of the post you purposefully removed to change the point I was making? You know that it's not allowed by the rules to do what you're trying to do, right?

You're clearly in the habit of lying about being right for things you can and have been very easily proved wrong, lol

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:He said, as he blatantly and shamelessly quote edited.

I quote edited because I added back the second part of the post you purposefully removed to change the point I was making?

You mean the post I snipped to point out where precisely you denied certain peoples' humanity?
You know that it's not allowed by the rules to do what you're trying to do, right?

If you honestly think I did anything wrong, the appropriate venue is the moderation subforum.

You're clearly in the habit of lying about being right for things you can and have been very easily proved wrong, lol

Yes, yes you are. You're also clearly in the habit of referring to yourself in the second person.

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:26 pm

Necroghastia wrote:You mean the post I snipped to point out where precisely you denied certain peoples' humanity?

The post you removed the second part to change totally the meaning of and are now still pathetically lying in an attempt to pretend that you haven't fucked up pitifully, indeed.

It's still not working btw, lol.
If you honestly think I did anything wrong, the appropriate venue is the moderation subforum.

Can't be arsed, mate. I just want you to know how much you failed and how pathetic it looks, that's all. No need to call the janies for that. ;)
Yes, yes you are. You're also clearly in the habit of referring to yourself in the second person.

:lol2:
k lol m8

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You mean the post I snipped to point out where precisely you denied certain peoples' humanity?

The post you removed the second part to change totally the meaning of and are now still pathetically lying in an attempt to pretend that you haven't fucked up pitifully, indeed.

"they don't have personhood but they're persons" is a total oxymoron and you know it. But, somehow, you think I am the one who has "fucked up pitifully." Weeeeird.

Michel Meilleur
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Michel Meilleur » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:37 pm

Necroghastia wrote:"they don't have personhood but they're persons" is a total oxymoron and you know it. But, somehow, you think I am the one who has "fucked up pitifully." Weeeeird.

It's almost as if "personhood" as a claim to what make a person, a person is bogus bullshit made up by peoples who want to justify abortion by dehumanizing fetus and babies. :)

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Michel Meilleur wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:"they don't have personhood but they're persons" is a total oxymoron and you know it. But, somehow, you think I am the one who has "fucked up pitifully." Weeeeird.

It's almost as if "personhood" as a claim to what make a person, a person is bogus bullshit made up by peoples who want to justify abortion by dehumanizing fetus and babies. :)

I mean for personhood to be a thing a person does need to be a person. It is kinda in the definition.
Not that personhood matters when it comes to abortion.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General