NATION

PASSWORD

Mark Adams vs. Papa Pepperoni's Pizza (Courtroom RP OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Mark Adams vs. Papa Pepperoni's Pizza (Courtroom RP OOC)

Postby Caliland » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:29 pm

This RP is basically a mock trial, centered around a fictional case. The court procedures will follow the rules for a civil trial in America, adapted for NS.

The Plaintiff: Mark Adams, a retired military veteran who claims that Papa Pepperoni’s Pizza, a pizza restaurant in his city, denied him a military discount on veteran’s day. He refused to settle out of court. Now he’s suing.

The Defendant: Papa Pepperoni’s Pizza, and it’s owner, Duncan Malloy. He claims that no discount was offered or advertised, and that Mr. Adams had no reason to believe a discount would be offered, and was trying to get away with paying less.

Characters:
Judge Grisham, Mark Adams, Duncan Malloy, Bailiff. (all played by me)

Lawyers:
Plaintiff:
Defendant:

Jurors:

Witnesses (also played by me):
Annie Adams, the plaintiff’s wife who went with him to the restaurant.
James Adams, the plaintiff’s son, visiting his parents, who went with them to the restaurant.
Chet Harper, an employee at Papa Pepperoni’s, working on the day of Nov. 11.
Mike Welsh, a man who was behind the plaintiff in line at the restaurant on Nov. 11.
Aaron Miles, an employee at Papa Pepperoni’s who took the plaintiff’s order.
Jane Evans, a former employee at Papa Pepperoni’s, who worked there for 2 years, before leaving a year ago

Evidence
Exhibit A: Picture of Papa Pepperoni’s building, taken Nov. 11. The picture shows only 4 advertisements on the building, 2 for their new quadruple-meat pizza, 1 for their chocolate brownies, and 1 advertising their “45-minutes or it’s free” delivery.

Exhibit B: One of Papa Pepperoni’s flyers, from the week of Nov. 11. The flyer shows the same promotions as the posters on the building. As well as a coupon for a buy one get one free pizza.

Exhibit C: Papa Pepperoni flyer, dated the week of October 12. Same as the flyer from November.

Exhibit D: A copy of a complaint filed to the local police department on July 5. It states that the plaintiff flew into a rage on finding he would not be given any special accommodations at a baseball game.

How the RP will work:
In essence, there are 3 parts to this RP. The jury, made up of players, who decide the verdict. The lawyers, two players, who argue their cases based on the evidence provided. The court, me the OP, who will be the judge, and provide evidence and testimony which the lawyers will use to craft arguments, and the jury will use to render a verdict.
First, the Plaintiff’s lawyer will deliver their opening statement, followed by the Defendant’s lawyer. Then the witnesses will be called, in the order that they appear on the list. Each lawyer will question the witness. Finally the jury will deliberate, once they all agree to a verdict, they will each post so.

Code: Select all
Character Application
Nation Name:
Character Name:
Are they a: (check box with an X)
[ ] lawyer
[ ] juror
If you are a juror, do you promise to be fair?:

In the event that more than one application is submitted for the same character, I will choose whoever’s was submitted first, just to be fair.
Last edited by Caliland on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Hanovereich
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanovereich » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:15 am

Hmm, I'm not an law expert or anything, but a case over a denial of a discount? That seems a little... implausible.

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:07 am

It's the first thing that came to mind.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse