NATION

PASSWORD

Paragon Industries (OOC - Comedy / Tech / Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:30 am

I have this idea for 2 new characters, but since I already have 2, I'll put them out there for someone else to use:

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
a tall, thin guy with crazy, unruly, spiky white hair

Name: Mike L. Bay

Species: human

Sex male

Personality: Explosive to say the least. He has an affinity for explosions, fireballs and ka-boom-y things. He can get really excited and run around waving his arms in the air. In short, he's a hyperactive pyromaniac, but not a psychopath. He's still a relatively nice person to be around.

Skills/Powers: An almost encyclopedic knowledge of pyrotechnics and the chemistry of explosives. The ability to walk away from an explosion without looking back, or getting shrapnel stuck in his back.

Weaknesses Remaining calm, and putting out fires

Occupation: Head of the Pyrotechnics department, but he can butt into other department and give unsolicited ideas.

Bio: As a kid, he burned down a lot of stuff. At the age of 18, he joined the military, hoping to use his gifts for some sort of greater good. He became an expert in explosives, and left to put his skills towards starting a business with his sister. Their company was quickly acquired by Paragon, and they're both here today.

Why Are They Here?: His start-up was acquired, and after trying unsuccessfully to find work elsewhere, he settled for Paragon.

Character Goal: To use his gifts to make the world a less worse place. He wants to be a Robin Hood-style vigilante with an explosives-laden power suit. He's not making much progress.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: His car, which is a converted fire truck, his work-in-progress prototype of the explosive power suit.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: explosions, fireballs, explosions, explosives, explosions, rock n' roll, explosions, kittens. Dislikes: fire extinguishers, criminals, being told to calm down.

Other: His theme song would just be a soundtrack of an explosion

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
she looks like that actress from Madame Secretary

Name: Michelle Bay

Sex female

Personality: The total opposite of her twin brother, Mike. She is a peaceful person, and is not obsessed with blowing thing up. She is very calm and hardly ever gets mad. She enjoys the simple things in life, and is a poet, as well as a painter. She also enjoys cold weather, unlike her brother who likes superheated explosions and fire. She is also overprotective of the younger employees, and is something of a mother hen.

Skills/Powers: Keeping her brother in check, making art, and putting out fires.

Weaknesses Doing things in a rush.

Bio: Even as a child, she displayed qualities entirely different from her brother's. While her brother went off to join the army, she went to Sweden to study abroad and developed a passion for cold weather, art, tea, and being more calm.

Why Are They Here?: Her brother conned her out of her money to start his business, and she was dragged along into Paragon. She actually enjoys it here, and wants to calm the place down.

Character Goal: To help the younger employees, and grow the company into a titan of eco-friendly industry.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Her glasses, and a mug which she drinks her tea from.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: tea, art, poetry, classical music, the environment, comfy sweaters. Dislikes: her brother's behavior, loud music, fossil fuels, and pretty much anything that is unfriendly to the environment.

Other: any classical music
Last edited by Caliland on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Talchyon wrote:Hey guys!

So, the roster is updated and the time jump in the IC post has happened! Welcome to OSHE inspection day!

(If I missed any app that got posted earlier and now has been completed, let me know and I can review it).

I don't see my app in the roster...

Btw, nice detail with the stocks there, Deblar. I like the connection you created.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Barapam wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Hey guys!

So, the roster is updated and the time jump in the IC post has happened! Welcome to OSHE inspection day!

(If I missed any app that got posted earlier and now has been completed, let me know and I can review it).

I don't see my app in the roster...

Btw, nice detail with the stocks there, Deblar. I like the connection you created.

Thanks for the catch. I'll try to update tomorrow morning or noon my time.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:24 am

Caliland wrote:I have this idea for 2 new characters, but since I already have 2, I'll put them out there for someone else to use:

Character App

a tall, thin guy with crazy, unruly, spiky white hair

Name: Mike L. Bay

Sex male

Personality: Explosive to say the least. He has an affinity for explosions, fireballs and ka-boom-y things. He can get really excited and run around waving his arms in the air. In short, he's a hyperactive pyromaniac, but not a psychopath. He's still a relatively nice person to be around.

Skills/Powers: An almost encyclopedic knowledge of pyrotechnics and the chemistry of explosives. The ability to walk away from an explosion without looking back, or getting shrapnel stuck in his back.

Weaknesses Remaining calm, and putting out fires

Occupation: Head of the Pyrotechnics department, but he can butt into other department and give unsolicited ideas.

Bio: As a kid, he burned down a lot of stuff. At the age of 18, he joined the military, hoping to use his gifts for some sort of greater good. He became an expert in explosives, and left to put his skills towards starting a business with his sister. Their company was quickly acquired by Paragon, and they're both here today.

Why Are They Here?: His start-up was acquired, and after trying unsuccessfully to find work elsewhere, he settled for Paragon.

Character Goal: To use his gifts to make the world a less worse place. He wants to be a Robin Hood-style vigilante with an explosives-laden power suit. He's not making much progress.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: His car, which is a converted fire truck, his work-in-progress prototype of the explosive power suit.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: explosions, fireballs, explosions, explosives, explosions, rock n' roll, explosions, kittens. Dislikes: fire extinguishers, criminals, being told to calm down.

Other: His theme song would just be a soundtrack of an explosion

Character App

she looks like that actress from Madame Secretary

Name: Michelle Bay

Sex female

Personality: The total opposite of her twin brother, Mike. She is a peaceful person, and is not obsessed with blowing thing up. She is very calm and hardly ever gets mad. She enjoys the simple things in life, and is a poet, as well as a painter. She also enjoys cold weather, unlike her brother who likes superheated explosions and fire. She is also overprotective of the younger employees, and is something of a mother hen.

Skills/Powers: Keeping her brother in check, making art, and putting out fires.

Weaknesses Doing things in a rush.

Bio: Even as a child, she displayed qualities entirely different from her brother's. While her brother went off to join the army, she went to Sweden to study abroad and developed a passion for cold weather, art, tea, and being more calm.

Why Are They Here?: Her brother conned her out of her money to start his business, and she was dragged along into Paragon. She actually enjoys it here, and wants to calm the place down.

Character Goal: To help the younger employees, and grow the company into a titan of eco-friendly industry.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Her glasses, and a mug which she drinks her tea from.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: tea, art, poetry, classical music, the environment, comfy sweaters. Dislikes: her brother's behavior, loud music, fossil fuels, and pretty much anything that is unfriendly to the environment.

Other: any classical music

I guess I'll just use these myself. I'm officially submitting them for application.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:22 am

Caliland - Your twins are ACCEPTED!

Guys, I'll try to update tomorrow. I've had some busy days and houseguests. No real time up til tomorrow. We'll see what the OSHE inspectors see...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:09 am

Talchyon wrote:Caliland - Your twins are ACCEPTED!

Guys, I'll try to update tomorrow. I've had some busy days and houseguests. No real time up til tomorrow. We'll see what the OSHE inspectors see...

Yesterday turned out not to be the day to update. Apologies. I will work on a post now and try to update the roster later today.

EDIT - POST IS UP. Guess who joined the real OSHE inspection? :D :twisted:
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:34 am

So guys, Thanksgiving week (in the USA) is often busy. I will try to get a post out tonight, but then may not be able to do anything on NS until Friday or so. Maybe Saturday depending on how I'm feeling. Nonetheless, if you guys are active and want to do things with each other during that time, that's great! I'll roll with whatever you guys post.

I love this RP even if I don't post as nearly often as some OPs.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:32 am

Hey guys -

Hope you're still willing to pick up after a (albeit very long) Thanksgiving break from the RP. I'm planning on posting today. Anybody want some NPC interaction?

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:44 am

Talchyon wrote:Hey guys -

Hope you're still willing to pick up after a (albeit very long) Thanksgiving break from the RP. I'm planning on posting today. Anybody want some NPC interaction?

James Anderson wouldn't mind a little NPC interaction*. I'm sure nothing will go wrong if somebody starts poking around in the house of cards that is the server room. Also, James doesn't seem to be on the list of employees, and the OP is still breaking the page.

*James most definitely would mind having to interact with someone else, but what's the point of a comedic RP if you aren't going to force your characters into uncomfortable situations?
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Window Land wrote:

James Anderson wouldn't mind a little NPC interaction*. I'm sure nothing will go wrong if somebody starts poking around in the house of cards that is the server room. Also, James doesn't seem to be on the list of employees, and the OP is still breaking the page.

*James most definitely would mind having to interact with someone else, but what's the point of a comedic RP if you aren't going to force your characters into uncomfortable situations?

Thanks for the heads up, Window. I will update the roster and get James on. Also, as for the first page, I'm not seeing it. When I see the post, it looks fine and not like it had before I fixed it. I don't know what gives. I'll try to double check though.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Of course I'm still willing to continue. I don't know if you plan to write some interaction with KIM or have the NPC:s trying the very best to ignore her, but it'll be fun either way.

Unrelated, the OP isn't breaking the page for me. Looks normal.
Last edited by Barapam on Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Province of Cossack
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Province of Cossack » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:12 pm

No problem about the break, just waiting on the inspector's response/interaction with Cyrus. No rush though, I'm drowning in assignments myself :)

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:32 pm

I may need to postpone my update until Monday. Something came up and my Sunday looks completely full (and exhausting). Maybe Monday for me. If you guys want to interact, there are ways to do it right now. Someone goes for coffee, someone needs a broom and goes into one of the labs marked 'broom closet', someone decides to start making prank calls over the company loudspeaker... whatever it is, I'd do it without waiting for me right now.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 pm

Guys, this whole week became a lot busier. I will try to post tomorrow.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:57 am

Hey guys! Merry Christmas-week. This is a busy time for me, as I assume it is for you. Nonetheless, I'm still going to keep this RP alive and going. It just may be next week. We'll see. Until then, watch a comedy and laugh. And enjoy Christmas!

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:38 am

Merry Christmas to you too! Might be busy up until new years though.

Window Land
Ambassador

Postby Window Land » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Hey Talchyon, now that we've cleared new year's, are you interested in continuing this RP?

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:45 pm

Window Land wrote:Hey Talchyon, now that we've cleared new year's, are you interested in continuing this RP?

Absolutely. Had a busy and difficult week but will get a post up tomorrow at the latest.

Window Land
Ambassador

Postby Window Land » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Window Land wrote:Hey Talchyon, now that we've cleared new year's, are you interested in continuing this RP?

Absolutely. Had a busy and difficult week but will get a post up tomorrow at the latest.

Sweet, I'll probably have another app up soon- I'm thinking undercover journalist that nobody believes is telling the truth when they accurately report what goes on inside of Paragon.

Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:13 am

Window Land wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Sweet, I'll probably have another app up soon- I'm thinking undercover journalist that nobody believes is telling the truth when they accurately report what goes on inside of Paragon.

I love the concept! Can't wait to see the app.

Window Land
Ambassador

Postby Window Land » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:46 pm

Character App

tall-ish woman with long blond hair, blue eyes, and glasses (just a disguise, has naturally dark brown hair, brown eyes, and 20/20 vision, her glasses have a prescription free lense)

Name: Jane Smith (fake name, her real name is Chloe Mitchell)

Species: Human

Sex: Female

Personality: Ordinarily presents a pleasant, if a little nosy, demeanor. She does have a ruthless streak that does show sometimes. Harbors a simmering resentment toward Paragon, as well as her former newspaper, Caerus City Times, and the Fellini crime family, although she typically keeps it under control.

Skills/Powers: Good journalist, master of disguise, good self-control

Weaknesses: Will be in serious danger if her cover is blown, not very good at being a secretary, not very athletic

Bio: Chloe had a pretty uneventful early life, eventually getting some education as a journalist. After completing her education, she was eventually hired by Caerus City Times, the city's largest newspaper with national fame, where she worked quite successfully as an investigative journalist for several years. However, things got very interesting when a journalist for Caerus City Times accidentally found a front company for one of Felloni's vassals. The journalist was threatened and the newspaper enraged, and began planning an operation to take out Felloni. The Caerus City Times eventually decided to send several journalists undercover to try and reach Felloni to see if they can find something to hurt him with. Chloe, along with three other volunteered to do the undercover work and were sent to see what they could dig up.

After several months, the operation had to be called off without reaching Felloni because one of the journalists had drawn too much suspicion. What the Caerus City Times was able to find was still huge, and when they released what they knew it resulted in the federal government making dozens of arrests across the police force, city politicians, and Felloni's gang. However, even with all the arrests the government had to hold back, knowing getting too aggressive without sending Felloni to prison would upset the city's fragile peace. In the end, Felloni was able to get things under control pretty quickly, and realizing that the Caerus City Times was one of the few organizations capable of taking him promised there would be no retaliation against those who weren't part of one of his gangs. Unfortunately, this meant the formerly undercover journalists were still in danger, having been a part of Felloni's gangs for several months. Caerus City Times prepped for this, and was able to send three of the journalists to work on projects overseas.

Unfortunately for Chloe, she was stuck working undercover at Paragon as Vannessa's secretary, as rumors of incompetence and mismanagement swirled around Paragon's tumbling stock. Initially, things seemed fairly normal if a bit dysfunctional and Chloe, now referred to as Jane, was able to keep her handlers happy. However, as Chloe was slowly sucked into the insanity of Paragon, her reports, while entirely accurate, began seem more and more like fiction. Things got to the point that after Chloe reported on the laser sword fight at the company Christmas party, the Caerus City Times simply offered to pay for her to get professional psychiatric help. After that, Chloe stopped sending reports, only sending the occasional message to remind people she was still alive. Since then, she has continued to work at Paragon, doing a job that's just good enough to not get fired, and collecting information damaging enough to destroy Paragon if anyone takes it seriously.

Why Are They Here?: stuck here until Fellini's gone or Paragon folds, see bio for details

Character Goal: See Paragon humiliated and destroyed, Felloni rotting in jail, and either forgiveness from, or destruction of, Caerus City Times.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Drives a small and very forgettable car; has "The Book", an online collection of all of Paragon's misdeeds the Chloe found, is quite large to do Chloe's easy access to the companies information; conceals and carries a 9mm handgun she has no idea how to use

Likes and Dislikes: likes: Justice, good journalism, being taken seriously dislikes: Paragon, Fellini and associates, her handlers at the Caerus City Times, Corruption, not being taken seriously
Other:

Meant to get this app out yesterday, but I was dealing with some side effects from my third covid shot. Should have an IC post up sometime in the next few days.
Last edited by Window Land on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:55 pm

Window Land wrote:Name: Jane Smith (fake name, her real name is Chloe Mitchell)
-snip-

Meant to get this app out yesterday, but I was dealing with some side effects from my third covid shot. Should have an IC post up sometime in the next few days.

Vanessa has a secretary already, but I have no problem with her having another. Jane Smith is ACCEPTED! Welcome (again) to Paragon Industries! I'll update the roster tomorrow.

Window Land
Ambassador

Postby Window Land » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Window Land wrote:Name: Jane Smith (fake name, her real name is Chloe Mitchell)
-snip-

Vanessa has a secretary already, but I have no problem with her having another. Jane Smith is ACCEPTED! Welcome (again) to Paragon Industries! I'll update the roster tomorrow.

Oh whoops, I even double checked the roster to avoid the duplicate job. On a related note, could you ensure KIM lands on the roster please?

Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:09 pm

Window Land wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Oh whoops, I even double checked the roster to avoid the duplicate job. On a related note, could you ensure KIM lands on the roster please?

Oops myself. Thought KIM was on it. I will definitely update the roster for both.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Window Land wrote:Oh whoops, I even double checked the roster to avoid the duplicate job. On a related note, could you ensure KIM lands on the roster please?

Oops myself. Thought KIM was on it. I will definitely update the roster for both.

I wasn't able to get on at all today until now, right before bed. I'll try to update the roster tomorrow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse