NATION

PASSWORD

Women's Invitational Cup 2021 [IC thread|CLOSED]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Britcan
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Women's Invitational Cup 2021 [IC thread|CLOSED]

Postby Britcan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:05 am

The Commonwealth Society | Regional Map | Regional Website | Regional Discord

Football in Britcan | Football in Saint-Auguste

Friends, I welcome you to Lontwa, to Britcan, and to the inaugural edition of the Women's Invitational Cup.

This tournament marks a new era for our sport, a new competition that will raise the standard of play not only within our nations but across the Commonwealth. The sport of football brings us together across national borders, the language of sport being truly universal. Let the tournament that is held here in the coming days be one that unites us in friendship, joy, and mutual understanding.

Each matchday will feature two games: the first at 17:45, the second at 20:00. These will take place here at Greaves Road and at our national stadium, George Park. Each team will play every other team once in a round-robin. Three points will be awarded for a win, one for a draw, and none for a loss. In the event of a two teams finishing level on points the tie breakers shall be, in order: goal difference, goals scored, and the head-to-head result of the match between the two teams in question.

Without further ado, I wish all the teams sporting success and wish all the fans an amazing experience. Welcome to the Women's Invitational Cup!

MATCHDAY SCHEDULE

Matchday One
23rd October 2021
Britcan v Acroticus
Saint-Auguste v Flutro

Matchday Two
27th October 2021
Britcan v Saint-Auguste
Acroticus v Flutro

Matchday Three
30th October 2021
Saint-Auguste v Acroticus
Britcan v Flutro

RP RULES

1. The OP’s word is final.
2. No godmodding – try and be as realistic as possible while keeping artistic flair.
3. No metagaming – OOC knowledge does not transfer to your IC characters/nations.
4. Only nations added to the ‘Participating Nations’ list may post here.
5. No inadequate IC posts (I.E. No one liners, grammar and spelling to be at a decent standard).
6. All CWS Roleplay Regulations must be followed in this RP. These can be found on our Discord.

PARTICIPATING NATIONS

BritcanThe Kingdom of Britcan - OP
AcroticusThe Aderan Republic of Acroticus
Saint-AugusteThe Principality of Saint-Auguste
FlutroThe Equal Commonwealth of Flutro

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:16 am

"Good morning, I'm Larry Ginekar. Welcome to this special preview edition of Matches Today, Coming up we will be taking a look at what we can expect in the inaugural edition of the Women's Invitational Cup. As ever I'll be joined in the studio by our experts who will help analyse the teams, the players, and the tactics. But first, we should talk about how this tournament came to be in the first place. Alice Schott is in Sainte-August to tell us more."

The feed cut to a pre-recorded shot of the AFU headquarters in Les Trois-Îlets, Saint-Auguste. The camera panned round to reveal Alice Schott.

"I'm standing by the AFU headquarters here in Saint-Auguste. The Women's Invitational Cup is of course not an AFU-affiliated tournament, but it's beginnings are inextricably linked with this organisation. For a number of years Britcan and Saint-Auguste have been seeking a counterpart to the Five Nations League, but the other members of the confederation have had little interest in women's football beyond the Summer Games. This meant looking elsewhere was necessary.

The process of arranging this tournament obviously took place behind closed doors, however, we understand that the initial discussions were held between the FAs of Britcan, Saint-Auguste, and the ARA. Flutro, the reigning Summer Games champions, were invited to become part of the competition at a later stage. From the reports that have come out so far we understand that if the competition is a success it could be expanded to include further nations. Whatever the future of this competition though, I can tell you that all the sides playing over the coming week desperately want to be the inaugural champions. It's set to be a great contest. Back to you in the studio."

The feed switched back to the studio in George Park stadium in Britcan, a wider shot showing both Larry Ginekar and the pundits across the table from him.

"Well that's enough about the politics of it, let's talk about the football." Said Larry, turning to face his colleagues. "Troy Deane, what do you think about Britcan's chances here?"

"It's going to be tough for them no doubt about it. Flutro got the better of them in the Summer Games, though on penalty's to be fair. The fact is that this team has to tighten up at the back. They conceded six goals in two matches at the Summer Games. That's criminal! You can't expect to win a tournament at this level if you keep letting that many goals in."

"And who do you think the favourites are going into this Troy?" Larry asked.

"It's hard to look past Flutro Larry. They're in great form coming out of the Summer Games. They just keep winning so their confidence will be sky high. More importantly they're a team that can win in a variety of ways. You have to remember that in the tournament they won in dominant high-scoring fashion against Nordica, they beat Britcan in that hard-fought 3-3 nail-biter, and they protected their lead and ground out a good result in the final against Batavia. Whatever team they come up against we can expect goals and great football."

"Thanks Troy." Said Larry, turning to the other pundit. "Abby Hogan, what about the other teams in this tournament? Do Saint-Auguste and the Aderan Republic have a path to victory?"

"I think it's going to be a tough for Sainte-Auguste Larry. Their team struggled to get going during the Summer Games. They are, on paper, the weakest team at the tournament. But the games aren't played on paper and this Saint-Auguste team does have the ability to beat anyone on their day. What will be key for them is getting out of the blocks quick, starting strong in their opening match against Flutro, and attempting the keep up that momentum. If we see them beat Flutro in that opening match, or even get a strong draw, we should seriously start considering the prospect of a big upset."

"I think the ARA are the real dark horses of this tournament. They didn't impress in the Summer Games but they have a great team that plays great football. I think we'll have to wait and see what happens in the opening game against Britcan. If they manage to upset the hosts then I think we can expect to see them in the running to win the whole thing. The Britcani team needs to watch out."

"Thank you Abby." Said Larry, turning to the camera. "We'll be back in a moment to take a closer look at the tactics we can expect the managers to be employing in this tournament. But first, a message from our sponsors: Borker's Crisps."
Last edited by Britcan on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

This nation should not be taken to be representative of my real-life views, nor should any of the nonsense I posted on here as a teenager.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:50 pm

MATCHDAY ONE RESULTS

17:45, George Park
Britcan v Acroticus
2 – 1

20:00, Greaves Road
Saint-Auguste v Flutro
1 – 5

PosTeamWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Flutro10051+43
2Britcan10021+13
3Acroticus00112-10
4Saint-Auguste00115-40

Flutro
Political Columnist

Founded: May 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Flutro » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:07 am

Weekend of colours in the Capital
Wis Tiɛka

All of Flutro have been celebrating the major successes of the Flutron Womens Football Club this weekend, after a decisive 5 - 1 victory against a swanning Sainte-Auguste team. With the FWFC having what seems to be a myriad of triumphs both on and off the field, such as the renaming of both Men and Women teams for inclusion, Women’s Football has had a meteoric rise within the commonwealth. Now capturing the attention of many peoples in every city, the FWFC is in the mind of every Flutron. In Vince Park, where a viewing party was hosted to over 36,000 people, the celebrations were limitless after the final whistle was blown, with the entire stadium lighting itself blue and yellow to commemorate the historic win.

Despite the Women’s Invitational Cup being the FWFC’s first ever matches from outside of the Summer Games, they are heavily favoured amongst avid football fans, citing the incredible success of the aforementioned Summer Games earlier this year, and with parties and celebration occuring extensively in Cerlos over the weekend, it's fair to say that supporters believe the same

Although wary about overconfidence amongst the squad Aillia Finnitsk, captain of the selected squad for tonight's match, feels her team are favoured for a reason. "I think it's quite fair to say that we've definitely made our mark on Football, whether it be our performance on the pitch on Saturday, or our win at the Summers. All we have to do now is keep this pace, and we'll be able to deliver another trophy."

Tonight's match against Acroticus will be a blockbuster, and the result of which might seal Flutro's victory. Royal Park is hosting tonight's live viewing party, where it is expected to host more than 40,000 Flutron football fans, with tickets being able to be purchased online or at the gates.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:20 pm

MATCHDAY TWO RESULTS

Britcan v Saint-Auguste
0 – 4

Acroticus v Flutro
3 - 3

PosTeamWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Flutro11084+44
2Saint-Auguste1015503
3Britcan10125-33
4Acroticus01145-11
Last edited by Britcan on Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:43 pm

MATCHDAY THREE RESULTS

Saint-Auguste v Acroticus
1 – 2

Britcan v Flutro
2 - 3

PosTeamWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Flutro210105+57
2Acroticus1116604
3Saint-Auguste10267-13
4Britcan10248-43

Britcan
Senator

Postby Britcan » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Champions: Flutro
Runners up: Acroticus
Third Place: Saint-Auguste
Fourth Place: Britcan

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports