NATION

PASSWORD

http://PruCh.net/

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:17 am

Supreme Leader Eric Wright Crossoveripolis

@SymGusMcFarland I’ve tried corn dogs once and I liked it.

Isabelle The Leaf Islands

@JalnatzicTheGreatest He is not a corrupt leader, and we all know Funnie is not controlled by anyone. I’m sure Funnie doesn’t even know what Redshield or Amihan are…

@MilanHjardavic Funnie supports capitalism, just as you do. I can assure you that he is not a Conmunist at all.

Last edited by The Imagination Animals on Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: Crossoveria
NS Stats are NOT canon!
This nation doesn't represent my views

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:36 am

Anastasija Kladnov Shadforad, Bolrieg

@Sym Gus McFarland To be completly honest, I have not tried any either, suppose it isn't really a thing here. Likewise I see what people think about these.

Jalnatzic the Greatest Bolrieg

@Isabelle Odd, I didn't even mention the connection that time, but I noticed how you notice the connection.

Milan Hjardavic Dalseja, Bolrieg 04/03/2021

@Isabelle I know but he needs to let people know how far he is willing to go.

Prince Starnalf Karlolov Shadforad, Bolrieg

@Sym. Gus McFarland Corn dogs? I assume this is corn cooked into the shape of a dog? Sort of like those chicken dinosaurs? Those are nice, but I can't say about corn dogs, but corn is ok.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:41 am

Sym. Gus McFarland Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Prince Starnalf Karlolov: No, your Highness (or Imperial Highness?), corndogs are basically sausages covered in corn-based batter which when deep fried becomes sausage covered in corn-based bread.

Reese, Hacker Man Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Sym. Gus McFarland: Gus, Gus, this is the internet, we don't have to use formal talk.

@Reese, Hacker Man: I know, my friend, I just want to be respectful.

My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:02 am

@Sym. Gus McFarland Don't worry, "Your Highness" is the correct form of address as only the Monarch here has an elevated title ("His Grand Majesty"). I'm not to familiar with internet box etiquette either although it is more informal, so I suppose "Sir" might suffice (Winking face).
So from you are saying it is essentially a deep-fried sausage sandwich? Could be nice but not too healthy.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:03 am

@Prince Starnalf Karlolov: Yes, basically that, Sir.

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:48 pm

@Sym. Gus McFarland Good to know, might I ask what got you curious in this food?

Yerbanistan
Attaché

Founded: Dec 03, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Yerbanistan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Maxim Yachingov (Максим Ячингов) People's Republic of Yerbanistan

@Elin of the Banks of the Bán River What you are talking about comrade? My network, of course my power. I say turn off, it turn off. Don't need cell phone - I use radio. Cell phone tower cause cancer and bad flu.

@Jalnatzic the Greatest You think 5G communist, but 5G invented by American capitalist CIA to enslave the world. But yes, 5G give disease.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Rev. Fr. Isidro Satou III, CSsR Cebu City, DH

Now listen and see if the words of Scripture do not agree with what I have said. The Lord was passing by and crowds were following him. His miracles gave proof of divine power, and a woman cried out: Happy is the womb that bore you, blessed is that womb! But the Lord, not wishing people to seek happiness in a purely physical relationship, replied: More blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it. Mary heard God’s word and kept it, and so she is blessed. She kept God’s truth in her mind, a nobler thing than carrying his body in her womb. The truth and the body were both Christ: he was kept in Mary’s mind insofar as he is truth, he was carried in her womb insofar as he is man; but what is kept in the mind is of a higher order than what is carried in the womb.
- St. Augustine's sermon on the Presentation of Our Lady

Were today not a Sunday, November 21st would have been commemorated as the Memorial of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, known in Eastern Christendom as The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple. For those Eastern brethren that use the Julian calendar for liturgical reckoning, this falls on December 4th in Gregorian.
That being said, today is a Sunday, the last Sunday of the liturgical year and the Solemnity of Christ the King; the next Sunday will be the First Sunday of Advent, which begins a new liturgical year. ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

David Andrade Cebu City, DH

As Hanukkah draws near--as a matter of fact, the Festival of Lights starts at sunset on November 28th and ends at nightfall on December 6th--the Anti-Defamation Office of the Visayan Section of B'nai B'rith reminds everyone, that malice and hate deserve to be brought into the light that all may see them for what they really are.

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:58 pm

SABO, Student of the Cryptics Laker City, Crabaiaia

@Sunshine Lavender: Happy Birthday, my love <3

Sunshine Lavender Laker City, Crabaiaia

@SABO, Student of the Cryptics: Thanks ILY :3

Jonska Fretsburg Ostry, Cavirfi

@Sunshine Lavender: Happy Birthday

Jake, Tetris Guy Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Sunshine Lavender: Happy Birthday, I don't know who are you, but I still would like to wish you a Happy Birthday.

@Jonska Fretsburg; @Reese, Hacker Man; @Jake, Tetris Guy; @Sym. Gus McFarland: Thank you y'all :3

I'll celebrate this by having a special on my channel, you guys are invited to watch.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Cavirfite Fencing League Bernchinshot, Cavirfi

Round 2 of Novemberfest has begun!

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 pm

How is everyone doing?

Jalnatzic the Greatest Bolrieg

@Maxim Yachingov (Максим Ячингов) It is indeed a Communist plot, the plan is for the 5G network to kill people so they can use the blood to paint a face of Lenin on the moon. Both the Communists and the US/EU "Capitalists" are both owned by the Redshield banking family.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:31 pm

@Anastasija Kladnov: Doing great, uni was a bit stressful, but I celebrated my birthday by eating Ramen with Sab.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:40 pm

@Sunshine Lavender That sounded fun, I assume you two went out or was it a more stay at home thing? Looking back you are studying art, what are you working on might I ask?

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm

Sunshine Lavender Laker City, Crabaiaia (EDITED)

@Anastasija Kladnov: I'm currently working on a short animation, it's due by the 13th next month. The theme is "Incorporating References in Pop Culture" which in other words is just Animation Meme.

Oh yeah and about Sab, remember Bob, Sab's best friend who wanted to leave to Cambodia? Yeah, well Bob owns a couple of shops with his pals, and one of those shops is a Ramen store that you need to buy access to if you want to eat out there. Yeah me and Sab went to that store.

Last edited by Cavirfi on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Supreme Leader Eric Wright Crossoveripolis

As of now I am making preparations for the Presidential inaugural ceremony for Mr. Al Meskin. The date of the ceremony is January 9. However, applications are far from ready, so anyone who wishes to attend will have to wait until New Years Day.

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 am

@Sunshine Lavender Sounds interesting, is it essentially pop culture there or just everywhere?

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:54 pm

At the same time, there are Churches in very difficult circumstances, "experiencing intense trials in the practice of their faith". The Synod Fathers were moved by reports of the heroic witness, unshaken perseverance and steady growth of the Catholic Church in China, by the efforts of the Church in South Korea to offer assistance to the people of North Korea, the humble steadfastness of the Catholic community in Vietnam, the isolation of Christians in such places as Laos and Myanmar, the difficult co-existence with the majority in some predominantly Islamic states. The Synod paid special attention to the situation of the Church in the Holy Land and in the Holy City of Jerusalem, "the heart of Christianity", a city dear to all the children of Abraham. The Synod Fathers expressed the belief that the peace of the region, and even the world, depends in large measure on the peace and reconciliation which have eluded Jerusalem for so long.
- Excerpt from Ecclesia in Asia (St. John Paul II, 1999)

The Gospel reading for today, the Memorial of the Martyrs of Vietnam, is Mt 10:17-22, part of the episode on Coming Persecutions. In the preconcilar form of the Mass, this is the feast day of St. John of the Cross, a class III feast day; the Gospel reading here is Mt 5:13-19.
The 117 Martyrs of Vietnam (Saint Andrew Dũng-Lạc and Companions) were a representative sample of an estimated 130000 to 300000 Veitnamese Catholics martyred for their faith. The persecution Vietnamese Catholics were subject to at the time--which started with the Nguyen Campaign--was described as among the worst in Christian martyrdom, descriptions of which would easily cross into particularly inappropriate territory; suffice to say that by modern standards, the aim of such persecutions would be considered genocidal, as religious groups are among the four protected classes listed under the 1948 Genocide Convention.
Juan de Yepes y Álvarez was the descendant of conversos (Jewish converts to Catholicism) and a major figure in the Counter-Reformation in Spain. St. John of the Cross is among the 36--soon to be 37 with the planned inclusion of St. Iranaeus (feast day: June 28th)--saints honored as Doctors of the Church. After Mysterii Paschalis, his feast day was moved to December 14th.

Simon Solomon, JD, MBA Mandaue, DH

...looking forward to Sunday night; it's the first night of Hanukkah. This also means I have to go on a supply run; I'm making latkes this time along with several others.

Dr. Sergio Jose D. Mate, MD, PhD, FVSOG New Wahington, PY

It's not every day you could have an entire day pulling clinic duty...and to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:38 pm

@Simon Solomon, JD, MBA That sounds nice, I looked up what those were and they do sound delicious.

@Simon Solomon, JD, MBA I think your brother has said he's wanting to check my brain or something, do you know what he's wanting to find out in general terms?

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 pm

@Anastasija Kladnov: Pop culture anywhere, so basically choose a place and put it in the background info for your project, and then make the project. I personally chose pop culture references from the mainstream American internet, because most people here will know what those references are without a background, also because I'm an Art YouTuber who sometimes makes animation memes, so I already have an idea on how to do it (my project), also because I'm a lazy bum who always needs to find the easiest but most productive way of doing things.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:21 am

@Sunshine Lavender I understand, suppose easiest might be best. Might be where I have been going wrong. I did fail most of what I’ve tried and wasn’t able to get onto any studying courses, then again people do think I am stupid.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Postby New Visayan Islands » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 am

How many have come to this place before us! Here the People of God pitched their tents (cf. Ex 19:2); here the prophet Elijah took refuge in a cave (cf. 1 Kgs 19:9); here the body of the martyr Catherine found a final resting-place; here a host of pilgrims through the ages have scaled what Saint Gregory of Nyssa called "the mountain of desire" (The Life of Moses, II, 232); here generations of monks have watched and prayed. We humbly follow in their footsteps, to "the holy ground" where the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob commissioned Moses to set his people free (cf. Ex 3:5-8).
- Excerpt from St. John Paul II's Homily at the Jubilee Pilgrimage to Mount Sinai, February 26th, 2000

The Gospel reading for today, the Optional Memorial of St. Catherine of Alexandria, is Mt 10:28-33, part of the episode on Courage under Persecution. In the preconcilar form of the Mass, this is a class III feast day; the Gospel reading here is Mt 15:1-13.
St. Catherine of Alexandria is among the Fourteen Holy Helpers. The veneration of these fourteen saints originated in 14th Century Rhineland, during the Black Death. All but St. Giles the Hermit (feast day: September 1st) were martyrs; St. Catherine's martyrdom was c. AD 305, during the Maxentian persecution. Maxentius would die in AD 312 at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, his army routed by Constantine and himself presumably drowned in the river Tiber.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:13 am

To all those who celebrate it, I would like to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Julie, Military Fangirl Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Sym. Gus McFarland: Gus? More like Sus! AmoGUS!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it.

Mark, Painter Boy Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Julie, Military Fangirl: Amogus

Jake, Tetris Guy Barnumberg, Cavirfi

Jonska Fretsburg Ostry, Cavirfi

Maria Fretsburg Ostry, Cavirfi

Fretz Mallsky Ostry, Cavirfi

SABO, Student of the Cryptics Laker City, Crabaiaia

Ellen Markenkurt Edgebol, Cavirfi

*sees everyone involved in the Amogus chain*

*confused screaming*

Last edited by Cavirfi on Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Amogus? I think its "Among Us". Definitely heard about it, but never played it.

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:51 pm

@Julie, Military Fangirl: I just finished reading the Scrolls of Cronus and I have to say; what's Amogus?

Mark, Painter Boy Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Sym. Gus McFarland: The meme has been around for a year now and you still don't know what Amogus is?

@Mark, Painter Boy: I'll admit, the range of my vocabulary on whatever Amogus is, is pretty short.

@Sym. Gus McFarland: Don't worry, I understand if you don't know what Amogus is. In fact, I'll explain it to you in a formal manner:

So there's this game made in 2018 called "Among Us", it became popular last year, and it's basically the video game equivalent of the "Spot the Fake Vegan" genre on YouTube. So the players are sort of divided into 2 groups: Crewmates and Impostors. Crewmates have to keep the map running while simultaneously trying to root out and outsmart the Impostors who try to eliminate the Crewmates. Games have between 1-3 Impostors and 3-7 Crewmates. The game is practically dead at this point so don't try to play it because there's no more hype to it (at least there's no hype that I know of).

"Sus" is the shortened version of "Suspicious", Among Us is quick-paced and the game chat has a short character limit so people started using "sus" to label players they thought were impostors. I called you "Sus" because you're name is Gus which is one letter away from "Sus".

"Amogus" is an intentional misspelling of Among Us. It's mostly used humorously and also it has "Gus" in it that's why I said Amogus as well.

Anyways, yeah that's what Amogus is.

@Julie, Military Fangirl: Ah, I see. Don't worry, I don't find a pun of my name rude or anything, in fact, to be honest, I make puns out of other people's name too.

My brother is named Felix and I jokingly call him "PewDiePie" because of it.

@Sym. Gus McFarland: Lol, does your brother get annoyed by it?

@Julie, Military Fangirl: Not really, everyday after school, he watches PewDiePie videos, he's been watching his videos since 2013, he's been watching his videos everyday, I don't remember a day where he didn't watch a PewDiePie video.

@Sym. Gus McFarland: Lol k.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates