NATION

PASSWORD

http://PruCh.net/

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Rev. Fr. Isidro Satou III, CSsR Cebu City, DH

In the years of his pontificate, Pius XI always and firmly raised his voice in defending the faith, the freedom of the Church, and the transcendent dignity of every human person...He clearly condemned, through speeches and letters, the atheistic and inhumane ideologies that bloodied the twentieth century. He brought to light their contradictions by indicating the Church as the high road of the Gospel, and also putting into practice the search for social justice, an indispensable dimension of the fully human redemption of peoples and nations.
- Pope Francis' address to Ukrainian Greek Catholic seminarians at the 85th Anniversary of the Pontifical Seminary of St Josaphat, November 9th, 2017

The Gospel reading for today, the Memorial of St. Josaphat, is Jn 17:20-26, which closes The Prayer of Jesus (the entirety of Chapter 17). In the preconcilar form of the Mass, this is the feast day of Pope St. Martin I, a class III feast day; the Gospel reading here is Mt 16:13-19.
St. Josaphat Kuntsevych was Archeparch of the Ruthenian Uniate Church, the precursor to the Ukrainian and Belarusian Greek Catholic Churches. His martyrdom in 1623--death by angry mob--was part of the reaction to the 1596 Union of Brest, which saw the Kiev Metropolitanate confirm its communion with the See of Rome. He was canonized under the papacy of Bl. Pius IX, with his preconciliar feast day falling on November 14th.
For Pope St. Martin I's opposition to Monothelitism, he was ultimately exiled to Cherson by order of Emperor Constans II, where he died in AD 655. After Mysterii Paschalis, his feast day was moved to April 13th.

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:55 pm

SABO, Student of the Cryptics Laker City, Crabaiaia

@Sunshine Lavender: In case I forget it on the day itself, I just want to say Happy Birthday 9 days in advance, my love <3

Sunshine Lavender Laker City, Crabaiaia

@SABO, Student of the Cryptics: Aw thank you :3

Don't worry about forgetting my birthday, I forgot yours lmao :p

SABO, Student of the Cryptics Laker City, Crabaiaia

@Sunshine Lavender: No harsh feelings for forgetting my birthday, I forgot it too xD

Sunshine Lavender Laker City, Crabaiaia

@SABO, Student of the Cryptics: xD

My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:44 pm

MustafaAydem Crossoveria

Has been a long time since I last came here. By the way, I have heard about Hamad's victory. I'm not too happy about it.

IC Name: Crossoveria
NS Stats are NOT canon!
This nation doesn't represent my views

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:02 pm

Gerald Adams Naltgybal, Astoria
@MustafaAydem: What is the problem?

                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Sym. Gus McFarland of The Good People of Coeus, Eleutheria, and Hedone School of Greek Pagan Theology Barnumberg, Cavirfi

I think I forgot to mention that in our school we don't have a singular priest for local temples, for example, in my Temple, we have about 25 Priests, in which I am the 25th. The Priest who will be in charge of the Thursday ritual (worship, sermons, etc.) is switched in order of ordination, I have 3 weeks before I can lead my first ever ritual, though I've already participated in 2 rituals as a Priest, and many as a member of the laity.

Though this depends, Temples that are higher up our hierarchy have 3 Priests maximum, and the highest Temples in our hierarchy can only have 1, the Priest of the Highest Temple for a scholastic jurisdiction (which, my scholastic jurisdiction is currently Barnumberg, which no one has become a Highest Priest as of yet) is effectively the leader of the school in that scholastic jurisdiction.

Do we have a Supreme Priest in our religion? Similar to how the Catholics have the Pope? Yes, the Highest Priest of Laker City is the Divine Messenger, a man sent by Coeus himself to prepare all Hellenes for the re-usurping of the Olympian Throne. He is infallible and anything he says on behalf of Coeus is the rules of our school.

1. Hellenes - Literally "Greek", is used in this context to refer not only to ethnic Greeks but all believers of the Hellenistic Faith

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Almurta
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Almurta » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:51 am

Makayla Mizrachi-Lavoie Marnoo, Konagaderra

@Jalnatzic the Greatest: No, and this is what I'm talking about. You know nothing about this country, to the extent that you do not know enough to comprehend the extent of what you do not know. You just make blind, uninformed assumptions based partly on happenings in an entirely different country and set of circumstances, and partly on your own prejudices.

@Anastasija Kladnov: That's probably what did it. All things in moderation. It's like I tell people who buy my product, there's enjoying it, and there's something else, and the line between those is way too easy to cross if you're not careful about things. I make some drink of my own too sometimes, so I know the risks, and while I'm not going to say you should stop, I will absolutely say it is honestly a good idea for you to give it a rest for a while. Wait a month, maybe six weeks, and then when you drink again, ease into it slowly, and do not resume the levels you were at before.

I would honestly suggest joining a hobby group of fellow home brewers if you can find one. They're very useful.

Donald J. Trump was an exceptionally good POTUS, and I do not care if this opinion hurts your feelings.

In my experience, ultra-realists in RP tend to be the sort of people who see an RP as a contest to be won, rather than a story to be told, but because they lack honestly any story-writing ability, they seek to lawyer their way to a victory by drowning everybody in statistics and demanding everything run strictly by a laundry list of statistics and figures they dig out of obscure field manuals and tech magazines.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:39 am

Anastasija Kladnov Shadforad, Bolrieg

@Makayla Mizrachi-Lavoie I usually do to be fair, I did go off the rails a bit that night as well. Luckily I was found before anything bad happened, still feel bad about scaring those I care about like that.

Jalnatzic the Greatest Bolrieg

@Makayla Mizrachi-Lavoie You have basted about how much drugs you sell, drugs are bad.

@Mustafa Aydem I'm glad, especially since the marxists lost.

@Baldi Baldimore There was a military party but all the others were communists.

Milan Hjardavic Dalseja, Bolrieg 04/03/2021

@Baldi Baldimore Glad to hear.

@Supreme Leader Eric Wright So you don't believe in competition? I assume you are ok with an education system that doesn't work, after all something owned by the state never works.

@Mustafa Aydem I'm not either, there needed to be a government that is in favour of privatisation.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:19 am

Supreme Leader Eric Wright Crossoveria

@MilanHjardavic It does work! We’ve been having free education for the past 40 years, and it hadn’t failed. I don’t want to privatize it because I do not want people to pay for services like these. And also healthcare.

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------
NEWS :: Rostam Hinzarty, member of the Crossoverian Law House, is let out of Esteqlal Hospital having been permanently changed into an anthro wild dog | Boris Anderson announces his run for President of Crossoveria with the Zola Party

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:37 pm

Cavirfite Fencing League Official Barnumberg, Cavirfi (EDITED)

Today is the day, Novemberfest has commenced! Samuel Webber and Christos Briggs will compete against each other for the first match of the day and Nikita Plant and Paddy Aguilar will compete against each other in the second and last match of the day.

Whoever wins the first day of the games will then compete against each other in the Round of 16.

Let the games commence!

Last edited by Cavirfi on Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:59 am

Cavirfite Fencing League Official Bernchinshot, Cavirfi

Congratulations to Samuel Webber and Paddy Aguilar for advancing to the 2nd Round of Novemberfest. To Chris Briggs and Nick Plant, we thank you for trying out and competing in this tournament.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:02 pm

@Cavirfite Fencing League Official Sounds interesting, how many arethere?

Milan Hjardavic Dalseja, Bolrieg 04/03/2021

@Supreme Leader Eric Wright Why not? Your education system will collapse in on itself, just like the Rexist plan. I believe the private sector should manage everything.

Last edited by Bolrieg on Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:08 pm

MustafaAydem Crossoveria

@JalnatzicTheGreatest Oh, don't get me started on that...

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:26 am

Cavirfite Fencing League Bernchinshot, Cavirfi

@Anastasija Kladnov: We had 32 qualified fencers for Novemberfest, 2 of which have been eliminated as a result of losing a match. There are 30 qualified fencers left.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:31 pm

@Cavirfite Fencing League It does sound entertaining, I assume this can be watched?

@Reuben Solomon, MD If you don’t mind is it ok if we have a bit of a chat. Just been feeling a bit off again.

Jalnatzic the Greatest Bolrieg

@Mustafa Aydem Of course you are the communist candidate, your ideas are terrible. Millions died because of communism.

Prince Starnalf Karlolov Shadforad, Bolrieg

@Reuben Solomon, MD I heard you might want to examine my brain, tell me do you believe I am crazy or do you just want to listen to my war stories? If it’s the latter I’d be happy to tell anyone who would like to hear, you don’t have to be a doctor for that. (Winking face).

Also you’re trying to get the Kladnov family into your sessions, I don’t know what has gotten into Anastasija as of late. To me this seems like a display of ingratitude, honesty her parents have provided her everything she has needed to get ahead in life and she’s telling people she isn’t happy. Harrumph, tell me how often do you talk to those who are just ungrateful? It seems to me that people who go to your type of sessions are either ingrates or those looking to get prescriptions for this or that. Thankfully over here whinging isn’t seen as a medical issue for the most part.

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Cavirfite Fencing League Bernchinshot, Cavirfi

@Anastasija Kladnov: Sadly, we only have the budget to broadcast our matches only within the jurisdiction of the Free Land of Cavirfi. However The Barnumberg Bulletin does list highlights and information about our matches, go check them out.

OOC: To access "The Barnumberg Bulletin", click on "News" in my sig. You may have to go to Page 3 of the linked topic because Pages 1 and 2 are saturated with news about Crabaiaian-Cavirfite geopolitics
Last edited by Cavirfi on Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Imagination Animals
Ambassador

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Imagination Animals » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Charles Carpenter Crossoveripolis

I have to admit: this election has been interesting and popular. I had been surprised to learn a lot of countries gave their endorsements, many to Hamad Al Meskin. Congratulations to him, by the way.

NS Stats are NOT canon!

-----------
-----------

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:07 am

Jake, Tetris Guy Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Sym. Gus McFarland of the The Good People of Coeus, Eleutheria, and Hedone School of Greek Pagan Theology: Hi Gus, I am Jake (or Jacob if you prefer to use my actual real name), Reese's other friend.

Sym. Gus McFarland of the The Good People of Coeus, Eleutheria, and Hedone School of Greek Pagan Theology Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Jake, Tetris Guy: Hello to you, I am Gus, I am a Priest for The Good People of Coeus, Eleutheria, and Hedone, a school of Greek mythology. Some people in my group like to call it "The Good People" for short.

What do you wanna ask me?

@Sym. Gus McFarland of the The Good People of Coeus, Eleutheria, and Hedone School of Greek Pagan Theology: Well, I am Atheist, and many of my family members and other atheist/secular/agnostic friends, have some prejudices about your school, and I kinda want to hear your side of things

So I just wanted to ask 3 things:

1. What do you have to say to the people who believe in the sayings of Roger Needleton that go along the lines of "You call yourself (your school), the people of Hedone, yet you are the exact kind of people who would hate it when people are enjoying themselves."?

2. What do you have to say to the people who think your school is a cult considering the amount of powers "The Messenger" (which I assume is the Highest Priest of Laker City) has over group theology and rules of life?

3. Will you shorten your username please? Damn, I have a hard time pinging you.

Sym. Gus McFarland Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Jake, Tetris Guy:

>Will your shorten your username please?

As you wish.

As for the first 2 questions, I am happy that you not being of my group are willing to hear my (and quite frankly on behalf of the school, our) side of the story, so without further ado:

1. I hate it when people use this argument, it is absolutely not fun to harm others, most of the time when people say "they're enjoying themselves", they usually mean it in the context that they abuse their free will to be ungrateful for the sacrifices and good will that the people around them and the greater community provide to them; to have food on their plates, electricity in their lightbulbs, water in their toilets, and a bed to sleep on, and most importantly, love that they can cherish, embrace, and be grateful for. People these days do not understand what true love is; true love is not being spoiled, it is being able to take discipline in order to enjoy the simple things in life and understand that things can be worse, and the only direction you should try to go to is forward to try and obtain a better, happier, and healthier life.

2. Is the Catholic Church a cult on the basis that the Bishop of Rome (or as they call it, the Pope) is infallible? No? Then why is it that when we do the same, when we make a man, our spiritual leader, a representative of the Gods; the people bash us for it? People will make excuses to call anything they disagree with a cult, most of the time the reason why they call us a cult is because we have a "strict way of living". Religions have specific and strict ways of life, to call following these ways of life "cultish" is not only ignorant but intolerant.

There you have it, these are my answers to your 2 questions.

@Sym. Gus McFarland:

1. Thx for shortening your username

2. I absolutely agree with you that taking advantage of the hard work of good men and women is never good. I mean this country was literally created as a result of resistance to this abuse, it is sickening. I also agree with you on the strict way of life thing, if you enter a house that's yours and the owner tells you that you can't wear shoes inside, yet you enter and walk around their home with shoes on, the owner has every right to kick you out for being so disrespectful. If your school says you can't offend the good will of others, and you offend the good will of others, your school has every right to strip you of your privileges as a member and kick you out

Sym. Gus McFarland Barnumberg, Cavirfi

@Jake, Tetris Guy:

1. You're welcome

2. You are absolutely right!

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021

Postby Phibeta » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:23 pm

Annagrazia Sabatino Aeraburgh, Oysterfield County, Phibeta

So my friend from across the pond told me about this website. I figured it be great to connect with the outside world.

So anyway, I’m feeling like past for dinner tonight.

Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Greener Beaner Laker City, Crabaiaia

Raphaelle keeps calling me "Ate" whenever she's trying to get my attention in her DMs, does anyone know what "Ate" means?

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:03 am

Dr. Qualif Kafka Földerstadt

Heard some interesting news about this place, figured I may as well join. Name is in my username. Doctorate in psychology, specialized in research psychology, particularly in the topic of altruism.

Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:21 am

Greener Beaner Laker City, Crabaiaia

Ok no need to tell me anymore, I found it just means big sister in Filipino, hmm understandable considering she calls all her female friends sisters, and considering I'm a few years older than her, the big part is not exactly wrong.

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:38 pm

@Cavirfite Fencing League Thank you, I’ll try and keep up.

@Annagrazia Sabatino Hello and welcome to this website, did you have anything good?

@Dr. Qualif Kafka Hello and welcome, hope you’re doing ok. So how does altruism link to your field might I ask?

Prince Starnalf Karlolov Shadforad, Bolrieg

@Dr. Qualif Kafka Great, another head quack. Tell me does it pay a lot to listen to people whinge at you?

OOC: Thanks, Cavilrfi.
Last edited by Bolrieg on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021

Postby Phibeta » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:58 pm

Annagrazia Sabatino Aeraburgh, Oysterfield County, Phibeta

@Anastasija Kladnov Hello, oh yes. I had some Spaghetti Bolognese and some garlic bread. Some good home cooking I did myself.

Florance Church Crowhold, Groteing County, Phibeta

Oh, what’s this? A new social media app! How exciting!

Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:29 am

Dr. Qualif Kafka Földerstadt

@Anastasija Kladnov | Psychology behind it. What motivates it, why we do it, even at our own risk or loss. Random kindness. Those sorts of things.
@Prince Starnalf Karlolov | My career's topic is less focused on listening to people, even less on whining. I have no obligations in the clinical nor therapeutic field, as you imply, and I am focused on behavior and its causes more than anything.

Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Chunar
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Chunar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:55 am

Mirza Zahir ud Din Sikandarbad
I find it problematic that my brother is doing nothing about the fact that kuffar in my country are pushing their demands further and further.

He abolished jizyyia, appointed a kuffar to the State Council, and thanks to him, fellow muslims suffer under wrath of rioters demanding we worship their idols and cows.

If he lets this continue, the power of Islam in Chunar will wane, until the true faith will be devoured by the kuffar!

We should petition my brother to restore jizzya and order all the kuffar to convert to true faith! If they don't we should call legions of ghazis to come here and assist in their conversion!

Last edited by Chunar on Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of New Aeyariss.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates