NATION

PASSWORD

Pirumegi | Land redistribution causes ethnic clashes

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Pirumegi
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 16, 2021
Ex-Nation

Pirumegi | Land redistribution causes ethnic clashes

Postby Pirumegi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Diplomatic reactions are allowed, military ones are not as of now.

Great Chief Kinaopa I, has approved a land redistribution on ethnic lines policy with the approval of the Great Council, the main legislative body in the country, which is an ensemble of the indigenous elder chiefs or their delegates throughout the islands.

The Act has been considered necessary as non-native population is equal to 8.2 % of the population, but the lands they hole amount to 29 % of all.

The Act specifies that all land under indigenous control cannot be sold to foreigners or non-indigenous, and that land owned by the latter two that is unused or underdeveloped shall be given to the hands of the nearest elders’ council aka indigenous village.

As the first redistributions took place on Saturday 23rd, many non-indigenous, armed with handguns, hunting rifles, batons and rocks made the recently formed security forces leave their positions.

In response, people from nearby villages came in aid to the security forces with rocks, batons, and spears.
The clash became uncontrollable, with the security forces even unwilling to.
In the late night hours some foreigner and non indigenous homes were burned and those communities seeked refuge in a nearby resort, where they overwhelmed the armed guards and took control of their weapons.

Later on the authorities in Hurepulo, with difficulty, assembled a small force to pacificate and come to an agreement between the two communities.
The violence stalled but the two communities haven’t left their positions.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Official Statement | Department of Foreign Affairs

The Federation of Lacienia hereby condemns the actions of the Pirumegi governmnet. The seizure and redistribution of rightfully owned land is an act with dangerous repercussions. By fostering hate against the non-native population, the Pirumegi government leans closer to a discriminatory environment that will allow for power grabs and massacres. An individual's possessions belong to the individual, not the state. The state has little right to interfere in private industry, especially when they're interfering to equalize it. By enforcing property equality, the Pirumegi government is marching closer to the horrors and oppression of communism. We call on you, the government of Pirumegi, to cease this action immediately, return the land, and give reparations to all affected citizens. Should our demands not be met, tariffs will be placed and all Pirumegi visas will be suspended.
Last edited by Lacienia on Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Pirumegi
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Pirumegi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Representatives of Lacienia,
You refuse to acknowledge the underlying reasons behind such an unequal balance when it comes to our lands, you refuse to acknowledge the perils to our sovereignty and their importance to our culture.

Such a disproportionate possession rate is due to the old colonial policies which even by using your own capitalistic mindset would be sodomization of the markets, these policies are having and will have consequences in the future than in concomitance with the extremely larger flow of wealth owned by the foreigners will increasingly alienate indigenous peoples from their lands and create rivalries and conflicts that will be much more disastrous than the recent clashes.

Other than that not acting at all besides the problems cited earlier would also endanger the political system and sovereignty of our nation as a particular group would amass a large chunk of the economy and subjugate the majority and the institutions of the nation, this being a serious risk to sovereignty.

Last but not least, majority of Pirumegis are animists and to them land is sacred, the building of some activities or the neglect of land is an abberration.

Every nation is different and you’re suggesting to us a medicine that might have worked well for you, but for sure we don’t have the same problems and conditions of your country.

Special Royal Delegate on International Affairs, Moroani VII
Last edited by Pirumegi on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Esteemed authorities of Pirumegi,
Considering the latest events in your country we are deeply worried for the safety of our workers assisting your nation in the building of a sewage system in Hurepulo and the enlargement of the Hurepulo Intl. Airport.

We request, considering that your own security forces are still in the foundational training phase, to deploy a military force of 200 personnel for the exclusive protection of our workers, embassy and the projects we’re building.
We are eager to receive an answer.
With respect,
Chief of the SDFA Ikike Marase

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:06 pm

This is a message from the Government of Southeast Marajarbia:

While the situation in the great nation of Pirumegi is concerning, the Government has other matters that concern it, such as the expansionist, far-right nation of Lacienia, whose government is only concerned with establishing new colonies and not giving rights to the native population of various countries. In order to prevent the Lacienian Government from continuing its goals, the Southeast Marajarbian Government is eager to sign a trade deal with the great nation of Pirumegi, and shall diplomatically support the Government and assist it in any problems.

Furthermore, we recommend that the Government of Pirumegi enter the Global Alliance, Which is the official successor to the World Assembly, which serves as a major diplomatic body that passes the laws of the world.

OOC: GA Signup Here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=511142
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:29 pm

This is a message from the Government of the Federal Republic Of The King Isle to Pirumegi:
We write to you today as we are concerned, we are more worried about the Autocratic nation of Lacienia as they want nothing more from you then your land as colonies, we write to you to say we want a trade deal with you,
IC NAME: Tartania

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 pm

The history of how the land was obtained is irrelevant. It's still the rightful property of the foreigners. The religion of your people is also not a justifiable reason for repossessing land. The government has no place in private industry. Tariffs will be levelled against you should you not comply to our demands. If it goes further, all the Pirumegi governments's assets in Lacienia will be frozen, and visas will be suspended indefinitely. If you would like to negotiate, a flotilla containing three destroyers has been deployed to Pirumegi with the esteemed diplomat, Dr. William Tanner onboard. Negotiation is highly encouraged. After all, neither of our nations wants to bring about the collapse of the Pirumegi economy.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:26 pm

In order to ensure that the Lacienian Government and their diplomatic representative don't get their way, the Government sends Carl Williams, also known as the Marajarbian Ambassador to the Global Alliance, to get a deal that does not benefit the nation that founded the alliance that was known as CUSP. A current deal includes a mutual embassy program and Pirumegi's entrance into the Silver Pathway Project while also entering the GA. If the Lacienian Government refuses to let the native population proceed in the style that it wishes to proceed in, it is very likely that calls for the arrest of Dr. Tanner will be coming if the Lacienians come up with what will clearly be a politically biased agreement that only benefits themselves.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:40 pm

OOC: SM, Dr. Tanner has been wanted by you for some time now.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Lacienia wrote:OOC: SM, Dr. Tanner has been wanted by you for some time now.

OOC: No, he hasn’t, because if you recall, that proposal never passed.

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 am

Official Message from The Federal Republic Of The King Isle

To Lacienia:
You are nothing but evil. You are known for colonizing and stripping away rights of the Natives of Their Land, we say that you are nothing more than Fascists and are willing to do a lot to get Land, you simply are involved because you want to colonize Pirumegi, it is clear that it is what you are interested in, you are an autocracy.
We honestly hope your reign of terror comes back and bites you and that you lose all your colonies as you are not capable of running them without oppressing the Natives.
Last edited by The King Isle on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC NAME: Tartania

United Australasian Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Australasian Commonwealth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:25 am

Official Message from the Government of the United Australasian Commonwealth
We have decided that we will condemn the Pirumegis for its Persecution of Natives , and
and warns Southeast Marajarbia that allowing them to join the Global Assembly will be a hypocritical move due to the Global Alliance’s stance for Democracy and Peace and its Anti Genocidal Nations law
Robert Stuart Lewis
Ambassador of the UAC to the Global Alliance
Jamesian Australasian
Last edited by United Australasian Commonwealth on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
this nation is satire
this nation never and will never use ns stats
Music Video about the Violent end of the Estado Novo
AUK Nuus om Agt /ABC News at Eight
About the United Australasian Commonwealth
Footage of the Força Nacional de Segurança Pública (Afrikaans:Nasionale Openbare Veiligheidsmag) of the Estado Novo raiding communist hotspots
Proud IFTC and International Broadcasting Alliance Member
Proud Member of IODASPC
Ally of LITA
Member of ICDN
Former Member of SETA
TL;DR Basically a combination of the British Empire and the Soviet Union filled with Afrikaners

Nuveans, Shiwanese , and Wong Kongese belong to Jamesia

Australasians (Afrikaners)and Yamikaners (Japanese who came to South Africa in the 16th century) belong to me

Storefront here

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:28 am

United Australasian Commonwealth wrote:
We have decided that we will condemn the Pirumegis for its Persecution of Natives , and
and warns Southeast Marajarbia that allowing them to join the Global Assembly will be a hypocritical move due to the Global Alliance’s stance for Democracy and Peace

The Southeast Marajarbian Government states that the Pirumegi Government is attempting diplomacy and peace, which fall in line with the GA's missions, which is why Pirumegi must join the alliance.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Australasian Commonwealth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:32 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
and warns Southeast Marajarbia that allowing them to join the Global Assembly will be a hypocritical move due to the Global Alliance’s stance for Democracy and Peace

The Southeast Marajarbian Government states that the Pirumegi Government is attempting diplomacy and peace, which fall in line with the GA's missions, which is why Pirumegi must join the alliance.

The Australasian Government says that they will allow the Priumegi Goverment to Join the Global Alliance provided they cease Genocidal practices towards their Native Population
this nation is satire
Footage of the Força Nacional de Segurança Pública (Afrikaans:Nasionale Openbare Veiligheidsmag) of the Estado Novo raiding communist hotspots
Proud Member of IODASPC
Ally of LITA
Member of ICDN
Former Member of SETA
TL;DR Basically a combination of the British Empire and the Soviet Union filled with Afrikaners

Australasians (Afrikaners)and Yamikaners (Japanese who came to South Africa in the 16th century) belong to me

Storefront here

East Tideland
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby East Tideland » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:32 am

The East Tidelander Government also supports this message by Southeast Marajarbia and will protect them if necessary, we believe that Pirumegi deserves a second chance

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Australasian Commonwealth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 am

East Tideland wrote:

The East Tidelander Government also supports this message by Southeast Marajarbia and will protect them if necessary, we believe that Pirumegi deserves a second chance

Robert Stuart Lewis the Ambassador of the UAC to the Global Alliance says they will be getting their second chance if they stop killing natives and says that he was concerned about this because he happens to come from an ethnic minority himself ( Jamesian Australasian)
this nation is satire
Proud Member of IODASPC
Ally of LITA
Member of ICDN
Former Member of SETA

Storefront here

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Australasian Commonwealth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:40 am

SABC NEWS:
The Australasian Government made an error condemning Pirumegi’s Government , They said they meant Lacienia not Priumegi was the true target of condemnation, an official apology to Pirumegi will be sent to the Priumegis later this evening
this nation is satire
Proud Member of IODASPC
Ally of LITA
Member of ICDN
Former Member of SETA

Storefront here

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 pm

In a shocking move, the Lacienian Government has declined to raise tariffs, and instead, has fully embargoes the Pirumegi nation. All visas and financial assets in Lacienian banks have also been frozen indefinitely. In response to threats on Dr. Tanner's freedom, the flotilla is to be reenforced with a company of colonial marines. It is expected that Pirumegi will back down before things escalate further.

Official Statement to the Government of Southeast Marajarbia | Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The threat of arresting a diplomat for a political cause is a serious matter. Political prisoners are in violation of both our nations' viewpoints. Should Dr. Tanner be abducted, it will be found that Southeast Marajarbia has also lost one of its government officials. It is strongly advised that Southeast Marajarbia withdraw that threat and leave this situation to be dealt with by those who possess intelligence in their foreign and local policies.
Last edited by Lacienia on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Lacienia wrote:In a shocking move, the Lacienian Government has declined to raise tariffs, and instead, has fully embargoes the Pirumegi nation. All visas and financial assets in Lacienian banks have also been frozen indefinitely. In response to threats on Dr. Tanner's freedom, the flotilla is to be reenforced with a company of colonial marines. It is expected that Pirumegi will back down before things escalate further.

Official Statement to the Government of Southeast Marajarbia | Ministry of Foreign Affairs

The threat of arresting a diplomat for a political cause is a serious matter. Political prisoners are in violation of both our nations' viewpoints. Should Dr. Tanner be abducted, it will be found that Southeast Marajarbia has also lost one of its government officials. It is strongly advised that Southeast Marajarbia withdraw that threat and leave this situation to be dealt with by those who possess intelligence in their foreign and local policies.

The Government of Southeast Marajarbia decides to ignore this warning, as the Lacienian Government only believes that their former representative to CUSP is important due to his status, and only want a deal that benefits them and them alone without realizing that not every nation is the same in terms of wealth and development. However, threats towards the arrest of Dr. Tanner continue, this time with warnings that Dr. Tanner will be tried in front of the Global Alliance for everything he had done whilst working with CUSP.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:25 pm

OOC: What exactly would he get tried for? I want to know so that, should it happen, I have a nice premade bullet point list for writing.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:29 pm

Lacienia wrote:OOC: What exactly would he get tried for? I want to know so that, should it happen, I have a nice premade bullet point list for writing.

OOC: Well, ICly, it would basically be the original proposal during the IDSF saga that he made regarding those sanctions, which some IDSF and GA (by extension) members are still angry about, as well as not holding democratic elections in colonies when asked to do so, and overall attitude towards the IHS's representative prior to his nation ceasing to exist. Anything in-between those events pretty much count as well.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:31 pm

OOC: Thanks.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Lacienia wrote:

The history of how the land was obtained is irrelevant. It's still the rightful property of the foreigners. The religion of your people is also not a justifiable reason for repossessing land. The government has no place in private industry. Tariffs will be levelled against you should you not comply to our demands. If it goes further, all the Pirumegi governments's assets in Lacienia will be frozen, and visas will be suspended indefinitely. If you would like to negotiate, a flotilla containing three destroyers has been deployed to Pirumegi with the esteemed diplomat, Dr. William Tanner onboard. Negotiation is highly encouraged. After all, neither of our nations wants to bring about the collapse of the Pirumegi economy.

Official Statement: Ministry of Foreign Policy

The Federal Dharmic Islands of the Archipelago Territory condemns the reckless actions of your diplomats toward the peripheral country of Pirumegi and its representative, Dr. William Tanner. We will not tolerate your neocolonialist attitude towards this matter and are prepared to negotiate alongside the Great Nation of Pirumegi should they request our assistance.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Pirumegi
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Pirumegi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 pm

To the Government of Lacienia,
Your actitude toward our nation is not only shameful but it shows the real nature of your government, that of a rabid dog.
You may inflict any kind of embargo, sanction or tariff as imperialist nations are used to but that would be like throwing a spear towards the sun, it wouldn’t reach your end whatever the effort you put.
Our trade relations with the world in general are low and null when it comes to your country.
You wish to assert influence but clearly have isolated yourself in the international arena, we suggest you to work on your authorities skewed view of the world.

We are deeply grateful to the many nations that came to us to offer concrete help and words of support, we don’t want to seem ungrateful but it is a policy of ours to maintain a policy of neutrality which forces us to not join any military or quasi-military alliance, de iure at least.
If the situation changes we will handle the issue in the next Great council meeting.
Last edited by Pirumegi on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Australasian Commonwealth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Because of Neo Colonialist Actions by the Federation of Lacienia
the UAC has given Federation of Lacienia 30 days to leave the Priumegi Government alone or they will be met with ICBMS

Meanwhile a declaration of war is written by Sir Stanley Morgan , the Labour MP for San Jose however it will be voted by the Volksraad before final action is taken

Be it enacted by the House of Commons and House of Lords of the United Australasian Commonwealth in the Volksraad assembled, That war be and is hereby declared to exist between the The Federation of
Lacienia and the dependencies thereof, and the United Australasian Commonwealth and their Dominions , Soviet Republics and Protectorates ; and that the President of the United Australasian Commonwealth is hereby authorized to use the whole land and naval force of the United Australasian Commonwealth to carry the same into effect, and to issue to private armed vessels of the United Australasian Commonwealth commissions or letters of marque and general reprisal, in such form as he shall think proper, and under the seal of the United States, against the vessels, goods, and effects of the government of the said Federation of
Lacienia , and the subjects thereof
Last edited by United Australasian Commonwealth on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this nation is satire
Proud Member of IODASPC
Ally of LITA
Member of ICDN
Former Member of SETA

Storefront here

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents