NATION

PASSWORD

The Century that changed Everything | OOC/Sign-ups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

The Century that changed Everything | OOC/Sign-ups

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:33 am

Welcome to The Century that changed Everything, my own little attempt to create a Nation Roleplay for the Portal to the Multiverse (Which is something I've been wanting to do for a while). Starting on the 30th of April, 1900 a.d this RP will be centred around the first two decades of the 20th century, because whilst I'd like to see this RP last long enough that the linear progressive timeline will reach the 1920's, I'm not going to try and fool myself by saying that'll actually be a complete possibility.

Let me lay down the way I want this RP to operate real quickly with a few sentences, before we get into the whole nitty gritty of the rules, the map, the timeline progression and everything else... Whilst the RP is based on reality and I will be attempting to enforce (With any potential future moderators) some realistic boundaries (So the RP won't devolve into something crazy like The UK versus the rest of the world or anything else of the sort), this nation RP will allow some soft alternate history. What I mean by this is that to a reasonable degree, players have the ability to steer their nation, and perhaps even world history towards a different path than what we actually got, but as always this depends on the relationships created and developed by the players of the RP. I will also be allowing some soft changes to a nation's history pre 1900 A.D should that be a thing you wish to do. (More information on the actual section that details it) I do not want to enforce full commitment to this RP for any of it's members and in general, despite ground rules and everything I want this to be a more casual experience for people to partake in to burn some time. Nevertheless, I have a hard stance on godmodding or any actions that are given no justification, so do not expect to get away with something like "[ Insert great power ] declares war on Ecuador because reasons".

Anyways, I could either continue blathering on, or just lay out everything cohesively going forward... I think I'll choose the latter, so allow me to cut to the chase:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The World, as of 1900 a.d

______________________________________________________________________________________________

As cool looking as this map is, this isn't actually the one we'll be using in the RP... To be honest, it's mainly there just for the graphical design of this here post... I've used MapChart, and a little bit of self-editing (Like for German control of Elsaß-Lothringen, because MapChart apparently doesn't have Alsace-Lorraine as a separate subdivision :( ) to create a map for this, so I can edit it at later dates.

So, above you can see what the world looks like at whatever date the IC is right now (As mentioned before, ignore the map that isn't in a spoiler, because that's just there for the ascetics), and I'll try to stay on top of updates to the borders of the maps as it goes along... As for the key, I made that personally using Kleki, and may all that's good forbid me would I need to edit that (Because it will be painful)... As such, this is an FYI stating that even if entire countries are annexed and eliminated during this RP, I probably won't find the time nor energy to change the key around.

Anyways, moving on from that note and onto a different subject (Because I really don't think there's much else I can talk about for this xD)

The Timeline, and Progression

So, how is time going to be represented in this RP, you might be wondering? Well, it'll be following a semi-hard routine, that being a week IRL represents four months in the actual roleplay... In other words, this means that every two days IRL, a month and about a week of time will pass in the RP. However, as I don't want to make this RP seem uninviting because of this set in stone progression, I will be willing to change it up depending on certain factors... First of all, every Monday (In terms of Greenwich Mean Time, because wouldn't you guess it, I live in Bri'ian) I will poll the RP on this thread and the Discord Server in particular to ask if the progression should be either slowed down or sped up... I plan for it that should it be slowed down (For instance if there's a bout of inactivity, if enough people request it or otherwise) the progression will be changed to a single RP month for a single IRL week... Should it be sped up (Once again, if people request it through the poll, or a surge of activity and other factors), I will most likely progress it to a single RP year for a IRL week... So as mentioned, there is clear progression, but it can be changed to be faster or slower if needed...

On the topic of the specific roleplayers, should anyone need to take a hiatus for any reason (Trust me, that's most definitely allowed, don't feel pressured to stay active if you've got other things to worry about), please tell me or a moderator about it and we'll work with you to figure out a way to keep your nation competitive... This may lead to a temporary takeover or rather, regulation as an NPC nation with extra attention or anything else considered as a resolution... If you need to drop out completely, I and I'm guessing no one else is going to take that personally. We'll regulate your nation to NPC, and we'll also note down the important progress you had made with it as to notify a potential new roleplayer who would want to take over in your stead. Real life ALWAYS comes first, take care of yourself primarily. If that includes acquittal from this RP, then don't feel afraid to do so.

Non Player Character (NPC) Nations, Created Events and more

As I had begun with a little bit in the previous point, the nations of which are not in control by players will be considered Non-Player Characters. What this means is that the nations are going to be controlled as a collective by myself and any future moderators that have the time to do it themselves... This is both a note to potential roleplayers, and also for us moderators as well that the function of Non-Player Character nations are mostly regulated to reaction for outside events, for instance if a World War begins the NPC nations will act accordingly to said events in a realistic manner depending on their situations... This also means that if an NPC nation is at war with a player nation, that us moderators will have the duty of roleplaying the war as the NPC Nation.
Also, this needs to be stressed... In warfare with an NPC nation, the person temporarily controlling the NPC nation needs to act fairly and realistically depending on the factors at play. Let's create a hypothetical for this:

The Ottoman Empire declares war on the Emirate of Nejd

So, in this particular circumstance, the Ottoman Empire is player controlled, and now at war with Nejd... Both roleplayers had the duty of roleplaying the war fairly and realistically... The Ottoman Empire in this circumstance is much stronger militarily than Nejd in terms of physical manpower and technology... However, the harsh Arabian deserts and Nejd's familiarity with it would give the defending nation some leeway to use tactics such as guerilla warfare, hit and run or sabotage against the aggressor. Nejd is also more comfortable operating in the Arabian deserts and it's harsh climates than the Ottoman Empire, and thus has the advantage of operating more efficiently than their aggressor.

In this circumstance, it is unlikely that Nejd comes out victorious from the fight... Nevertheless, it is the player RP'ing the war from Nejd's perspective to act accordingly, so for instance in this circumstance Nejd would fight tooth and nail to try and secure their sovereignty.

I hope that hypothetical is good enough to paint a picture as to how the NPC temporary roleplayer would act when it comes to warfare... As for two NPC nations fighting against each other, that's more complicated... If there's not involvement from any player, the war will happen naturally without activity throughout the roleplay, and will conclude with a victor and peace deal decided fairly by moderators... If the NPC nations are involved with player actions, for example in a coalition or a world war, then the player nation may have the liberty to control the war efforts of their NPC allies... Now, it's important in any situation like this that you discuss anything first with a moderator, and in addition anyone else who has a vested interest in your actions.

Now we've got NPC's out of the way, I'd like to announce that from time to time, I or a fellow moderator may create some RP-wide events for player and NPC nations to react to accordingly for multiple reasons... Said reasons may be to simply spice up the RP and encourage some more activity, in response to developments created by player nations and their actions or any other reason befitting. It is the moderators' responsibility to announce events like this at least a day in advance beforehand so players can prepare and react without pressure... Players are free to comment or request changes to said events before they begin, I'll attempt to consider all suggestions as they come!

Historical changes and the degree of freedom

Okay, so let's get this out of the way... I like Alternate History, and I bet most people on NationStates share my views with that, eh? By any means, this is why I'm going to allow some level of freedom when changing the tides of history in this RP in different developments, relationships between great powers created by the actual players... Well, playing! And other reasons as well... For instance, we could have a Central Power victory in the Great War should it be RP'd in that way, but at the same time we could have a completely different World War, or rather no world war at all! It depends on how the tides turn, for this RP is decided primarily by the players and the actions that they can take...

In addition, as you'll find out when applying you can change certain parts of your nation's history... However, let's quickly set up some rules for that real quick:

• First of all, if you are changing your nation's history in any way which would affect another nation on the planet, you need to discuss said change in history with the roleplayer of said country... Or otherwise, if that change is for a Non Player Character nation, discuss with either I or another moderator...
  • We're not making huge, fundamental changes to countries or the world here... This will be fulfilled by this rule right here: You can't change anything about your country that had been decided more than 25 years ago in history. For instance, that means that the Franco-Prussian War, the signing of the Treaty of Versailles and the formation of the German Empire can't be changed, for that happened in 1870-71.
  • Your changes need to be plausible and somewhat realistic... What this means for example is you can't suddenly change France back into an Absolute Monarchy and return to a Feudalistic government, or you can't have your United States of America be the first Fascist country in the world. Stuff like a different President/Prime Minister/Monarch in charge of your country is possible, but that just needs to be properly justified and given enough reason to happen. At the end of the day, consult with me or another moderator on this stuff and it'll be accepted if it meets standards, or we'll work with you to make some changes if it doesn't...

So yes, Alternate History is very much allowed and matter of factly is encouraged to develop, but nevertheless I hope this RP remains plausible... If I wanted it to be historical fiction, I would have stated that :P

Rules, Guidelines and other notices

So now, I feel like it's time to get onto the actual rules of this RP... After all, I don't really think any RP is much without some guidelines, right? Uhrm... Well, I've got nothing else to say right now, so let's get into it!

1: General rules

• 1a :: First of all, let's get this out of the way... If I or any other moderator (That I may get when this thing is afloat) see anything offensive being said, such as racist comments, DOXXing, NSFW posting (And I mean, proper NSFW, not like random euphemisms) harassment or anything else like that, action will be taken... After a few warnings you will most likely be kicked from the Discord Server (If you're in it), asked to leave and/or reported to the NationStates moderation team... It's that simple.
  • 1b :: Second, the word of myself and the moderators are law... Most of the time. Unless stipulated that roleplayers have a say in it, it's probably better to assume that what we say is stuff you need to conform to... Yes, this is 1984... Cry about it

2: Roleplaying

• 2a :: Okay, NO GODMODDING... What I mean by that is dictating what another player does, what damage they take in a firefight or something, or making them conform to a decision against their will is simply not allowed... Remember that to roleplay is a joint experience and that to cooperate with each other, even when your IC nations are stuck in a brutal war of trench warfare is what makes RPs like this keep on ticking.
  • 2b :: Second of all, keep the actions you take in the realm of realism please... For instance, you're not creating something like the USS Enterprise in 1900, nor are you overthrowing the British government and establishing a communist dictatorship as soon as the roleplay starts... This does not mean you're not allowed to take some liberties however. Would it be realistic to say that perhaps Wilhelm II wouldn't become Emperor of Germany in 1888? Probably not, but if you want to make that change and give enough justification for it, the moderators such as myself will definitely consider it! That's a hypothetical, of course.
  • 2c :: Keep your fellow roleplayers in mind when you do what you do, alright? This is more of a guideline than a set in stone rule, but it would be best to alert people, especially if they are effected of any action that you will make for your nation... For instance, the German Empire can't declare war on Denmark if both are controlled by a player unless both players agree to it OOC. If you are respectful to other roleplayers cooperation will become easier and doing what you want to do will also be more likely as well!
  • 2d :: Right, okay I'm very much a stickler for this one... Please put effort into your posts and actions on this RP, please! You aren't going to make a change to your government in just one sentence describing it, nor are you going to win a war against your adversary in just one short post. I don't like one-liners, and you probably shouldn't too! Nevertheless, I'm not expecting full essays every post either, just say enough that it's clear what your action is, what the justification for it is and if the action you're taking involves an NPC nation, what the reaction would be as well.

3: Some other things

• When applying, use the statistics of the actual country you're playing as relevant to the start date of 1900... If you are applying further onwards, the moderation team will hopefully work with you to come to a reasonable application of numbers, government type or whatever...
  • You can't bring puppets into this RP to roleplay as multiple nations at any given simultaneous time... This is simply to regulate the RP and it's enjoyment, for without this stipulation it would be WAAAAAYY too easy to create huge power blocs of single players that would completely throw an imbalance within the RP... That would not longer be enjoyable, so we're not allowing multiple nations by the same OOC player.

Also, as a general notice, this is the OOC thread... DO NOT post anything that regards the actual roleplay of your nation here, for it will be ignored and would become a waste of time for both yourself, and the people who have to sift through it.

Application? Applications...

And so, the splerge of function and rules end here... Now, it is time to apply for the RP if you're interested in doing so... Like pretty much every RP forum on this site, there's a box of code and stuff below, so you can copy the format and paste it, fill in the blanks and get yourself rolling!

Code: Select all
[align=center][size=150][background=#757575][color=#757575]______________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/background][/size][/align]
[align=center][size=150][b][u]The grand country, known as:[/u][/b][/size][/align]
[align=center][size=125][i]_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/i][/size][/align]
[align=center][size=85][i](Please fill in the full name of the nation you are interested in RP'ing in the blank space marked with the underscores)[/i][/size][/align]
[align=center][size=150][background=#757575][color=#757575]______________________________________________________________________________________________[/color][/background][/size][/align]

[box][align=justify][size=125][i]1: General Nation Information[/i][/size][/align]

[list][b][ 1a ][/b] Shortened name of nation:
[b][ 1b ][/b] Political Ideology:
[b][ 1c ][/b] Reigning monarch (If there is no monarch, put N/A) :
[b][ 1d ][/b] Government Type:
[b][ 1e ][/b] Head of Government:
[size=75][i](In reference to Prime Minister, Chancellor or equivalent)[/i][/size][/list]

[list][b][ 1f ][/b] Notable Colonial Holdings (If any) :[/list][/box]

[box][align=justify][size=125][i]2: Changes to history (Remember the 25 year leeway for this, you can't change any event that's older than 25 years)[/i][/size][/align]

[align=center][size=85][i](This is your cue to right down anything that you wish to change about the history of your nation, within reason of course... Please refer yourself to the section that explains the limits on historical changes under the heading of [b]How Alternate History can this RP get?[/b])[/i][/size][/align][/box]

[box][align=justify][size=125][i]3: (Optional) Discord[/i][/size][/align]

[list][b][ 3a ][/b] Do you have a Discord profile? :
[b][ 3b ][/b] Are you interested in joining the Discord for the roleplay (If the previous answer was yes) :[/list][/box]

[size=85][i](Remember that you can delete anything that's in brackets, and that it is actively encouraged that you do so for a streamlined application... [b]Historical changes are completely optional[/b])[/i][/size]

Owner: The Realm of Hyrule
Moderators:

(The Batavia)
The Federation of Australasia (Hypron)
The Russian Empire (Ovstylap)

Accepted Nations (And their roleplayers)

The Austro-Hungarian Empire (The Realm of Hyrule)
The Russian Empire (Ovstylap)
The Great Qing (Orostan)
United States of America (New Provenance)
Kingdom of the Netherlands (The Pearl River)
The Kingdom of France (Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States)
Kingdom of Greece (Sao Nova Europa)
The Colony of Indochina (Chrystle)
Republic of Cuba (Deblar)
Kingdom of Romania (Yaruqo)
Empire of Brazil (Arvenia)
Federation of Australasia (Hypron)
Empire of Japan (TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON)
German Empire (Mifan)
Kingdom of Portugal (Jovuistan)
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (The Manticoran Empire)
Kingdom of Italy (Derika)

Last edited by The Realm of Hyrule on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 50 times in total.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:42 am

- VOID -
Last edited by The Realm of Hyrule on Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanovereich
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanovereich » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 am

The grand country, known as:

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1: General Nation Information

[ 1a ] Shortened name of nation: Great Britain, UK, United Kingdom, Britain, Albion, England, Anglia, Britannia, Britanniae....
    [ 1b ] Political Ideology: Tories Conservatism
    [ 1c ] Reigning monarch (If there is no monarch, put N/A) : Edward VII
    [ 1d ] Government Type: Uh, prime minister-monarch-thingy Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
    [ 1e ] Head of Government: Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury

[ 1f ] Notable Colonial Holdings (If any) :
This is the British Empire. Make your mind up. Raj, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK proper

2: Changes to history
Edward VII gets to the throne a couple of years before he actually did.
Last edited by Hanovereich on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:06 am

Hello Hanovereich, thank you for taking interest in the RP!
So, in terms of Edward VII coming to the throne in 1900 instead of 1901, what's the justification for that by chance? Did Victoria pass away sooner?

Thanks for your response in advance
Last edited by The Realm of Hyrule on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hanovereich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanovereich » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:07 am

The Realm of Hyrule wrote:

Hello Hanovereich, thank you for taking interest in the RP!
So, in terms of Edward VII coming to the throne in 1900 instead of 1901, what's the justification for that by chance? Did Victoria pass away sooner?

Thanks for your response in advance

Yes, Victoria just died a little sooner.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:10 am

Hanovereich wrote:Yes, Victoria just died a little sooner.

Very well, that's completely plausible...
Is there anything else regarding history that I need to know, or was that it? If so, I can probably accept your application because after all, I don't really see anything amiss with it.

Hanovereich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanovereich » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:12 am

Hanovereich wrote:Yes, Victoria just died a little sooner.

Very well, that's completely plausible...
Is there anything else regarding history that I need to know, or was that it? If so, I can probably accept your application because after all, I don't really see anything amiss with it.

That's pretty much it, really.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:14 am

Hanovereich wrote:That's pretty much it, really

Very cool! Simple and to the point, there's nothing at all wrong with that...
I can accept you application then, and reserve your place as the U.K

And if you're interested in the Discord, feel free to join as well! It's fully set up, just waiting for some members
No pressure at all though, Discord's not needed for this.

Hypron
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:55 am

Dai Nippon Teikoku (Empire of Japan)

[ 1a ] Shortened name of nation: Japan
    [ 1b ] Political Ideology: Conservative
    [ 1c ] Reigning monarch: Kinjō Heika Meiji (Emperor Meiji)
    [ 1d ] Government Type: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
    [ 1e ] Head of Government: Count Yamagata Aritomo, Prime Minister of the Empire of Japan

[ 1f ] Notable Colonial Holdings: Taiwan, Korea, Liaoning Peninsula

2: Changes to history (Remember the 25 year leeway for this, you can't change any event that's older than 25 years)

In the peace treaty for the First Sino-Japanese War, the Empire of Japan pushed for much harsher peace terms for the Joseon Kingdom and the Qing Empire. (The Joseon Kingdom will be puppeted by the Empire of Japan, similar to Manchukuo in the 30s, the Liaoning Peninsula and Formosa will be annexed by the Japanese Empire, Tianjin would be occupied by the Japanese Empire, the Qing will pay Japan way indemnities of up to 300,000,000 Kuping taels, and the Qing Empire would open up more Legation Quarters for the Western Powers.) While France, Germany, and Russia were unhappy with the treaty terms, only Russia presented an ultimatum to the Japanese Empire to withdraw from the Liaoning Peninsula, with France and the Kaiserreich content with extended profits from the Legation Cities. Japan would refuse to concede to the Russian Empire.
Last edited by Hypron on Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:35 am

Hypron wrote:
2: Changes to history (Remember the 25 year leeway for this, you can't change any event that's older than 25 years)

In the peace treaty for the First Sino-Japanese War, the Empire of Japan pushed for much harsher peace terms for the Joseon Kingdom and the Qing Empire. (The Joseon Kingdom will be annexed into the Empire of Japan, the Liaoning Peninsula and Formosa will be annexed by the Japanese Empire, Tianjin would be occupied by the Japanese Empire, the Qing will pay Japan way indemnities of up to 300,000,000 Kuping taels, and the Qing Empire would open up more Legation Quarters for the Western Powers.) While France, Germany, and Russia were unhappy with the treaty terms, only Russia presented an ultimatum to the Japanese Empire to withdraw from the Liaoning Peninsula, with France and the Kaiserreich content with extended profits from the Legation Cities. Japan would refuse to concede to the Russian Empire.

Thanks for the submission, Hypron!
Anyways, I wanted to talk about the history change you had asked for... I'm happy with the annexation of Formosa and Liaoning, not to mention the extended legation city terms stipulated by a harsher treaty, I'm not about the complete annexation of the Joseon Kingdom straight off the bat... It seems a little unreasonable that even after a large defeat by Japan that Korea would submit to annexation...
Anyways, I'm not totally against it...

What if the annexation of Korea was changed to something similar to how Manchukuo operated during the 30's? With the Joseon Dynasty still de jure on the map, but the King is simply a figurehead whilst every other function would be managed by Tokyo? This would also open up avenues for perhaps the complete annexation during the events of the RP, or even a change in history through alternate methods of securing Korean subjugation?
As for the occupation of Tianjin, I think that's alright...
_____________________________________The Princessdom of Hyrule_____________________________________
_____________________________________The Princessdom of Hyrule_____________________________________

The Princessdom of Hyrule. A fanfiction based on the Legend of Zelda :: Twilight Princess that takes place half a decade after the conclusion of the game. A new caste of Hyruleans, no less the newly built army resent the old Guard and Princess-Sovereign Zelda for the surrender of the realm to the Twilight and the weakness of Hyrule from invasion...

Meanwhile, the Zora worry greatly about the militarization of Hyrule, and the Goron less so due to the Economic stranglehold of the Rupee of which they have as leverage.

________.QnA (In construction)__.______
__________.About the user__________

Never again shall Hyrule fall, and never again shall we sully the name of Hylia under our weakness!

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 am

Hypron wrote:

In the peace treaty for the First Sino-Japanese War, the Empire of Japan pushed for much harsher peace terms for the Joseon Kingdom and the Qing Empire. (The Joseon Kingdom will be annexed into the Empire of Japan, the Liaoning Peninsula and Formosa will be annexed by the Japanese Empire, Tianjin would be occupied by the Japanese Empire, the Qing will pay Japan way indemnities of up to 300,000,000 Kuping taels, and the Qing Empire would open up more Legation Quarters for the Western Powers.) While France, Germany, and Russia were unhappy with the treaty terms, only Russia presented an ultimatum to the Japanese Empire to withdraw from the Liaoning Peninsula, with France and the Kaiserreich content with extended profits from the Legation Cities. Japan would refuse to concede to the Russian Empire.

Thanks for the submission, Hypron!
Anyways, I wanted to talk about the history change you had asked for... I'm happy with the annexation of Formosa and Liaoning, not to mention the extended legation city terms stipulated by a harsher treaty, I'm not about the complete annexation of the Joseon Kingdom straight off the bat... It seems a little unreasonable that even after a large defeat by Japan that Korea would submit to annexation...
Anyways, I'm not totally against it...

What if the annexation of Korea was changed to something similar to how Manchukuo operated during the 30's? With the Joseon Dynasty still de jure on the map, but the King is simply a figurehead whilst every other function would be managed by Tokyo? This would also open up avenues for perhaps the complete annexation during the events of the RP, or even a change in history through alternate methods of securing Korean subjugation?
As for the occupation of Tianjin, I think that's alright...

Hmm, I can work with that.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:51 am

Hypron wrote:Hmm, I can work with that.

Not a problem...
By any means, I'm open to discussion if you need to make it, so feel free if you want to do so!

Gimme a few and I'll get around to accepting your application! Thanks for your interest.

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:02 pm

The German Empire

[ 1a ] Shortened name of nation: Germany
    [ 1b ] Political Ideology: Conservative
    [ 1c ] Reigning monarch: Kaiser Wilhelm II
    [ 1d ] Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
    [ 1e ] Head of Government: Chancellor Chlodwig Carl Viktor, Prince of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst

[ 1f ] Notable Colonial Holdings: Burundi, Cameroon, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Togo in Africa. New Guinea, Jiaozhou Bay and several Micronesian islands in Asia.

Well, let's just say that the general German common folk is starting to dislike the monarchy, to say the least. The liberal ideals of the German Nationalist movement of 1848 are starting to resurface. Hell, even some of the younger government officials and military officers are starting to gain sympathy for this growing resentment.
Last edited by The Batavia on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 pm

The Batavia wrote:-snip

Thanks for the submission The Batavia! I see nothing wrong with it, so you're accepted...
I'm interested to see how this "liberalism" thing will play out when the RP starts in earnest!

The Princessdom of Hyrule. A fanfiction based on the Legend of Zelda :: Twilight Princess that takes place half a decade after the conclusion of the game. A new caste of Hyruleans, no less the newly built army resent the old Guard and Princess-Sovereign Zelda for the surrender of the realm to the Twilight and the weakness of Hyrule from invasion...

Meanwhile, the Zora worry greatly about the militarization of Hyrule, and the Goron less so due to the Economic stranglehold of the Rupee of which they have as leverage.

Never again shall Hyrule fall, and never again shall we sully the name of Hylia under our weakness!

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:20 pm

We have a basically IRL British Empire, besides the Monarch, a much more expansionist Dai Nippon Teikoku, at least with regards to screwing over the Chinese, and a liberalizing Deutsches Kaiserreich. What could possibly go wrong?
Last edited by Hypron on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Hypron wrote:We have a basically IRL British Empire, besides the Monarch, a much more expansionist Dai Nippon Teikoku, at least with regards to screwing over the Qing, and a liberalizing Deutsches Kaiserreich. What could possibly go wrong?

Absolutely nothing :trollge:
I'm sure the world won't just burn alive even more than OTL

Oh yeah, you don't have a discord by chance do you Hypron?
Last edited by The Realm of Hyrule on Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:56 pm

Hypron wrote:We have a basically IRL British Empire, besides the Monarch, a much more expansionist Dai Nippon Teikoku, at least with regards to screwing over the Qing, and a liberalizing Deutsches Kaiserreich. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah, I do.

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017

Postby The Batavia » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Hypron wrote:

Yeah, I do.

We'd love to have you there. There is a link on the OP in case you didn't notice yet
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:18 pm

The Batavia wrote:
Hypron wrote:Yeah, I do.

We'd love to have you there. There is a link on the OP in case you didn't notice yet

Done. Now, if you'll pardon me. I have Boxer Rebellion Invasion of China planning to do.

The Grene Knyght
Minister

Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Trying to decide if I have time to join another RP.....

I noticed there's already a United Kingdom of Britain and Ireland app, but would it be possible to play as Ireland under the British, maybe reworking history slightly so that home rule has been achieved. I don't have a full history worked out but maybe a slightly more successful Irish Parliamentary Party could see the Home Rule bill passing the House of Lords in 1893 (IRL it passed the house of commons but failed at house of lords). After that ICly work towards some form of real independence
Last edited by The Grene Knyght on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food
Claorica wrote:Oh look, an antifa ancom being smartaleck
Old Tyrannia wrote:Bold words from the self-declared Leninist
Currently
Reading
2015: x=-8.75,y=-6.56
2016: x=-8.88,y=-9.54
2017: x=-9.63,y=-9.90
2018: x=-9.88,y=-9.23
2019: x=-10.0,y=-9.90
2020: x=-10.0,y=-10.0
2021: x=-10.0,y=-10.0

PRO: Socialism, Communism, Internationalism, Revolution, Leninism.
NEUTRAL: Anarchism, Marxism-Leninism.
ANTI: Capitalism, Liberalism, Nationalism, Fascists, Hyper-Sectarian Leftists.
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 pm

The Grene Knyght wrote:Trying to decide if I have time to join another RP.....

I noticed there's already a United Kingdom of Britain and Ireland app, but would it be possible to play as Ireland under the British, maybe reworking history slightly so that home rule has been achieved. I don't have a full history worked out but maybe a slightly more successful Irish Parliamentary Party could see the Home Rule bill passing the House of Lords in 1893 (IRL it passed the house of commons but failed at house of lords). After that ICly work towards some form of real independence

You're going to have to discuss that with both myself and Hanovereich when we both find the time to be online... I'm not sure if I want to include potential independent parties or movements or the such in this though, but if we get something working between the three of us I'm always willing to make compromises.

Ovstylap
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Russia Application

Postby Ovstylap » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:50 pm

Imperial Russia

[ 1a ] Shortened name of nation: Russia
    [ 1b ] Political Ideology: Absolutism
    [ 1c ] Reigning monarch: Tsar Nicholas II
    [ 1d ] Government Type: Absolutist Monarchy
    [ 1e ] Head of Government: Ivan Nikolayevich Durnovo

The Russian Empire is broadly the same as in OTL, however the Tsar has formed a closer relationship with Konstantin Petrovich Pobedonostsev, Ober-Procurator of the Most Holy Synod (essentially a layman supervisor of the Russian Orthodox Church). The monarchy and Orthodox Church have formed a marginally greater relationship than in OTL, reinforcing the Tsar's self-conception of being appointed by God. [/b])

3: (Optional) Discord

[ 3a ] Do you have a Discord profile? : Yes, it is Tinned Bread, I shall join and rename myself to Ovstylap.
    [ 3b ] Are you interested in joining the Discord for the roleplay (If the previous answer was yes) :
Last edited by Ovstylap on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Ovstylap wrote:-snip

Thanks for your interest and application Ovstylap!
Your history change is pretty minor and fine to me, though with the whole God ordained right, Nicholas II has a lot of work cut out for him...

Anyways, I see no problems here, I might as well get you in :)

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:57 pm

Well, time to start planning to defend Korea...

The Realm of Hyrule
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of Hyrule » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:11 pm

Right, you know what? I'm just going to ditch Denmark and go with my original plan... Gimme a minute

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse