NATION

PASSWORD

The Zombie Plague Spreads (IC, SR/Any Tech)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

The Zombie Plague Spreads (IC, SR/Any Tech)

Postby Olwe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Emperor Jason Frost was on a retreat with his wife in New Doriath when his emergency comlink went off. “This better be good,” he said as he picked up the call.

“Are zombies chewing on your leg yet?” came the familiar voice on the other end of the transmission. It was High General Magnus Wansor, head of the Olwean Army.

“Zombies?” Jason said. “What are you talking about?”

Jason realized he was on speaker as the voice of the Minister of Health & Science, Qrel Herk, cut in. “Major outbreaks of necromantic plague throughout Olwe, and we’ve noticed it in other countries as well. There’s a big one in New Doriath.”

Jason glanced over at his wife. She wasn’t wearing nearly enough to conceal weapons, and he had only brought his sword. “How close to the resort?”

“Should already be there,” High General Wansor said.

“We’re heading back to HQ,” Jason said, loud enough for Trasta to hear. She looked up questioningly as he ended the call. “Zombies,” he explained.

Again? Trasta grumbled, rolling her eyes as she conjured a dress which, though it didn’t cover much, was leaps and bounds more modest than her barely there bikini. “Are we fighting them before leaving?”

“Sakiko’s on it,” Jason assured her. After taking down their campsite, they teleported back to Nariel. The resort could bill them.

———————————————————————————————

While nature itself rose up to meet the zombies in all its ferocity where they’d just come from, Jason and Trasta rematerialized in the war room. Wansor, Herk and a handful of other cabinet members were there waiting for them. “What are we dealing with?” Jason asked.

“The undead wandering the streets at an alarming rate,” Director of Intelligence Bryan O’Noonan said. “My people are still trying to ascertain whether it’s an accident, or someone intentionally summoned them.”

Jason nodded. “Contingency plans?”

“The Zombie Hunters have locked the capital and surrounding regions down already,” High General Wansor said. “We’re evacuating as many people as we can to Nariel, but screening them for infection first so it’s slow going.”

“Speed it the fork up,” Jason said. “I don’t want any casualties except the people responsible.”

“We’ve noticed similar outbreaks on Zuni and a handful of other worlds,” Minister of Foreign Affairs Andrea Gallo said. “High General Wansor and I took the liberty of sending battle groups to affected allies.”

“Your initiative is commendable,” Jason said. “Let’s hope that’s enough aid. What’s our next move?”

“Reach out to these other nations,” Trasta suggested. “Coordinate our offense as we start striking back and reclaiming lost territory.”

“Yes,” Jason said. “Let’s get on that, then.”
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Zuni
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuni » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:27 pm

“Lariat, sitrep,” the voice in his ear said. Lariat was one of the elite commandos in the Multiversal Justice Unit, an international organization of shared special forces inspired by Earth’s old GI Joe unit.

“I’m undetected, but that could change if you keep nagging dad.” He rolled his eyes, even though Roughrider was several klicks away and couldn’t possibly see him.

“We don’t have the full unit backing us up,” Roughrider reminded him. “It’s just a few of us out here.”

Lariat shook his head, moving through the thick jungle undergrowth slowly and as quietly as he could manage, blaster rifle at the ready. As he pushed through the foliage he heard someone groaning up ahead. Sounds like... no, it couldn’t be. There haven’t been zombies since a few years before the Battle of Yavin.

But sure enough, as he stepped out into the clearing the people who turned their heads toward him were clearly deceased. They turned and started lurching toward him, giving him no choice but to open up with the blaster rifle. From beyond the horde of undead, behind the tree line on the other side, someone blindly returned fire. “There’s zombies here, and I’ve been made!” Lariat said, continuing to fire into the horde as he walked quickly backward.

“Repeat that, Lariat?” Roughrider’s surprise could be heard even over the iffy comlink feed.

“Zombies! Lots of ‘em.” He threw a frag grenade to disperse the horde a bit more. In the trees beyond the wall of walking corpses, someone screamed... maybe the terrorists they’d been dispatched to deal with would sort themselves out fighting the undead.

“Bantha and Mary Jane are accounted for, let’s rendezvous with them and get the kriff out of here. This mission’s a bust.” Lariat reluctantly agreed, and a few minutes later the team’s YT-2400 freighter was leaving the planet’s gravity well in preparation to head back to Zuni.
The Pentagram Bloc
Zuni is FT, but will recognize FanT and Pony nations. I am also capable of playing in MT or late-PT threads if needed, by switching blasters for revolvers and speeders for horses.

Calamastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Calamastan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:07 am

Today Is the day. Allan Michealè ordered that the troops get their plasma rifles ready. The zombies were there. The guards of the palace got their plasma rifles ready. It was time. The zombies were raging havoc all over Vanaja.
Supreme Leader: Allan Michaelè
Capital: Vanaja

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 am

One by one, nations of the world crumbled or were brought close to ruin. The plague spread like wildfire. Yet, Gonswanza held out reasonably, given their world was (mostly) untouched. That was bound to change, of course, as soon the virus began in the United States, jumping quickly to China and later spreading into Russia, where it began to move with great haste into Europe and Africa, before soon having its seeds across the world. The US engaged in CONPLAN 8888, to be more specific CONPLAN 8531 for their collateral plans, given it was a blatant pandemic threat. Russia and China however engaged in mass extermination, quickly mobilizing military forces, as other countries were quick to follow suit. Gonswanza however organized their military into deadly kill squads, allowing them to patrol the streets by day while UGVs were used by night to bait out zombies and kill them, assuming they had managed to make landfall. Yet, given the nature of the multiverse, there would be more to do, even if Gonswanza manages to keep the horde at bay and beyond their borders, with some zombies cropping up only to be brutally gunned down and later tossed into pits to be immolated with thermite. The threat was almost well understood, but its origins were obscure. Alas, Gonswanzan water treatment plants defer to using heavy UV and radiation treatment of water, as now all food on store shelves has to be nuked with a heavy dose of radiation or treated with UV (or both) to reduce the risk of infection down to zero.

And where was Laura in all of this? Residing in the locked down, buttoned up capital of Kotun, impenetrable to the zombie threat. Unless they were Evil Magic Zombies or Radiation Zombies (due to the nearby nuke plant) they were not getting anywhere near Kotun, having no real idea where the president was. However, Mawar would still be in the hospital at this time, so he had some mild risk of getting infected... If Gonswanzan defenses were to stand down and let the single-digit horde break in to infect more people.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

GreatOceania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2021
Libertarian Police State

Postby GreatOceania » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:41 am

Somewhere in an Observation post/Security Checkpoint in a Dead Man's Zone

There was a concerning issue in the Northern Sector of the Dead Zone and some of the operators here noticed it

"God damn looks like got ourselves some problems the Toten Droids from the north are become a lot more aggressive compared to the docile ones in the south sector and their numbers are increasing if this keeps this zone gonna be a Tier 2 or 3 maybe even 4 if this keeps up," An operator said

"yeah you think that's bad I heard they are getting smarter barely anyone who goes to the Northern Sector survives every attack is planned out perfectly to the point where any missions there is suicidal" another operator replied back

while the operators were talking to each other the power suddenly went out and come back on with an announcement

"main power down emergency generators activating signs of hostiles have been detected inside "

The two looks at each horror and went to grab their weapons and to barricade the door the minute they got near the door something started trying to break down the door however to their relief nothing got through and went to go barricade it once they were done they pointed their weapons at the door to make sure nothing comes through however unknown to them a vent grate was quietly removed and one looked behind only to know it was too late the Toten Droid got into the room and they were brutally slaughtered both of the operators. The security Checkpoint had fallen the one thing keeping creatures of mass destruction from getting out was in their control humanity is at the mercy of the Dead Man's Zones.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:53 pm

“What’s a Dead Man’s Zone?” Emperor Jason Frost asked, frowning down at the display on his datapad as he looked over the list of affected countries. He recognized the name Great Oceania, but didn’t recognize what was being referred to in the context of their geography.

“Unknown,” High General Wansor said. “They use dark matter for power, so... maybe a region where it’s escaped?”

“Dark matter?” Jason’s frown deepened. “That’s asinine.”

“Please don’t say that in front of their diplomats,” Count Andrea Gallo, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, fretted.

“I’m three thousand years old,” Jason reminded him. “I know better, don’t worry.” He turned back to Magnus. “Do the Zombie Hunters still have the situation contained?”

“Mostly,” Wansor said. “There’s some isolated pockets where the Inferi have gained control.”

Jason noted the formal designation for zombies, rarely used outside Wizarding circles. “Do we have an explanation yet?”

“As many as there are nations involved,” Andrea said. “The Oceanians think it might be related to the ghouls that are sometimes created by dark matter, the Zunites think a Sith Lord is playing with a murakami orchid again, so on and so forth.”

Jason nodded. “Keep me posted,” he said. “I’m going out hunting.”
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.

Zuni
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zuni » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 pm

As the freighter touched down in front of the Multiversal Justice Unit’s regional headquarters in the Expansion Region, a familiar Olwean face greeted the Zunites. “If you were expectin’ extra paperwork, I’m sorry to disappoint ya,” the pilot of the freighter, Mary Jane, said. “Mission went all cattywampus and got scrubbed.”

Avalon, the magical warfare expert who definitely would’ve loved extra paperwork, shook her head. “Not why I’m here this time.” Her nose wrinkled at the strong smell of hemp. “How high are you?”

Mary Jane shrugged. “No more than usual.”

“She flies better high,” Lariat said. At Avalon’s incredulous look he added, “I’ve seen it firsthand. Remind me to tell you sometime about the Hoth asteroid belt.”

Avalon shook her head again. “The Inferi you ran into weren’t an isolated incident,” she said. “They’re popping up in increasingly large hordes all over the multiverse.”

“Gorram zeds,” Roughrider said, spitting for emphasis. “Nothing but trouble.”

“We have bigger problems,” Avalon said. “Those terrorists you were going to raid? That cell’s gone now. No survivors, though they fought back hard enough to put a significant dent in that horde and actually helped contain the Inferi threat ironically.”

“What’s a bigger problem about that?” Lariat asked.

“That was just one cell,” Avalon said. “I’ve traced them back to the main group and figured out their origins. The Rhythm Nation.”

“The Human League?” Mary Jane guessed. It was a well known hate group, human supremacists. More people who just needed a few good tokes to get themselves right.

“Worse,” Avalon said.

“It can’t be. They’re dead,” Roughrider protested.

“We blew up the building, but we never found their bodies,” Lariat said. “Rasputina and Sirenia are really back?”

“And causing chaos for chaos’ sake, as usual,” Avalon confirmed.

“Are they responsible for this?” Mary Jane asked.

“I don’t know, but it’s one possible explanation,” Avalon said. “I’ll do more research, try and get to the bottom of it.”

“Have fun,” Lariat said, knowing she would. “We’ll call in reinforcements, when you have a location get in touch.”
The Pentagram Bloc
Zuni is FT, but will recognize FanT and Pony nations. I am also capable of playing in MT or late-PT threads if needed, by switching blasters for revolvers and speeders for horses.

Neo-Western East Korea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neo-Western East Korea » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Time: 12:00 PM

Approximately 55 men were in the room currently, as far as Pyoyter could tell. They had all been called to the bunker after a report of an uprising, although Pyoyter had seen no sign of bulletfire near the major districts such an event would occur in.
He checked his watch as he waited for the Great Leader to begin the (likely stolen) speech he had prepared for them going into exile, although when someone finally took to the stage, it was an scientist, rare but not unexpected.

The man looked rather clearly nervous, thought Pyoyter, he wondered if this was where they all got purged. After a gratuitously long amount of time spent clearing his throat, the man began.

"Comrades, Allies, leaders of the current political establishment and members of the Council for Governmental Command, we have called you in here to report...." The scientist adjusted his tie with his hands shaking.
"An.... outbreak of an biological weapon previously unknown to us, first found with the slave districts, that has evolved into a wide-spread contagion necessitating the withdrawal of our governance to these bunkers."

"This weapon has been found to create creatures commonly considered within popular culture to be 'Zombies', with the active movement of what.... could be considered a corpse being found after the rapid infection and death of an victim. This weapon was found to be... very quick to spread, and thus, with our chemical weapon tactics being ineffective, necessitating our falsified withdrawal to this location."

As shocked gasps echoed across the room, the man continued.
"We have gained contact with a small group of fellow nations experiencing similar issues, and it is thus the will of the Great Leader that we attempt to cooperate in an attempt to deal with this disaster. We all know our.... lackluster, to say the least, reputation with the outside world, but if we can prevent this issue from spreading any further, we should be able to mitigate the repair costs in the aftermath."
Last edited by Neo-Western East Korea on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What the Hell is a Myaku?:
Time system inspired by(copied from- since i'm still in the early stages) Swatch Internet Time.
1 day is 1000 Myaku, 1 Hour is 41.6 Myaku, 1 Myaku is 1.26 minutes. To get the time in Myaku, do (3600(hour) + 60 (minute) + seconds) divided by 86.4

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:55 pm

the hordes would only grow from here on out. The world was on fire. And it was falling to the hordes. Even Gonswanza wasn't safe, as "zombie ships" were now a dreadful threat, being ghost ships floating aimlessly with hordes upon hordes of zombies upon them. Floating waste bins, letting the virus seep into the waters, creating a new threat. Yes, that kind of threat. Zombie sharks. The virus was adapting to attack wildlife now, as anti-aircraft systems made from adapted machine guns were being used along with flame throwers to try to kill birds that seemed to fly in droves, attempting to peck and bite humans. India succumbed to the virus, with China electing to drop nukes across the border to fend them off. That failed, instead opening up a highway for zeds to rush in. Gonswanza uses this as an excuse to attack the US, but the attack is redirected to China, which was quick to fall to the zombie threat. Kotun was still safe, as Laura watches the world burn from monitors. The EU was barely holding together. Africa was crumbling. South and Central America were rife with the undead. North America was on fire. Asia is burning. The Middle East was now the "Undead" East. People were trying to get to the Antarctic, but colliding with zombie ships had dire results for the ones that just so happened to run into these ships by chance, due to their tracking equipment being shut off. It truly was a dark time...
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

GreatOceania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2021
Libertarian Police State

Postby GreatOceania » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm

At first Oceania tried to contain the Dead Zone Breach by sending Bunch of troops into the area to prevent the Totem Droids and other feral Brethren from advancing and to give time for the engineers to build a wall to contain the threat however what no one knew was that the Toten Droids could Mimic living and non-living things meaning they could appear as refugee escaping and then revert back to their original form and continue finding new prey this is why they needed to contain the area as fast as possible however it was falling apart when they first encountered a Toten Droid it managed to get hold of a PKM machine gun was able gunned down many Oceanian soldiers before running off after few hours soldiers were ordered to retreat and engineers only managed to block off area that were leading to major cities and industrial areas everywhere else was considered a lost cause due to rapid spread of the brethren’s overrunning the villages and smaller towns and cities. The place was called the Dead Man Exclusion Zone. High ranking officials are debating on what to do they can’t nuke the area since it only make the creatures much more stronger from the radiation and fighting them will result in more deaths.

Almanty
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Almanty » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:07 am

Presidential's Office - Telephone Room - 12 May 1990

The Presidential Office look busy as usual with many government officials walking from one door to another, sometimes they chatting and laughing despite the outbreak that have declared national emergency month ago after the first of so called 'the sick' appears in the Almanty, after that the newslines of 'undead walking' never stop broadcasting in Almanty and start putting toll on people, by starting mass disorder and discreditting scientists - it was after the data leak showing the first outbreak occur in the lab, and some scientist who propose the radical idea to purge the high populated area with nuclear bomb to control the infection.

Not far from the main Corridor of Power, there is a the Telephone Room - named so because the room was used by President if he want to contact or got contacted by another head of states via telephone, total there are 14 telephone in the tables with name of each country in it. But the atmosphere of the Telephone Room is more serious and noisy as there are many call ringing from all over the world.

"So what the latest situation in here" someone dressed like a international agent ask to the official, the someone is a MERDEKA Malik a Head of Security and the only bodyguard of the President. "I have a bad news sir, the Mideanistan government have been couped by a terrorist group, and now many of refugee is fleeing from the country despite the global outbreak happend. And now some of them is heading here." The officials explain while handed the document "TOP SECRET" in the front.

"Any other. Bad news you want to share?" His eyes still sticking to the document which now the paper can be read 'Situation Report on Mideanistan' '1-12 may' 'The Sick infection case' in the end it read 'For Officials Only'. "*gulp* that's for now sir, the good news is the D.O.M.E. is dispatching it's Personnels to helping us, they also bringing the Medical and Disease Specialist, ETA in 36 hours" the official ends its report while seeing the watch, saluting then exit the room. "Ah look like the Dome start cleaning the mess uh, I will keep an eye on them once they in here" Merdeka sigh while inserting the document in the black suitcase, and moving to the exit door.

Ellinika Nisia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ellinika Nisia » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Major Incident
Autonomous Crete Island, Tuesday 19th October.

T1: Tank Crew One
H1: Helicopter Crew One
S1: Soldier One
S2: Soldier Two
S3: Soldier Three

Begining Radio Logs...

T1: On route to the destination, estimated arrival is two minutes, over.

H1: We see you, over.

S2: Something is ahead, a destroyed car, over.

S1: *Explosion* Car’s gone, nobody inside. I suggest continuing, over.

T1: Understood, over.

S3: *Distant Chatter*

H1: Multiple, assumed dead individuals ahead. Unable to get a better view, over.

S2: Approaching the scene, over.

S3: One Individual is moving, attempting to interact... Sir! Are you hurt, Sir you're going to be okay. Ellinika Nisia Arm- HOSTILE I REPEAT HOSTI- *Smashing sound, S3 radio assumed broken.*

S1: *Gunfire, assumed running.*

T1: *Tank cannon fires, distant explosion. Machine gunfire.*

S2: MULTIPLE HOSTILES, RETREAT AGHHHHH. *Screams, S2 radio is assumed broken.*

S1: *Single Gunshot, radio left active for hours after. Assumed self-inflicted death.*

H1: *Missiles launching.*

T1: Distant explosions.

End of Logs...

Known Mission Deaths: 3.
Survivors: One Tank Crew, One Helicopter Crew.
Mission Status: Failure.
Current Estimated Civilian Deaths: 368.

ELINIKA NISIAN GOVERNMENT RELEASE

As of the 19th of October, a mandatory evacuation of the Island of Crete is in effect. This follows a deadly outbreak of a new virus known as “Creten Corpes”, which is currently suspected to bring back the deceased.

If you notice any individual with completed black eyes, grey skin or visible bones, run away swiftly. The affected are known to be slow, with only the rare outlier.

Remain calm while evacuating, only bring the essentials and any firearm or melee weapon you may have. Government forces will aid where deemed possible.

Freedom, Democracy and Technology!

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Gonswanza continues to act as a fortress of solitude, yet, the undead were gaining ground fast. Even if the US was considered a "dead zone" as the entirety of the midwest was burned to hell and back, there were still zombies on the east and west coast. Cuba was resisting the undead droves of fish, but the birds soon brought the virus to them, as it hops from island to island in quick order. Israel was evacuated before it was entirely razed in nuclear hellfire. Anyone unable to escape was given a quick and sudden death, far better than being infected. Kotun was on lockdown, however, security forces were now having to fend off deep-sea squid and crabs that had somehow become infected, perhaps due to contact with infected whales. Even then, the infection was starting to take hold on the land above, with civilians being sorted out into camps and being either euthanized or sent down into bunkers. The military was taking over, making sure that civilians were wearing proper PPE by force, as otherwise they would be taken to a euthanization camp. Over on the prison island, however...

... It's normal daily life. Sure, the sharp bursts of gunfire and panic from infected seagulls were new, but the island was so heavily defended and the prison so well built that not even a public airliner could crash into it and breach the prison. Thus, virtually impenetrable, even if supplies would eventually run out given no real connection to the mainland.

Neo-Western East Korea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Neo-Western East Korea » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm

Time: 3:50 PM

As he lit up the smoke, Boris thought. The situation had evolved in a manner.... distinctly unfavorable to his advantage, but he still believed there was hope for a turnaround.
He looked around the room, although it's quality was far lower than his personal accommodations, it was acting as a decent forward base until things could be.... calmed down, inside and outside of the building.
As he looked over the most recent communication, he scowled a small bit.

Report C-935
"Attention, survivors of the CIS building. This is Pyoyter Nakiovich, with an situational report and enclosed orders to deal with the current crisis."
As Boris continued to skim through the (incredibly dry) paper, he looked up at his current compatriots. 2 soldiers from the more militant branch of the CIS, who had been meeting with him over some beer when the memo was sent out.

Apparently, they were to "Hold the line against any aggressor" and "Secure the bunkers for the eventual evacuation order", although with those.... things still up and about, he doubted they would be able to hold the entire building.

He checked his revolver for the 4th time those 10 minutes..... He had the terrible feeling it was going to be empty by the time they finally got out of this dump.
What the Hell is a Myaku?:
Time system inspired by(copied from- since i'm still in the early stages) Swatch Internet Time.
1 day is 1000 Myaku, 1 Hour is 41.6 Myaku, 1 Myaku is 1.26 minutes. To get the time in Myaku, do (3600(hour) + 60 (minute) + seconds) divided by 86.4

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Qhevak » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:06 am

Ten thousand meters deep was a rather boring place to be, most of the time. Little survives down here, under a mountain’s weight of water – even the greatest cthonic horrors of the fractal Earth’s endless, multiply connected sea mostly preferred the relative ease of hunting in the abyssal, while the hadal depths were left only to small flat, twisted things, barely eking out a pitiful existence. Save the study of those, there’s little practical reason to go this deep, unless you’re trying to hide. Unless you’re from strange, alien worlds, trying experiments few would consider sane.

Biospecialist Nate Parlmer sat lounged in a comfy virtual room in the computer core of Site Cetus, watching through the window of a warm winter cabin as the Selkie ROV slowly came into shape under the soft redness of the perimeter lights. MHD jets fired in slow, steady bursts as the little robosub weaved it’s way into the waiting hold of the site docking bay with programmed precision, before a slight CLANG reverberated through the little seabase as the docking ports locked. The time for real work had started.

“Ready to finally meet Zeke?” Mission Specialist Pele Quel asked, the amorphous As’i vir form of the site technician squelching up next to him. Parlmer got up, pausing the cabin vir with a thought as he prepared to move. “Surprisingly so”, Nate replied. “Think I’ve seen it enough on the above surface drone footage, and with our prep it shouldn’t be much more dangerous than mere footage. Damn things don't even recognize us synths as alive.” He waved open a shimmering gateway to the site’s control vir. “Besides, it’s hard to handle being a mere observer to this shit. Want to get in on it myself.”

Site Cetus’ control vir was spartan, a small spherical space with a background of shifting fractals dotted by virtual control displays. The rest were already occupied – Nate and Pele got ready, opening up a field of virtual displays as their minds merged with site systems. “Can I get the honor?” Pele asked. “This op was my idea, after all.” “Go ahead,” Security Operator Sally Long replied, in the midst of double-checking site externals to ensure no unwelcome externals.

With a thought, the docking port separating the ROV from the rest of the site opened, and a hardened, coffinlike container, sporting large bio- and thaumohazard symbols, extended out from the Selkie’s cargo bay into the secondary docking room of Cetus. Pele maneuvered a transport drone to take the container, which shaked subtly from the inside as the drone acquired it, before sending the drone through an adjacent airlock into Hazard Labs, a silvery catlike Goblin combat drone accompanying. Then the Hazard Labs entrance closed and locked firmly, separating the clean, white, surprisingly spacious room from the rest of the facility. “Closed, locked and ready to go. Ladies, gentlemen and nonspecific entities, let’s meet the meat.” Container locks slowly whirred open, before the coffin’s doors slid open and a pair of rotting hands shot out, only to be caught mid-lunge by the vastly swifter cargo bot which pulled it out and into the air. The Gobin drone scuttled back, training it’s micropulse blaster on the thing’s head.

“Omega that’s ugly.” Nate said over the commlink. Held spread eagle in the center of Hazard Labs was a gangrenous, rotting thing, a gross facsimile of what was once a man, still clad in the tatters of jeans and a black tactical looking Lyran Arms T-shirt from when it still clung to life. Nate thanked any higher power listening that it’s exposed… lower organs had already rotted away. The ghoul attempted to screech with what was left of it’s vocal chords but made only a soft moan, straining to tear it’s way free of the drone’s grasp and get at the human meat samples being stem cell cultured on the room’s right end – intentionally crafted as a lure. The cargo drone ignored the futile efforts, shifting the coffin aside and moving the zombie to a stationary rig on the left end of the room – an odd restraint contraption resembling the sorts of stepper machines one might see at a gym. It slowly hooked the zed into the machine, and, now given a small degree of freedom, the ghoul dutily lumbered in place towards the cultured human flesh, ignoring all else. A wheel attached to it began to spin, and seconds later a new variable appeared on the control teams’ readouts:

911 WATTS ELECTRIC GENERATED TIME AVERAGED

HELL YEAH!”, Pele shouted, blasting loud airhorn noises over comms that Sally cut off in short order. “PERPETUAL FUCKIN' MOTION, TAKE THAT LUDWIG BITCHMANN!

"You know it isn't reall-" Tore Danner started, before Pele cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah I know. Perpetual motion isn't, not really. It's gotta be drawing the energy somewhere, whether this planet's ambient magic or dark matter or higher dimensions, and it's our job to find out what. And assuming it is magic, it probably won't even be motile in Community space. But a girl can dream, can't she? And for practical purposes..."

The following hours and days were a period of endless experimentation, long boring stretches of data analysis broken up by short surges of intense excitement and disappointment. Hope for an easy vaccine was ruled out - the virus, now clearly supernatural, mutated at breakneck rates, and could only be actively purged via extreme heat or actively ripping it apart with nano. Curing was likely impossible - hosts were clearly far too dead to restore naturally. Perpetual motion power generation of nearly a kilowatt was successfully sustained for 48 hours, though by the end of that period it was showing enough wear to end the experiment. More interesting was that the virus appeared to be very broadly infective, capable of assimilating cell cultures from many larger animals. They could only be glad that the nightmare scenario of zombie mosquitoes was ruled out, however - zombified birds were bad enough.

Was the virus crafted? The properties of the thing strongly suggested it, but if you were trying to make a true supernatural doomsday virus slow, lumbering infectees that spread the disease via bite seemed like a poor idea. Or a natural virus, which somehow evolved to feed off ambient magic? The one thing they knew for sure right now was that, save a miracle or larger ultratech or magic intervention, this world was on the verge of catastrophe like no other.
Last edited by Qhevak on Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Oortian Community of Qhevak
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
Previously Gogol Transcendancy, Ibis Galaxy Alliance.
N&I RP in a shellnut

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

The Slick Sick Six (MT)

Postby Palmyrion » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:38 am

Palmyrion Presents
A Zombie-Slaying Ensemble that will give Zombieland a run for its money... (Music, Maestro!)

SLICK SICK SIX

Exit light, enter night!
Take my hand - we're off to never, neverland!

013007H [DATA CORRUPTED BY TEMPORAL ANOMALY] 2021
Fort Santo Domingo, Santa Rosa, Laguna
Laguna Federal Republic
Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth

A projector brightly lit a small portion of the briefing room with its focused rays of light, themselves manifested through the Tyndall effect from all the dust in the room from all the freshly-dried mud that seven people in the room brought in from outside during a cold, humid, and rainy tropical night. Maybe the recently-installed HEPA filters weren't working well, or they were working as expected; after all they were bought from the lowest bidder by a money-hungry military.

The soldiers, six of the CDF's finest operators still wearing their military-issue pajamas and slippers, were awoken rudely at the dead of night from such a comfortable deep sleep were quite jittery for the presenter, their platoon commander, to brief them quickly and get it done with. And get it quickly the captain did.

"Three days ago, StratCom was alerted to a strange, plague-like illness in the mining town of Paracale, in Camarines, Bicol, clustered mainly around the mining district. Victims of the strange illness exhibited the usual symptoms: fever, buboes, fatigue, with restlessness being a strange symptom. 24 hours later there has been a spike in aggravated assault reports around the mining district, the perpetrators being the known infected; the infected were apparently so aggressive they wouldn't stop attacking until they were shot dead or rendered unconscious. At 001106H earlier, the CDF station in the mine proper sent a distress signal saying they were being attacked by "hordes of infected", and after that they went mostly dark. Sporadic reports over the next hour said the mine proper has been locked down."

This is straight out of a zombie film... one Alexander Vera, a huge, muscularly-built 6-footer man, mentally remarked to himself as he watched the slides flick through and through and listened to the lieutenant's briefing.

"Your mission is to infiltrate and secure the CDF station for preparation for future operations in the mine. Afterwards you are to secure the rest of the mine and find out whatever is causing this illness. Considering we have a potential biological threat imminent, you are to don respirators and have all parts of your body covered; show no skin. You will be given one hour to prepare. Dismissed."

030507H [DATA CORRUPTED BY TEMPORAL ANOMALY] 2021
Paracale, Province of Camarines, Bicol Federal Republic
Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth

SSG Ezra Kean "Dozer" Santos (Squad Leader)
    SGT Patricia "Patch" Magtoles (Assistant Squad Leader)

From aboard the UH.121, the Paracale Mining District, itself a huge motherlode of an estimated 100,000 metric tonnes of gold, was clearly visible from the air (albeit obscured by heavy rains), the district pock-marked with mineshafts here and there from artisanal compressor mining operations and dominated by a sprawling, well-lit open-pit gold mine owned by the huge Basaran Mining Corporation. The mining district seemed like a desolate, forsaken wasteland in contrast to the relatively lush tree-lined avenues in the town, the product of a city greenifying collaboration between Basaran Mining and the town government as part of early mine rehabilitation projects. From here he could see CDF and PNP patrols scouring the town amidst the town's humdrum nightlife, relatively undisturbed by what seemed to be something reminiscent of a zombie outbreak going on in the mine. It won't remain undisturbed for long.

"Alpha 1-1, this is Alpha One Actual, do you have me loud and clear, over?" their platoon commander announced through the radio, after which Dozer a challenge first to verify before they continued talking.

"Roger Alpha One Actual, verify for challenge Galen, over." Dozer challenged over the radio, as per standard radio communication protocols. "Roger that, verify reply Avicenna to challenge Galen, how copy over?", verified Alpha Actual.

"Roger that Alpha One Actual, reply verified and challenge passed, send traffic over."

"Alpha 1-1 be advised, sparse reports coming from civilian channels indicate that the disease has spread to the city proper through carriers that exited the mining district before the lockdown." Alpha One Actual began. "Military and police units in the AO have been alerted accordingly, but you are still to continue your mission. Do you copy, over?." the company commander added, to which Alpha Dozer replied "Alpha One Actual, Alpha 1-1, roger that. We'll clear the CDF outpost and keep you posted. Alpha 1-1 out."

"Green light sa loob ng isang minuto! Humanda na kayo!" (Green light within one minute! Ready yourselves!) the pilot announced over the on-board communication systems, the chop-chopping of the rotors only muffled ever slightly so by the closed fuselage doors. One minute later, the helicopter doors slid open, and a rappelling rope descended onto the helicopter pad of the relatively desolate CDF station. "Go! Go! Go!" said Dozer as he and his team rappelled down onto the helipad, and established a security box around the helicopter pad. Not long after, a few zombies in full CDF patrol gear limp-sprinted over to the helipad, which the squad swiftly shot down using their suppressed weapons, their tainted blood flowing out onto the drenched helipad as heavy rain pelted their

Dozer: Helipad clear. Patch, take point.

Patch: Roger that.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

The Democratic Republic of Nytoa
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Nytoa » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:42 am

[size=150]
Atrea times BREAKING: Outbreaks of a new virus in Nytoan controlled Johannesburg

At 7:30 PM in Johannesburg police were called to a small residential area where reports were received of murders who turned his victims into other killers. 3 police were sent into a small house where one of the killers had been reported to have entered, Radio contact was cut the 2 other police came in one disappearing while investigating a house the other retreated to the car where he drove away a SWAT team of 19 people then entered the area following a 2 hour long battle all known hostiles were terminated a follow up investigation found this to be a mutated version if Creten corpses.the death count is currently at 3 SWAT officers 2 police officers and 82 civilians. smaller outbreaks have occured across Johannesburg the city is now under military quarantine
Does NOT fully represent my views

Member of ICDN, Nato and UCA (and all of its predecessors)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

New account: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=nyetoa

Conozek
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Conozek » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Conozekian Government Press Release

Today In Conozek a new Virus Has broken out. It was discovered after A man was found dead in his home and they eventually found a mutated creature. All people in Conozek are required to stay at home and to only use armed intervention if necessary.
Also known as Tartan

Almanty
Bureaucrat

Postby Almanty » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:01 pm

Presidential's Office - President's Main Office - 12 May 1990

Merdeka continue his steps torward the President's Office, but before that he must pass the scanning process, decided by a man wearing hazmat suit with gadget in his hand, the safety of the entire building is depending on him.

No one in line, so he can rush it without wasting any time, he step in the yellow box without ordered, he know the rule, a man with hazmat continue proceed with the scanning using the gadget - a cripptic sound made by the gadget like geiger counter. The gadget work by detecting any anomaly frequency that emit from the body. And clear!

Merdeka made it toward the President's office, he slowly open the door and crack sound from the door followed. A large room with a ornament and artistic object decorated the room, in the middle of room there is a tiny desk and chair, with the President of Almanty, ANJAY Ekrata. Sitting there while reading some documents with his secretary.

"This is the documents you have ordered me to obtain" Merdeka handed the briefcase full of documents. "Thank you Malik" ANJAY nod then take the briefcase and review the documents.

(FILE)102401937
Pandemic, Disease Intelligence Bureau
Finding the cure

Pandemic

Major Changes
  • PDIB have change the zombification agent from 'nano virus' to 'nanoweapon'
  • PDIB review the theory of "universal machine" which state the nanoweapon can replicate and working at the same time without need of other machine.
  • PDIB conclude the nanoweapon is able to erase the memory of animals.
  • PDBI found the infected dead body still contagious for not determined time, red zone will become permanent.
  • PDBI suggest all key staff and personnel to be transported to Erbora MB as the capital is under red zone.

After 2 minute of reading, the President closed the document and ask Merdeka "did there is anything you want to report?" "The Capital Fighter operative and warfighters have been reported operated in the perimeter and there are too few men to guarding the perimeter" ANJAY then order to evacuate building "Malik I want you to evacuate this building in 4 hours" "nobody left behind, not even the janitor" "yes sir" Merdeka nod and turning back to the door, and begin preparation of evacuation.

Moulk
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Zombie report 1

Postby Moulk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:12 pm

FIle 3021
CLASSIFIED
Report: "I saw some zombies in the ally way of the mound bank they were coming out of the warehouse of the honkdonk
some sort of witch must be responsible"

Units on deployment
10 marines(missing)
1scarab(missing)
1swat team(not responding)

=Update=
Report: "I saw the missing soldiers they are zombies ZOMBIES!)
units on deployment
1tank(responding)

=Update=
repo-..;'.;'.'l;&*^76*@)(3#$

Almanty
Bureaucrat

Postby Almanty » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:56 am

Previous: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=511156&p=39077850&sid=e2151fb63f1b747cc5d2f1f56691a6b9#p39077850

Presidential's Office - Helipad Rooftops - 12 May 1990

After four hours of evacuation, now remain the last group, all gathered at the rooftops. They are several security personnel, the President, Anjay; his secretary, Maggie; and Merdeka, waiting for the extraction by the helicopters. The scene in rooftops look beautiful with the sky turn orange as the sun lost in the horizon, it is afternoon now.

The building have been under emergency protocol, activated blast doors that make the building like a maze and defense system that help securing the primeteres but barely hold insurgents that wielding the rocket-propelled grenade, but before the building taken by the insurgents it has begin scorched earth policy.

The long awaited finally paid off as the four helicopter finally arrives, landed safely in the helipad, that helicopter is U-71A Medium Utility Helicopters, not a fancier one for a presidential transportation.

"Okay everyone let's aboard!" A soldier with airforce dress opening the door from inside and greeting the group. Without wasting any more time, one by one hop in to the helicopters, the President, Merdeka and other two soldier ride in the same helicopter, while Maggie and the rest take another chopper. The rotor start spinning and dust start twirling as the helicopter begin to raise from the ground.

In minute, the helicopters have been in the air, leaving the a place that become a heritage of the nation, now it heading toward Erbora MB, a military base with huge underground complex that was decomissioned after the cold war, now it serves to the nation again.

While in the air, the President Anjay reading files that was before receive from Merdeka. On the same time, Merdeka doing his personal recording on the other side, finding some privacy. Everything seem fine until...

"Missile incoming, deploy the countermeasure!" Computer says as the helicopter being targeted by the missiles, the beep sound filled the inside of helicopter. Too early... the missile ignore the flare but before it hit the president's helicopter, one of the helicopter cover it and take a hit instead, resulting massive explosive in the sky.

3 helicopter remains while another missiles fired from the ground, the president's chopper is targeted again, tried to evade as the flare is empty but too late... before the other helicopters cover it, the missile struck in the helicopter's tail, losing stability and start to crash. While another two helicopters remain in the air and gone in the sky leaving the remnant of the crashed helicopter.

Gonswanza
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:29 am

Gonswanza soon gives in. Well, it seemed that way. In all reality, civilians were evacuated into bunkers, the surface locked up, and soon left barren... Before the bombs dropped. A glorious light show erupts, as thousands of zombies are vaporized, leaving Gonswanza a scarred and now barren mess. Underground, things were fine... However, in Kotun, fighting continues, as forces were keen on using the portal device leading to the WA as a means of escape, but that was shut down when a zombie octopus destroyed the equipment, perhaps as a minor act of god to ensure no easy way out. Not that Laura Ortiz believed in such things, but she was almost excited by the idea of going on a wild hunt, killing zombies for her own pleasure.

Laura was built different. Mentally, anyways.

Olwe
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 am

The Olwean government was rising up against the undead. In Nariel Emperor Jason Frost was hacking and slashing his way through the hordes with his enchanted sword, Madeline; in New Doriath Grand Duchess Sakiko Kanazawa was directing nature itself against the zombies, using her ability to speak to and control flora and fauna to make the landscape and its inhabitants fight the enemy; and even the Olwean National Quidditch Team had formed a flying cavalry, aided by local Pegasi and Alicorns, focusing their attention on battling the airborne zombies as Gonswanza was not the only nation with an undead bird problem (and in Olwe’s case, it was becoming an undead dragon problem).

Meanwhile, scientists and researchers still scrambled to figure out who or what had caused this incident, while the Diplomatic Corps tried to ascertain whether the Almantian president had survived a recent helicopter crash. Things were looking grim, but there were spots of hope. The Olweans just had to keep on fighting.

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 am

It was a peaceful day in The King Isle, everything was calm, Everyone was out enjoying themselves when suddenly a zombie like creature appeared, everyone ran back to their homes, it was really scary,
When they came back to their homes and turned on their Tv's and this Message Appeared
Emergency Alert System EAS
The Kingmen Government have issued a:
Civil Danger Warning

This is a message from the Kingmen Government, today a virus has broken out that turns people into zombie like creatures, As a result we request you stay at home and only use armed intervention if necessary, once again this was a message from the Kingmen Government. Stay tuned for more updates

Suddenly a horde of Zombies were in Gloria, Troops were immediately sent with rifles to get rid of the zombie like creatures.
IC NAME: Tartania

Almanty
Bureaucrat

Postby Almanty » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:49 am

U-71A Crash Site
[REDACTED] - [REDACTED] - [REDACTED]

A helicopter with unidentified emblem landed in the grassland, soldiers with full gear jumping out from the helicopter..

Hagar: "*static*Listen up Dome Rapid team, the command has chosen me to lead this entire operation."

Hagar: "But before we started we will do the briefing again."

Hagar:"A Helicopter of U-71A has been shot down and it has fallen on the territory controlled by Capital Fighters Insurgents Group."

Hagar:"There is a CSAR team at the crash site who stabilize the condition of the wounded soldiers and prepare dead bodies for evacuation."

Hagar: "Your task is to secure the perimeter around the crash site of the helicopter U-71A and wait for the arrival of the rescue convoy.

Hagar: "Our intel suggest low intensity of the infected in the sector, but large force of enemy is mobilized to the site."

Hagar: "Due to recent incident, air space around the crash site has been declare restricted, your helicopter landed afar from the site, and proceed it with walking."

Hagar: "Close air support is not an option until the area is clear."

Hagar: "Please keep maintain the communication, we will keep monitoring your status."

RDU-1: "10-4."

RDU-2, RDU-3, RDU-4: "Affirmative."

Maggie: "I know you are just coming here after a long journey, and tasked for a mission that you just briefly arrives 50 minutes ago. But In the name of the President's Office we are very thank you for D.O.M.E. personnel rapid team that partake this mission."

RDU-1: "[RDU-3 take a shot.] Rapid team reporting first contact with the necrosis, over"

Hagar: "the necrosis?"

Marcus: "That is the organizational term for the undead IF anybody is asked."

Hagar: "How do you get in here, and who the *bleep* are you!?"

Marcus: "Don't be alarmed, Hagar. I-I'm the supervisor from the Dome that is now helping your government. Like my rapid team that your military borrowed the second they are here, what I found out is they do your bidding to save the President."
Last edited by Almanty on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents