NATION

PASSWORD

Paragon Industries (OOC - Comedy / Tech / Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:38 am

Anyone want to reply to Tom Harrison?
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:15 am

Talchyon wrote:Anyone want to reply to Tom Harrison?

How far does the can fly? I can edit it into my post if nothing else.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:00 am

Barapam wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Anyone want to reply to Tom Harrison?

How far does the can fly? I can edit it into my post if nothing else.

As far as it needs to, to hit someone.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 am

Ok, I'll see what I can come up with, but if anyone's ready to go ahead instead of me feel free.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Better late than never, I guess. Made an edit, with a small cliffhanger.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 am

Guys - I will be posting later today. Sunday was super involved for me, so much so that it wiped me out yesterday. Today I'll move things along.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:33 am

since everyone's doing second characters

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial

Name: Karl Ivanovich Petrov

Species: human

Sex male

Personality: On the surface, he's the stereotypical semi-drunk Russian guy. However, he's actually got OCD, and is very much a neat freak. He follows safety procedures to he letter and is sometimes too careful, unlike his colleagues. He makes frequent pop culture references to "American films and television".

Skills/Powers: he is pretty normal in that regard, but has an eye for detail. He is also strangely immune to large doses of radiation.

Weaknesses namely, speaking English properly, he's no genius either. Not anymore, that is.

Occupation: he is the jack-of-all-trades, factory foreman, sales rep, acquisitions manager, and plumber.

Bio: Born in the Soviet Union, he displayed a remarkable intellect and eventually worked at the Soviet space program until 1991. After that, he came to America to see if he could find work, and a young Paragon Industries hired him as a maintenance worker. He rose the ranks until reaching his current position.

Why Are They Here?: He's been here so long, it's become home. Also he can't find another good job.

Character Goal: To make the world a better place, and maybe not die trying.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: his Walkman that he always listens to, and a brick phone.

Likes and Dislikes: he likes vodka, and classic films/TV, he dislikes being called "Borat".

Other: Korbeiniki, also known as the song from Tetris.
Last edited by Nova Catania on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:49 pm

Nova Catania wrote:since everyone's doing second characters

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial

Name: Karl Ivanovich Petrov

Sex male

-snip-

Nice, Nova. I have no idea what a brick phone is but I am interested to find out. Karl Ivanovich Petrov is ACCEPTED! Welcome (again) to Paragon Industries!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 pm

Talchyon wrote: I have no idea what a brick phone is but I am interested to find out.

You know, a brick phone. Those old, old, old school giant cell phones from like the 80s.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Talchyon wrote: I have no idea what a brick phone is but I am interested to find out.

You know, a brick phone. Those old, old, old school giant cell phones from like the 80s.

Like the ones that came connected to a box?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:You know, a brick phone. Those old, old, old school giant cell phones from like the 80s.

Like the ones that came connected to a box?

Mhmm.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Talchyon wrote:Guys - I will be posting later today. Sunday was super involved for me, so much so that it wiped me out yesterday. Today I'll move things along.

I have started my post, but will have to finish it in the morning. Until then.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:39 am

Ok guys. Post is up. Sorry for the delay.

I think if there are no objections, we may be moving ahead to the morning after in the IC, so as the OSHE safety inspector can come to make the inspection visit. If there's something you want to finish up before, though, by all means. I'll move forward when everyone's ready.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:09 pm

This place is drastically short on interns. Luckily my app, which is in the works, should remedy this.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Deblar wrote:This place is drastically short on interns. Luckily my app, which is in the works, should remedy this.

Excellent! Looking forward to it Deblar.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok guys. Post is up. Sorry for the delay.

I think if there are no objections, we may be moving ahead to the morning after in the IC, so as the OSHE safety inspector can come to make the inspection visit. If there's something you want to finish up before, though, by all means. I'll move forward when everyone's ready.

I've been busy lately, but I'm fine with moving on. I can include a conclusion to the one day and the start of the next in the same next post if necessary.

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok guys. Post is up. Sorry for the delay.

I put up James's closing post for the day- feel free to move on whenever.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Province of Cossack
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Province of Cossack » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:33 am

Character App

Name: Oliver “Cyrus” Parham

Species: Pure human

Sex Male

Personality: Socially incompetent (tends to miss the joke) but rather emotionless and logical. Cyrus is considered moderately good-looking, but tends to destroy his relationships by being completely confused by social customs. Otherwise, he has a high work ethic, able to focus on a single task for hours on end. When angry, he speaks in a controlled tone that, to those who don’t know him, seems cold and detached (while in fact he simply doesn't yell much). He has a strong distaste for things he considers “obscene” : drinking, drugs, loud music, etc.

Skills/Powers:
Being a docile worker. Cyrus doesn’t voice any questions (although he may have them in his head) and can easily be mistaken for a mindless robot-worker rather than the dangerous professional he is. In his field of work, handiness with a gun is quite necessary, and Cyrus is no exception...
Sharpshooting / firearms knowledge
Decent coding/cybersecurity knowledge

Weaknesses:
Cyrus has an attachment to old-fashioned firearms, which can lead him to missing out on the latest guns. He will not hesitate to grab other gadgets though…
He can be seen as unusual by his peers, which leads to him being more noticeable
He doesn’t actually like computers. It’s just his job.

Occupation: Technically, he programs weaponry software. However,he has advertised himself to Paragon as a possible hitman...if they were ever to need one.
(The real reason he is there, however, is to feed details about weapon projects to his current contractor, who is paying a hefty sum for the industrial espionage. His employer must not know all the weapons systems are decades old....)

Bio: Oliver Cyrus Parham was born up north, in Vermont. He spent his childhood on his family farm until his father’s past came back to bite him: a former “associate” burned down the farm and left them stranded. Forced to move back to Boston, the teenage Cyrus found himself caught up in the petty crime of the metropolitan slums. He soon found “work” afterschool hacking phones and PCs for street gangs, who usually didn’t have the know-how. At age 19, he spent some time in NYC, where he briefly worked in the Police Department before being fired for “irresponsibly” killing a mafia thug. Hoping to evade the mafia, he skipped further south to Caerus, where he soon gained a notorious (yet shadowy) reputation for assasination and cybercrime.

Why Are They Here?: After his latest job (which ended in a public shootout and a multi-car highway accident), Cyrus wanted a slow job. After fooling a European company into thinking Paragon was what it used to be, he was hired for industrial espionage and cyber-sabotage. In fact, he’s just taking his weekly paycheck and relishing in the opportunity to study stolen tech in his apartment after work.

Character Goal: Finding and killing “Ace” Johnson, the man who burned his family home down and killed his father. Johnson is now a top-dog at the The Hartford, a former insurance company that is now a front for criminal activities in New England. To get at him, Cyrus will need some upgrades...which he might get in Caerus.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: HK45 Pistol, Colt King Cobra revolver, various knives, Kevlar vest for heavy ops, a drab grey sedan

Likes and Dislikes:
Farms, countryside, and good-natured discussions
Vanilla ice cream (his family used to sell some)
Colt
Dislikes:
Loud music
“Obscenity”

Other: n/a

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Province of Cossack wrote:
Character App

Name: Oliver “Cyrus” Parham

Species: Pure human

-snip-

Nice. We need a guy who gets mistaken for a robot. Oliver "Cyrus" Parham is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries! Just so you know, my next post will be a time jump to the next day. But if you want to make an intro post that is a stand alone, that would be just fine. Unless I post first.

Province of Cossack
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Province of Cossack » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Nice. We need a guy who gets mistaken for a robot. Oliver "Cyrus" Parham is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries! Just so you know, my next post will be a time jump to the next day. But if you want to make an intro post that is a stand alone, that would be just fine. Unless I post first.

Thanks! I may do a small intro post of him walking past security and hiring himself, then I'd be down with the time skip. Unless, of course, you write first.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:35 am

Hey guys!

So, the roster is updated and the time jump in the IC post has happened! Welcome to OSHE inspection day!

(If I missed any app that got posted earlier and now has been completed, let me know and I can review it).

Province of Cossack
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Province of Cossack » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:34 pm

Talchyon wrote:Hey guys!

So, the roster is updated and the time jump in the IC post has happened! Welcome to OSHE inspection day!

(If I missed any app that got posted earlier and now has been completed, let me know and I can review it).

Hi, I was wondering if maybe a Discord would be a good idea, considering how much cooperation we might need for good character interaction. Just a suggestion :)

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Character App

Name: Chris Hoffman

Species: definitely Human. Yup. Don’t know what else he could be…

Sex Definitely Male, just as he is definitely Human

Personality: Chris seems like your average privileged college kid on the outside, but he’s much more than that. He’s quite smart and tech savvy, being the kind of kid who took calculators and pens apart to see how they worked for fun growing up, and would also be the kid to call if something broke; there was almost a guarantee he could fix it. He’s also, if nothing else, very, very persistent, and he wants to know something or figure something out, there’s almost no stopping him from reaching his goal.

Skills/Powers: As previously mentioned, Chris is smart and quite tech savvy, good at taking things apart and putting them back together. He’s also young, meaning he’s more athletic and energetic than most other Paragon employees, which can come in handy should an errand requiring excess exercise need to be ran. Also persistent, as previously mentioned. Also (because why not, and because of reasons explained in the bio) he's multi-lingual, able to speak fluent English, almost fluent French and Korean, and basic German, Spanish, and Japanese.

Weaknesses His own persistence, which can be his greatest strength, can at the same time be his greatest weakness. He can be quite impatient, looking to achieve his goals as quickly as possible. He’s also a bit of a perfectionist, and he doesn’t take failure all that well.

Occupation: Chris is a paid intern for the Robotics department, and shows up whenever he’s free, which is most of the time, actually, for reasons that are explained in the bio

Bio: Chris was born to a moderately successful businessman and venture capitalist father, Thomas "Tom" Hoffman(think of pre-politics, shady businessman Donald Trump; he'd make a good comparison to Tom), and Victoria, his mother and a teacher. When Chris was not even 2 years old, however, Victoria filed for divorce because she was sick of Tom's hyper-capitalist antics, though in a twist of fate (Tom just bribed the divorce lawyer(haha, corruption go brrrr), but for obvious reasons this is kept secret), Tom won custody over Chris. With Chris in tow, Tom would journey across the world to make a quick buck or two in various venture capitalist schemes, traveling and temporarily living in England, France, Germany, Spain, Japan, and South Korea, with the pair spending the most time in France and Korea because the schemes there reaped a bigger reward than the others.

Chris was a very smart kid growing up, even skipping two grades. However he was quite lonely, considering that he and his parents didn’t have the greatest relationship and he and his father never really stayed in one place long enough for him to develop any meaningful friendships.

However, when Tom was 16, the Hoffmans returned to the United States after nearly 13 years abroad, seemingly for good. You might think it was because Tom was homesick, but that wasn’t even close to being the case; he just saw another opportunity to profit off of yet another money-making scheme, which just so happened to involve the city of Caerus, and by extension, Pinnacle Tech and Paragon Industries. He and his cronies partners in crime fellow venture capitalist businessman who he often worked with began a tech startup in Caerus, right in Paragon and Pinnacle’s backyard, and when it inevitably floundered, assets were sold to Pinnacle, and then Tom used the money from the sale to buy stock in both Pinnacle and Paragon(Paragon he has more stock in because their stock is far cheaper), which put him as one of Paragon’s biggest shareholders. The mass buy up of stock would send Paragon stock shooting upward, though this was only temporary and stock soon went back down to previous levels. (Thought I’d include a fun little connection to a certain other Paragon employee, assuming KIM bought the stock at the peak of Paragon’s surge)

Chris, meanwhile, completed his high school education and got into local college Caerus University (Tom had connections to the head of the school (again, corruption go brrrr)). He earned himself a major in robotics, mechanical engineering, to be exact. Meanwhile, as he became a legal adult, he began looking for a job, and ended up as an intern at Paragon Industries(see “Why Are They Here?” for more details).

Chris has worked a Paragon for about a year now, giving him plenty of time to get used to the…distinct environment of this place. As he begins to wrap up college and figure out what he wants to do post-graduation, he’s got plenty to think about for the future. But with the unpredictability of his current situation, who’s got time for that?

Why Are They Here?: He wanted a job with decent pay that wouldn’t be too much hassle to balance with university, and Paragon Industries, considering how much of a lazy, poorly managed mess it is, checked all the boxes. Plus, having young interns to “develop into a new crop of innovators” looked pretty good on paper to HR (plus they were well aware who his father was).

Character Goal: Chris is currently in his senior year of university(why he's a senior at 20 is explained in the bio), and he’s trying to finish his education, get a good paying job- and hey, why not make a few friends along the way? Maybe someone a bit more than a friend *wink*. Not that he expects to find anything of the sort at Paragon...

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: A phone, some headphones, his intellect, and some pepper spray - just in case.

Likes and Dislikes:
Likes: Listening to music, time to himself, taking stuff apart and putting them back together, memes
Dislikes: Failure, name recognition that comes from his infamous father

Other: N/A

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:35 am

Province of Cossack wrote:Hi, I was wondering if maybe a Discord would be a good idea, considering how much cooperation we might need for good character interaction. Just a suggestion :)

I've purposely stayed away from Discord because I want our posts visible on the P2TM Forum. More visibility helps with readership and others interested in joining because they see it so much. So for right now, that's a no on Discord.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:42 am

Deblar wrote:
Character App

Name: Chris Hoffman

Species: definitely Human. Yup. Don’t know what else he could be…

Occupation: Chris is a paid intern for the Robotics department, and shows up whenever he’s free, which is most of the time, actually, for reasons that are explained in the bio
-snip-

A know-it-all intern with no authority, little respect, and one who is the son of the majority shareholder of Paragon Industries' stock? Nice. Lots of potential here. Chris Hoffman is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse