NATION

PASSWORD

Cosmos Of Terror Episode 1 (Urban Fantasy Reboot) (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:27 am

Flarbinia wrote:The Alley Behind Alan's Apartment
Agent Forelli used his mind to open the left side door and pull Alan McDonald and his luggage into the car, the door automatically closed as he stepped on the pedal. "You were attacked by Artificial Vampires and survived. As far as their creator is concerned, you know too much. You can never go home now. With a target on your back, the only way to get it off of you is for the world to think you are dead. Division 16 can make it happen once we arrive at headquarters, Agent Alan. With any luck, the Mad Scientist will turn his attention to more important matters than some grocery store worker from Scotland." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he drove down the street, keeping his speed slow enough to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

Unknown Location, The Pacific
Inside a marble chamber, a Demonic hand reached out from the shadows and picked up a phone. "Did you retrieve the Sun Dial? It's not at the Clock Tower. Disappointing, but I'm not surprised. A God Of Time can have some very powerful relics at his disposal. If it is not at his residence, he must've hidden it in a location that he would trust only to a select few. No. You won't be heading back to New York. Judging by what I can see from my diamond ball, your failure brought down a lot of heat. I will have to hire someone else. While I am willing to reward you for providing me with such important information, I will still need to punish you for your failure. Enjoy having twenty-four years out of Hell instead of the thirty-three I was going to give to you and your brother." The Demon Who Sits In Shadow said to the Slasher on the other end of the line as he waved his free hand, souls leaving a jar and heading towards California.

"I was attacked by artificial vampires? Yeah right. In my backpack I have this sun dial thing but maybe I can melt them away showing them the sun. Not the first time people thought I was dead.", Alan McDonald replied. "I can never go home. Like my apartment is full of treasures. The Mad scientist might want some of those but luckily I have that sun dial thing which I had all my life."

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:48 am

Flarbinia wrote:Detective David continued heading up the stairs until he heard a groan from the other side of a nearby door. "Get the paramedics up here. We've got a live one." David said over his radio as he entered the room, the floor covered with bullet casings, bloodstains, and the recently deceased. He searched cubicle by cubicle with his pistol drawn, the walls covered in bullet holes. He heard the groan again and headed to the last cubicle of the ninth row, someone laying on the floor, the hole in the cubicle wall indicating that the man had been tossed through it by one of the attackers. The paramedics arrived shortly after that. "Looks like one of the employees survived this massacre. I'll be asking him questions once he recovers enough." David said to the Paramedics as they approached him, seeing the injured man. "Why didn't you take the elevator? It would've been faster than heading up sixteen flights of stairs." One of the paramedics said to the detective as he loaded him onto a stretcher. "Ask him." Detective David said in an annoyed tone as he pointed to the corpse of a mechanic, tools clutched in his hand, the panel for the elevator still open. Once the employee was being carried downstairs, Switch approached the cubicle, used the tongs to pick up a piece of black leather that was dangling from a piece of cubicle, and place it in a plastic bag. "Looks like one of the attackers thought Hellraiser is in fashion. We might have to visit one of the local shops." David said to Switch as he looked at the piece of leather. "The boys in the lab should be able to determine who bought it, assuming that the killer put it on without wearing gloves." Switch replied, David heading upstairs to talk to the owner.

After a few hours, he reached the top floor, seeing a clean shaven 5 Foot 5 man with clock style patterns on his clothes, the expense of his clothes implying that he was the owner of this tourist attraction. He stopped for a few minutes to catch his breath, then cleared his throat to speak. "Detective David. NYPD. I need to ask you a few questions about the recent mass murder that occurred here." David said to the owner of the Clock Tower as he took out his pen and notepad.

"Well four men broke into our home and killed my secretary, an innocent young girl by the way." Chronos' jaw clenched subtly as he spoke about the murders, clearly trying to compose himself as befitting an ancient deity of Time and not screaming the place down around him. "Then they assaulted my wife and I while we were having dinner, having murdered a bunch of my workers. They wanted a sun-dial from me, which I'd never keep here but they probably wished to sell it on the black market. It's a very old family heirloom, you know." He didn't reveal the full significance behind the sundial, that wasn't something that mundanes needed to concern themselves with.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Detective David Interviews The Clock Tower Owner

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:47 pm

"Can you describe them for me? The sooner we get an APB out, the sooner we can catch these bastards before they kill again. One of your employees is in the ER right now. Considering how easily they tore through your security detail, he'll be lucky if he makes it through the night." Detective David said to the owner of the clock tower as he wrote down the details. While antiques were valuable, stealing one is a gamble, as the most profitable ones, like stolen art, are worthless unless you know the right guy. The fact that the men who had cut a swath of destruction through the clock tower to get their hands on a sun dial meant that they were hired to acquire it by a wealthy client. One that didn't want to leave any reliable witnesses. However, they had failed to eliminate the owner, meaning that the precinct can ID them and with the evidence against them, it would be an open-and-shut case for the DA, the resulting conviction allowing the Mayor to appear tough on crime to the voters. Not that Detective David cared about such things. There were killers on the loose and he needed to find out as much about them as he could from the owner.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Forelli And Alan Arrive At Headquarters

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Agent Forelli reached out with his mind, sensing nothing from the Sun Dial. Wanting to be sure, he used his mind to retrieve the Sun Dial from the bag and place it in his hands, inspecting it for a few seconds before handing it back to Alan McDonald. "It's cheap plastic. The kind factories use to make those little Statues Of Liberty that are sold to tourists. Other than sentimental value, there's nothing special about it." Agent Forelli said to Alan as they headed into a body shop, the door closing behind them as the lights went out. A worker pushed a button, a green wall of light moving over the car before vanishing. The platform descended into a tunnel, the concrete closing behind them. Agent Forelli floored it as soon as the platform came to a complete stop, flames spewing out the tailpipe. After a few hours, they arrived at a gate, a bright blue light being emitted from a scanner as it searched the car for contraband. Once the security scan was completed, the gate opened, the car heading inside. "Decontamination Procedure Beginning! Please Wait Until The Light Turns Green!" A female computer voice said to Agent Forelli and Alan as gas began to fill the room, the sun roof of Forelli's car automatically opening. Within a few minutes, the gas had dispersed, Forelli driving forward before stopping at a guard post. "That the Scotsman you told the higher ups about?" The security guard asked Agent Forelli as he stared at the X-Ray scanner, the images on the screen confirming that both Forelli and Alan were human. "One and the same, Marcus." Agent Forelli said to the security guard, the man pushing the button to open the security door, the car slowly driving into the parking garage. "Sorry about the security measures, but a secret entrance to a secret base is worthless if anyone can use it. Especially for an agency as secret as Division 16." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he drove up the ramp and parked his vehicle in his designated spot.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:45 am

Flarbinia wrote:Agent Forelli reached out with his mind, sensing nothing from the Sun Dial. Wanting to be sure, he used his mind to retrieve the Sun Dial from the bag and place it in his hands, inspecting it for a few seconds before handing it back to Alan McDonald. "It's cheap plastic. The kind factories use to make those little Statues Of Liberty that are sold to tourists. Other than sentimental value, there's nothing special about it." Agent Forelli said to Alan as they headed into a body shop, the door closing behind them as the lights went out. A worker pushed a button, a green wall of light moving over the car before vanishing. The platform descended into a tunnel, the concrete closing behind them. Agent Forelli floored it as soon as the platform came to a complete stop, flames spewing out the tailpipe. After a few hours, they arrived at a gate, a bright blue light being emitted from a scanner as it searched the car for contraband. Once the security scan was completed, the gate opened, the car heading inside. "Decontamination Procedure Beginning! Please Wait Until The Light Turns Green!" A female computer voice said to Agent Forelli and Alan as gas began to fill the room, the sun roof of Forelli's car automatically opening. Within a few minutes, the gas had dispersed, Forelli driving forward before stopping at a guard post. "That the Scotsman you told the higher ups about?" The security guard asked Agent Forelli as he stared at the X-Ray scanner, the images on the screen confirming that both Forelli and Alan were human. "One and the same, Marcus." Agent Forelli said to the security guard, the man pushing the button to open the security door, the car slowly driving into the parking garage. "Sorry about the security measures, but a secret entrance to a secret base is worthless if anyone can use it. Especially for an agency as secret as Division 16." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he drove up the ramp and parked his vehicle in his designated spot.

"Yes cheap plastic. It might have been a past McDonald's. Someone took the design and changed which followed up running it through a 3d printer. Indeed cheap plastic!", Alan McDonald replied.

Alan then caught sight of a man hiding in the far end during the first alcove in the parking garage. A man all covered up in a mask. Forelli seemed to not flinch as they parked in the designated spot. The masked man took off his mask as moved toward to greet Alan. He was tall skinny man of Asian descent. However stopping forward this asian man seem to appear quite a wealthy man as he exchanged words with Forelli from what he overheard something about the Valar Humana project, whatever that is it may be. He thought to himself its some super human creation project or human enhancer project.

"So hi there Mr. who ever what your name is sir?", Alan replied as he was trying to stay composed.
Last edited by Odinburgh on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 pm

"That is Raiden, the treasurer for Division 16. He is the one responsible for keeping this organization afloat. Without his financial genius, Division 16 would not have survived into the twenty-first century." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald, the treasurer simply bowing to Forelli in respect before leaving the parking area. "Head through that door and go down the hall, then turn to your right. The Orientation Room is the door with the Eye Of Horus on it. You can't miss it." Forelli said to Alan as he helped the Scotsman out of the car and pointed towards the door, drones straight out of science fiction hovering towards the car, one of them taking the backpack. "Don't worry about them. The little guys are harmless, so long as you let them do their job. Their job being to bring your luggage, including your gun and ammo, to your room." Forelli said as the drones headed into the back seat and picked up the suitcases, the Agent heading out of the parking garage.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:03 am

Flarbinia wrote:"Can you describe them for me? The sooner we get an APB out, the sooner we can catch these bastards before they kill again. One of your employees is in the ER right now. Considering how easily they tore through your security detail, he'll be lucky if he makes it through the night." Detective David said to the owner of the clock tower as he wrote down the details. While antiques were valuable, stealing one is a gamble, as the most profitable ones, like stolen art, are worthless unless you know the right guy. The fact that the men who had cut a swath of destruction through the clock tower to get their hands on a sun dial meant that they were hired to acquire it by a wealthy client. One that didn't want to leave any reliable witnesses. However, they had failed to eliminate the owner, meaning that the precinct can ID them and with the evidence against them, it would be an open-and-shut case for the DA, the resulting conviction allowing the Mayor to appear tough on crime to the voters. Not that Detective David cared about such things. There were killers on the loose and he needed to find out as much about them as he could from the owner.

"They were tall, heavily muscled, two of them had tattoos and wore business suits but all of them were armed with guns of some sort. They looked like some characters out of the Hitman games." Chronos said blandly, his mind immediately flashing to the young man in the hospital. "I should probably go visit him later on, see how he's doing."

Bramble and Malekith
"How are you, my beautiful bloodthirsty babies?!" Slender hands reached up to tenderly stroke giant orange and black petals, fanged maws where the pistils and stamens normally were now closed in contentment, a purr rumbling from the huge flower heads. It wasn’t the only strange plant around here, in fact it was a variable forest of plants that were hardly ever seen together in the natural world. Were it not for the glass walls surrounding them, one would be forgiven for assuming it were a forest.
“Don’t worry, I’ve got food for you…”
“Talking to your flowers again, husband dearest?” A frown marred the elf’s handsome features as he turned to face his uninvited companion, yet another elf. Long ebony hair spilled down this one’s back, in contrast to his husband’s silver. “If you must know, I’m tending to my tiger lilies. They haven’t eaten yet, and they’re awfully hungry…”
“Relax, flower. I just came to annoy you for potion ingredients.”

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:22 am

Ceystile wrote:"They were tall, heavily muscled, two of them had tattoos and wore business suits but all of them were armed with guns of some sort. They looked like some characters out of the Hitman games." Chronos said blandly, his mind immediately flashing to the young man in the hospital. "I should probably go visit him later on, see how he's doing."

"Thank you for your cooperation. I understand that you have a lot on your plate, so I'll leave you to your business." Detective David said to the owner of the Clock Tower as he wrote down the details, heading downstairs once he was done. "Did the owner get you any details?" Detective Switch asked Detective David. "Four tall bodybuilders. Two in business suits and have tattoos. That narrows down our search considerably." Detective David said to Switch. "We can narrow it down even further. I found a blood red boot print. Judging by its size, one of the killers wears size twenty-four shoes." Switch said to Dave, causing the other Detective to pause for a brief moment before continuing down the stairs. "The sooner this case gets wrapped up, the sooner we can get back to our usual investigations. Mass murders have too much media attention for my liking." David thought as he and Switch headed back to their car.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:16 am

Agent Forelli used his mind to open the left side door and pull Alan McDonald and his luggage into the car, the door automatically closed as he stepped on the pedal. "You were attacked by Artificial Vampires and survived. As far as their creator is concerned, you know too much. You can never go home now. With a target on your back, the only way to get it off of you is for the world to think you are dead. Division 16 can make it happen once we arrive at headquarters, Agent Alan. With any luck, the Mad Scientist will turn his attention to more important matters than some grocery store worker from Scotland." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he drove down the street, keeping his speed slow enough to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

Inside a marble chamber, a Demonic hand reached out from the shadows and picked up a phone. "Did you retrieve the Sun Dial? It's not at the Clock Tower. Disappointing, but I'm not surprised. A God Of Time can have some very powerful relics at his disposal. If it is not at his residence, he must've hidden it in a location that he would trust only to a select few. No. You won't be heading back to New York. Judging by what I can see from my diamond ball, your failure brought down a lot of heat. I will have to hire someone else. While I am willing to reward you for providing me with such important information, I will still need to punish you for your failure. Enjoy having twenty-four years out of Hell instead of the thirty-three I was going to give to you and your brother." The Demon Who Sits In Shadow said to the Slasher on the other end of the line as he waved his free hand, souls leaving a jar and heading towards California.

"Artificial vampires? This is getting strange. You not telling me everything. I think you know more about me than what you are not telling me. Might as well bring this up front. What happened to my parents? Just don't tell me I was born out of nothing and I appeared.", Alan replied.

He went back to open his book to a picture of a cave where there were crystals twinkling so bright. In the back of his mind he often pondered picking up spelunking as a hobby as if something down there was for him and just him alone searching for the one thing. Instead he had reach high and go in another direction which where he was today. Everyone told him when he grew up it was dangerous and what he would find he would not expect but only bring more pain.

Then Alan quickly replied before Forelli could speak. "Never mind. Maybe its best I don't know the truth right now. I will just whatever you want me to do right now. Perhaps the truth will reveal itself on its own."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:30 pm

"You've managed to pull me into your mind without training. Impressive, but we don't have time for this. Head to Orientation. They will explain your 'unique abilities' there." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald before he forced McDonald back into the real world. Once the drones had finished unloading the last of the luggage, a man in a black two piece suit approached Alan. "Follow me, McDonald. The sooner you get to Orientation, the sooner I can explain the great power wielded by you and the other recruits. Feel free to ask questions about Division 16, but don't expect me to answer any personal questions, McDonald. And for the love of god, refrain from pulling people into your mind until you have been properly trained. Otherwise, you could pull the wrong Psychic into your mind and die in it, leaving your body vulnerable to their manipulation and your mental energies to be absorbed like water splashed on a sponge." The Agent said to Alan as he motioned for him to follow him to the door.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:45 pm

Flarbinia wrote:"You've managed to pull me into your mind without training. Impressive, but we don't have time for this. Head to Orientation. They will explain your 'unique abilities' there." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald before he forced McDonald back into the real world. Once the drones had finished unloading the last of the luggage, a man in a black two piece suit approached Alan. "Follow me, McDonald. The sooner you get to Orientation, the sooner I can explain the great power wielded by you and the other recruits. Feel free to ask questions about Division 16, but don't expect me to answer any personal questions, McDonald. And for the love of god, refrain from pulling people into your mind until you have been properly trained. Otherwise, you could pull the wrong Psychic into your mind and die in it, leaving your body vulnerable to their manipulation and your mental energies to be absorbed like water splashed on a sponge." The Agent said to Alan as he motioned for him to follow him to the door.

"This must be where I go for my training at Hogwarts. Will I be joining Slytherin House? Joking on that one. I am not sure what to expect. So what should I expect?"

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:51 pm

"You have unique abilities. Abilities that some consider unnatural, for it is human instinct to fear that which it does not understand. Usually, these abilities manifest at puberty, but there are people who are unable to use their abilities until adulthood. They are called Late Bloomers. They are not as skilled as the average Psychic, but they make up for this with raw power. That is what you are. I'll go into more detail when Orientation begins. As for Division 16, not every Psychic here is assigned to field work. Some meditate in special chambers, searching for psychic phenomena and identifying psychic threats. Some work in the labs, improving our technology or analyzing strange objects with Psionic Auras. Some are assigned to training new recruits. And I am assigned to Orientation." The Agent said to McDonald as he escorted him out of the Parking Garage, the door opening to reveal a white hall, the bright lights and shiny walls contrasting the dimly lit steel and concrete of the parking garage. There were other Agents heading down the hall, some levitating over the floor, others walking. The Agent headed down the hall with Alan in tow, not wanting either of them to be late.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Flarbinia wrote:"You have unique abilities. Abilities that some consider unnatural, for it is human instinct to fear that which it does not understand. Usually, these abilities manifest at puberty, but there are people who are unable to use their abilities until adulthood. They are called Late Bloomers. They are not as skilled as the average Psychic, but they make up for this with raw power. That is what you are. I'll go into more detail when Orientation begins. As for Division 16, not every Psychic here is assigned to field work. Some meditate in special chambers, searching for psychic phenomena and identifying psychic threats. Some work in the labs, improving our technology or analyzing strange objects with Psionic Auras. Some are assigned to training new recruits. And I am assigned to Orientation." The Agent said to McDonald as he escorted him out of the Parking Garage, the door opening to reveal a white hall, the bright lights and shiny walls contrasting the dimly lit steel and concrete of the parking garage. There were other Agents heading down the hall, some levitating over the floor, others walking. The Agent headed down the hall with Alan in tow, not wanting either of them to be late.

"That explains a lot. Okay let's get on with it." Alan said as he was escorted.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Orientation At Division 16

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:12 am

The Agent used his mind to open the door to Orientation, the light shining off the symbol of the third eye. "Hello, everyone. This is Alan McDonald. He's the Late Bloomer you've been speculating about." The Agent said to the new recruits as he used his mind to pick up McDonald and place him in an empty seat. "Now that I have introduced the new recruit, it is time to introduce myself. I am Agent Connor. You may be asking yourselves why you are here. The answer is simple: Psychics exist and there is only one organization in the world with the training and ability to combat Psychic threats. Division 16 is that organization and you are the new recruits. Here, we will teach you how to harness your unique gifts, to properly utilize your powers against would-be foes, to use your minds as sword and shield to defend mankind from rogue Psychics and all manner of psychic phenomena. I cannot tell a lie. The road ahead will not be easy. You will be pushed to your limits; you will endure fatigue; you will face enemies that would cause most men to go over the deep end and enter their minds to strike at them. You will endure the nightmares, doubts, and regrets of those you will face during your mission. You will face his demons and your own. You will do all of that and not only survive, but triumph." The Agent said to the new recruits.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:15 pm

"Okay let me try this. I am going to eat the cheese burger and....oh shit!" Alan said as he fell out of his chair.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:09 am

Odinburgh wrote:"Okay let me try this. I am going to eat the cheese burger and....oh shit!" Alan said as he fell out of his chair.

"Mister Alan McDonald. Stop trying to be a class clown. Being an agent of Division 16 is serious business. The dangers you will face are real. The foes you will face can destroy you if you underestimate them. And if you die, you're not going to be coming back. Hell, Psychics don't even go to Heaven or hell or any conventional afterlife when they kick the proverbial bucket. Now that we have finished Orientation, you and the others will be heading to the Training Area. everyone will be divided into groups of ten, each with a mentor assigned to it. Since this is your first day, you will only be taught the basics. Some of your group will begin learning more advanced techniques by next week, while others will take a month. Let's hope your skill in the use of Psychic powers are better than your piss poor attempts at comedy." Agent Connor said to McDonald as he used his mind to get the Scotsman back into his seat.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:"Okay let me try this. I am going to eat the cheese burger and....oh shit!" Alan said as he fell out of his chair.

"Mister Alan McDonald. Stop trying to be a class clown. Being an agent of Division 16 is serious business. The dangers you will face are real. The foes you will face can destroy you if you underestimate them. And if you die, you're not going to be coming back. Hell, Psychics don't even go to Heaven or hell or any conventional afterlife when they kick the proverbial bucket. Now that we have finished Orientation, you and the others will be heading to the Training Area. everyone will be divided into groups of ten, each with a mentor assigned to it. Since this is your first day, you will only be taught the basics. Some of your group will begin learning more advanced techniques by next week, while others will take a month. Let's hope your skill in the use of Psychic powers are better than your piss poor attempts at comedy." Agent Connor said to McDonald as he used his mind to get the Scotsman back into his seat.

"Okay! I will do better. I tried the comedy club circuit briefly after high school but I see your point as to why. I will just eat my burger and shut up.", Alan replied. "I hope my psychic powers are better. I rather not end up like Miss Cleo."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:28 pm

"You're the genuine article, not a performer who was hired to play a character by a TV network that exploited people for their own gain. Not to mention that Youree Dell Harris, who played Miss Cleo, moved onto other projects thanks to her fame. Now, finish your cheeseburger and head to Basic Training. We have a schedule to keep and The Administrator will be pissed if a single recruit shows up late again. I hope you have what it takes to endure the advanced set. Basci training is " Agent Connor said to Alan McDonald as the recruits got up and began heading out the door. Once the last of Alan's burger had been eaten, Connor used his mind to get Alan McDonald out of his seat.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Flarbinia wrote:"You're the genuine article, not a performer who was hired to play a character by a TV network that exploited people for their own gain. Not to mention that Youree Dell Harris, who played Miss Cleo, moved onto other projects thanks to her fame. Now, finish your cheeseburger and head to Basic Training. We have a schedule to keep and The Administrator will be pissed if a single recruit shows up late again. I hope you have what it takes to endure the advanced set. Basci training is " Agent Connor said to Alan McDonald as the recruits got up and began heading out the door. Once the last of Alan's burger had been eaten, Connor used his mind to get Alan McDonald out of his seat.

"Alright I am ready for the trials." Alan replied. He grabbed his things nearby and was ready to go where they were going to take him if it was not here or nearby room at the current location. Shortly before some some officials confiscated his computer and promised to return as soon as they finished as they put it "scan and put new software on it".

Then he headed to basic training as the men pointed the direction where to go and he was there along with maybe ten so far that shown up also. Not really sure if more were coming or not.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:16 pm

"Welcome to Basic Training. For the rest of the week, you will learn the basics: how to use your mind to push and pull and crush objects, to create flames with your mind and shoot them at people, to levitate things with your mind, to sense danger, and to redirect incoming attacks. Only when you have mastered all of those abilities can you head to the Chamber of Excruciating Pain for your Advanced Training. And yes, Oleg's training methods are that harsh, but you will have to endure them if you wish to see combat, as the techniques he will be teaching are very dangerous and can possibly kill you. The Late Bloomer's group is going to be trained by Agent Nolan for the duration of Basic training." A woman covered from head to toe in high tech body armor said to the new recruits before turning to Alan, her face concealed by her helmet. "Agent Nolan is a strict instructor, but so long as you make progress on your training, you shouldn't have to worry too much about that." The woman said to Alan McDonald before ushering his group into the middle room.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 pm

"I understand the vampires part. Hopefully you can replace my laptop and clothes. Will I be given a new name or something now everyone must think I am dead? Could care less about my home as I moved around a lot. That's why I always felt an emptiness which I can surely hope you can understood. This new path I hope it brings meaning and a purpose. Mister Forelli I am ready for this next chapter.", Alan replied. "That mad scientist surely has his work cut out. I just hope there is light at the end of the tunnel."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Basic Training Begins

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:52 pm

"Please refrain from entering another person's mind for the remainder of Basic Training." An authoritative male voice said to Alan McDonald as the Scotsman was brought back to reality, a brief hum heard in the distance. "That noise, new recruits, is the activation of a Psionic Nullification Array. At low power, it prevents psychic communication with anyone outside the room and limits you to your basic powers. Attack me without orders and I will not hesitate to set it to full Power." The instructor said to the new recruits as he stared at them. "I am Agent Nolan and as the security guard outside told you, I will be your instructor for the duration of Basic Training. She has already told you what I will teach, so without further ado, it is time for a demonstration." Agent Nolan said to the new recruits before turning his attention to Alan McDonald. "Alan, use your mind to pick up that can and throw it at me." Agent Nolan said to Alan as he pointed to an empty soda can on a nearby crate.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:20 am

Flarbinia wrote:"Please refrain from entering another person's mind for the remainder of Basic Training." An authoritative male voice said to Alan McDonald as the Scotsman was brought back to reality, a brief hum heard in the distance. "That noise, new recruits, is the activation of 0a Psionic Nullification Array. At low power, it prevents psychic communication with anyone outside the room and limits you to your basic powers. Attack me without orders and I will not hesitate to set it to full Power." The instructor said to the new recruits as he stared at them. "I am Agent Nolan and as the security guard outside told you, I will be your instructor for the duration of Basic Training. She has already told you what I will teach, so without further ado, it is time for a demonstration." Agent Nolan said to the new recruits before turning his attention to Alan McDonald. "Alan, use your mind to pick up that can and throw it at me." Agent Nolan said to Alan as he pointed to an empty soda can on a nearby crate.

Alan carefully focused on the axe for a few moments. The axe started to move slightly. Again he refocused which the axe moved some more. He was starting to have a lack of concentration when his mind went adrift and then with a quick refocus the axe flew straight at Agent Nolan sharply. Agent Nolan quickly grabbed the axe luckily. Alan realized the target was an empty soda can on a crate, not Agent Nolan's head. Alan knew that he would definitely need more practice but it was a good start to begin with.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:57 pm

"Thank you, Alan, but I didn't tell you to pick up the fire ax and throw it. However, since you've demonstrated how to pick up an object with your mind and toss it at someone, we're just going to move onto the next lesson." Agent Nolan said to Alan before he dropped the fire ax to the floor. "Flores. Pick up that ax and pull it to your hand with your mind. Star Wars style." Agent Nolan said to a female recruit, the woman easily picking up the ax and bringing it to her hand before tossing it at the empty soda can on top of the crate, perfectly cleaving it in two, the now damaged fire ax falling harmlessly to the floor. "A little excessive, but you did what I told you before you threw it at the can." Agent Nolan said to Flores as he turned his attention back to Alan. "Now, Alan. I need you to demonstrate how to crush objects with your mind. Concentrate on the crate until the five-foot-thick reinforced titanium is as crumpled as a pile of tin cans that have been pulled out of a car compactor and tossed into another car compactor." Agent Nolan said to Alan as he pointed towards the crate.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:16 am

Flarbinia wrote:"Thank you, Alan, but I didn't tell you to pick up the fire ax and throw it. However, since you've demonstrated how to pick up an object with your mind and toss it at someone, we're just going to move onto the next lesson." Agent Nolan said to Alan before he dropped the fire ax to the floor. "Flores. Pick up that ax and pull it to your hand with your mind. Star Wars style." Agent Nolan said to a female recruit, the woman easily picking up the ax and bringing it to her hand before tossing it at the empty soda can on top of the crate, perfectly cleaving it in two, the now damaged fire ax falling harmlessly to the floor. "A little excessive, but you did what I told you before you threw it at the can." Agent Nolan said to Flores as he turned his attention back to Alan. "Now, Alan. I need you to demonstrate how to crush objects with your mind. Concentrate on the crate until the five-foot-thick reinforced titanium is as crumpled as a pile of tin cans that have been pulled out of a car compactor and tossed into another car compactor." Agent Nolan said to Alan as he pointed towards the crate.

It wasn't long before the can was crushed on top of the crate and then he showed to Agent Nolan. "One crushed can, sir. I never knew I had these abilities."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse