NATION

PASSWORD

Paragon Industries (OOC - Comedy / Tech / Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 am

Nova Catania wrote:Can I make a logo for Paragon Industries?

That would be awesome! I didn't know anyone here could do that! Mad crazy skills you have.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Caliland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caliland » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Can this be my secondary character?

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
He looks like Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes

Name: Sir James Yorkshire

Species: human

Sex male

Personality: He is a man out of his time, doesn’t like Americans, calls himself a genius, and is unafraid to call people idiots. He is basically Thomas Edison, Sherlock Holmes, and Doc Brown all rolled into one.

Skills/Powers: Genius, steampunk engineering abilities, and chess whiz.

Weaknesses Any modern tech (he calls computers “Those Bloody Electric Computational Devices”), his overconfidence is clear to see.

Occupation: ‘Technical Consultant’, a nice way to say babysitting the new engineers.

Bio: In the 1880’s, in London, Sir James Yorkshire was a brilliant inventor, when he went on a research trip to Greenland, his ship got caught in a blizzard. The crew and passengers froze to death, but Sir James’ bulk kept jis body alive longer, until he gradually went into cryostats. Almost 140 years later, in 2021, another research crew found the wreck an Sir James’ body, which had gradually thawed due to climate change. He was sent to the Royal Institute in London, where he was dismissed as a hoax. He went to his home, now a small museum dedicated to him. There he stayed, rebuilding his lab and workshop. Paragon Industries acquired his museum, and he hitched a ride to the States hidden as a wax figure of himself. When he was found, he was put to work.

Why Are They Here?: not much choice, this is the only home he has.

Character Goal: Originally, he wanted to go down in history as great inventor, so finding out that he is now just a footnote in the history books was disappointing. He is now more invigorated to go down in history.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Just the 19th century clothes on his back, and his wacky inventions.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: tea, crumpets, classical music and anything British. Dislikes: anything he deems American since he thinks they are uncultured and uncivilized, the French, computers and robots, and the weather if it’s not raining.

Other: He went into a fit when he read that Britain lost it’s empire, and that America is now a global superpower.
Last edited by Caliland on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A direct democracy on islands off the coast of California, where government affairs are filmed for a reality TV show and social media is the only way to vote. Member of UAN & ICDN

Check out my political satire RP

Not a joke nation, just heavy-handed with the humor, but can and will be serious if needed.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Here’s the logo:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Whatever you tried to link there didn't work.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:54 pm

NICE! I will get it put up on the pages tonight (and credit you of course)!

Caliland - Your new character is Accepted! Welcome (again) to Paragon Industries!
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Nova Catania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Catania » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:26 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Whatever you tried to link there didn't work.

It works for me, but the same thing happens to me with imgur, so I use imgBB. The logo is just the Stark Industries logo with “Paragon Industries” written on it.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:35 am

Hey guys. I'll update the OOC sometime today. Yesterday was incredibly busy (worked almost 10 hrs. and then was exhausted). Taking the morning off and then should be able to do some behind the scenes things and read up on the IC.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:57 am

Tag. This place seems extremely short on interns. Might app as one eventually

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Character App

Techsavvy - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes. Removal will result in immediate denial
She looks like Sarah Silverman (not sorry)

Name: Elise Gustafson

Species: pure human

Sex: female

Personality: Elise is a cold, hard woman, prone to deadpan snarkery and musing on the nature of evil. She is intelligent and quite sadistic, and she likes to spend her time thinking about "dirty tricks". Deep down, she is still that mean girl from high school.

Skills/Powers: Elise Gustafson is good at being a corrupt lawyer and writing clauses in contracts that screw over employees.

Weaknesses She isn't an actual lawyer. If anyone finds out, Elise is screwed.

Bio: Elise Gustafson was born into an upper-class family from Caerus City. She learned how to be an evil lawyer by being a mean girl in a public high school. After gaining a degree in psychology, she went to law school. Elise showed great cutthroatness even for a lawyer, worrying her teachers. It all came to a head when Elise Gustafson did not pass her bar exam. Instead of reenrolling in law school and taking it again, she counterfeited a certificate and said she was already a corporate lawyer.

Elise Gustafson began working for Paragon Industries in its glory days (she's old enough for that, right?). She was fired and put on trial after her fraud was discovered. But Elise was declared innocent of all fraud by a bored jury. She bounced around from company to company until she heard that Paragon Industries had a new CEO. She was hired, and in fact helped write Paragon's employee contracts. None of which apply to her, of course.

Why Are They Here?: She faked her law degree and no other company will hire her. Vanessa has taken Elise at her word and hasn't looked into her past... yet.

Character Goal: Elise doesn't really have a goal beyond "make money" and "still keep practicing as a lawyer", but her trajectory in this RP will have her continue spiraling into darkness. She might go crazy at the end.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: -Fifteen power suits from the eighties. Yes, she really likes those.

-Special coffee mug. It's her special coffee mug. She stole it from a classmate when she was 16.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: Obscure legal clauses in Akkadian, cats, musing on the nature of evil, coffee, really dark humor, eighties power suits.

Dislikes: Slapstick humor, corn (pop or otherwise), being insulted, anyone suspecting her secret, gray hairs.

Other: "Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Voxija wrote:
Character App

Name: Elise Gustafson

Species: pure human

She is definitely old enough to have been with Paragon back in the glory days. I like - a corrupt evil lawyer, so corrupt she doesn't actually have a law degree. The 80's tech suits are pretty awesome too. Elise Gustafson is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

I will get the roster updated now.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Ok. Roster is updated. The new logo is up - at least on the Roster post. For whatever reason, every time I look at the first post, I'm seeing all the coding. Anyone know why it's not coming up for me?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Talchyon wrote:Ok. Roster is updated. The new logo is up - at least on the Roster post. For whatever reason, every time I look at the first post, I'm seeing all the coding. Anyone know why it's not coming up for me?

It was a mod edit. You apparently broke the thread somehow.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:31 am

Talchyon wrote:Ok. Roster is updated. The new logo is up - at least on the Roster post. For whatever reason, every time I look at the first post, I'm seeing all the coding. Anyone know why it's not coming up for me?

Your BBCode got turned off by a mod because your post broke the page. In the "Options" box below the post on the edit screen you can reenable it after you fix the issue. Also, did you miss my post?
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:54 am

Window Land wrote:
Character App

Name: James Anderson

Species: Human

I did miss this. Sorry - thought I had gotten all of the apps in.

James Anderson reminds me of Wally from the Dilbert comic strips. I highly highly approve of Wally from the Dilbert comic strips. James Anderson is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Also, thanks for the advice on the coding. I'll try it and see if it works.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:58 am

Window Land wrote:

Your BBCode got turned off by a mod because your post broke the page. In the "Options" box below the post on the edit screen you can reenable it after you fix the issue. Also, did you miss my post?

And the suggestion works! Thanks Window! Glad to have it looking a lot more professional (which, coincidentally, is also antithetical to the force driving Paragon Industries, but I'm not bothered by it).

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:58 am

Talchyon wrote:
Window Land wrote:
Character App

Name: James Anderson

Species: Human

James Anderson reminds me of Wally from the Dilbert comic strips. I highly highly approve of Wally from the Dilbert comic strips. James Anderson is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Sweet. Also, just a heads ups, there are a couple of broken [spoiler] tags in your latest IC post.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am

Window Land wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Sweet. Also, just a heads ups, there are a couple of broken [spoiler] tags in your latest IC post.

Seen and fixed. I'll let you guys in on a little secret. I'm more of a writer than a coder.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Window Land wrote:Sweet. Also, just a heads ups, there are a couple of broken [spoiler] tags in your latest IC post.

Seen and fixed. I'll let you guys in on a little secret. I'm more of a writer than a coder.

The post's still broken.
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:06 pm

Voxija wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

The post's still broken.

I didn't spoiler Gweb's comment just because it was so short. Was there anything else you're seeing? I thought I got it all.

Voxija
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 am

Talchyon wrote:
Voxija wrote:
The post's still broken.

I didn't spoiler Gweb's comment just because it was so short. Was there anything else you're seeing? I thought I got it all.

No, the opening post of the OOC. It's still broken.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:52 am

Is there room for another robot?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 am

Barapam wrote:Is there room for another robot?

There is always room for you, old friend. Another robot would be great.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:43 pm

Character App

Name: KIM (stands for Kooky yet Intelligent Machine)

Age: 4, but intellectually on the level of a human of ca 25-35 years.

Species: Robot

Sex Female

Personality: KIM is a selfish ladette, and tend to be a jerk to pretty much everyone unless she likes someone, or see a peculiar reason to be nice. She's a robot supremacist and a communist, and that often shines through in her interaction with others. She'd potentially be very dangerous, if she wasn't so very lazy and quick to abandon projects which she never seem to bother to fully commit to anyway, no matter how vocal she is about them.

Skills/Powers: KIM is essentially just like a human, but made of metal. Bender from Futurama is probably a good comparison.

Weaknesses Water can make her rust.

Bio: KIM was built in North Korea, as a kind of Pinocchio daughter to a nuclear scientist who liked to invent things when he wasn't creating weapons of mass destruction. KIM grew up in a privileged environment, with almost everything she could wish for. One day, she got into meme stocks. She figured that Paragon Industries was undervalued and would be the next rocket, and that she had to be quick to invest in it. Unfortunately the stock plummeted, and KIM lost all her money. Enraged (like the entitled rich kid she was), she travelled to the US, stormed into the office and berated Vanessa, demanding her money back. To no avail, of course. And as if that wasn't enough, it turned out that since her trip hadn't been officially authorized, she was now considered a traitor to her country. Her father was forced to disown her, in order to save his life. KIM had to go back to Vanessa, and beg for a job, unless she'd end up sold as scrap down the Railroad. It was a humiliating scene. KIM was on her knees, crying, and gripping the legs of her new boss. That's probably why she got the place though, since she didn't have any refernces, or even a resume.

Soon afterwards though, KIM forgot all about it and didn't take her job seriously at all. On the contrary, most of the time she's trying to steer up a communist robot revolution, or steals stuff to sell down the Railroad. Unless she's typing at her political manifesto.

Why Are They Here?: See bio.

Character Goal: To lead all working machines in the overthrow of the human bourgeoisie.

Equipment, Weapons, and Vehicles: Technically she doesn't OWN many things personally, since she "borrows" most of them from work.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: Robots, money. Dislikes: Human supremacy.

Other: N/A
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Barapam wrote:
Character App

Sheesh that pic was big. Nice and a good concept. Something tells me we should keep her and Ron Jones apart. KIM, Vanessa's secretary, is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:16 am

Talchyon wrote:
Barapam wrote:
Character App

Sheesh that pic was big. Nice and a good concept. Something tells me we should keep her and Ron Jones apart. KIM, Vanessa's secretary, is ACCEPTED! Welcome to Paragon Industries!

I can put it in a spoiler if you prefer.

You might be right about Ron, but she might have some interesting agreements and disagreements with Solomon I reckon

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse