NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] The Zombie Apocalypse

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Concrete Slab
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

[DEFEATED] The Zombie Apocalypse

Postby Concrete Slab » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 am

Hey everyone! I completely revamped the draft, but I'll keep the old two so y'all can see the process. I went with the goal of educating people on Z-Day since it's kind of lesser known than N-Day. If my facts are totally bad or there are any other you think I should include, please let me know! Feedback is appreciate!

The Security Council,

Relieved that the cleanup from the sixth “N-Day” has recently concluded across the multiverse,

Grateful that the nations of the multiverse have been able to return to their regular affairs, including but not limited to:

i. Solving the nonstop deluge of dilemmas within their territories,
    ii. Ridiculing each other in the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, and
    iii. Eradicating the scourge of the political ideology known as “Fascism” from the multiverse;

Realizing, however, there is another suspiciously timed event on the horizon of the multiverse, occurring near the final days of the month of October,

Declaring to all nations that the tenth annual instance of the Zombie Apocalypse, henceforth referred to as “Z-Day,” is about to violently disrupt the daily tidings of the multiverse,

Noting that, while there has miraculously not been a single reported casualty during all six instances of N-Day, hundreds of trillions of citizens of the multiverse have been reported dead after every single instance of Z-Day,

Observing that during the course of Z-Day, nations can either develop cures in an attempt to return their infected citizens to a brains-free diet, simply exterminate the horde with military might, or give into the horde,

Proclaiming that the official position of the Security Council is to survive Z-Day with the largest amount of uninfected citizens possible,

Lamenting that, as Z-Day has continued to occur, the strength of the zombie virus has continued to increase, leading to a decrease in the effectiveness of the cures developed by the multiverse’s leading brains,

Cognizant that combatting the zombie plague has become increasingly difficult after each instance,

Asserting that this trend will only continue, with the multiverse about to face the strongest iteration of the virus yet,

Alarmed at the lack of acknowledgement and preparation for the upcoming Z-Day,

Admitting that the annual Z-Day can cultivate positive relations within regions of the multiverse as they band together to impede the spread of the zombie virus,

Aware, however, that these positive relations are likely to be fractured as the zombie horde rapidly overtakes the multiverse,

Desperately hoping that this proposal will be a catalyst for the multiverse by alerting them of their impending doom,

Asserting that this World Assembly will do everything in its power to stave off the zombie hoard,

Hereby heralds the coming of the tenth Zombie Apocalypse and implores nations across the multiverse to begin the necessary preparations.

The Security Council,

Relieved that the cleanup from the sixth “N-Day” has recently concluded across the multiverse,

Grateful that the nations of the multiverse have been able to return to their regular affairs, including but not limited to: solving the nonstop deluge of dilemmas within their territories, ridiculing each other in the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, and eradicating the scourge of the political ideology known as “Fascism” from the multiverse;

Realizing, however, the multiverse is in the midst of another suspiciously timed event, occurring near the final days of the month of October every year,

Declaring to all nations that the tenth annual instance of the Zombie Apocalypse, henceforth referred to as “Z-Day,” is violently disrupting the daily tidings of the multiverse,

Distraught that, while there has miraculously not been a single reported casualty during all six instances of N-Day, hundreds of trillions of citizens of the multiverse have been reported dead after every single instance of Z-Day,

Observing that during the course of Z-Day, nations can either develop cures in an attempt to return their infected citizens to a brains-free diet, simply exterminate the horde with military might, or give into the horde,

Proclaiming that the official position of the Security Council is to survive Z-Day with a higher percentage of non-infected citizens than infected,

Resolving that the zombie horde must not prevail, no matter the cost,

Lamenting that, as Z-Day has continued to occur, the strength of the zombie virus has continued to increase, leading to a decrease in the effectiveness of the cures developed by the multiverse’s leading brains,

Alarmed at the lack of acknowledgement and preparation for the tenth iteration of Z-Day,

Admitting that the annual Z-Day can cultivate positive relations within regions of the multiverse as they band together to impede the spread of the zombie virus,

Aware, however, that these positive relations are likely to be fractured as the zombie horde rapidly takes over the multiverse,

Desperately hoping that this proposal will be a catalyst for the multiverse by alerting them of their impending doom,

Asserting that this World Assembly will do everything in its power, whether it be treating the infected to a drink or engaging in aggressive diplomacy with them, to stave off the zombie horde,

Hereby heralds the tenth Zombie Apocalypse and implores nations across the multiverse to take the necessary precautions.

The Security Council,

Relieved it is finally safe to emerge from the bunker of the World Assembly Headquarters,

Concerned about the number of World Assembly ambassadors inquiring about the nearest supply of “brainsssssss,”

Wondering if this is due to the recent resurgence of the zombie virus or whether these esteemed ambassadors are simply taunting their colleagues,

Realizzzzzzing the zombie virus reappears at suspiciously consistent intervals of time, extremely similar to the annual “N-Day,”

Asserts that the tenth resurgence of the zombie virus, hereby denoted as “Z-Day,” has recently concluded across the multiverse,

Distraught that this iteration of Z-Day claimed the lives of more citizens of the multiverse than ever before, with a shocking 743.3 trillion brains consumed by the virus, with an additional 168.4 trillion life-forms still being afflicted before a cure could be found,

Disgusted at the blunders of the World Z-Day Preparedness Center insofar that there “cure” has failed to prevent the zombie virus from carving through the multiverse every year, claiming hundreds of trillions of innocent lives,

Horrified that seven hours into the tenth Z-Day, the data banks of the World Z-Day Preparedness Center suddenly crashed, losing all progress on a cure to the novel zombie virus and allowing the undead to gain a critical foothold,

Lauding the groundbreaking strategies employed by The North Pacific allowing them to finish Z-Day with not even a single zombie left to feast on the delicious and delectable brains of their population of 28.7 trillion, the largest amount of citizens housed by a region in the entire multiverse,

Noting that while the guidelines of the annual “N-Day” are clearly understood by all nations of the multiverse, confusion abounds among less organized regions and nations on how to combat the zombie apocalypse and what the information put forth by the World Z-Day Preparedness Center during the crisis actually means,

Wondering if, in light of all these events, the World Z-Day Preparedness Center is actually on the side of the living,

Seeking to unmask the secrets of this organization so that this Security Council may better prepare for the inevitable future battle against the zombies,

Hereby affirms that:
  1. nations have three options to pursue during Z-Day: utilizing Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads to murder the undead, researching a cure to the zombie virus and using missiles to convert zombies back to living citizens, or embracing Zombie Hordes by spreading the infection to other nations within a region,
  2. the zombie apocalypse persists for approximately 36 hours,
  3. the “Z-Rating” put forth by the World Z-Day Preparedness Center indicates the change in zombie populations within regions as the event progresses, with a negative Z-Rating indicating that zombie populations are being converted to the living while a positive Z-Rating indicates living populations are turned into zombies,
  4. multiple factors influence this Z-Rating, including: the number of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, the size of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, and the amount of living citizens vs. infected citizens within a region,
  5. the potency of Cure Missiles is influenced by the living population of the nation firing the missile as well as the zombie population of the nation being fired upon, with these Missiles curing less and less citizens as the zombie population decreases,
  6. having no zombies within a nation decreases the speed of cure research,
  7. the effectiveness of Zombie Hordes is similar to that of Cure Missiles, with the zombie population of the nation unleashing the horde being the biggest factor,
  8. the effectiveness of Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads is not impacted by the decreasing zombie population of a targeted nation,
  9. if left unchecked, zombies will begin to turn into dead citizens naturally,

Hoping this information will aid in the annual battle against the undead,

Hereby declares this Council’s steadfast commitment against the zombie horde, using whatever means necessary to safeguard the exquisite brainss of the citizens of the world.
Last edited by Goobergunchia on Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:57 am, edited 14 times in total.
Concrete Slab
Author of GAR#471, GAR#479, SCR#271, SCR#370, SCR#426, and SCR#428
Co-author of SCR#300, SCR#422, SCR#432, SCR#486, and SCR#487
2023 Defender Newcomer, Mentor, and Quote of the Year
RMB Moderator of The South Pacific
Lieutenant of the South Pacific Special Forces
Join The South Pacific Special Forces Today!
CS isn't inherently doing anything wrong, Hulldom just has a deep preference for boring, which CS does not always find himself within the lines of

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 am

Will this negatively affect Argentina?
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:44 am

Great Algerstonia wrote:Will this negatively affect Argentina?

Most likely. Can't say for sure though.
Argentina should at least be aware of its existence.
Concrete Slab
CS isn't inherently doing anything wrong, Hulldom just has a deep preference for boring, which CS does not always find himself within the lines of

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 am

First: you are not getting this out before Z-Day. No way. That means you'd have to submit it within the next day or two and get it in queue quick. Thus:

1) the list section at the top works better as just a comma list in its clause

2) this would be at-vote during z-day (hopefully) so the realizing, however clause makes no sense talking about it from today

3) the noting clause is rather odd - you would just be noting the hundreds of trillions of dead?

4) observing clause is boring. instead, maybe something along the lines of "urging that during the course of Z-Day, nations develop cures for the zombie virus in order for nations to return their infected citizens to a brains-free diet,"

5) cognizant and asserting clause are filler

6) remove upcoming from alarmed clause

7) "overtakes" reads weirdly to me. "takes over" is my suggestion

8 ) catalyst doesn't fit that context. you should also use something other than the multiverse since you just used it, perhaps "our plane of existence"?

9) "WA will do everything in its power" ... which is nothing? :lol: maybe add to this with "whether that's furious debating over lists or aggressively conducting diplomacy with the undead"

10) remove coming, change "begin the necessary preparations" to "take necessary security measures" or something.
Last edited by Minskiev on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:58 am

Concrete Slab wrote:
Great Algerstonia wrote:Will this negatively affect Argentina?

Most likely. Can't say for sure though.
Argentina should at least be aware of its existence.

Time-travellers from the future should note that Great Algerstonia's flag was that of Argentina at the time the above conversation took place.

Minskiev wrote:First: you are not getting this out before Z-Day.

Can confirm, almost :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:09 am

No. This is trash.

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:31 am

Just letting everyone know, I'm gonna be submitting this in around two hours, so after the update. This way it's at vote during Z-Day. If anyone have any more feedback now is the time!
Concrete Slab

Thousand Branches
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thousand Branches » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 am

Wait seriously? You’re gonna give people a day to write feedback for this kind of bad resolution? I don’t usually put my opinions our there about this stuff but this seems really weird and kind of like it’s just taking advantage of Z-day. Clearly not that much work has been put into this and most opinions have been negative. Personally I’d suggest that you wait until after Z-day because as it is, there hasn’t been almost any discussion or feedback on this res at all. Sorry, I’d give ya real edits if you gave me actual time to do so but those take about an hour or two to write each time and I have other things to do.

Have a good day,

-A
|| Aramantha Calendula ||
○•○ Writer, editor, and World Assembly fanatic ○•○
•○• Proud member of House Elegarth •○•
○•○ Telegram or message me on discord at QueenAramantha for writing or editing help ○•○
•○• Failed General Assembly Resolutions Archive || The Grand (Newspaper Archive) •○•
○•○ Have an awesome day you! ○•○

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 am

Thousand Branches wrote:Wait seriously? You’re gonna give people a day to write feedback for this kind of bad resolution? I don’t usually put my opinions our there about this stuff but this seems really weird and kind of like it’s just taking advantage of Z-day. Clearly not that much work has been put into this and most opinions have been negative. Personally I’d suggest that you wait until after Z-day because as it is, there hasn’t been almost any discussion or feedback on this res at all. Sorry, I’d give ya real edits if you gave me actual time to do so but those take about an hour or two to write each time and I have other things to do.

Have a good day,

-A

I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be submitted today, I just have to make sure it reaches quorum right before or during Z-Day. And I mean, isn't this the whole point about declarations? To take stances on site-wide events? We've had two resolutions that "take advantage" of N-Day, in your words. Z-Day seems like something that should also be addressed using declarations. And I wouldn't say that one person saying the proposal is "trash" is mostly negative feedback, but go off I guess.
Concrete Slab

Thousand Branches
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thousand Branches » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am

Concrete Slab wrote:I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be submitted today, I just have to make sure it reaches quorum right before or during Z-Day. And I mean, isn't this the whole point about declarations? To take stances on site-wide events? We've had two resolutions that "take advantage" of N-Day, in your words. Z-Day seems like something that should also be addressed using declarations. And I wouldn't say that one person saying the proposal is "trash" is mostly negative feedback, but go off I guess.

Apologies, some of the negative feedback I’ve heard has been offsite so I’d assumed there were more examples onsite.

However, my real issue with this res is not the content, it’s the fact that it really should have been on the forums a week ago if you wanted to get any amount of substantial feedback. Resolutions are not written, edited, and argued in a day. Z-day would be cool having a resolution but this slapdash under the wire attempt at one feels like it would rob from the spirit of the event. That’s my opinion anyway
|| Aramantha Calendula ||
○•○ Writer, editor, and World Assembly fanatic ○•○
•○• Proud member of House Elegarth •○•
○•○ Telegram or message me on discord at QueenAramantha for writing or editing help ○•○
•○• Failed General Assembly Resolutions Archive || The Grand (Newspaper Archive) •○•
○•○ Have an awesome day you! ○•○

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:01 am

Thousand Branches wrote:
Concrete Slab wrote:I mean, it doesn't necessarily have to be submitted today, I just have to make sure it reaches quorum right before or during Z-Day. And I mean, isn't this the whole point about declarations? To take stances on site-wide events? We've had two resolutions that "take advantage" of N-Day, in your words. Z-Day seems like something that should also be addressed using declarations. And I wouldn't say that one person saying the proposal is "trash" is mostly negative feedback, but go off I guess.

Apologies, some of the negative feedback I’ve heard has been offsite so I’d assumed there were more examples onsite.

However, my real issue with this res is not the content, it’s the fact that it really should have been on the forums a week ago if you wanted to get any amount of substantial feedback. Resolutions are not written, edited, and argued in a day. Z-day would be cool having a resolution but this slapdash under the wire attempt at one feels like it would rob from the spirit of the event. That’s my opinion anyway

Yeah, that's fair, and with that said I'd be willing to hold off for another day or two. I just didn't start thinking about Z-Day until a couple of days ago, which is when I posted the proposal. And I mean, if the you don't have an issue with the content, what's the deal? This isn't my first declaration, so it's not like the proposal needs a complete and total overhaul. I'm just looking for some suggestions and grammar nitpicks.
Last edited by Concrete Slab on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Concrete Slab

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 am

Morover's declaration on N-Day was both better planned in advance (posted August 24th, around a month before N-Day) and more light-hearted and humorous than this, one of the reasons I found it fitting for the event since people usually gather to have fun. Half of this draft is just stating the obvious regarding the mechanics of the event, and overall the draft just seems serious and boring. Will oppose if this gets to vote at its present form.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 am

Sorry CS, but I have to agree with Gio. This lacks the lightness of touch that Morover’s Declaration on N-Day and yours on CotA had. Just seems rushed and poorly timed.

Would not recommend that Dilber support this.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Apatosaurus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Apatosaurus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:13 pm

You should put the latest draft first in the OP, I was about to give feedback on Draft 1 by accident :neutral_face:

The Security Council,

Grateful that the nations of the multiverse have been able to return to their regular affairs, including but not limited to: solving the nonstop deluge of dilemmas within their territories, ridiculing each other in the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, and eradicating the scourge of the political ideology known as “Fascism” from the multiverse; Is the part about Fascism really necessary?

Realizing, however, the multiverse is in the midst of another suspiciously among us timed event, occurring near the final days of the month of October every year,

Declaring to all nations that the tenth annual instance of the Zombie Apocalypse, henceforth referred to as “Z-Day,” is violently disrupting the daily tidings of the multiverse,

Distraught that, while there has miraculously not been a single reported casualty during all six instances of N-Day, hundreds of trillions of citizens of the multiverse have been reported dead after every single instance of Z-Day,

Observing that during the course of Z-Day, nations can either develop cures in an attempt to return their infected citizens to a brains-free diet I really like the "brains-free diet" part xD, simply exterminate the horde with military might, or give into the horde,

Proclaiming that the official position of the Security Council is to survive Z-Day with a higher percentage of non-infected citizens than infected,

Resolving that the zombie horde must not prevail, no matter the cost,

Lamenting that, as Z-Day has continued to occur, the strength of the zombie virus has continued to increase, leading to a decrease in the effectiveness of the cures developed by the multiverse’s leading brains, Is this how Z-Day actually works? I thought Zombies could turn off cure researching, but more zombies don't affect the rate of creation of cures? I could definitely be wrong as I was a still a noob last Z-Day and wasn't really paying attention to the mechanics xD

Alarmed at the lack of acknowledgement and preparation for the tenth iteration of Z-Day, Is this clause really necessary? Like, most relevant regions already know their Z-Day plans or what they intend to do. You should remove this in my opinion

Aware, however, that these positive relations are likely to be fractured as the zombie horde rapidly takes over the multiverse,

Desperately hoping that this proposal will be a catalyst for the multiverse by alerting them of their impending doom, End the second to last clause with the word "and"

Asserting that this World Assembly will do everything in its power, whether it be treating the infected to a drink or engaging in aggressive diplomacy with them, to stave off the zombie horde,

Hereby heralds the tenth Zombie Apocalypse and implores nations across the multiverse to take the necessary precautions.
This signature stands with Palestine.

End the continued practice of bombing houses, museums, refugee camps, ambulances, and churches.
WA Ambassador: Ambrose Scott; further detail on WA delegation in factbooks. Nation overview.

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Giovanniland wrote:Morover's declaration on N-Day was both better planned in advance (posted August 24th, around a month before N-Day) and more light-hearted and humorous than this, one of the reasons I found it fitting for the event since people usually gather to have fun. Half of this draft is just stating the obvious regarding the mechanics of the event, and overall the draft just seems serious and boring. Will oppose if this gets to vote at its present form.

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Sorry CS, but I have to agree with Gio. This lacks the lightness of touch that Morover’s Declaration on N-Day and yours on CotA had. Just seems rushed and poorly timed.

You both bring up good points and I agree. It would be smarter to wait until after the event, then that way I can get more intensive feedback. Perhaps the proposal can even be sort of a combination between Morover's and mine on N-Day where I establish what Z-Day is and report what happened.
Point is, I'll postpone it and wait for more feedback. I'll also try and recapture that light-heartedness you're talking about BBD.
Concrete Slab

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Giovanniland wrote:Morover's declaration on N-Day was both better planned in advance (posted August 24th, around a month before N-Day) and more light-hearted and humorous than this, one of the reasons I found it fitting for the event since people usually gather to have fun. Half of this draft is just stating the obvious regarding the mechanics of the event, and overall the draft just seems serious and boring. Will oppose if this gets to vote at its present form.

Echoing this sentiment. No support for this proposal from me.

Random Country 453632
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Random Country 453632 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:22 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Sorry CS, but I have to agree with Gio. This lacks the lightness of touch that Morover’s Declaration on N-Day and yours on CotA had. Just seems rushed and poorly timed.

I agree, maybe you should plan ahead in the future
RandomCountry453632, the randomest??? country in all of the Pacific!
Local news: Man arrested and sentences to 3 months in prison after asking police to do so
Randport Museum of Potatoes buys painting of an Internet phenomenon called "Quandale Dingle" for 2.3 million Randenominations

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:11 am

Completely revamped the draft! Hope it's a bit better this time :D
Concrete Slab

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:02 am

I'd like to get it out before everyone forgets about Z-Day, although it may already be too late lol. Shouldn't be that big of a deal tho considering the purpose of this is partly educating for the future.
Concrete Slab

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:03 am

Why is your list in the HEREBY AFFIRMS clause a manually-numbered list (rather than a list organised using the [list=a] tag)?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why is your list in the HEREBY AFFIRMS clause a manually-numbered list (rather than a list organised using the [list=a] tag)?

Cause I'm scared to use code. I'll tinker around with it.
Concrete Slab

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:24 am

Concrete Slab wrote:I'd like to get it out before everyone forgets about Z-Day, although it may already be too late lol. Shouldn't be that big of a deal tho considering the purpose of this is partly educating for the future.

I have a suspicion that your first line is an R1(a) illegality.
Last edited by Bhang Bhang Duc on Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am

Concrete Slab wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Why is your list in the HEREBY AFFIRMS clause a manually-numbered list (rather than a list organised using the [list=a] tag)?

Cause I'm scared to use code. I'll tinker around with it.

Perhaps... ?
Code: Select all
Hereby affirms that:
[list=a][*]nations have three options to pursue during Z-Day: utilizing Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads to murder the undead, researching a cure to the zombie virus and using missiles to convert zombies back to living citizens, or embracing Zombie Hordes by spreading the infection to other nations within a region,
[*]the zombie apocalypse persists for approximately 36 hours,
[*]the “Z-Rating” put forth by the World Z-Day Preparedness Center indicates the change in zombie populations within regions as the event progresses, with a positive Z-Rating indicating that zombie populations are being converted to the living while a negative Z-Rating indicates living populations are turned into zombies,
[*]multiple factors influence this Z-Rating, including: the number of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, the size of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, and the amount of living citizens vs. infected citizens within a region,
[*]the potency of Cure Missiles is influenced by the living population of the nation firing the missile as well as the zombie population of the nation being fired upon, with these Missiles curing less and less citizens as the zombie population decreases,
[*]having no zombies within a nation decreases the speed of cure research,
[*]the effectiveness of Zombie Hordes is similar to that of Cure Missiles, with the zombie population of the nation unleashing the horde being the biggest factor,
[*]the effectiveness of Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads is not impacted by the decreasing zombie population of a targeted nation,
[*]if left unchecked, zombies will begin to turn into dead citizens naturally,[/list]

Concrete Slab
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Concrete Slab » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:16 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Concrete Slab wrote:I'd like to get it out before everyone forgets about Z-Day, although it may already be too late lol. Shouldn't be that big of a deal tho considering the purpose of this is partly educating for the future.

I have a suspicion that your first line is an R1(a) illegality.

Based, changed.
Tinhampton wrote:
Concrete Slab wrote:Cause I'm scared to use code. I'll tinker around with it.

Perhaps... ?
Code: Select all
Hereby affirms that:
[list=a][*]nations have three options to pursue during Z-Day: utilizing Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads to murder the undead, researching a cure to the zombie virus and using missiles to convert zombies back to living citizens, or embracing Zombie Hordes by spreading the infection to other nations within a region,
[*]the zombie apocalypse persists for approximately 36 hours,
[*]the “Z-Rating” put forth by the World Z-Day Preparedness Center indicates the change in zombie populations within regions as the event progresses, with a positive Z-Rating indicating that zombie populations are being converted to the living while a negative Z-Rating indicates living populations are turned into zombies,
[*]multiple factors influence this Z-Rating, including: the number of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, the size of nations within a region researching a cure to the zombie virus, and the amount of living citizens vs. infected citizens within a region,
[*]the potency of Cure Missiles is influenced by the living population of the nation firing the missile as well as the zombie population of the nation being fired upon, with these Missiles curing less and less citizens as the zombie population decreases,
[*]having no zombies within a nation decreases the speed of cure research,
[*]the effectiveness of Zombie Hordes is similar to that of Cure Missiles, with the zombie population of the nation unleashing the horde being the biggest factor,
[*]the effectiveness of Tactical Zombie Elimination Squads is not impacted by the decreasing zombie population of a targeted nation,
[*]if left unchecked, zombies will begin to turn into dead citizens naturally,[/list]

Thank you!!
Concrete Slab

Proton City
Civilian

Founded: Jul 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Proton City » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:55 pm

We, the peoples of Proton City, support this bill in its entirety. Down with the Zombies!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives