NATION

PASSWORD

[report] trans discussion thread - is this bait/troll?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

[report] trans discussion thread - is this bait/troll?

Postby The V O I D » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Sorry to bother y'all but in the Trans Discussion Thread:

Saiwania wrote:Is the primary reason for why "trans-racial" isn't taken to be a legitimate phenonenon but "Trans" is- is because Rachael Dolezal is the only one or very rarely happens whilst there are tons of people who take on the "Trans" label if they feel they were born into the wrong sex/gender?

It seems quite straightforward to me that everything under the sun in terms of possibilities has to either be accepted if it can happen or rejected if someone wants to hold onto a more rigid gender binary framework.

It rubs me the wrong way, that people can find no contradiction in cheering on what Caitlyn Jenner did but not Rachel Dolezal.

Saiwania wrote:I'm astonished and surprised that the trans community here (if you represent it) can't understand where Rachael Dolezal is coming from if the sentiment she raised for herself and her own life is even remotely similar to what trans people say is the issue for them.

Far from my intentions being bad, it was a genuine discussion point for me and question.

Are these posts bait-y/troll-y? It just seems needlessly provocative and also, despite claims to the contrary, intentionally so.

Thanks for addressing this either way! Love you, mods!

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:37 pm

The V O I D wrote:Sorry to bother y'all but in the Trans Discussion Thread:

Saiwania wrote:Is the primary reason for why "trans-racial" isn't taken to be a legitimate phenonenon but "Trans" is- is because Rachael Dolezal is the only one or very rarely happens whilst there are tons of people who take on the "Trans" label if they feel they were born into the wrong sex/gender?

It seems quite straightforward to me that everything under the sun in terms of possibilities has to either be accepted if it can happen or rejected if someone wants to hold onto a more rigid gender binary framework.

It rubs me the wrong way, that people can find no contradiction in cheering on what Caitlyn Jenner did but not Rachel Dolezal.

Saiwania wrote:I'm astonished and surprised that the trans community here (if you represent it) can't understand where Rachael Dolezal is coming from if the sentiment she raised for herself and her own life is even remotely similar to what trans people say is the issue for them.

Far from my intentions being bad, it was a genuine discussion point for me and question.

Are these posts bait-y/troll-y? It just seems needlessly provocative and also, despite claims to the contrary, intentionally so.

I've done nothing wrong from my perspective and this is solely certain people objecting to my participation in the thread.

Take note that I've continually changed my posts in an effort to try to not cause too much offense. At the time the posts were made, the normal OP for the thread changed to a simple listing of people who supposedly died from transphobic incidents with all of the discussion rules taken out.

I was contemplating coming to Moderation to have the thread locked/shut down if the majority of the thread was now off topic with the change of the OP, but held off on it to wait and see and it indeed reverted back to an acceptable OP. Last I checked, it was the trans discussion thread and not just discussing the trans people who've been killed/died.
Last edited by Saiwania on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:46 pm

Those posts don't violate the rules.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:01 am

Saiwania wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Sorry to bother y'all but in the Trans Discussion Thread:

I've done nothing wrong from my perspective and this is solely certain people objecting to my participation in the thread.

Take note that I've continually changed my posts in an effort to try to not cause too much offense. At the time the posts were made, the normal OP for the thread changed to a simple listing of people who supposedly died from transphobic incidents with all of the discussion rules taken out.

I was contemplating coming to Moderation to have the thread locked/shut down if the majority of the thread was now off topic with the change of the OP, but held off on it to wait and see and it indeed reverted back to an acceptable OP. Last I checked, it was the trans discussion thread and not just discussing the trans people who've been killed/died.

Since its obvious I'm being stealth-reported here, I'd like to take the opportunity to state that changing the OP of the Transgender Discussion Thread to the semi-official list of transgender people who were murdered in the last year, for the occasion of Transgender Day of Remembrance, is perfectly on topic.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:15 pm

I might have added to the existing OP but beyond that, there's nothing wrong with it as revised.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Return to Moderation