NATION

PASSWORD

An Interdimensional Incident (OOC, CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Done with exams. Will post soon. I'll try today.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Californian Fallen Angels
Attaché

Founded: Jun 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:08 am

Valentine Z wrote:
Californian Fallen Angels wrote:
Sounds good. Gives us time to prep for it (and to decipher your message).

Yeah, no problem! I'll be a bit busy this weekend with other RPs and writing, but since this upcoming week is WFH week, I can write a post after you guys are done. No pressure, of course.

I got around 3/4 of my post done. Will try to work on it some more tomorrow night, and will definitely work more on it on Sunday. Hopefully, it will be done by Monday.

Won't immediately have anything for you to respond to yet (3 days is a good bit of time since our faction is constantly doing stuff, so that means our posts tend to get pretty filled), but our next post will involve prepping for your arrival. (Right now, we're messing with Drecha.)

In any case, it's a fun and wild post that may or may not shock some people. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Oh, speaking of which - Drecha! In the post we're working on, we're sending reconnaissance your way. These recon units are... interesting. They're aren't made of matter, or antimatter either; they are made of massless particles. Not sure radar would pick them up, as the signals would just go right through them. Not sure what kind of sensors your ship has, if they'd be able to pick up such intangible units, and if they can, what it would look like to them/how they'd react to it. Feel free to ask me questions about this. (We do have this unit detailed in a factbook, by the way.)

A m e n r i a wrote:Done with exams. Will post soon. I'll try today.

Nice! I hope you did well!

Don't feel the need to rush yourself. You just did a lot of work
Honestly, think Metro meets Resident Evil meets FEAR meets Shadowrun, with the violence of Hotline Miami meets the Doom reboot, but it's on PCP, and came back from 'Nam with a crippling alcohol addiction and PTSD.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Population: 16,284
Currency: Bitcoin
National Animal: Goat
National Food: Game, canned food, and instant noodles
National Beverage: Alcohol
National Pastime: Addiction
Average Life Expectancy of Newborns: 2 months
Average Life Expectancy of 30 year old Adults: 40 years
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.
A 12.666... civilization, according to this index. (Tier 9 because of cybernetic and wetware augments, otherwise we're lower.)

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:11 pm

Alright got my post up.

Feel free to ask me questions about it, I'll be more than happy to answer.
Honestly, think Metro meets Resident Evil meets FEAR meets Shadowrun, with the violence of Hotline Miami meets the Doom reboot, but it's on PCP, and came back from 'Nam with a crippling alcohol addiction and PTSD.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.
A 12.666... civilization, according to this index. (Tier 9 because of cybernetic and wetware augments, otherwise we're lower.)

Mirum
Envoy

Founded: May 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm

Looks good so far! I should be getting one up sooner or later.
Last edited by Mirum on Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home Page - Embassy Program - Q&A - News - Airport
Tier 6.5, Level 4, Type 5.5, Power Level 12 || Member of The Iron Alliance
Puppets:
Mountainus - Drecha - Mirum II (The Empire of Mirum) - Costavozka

A MT and Fantasy Nation. This Nation Does Not Represent My Views. NS Stats Null-And-Void.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Mirum wrote:Looks good so far! I should be getting one up sooner or later.

Thanks!

Let me know if I should app more characters in. (If you read my post, it should hopefully be apparent why I ask that.)

And I'm sure you're post will be awesome. :3
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Russian-American Continental Alliance
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-American Continental Alliance » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:20 pm

APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: Pacific Peace Alliance
Form: Military Alliance ruled by a tripartite leadership
Leader: Chairwoman of the Pacific Peace Alliance Kanata Romanova
Leader Factbook: Here.
Tech Level: PMT, Early FT, with elements of MT and PT here and there.
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Medium. Canon references to the afterlife in some lore, but not much.
Population Size: Can't really calculate right now, estimates around a few hundred million.
Military Size: 6,241,982 Personnel
Main Factbook URL: Here.
Military Factbook URL: Here.
# Of Characters: Two.

NAME: Efreytor Dimitri Borisov
ROLE: Conscript of the Russian Federal Army
DESCRIPTION: A Young Russian Conscript with experience from hundreds of battles, he has seen a lot and expects more.
IMAGE (Optional):

FACTBOOK (If Present): Here. (Not much, but it's what I can scrape up)
BIO (If no factbook, 1+ paragraphs):

NAME: Missile Operator Natalia Zelenskaya
ROLE: Missile Operator of the Russian Federal Army
DESCRIPTION: A missile operator with very little patience, an a knack for operating a truckborne nuclear missile.
IMAGE (Optional):

FACTBOOK (If Present):
BIO (If no factbook, 1+ paragraphs): A Russian Topol-M missile operator born in Kaliningrad during 2003, she was raised by a family with heritage going back to the old Imperial Russian Military. She was the youngest of the new generation and was expected to do the best to support her and her family. She was always fascinated with Rockets, and soon, she dreamt of commanding one of Russia's ICBM platforms. She was conscripted to the Russian Army in 2020, at 17 years of age. She would be assigned to a Topol-M missile launcher, just like she expected to be. Now, she's in her own situation.

I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES IN THE ORIGINAL POST [X] Y --- N[ ]

Pacific Peace Alliance | Тихоокеанский Мирный Альянс | 太平洋平和同盟
"If they don't move, they'll be crushed."
2023. It's a 3rd world war, and America and her friends rise from the ashes. In a horribly broken world, only one faction makes it out.
RAAN: Imperial Japanese PM Kanata releases statement calling China a "severe threat to the asian population"|Russian President Suvorov reportedly contemplating reducing army standards to increase the Russian Army's numbers|US President Townes' "stratocratic fascism" continues to hold America in a stranglehold
now featuring: GFL lore (read it. NOW.)
to hell with putin

Mirum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Russian-American Continental Alliance wrote:APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: Pacific Peace Alliance
Form: Military Alliance ruled by a tripartite leadership
Leader: Chairwoman of the Pacific Peace Alliance Kanata Romanova
Leader Factbook: Here.
Tech Level: PMT, Early FT, with elements of MT and PT here and there.
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Medium. Canon references to the afterlife in some lore, but not much.
Population Size: Can't really calculate right now, estimates around a few hundred million.
Military Size: 6,241,982 Personnel
Main Factbook URL: Here.
Military Factbook URL: Here.
# Of Characters: Two.

NAME: Efreytor Dimitri Borisov
ROLE: Conscript of the Russian Federal Army
DESCRIPTION: A Young Russian Conscript with experience from hundreds of battles, he has seen a lot and expects more.
IMAGE (Optional):
FACTBOOK (If Present): Here. (Not much, but it's what I can scrape up)

NAME: Missile Operator Natalia Zelenskaya
ROLE: Missile Operator of the Russian Federal Army
DESCRIPTION: A missile operator with very little patience, an a knack for operating a truckborne nuclear missile.
IMAGE (Optional):
FACTBOOK (If Present):
BIO (If no factbook, 1+ paragraphs): A Russian Topol-M missile operator born in Kaliningrad during 2003, she was raised by a family with heritage going back to the old Imperial Russian Military. She was the youngest of the new generation and was expected to do the best to support her and her family. She was always fascinated with Rockets, and soon, she dreamt of commanding one of Russia's ICBM platforms. She was conscripted to the Russian Army in 2020, at 17 years of age. She would be assigned to a Topol-M missile launcher, just like she expected to be. Now, she's in her own situation.

Accepted. Welcome to the RP
Puppets:

A MT and Fantasy Nation. This Nation Does Not Represent My Views. NS Stats Null-And-Void.

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:49 pm

APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: The Wandering City of Eisenstern
Form: Mercantile city-state constructed and maintained by an adventurers' council inside a mobile, non-Euclidean tower
Leader: The Council of Seven, though the city itself is technically under the governance of a democratically-elected mayor
Tech Level: Schizopunk alltech
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Yes.
Population Size: Approximately 12 million
Military Size: Variable, not directly tied to population
Summary:
Overview

The Wandering City of Eisenstern is a small sovereign state of no fixed location or land area, housed within a spatially-nonstandard, mobile structure bearing the same name, also oft referred to as the Iron Tower or Star Tower. The Tower is mobile, and capable of spatial transit through both standard realspace-conforming and alternate means; it frequently shifts between not just tracts of three-dimensional space but universes altogether in accordance with the whims of its builders - the once more eponymous Guild of Eisenstern. The Guild is credited with constructing and maintaining the City and Tower both, and hold de-facto absolute power within its confines - that being said, their direct interference in matters is exceedingly rare, and the primary influence they routinely exert is over merely the external movements of the Tower. While externally equal in size to a large building, the Tower's interior is far larger, and comfortably holds the City and its environs.

Eisenstern operates primarily as a merchant-state, and its economy functions off the acquisition and sales of practically every form of goods imaginable. Drawing from environments the omniverse over, they can with some degree of accuracy be said to buy and sell anything and everything - exceptions do exist, but are typically present due to internal matters of policy or adequate pricing rather than lack of access. In its mercantile dealings with the outside world, Eisenstern relies on a system it terms the "Null Order" - a poorly-understood scale intended to judge relative value of goods, directly gauging and taking into account the needs and desires of each customer to determine a suitable price. This system is presided over by the Guild, which allows for the operation of independent merchants and smaller organizations within the City's bounds, but regulates transaction-pricing and exacts a toll from any who seek to operate under them. The Guild also operates as a mercenary firm, of sorts, and will happily lend its military branches to the service of external polities or individuals by way of the same customer-relative pricing system.

Military

Eisenstern's military may broadly be subdivided into three categories.

The first is the Black Legion - an organization operated under and by the Guild, but which also serves as the primary warmaking arm of the City at large. The Legion consists entirely of golems - mass-produced, remotely-operated shells, designed per-pattern to fill specific battlefield roles and controlled collectively by a series of central consciousnesses. Their exact design and properties vary by role and function, but they are almost invariably built as hollow shells of alchemical alloy, devoid of any internals save those made necessary by their armament. They require no internal source of power for as long as a connection to their controlling consciousness is maintained, and are generally far hardier and more resilient than organic soldiery, or most conventionally-designed automata. Golems are individually expendable, and may be produced ad nauseam; while technically-speaking the entirety of the Legion consists of only a handful of individuals, each of these exhibits control over a multitude of proxy bodies, which are treated as equipment rather than personnel. As such, the exact number of golems extant at any given point is variable - they are produced, stockpiled and recycled in accordance to current needs and conflicts. Aside from being the primary offensive and defensive military branch of the Guild and City, they are also frequently lent out in bulk as mercenary forces.

The second subdivision are the forces of the Guild itself. These vary wildly in form - unlike the standardized design pool of the Legion, or the ordered formation of most conventional militaries, the Guild's operatives are individuals first and foremost, bearing distinct roles, styles of combat and equipment, to the point where practically no two are alike. Operatives are paid volunteers, and their position is treated as an occupation rather than military service. They serve to fill specialized roles in both a military and mercenary context, most frequently operating in squad-level formations tailored specifically to the strengths and capabilities of each individual operative. These formations are then further organized along a loose, non-hierarchical order, and will typically be deployed to carry out smaller-scale operations or supplement facets of the Legion on a case by case basis. Several nonstandard strata of troop exist outside even this loose collective - most notably, the personal forces of the Council of Seven, which operate irrespectively of the Guild and Eisenstern as a whole, and are exclusively beholden to the will of their respective Councillor.

Finally, the Municipal Peacekeeping Forces are the only branch of Eisenstern's military not under the direct control of the Guild and Council. They are a volunteer corps, maintained by the Municipal Authority and Mayor of Eisenstern, and fill a primarily security-oriented role. In peacetime, they serve as an analogue to police forces for the City, while in wartime they operate as a last line of defense on the homefront, in the event that the Tower comes under direct attack. Their membership is drawn from the City's citizenry on a volunteer basis, though in times of dire need a draft may be called upon to form citizen militias - these will then fall under the same organizational structure as the core MPF itself.

Leadership

The Council of seven presides over the Guild of Eisenstern, and holds de-jure total control over the City and Tower. As its name implies, it consists of seven individuals holding functionally-identical degrees of power in overall decision-making, though each presides directly over a different facet of the Guild's operations. Though nominally existing as a truly neutral party in all worldly affairs, Eisenstern is little more than a vehicle for the Council's individual ambitions and desires. The seven current Councillors are listed as follows.

• Vinzenz Kresge, The Iron Hand
    Guildmaster

Human, male. Grey hair, grey eyes. Imposing stature, right arm permanently clad in a gauntlet of Abyssal Iron.

Founder of the Guild and architect of the Tower, Vinzenz Kresge is the closest thing Eisenstern has to a singular leader. A largely unremarkable man of largely unremarkable background born into a primitive society, he would rise through a combination of good fortune, dedication and ruthless business acumen to found and control the original incarnation of Eisenstern - a prototypical mercenary firm, and the first of its kind on his home world. Having devised the Tower as a status symbol, base of operations for his organization and vault for his ever-growing hoard of arcane trinkets and valuables, he was forced by global, extradimensional cataclysm to employ it as an ark - taking as many refugees as he could into the barely-finished structure, he struck out blindly through the barrier between worlds, on little more than hope and desperate assumption. His successful entry into another, habitable universe formed the basis for the Guild as it stands today, and a shift to the current model of interdimensional mercantilism - in truth, the whole ensemble mostly functions as a way for Kresge to acquire novel items for his hoard, and work gradually towards his nebulous promise of revenge against the primordial force that doomed his original home.

Kresge is approachable, gregarious and easygoing in his dealings with others. These traits have served to cement his heroic persona, but conceal the mind of an utterly ruthless schemer and master manipulator. In the pursuit of his personal agenda, Kresge holds no scruples, and the individuals he truly cares for are few and far between. His secrets are many, and his memory long.
  • Vehn, The Crafted
    Warmaster

Artificial Daemon, referred to as male. No physical form.

An entity purpose-built for and by the Guild, Vehn is a vast, disembodied consciousness with no realspace form. As an artificial approximation of a Daemon, he is a concept-creature designed to operate the many proxy bodies of the Black Legion - functionally, he comprises the bulk of the Legion's forces. Conceived of by Kresge soon after his initial exodus, Vehn was intended to supplement Eisenstern's lacking pool of manpower, and provide a baseline military force without the need to admit large numbers of auxiliary citizens. Despite this, Kresge has made a point of treating him as an equal from the very beginning of his tenure, and granted him a seat on the Council during its initial formation. Since then, Vehn has served not only as the primary coordinator of the Legion, but also the overall warleader of Eisenstern as a whole, to whom the rest of the Council looks for matters of any and all large-scale military coordination.

While Vehn may come across as somewhat flat and emotionless, this is mostly a consequence of his as-yet poor interfacing with realspace thought. His curiosity about the world is vast, and matched only by his undying loyalty to Kresge.
  • Areagne Twisse, Herald of Thunder
    Chief Emissary

Human, female. Black hair, blue eyes. Average height, athletic build.

The de-facto "face" of the Guild for many in the outside world, Twisse heads most operational sectors geared towards external interaction and diplomacy, serving as the ultimate arbiter in the vast majority of such dealings. She is simultaneously head diplomat and head saleswoman, and it is to her that most mercantile responsibilities likewise fall. A member of the Guild since its founding, Twisse is one of Kresge's longest-standing friends and associates, having borne witness to his organization's full cycle of growth from rag-tag adventuring warband to the behemoth it is today. Now she acts as the chief direct executor of the Guild's machinations, and is the most frequently-seen Councilor to directly engage with the world outside the Tower - travel is both her greatest passion and a necessity for her position. Her list of duties and responsibilities is nigh-legendary in length and scope, taking her far further and wider than even the habitually-shifting Tower itself along the everchanging frontiers of commerce and war.

Twisse is an outgoing and energetic individual, quick to adapt to any situation and equally at home in any environment. Though oft quite direct in her actions and speech, she is far from thoughtless; her manner belies immense cunning, and insidious subtlety.
  • Hildebad von Cunigast, the Black Cardinal
    Spymaster

Ostensibly humanoid, male. Black hair. Gaunt build, never seen without full-body clothing, face perpetually covered by a porcelain mask.

Of all the Councilors, von Cunigast is by far the most enigmatic. His species, background and actual, defined role in the organization are entirely unknown to all but the remainder of the Council; the vast majority of the intelligence network he supposedly heads appear to not exist not only in writing, but in actual substance, and he himself has never been recorded to appear anywhere without the company and presence of his six peers. Orders supposedly stemming from him are always issued indirectly, and even his intermediaries are elusive in the extreme. Only his occasional presence during public appearances of the Council at large, and the exceptional degree of insight in the realms of foreign intelligence the Guild routinely displays, serve to actually indicate his existence.

In his few documented public appearances, Hildebad has conducted himself with measured politeness.
  • Dagfinnur Einarsson, Palm of the Mountain
    Grand Archivist

Beastfolk, male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hulking stature, prominent curved horns, patches of fur on extremities.

Though perhaps the most physically intimidating of all the Councillors, Einarsson is a scholar in attitude and position both - as grand archivist, it is his duty to curate and chronicle the Guild's extensive records, along with the vast collection of curios housed within the Tower's Vault. Another holdout from the organization's earliest days, his gentle nature and passion for learning have driven him throughout his lifetime through various spiritual and monastic pursuits, before being drawn to the vast troves of knowledge and historical import amassed by Kresge and his collective. Though rarely seen outside the halls of the Vault, this is by way of necessity rather than attitude - the subject of his work is vast and ever-growing, and only a man with his monumental patience and measured attitude could possibly hope to weather it. His attention to detail is meticulous, and his personal wisdom nigh-unmatched.

Easily the most approachable Councilor, Einarsson exhibits a genuinely kind, caring and near-fatherly persona. While he is certainly devoted to his work, and does not particularly appreciate being disturbed in its midst, he is almost always willing to dedicate a portion of his time to hearing out and aiding with others' issues, regardless of the perceived significance of their position in relation to his own.
  • Sabira Vetui, Lady of Brass
    Grand Engineer

Elf, female. Blond hair, green eyes. Below-average height, petite build.

The mishmash of technologies employed by the Guild and City of Eisenstern is practically unique in its diversity and scope, drawing from fields of science both real and imagined to deliver a chaotic, but somehow still coherent, product. And at the center of it all stands the Sixth Councilor, chief artificer and architect of the Guild since time immemorial. That being said, her encounter with the Tower came some time after its initial foray into the worlds beyond its original own; as a fellow wanderer and world-hopper, her path simply happened to intersect with its. The Guild offered her functionally-unlimited funding in her pursuits, access to its unique scope of resources, and the freedom to apply her creations however she personally wished - conditions that more than satisfied her ceaseless hunger for unspecified innovation and overriding desire to be left alone to her tinkering. A recluse by nature, Vetui has nevertheless devised some of the Guild's most famed and widely-applied devices and technologies; it was her mind that first spawned the now-ubiquitous weaponization of Felfire, and expanded the Rift Rail from merely a transit mechanism for the Tower at large to the multifaceted transport network it now embodies. Largely idle in the greater decision-making of the Council at large, she is content with any change in environs and outlook so long as it allows her to continue doing what she does best.

At first glance eccentric and unstable, Sabira's brilliance is masked in everyday interactions by the rather variable, passing interest she actually has in the physical world around her, as and when it does not directly pertain to her work. Her attention is prone to shifting unpredictably, and her outward mood is never truly stable; hopping between states of lethargy and hyperactivity seemingly at random, the only true unifier in her outlook is a constant laser-focus on what she very broadly terms as "artificing" - her interest lies not in any single field, but rather in anything and everything that may be described as sentient innovation, be it technological or arcane. Her motivations are far, far more complex than merely this, but there is little evidence of that fact beyond occasional periods of apparent, deeply frightening lucidity.
  • Celena Notario, Null Witch & Ezzamuth, Ur-Spark
    Chief Recruitment Officer(s)

Human, female. Black hair, pale eyes and complexion. Average height.
    Daemon, referred to as male. Variable physical form.

While technically existing as two distinct individuals, Notario and Ezzamuth are joint occupants of the seventh seat of the Council, and functionally inseparable from one another. They preside jointly over the recruitment of new talent into the Guild, in both combative and administrative roles, and it is through them that almost all newcomers are in some capacity routed. They occupy the only seat on the Council that has ever actually changed hands, and are the only Councilor(s) not to have been present at the Council's initial formation. While outwardly resembling an almost textbook pairing between a spellcaster and an extradimensional familiar, their relationship is in fact far more complex; for one thing, Ezzamuth is an Archdaemon, a concept-being of such complexity and power that no mortal spellcaster could ever hope to bind him to realspace. His presence is entirely voluntary, and his attitude towards Notario is one of cooperation, not servitude. Indeed, the two see each other as partners, and thus their Council duty falls equally upon both. Similarly to Vetui, their encounter with the Tower came as a result of their own interdimensional wanderings, and a chance encounter with the Council during the only ever recorded case of an empty seat. The resultant filling of the power vacuum by two individuals was equally unprecedented, but was eventually allowed under the general understanding that the two of them would act unanimously in decision-making. Since then, they've played their part with gusto - despite Notario's generally unprofessional conduct, her eye for talent is undeniable, and handily supplemented by Ezzamuth's esoteric insights.

Notario is brash, playful and capricious in her conduct, oft delineated as crass or even directly insulting to those she interacts with. Ezzamuth is, by contrast, calm and reserved, speaking only when necessary, and often content to simply observe proceedings. Despite this, the two of them are fiercely loyal to and protective of one another, and any decision likely to affect both will have invariably been made by both, in complete agreement.

# Of Characters: 8(?)

Character apps will be added once I actually decide who else to include, but as of right now the above summaries of the Councilors are formatted roughly in-line with the character app form.

‖♜‖ 'Twixt the darkness, and the light ‖♜‖
‖♜‖ Seekers roam the seas of night ‖♜‖

A mercantile city state, housed in a dimension-hopping tower that's bigger on the inside.
Ruled by a meritocratic adventurers' council (in theory) and a democratically-elected municipal body (in practice).
Punches far above its apparent weight via an unending golem army and a schizotech clique of superhuman mercenaries.
NS stats are for those with no imagination.
[EXTREMELY WIP]

The not-so-short rundown [outdated] || The leaders [unfinished] || The military [outdated and unfinished] || Some choice information [soup]

Mirum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Eisenstern wrote:APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: The Wandering City of Eisenstern
Form: Mercantile city-state constructed and maintained by an adventurers' council inside a mobile, non-Euclidean tower
Leader: The Council of Seven, though the city itself is technically under the governance of a democratically-elected mayor
Tech Level: Schizopunk alltech
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Yes.
Population Size: Approximately 12 million
Military Size: Variable, not directly tied to population
Summary:
Overview

The Wandering City of Eisenstern is a small sovereign state of no fixed location or land area, housed within a spatially-nonstandard, mobile structure bearing the same name, also oft referred to as the Iron Tower or Star Tower. The Tower is mobile, and capable of spatial transit through both standard realspace-conforming and alternate means; it frequently shifts between not just tracts of three-dimensional space but universes altogether in accordance with the whims of its builders - the once more eponymous Guild of Eisenstern. The Guild is credited with constructing and maintaining the City and Tower both, and hold de-facto absolute power within its confines - that being said, their direct interference in matters is exceedingly rare, and the primary influence they routinely exert is over merely the external movements of the Tower. While externally equal in size to a large building, the Tower's interior is far larger, and comfortably holds the City and its environs.

Eisenstern operates primarily as a merchant-state, and its economy functions off the acquisition and sales of practically every form of goods imaginable. Drawing from environments the omniverse over, they can with some degree of accuracy be said to buy and sell anything and everything - exceptions do exist, but are typically present due to internal matters of policy or adequate pricing rather than lack of access. In its mercantile dealings with the outside world, Eisenstern relies on a system it terms the "Null Order" - a poorly-understood scale intended to judge relative value of goods, directly gauging and taking into account the needs and desires of each customer to determine a suitable price. This system is presided over by the Guild, which allows for the operation of independent merchants and smaller organizations within the City's bounds, but regulates transaction-pricing and exacts a toll from any who seek to operate under them. The Guild also operates as a mercenary firm, of sorts, and will happily lend its military branches to the service of external polities or individuals by way of the same customer-relative pricing system.

Military

Eisenstern's military may broadly be subdivided into three categories.

The first is the Black Legion - an organization operated under and by the Guild, but which also serves as the primary warmaking arm of the City at large. The Legion consists entirely of golems - mass-produced, remotely-operated shells, designed per-pattern to fill specific battlefield roles and controlled collectively by a series of central consciousnesses. Their exact design and properties vary by role and function, but they are almost invariably built as hollow shells of alchemical alloy, devoid of any internals save those made necessary by their armament. They require no internal source of power for as long as a connection to their controlling consciousness is maintained, and are generally far hardier and more resilient than organic soldiery, or most conventionally-designed automata. Golems are individually expendable, and may be produced ad nauseam; while technically-speaking the entirety of the Legion consists of only a handful of individuals, each of these exhibits control over a multitude of proxy bodies, which are treated as equipment rather than personnel. As such, the exact number of golems extant at any given point is variable - they are produced, stockpiled and recycled in accordance to current needs and conflicts. Aside from being the primary offensive and defensive military branch of the Guild and City, they are also frequently lent out in bulk as mercenary forces.

The second subdivision are the forces of the Guild itself. These vary wildly in form - unlike the standardized design pool of the Legion, or the ordered formation of most conventional militaries, the Guild's operatives are individuals first and foremost, bearing distinct roles, styles of combat and equipment, to the point where practically no two are alike. Operatives are paid volunteers, and their position is treated as an occupation rather than military service. They serve to fill specialized roles in both a military and mercenary context, most frequently operating in squad-level formations tailored specifically to the strengths and capabilities of each individual operative. These formations are then further organized along a loose, non-hierarchical order, and will typically be deployed to carry out smaller-scale operations or supplement facets of the Legion on a case by case basis. Several nonstandard strata of troop exist outside even this loose collective - most notably, the personal forces of the Council of Seven, which operate irrespectively of the Guild and Eisenstern as a whole, and are exclusively beholden to the will of their respective Councillor.

Finally, the Municipal Peacekeeping Forces are the only branch of Eisenstern's military not under the direct control of the Guild and Council. They are a volunteer corps, maintained by the Municipal Authority and Mayor of Eisenstern, and fill a primarily security-oriented role. In peacetime, they serve as an analogue to police forces for the City, while in wartime they operate as a last line of defense on the homefront, in the event that the Tower comes under direct attack. Their membership is drawn from the City's citizenry on a volunteer basis, though in times of dire need a draft may be called upon to form citizen militias - these will then fall under the same organizational structure as the core MPF itself.

Leadership

The Council of seven presides over the Guild of Eisenstern, and holds de-jure total control over the City and Tower. As its name implies, it consists of seven individuals holding functionally-identical degrees of power in overall decision-making, though each presides directly over a different facet of the Guild's operations. Though nominally existing as a truly neutral party in all worldly affairs, Eisenstern is little more than a vehicle for the Council's individual ambitions and desires. The seven current Councillors are listed as follows.

• Vinzenz Kresge, The Iron Hand
    Guildmaster

Human, male. Grey hair, grey eyes. Imposing stature, right arm permanently clad in a gauntlet of Abyssal Iron.

Founder of the Guild and architect of the Tower, Vinzenz Kresge is the closest thing Eisenstern has to a singular leader. A largely unremarkable man of largely unremarkable background born into a primitive society, he would rise through a combination of good fortune, dedication and ruthless business acumen to found and control the original incarnation of Eisenstern - a prototypical mercenary firm, and the first of its kind on his home world. Having devised the Tower as a status symbol, base of operations for his organization and vault for his ever-growing hoard of arcane trinkets and valuables, he was forced by global, extradimensional cataclysm to employ it as an ark - taking as many refugees as he could into the barely-finished structure, he struck out blindly through the barrier between worlds, on little more than hope and desperate assumption. His successful entry into another, habitable universe formed the basis for the Guild as it stands today, and a shift to the current model of interdimensional mercantilism - in truth, the whole ensemble mostly functions as a way for Kresge to acquire novel items for his hoard, and work gradually towards his nebulous promise of revenge against the primordial force that doomed his original home.

Kresge is approachable, gregarious and easygoing in his dealings with others. These traits have served to cement his heroic persona, but conceal the mind of an utterly ruthless schemer and master manipulator. In the pursuit of his personal agenda, Kresge holds no scruples, and the individuals he truly cares for are few and far between. His secrets are many, and his memory long.
  • Vehn, The Crafted
    Warmaster

Artificial Daemon, referred to as male. No physical form.

An entity purpose-built for and by the Guild, Vehn is a vast, disembodied consciousness with no realspace form. As an artificial approximation of a Daemon, he is a concept-creature designed to operate the many proxy bodies of the Black Legion - functionally, he comprises the bulk of the Legion's forces. Conceived of by Kresge soon after his initial exodus, Vehn was intended to supplement Eisenstern's lacking pool of manpower, and provide a baseline military force without the need to admit large numbers of auxiliary citizens. Despite this, Kresge has made a point of treating him as an equal from the very beginning of his tenure, and granted him a seat on the Council during its initial formation. Since then, Vehn has served not only as the primary coordinator of the Legion, but also the overall warleader of Eisenstern as a whole, to whom the rest of the Council looks for matters of any and all large-scale military coordination.

While Vehn may come across as somewhat flat and emotionless, this is mostly a consequence of his as-yet poor interfacing with realspace thought. His curiosity about the world is vast, and matched only by his undying loyalty to Kresge.
  • Areagne Twisse, Herald of Thunder
    Chief Emissary

Human, female. Black hair, blue eyes. Average height, athletic build.

The de-facto "face" of the Guild for many in the outside world, Twisse heads most operational sectors geared towards external interaction and diplomacy, serving as the ultimate arbiter in the vast majority of such dealings. She is simultaneously head diplomat and head saleswoman, and it is to her that most mercantile responsibilities likewise fall. A member of the Guild since its founding, Twisse is one of Kresge's longest-standing friends and associates, having borne witness to his organization's full cycle of growth from rag-tag adventuring warband to the behemoth it is today. Now she acts as the chief direct executor of the Guild's machinations, and is the most frequently-seen Councilor to directly engage with the world outside the Tower - travel is both her greatest passion and a necessity for her position. Her list of duties and responsibilities is nigh-legendary in length and scope, taking her far further and wider than even the habitually-shifting Tower itself along the everchanging frontiers of commerce and war.

Twisse is an outgoing and energetic individual, quick to adapt to any situation and equally at home in any environment. Though oft quite direct in her actions and speech, she is far from thoughtless; her manner belies immense cunning, and insidious subtlety.
  • Hildebad von Cunigast, the Black Cardinal
    Spymaster

Ostensibly humanoid, male. Black hair. Gaunt build, never seen without full-body clothing, face perpetually covered by a porcelain mask.

Of all the Councilors, von Cunigast is by far the most enigmatic. His species, background and actual, defined role in the organization are entirely unknown to all but the remainder of the Council; the vast majority of the intelligence network he supposedly heads appear to not exist not only in writing, but in actual substance, and he himself has never been recorded to appear anywhere without the company and presence of his six peers. Orders supposedly stemming from him are always issued indirectly, and even his intermediaries are elusive in the extreme. Only his occasional presence during public appearances of the Council at large, and the exceptional degree of insight in the realms of foreign intelligence the Guild routinely displays, serve to actually indicate his existence.

In his few documented public appearances, Hildebad has conducted himself with measured politeness.
  • Dagfinnur Einarsson, Palm of the Mountain
    Grand Archivist

Beastfolk, male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Hulking stature, prominent curved horns, patches of fur on extremities.

Though perhaps the most physically intimidating of all the Councillors, Einarsson is a scholar in attitude and position both - as grand archivist, it is his duty to curate and chronicle the Guild's extensive records, along with the vast collection of curios housed within the Tower's Vault. Another holdout from the organization's earliest days, his gentle nature and passion for learning have driven him throughout his lifetime through various spiritual and monastic pursuits, before being drawn to the vast troves of knowledge and historical import amassed by Kresge and his collective. Though rarely seen outside the halls of the Vault, this is by way of necessity rather than attitude - the subject of his work is vast and ever-growing, and only a man with his monumental patience and measured attitude could possibly hope to weather it. His attention to detail is meticulous, and his personal wisdom nigh-unmatched.

Easily the most approachable Councilor, Einarsson exhibits a genuinely kind, caring and near-fatherly persona. While he is certainly devoted to his work, and does not particularly appreciate being disturbed in its midst, he is almost always willing to dedicate a portion of his time to hearing out and aiding with others' issues, regardless of the perceived significance of their position in relation to his own.
  • Sabira Vetui, Lady of Brass
    Grand Engineer

Elf, female. Blond hair, green eyes. Below-average height, petite build.

The mishmash of technologies employed by the Guild and City of Eisenstern is practically unique in its diversity and scope, drawing from fields of science both real and imagined to deliver a chaotic, but somehow still coherent, product. And at the center of it all stands the Sixth Councilor, chief artificer and architect of the Guild since time immemorial. That being said, her encounter with the Tower came some time after its initial foray into the worlds beyond its original own; as a fellow wanderer and world-hopper, her path simply happened to intersect with its. The Guild offered her functionally-unlimited funding in her pursuits, access to its unique scope of resources, and the freedom to apply her creations however she personally wished - conditions that more than satisfied her ceaseless hunger for unspecified innovation and overriding desire to be left alone to her tinkering. A recluse by nature, Vetui has nevertheless devised some of the Guild's most famed and widely-applied devices and technologies; it was her mind that first spawned the now-ubiquitous weaponization of Felfire, and expanded the Rift Rail from merely a transit mechanism for the Tower at large to the multifaceted transport network it now embodies. Largely idle in the greater decision-making of the Council at large, she is content with any change in environs and outlook so long as it allows her to continue doing what she does best.

At first glance eccentric and unstable, Sabira's brilliance is masked in everyday interactions by the rather variable, passing interest she actually has in the physical world around her, as and when it does not directly pertain to her work. Her attention is prone to shifting unpredictably, and her outward mood is never truly stable; hopping between states of lethargy and hyperactivity seemingly at random, the only true unifier in her outlook is a constant laser-focus on what she very broadly terms as "artificing" - her interest lies not in any single field, but rather in anything and everything that may be described as sentient innovation, be it technological or arcane. Her motivations are far, far more complex than merely this, but there is little evidence of that fact beyond occasional periods of apparent, deeply frightening lucidity.
  • Celena Notario, Null Witch & Ezzamuth, Ur-Spark
    Chief Recruitment Officer(s)

Human, female. Black hair, pale eyes and complexion. Average height.
    Daemon, referred to as male. Variable physical form.

While technically existing as two distinct individuals, Notario and Ezzamuth are joint occupants of the seventh seat of the Council, and functionally inseparable from one another. They preside jointly over the recruitment of new talent into the Guild, in both combative and administrative roles, and it is through them that almost all newcomers are in some capacity routed. They occupy the only seat on the Council that has ever actually changed hands, and are the only Councilor(s) not to have been present at the Council's initial formation. While outwardly resembling an almost textbook pairing between a spellcaster and an extradimensional familiar, their relationship is in fact far more complex; for one thing, Ezzamuth is an Archdaemon, a concept-being of such complexity and power that no mortal spellcaster could ever hope to bind him to realspace. His presence is entirely voluntary, and his attitude towards Notario is one of cooperation, not servitude. Indeed, the two see each other as partners, and thus their Council duty falls equally upon both. Similarly to Vetui, their encounter with the Tower came as a result of their own interdimensional wanderings, and a chance encounter with the Council during the only ever recorded case of an empty seat. The resultant filling of the power vacuum by two individuals was equally unprecedented, but was eventually allowed under the general understanding that the two of them would act unanimously in decision-making. Since then, they've played their part with gusto - despite Notario's generally unprofessional conduct, her eye for talent is undeniable, and handily supplemented by Ezzamuth's esoteric insights.

Notario is brash, playful and capricious in her conduct, oft delineated as crass or even directly insulting to those she interacts with. Ezzamuth is, by contrast, calm and reserved, speaking only when necessary, and often content to simply observe proceedings. Despite this, the two of them are fiercely loyal to and protective of one another, and any decision likely to affect both will have invariably been made by both, in complete agreement.

# Of Characters: 8(?)

Character apps will be added once I actually decide who else to include, but as of right now the above summaries of the Councilors are formatted roughly in-line with the character app form.

Accepted.
Puppets:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:03 am

Okay, sorry I wasn't on earlier, had some IRL stuff come up suddenly this last week. I see there's a new post from Drecha up. And with that new post, I have a question barrage for Drecha:

Question- so you're just going to take a non-immediate answer as a "go ahead"? Nevermind that for Valentine Z, we received their message pre-time skip and didn't give an IC reply until post-skip. This means that ICly, it was a month between when we received our first message and when we sent out a reply. (I suppose Drecha wouldn't know that exactly, but they could probably infer based on when Drecha first showed up vs. when we sent our reply out publicly.) This could imply we're slow to act, or at least take a lot of time to think things over. You could potentially infer a lot from it, actually.

And a second question - In our last post, we sent some imps into space to spy on your ship. The imps weren't manifesting at the time (thus, at the time, they have no physical, tangible bodies, aren't giving off visible light, but really can't interact with the world all that much, mostly just observe.) While not visible, it doesn't mean they can't be detected. MT equipment exists that can find them. If you can detect electromagnetic frequencies, you can, if not know what you're dealing with, at least sense that's there's something anomalous going on. If your ship can detect quantum particles, they'd also be able to detect the spirits that way, as they're giving off rapidly decaying quantum particles as waste. Neither of these would be able to pinpoint the imps exact locations. I don't know your ship's capabilities, I don't know if it can accurately detect the imps or not, or if it can see them or not. Frankly, I was a bit surprised you didn't bombard me with questions about them.

Furthermore about that - What would our imps have seen once they were up there? I don't know what the Drechian ship looks like, how big it is, or what it's doing, but my imps should, as they're currently looking at it.

Fourth - a large, flat area? No more detail than that? Hmm... alright, here's a topographic map of California, pick a spot. We control, roughly speaking, everything from 40° North and up, right up to the border with Oregon. Everything else is territory controlled by other gangs, or, in most of Nevada, just big empty space with nobody in it and nothing worth taking. (Kinda like IRL; outside the cities, Nevada's pretty empty.) Guess you could land in Nevada, since there's basically nothing there? But Nevada isn't really "flat". You could try for the Great Valley in California... but if you check our map, it's a radioactive cesspool. You could try for somewhere in neighboring Oregon, I guess? Oregon has a few more flat areas. But if you check our map again, a large chunk of Oregon is controlled by the UMS gang - the United Mage Society. So, got any particular spots you want to land?

Fifth - Bear in mind also that our planet is covered in radioactive fallout, it's cold as fuck, pretty barren, it's dark out during noon (and pitch black at night); all things that you'd probably be able to pick up on sensors, find out from drones, or for some, see from orbit. Which are also what we warned in our reply. Our outgoing message also warned of an airborne virus that mutates things. Speaking of which, you mention your ground crew contains a "changeling". Is this changeling biological? If so, is it wearing a mask that can filter out viruses from the air? And if not, how closely is the changeling related to Earth lifeforms, genetically speaking? (For more information on viruses in our air, and how they came to get there, there's a factbook about it available here.) They started with 24 strains; 12 years of natural mutation over time + mutation from radiation exposure means there's now countless extant strains. It's proven to be extremely zoonotic already, infecting species well, well outside what it was originally intended to infect. (To give an idea, it was intended to infect humans, and it has successfully infected arthropods, though admittedly such infections were not without the strains which went on to infect arthropods having previously undergoing heavy damage to their genetic code thanks to radiation exposure, and also admittedly the mutations that arthropods experience from their strains are quite different from the mutations that the original 24 strains inflicted upon humans.)

So... anyways... yeah. Hope you have some answers for me, and I really hope you have some questions for me as well, so that I'll know what to clarify.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Drecha
Secretary

Founded: Jul 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Drecha » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Californian Fallen Angels wrote:Okay, sorry I wasn't on earlier, had some IRL stuff come up suddenly this last week. I see there's a new post from Drecha up. And with that new post, I have a question barrage for Drecha:

Question- so you're just going to take a non-immediate answer as a "go ahead"? Nevermind that for Valentine Z, we received their message pre-time skip and didn't give an IC reply until post-skip. This means that ICly, it was a month between when we received our first message and when we sent out a reply. (I suppose Drecha wouldn't know that exactly, but they could probably infer based on when Drecha first showed up vs. when we sent our reply out publicly.) This could imply we're slow to act, or at least take a lot of time to think things over. You could potentially infer a lot from it, actually.

And a second question - In our last post, we sent some imps into space to spy on your ship. The imps weren't manifesting at the time (thus, at the time, they have no physical, tangible bodies, aren't giving off visible light, but really can't interact with the world all that much, mostly just observe.) While not visible, it doesn't mean they can't be detected. MT equipment exists that can find them. If you can detect electromagnetic frequencies, you can, if not know what you're dealing with, at least sense that's there's something anomalous going on. If your ship can detect quantum particles, they'd also be able to detect the spirits that way, as they're giving off rapidly decaying quantum particles as waste. Neither of these would be able to pinpoint the imps exact locations. I don't know your ship's capabilities, I don't know if it can accurately detect the imps or not, or if it can see them or not. Frankly, I was a bit surprised you didn't bombard me with questions about them.

Furthermore about that - What would our imps have seen once they were up there? I don't know what the Drechian ship looks like, how big it is, or what it's doing, but my imps should, as they're currently looking at it.

Fourth - a large, flat area? No more detail than that? Hmm... alright, here's a topographic map of California, pick a spot. We control, roughly speaking, everything from 40° North and up, right up to the border with Oregon. Everything else is territory controlled by other gangs, or, in most of Nevada, just big empty space with nobody in it and nothing worth taking. (Kinda like IRL; outside the cities, Nevada's pretty empty.) Guess you could land in Nevada, since there's basically nothing there? But Nevada isn't really "flat". You could try for the Great Valley in California... but if you check our map, it's a radioactive cesspool. You could try for somewhere in neighboring Oregon, I guess? Oregon has a few more flat areas. But if you check our map again, a large chunk of Oregon is controlled by the UMS gang - the United Mage Society. So, got any particular spots you want to land?

Fifth - Bear in mind also that our planet is covered in radioactive fallout, it's cold as fuck, pretty barren, it's dark out during noon (and pitch black at night); all things that you'd probably be able to pick up on sensors, find out from drones, or for some, see from orbit. Which are also what we warned in our reply. Our outgoing message also warned of an airborne virus that mutates things. Speaking of which, you mention your ground crew contains a "changeling". Is this changeling biological? If so, is it wearing a mask that can filter out viruses from the air? And if not, how closely is the changeling related to Earth lifeforms, genetically speaking? (For more information on viruses in our air, and how they came to get there, there's a factbook about it available here.) They started with 24 strains; 12 years of natural mutation over time + mutation from radiation exposure means there's now countless extant strains. It's proven to be extremely zoonotic already, infecting species well, well outside what it was originally intended to infect. (To give an idea, it was intended to infect humans, and it has successfully infected arthropods, though admittedly such infections were not without the strains which went on to infect arthropods having previously undergoing heavy damage to their genetic code thanks to radiation exposure, and also admittedly the mutations that arthropods experience from their strains are quite different from the mutations that the original 24 strains inflicted upon humans.)

So... anyways... yeah. Hope you have some answers for me, and I really hope you have some questions for me as well, so that I'll know what to clarify.

1. Yes, yes we are taking this as a go ahead.
2. It will detect the imps, but will register them as 'unknown anomolies' and they will be ignored/avoided, minus a fighter to possibly go check things out.
3. The ship looks exactly like it does in the factbook. It's 15.5 miles long by 10.25 miles wide.
4. All it needs to be is big enough to fit the Starcruiser. Shouldn't be too hard. I found a place that should be fine (albiet using Google Earth).
5. No one is going outside minus the walkers, which can go uncrewed. Thanks for reiterating this info, though.
An Interdimensional Space Empire created just for the "An Interdimentional Incident" RP by the user behind Mirum/Mountainus
A Puppet Nation of Mirum

This nation does not represent my views. Not ONE BIT.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Sorry Drecha. I wanted to make absolutely sure we were all on the same page. Sometimes, in my experience, ambiguity can lead to serious miscommunication. I've essentially made "communication is key" my mantra with how many times I've had to say it in my life.

1. Alrighty then.

2. Sounds good I guess? If you do send a fighter, how would they react? The imps, as long as they don't manifest and stay still, wouldn't really be tangible things. Now, while imps are kind of mischievous and the like (there would be a desire to fuck around with the fighter a bit), for the most part they know when they've got to be serious and would probably remain perfectly still until the fighter has left. Probably. (I hope.)

3. I'll admit I hadn't seen that factbook, so thank you for sharing it. :3 I don't suppose the ship is doing anything?

4. Alright. Looks good. Yes, Google Earth certainly works, it's what I used for the map in my factbook. It's not a perfect one-to-one with our setting (our Apocalypse happened in early 2060, so there has been further development of towns and cities, further development of military bases, etc.) but the topography should be largely unchanged at that moment. Now, because of what the Apocalypse itself was, that would change the topography... mostly by turning major cities into smoldering, radioactive craters.

Cedarville, not being a particularly large town, should still work. It'll be a bunch of abandoned buildings at this point, a few of them would be shot up, but for the most part it should be abandoned. Don't expect this to be like Fallout though, where you can still find loot in any of these buildings. Most shit would be long, long gone by this point. To reuse a quote I told other people playing around in this 'verse: "After the Apocalypse, just about everything was looted. Basically, it is Black Friday everywhere, 24/7, and everything is 100% off." This justified all kinds of things being outright gone, including wheels off of parked cars. The only places that'd still have stuff from before would be places that were just plain too dangerous to loot, such as military bases (on account of the military robots in them - like my post showed).

5. Alrighty. I wanted to make sure. You did mention a "changeling", so I wasn't sure.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:04 am

Alright, I'll see about working on my post over this weekend, see what I can get done.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:09 am

Got a decent start on the post.

I'll keep the rest of you updated. I will probably need to put in some more character apps for this before I get my post up; my last post did allude to this, what with our leader being less of a dictator and more of a corporate head having to keep shareholders happy. As they haven't been able to appease those "shareholders" yes (and in fairness, a freaking alien invasion is a pretty big deal that you want to make sure is handled properly) - the most likely result is our leader will be stepping down and an acting leader will be appointed to handle "whatever the Drechians and Valentinians are doing". The acting leader appointed by the Tophel Clan (our "shareholders") will be one of their own.

Anyhow, yeah, my post is started and I've got a good start for it. Will try to get some more done the rest of this weekend, and see what I've got at the end of that. Hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend!
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Mirum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:32 am

Californian Fallen Angels wrote:-SNIP-

Alright! Thanks for the update. I'm about halfway finished with my post as Mirum here, and as for my next post from Drecha, I've started that at least. Should have the first up no later then wednesday (hopefully, no promises), and the second a week or so after that (again, no promises).
Puppets:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:28 am

And for today's update -

I made some more progress, but not before having a stint of writer's block.

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to get it done this weekend (not that I expected to, I just wanted to get as much done this weekend as I could.) I won't really have much opportunity to work on it Monday. I will try to get this done on Tuesday (I'll have some more time to work on it then), but I make no promises.

If I do not get it done by Tuesday, I won't have much time on Wednesday or Thursday to work on it - hence why I wanted to get as much done this weekend as I could, as my weekdays are fairly busy, with not a lot of time leftover to devote towards seriously working on a post.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 am

Update for today - I got a decent amount done today, but I'm still catching up from the writer's block yesterday, so I'm maybe... a third done.

Two more character apps for you, Mirum.

One's a character that's already been in for a while - was originally meant to be a minor character kind of in the background in a few posts, but with how things have been panning out (with how the last post went, and how this next one is going), it's clear they're going to be playing a bigger role in this than I originally anticipated. Some things work out like that. The other character is one that will be introduced in my next post, and taking over as acting leader to deal with this incident. (And as for why I'm going with lots and lots of characters? I'm a lot more used to character-driven RP style, if that hasn't been made obvious yet. If I'm dealing with the politics, I want to show what's going on behind the scenes, who the people are doing it all, and what they're doing. If I'm dealing with soldiers, I want a boots-on-the-ground view, to really show things from the eyes of the soldiers. I find it a lot easier writing scenes, rather than in abstract, and I feel it gives my writing a more distinct touch.)

Neither of these have factbooks unfortunately. There's two reasons for this - they're not really members of Fallen Angels but part of the group puppeting the Fallen Angels (sure, same for Honest John Doe and 106, but Honest John Doe is at least an official liaison, and 106 works for Honest John Doe, not for his bosses), with only one of the two actually having any direct interaction with the Fallen Angels up to this point, and two, they're immortal, alien spirits, and part of my setting's horror - the more than something is known, the less mystique and fear it elicits. (In other words, their backstories, machinations, etc. are all intentionally vague. It's supposed to be weird, surreal, uncanny, and uncomfortable. For the most part, their basic capabilities can be grasped through my factbooks however, as well as how they overall function.) Because of that, it didn't feel right making factbooks for them; even if I did, it'd be really, really short, not even worth putting in a compilation factbook.

NAME: Sathuzixaniel
ROLE: Attorney of Honest John Doe, and Tophel Clan Representative
DESCRIPTION: A succubus demon serving as legal counsel for Honest John Doe, and overseeing his actions to ensure they fall in line with Tophel interests. She serves as a "go-between" for Honest John Doe and the Tophel Clan as well. She is currently inhabiting a body made of several corpses fused together. (This occurred in our first post.)
IMAGE (Optional): Don't have a picture of her yet, unfortunately.
FACTBOOK (If Present):
Sathuzixaniel is a servant of Naamah, the queen of succubi and member of the Tophel Clan High Council. Sathuzixaniel studied law in the Lower Planes, at Asphodel Academy of Higher Learning. She was summoned by Honest John Doe, and has worked alongside him as his lawyer. Cunning, manipulative, and ambitious, she sees Honest John Doe as her ticket to a higher position in the Tophel Clan's cutthroat courts.

NAME: Nightvixen
ROLE: Acting Leader of the Fallen Angels (as of next post), Demon Lord, Ecclesiastic, and Member of the Tophel Clan High Council
DESCRIPTION: An eldritch, demonic fox thing, for lack of a better explanation that can be summed up in but a few sentences. A genius and cruel sadist with an extreme degree of experience, strong magics, and a glutton for souls.
IMAGE (Optional): Don't have a picture of them yet, unfortunately. Considering making one later.
FACTBOOK (If Present):
Nightvixen is among the youngest demons to join the Tophel Clan High Council, but this still places their age in the hundreds of millions of years. A domineering and coldly calculating strategic and tactical mind, Nightvixen has proven time and time again to be a valuable asset to the Tophel Clan in their civil war, making use of assassination, small unit tactics, and guerilla warfare against their foes, targeting key assets that have been vital to weakening the separatist forces. To commemorate Nightvixen's accomplishments, Nightvixen was given a position on the Tophel Clan High Council, which brings with it political power, a fancy title and estate, and a standing army swearing fealty directly to them. Nightvixen rules from the Temple of Murderers on Mt. Erebus, in the Lower Planes, where they are attended by mortal slaves, and receive regular human sacrifices.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:29 am

Today's update - good news and bad news.

The good news is I got a lot done, have a very clear, thought out idea for how my post is going and even a basic idea for how my next one should go when I get to that. I have some good dialogue, advancement of the Fallen Angels plan for dealing with Drecha and Valentine Z, and overall everything is coming together really well. It's looking like this will be a very large post, with lots of great stuff going on. I hope everyone enjoys it when it's done.

The bad news is that this definitely isn't getting done today. I am around 3/4 of the way done (I think.) But there's still a good chunk left to do, and it is already getting a bit late over here. I will try to work on the post a bit tomorrow and on Thursday (though I won't be able to work on it for too long on those days), and I'll get a lot more done this weekend. It should hopefully be done sometime this weekend.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Post is almost done; should be up before I go to bed. It's a veritable megapost at this point; at the moment, not counting my footer (character key, acquired assets, casualties, etc.) it's almost 22k characters, or over 3,100 words.

As that implies, a lot is going on. While a lot of it is just progressing events on my own side (showing what exactly is going on), there is progress to be had both for Drecha and Valentine Z that will be in this post, with some manipulations at play for both of those parties. (There's a lot of twists and nightmare fuel both to be had in this post.)

------

However, I'll ask Mirum again to look over the character apps I posted above, on the 6th of December, and get some sort of approval (the first one may have already appeared several times in my posts; that's why I'm putting the app up now, because Mirum, you've already established in previous postings here in the OOC that you want characters who appear regularly to have apps posted in here), but the second is a character who has not yet appeared, but will start making regular appearances starting in this next post. So I need the "okay" to be signed off before I can actually make the post, to make sure everything's above the table, so to speak.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Mirum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:37 pm

Californian Fallen Angels wrote:However, I'll ask Mirum again to look over the character apps I posted above, on the 6th of December, and get some sort of approval (the first one may have already appeared several times in my posts; that's why I'm putting the app up now, because Mirum, you've already established in previous postings here in the OOC that you want characters who appear regularly to have apps posted in here), but the second is a character who has not yet appeared, but will start making regular appearances starting in this next post. So I need the "okay" to be signed off before I can actually make the post, to make sure everything's above the table, so to speak.

They're cleared.
Puppets:

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Californian Fallen Angels » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:09 am

Awesome!

The post is up. It's a megapost with over 25,000 char/over 3,600 words. This is probably the longest post I've made; not 100% certain, but at the bare minimum it is certainly up there. I've got stuff for both Drecha and Valentine Z to respond to, like I promised. I'm not going to spoil anything, but... if this works, it should lead to some very... interesting interactions. :lol:

I hope everyone enjoys it. This post took a while to make.
Enjoy the wiki walk.
Tier 9, Level 6, Type 3.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:02 am

APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: Lombardic League - Special Task Group "Tachyon"
Form: Oligarchy
Leader: Nauarchus Princeps(Navarch-Princeps) Marcus Perperna, Nauarchus(Navarch) Marcus A. S. Primus
Leader Factbook: none
Tech Level: FT
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Unlike Battlegroup Anna, none.
Population Size: 10,000 crew, 10,000 Marines.
Military Size: 20,000.
Main Factbook URL: none
Military Factbook URL: none but i can provide an orbat soonish
# Of Characters: none as of yet

character apps soon

Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Mirum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mirum » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:23 am

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:APPLICATION FOR RP
Nation Name: Lombardic League - Special Task Group "Tachyon"
Form: Oligarchy
Leader: Nauarchus Princeps(Navarch-Princeps) Marcus Perperna, Nauarchus(Navarch) Marcus A. S. Primus
Leader Factbook: none
Tech Level: FT
Fantasy Level (None, Low, High, etc.): Unlike Battlegroup Anna, none.
Population Size: 10,000 crew, 10,000 Marines.
Military Size: 20,000.
Main Factbook URL: none
Military Factbook URL: none but i can provide an orbat soonish
# Of Characters: none as of yet

character apps soon

Accepted. You don’t need to app for every faction, just every NS account.
Puppets:

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Founded: May 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 am

Mirum wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Ahh, so I saw that we are only controlling one universe, not our own multiverse. Not that I'm expecting bigger power, I just thought we would have a small cluster of universes on our own.

As per lore, Valentine Z needing to share the Earth is going to be conflicting, unless we just happened to be interdimensional negotiators and defenders that came from another universe that is unaffected by this incident. Like a multiverse (us) bigger multiverse (them).

No, each universe would be its own. Sorry for any confusion. It is, in a sense, a NS multiverse, where there are different realities.
However, there are portals on each world leading to a nexus world that have yet to be discovered.
If that makes sense. I was just thinking of having a main NS Earth based off our own, and that being on the map.

What is this nexus world?

Also, are we allowed to RP as multiple nations? And what are the differences between FanT levels? That is, the None-Low-High-etc levels.
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:33 am

terror.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents