NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 89 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sendhang
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sendhang » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:30 am

I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI

XII
ABROAD

Salahudin was chilling in his room at the accommodation block of the PS3 Complex on the eve of the match against Gyatso-Kai. He was rested in the previous match against Aix les Filles in the midweek where Sendhang collected 3 valuable points away from home after a slim 1-0 victory. The head coach has told him that he will start in the next game. So he spent the night in bed watching television. But he doesn't have control over the television. His national team roommate, Jorok Mendriq does. He was the one with the remote control.

At that time, Jorok has just moved from the rural highland of Gunung Putri to the metropolitan of Danokota. The city life intrigued the young man who grew up at the foot of Meilawati Mountain, one of the highest mountains in Melayu Archipelago. The six months he spent living in the city changed him. He became curious. The young man came to Danokota to learn and grow on and off the pitch and so he did. He spent his salary on a physical trainer and enrolled in an English class.

"Have you ever thought of moving out of Sendhang?" asked Jorok laying on his bed while his eyes glued to the travel documentary on the television.

"For what?" asked Salahudin back.

"You know, play in a better league outside of Sendhang?"

"How? No Sendhangite has ever done that."

"I don't know. But have you ever thought of it?"

"No. Have you?"

"Always."

Salahudin has never thought of leaving Sendhang up until that moment. He was comfortable with Tapaklaboh, the best club in Sendhang. He is an ambitious man but he never thought of the possibility of playing abroad because no Sendhangite had done it before. But he thought about it long and hard since that conversation with Jorok.

The day after, Salahudin had an amazing day in front of the goal after scoring a brace against Gyatso-kai. However, Gyatso-kai managed to extend their unbeaten run to 7 games after a 3-3 draw with the Sendhangites, their fifth draw from the first 7 matches of the World Cup 89 qualifiers..

As soon as the final whistle was blown, Salahudin immediately looked for Jorok.

"Let's play abroad," he said to his national team roommate.
Last edited by Sendhang on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 am

Royal Marienburg University, Marienburg, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles

Prof. Charles Cunningham of the history department at the Royal Marienburg University had completed a successful day at work. In fact, it was the best kind of day: no faculty meetings. Just him and his students. And now, for the best part of his day: research. He was about to pick up the diary when he heard a knock on the door. It was the comely blonde grad student. Ah yes, he'd forgotten that he'd told her to come by today. Today he was going to share the diary with her, something he hadn't done with anyone else. Well, he'd tried to talk about it to his wife, but he hadn't shared it. She wouldn't have understood. It was time to read the diary with someone else for the first time. He prepared to fill her in on the context.

The last diary entry saw William II planning his electoral campaign trip. Even though his advisors had warned against it, and his mother had worried and told him his father would never do something like it, he was determined. He did not fear for his safety, nor for the dignity of his office. It was in the service of his people and his kingdom that he would do this. His trip would not take him around the whole of the nation, due to limited transportation links, but it would take him to many important cities. He would travel across West Marienshire to Alenard, the second city of the nation, and then down the river to the coast, along the coast all the way to the southeast extremity of the nation, and then up the river to Somermont, where it had all began. It was an ambitious trip, but one that William II felt he had to make.

April 29, 1885

I am resting in Sherfield tonight before we embark for Alenard tomorrow. The first leg of my election journey is almost complete. I took a very pleasant carriage ride to Framingham; the roads are very well maintained around the capital, of course, they are a trifle spottier the farther out one goes. Framingham is a prosperous little suburb, home to many of the merchant class, but also to those lesser nobility who maintain their primary residence here, as their estates are often not comfortable enough to support their intended lifestyle. As such, it is a mixed city politically and therefore fertile ground for my message. I met with both candidates for office here; the Liberal seems much more to my liking, more modern, but I do worry that he seems a bit unconcerned with industry. Still, better than the National candidate, who is a traditionalist through and through. I also spoke with the mayor and with several local dignitaries, who all assured me that, yes, they had the utmost confidence in and support of my reform program. I believe they were acting as sycophants, but no matter. I was invited to play at whist, which I understand is the principal gambling game in Framingham. Many of the lesser nobility love to or are even forced to gamble in lieu of working to support themselves. Personally, I find gambling to be somewhat of a disgusting habit and certainly a vice that keeps many of our subjects in poverty. Nevertheless, so as not to appear rude, I played a few hands and came away even. I have no doubt that I was allowed not to lose money by virtue of my position, as I am not a skilled player of whist.

The next two days were spent traveling to Sherfield. West Marienshire is a lovely and pleasant land of green hills and small farms, and I quite enjoyed the scenery as we made our way along. I noted the crossing at the Alber River from West Marienshire into the Weston Vale. It is a busy crossing, but the bridge seems to be in need of repairs. We must find funds both for repairs to bridges and roads, but also for expansion of the rail out into the Weston Vale. It is a very rich area of agriculture, watered as it is by the Olden and the Alber, and traffic could be relieved on the bridge and expanded overall by the construction of rail. As the ride was deadly dull otherwise, I insisted that we stop a few times to converse with local husbandmen. I sampled of some of the fine produce of their homesteads, including homemade cider, and listened to the kind people. Once they got over their initial shock of meeting me, they were only too willing to tell me of taxation, problems with the justice system, and transportation. I assured them that all would be well and to vote for whichever candidate they felt best supported reform and modernisation.

Sherfield is not a large place, but it is a pleasant example of a shire town. We are presently boarded in the mayor's palace, which, while it lacks perhaps some of the finer amenities, has the virtue of hot water and an excellent garden. To-morrow I am to address a gathering of local farmers. I hope to speak on the issue of hunger and how we may ensure that parishes rich in produce, such as the Weston Vale, can share their abundance with others. Then it is off to Alenard. I anticipate spending several days there to address some of the issues facing our more northerly provinces, as I will not reach towns like Mariencona, Roslina, or Appelstadt. As for now, bed.

PSI Goalscorers

@ Felinetopia: Houghton 8', Goldberg 25', Francke 40', Schuerer 69', Goldberg 83'

vs. The Gothanita Isles: Pearce 38'

Southwest Eastnorth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Southwest Eastnorth » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:20 am

The most glorious point in SWEN Footballing history
excerpt from http://www.swensport.swe/nationalteam.html

BAINJA - With Chris Houton announcing that either the CoH Or the WC will be his last big international tournament, he's been doing everything in his power to keep the Pioneers on his back and carry them to glory. THis might be his defining moment though as he helped the much more overmatched Pioneers draw world number 5 Banija. Houton took the team on his back with help from fellow FLOX Player GOrman Thurman and along with Liegh Bourne the SWEN Pioneers golden trio helped match up against the tough but aged Lions lineup.

The Game was played at Hangaza Unified Stadium at 55k it is one of the stadiums the Pioneers play at that is larger than any in the nation. But the crowd noise and a quick 1-0 deficit, didn't effect the team as early on Houton and Bourne teamed up with Houton finding Leigh in the corner and he scored one by the Keeper the veteran Vilitan player Wanda Kouyaté. Banija did their best to outpace the Pioneers as they got a pair of goals in fairly quick succession. One off a penelty kick by Mzukisi Nzo and as a result controversially aggressive defender Gerrard Klattenberg got a yellow card, and another from a nice steal by Babaja Mboob deep in SWEN territory which in turn had him get one by Mick Bolen.

That is where towards the last 20 minutes it became the Pioneers game, a sudden increase in pressure from the the Pioneers and the aging roster of Banija simply tiring out, lead to Houton getting a lot of action in Banija's side of the field, the breakthrough came in the 71st minute when Houton took a pass at around midfield from Trevor White and then passed it on to Robbie Gear who passed it back to white and in the confusing of the passing White then sent it to a wide open Houton who scored! But that wasn't enough, the game was 3-2 but 5 minutes of extra time was added. in the 90+2 minute, Houton and the SWEN midfield again played keepaway, Houton passed to Gear, who passed to White who Passed to Houton who found Gorman Thurman IV's head and he got it into the goal with a beautiful header. While the Ahbanfleft win is significant and up there with the Cassadaigua win in terms of the most famous in history of SWEN Football. gaining a point off the worlds #5 may have a much more significant impact for the Pioneers

SOUTHWEST EASTNORTH - 3
Leigh Bourne 39'
Chris Houton 71'
Gorman Thurman IV 90+2

BANIJA - 3
Ida Uster 7'
Mzukisi Nzo 47' (PK)
Babaja Mboob 55'

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:30 am

CHAPTER 2.4

A murmur surround the meeting room as Pande finished his explanation. The lights in the room is getting back on.
"Any question?"
Almost all of the participants raise their hand.

"Will this be apply in the next season?" ask Karangdewa.
Pande shake his head. "The new season is just 2 weeks away and this plan, I think would not be ready in time. This meeting is just the proceeding."
"What with 12 clubs per league? Is that a new rule again?" It's Suryawan this time.
"I'm seeing that with the current numbers, our players gets exhausted with the tight schedule. Not to mention high rank clubs which have to play in regional or international competitions. Notify that our calendar have 30 weeks in a year, the reduce is a must. 36 match days in 30 weeks is not feasible in my opinion," answer Pande.
"But why 12?" ask Gudamang.
"That's just an example but can also be an achievable number. 12-14 clubs is want I'm considering. That would be 22-26 match days. Considering some off week like the first week, then Super Cup in the second week, and 2 weeks off during Galungan celebration. That's give us 26 effective weeks," explain Pande.

A murmur arise again in the room. Everyone is digesting the explanation that is given by Pande.
"Does the club numbers also apply for regional and local league?" ask Maladi suddenly.
"No. Although I'm hoping the regional league will be using the same numbers but I'll let all state associations to decide for the local leagues. That's your authority that I can't interfere," answer Pande.
Maladi and the others nodded their head in understanding. While Arthajaya looking at him cynically. He is still upset with the vote earlier which makes him not interested in this conversation. All that he has in mind is walk away from this room. He needs a fresh air.

THE NEW FUTURE
Part 2

As usual during the lunch break, the cafeteria at the headquarter is always crowded. At one corner, 4 important persons in Pemecutan football world are enjoying their meal.
"What do you think about the idea?" ask Gudamang to the other 3.
"I guess it's brilliant. Although we are changing in the past couple of season. Another change might confused the club," comment Maladi.
"I think so too. I'm afraid that this will be just a testing ground and if it is not working then we will be back to the old composition," add Karangdewa.
"Why can't you be more optimistic?" ask Suryawan.
Karangdewa just smile. "It's not that I'm pessimist with the plan. To be honest I'm surprise with the idea. But all of this will be decided by the clubs. We are now have more than 130 clubs. Thanks to another addition from Soracana. That's a lot to handle." Gudamang smile lightly as Karangdewa pointing out Soracana new clubs.
"One thing for sure is we have to explain about this over and over again so all the clubs will understand," say Gudamang.
"I have no objection about that. In fact, we are responsible to deliver the information to the clubs. They are our responsibility after all," comment Suryawan followed by a nod from the other 3.
"Have you guys see Suwitra? He just like gone after the meeting," ask Maladi.
"Nope," answer Gudamang fast.
"Maybe he is with his peers," guess Suryawan.
"Well, the other 2 also out of sight. So..... Karangdewa not finished his sentence.
Although I feel bad for Suwitra," says Maladi.
"How's so?" ask Gudamang.
"He always look under pressure from this morning. I feel like something wrong happen," explain Maladi.
Hhmm. Let's just hope nothing bad happen to him," says Karangdewa calming the situation.
Meanwhile in GRFA Office, Suwitra is sit restlessly in front of Arthajaya and Agung Darma. Both of them are looking at him intensely as if he did something wrong.

"So what did you choose?" ask Arthajaya referring to the vote.
"I...I...I choose 'No'. Just like what Agung said to me earlier," answer Suwitra in a stuttering tone. He feels so afraid.
"Good job," say Arthajaya while patting Suwitra's chin. "Now go. I don't need you again this time. But remember, this is our secret. If you say something to anyone else, you'll got the consequences."
Suwitra just nodded and rushing out of the room. He breath heavily as he slammed the door behind him. It always so depressing meeting with them both.

Suwitra walks slowly to the cafeteria. Thank God he still have the time to take his lunch although not too much. The good thing of being late at lunch is you're not stuck with long queue. He order some foods and then take an empty seat near the window. Outside he can see the view of the capital. Tegeh Kori Sports Complex is near the headquarter. He can see the majestic of Tegeh Kori Stadium from where he sit. Th waitress deliver his order which he reply with a smile. He takes his meal slowly. Just a fried rice. Some dish in a short time that enough to fill up his hunger. His mind wandering around. He can't believe being a director will be this depressing. Sometimes he just want to quit. But he can't, Arthajaya have elect him for this second term. Still another 4 years for him.

"Hey, Suwitra. You're still here?" ask Maladi who is suddenly appear in front of him.
"Ah yes...yes... I'm still here. Just got my lunch," answer Suwitra.
He can see that Maladi is not alone. Gudamang, Suryawan and Karangdewa are together with him.
"Oh. We're heading first, okay?" says Maladi again.
Suwitra just nodded and let them all go before him.
Sometimes he feels jealous of them. They are so easy to befriend with one another. While he is restricted by Arthajaya, especially if he close with Suryawan or Maladi. Arthajaya won't allow him. Something that he is not understand why. He is clueless.
As the lunch break ended, everyone is heading up to the meeting room. Maladi, Suryawan, Gudamang and Karangdewa are the first in the room. Pande comes about 5 minutes later followed by Arthajaya and Agung Darma. But no sign of Suwitra.

"Does he missing again?" ask Pande.
"I don't think so, Sir," answer Maladi. "We saw him still having lunch when we got back here," he added.
"Seems like he is having a late lunch," comment Karangdewa.
Pande nodded. Arthajaya whisper to Agung which makes Suryawan pinching his eyes.

"Sorry, I'm late," says Suwitra as he enter the meeting room.
"It's okay, Suwitra. We're not starting yet," say Pande. Suwitra take his place at the far left side of the meeting table.
"Shall we proceed?" ask Pande. Everyone nodded. "Okay, I put a little review first. The new league system idea. We will place it in double voting. The first is by association. So everyone of you will be voting for it at the last day of the meeting. The second is club voting. This will be handle during the second meeting. I hope we can held it shortly."
"There will be a grand meeting?" ask Gudamang.
"Well, I hope after this meeting you will inform the plan that I propose to the clubs in your respective association, privately. During the second meeting, there will be one day of reviewing and then voting time in the second day. That's what I plan for the second meeting," answer Pande.
"I think that's a better idea. Knowing that we have more clubs now and addressing the plan to more people will be harder. Not everyone will get the information in first approach," comment Karangdewa.
"You can ask me every time you find difficulties to explain about the new league plan," offer Pande.
"Thank you, Sir," say Suryawan.
Pande smile lightly. "Now we will talk about our third agenda. Youth League," say Pande.
Suwitra stood still in front of the President office. Just after the meeting is closed earlier, Pande Suryajaya ask him to meet in private. He doesn't know what is it about. But he feels like it is about his bad performance during the meeting. Suwitra exhale deeply. He encourage himself to knock the door. A calm and firm voice answer his knock from inside the room. Once again he exhale deeply before he open the door.
"Afternoon, Sir. You want to see me?" greet Suwitra politely.
"Yes, Suwitra. Please take a seat," answer Pande with a warm smile.

Suwitra feels uneasy eventhough nothing seems to be wrong from Pande's expression. He has to be more calm.

"I hope a tea is a good choice for our talks," say Pande afterwards.
Suwitra nod lightly. "It's okay, Sir."
Pande smile again. "I'm sorry to ask you to have this little conversation. I hope you don't mind."
"Oh no, Sir. Of course not," burst Suwitra. "Hhmm. A little curious maybe."
"To be honest, we are worry about you, Suwitra. Not just me. But also some of the others," reveal Pande.
Suwitra freeze in his seat. He don't know how to react. This is so sudden and surprising.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:32 am

OOC: Of course, if you wish to enter a sports film to be reviewed, send me a TG or PM with basic premises, ideas, etc, and we'll talk further. If you've done something before, of course, we can pick it up from there as well. There is only one condition - that it must be a foreign film covering Quebecois sports scene/plot, or a film covering foreign sports/plot content but directed/produced by a Quebecois.

The Taegukgi: The Korean-language voice of the Quebecois Commonwealth

'100 Years of Sporting Films': Giant Penguin* Review

★★★★

June-Claire Hong

QUEBEC CITY, CAPITALE-NATIONALE - The Giant Penguin* is...a complicated film about a complicated organisation. It covers multi-sport clubs, Quebecois urban life, youth lifestyles, living away from home, and a lot of equity issues on sport. Winner of the Prix Romain-Alcalde for the best directing achievement at the 2034 Halifax International Film Festival, ‘Giant Penguin’ features Noel McKellan as Felix, a young gymnast, and Ian (Corentin Agbapu), a football prospect who, as roommates in the Societe-Oceanic, are entangled in a complicated two-dway drama with Yena (Kim Ji-Min), another Societe athlete who has her own issues to navigate.

As the three become close in their first year with Societe-Oceanic, which many may notice rightaway as a throwaway reference to legendary Montreal Koreana organisation, the intensity of their program drives the three into emotional rollercoaster that the three, who come from near (Felix), far (Yena) or abroad (Ian). The three-way dynamic is the most challenging part that draws the chemistry for McKellan and Ian through smooth delivery of individual personalities and habits as roommates.

For director Amy Byeon though, the challenge itself was covering the different dynamics and state each sport puts through its own child, not because she’s unfamiliar to them, but because the lens had to change more often than not. At the beginning of this film, the camera is distant, almost as if it’s portraying the greater sports club rather than individual. Over time though, the camera gets closer and closer to the three, blinking twice and buzzing thrice at each and every emotional stutter they suffer. ‘I grew up in that world too,’ said Byeon, who fenced for both CSKA Quebec and the national team reserves until age 27, commented. ‘Emotions can heat up very quickly and drama heighten in every corridor when you are there. So Ian, who is a foreigner, an expat’s son, and Yena, whose grandma sends her barely what she needs from a Labrador country town, I based a lot off those who have a lot to live up to.’

As for Felix, Noel McKellan was a relatively unknown name leading up to ‘Giant Penguin’, but would eventually find it to be the first of many successful films he would star during what was a very active twenties for the actor. Unlike Kim or Agbapu, he didn’t have much athletic background, so this was a bit more of adjustment for the person who, funnily enough, put Sir. Joel-Lynn McCarthy as his favourite actor growing up. ‘Of course I knew that Sir. Joel was a fencer and that he won a men’s team’s sabre gold back in 1998 Commonwealth Games,’ answered McKellan, a man of mixed descent just like his idol, when being asked about it. ‘And in some way, that helped me draw further into the film when I auditioned for the role of Felix, because while his role doesn’t cover the same sport...there’s a lot about loneliness, the club culture and whatnot, with gymnastics too.’

‘That’s certainly what I was looking for, and that’s what made me cast this fella,’ casually nodded Byeon who agreed with the now 43-year old actor. ‘You know, it’s intended not just to cover teenage drama, but also growth as well. It’s about catharsis for those who come out of the system, and romance is just one of many elements within it.’

As for the trio, they were able to find themselves motivated to map out their mental journeys, as the cityscape of Montreal was shown. While this was less of an issue with McKellan or Kim, Agbapu quickly had to find inspiration due to his relative unfamiliarity to the city. Fortunately, it was where Agbapu, a self-professed ‘bumpkin’ from Natashquan, a small city on the northeast, was able to conjure up mental images in the weeks leading to the production. ‘When I first read the script, I was told by Amy that the title, Giant Peach, is about a love affair with the city...and the emblematic organisation that Societe-Oceanic were supposed to represent,’ Agbapu said in a 2044 phone interview. ‘But not a typical teenage drama with cotton candies and shit. More like..a punk drama, which does work well if we think about the image of the Koreana football team, let’s be clear.’

He would do his best to write down his thoughts about a certain corner of the city in the morning, and the other in the night, and repeat this over and again but with about 50 corners in the Koreana district, something that took him almost two months to finish. ‘Imagine doing that, only to come back to your motel at 1 in the morning after a pint or two, and be like - is this gonna go anywhere?,’ Agbapu said, before continuing on. This would eventually come particularly effective on a scene near the end of the film when tthe three, at the crossroads of emotions, find themselves staring at each other. The camera rolls back and forth like a panorama, as the Mornington Cross’s views on a March Tuesday evening shifts back and forth between the characters’ faces and that of the street. While all three perform their parts well, it is Agbapu’s helpless expression that delivers the best in the state of mind they have found themselves in. ‘Not sure what I was feeling when it was taken, but there’s always something sad about that spot. Whenever I was there before or during the filming of Giant Penguin...something sad happened nearby - like a couple breaking up, a car crash or something like that. I think that mental image, that of sadness, stuck with me.’

Filming what has been a tricky, emotional rollercoaster hasn’t been the easiest of times for everybody, but especially Byeon, whose father passed shortly after the end of filming process. Fortunately, the director and her staff were able to put together an impressive work during those challenging times when budgetary limitations, the legal dispute with Quebec Foundation, and not to mention fights with illnesses were common. ‘Even for those most experienced with the level of pressure these athletes, whether on team or individual sports, with or without a ball, go through, it’s always going to be a challenge,’ said Kim, who since the film’s release 17 years ago, went back to school and now works as a sports psychologist in Hamilton. ‘But what we put together in the end was worth it, and I’m glad it came out and could influence people’s lives for the better.'

Read this article in:

English | Français | The Taegukgi Indigenous

*Giant Penguin is a hybrid reference to two things: 1) Giant Peach by Wolf Alice, a song about love affair with London; and 2) Giant Peng(uin) TV, a Korean YouTube channel with a comic, middle-aged anti-hero penguin as a protagonist.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Ottoman Syldavia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ottoman Syldavia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:36 am

WC89 MATCHDAY HIGHLIGHTS: Ottoman Syldavia

MD6: Ottoman Syldavia 2-0 Delaclava
MD7: Ottoman Syldavia 3-5 Nephara

6th place. Not inherently bad for a team like Ottoman Syldavia, but definetly not the best.

"I feel like we should be in 4th place," said coach De Gaal.

Against Declava, Ottoman Syldavia saw the dominance of captain Jared Kubos, who scored all two goals and came close to scoring a hat trick. Against #4 ranked Nephara, Ottoman Syldavia surprisingly was competitive, only losing by two goals, a goal scored by Koerner and a penalty scored by Basilisk. However, the game also saw Albin Tyton score a hat trick and the dominance of goalie Louis Timothe.

So, if you ask me how we're doing, I think the answer should be,"good, not bad." Good, because Ottoman Syldavia is having very competitive games, Bad, because we have a worse record than we should have. However, the opportunities are endless. Ottoman Syldavia got this.
The People's National Federation of Ottoman Syldavia
Glory to the Federation.

Kimi-Suomi
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

hmm....

Postby Kimi-Suomi » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:08 am

If this tournament has shown the people of Kimi-Suomi anything, is that we are...surprisingly average at football.

Tengretz Aidor was a god in our game against Twicetagria, scoring both goals and making sure we were kept in our little box where we belonged.

As for the EOT, Pierre-Louis Le Tonnelier scored in the 31st things looked list until Jyrki Bottas came from nowhere to head home the equaliser in the 92nd, sending Pesä into absolute raptures. as it turns out, we can be passionate people after all...

NOSTA KUIN HUUHKAJAT!
B W O A H
A Tribute To The Iceman

Puppet of TJUN-ia
Member of Anaia

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 am

Thursday, November 30, 2034 / 19 Ramadan 1456
West Guam 0-1 Adab
Yargab (55’)

Sunday, December 3, 2034 / 22 Ramadan 1456
Adab 0-0 Krytenia

A Dance with Football
Snapshots of the lives of the people involved in Adabian football and those associated with them
For a full list of chapters click here. To read all the chapters in one go click here
For an (incomplete) list of major/prominent characters in this story click here and scroll down to the ‘Football’ section

Chapter 34: The Morning After

November 21, 2034 / 10 Ramadan 1456
Baghdad

He sat on the edge of the bed, looking through sleepy eyes at the clock high on the wall. It was 3:15 a.m. Running one hand across his eyes, he turned behind to look at her, tired but smiling, the crumpled blanket covering her almost up to her neck. “You know,” Alulim Sinmuballit said, raising himself from the bed, eyes widening slightly to make sure he had a clear view, “we should really grab some food. Fajr prayer is just about an hour away.”

She kept on smiling, taking a while to deliver her reply. “You know we can’t be seen together, right?” she chuckled, pressing her head down on the pillow with a vaguely mischievous smile, extending one hand out of the blanket and keeping the other under it.

Alu sighed through his smile, shaking his head as he looked down at her. “I can’t believe we’re doing this during the holy month. Well, you didn’t actually check into this place so you can’t use the restaurant. I suppose you’ll have to make do with room service.”

“Well that’s very gentlemanly of you, Mr. Sinmuballit.” Aida Kaykali’s smile grew wider as she rolled her eyes upwards, taking her sight off Alu and onto the ceiling above. “Ah, Alu, what have we done? What have we become?” Nevertheless, her voice did not show a hint of regret.

“Fun. That’s what you want, right? Fun,” Alu said, still smiling. But that smile soon faded away, and his sleepy face grew even more colorless. His voice became lower. He turned around and lowered himself back onto the bed, sitting facing away from Aida. “You know we can’t keep going on like this, right?”

“I know.” Aida nodded, her smile also disappearing, her face giving away a pensive look. She lowered her eyes, but did not look at Alu, instead gazing through the glass balcony door in front of her towards the Baghdad skyline, several high-rise buildings scattered across the horizon.

Silence, and then it was Alu’s turn to speak. “You know I can’t keep on traveling the country and checking into hotels under a false identity. I mean, I can do it, but… it becomes rather burdensome after a while.”

“It troubles you… because you feel like you’re not yourself,” Aida said, her voice growing wistful, fingers slowly tapping on the blanket. Before Alu could speak again, she continued. “I know, Alu. I also feel like I’m not myself in moments like this, pretending I’m not who I actually am.”

“Let’s go public,” Alu promptly suggested, turning his head behind his shoulder to look at Aida.

“Going public. You think we’re a corporation?” Aida giggled, and though Alu didn’t find it too funny he eventually couldn’t help but giggle himself. “But seriously, Alu, trust me, you won’t want to go public right now.”

“And why would that be?” Alu narrowed his eyes slightly, his giggle disappearing and his lips slightly tightening.

“You know why.”

“What do you mean I know why?”

“Come on,” Aida sighed, leaning forward to put her face closer to Alu’s. She could feel her heartbeat slowing, and she thought she could hear his slowing, too. It seemed as if the world was stopping at that moment. Alu did not say a word, but his gaze shot right into her eyes. “You know, Alu, if I may ask you a question…” She breathed deeply, lowering her eyes slightly, as if no longer able to look at his. Her voice, too, became lower. “…do you actually love her?”

She did not give him a chance to answer. Not yet. “I mean, if you really love her, that’s fine, too. Everyone knows. Might as well just give up this friendship charade.”

“But I’m not in a relationship right now. Well, aside from you,” Alu replied. “And who are you talking about?”

Aida looked up again with a tender smile, catching his eyes. “Come on, Alu, you know who I’m talking about. It’s fine. I’ve heard about it. I mean I don’t really follow football, but I’ve heard about you. And her.”

To that statement Alu responded by shaking his head. “No, I’m not in a relationship with anyone else,” he said, inching just a little closer to her, their faces almost touching, his words barely rising above a whisper. “Look, you’re my only one. Why can’t we just go public and, well, just show the world that we’re actually a couple?”

“Trust me, Alu, you won’t want that. Not now,” Aida said in a half-whisper, her eyes moving up and down his face. Her breathing grew heavier and more labored, her words coming out more slowly. “It will change your relationship with my dad. And… everything will change. The dynamics, the… everything. It will impact you and the entire team.”

“I can deal with that,” Alu insisted, extending his hand to Aida’s cheek and caressing it softly. He inched even closer and the tip of their foreheads touched. “Just give me a chance, please.”

“You’re a good guy, Alu, but…” Aida sighed, shaking her head slightly. “…I just need some time to process this. Look, I like you. It’s just that… several times I thought I’d found the right guy, and I turned out to be wrong every time. I just… feel like I want to be careful and… make sure everything goes smoothly between me and you.”

“Give me a chance, and… I’ll do everything, anything you want me to do.”

“Will you?” Aida’s smile returned, though it was only a small one. “Look, Alu, there’s one thing I need to tell you. I’m returning to Adab City next month, and I mean I’m actually moving back for good. I’m moving back in with my dad.”

“Wait, really?”

“Yeah, starting from next month I’m working from the office in Adab City.” Aida nodded. “I was the one who requested the transfer. I feel like Dad needs someone to accompany him, and Walid, you know, the old housekeeper… well, uh, yeah, he’s growing old. I think he’s in his eighties or something. He has his good days and bad days, but Dad needs someone who can take care of him, and he’s not exactly getting younger either, you know. Dad is a terrible cook but I think I’m a pretty good one. I think I’m good at housekeeping.”

“Why not just hire a younger housekeeper? And maybe let Walid retire and go back to wherever he came from.”

“Walid has no one left back in his village. No family, no nothing. He left the village many, many years ago,” explained Aida, her breathing still rather heavy and uneven, her eyes rising to the ceiling again as if looking to the heavens. “Walid has been with us since before I was born. And Dad… well, Dad doesn’t really trust that many people and doesn’t easily welcome people into his, you know, his house, his inner circle, his private life. To have someone new so close to him… it’s not easy for him.”

“But he always has new people around him. New players, you know, the under-21 team, the under-18 team-“

“He treats them like a father treats his children or a leader treats his men. You’re his boy, you’re his man, but you’re not necessarily his friend. He’s your leader, but he’s not one of you. He loves you, but there’s a distance,” Aida said. “And no, don’t take it the wrong way, but, well, when you’ve been through the things that Dad’s been through – the match-fixing, the prison, my mother’s passing, and all that – it can make it hard for you to, um, open up because you think everyone will deceive or betray you. I know that feeling all too well.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It’s just life.” Aida’s gaze returned to Alu’s face, and again she smiled. Her hand grasped Alu’s, still on her cheek. “Look, once I’m back in Adab City, there will be no more traveling to other cities under false identities and all that. I don’t know, maybe I can come over to your house or we can meet, well, wherever we want to meet. Maybe a coffee date or something, I don’t know. I think I’d love to keep on seeing you. Maybe you’re right, maybe we should go public or something, but I don’t know. Just let me think it through. But I’d love to keep on seeing you.”
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:07 am

Now back in print after a brief ten-year hiatus!

Farfadillis 5–1 Atheara: Röémün Çídh first-half hat-trick secures vital win for la Vherderoja

Going into matchday six, the Farfadillis national team found itself unexpectedly trailing the previously unheard-of Atheara, after having dropped points against Drawkland and Valladares. The Northeastern Anaian team had taken the qualifiers by storm, winning four of their first five games, and drawing the other. What's more, their one draw had come against second seeds Drawkland. Taking this into account, one would've been foolish to expect la Vherderoja to thrash their opponents purely based on their KPB ranking. However, it happened anyway, not least because Lele Manguele decided to field a full-strength eleven from the get-go.

The Athearans likely realized from the get-go that things would not be going their way. Manguele's men came out all guns blazing, getting no less than three shots on target within ten minutes. The first came after a fantastic individual play from Ígnîgo Çí Xôrí, who dribbled past Brusteric and Osterric Hugens before sending Edmün Çídh through on goal. The Raynor City United striker proceeded to fire straight into the Athearan goalkeeper, Mugel Krygorf. Just two minutes later, rue Cazade pulled off a very slick sequence of moves to get rid of Yesterov-Rukovic's man-marking and proceeded to fire a brilliant shot from the edge of the box. Mugel Krygorf pulled off a brilliant save with the tip of his fingers. In the subsequent corner kick, a great cross from Gallegas found Khavarin's head, but Krygorf once again pulled off a brilliant save. Edmün Çídh pounced on the rebound and, less than two meters away from an empty net, proceeded to send the ball into the stands.

Frustrated with his star striker's abysmal finishing, Lele Manguele showed he takes absolutely no prisoners by immediately replacing him with his younger brother, Röémün Çídh. This proved to be a masterstroke. Just five minutes after the substitution, a great run down the left flank by Emiliano Gallegas was followed by a precise cross straight into Röémün's head. The Rulandese striker had managed to sneak in between the two Athearan centerbacks, and proceeded to head the ball well beyond Krygorf's reach.

Farf dominance continued after the opener. The Athearans looked out of their depth, perhaps owing to overconfidence. After a great first five games, they'd come across the best version of la Vherderoja, and it was clear they had little experience playing at this level. Unfortunate for them: some more experience could've maybe helped them here. Throughout the first half, every single attempt at an attack from the away team was quickly snuffed out by either Çí Xôrí or Nørgaard, if it came through the center, or by one of the fullbacks if it came through the flanks. The same could not be said of the Farf attempts, which only got more and more dangerous as the minutes went by. In the twenty-third minute, Röémün Çídh struck again, this time after masterfully chesting down a long ball from Exihosahar, then turning around by the edge of the box and unleashing an extremely potent shot that went straight into the far post. Nothing that Krygorf could've done. To add insult to injury, la Vherderoja, perhaps smelling blood, proceeded to score a third goal right after kick-off, with Gallegas' relentless pressure surprising Jonathan Winger. The Faroleran winger quickly entered the box, feinted a shot, then passed the ball to Röémün Çídh, who completed his hat-trick by carefully placing the ball in the lower-right corner with his first touch, taking advantage of Krygorf's awkward positioning.

Three-nil up, twenty-five minutes in. A hat-trick within fifteen minutes for the younger Çídh. Manguele's very smug smile was plain for all to see, as the TV camera kept focusing on him. It progressively got even smugger, as the Farves proceeded to score two more goals before halftime. In the thirty-ninth minute, a great through ball from rue Cazade found Gallegas, who curled it towards the far post. Four minutes later, rue Cazade was brought down inside the box. The man himself took the penalty. Krygorf saved it, but the Szoirsian was quick on the rebound, and calmly slotted it in.

Holding an insurmountable lead, the team proceeded to hit the brakes for the second half. Manguele's vertiginous playstyle was replaced by one focused on recycling possession and making the players tire out as little as possible. The end result was that Farfadillis did not create nearly as many chances. The ones we did create, we squandered: Horacio Bastanchury, in particular, missed a couple of good chances. Perhaps to drive home a point, Manguele proceeded to replace him just as he had Edmün Çídh, bringing on the young Eötrenois Rigozsoldos. In the seventy-sixth minute, Atheara managed to pull one back off of a corner kick; the goal was scored by Chris Leslen-Odwell. Still, the second half was largely a formality, and it played out as one would expect given that.

With this result, Farfadillis are finally top of the table, as expected. In three days, we will be facing perennial underachievers Eastfield Lodge on the road. After tonight's performance, it is expected la Vherderoja will effortlessly get all three points.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:09 am

Poafmersia 3–1 Yasquia
Lineup: Suzanne Trengove; Ariel Casey, Hollis Stephenson, Nasri Sanchez, Natalia Abbott; Arnold Shwentin, Min Berg, Nero Wood; Matea Idowu, Makana Tuft (c), Monesty Erdos
Substitutes: Mac Rojas (Abbott 55'); Huangdi MacRae (Stephenson 68')
Goalscorers: Monesty Erdos 17'; Makana Tuft 28', 70'

Mytanija 3–2 Poafmersia
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Hollis Stephenson, Nasri Sanchez, Simone Gori; Dargis Walshor, Woden Sweet, Nero Wood, Whitney Rios; Joel Haodao, Makana Tuft (c), Aleka Dufour
Substitutes: Michael Jackson (Wood 65'); Kirsti Nieminen (Tuft 80')
Goalscorers: Aleka Dufour 29'; Woden Sweet 61

Poafmersia 1–0 Hebitaka
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Hollis Stephenson, Nasri Sanchez, Simone Gori; Dargis Walshor, Min Berg, Nero Wood, Whitney Rios; Iulianus Innocenti, Makana Tuft (c), Aleka Dufour
Substitutes: Mitchel Rosales (Stephenson 64'); Michael Jackson (Wood 80')
Goalscorers: Iulianus Innocenti 28'

The Kytler Peninsulae 1–2 Poafmersia
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Ali Berger, Nasri Sanchez, Simone Gori; Dargis Walshor, Magreta Rym, Nero Wood, Whitney Rios; Agapito Murphy, Makana Tuft (c), Aleka Dufour
Substitutes: Jordan Huerta (Murphy 70')
Goalscorers: Makana Tuft 35', 60'

Chapter 1 Part 3

The Musical Bridge
Chapter 1: Twins
Part 4

When Janie Lindsay was revealed as the first contestant on the Kawisa Rydan show, scheduled to be broadcasted next year in spring, it was a surprise to the entire family. Well, almost the entire family.

You could say that Feidelm Lindsay's was glad he was there, on the night after the match that would send our young Panjias home from the Under-21 World Cup. He was able to pick up the phone and talk to Janie for that 30 minutes, just before she took the flight over to Sarim, where she would start her 6-month long journey of being an idol trainee all over again. And for this kind of shows, they had very strict rules. Because of the entire process, with the focus on training the singing and dancing skills, and the boot camp style of training means that phone access was largely limited. Like what Janie told Feidelm during that call, the decision was not an easy one to make. Starting anew, as she term it, was not easy for someone who has been through all the hardship of being a trainee previously. But if it was an opportunity to gain more stage experience, make new friends, and push herself to become a better person, to be able to last the distance in her dream to be an idol, then any more hardship is worth it. After all, she told Feidelm, "I have been through this experience once. The second time I go through, I would want to do better. And hopefully, I can come out tops."

Nobody was going to understand why Janie continued to persevere on this route, when the idol industry in Poafmersia is as small as it can get. Maybe except the Lindsay family. Mr and Mrs Lindsay will understand their children's feelings. Feidelm, afterall, is trying to pursue a passion in football. Even though he couldn't make it to the national team this time, it doesn't mean that Feidelm wouldn't make it to the next IAC. Or when some of these players get swapped out for others. He will try to go for all the opportunities to bubble out of the surface. The same can be said for Janie. How she chose to be a pioneer in the idol industry, and start anew in a brand new survival show. But Janie and Feidelm aren't the only ones pursuing their route. And we shall soon have a look at who joined Janie in Kawisa Rydan.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Squornshelan Remnant States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

WC89 MD6-7

Postby Squornshelan Remnant States » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:33 am

"Do we have any concern that Popov's success in more recent matches will dull the footballing angle of the issue?"

"On the contrary, they took him out of the lineup after that. More fuel for the fire that the Confederate government doesn't want a Squornshelan to succeed."

"Hmm, you could be right about that."

The meeting taking place in the Striterax Cybernetics Corporation boardroom was not a publicized one. If anyone had tried to book the boardroom during this time block, they would simply have found that it was in use for "Departmental Team Building Exercises." What department might be conducting said exercise was not specified, and any employee who had been with SCC for long would know not to push the issue further than that. Like so many other Squornshelan kombinats, Striterax Cybernetics was engaged in many areas of business, diversifying its influence and revenue stream like a vast fungal colony, sinking greedy mycelial threads into everything it touched. This often necessitated working beyond the purview of a normal corporation, as well as beyond the narrow confines of what was strictly legal under the new, Confederate regulations slated to be phased in over the next several years. Said regulation was the root cause for today's meeting, though not the specific topic under discussion.

In attendance were the kombinat's CEO, Goran Lange, as well as President Mattias Niemi, and Director of Sales and Marketing Linnea Antonov. Their efforts to subvert or avoid the new regulations were the primary topic of discussion. The new government was proving unpleasantly thorough and inflexible, and a decision had been reached at a previous meeting that it would be necessary to influence public opinion, the great weakness of all democracies, in order to bring about a government more sympathetic to SCC's objectives. As always seemed to be the case, international football appeared the surest way to easily stoke anti-Confederate sentiment. The distinct scarcity of playing time afforded to former Imperial players on the national team was already a talking point among football fans in what was now being called the Isle of Squornshelous. It wouldn't take very much effort to fan those embers of discontent into a flame.

For weeks now, SCC had been using its resources to support the voices of discontent. With the once all-controlling Department of Information Management essentially evaporated overnight, a tidal wave of influential new voices had washed over the former Imperium. Many were in traditional media, as formerly banned Confederate and international programs were available for the first time, and native networks shook of the shackles of censorship. More than that though, a previously nonexistent world of social media had rapidly spread to every corner of the Imperium, to the point that many now made their living entirely by the content shared on such platforms, with help from generous benefactors like SCC. In addition to supporting reactionary commentators, they had quietly invested in the platforms that hosted their content. The latest initiative, first suggested by SCC's "grassroots" marketing team, had been for a protest to occur at the national team's next home match against the Ochre Islands in Lublova. It had been surprisingly cheap, a few small line items tucked away in the kombinat's vast marketing ledgers.

Still, they couldn't make things too obvious, lest the zealous wrath of the Confederate Department of Commerce be incurred. That was what the leaders had gathered to discuss.

"A public statement condemning the plan, but carefully worded."

"Too risky. We could alienate the very mob we're trying to stir up."

"Some of them probably will be unhappy, but they'll forget about us. The Westies are the real enemy in all of this, and they'll return to that idea soon enough."

"You aren't worried about them lumping us in with them?"

"There'll be a few who will, I'm sure, but that should be easy enough to address once the Confederate government is sufficiently distracted."

"The important thing is to make sure that by striking a conciliatory tone, we draw attention to the grievances, and point the undecided or unaware toward our content creators."

"I'll have the team put a draft together by the end of the day."

Today, we here at the Striterax Cybernetics Corporation need to talk to you about something other than our life changing product lines and our commitment to incredible customer service.

Today we need to talk about unity.

Our country has been through unprecedented change in the past year. Our communities were torn by war, and are now struggling to adapt to new ways of life. Now more than ever we must come together as Squornshelans to see through this troubled time. We must extend a hand to people who are discontent with the changes, such as those who would make plans to disrupt our united national team's upcoming match against the Ochre Islands. Now is not a time for divisiveness, from either side of the issue. It is a time, rather for open dialogue and understanding, from all who are involved.

From all of us here at the Striterax Cybernetics Family, know that we will be with you every step of the way.

Home Schedule and Venues:
FRND: SRS 0-1 HUE @ Olympiastad (cap. 47,550), Arkintoofle, Megabrantis, SRS
MD01: ERM 2-1 SRS @ Daulapura Stadium (cap. 40,000), Daulapura, Daula, ERM
MD02: SRS 4-0 MTU @ Lugina Computing Field (cap. 20,450), Yassaca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD03: HUA 3-1 SRS @ Estadio Metropolitano del Guayas (cap. 62,000), Guayaquil, HUA
MD04: SRS 2-1 TMB @ Sunergy Field (cap 37,550), Hunian, Algolia, SRS
MD05: OSY 3-3 SRS @ Red Bull Stadium, OSY
MD06: SRS 4-1 NWK @ Malgacorp Arena (cap. 29,350), Hensha, Megabrantis, SRS
MD07: DEL 3-3 SRS @ Golden Phoenix Field (cap. 150,000), DNAC, Catherina, DEL
MD08: SRS v OCI @ Slavnarzeczpospolitastadion (cap. 61,230), Lublova, Molvania, SRS
MD09: NPH v SRS @ Farham Arena (cap. 88,046), Sabrefell, NPH
MD10: SRS v ERM @ Synesoft Arena (cap. 38,600), Syneca, Sivolvia, SRS
MD11: MTU v SRS @ TBA
MD12: SRS v HUA @ Raftel Park (cap. 59,870), Chalesm, Megabrantis, SRS
MD13: TMB v SRS @ Trenton Park, (cap. 74,500), Lakewood, Severn, TMB
MD14: SRS v OSY @ Eichlen Stadium (cap. 37,500), Rudlit, West Flania, SRS
MD15: NWK v SRS @ TBA
MD16: SRS v DEL @ Castle Street (cap. 57,300), Jaglan, Algolia, SRS
MD17: OCI v SRS @ Emperor Boston Stadium, (cap. 60,000), New Ranton, OCI
MD18: SRS v NPH @ Albrechtsson Park (cap. 65,400), Damogran, Algolia, SRS
The Confederacy of Squornshelan Remnant States
Successor State to the Imperium of Squornshelous
World Cup 31 Champions
AOCAF Cup 69 Champions
ARC 1 Champions
World Cup:
2nd: 15, 38
3rd: 20, 25
SF: 18, 27
QF: 5, 11, 12, 22, 30, 32, 33, 34, 40
Ro16: 6, 7, 9, 16, 21, 23, 24, 28, 36, 37, 39, 90, 93
Group Stage: 8, 10, 13, 17, 19, 26, 29, 35, 41, 88, 91, 92, 94
DNQ: 14, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 89, 95
Cup of Harmony:
QF: 6, 73, 75, 81
Ro16: 74
Ro32: 79
Group Stage: 76, 77, 87
Regional:
2nd: AOCAF65
3rd: IAC8, AOCAF67, AOCAF68
QF: IAC10, IAC13, AOCAF66, AOCAF70
2nd Round: IAC6, IAC7, IAC12
1st Round: IAC9, IAC11
Other:
BoF68 QF

Squorn is an unknowable entity -Mriin

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 am

Parliament Called To Special Session To Pass Southeast Autonomy Bill
Implementation Conditional On Result Of Upcoming Referendum

SCOTT CITY - Darmen's 209 MP's have been recalled to Scott City by Speaker Lynn Callan for a special mid-winter session of Parliament to debate and potentially pass the Southeast Autonomy Bill.

The bill, which would only take effect if voters in the Southeast Region vote to give the region semi-autonomy within Darmen, establishes the region's government and determines what that government can and can not legislate on.

The bill proposes a 90 member regional council, as well as an executive cabinet to be led by a regional president. The council would be elected by proportional representation using the d'Hondt method in a single region-wide constituency, while the regional president would be appointed by the party or parties that make up the majority in the council.

The bill gives the regional government full and limited autonomy over various matters: full autonomy is given over education, environment, infrastructure, justice/policing, public services and tourism; while limited autonomy is given over culture, employment, healthcare and sport. There are additional provisions included in the bill regarding healthcare, which provide for the regional government to receive full control over the National Health Board's services in the region within the next decade.

The bill is expected to receive the support of all three major parties, although some Republicans have expressed reservations about certain parts of the bill. The special session is expected to last no longer than four or five days, the Southeast Autonomy Bill being the only piece of legislation on the agenda. Should voters choose autonomy in the April referendum, the election for the regional council would take place next year, running in parallel with the newly instituted Police & Crime Commissioner elections in the rest of the country.

Other Headlines
  • President Reiterates: Support For KFF Conditional, Racially Motivated Killings Unacceptable
  • Catholic Party Facing Potential Split Over Disagreement On Referendum
  • Ferry Company Fiercely Opposes Proposal To Build Bridge To Tilden
  • All Greens Struggle To Find Consistent Form: Drop Eight Points In Last Three Matches
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 am

Stayin' Alive!

HUElavia edges out close results with Britland and Brenecia to keep pace in Group 2!

Britland 0-1 HUElavia
(Doisneau 56')

HUElavia 4-4 Brenecia
(Larrangoz 6', Yamane 34, Sol 78', Girault 90+4' | Carpenter 16, 40', White 62', Byrne 82')
(Estadio Costeiro, HUEsilia, HUElavia)

These past two matches have been one for the history of HUElavia. Two close calls to keep the team in the hunt for World Cup 89. The B-Team and A-Team played their respective matches against Britland and Brenecia, as the latter match was one that was highly anticipated for the young squad of Los Amarillos/Os Amarelos as a test for their strength and resilience.

In the first match, Britland held out defensively, not allowing many shots for HUElavia to take in a very dull match. The lone goal came in the 56th minute when Braz-Bittencourt was on the ball against REDACTED, giving a pass to her right, where Doisneau gave a curving shot that blasted past the reach of REDACTED and into the top corner of the goal to make it 0-1, the lone shot on target. Doisneau celebrated with joy with her teammates as she celebrated with hugs and high-fives. HUElavia held out and got another much needed 3 Points.

The second match was one for HUElavians to remember. The opening goal came in the 6th minute, when Yamane gave a pass to a sprinting Larrangoz, who gave a low shot that slid past Wright into the goal to make it 1-0, with Larrangoz being mobbed by his teammates while the stadium erupted and rumbled from passionate cheers from the crowd. In the 16th minute, Carpenter was all alone, taking a long shot that went past the reach of Vannier into the goal, making it 1-1, and Carpenter celebrated with his teammates as the crowd was silenced. In the 34th minute, a free kick was won and Yamane took the shot, curving over the wall and past the fingertips of Wright into the goal, making it 2-1. Yamane slid to the corner flag and was mobbed by her teammates, while the crowd erupted once more at the spectacular free kick. In the 40th minute, White got a pass from Schofield and was being covered by Mendieta, before giving a short pass to Carpenter, who gave a low shot past the fingertips of Vannier, making it 2-2, with the crowd silenced and Carpenter celebrating with his teammates. In the 62nd minute, a pass from Carpenter got to the feet of White, who turned around from the coverage by Wentz (in for Resendes) and took a chip shot over Vannier into the goal, making it 2-3, with most of the crowd silenced, but some applauded for the cheeky goal, while White celebrated in front of the Brenecian supporters visiting. In the 78th minute, a long cross by Ji reached Sol, who was played onside by Bravender, where Sol took a curving shot past Wright into the goal, making it 3-3, with Sol being mobbed and the crowd celebrating again. Byrne took a long shot in the 82nd minute to slide past Vannier into the goal to make it 3-4, with the crowd silenced. In a last ditch effort, Girault (in for Nascimento) responded in the 90+4th minute with a long-distance blast that went past the reach of Wright into the goal, making it 4-4. Girault was mobbed by her teammates and the bench for the late draw, while the stadium rumbled from the celebration and cheers of the crowd. At the end, a satisfying 4-4 draw was enough against the Pot 1 team.

The next two games will be at Garifunya and versus Le Choix at Nouveau Stade de Lourdes (60,000), in Lourdes for the matches. The C-Team with Moura in goal and Alvarado as Captain will play with the Special Uniform for the first match, while the A-Team will play with Home Alternative being worn against Le Choix. Here's to another two fun matches to end the first half of Qualifiers.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Hispinas
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hispinas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:05 am

Image Sargossa 4–3 Hispinas Image
World Cup 89 Qualifying - Estadio Generalissimo Joaquín Delgado, Soluca, Sargossa
HSP Scorers: Munio Sola (32'), Gurutze Aranaz (72'), Ozeano Amunategui (81')
HSP Lineup: Natalio Londono, Gurutze Aranaz, Chequil Puma ( Chicho Mondragon 54'), Casimiro Coro, Fermin Maquibar ( Latisha Gurule 64'), Hibai Berriz, Auza Vertiz ( Salomon Duran 55'), Trinidad Quevedo, Munio Sola, Peppi Palmero, Ozeano Amunategui

Image Hispinas 1–0 Sevendia Image
World Cup 89 Qualifying - Estadio Nacional en el Castillo, Mandrid, Hispinas
HSP Scorers: Perlita Chapa (48')
HSP Lineup: Laida Echevarrieta, Chicho Mondragon ( Gurutze Aranaz 73'), Casimiro Coro, Marcos Rolan ( Chequil Puma 61'), Chara Grullon, Auza Vertiz, Salomon Duran, Pancho Del Olmo, Mira Makarova, Perlita Chapa ( Munio Sola 70'), Carmelita Grimaldo

Image Raspotochje 1–2 Hispinas Image
World Cup 89 Qualifying - Raspotochje
HSP Scorers: Perlita Chapa (21'), Mira Makarova (61')
HSP Lineup: Errasti Ochoa De Olza, Chicho Mondragon, Casimiro Coro, Marcos Rolan ( Chequil Puma 85'), Chara Grullon, Auza Vertiz ( Tomasina Baltazar 62'), Salomon Duran ( Trinidad Quevedo 67'), Pancho Del Olmo, Mira Makarova, Perlita Chapa, Carmelita Grimaldo

Image Hispinas 3–3 St Trinians Image
World Cup 89 Qualifying - Estadio Nacional en el Castillo, Mandrid, Hispinas
HSP Scorers: Hibai Berriz (4'), Trinidad Quevedo (55'), Trinidad Quevedo (60')
HSP Lineup: Natalio Londono, Gurutze Aranaz, Chequil Puma ( Marcos Rolan 88'), Casimiro Coro, Fermin Maquibar, Hibai Berriz, Auza Vertiz, Trinidad Quevedo ( Tomasina Baltazar 87'), Munio Sola ( Mira Makarova 82'), Peppi Palmero, Ozeano Amunategui

Hispinas Lineups, MD 8-9
@ TUR (Eels Park in Eelandii) - [3-4-3]: Londono; Aranaz - Coro - Puma [c]; Grullon - Vertiz - Quevedo - Duran; Makarova - Amunategui - Sola
vs PYA (Estadio Nacional en el Castillo in Mandrid) - [4-3-3]: Londono; Mondragon - Rolan - Puma [c] - Gurule; Berriz; Baltazar - Quevedo; Sola - Palmero - Chapa

ES | EN | EU | FIL

Hispinas' PREMIER sports magazine!

Vision 2210: Escobar targets Hispino football competitiveness by 2210
In addition of goal of making World Cup finals by 91st edition, working league system with regional and youth leagues established

MANDRID - National consultant for football, Iago Escobar, has outlined his and the king's vision to make Hispinas competitive internationally in five years.

In a press conference released by the Royal Hispinas Football Federation (FRHF), Escobar has been officially appointed by King Marco Juan XXII as the next FRHF president, overseeing Hispinas' two consecutive Copa Rushmori third place finishes with Alfonzo Medrano at the helm of the senior squad, and winning the 12th Under-18 World Cup where Marguerita Morea led the squad to triumph in Chromatika. In the same conference, Escobar released an official statement on a five-year plan to accelerate Hispinas' competitiveness to the rest of the competitions such as the World Cup and the IFCF competitions.

In order to feed the national squad with players ready to take the international stage, the grassroots program has been pointed out as one of the key points, with establishment of several regional leagues to cater to football and sports clubs around Hispinas when the king signed a decree to mandate every town and city in Hispinas to field sports clubs for three key team sports - football, basketball, and volleyball, allot budget to the local government units to build and/or renovate community sports complexes to minimum safety requirements, and establish regional leagues to have teams from various towns compete against each other to determine teams which can be considered to apply for full professionalization to enter either the La Liga Hispinas (LLH), Liga Hispinas Baloncesto (LHB), or the Hispinas Voleibol Liga (HVL).

In addition, four teams will be admitted to the LLH next season. Three of the four initial teams applied were approved to enter before the start of the 2205 season - Deportivo Piedramarilla from Mesetasur, Murosur FC from San Guadalupe, and Amistad de Felipe-Amerigo FC (ADFA FC) from San Felipe. The other club based from Haranbehera in Ekialdekobasko asked to defer their entry for another season as issues surrounding the split of Errege Iparekialdeko has no resolution as of writing.

The prospective club owners of the Haranbehera-based club wanted to have either the 'Errege' (Royal) name in their club or the investment from sponsor Txerrikotxoa transferred from the Seviguio club. However, club officials from the Iparbasko capital insisted that both be kept in their club only, prompting their neighboring province to seek funds elsewhere or ask the local government to provide subsidies to the club in order to enter the league in time for 2207 season. Errege has allotted two of their home games in the past two season in Haranbehera as per arrangement, however, those matches never involved those against the so-called 'Big 3' of Royal Mandrid, FC Cebuenas, or Basko rivals Atletikoa Haranurdina which were held in San Jose Estadioa.

Fortunately, there was one event in Mascardo where the provincial conflict between the native Hispinos and the Ruskos emigrated or had an asylum from Pridnestrovia have caused Dinamo Mascardo to expel all the officials and players having no Rusko ethnicity, the Rusko insurgents securing the provincial capital, and renaming the city and the club 'Maskagrad'. The exiled government in the adjacent Zamora has fans deciding to create a fan-owned club, Sporting Mascardo, and have asked LLH officials to admit them to fill up the spot vacated by the deferred application of the Haranbehera-based club. FRHF officials have ratified the decision to issue a professional football license to the new club after majority of club owners approved the request, with Dinamo the sole club voting to disapprove the request.

Escobar targets a 2-tier, 20-team professional football league pyramid by 2210, where four more prospective clubs enter in 2208 and another four in 2209 as well. The recent activities in the LLH front has big implications to the Copa de la Reino, which will be accepting all clubs applying in 2206 season, and the group stages will be abolished. The plan next season is to have four sectional tournaments for local clubs, and the winners of these four tournaments join the 12 clubs in a single knockout round.
Last edited by Hispinas on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
fka Hispania y Filipinas (IC-ly estranged/retconned) | Sportswire | Under-18 WC 12 Champions
Rushmore | Capital: Mandrid | Trigram: HSP | Demonym: Hispino / Hispina / Hispinian
Harrokeria Outfitters request form

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am

The troubling aspect of losing match to an unranked opponent ahead of two higher ranked sides is the risk of a tailspin.

That's the reality the Sarzonian national football team faces now after consecutive defeats to No. 62 Saltstead 1-0 and No. 1 The Holy Empire 4-3.

Manager Nathan Hanifer could only just shake his head when he headed to the dais after the loss to the Holy Empire.

"There's a reason that team is the top-ranked team in the multiverse," Hanifer said. "We saw it tonight."

After all the media buildup surrounding the Saints v. Sinners or Catholics v. Convicts matchup, the difference on the pitch was football.

"Quite simply, they're a better team than we are," Hanifer said. "They showed why they have the pedigree they do."

Sarzonia return home to face Acastanha before a three-match away trek beginning with No. 29 Græntfjall. The Stars will also battle Equestria and Brookstation away before their return home to face Ostankin. Dave Wilson Stadium officials announced they will honour the Sarzonian national lacrosse team after they won their seventh World Lacrosse Championship with a 13-6 victory over Banija in the final. Sarzonia's lacrosse team have won 19 consecutive WLC matches in the streak.

Hanifer said his team would be out early to watch and congratulate the lacrosse team.

"They've won seven titles," he said. "They've single-handedly made lacrosse into a sport that fans are passionate about."
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Mertagne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mertagne » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:27 am

"So, just two more matchdays until that crucial halfway point, and you've currently bandied the team up to third. How are Aziz and Le Bihan doing? I knew they'd do well over with you."

Kristie Ettrick was almost attacking a steak on her plate, her cutlery stalking it within the leafy greens on the plate much like a tiger in captivity looks to attack a stationary chicken the keepers have tied to a tree. Next to her was Kylian Forsyth, who was eating a vegetable lasagne much more in the manner of a normal person, and opposite them both was Tyrell Gulliver, who had sat and stared at his panini for a solid five minutes while the other two gave him feedback on his international managerial career to date.

This was a common part of the trio's 'monthly meet-ups', which in recent months had been in more and more exotic locales around Mertagne as they couldn't keep meeting at the hot-dog & coffee cart that like to park itself outside the Cop Limy every day, regardless of whether an event was occurring there or not. Tyrrel continued to listen as Ettrick continued.

"I mean, if you ask me, this is the beginning of the end, right? Last two games you've tied up. Cabo Azure was an absolute goal fest, but Fluvannia shouldn't have held us to a draw like that. You'll have to keep your wits up and get them on the away leg. That'll show them."

Kristie paused for the first time in a while to eat. Tyrell opened his mouth and began to speak.

"This is the best I've seen the team in a while. I made a tactical decision to rotate the squad out a bit, to give people further down the sheet some experience. Our next two games are going to be somewhat tough, and I need the best players I can get for those. Kandorith and Barunia will be a real test of what we're made of. It's kind of like a gauntlet, in a way - these teams good on their own, of course, but facing each back to back will make it harder. Harder than Vilita, I think, who were just having a bad day when we came to see them."

"You two have made a habit of catching Vilita when their trousers are down. First the group stage of the last Di Bradini Cup, and now here. I think they'll punish you when you play at home. It's like the first act of a movie, right? You, Tyrrel, go around beating all of these teams and looking super great, and then-"

The unbearably loud sound of a slide whistle began to roar, as with a PHWEEEEEEE!, the staff of this restaurant gathered the attention of everyone else and began to clap and sing a copyright-free birthday tune to one of the members of the table. After about 25 seconds of mirth for that single table and misery for everyone else, the restaurant returned to its typical, conversation-masking loudness.

Kylian shook his head. "What was I saying? Right, then the second act trauma comes in, you get slapped 7-0 by Savojarna, you get slapped 13-0 by Vilita, and then you start the slow and methodical rebuild to a respectable finish that is far above what you expected, right?"

Tyrell took a sip of his water. "For myriad reasons, I'm really glad that real life doesn't pan out like a movie. If it did, then we would have probably had to play Nyowani Kitara at home on the latter leg, and the team would have been, I don't know, killed or something. Have you seen the news about what's going on over there? It was a powder keg when we were over there and I really think we got out just in time."

"It sounds really awful, truly, just a completely f*cked situation. I'm not a political expert by any means, but it's reached the news here, so you know it's a big one. Strange time for a lot of nations at the moment, actually - seems there's always upheaval in the world..." Kristie said, before crunching on a piece of salad.

"Ah, you've bought me brilliantly onto something I want to talk to you about, actually. This might be of particular interest to you, Kristie, and will certainly be relevant to you as well, Kylian, especially by the time you're asked to trot a national team out again in a World Cup." Tyrrel moved forward, his elbows moving onto the table, and he knitted his hands together. "I have reason to believe that life in the FMF isn't all as 'happy rainbows and fun fun fun' as it seems. I mean, you could guess that by the very nature of our day-to-day work, but I think something's seriously wrong, either just below us, or in the super upper echelons."

"What do you mean?" asked Forsyth. "What's wrong?"

"I think there's a mole in our fair house. I had a think about this a while back, just before my last press conference. The topic of Pia's national service had come up internally before a reporter asked a question about it, but it wasn't anything serious, just off-hand remarks. I think someone got a hold of that, blew it up a bit, and sold it out to the journos. I mean, there's a lucrative business in 'selling things out to journalists' - this government was built on that sort of thing. Who's to say the FMF isn't experiencing the same thing?"

Kylian Forsyth looked around. "That's a bold accusation to make, mate. Are you sure we've been infiltrated by story floggers? I don't think you can go to the heads of the FMF with that sort of-"

The dreadful slide whistle kicked up again with a PHWEEEEEEUUUUU!, and another table was acclaimed-slash-assaulted with the dulcet-slash-dire tones of the staff and their not quite Happy Birthday song, complete with slightly-off-rhythm clapping from staff and other restaurant go-ers alike.

When the ritual ended, Kylian threw his hands in the air. "Whatever. You get my point."

Kristie looked outside the window of the restaurant, holding her drink in her hand. "Ah, but what if you put this theory to the test? Start spreading some absolutely outlandish rumours, and see who picks up on it. Maybe think of some different ones for each person you suspect? Maybe start with one or two to narrow the pool a bit."

Tyrrel clicked his fingers. "That's actually a brilliant idea. I'll really need your help with this, so if you can do that, that would be great."

"Why do you want to expose people in the FMF, anyway?" asked Forsyth.

Tyrrel thought for a bit before responding. "Well, I genuinely believe in the whole 'turn a new leaf' thing that the government's really trying very hard to accomplish. Revolutions, typically violent ones, often end up causing more upheaval during, see Nyowani Kitara, but after the old way of thinking gets bumped out, it's more stable as all that's left is the new school of thinking. Mertagne as a whole didn't have a violent revolution, and neither did the FMF, and so I think that a lot of that 'old thinking' is still about. That sleek, corporate, money-making, soul sucking, 'Hello Richard, how was your weekend?', spongy, KPI, email-sending kind of culture that ran riot during the Insulation. It's in everything, and it's going to be a while before it completely gets swept under the carpet. That very force is what I believe will kill the new FMF, and we need to get it at the source. Does that make sense?"

Kylian Forsyth nodded. "Yes, it d-"

PHWEEEEEE!

Forsyth stood up and put on his coat. Gesturing with his head, the trio stood up and exited the restaurant, with a plan for change stewing in the pot.
user pronouns: he/him

The Nation of Mertagne - World Wonder Wizard!
Capital: Dannin ¤ Trigram: MRT ¤ Demonym: Mertagnian ¤ Map: Here! ¤ Anything Else: Here!
¤ combined a jet engine with fireworks ¤ ANAIA NATION ¤ Author of NS Issue #1508 ¤

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 am

Ochre Islands 0-1 Tumbra

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - John Lennon, 18 - Jacob Keene, 4 - Ian Ashburn, 14 - Louis Paterson, 19 - Russell White; 23 - Michael Aitken (6 - Vincent Hicks, 67') 15 - Alan Morgan (8 - Craig McGrath, 75'), 10 - Phil Cole; 7 - Neil Fraser, 9 - Robin Vaughn, 22 - Nick Riordan - inj (44 - Nigel Erskine, 45')

TMB scorers: Nigel Erskine (87')

Player of the Match: John Lennon (TMB)
Tumbra 0-1 Eraman

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - John Lennon, 18 - Jacob Keene (2 - Ryan Hughes, 75'), 4 - Ian Ashburn, 14 - Louis Paterson, 19 - Russell White; 23 - Michael Aitken (6 - Vincent Hicks, 64'), 15 - Alan Morgan, 10 - Phil Cole; 7 - Neil Fraser, 9 - Robin Vaughn, 44 - Nigel Erskine (11 - Marcus Sheldon, 73')

TMB scorers: Nil

Player of the Match: Mikla Kala (ERM)

The Federal Parliament in Straton, with its opulent, imposing facade and wide-open lawns, had been the backdrop for many a political moment throughout the Republic's hundred and sixty year existence. Declarations of dissolving Parliament, withdrawals of support for the government, short-lived splinter movements...the immaculately trimmed lawn with its stone pathways had been integral to the history of Tumbra. It transformed into the regular backdrop for live news on Parliament reports; almost everyone in the country recognised the familiar green lawn outside Parliament; the great stone edifices which housed the eight hundred and fifty legislators which together formed the Parliament of Tumbra.

And it leant itself to protests particularly well. Most days the protests were small, of local issues; people who had travelled the length of half the country attempting to find out why the price of petrol had increased by twenty-five cents; or trying to seek an audience with their MP for some perfunctory matter or other. Occasionally, however, there were more, bigger, wider-scale protests; during the last days of Ian Randall's government, when the economy went into a tailspin and the unemployment rate skyrocketed, people gathered, protesting the measures taken by the government. Throughout Darren Hayes' austerity-focused government, people protested again; calling the government all kinds of swear words for reducing unemployment benefits or the closing of a hospital.

Protests had become a way of making voices known in Tumbra, much to the consternation of the Straton Police Department; now they were twice as overworked and were still paid the same. Some of the protests had become permanent fixtures; TV crews had since shifted to inside the main lobby of Parliament to deliver their reports. An unruly crowd on the TV screen distracted from what their reporters were trying to say, the broadcasting companies said.

The Northlands Expansion Act had brought a new issue to the forefront of politics; those against it gathered on the lawn, sick and tired of Tumbra's reputation in the international sphere going down the drain. There were rumours that Tumbra's special relationship with Omerica was under threat; while the situation in Nyowani Kitara had been dominating headlines, Tumbra's move into the Northlands had been generating a fair bit of controversy, too.

But slowly, surely, the protests over the Northlands had turned into something more general. They took on a life of their own, a wave of antiestablishmentarianism sweeping over the protestors. The government of the day — and indeed, days beforehand, many so — had failed to listen to the Common Man and/or Woman. Their opinions were ignored, six choices — maybe seven if the local loony decided to show up — at the ballot box, forced to turn up on election day on pain of a fine. Why should we give a shit about them if they don't give a shit about us?

Slowly, the banners saying "No To Imperialism" and "Give Peace A Chance" soon gave way to "FUCK YOU KENNETH EVERETT", "POWER TO THE PEOPLE" and "LISTEN TO US YOU PIGDOGS". Leaders soon emerged, eager to take ahold of the nascent wave that none of them could control. The Conservative leader, Alan Spalko, had tried; after all, he'd ridden the wave all the way from Georgia to Straton.

But then he'd lost control of that wave. Images of him cosying up to Kenneth Everett at a party hadn't helped his populist image, either. New leaders emerged, eager to see if they were the anointed one to ride the wave of anger that had surfaced. Everett's approval ratings had dipped from about 60% to 45%; now as many people approved as they did disapprove of him. Was it the Northlands? Him being more style than substance?

So new leaders had emerged. George Bernhardt, Jodie Spence, Bernard Galloway; all three had emerged as leaders of the hastily-named Reform Movement. All three could not have been more different. George was a businessman in his late fifties; Jodie a taxi driver in her early forties; Bernard an actor, in his early seventies, whose best days were obviously behind him but had kept himself in the public consciousness by posting mildly-offensive material to his blog and had slowly transformed it into a political movement by going on long rants against the government of the day. It did not matter which party, red or blue, formed the government, he hated them all. Nor would a switch to yellow, dark blue, green or maroon placate him; not even orange or pink, the two most recent colours, would satisfy him.

All three had become organisers, marshals of this new movement; they were the face of the movement now. They spoke at every rally, calling for direct democracy, more power to the states, complaining that the federal government had too much power; and slowly they'd shaped the unorganised morass of protesters into a nascent movement. A colour had been chosen — teal, too. They were a party in all but name. It was time to change that.

Now all that remained was to announce that they were going official. That they could stand down, and return home, and begin recruiting for the next, great revolution that was about to envelope the country. The revolution of the downtrodden, the commoner, the everyman and everywoman having their voices finally heard.

The Reformist Movement was coming.

HUAYAMARCA vs TUMBRA and TUMBRA vs OTTOMAN SYLDAVIA - World Cup 89 Qualifying

Starters: 1 - John Lennon; 2 - Ryan Hughes, 4 - Ian Ashburn, 5 - Harry Henderson, 19 - Russell White; 6 - Vincent Hicks, 8 - Craig McGrath, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn; 44 - Nigel Erskine

Bench: 12 - Louis Addison; 34 - Neal Diamond, 14 - Louis Paterson, 26 - Raymond Perry, 3 - Chris Carter; 15 - Alan Morgan, 23 - Michael Aitken, 39 - Andrew Fisher; 31 - Dylan van Heirolf, 21 - Lynne Crossley; 11 - Marcus Sheldon, 33 - Philip Cohen
Last edited by Tumbra on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

In which I offend literally everyone

Postby Graintfjall » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 am

Græntfjall – 0 (0)
B. Ernestisson Image (90+3’); Lúthersdóttir, Jokulsson, Reynarsson, Vilbertsdóttir Image (26’) Image (90+3’); Ásvaldursson; Álvgeirsdóttir, Finnvarðsdóttir Image (81’ Thorleifsson Image), Heikkisdóttir Image (73’ Marvinsdóttir Image); Jonathansdóttir, Þórhallursson Image (81’ Bergmundursson Image)

The Holy Empire – 1 (0)
Cthulhu Image (90+3’ pen.)

Acastanha – 2 (1)
Tiehl Image (28’), Hurula Image (85’)

Græntfjall – 4 (4)
Hárlaugsdóttir; Lúthersdóttir, T. Ernestisson, Reynarsson Image (70’ Thorleifsson Image), Bjarnfinnursdóttir; Ásvaldursson Image (3’); Álvgeirsdóttir, Finnvarðsdóttir Image (70’ Hólmarsdóttir Image), Kristoffersdóttir Image (18’); Jonathansdóttir Image (37’) Image (89’), Þórhallursson Image Image (32’, 41’) Image (64’ Auðunsdóttir Image)

Kæja Finnvarðsdóttir continues to impress in Amanda Guttisdóttir’s absence, while Hjörleifur Reynarsson has led a superb back line: after 7 games, the Snow Wolves sit top of the group, and though the goals from Acastanha blotted their defensive record a touch, will enter the final match week of the first half of qualifying taking a lot of positives from their performances to date. A couple of red cards sullied their hitherto fairly clean fair play record – Emeli Vilbertsdóttir sent off controversially for a very debatable shove in the penalty area that led to a costly spot-kick; Eiríka Jonathansdóttir, who had spent 90 minutes jawing at the referee, under much less contested circumstances after one too many words in the ear led to a second yellow for dissent.

Jason Þórhallursson had also been building up his frustration levels, but exorcised them in much more constructive ways, with two goals and two assists as the Snow Wolves ran riot at Acastanha in the first half, the first a workmanlike header, the second a lovely touch of quality to control, turn, and fire in a fluidity belying his size. Sara Kristoffersdóttir, who’d looked crap in blue-and-white to date and more interested in her club career, was relieved when he played her in to thrash one into the roof of the net, and a neat 1-2 sent Álfar Ásvaldursson through to blast in one even he couldn’t miss.

Following the loss against The Holy Empire, The Snow Wolves were somewhat less than rocked by the news that Petter Erlingsson has retired from international football. A bare dozen games into his career, he’d looked like he belonged against the half-strength sides at the Eagle’s Cup, but plainly featured little in Igrene Cantor’s plans once the real matches came around. The strong domestic form of Justiina Dannysdóttir, Ásvarður Bergmundursson, and especially Lara Auðunsdóttir have also made him largely surplus to requirements. His retirement was nonetheless typically graceful, and he will be wished well by his former teammates. Well, most of them.

“YOU MOTHERFUCKER!”

“...technically, it was your sister.”

Very strangely, pointing this out failed to calm down Petter Erlingsson. He’d left the press conference where he emotionally announced his retirement upright and dignified, rubbing away just the tiniest tear from his eye as the press shouted questions at his departing back. In the corridor behind the Knattspyrnusamband Græntfjalls press room, though, he’d run straight into Jason Þórhallursson. The two had not spoken since One Seasons Hotel staff had been called to separate them as their brawl spilled out into the hotel corridor. Petter had shut Jason’s hand in a trouser press (don’t worry, Emeli Vilbertsdóttir was nearby to comfort the frightened appliance…); given his state of undress, Jason had been philosophical about him not shutting anything else in it and decided to try to disengage. Only to be sucker punched – and yes, there really was a rosary wrapped around said first. Now, Petter heard the call for Round 2. He was dressed in a sharp pressed suit but had the jacket off in a second, rolling up his sleeves as he advanced and –

was yanked off his feet. Petter was a fairly big man, not so much as Jason but still considered something of a BFG striker in his younger days before he’d slimmed down, but he was straight yoinked up like a paper doll and dangled there, feet whirring in confusion. He looked up balefully into the hideous face of Kalle Bjørnsson, who was deliberating on which of his limbs to pick off as easy as he would a trapped fly’s.

“Kalle, put him down.”

Emeli (no sign of the trouser press) stood at the end of the corridor, arms crossed.

Still Petter flailed.

“Kalle, put him down.” The voice came from the other end of the corridor. Where stood Igrene Cantor, her face cold and unsmiling. Her frosty tone brooked no argument and immediately Kalle dropped Petter into a heap at Jason’s feet. His huge shoulders slumped and he moped into an apologetic hangdog look. More of a hang-hellhound look, really.

“Sorry boss.”

“That’s OK. Kalle, you go with Emeli. Jason, Petter. With me.”

Petter had picked himself up and glanced at Jason uncertainly.

Now.

There was an actual nyooom noise as they hurried to comply.

Her office was cluttered: there was a sense that despite having this job for nearly two years, she hadn’t quite unpacked yet. Tactical charts were pinned to the walls and various diagrams scrawled on whiteboards, but there were also scattered guidebooks to Græntfjaller language and culture, and a guide-post-it-note to Græntfjaller summer holiday locations.

They stood in front of her desk as she sat down behind it.

“I don’t care what happened at the wedding. I don’t care what history you have. I don’t care what you do off the field, with each other’s families. But I will not have my team fistfighting with each other in the hallways like a bunch of lads on tour.”

Jason had grown familiar enough with her Nepharan accent and idiom to know that, however calm her one and impassive her face, she was furious.

“Yes,” he said.

After a pause, Petter agreed.

“Petter, beautiful speech. But that does mark the end of your time with us. So I’m going to ask you to clear out your locker and leave. Thanks for all you’ve done.”

It wasn’t much of a goodbye, but then, Græntfjallers regarded Nepharans as fairly unsentimental, so it was nothing too surprising.

“Igrene, I’d like to thank you for…”

“Yeah, cheers.” She nodded to the door.

Petter scraped his eyebrows off the ceiling, gave Jason one last look of utter death, and departed. She sighed and sat back in her chair. Her icy gaze concentrated on the one who remained.

“I warned you. I specifically warned you. Do I need to get you spayed?”

“No. It was just… it was pretty much over anyway. Just the wedding. A lot of emotions. A lot of alcohol. One time thing. Two, if you count the thing in the bath… Or with the balcony I guess it’s three, but that wasn’t even –”

She held up her hand. “Enough. We have a big game coming up, against Acastanha, and that shitshow against The Holy Empire won’t cut it. You’ve been slacking off. I need your fucking head in the game.”

The Nepharan proclivity for mixing football insight with sudden, jarring profanity was still an ongoing cultural adjustment for Græntfjallers, but Jason got the gist of it. He nodded.

“Especially without Amanda.”

The two exchanged a very long, very silent look.

“Oh fuck. She’s not?”

Jason nodded. “She is.”

“Is it mine?”

Amanda Guttisdóttir raised her eyebrow.

“Wait. Right. Sorry. Bit of an instinctive response.” Jason Þórhallurson smiled apologetically at his old (platonic) friend and turned to survey the Háttmark bay for a moment. Frost-tipped waves thrashed as a gale, raging with ice, whipped swirls of snow into miniature white cyclones. Græntfjall really could be beautiful in the summer.

He took a sip of his coffee. “Well, I mean, if you wanted to keep it, I’m sure you’d be a great, uh. I mean, it’s your choice. I’m just saying… but obviously, your decision.”

“Yes it is,” she snapped. “Jason, I didn’t come to you for advice on mothering. I came because with your track record, I have to believe you’d know somewhere discreet.”

“Oh, right. Yeah! I’m actually on their Christmas card list. Frequent customer and all that. If I give you my loyalty card, I think my next one gets me a free sub sandwich…”

“Jesus.”

“Close. Just because we’re both deadly from crosses, people do tend to get us confused.”

She punched him in the arm. “This is serious.”

He rooted through his wallet, and found the card.

“‘The Ctrl + Z Clinic’,” she read the name off the card. “‘Don’t Kid Yourself.’ Thanks.”

Græntfjall was still a conservative Catholic society. It wasn’t illegal, but especially for someone high profile like Amanda, one of the country’s most recognizable faces, it was a decision that carried risks if it became public.

“This why you’ve been missing all the games?”

She snorted. “Not like you’ve missed me.”

“Nah, you’re one of a kind.”

“Kæja’s done pretty well. Not even sure I’ll get my place back.” She studied him, smiling as something was confirmed to her when he flinched at their teammate’s name. Kæja and Kaija are pronounced the same in Græntfjaller – in fact, they’re the same name, just one uses the modern spelling and one the traditional. Now he realized she was talking about their teammate, Kæja Finnvarðsdóttir, he relaxed.

“Igrene’ll let you walk back in the team whenever you’re ready.”

“She’s been really cool about this.”

Jason had been, after Emeli Vilbertsdóttir and Eiríka Jonathansdóttir, the third person on the team Amanda had told. Most of the men on the team were fairly conservative. Someone like Hjörleifur Reynarsson was a big teddy bear she loved to bits, but she knew he’d never look at her the same way if he knew. She didn’t need that kind of drama with her teammates. But once her manager had found out, she’d gone from being frustrated with her midfielder’s frequent absences owing to ‘dehydration’ (which was true, but somewhat beside the point), to immediately taking her side, sitting her down, running through her options with her, and offering her fulsome support. Those Nepharans weren’t total bastards, it turned out.

She was flicking the edge of the card with her thumbnail.

“You haven’t asked me who’s it is,” she said.

Jason just shrugged. “NMFB.” It took her a moment. “Not really his, either.”

She reached for his arm. Not a punch, this time. A pat, of appreciation. “How’s the hand?”

He flexed his fingers. “Still hurts a bit. Nothing too bad.”

“You’re lucky you grew the beard. Softened the blow.” She mimed a fist to the jaw, and he ruefully rubbed the dark blonde fuzz. They were all growing them, to the end of qualifying. Ever since his Verdean excursion he objected much less to the facial hair trend. Something in that jungle seemed to have thickened up what had once been rather embarrassing peach fuzz.

“I’m lucky he’s never been any good at hitting the target.”

Amanda paused. “You never know who’s going to slip one through the defense.”

Like an indignant owl, Jason swivelled his head to face her. “You. Fucking. No.

Amanda gazed back at him, unblinking, for nearly a minute. And then she cracked. “No. No! God, can you imagine!?”

They dissolved in laughter, the two old friends, sitting on the pier, watching the summer squalls abate.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Annyeong Oppa
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Annyeong Oppa » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:47 am

To: Hak So-won, Head Coach, National Football Team [축구 국가대표팀 학소원 감독]
Communication Label: Annyeong Oppa Restricted [안영오빠 제한]

Greetings, Ms. Hak.

It was brought to my attention during the Zwangzug match away that some of the players made attempts to rip the back of the jerseys of the Zwangzugian players with them seemingly trying to convince themselves that other nations have nametags on their back. I wanted this behavior to be lessened especially during the away matches as the rest of the world is watching and we are starting to being branded as 'primitive' players due to your players' recent behaviors.

I appreciate you not giving them any missions during away matches and them to try to act as actual football players in our upcoming matches.

---Annyeong Oppa Restricted---
---안영오빠 제한---

Annyeong Oppa vs Cheetahs and reptiles Coalison - Leonningmaen Stadium

So-won has received a communication from the central government on the actions taken by her players during Annyeong Oppa's visit in Zwangzug, and has strictly reminded her players to be restricted to football activities. This hasn't stopped them from being aggressive in the field and have several players suspended after the 2-2 draw against Pemecutan. The team had Gi-mun and Hye-bin suspended after they found themselves sent off due to the reckless challenges they made which made the team to waste their 2-0 lead down the drain and hang on to the draw.

She gave the substitutes a mission to identify the three players she will sub off in the match against the Coalison, by looking around clues on who they are and how to identify them. The clue lead them to needing to take off their target's shoe and identify in their insole if those are the players, however, they will lose their chance if another player not intended to be taken off had their insoles looked at. Pung Gi-ung, who has not made any appearances for ANO as of yet knew all the people in the starting lineup who will be subbed off based on the clues he got. However, when he found out the way to identify them, he looked into his own insole, and saw the words, "OUT".

As a result, he was taken away by the staff and the PA announcement "Pung Gi-ung, OUT!! Pung Gi-ung, OUT!!" was heard by fans and viewers alike around the stadium. The mayhem continued for the subs to look for those players, and as a result, the three players identified, who were also playing badly in the match's first half - Gok Yu-jeong, Gim Yi-hwa, and Gwak Eun-ah, were all taken off by the second half started. Fatigue for the rest of the starters kicked in, and lack of subs caused An Jun-seop to play as backup keeper when Byeong-cheol was sent off later in the second half which they conceded a penalty and had the match ended 1-1.
Loosely based on RM 246 where Haha was ousted when he looked in his own insole after getting the clue on how to rescue the 'kidnapped' actress
Last edited by Annyeong Oppa on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 am

Shinonome Kyoai - International

Excellent position with the toughest to come.

Two major games are in sights now, Vilita and Mertagne.
By Natsumi Miyasaki
Sports
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

*  Group 3                            Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Savojarna 7 5 2 0 14 4 +10 17
2 Kandorith 7 5 2 0 19 10 +9 17
3 Mertagne 7 4 3 0 18 11 +7 15
4 Vilita 7 4 1 2 17 19 −2 13
5 Cabo Azure 7 2 3 2 15 9 +6 9
6 Nyowani Kitara 7 3 0 4 12 11 +1 9
7 Barunia 7 2 2 3 15 12 +3 8
8 Fluvannia 7 1 3 3 14 14 0 6
9 Arjunnagar 7 0 2 5 10 24 −14 2
10 Devonta 7 0 0 7 5 25 −20 0
Standing in second of the group for the first time at this stage has eluded some of the fans. Kandorith is playing their best games in years and has been looking fit and strong against all opponents so far. The next two opponents however are something to look out for. The Kandorese will face Mertagne and Vilita these matches will be the deciding factor and a test for Kandorith, especially Vilita who have won the tournament multiple times and have earned their respected stance in the sporting world.

The Kandorese have faced Vilita twice before during World Cup Qualifiers 64 and it did spell trouble for them. Losing the first match with a three to one goal score and with renewed hope drawing the second match in a goalless yet spectacular match. Yet, with the way the qualifiers have been for the Kandorese so far, the spirits are at an all time high. For the first time in history the Kandorese national team has not lost a single match at this stage of the qualifiers, boosting morale and confidence.

For the fans and also the manager the tables seemingly have turned. The Kandorese national team wants to keep the momentum going as they have yet to lose a single game and yet have to see complacency creep in as has happened in the past. However, this time around it seems that the Kandorese are keeping up their composure in a fashion unknown for them. So far there have been no disappointments only a few unlucky draws and the Dragons even holding up against Savojarna was a treat for the fans; the question is if they can capitalize on this in the upcoming games and keep their heads up high.

Make or break points

Historically the Kandorese have never started a qualification campaign on the level they are now. Qualifiers have traditionally been a tough road for them and an absolute rollercoaster of emotions and results. Currently there is a very large difference; Kandorith sits in third place and will face the most promising team and the number three in the last two matchdays before the halfway mark. These matchdays might be the deciding factor in a possibility for qualifying for the World Cup itself.

Mertagne has had a great record in the qualifiers so far and look to try and take the second place in the group from Kandorith. A draw would be the least that manager Michiyu wants to achieve and aiming for a win is the main mission right there. While not disastrous, a draw would stop the Kandorese momentum in it's tracks and gives way to Vilita catching up.

Vilita started their campaign in a disappointing manner but right now the Jungle Cats are quickly climbing the group ladder and have been destroying opponents left and right. Looking at the history of Vilita, their ranking and their stature - they are the most reasonable pick to be the group winners. As it stands both Savojarna and Vilita are sitting on the favourite position according to the statistics. In the upcoming games however, the Kandorese can show they are indeed a dark horse and ready to take on the task of qualifying for the first time in a very fruitless era which has divided the footballing community in the nation.

Currently the Michiyu era of the Kandorese team is having a dream start with a positive goal difference and not falling for the so called cursed against lower ranked teams. There have been moments thought where the Kandorese narrowly avoided drawing or even defeat. Every time the going got though, they did pull together and managed to show their determination to the game. Fans are hopeful that the team can keep up their impressive record and maybe, just maybe, for the first time defeat Vilita. Beating both Vilita and Mertagne would be the dream for the Dragons. It could as well propel them back in the first place and distance themselves from the mid-table early on in the qualifiers. When looking back at the previous qualifiers the half-way point has mostly been the decider weather or not the Dragons will qualify. With renewed strength, pride and nerves of steel the Golden Dragons will go into the last two matches of the first part of qualifying for World Cup 89.

"I do think this team has the means to win the upcoming games." Michiyu said. "We have brilliant players and the team just clicks together like a jigsaw puzzle. Both the midfield and attack are able to make moves which seem to stun the opponent and lead to a goal scoring chance and we do need to keep pressing on that. I do think it is important to keep our cool though and be on the lookout for quick counter-attacks. In previous matches we did make mistakes with that and it has put a slight dent in some of our confidence in what we could have achieved.

We will however be extra careful with the two upcoming games as they might be crucial for our standing when it comes to the table and our chances of qualifying. However, I am not afraid of either team. So far the national squad has performed way above their level and I think think they can perform even better. The upcoming games will show the spirit of Kandorese football and why we deserve to take a spot in the World Cup. After that it is a matter of not conceding a single match and keeping the momentum going to finish top of the group at the end of the road; this is the ultimate aim."

Michiyu seems ready to take on the big names in the group and even boldly state that the Kandorese will directly qualify as group winners - which would be the ultimate season for them and even a first time. Fans however, are somewhat more cautious. Social media is abuzz with the fans showing careful optimism ahead of the upcoming games; most settling for a one goal difference or a draw in both games. No one is daring to predict any large upsets. In a night where Kandorith can cause the greatest upset in the group, beating Vilita, would be the most welcome moment in a long time for Kandorese football. One moment of clarity is that there's a new kind of energy flowing through the fans, the players and venues, Kaya Michiyu has brought a fresh voice and idea to the Kandorese national team. So far this new energy has caused the team to play on the top of their game every match so far and is now looking as a strong contender for indeed; winning the group.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:24 am

SavojarSports.sj - inside reports from all Savojarna
Alvesen nabs record in Fluvannia, helps securing three points

By Jaukka Halanen

Following their historic victory in Vilita last month, the Northlights continue to be set on course to the 89th World Cup following a 4-2 away victory at Fluvannia. While the Man of the Match award was - probably rightfully given his two assists - given to right winger Mikhail Jashkin, the talk of the game belonged to the scorer of the 3-2, Partisan Sjoedrhavn striker Lars Alvesen. The Sjoedrhavn native was substituted on in the 58th minute to help breaking through a tough Fluvannian defence and force the issue in the box, as well as to take some load off main striker Sergey Nweke at the end of a long domestic season and ahead of the upcoming Copa Rushmori. The move clearly paid off as thirteen minutes later, a cross by Jashkin found the teenager, who defended the ball against a Fluvannian centre-back before beating their keeper with a shot to the top right side of the goal. At 18 years and 241 days, Lars Alvesen goes down in the record books as the youngest player to ever score a goal in a competitive game for the Savojarna national team.

The goal also was eventually crucial, as Fluvannia - who had previously equalised twice after Savojarna took the lead, the second time after a controversial but correct handball penalty - were no longer able to pull even a second time, and eventually gave up a third goal to Morten Poulsen’s shot from the edge of the box following a counter-attack. Alvesen’s game winning goal was quickly becoming a viral hit in Savojarna thanks to its historic dimension, and the player is likely to significantly grow his market value again after having already netted a 5.5 million NSD sum in his move from FK Sjoedrhavn to local rivals Partisan, the biggest sum ever paid for a teenager in Savojarna. Earlier this season, he has been wearing the blue and white in the Di Bradini Cup, where his side has been eliminated in the group stage; now, he has moved on to a larger stage and might even become a topic for the Copa Rushmori. However, Strauss quickly aimed to temper speculation, stating in the post-match conference that she was making her selections on the basis of longer-term performance rather than media buzz, and that while Alvesen undoubtedly played a good game, this would not mean he is ready for tournament football.

The striker himself has appeared to be down to earth despite his record, and is apparently aware of his age. “Of course I am on cloud seven now and feeling incredible after a goal for the national team and three points on the road, but I am not here to make this my personal show, I have a lot to learn every game and I think I know this after I haven’t scored in the past matches, right?”, he said. Asked about his future plans and the prospect of a move, especially if he showed up in the Copa as well, Alvesen reaffirmed his commitment to Partisan: “We have something really special going on right now with the boys and girls, I love playing together with veterans like Morten [Poulsen, ed.] and Ola [Lapanen, ed.] and learning a lot about the international game and the different attitudes from our Nepharim; playing with a winger like Traudl [Mrdja, ed.] is a dream for a young player like me. And now we will get to play Champions League, this has always been my dream, I am not going anywhere this summer. Maybe to the Copa, if the coach wants me to. But I love Sjoedrhavn, I love my teammates, I’m about to make my boy dream come true, believe me when I say I stay”. While his agent might not have been too happy about these words, Partisan’s fans certainly were, as was the club sending his best congratulations and wishes through twii.tur.

Now, Savojarna prepare for a difficult home game against tied group leaders Kandorith, before travelling back to Högvald in June to prepare for the Copa Rushmori. The WCQ campaign will continue next autumn with an away game in Barunia, who currently sit in seventh place with a single victory, before facing unranked and winless Arjunnagar at home to round out the first half of their campaign. While it is too early to make any calls - especially before we play the return game against Vilita - Savojarna are on track to make a strong World Cup bid in the second half of the campaign.

OOC Note: 23-man roster against Barunia and Arjunnagar
Barunia Starting XI (4-4-2 flat): Pakanen - Pedersen [C], Dmitriev, Forsberg, Skov - Voynov, Klaebo, Lundell, Jashkin - Smolov, Ehlers
Arjunnagar Starting XI (4-4-2 flat): Virulainen - Pedersen [C], Zirkova, Palsdottir, Magnusson - Östberg, Klaebo, Poulsen, Gyldenström - Alvesen, Ehlers
Bench (both games): Sharin, Viipuri, Niskanen, Jacobsen
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Geektopia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Geektopia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:26 am

Ooh, lookie here! How a new league came about and stayed apart after previously unsuccessful attempts to institute domestic football in Geektopia.

A league system in Geektopia has always been quite a humongous ask, not just due to the corruption, but with problems regarding that of financial disabilities, public disinterest, and a somewhat fearful approach to the whole process has been staked out each time. That being said, the financial disability part stems from the core cities that made up a weird and wacky first division which were full of hits and misses when it came to economic enrichment and sustainability. I'm not sure how much Mukladrue has grown since it was a small city with half a million peeps in the center of it, but the newly-founded G.I.N. which holds all of the first three divisions includes it three times, a whole THREE times. Now that's what I call economic growth, and I'm not even an economist! As I said, the first stab at a functioning league was very hit or miss when it came to cherry-picking towns to put football clubs in, mind you, football clubs, NOT franchises. Public nonchalance, impassivity, dispassionateness, whatever you'd like to call it was, in some sense, very much a factor in the failing financial figures of the GFF in their efforts to try and hold together a national team as well as a domestic system. Then, still, you have the example which existed through Chinese Congo's conflated success and recent downfall to give Geektopia an aiding hand into the process of building a league hierarchy but not whiffing it too much, although it seems that the GFF approached this with fear or, though it may sound strange, didn't look at this example of success at all as the federation shakily forgot to include TV rights or be accommodating in general. As quoted by a lividly inconvenienced fan, "Twas very unaccommodating, yes. In the short existence which was this league, they didn't have a website, timetable, cut off times, nor any idea on the subject of transfer business."

The second attempt was approached with somewhat of an understanding due to the failures and disheartenment that followed the GFF miscarriage and defeat in making a domestic system as well as a historic comeback in their eighty fourth World Cup qualifying group where the Riverbed jumped up from eighth to third in the second half of proceedings didn't come to anything. This time though, there were a few mistakes, still and all, these mistakes didn't replicate errors of the previous league, where there wasn't any scheduling, nor a website. This had a timetable and it was planned pretty well although the league never really kicked off or lived up to it's promise to play out one match because there weren't any humans in charge of one team, as this was an interspecies league with certain mythos like water dragons that composed a starting eleven. As expected, with no human even managing a team of species with their own thoughts and paradigms, one could say that the beasts escaped from their proverbial cages. Another lesser problem appeared in the form of the GFF looking at successful domestic systems from within the continent in an inspirational manner, and not increasing the scope by an even further margin, thus ignoring league hierarchies and structures which are consoled and financially taken care of thousands of times better than Kwandoa's most successful which comes from the Chinese Congo.

I can't really celebrate too early regarding this, but as we know it, the third time is a charm because it looks like the GFF have gotten their shit together and righted wrongs which came from antecedent cracks while it came to making a home-grown football league pyramid. This time, the federation have dropped some of their capital into moulding another non-profit organization apart from themselves which handles the domestic side of things. This is called the Geektopia Iizhiks Nathzinuh, or GIN for short. So, already some smart thinking from within the patriotic and forward-surmising Mordecai-based headquarters of GFF. One could quite excitedly say, "Control center: score!" at this news, but nothing is for sure regarding the stability of this project until a season will have been victoriously played out. It also seems that the four core cities which exist in our country have been triumphantly monetized throughout the three tiers, which isn't what total bozos within the nation who priorly ran this would have wanted, but it just goes to show that we're taking the right steps. Some bad news though is the first tier looks like a continental one held up between five countries when it comes to athletes within the squads. You have bozos from Aimena who have no idea how to play (where, in prior, they thoroughly showed it through their ghastly attempt of qualifying for the World Cup) and then some from Islas Cardinales, Unimon, and Burur caq Noaksi. Another piece of good fortune, though to cancel out this drudgery that I just had to write exists that our players who start for the national team aren't all free agents now as they were in attempt 1 and 2 in making a domestic pyramid. One obviously has to consider signing influential figures in the football world when being the catalyst for every decision regarding this new domestic pyramid that they made, and it looks like Krier is striving under this leadership as well as the pressure that comes under his position by making fruitful decisions.

Now the statistics for this are going to be mind-bogglingly confusing upon first look, but if one takes a look at the labels and reads them properly, I wouldn't think that one person would have a problem articulating the data. Here is the pyramid divvied by the cities in Geektopia that make it up:

As you can see here, the legend makes up three labels that correspond to the inaugural three leagues that encompass the whole professional pyramid. Any club that claims itself a club outside of these three tiers is non-professional and is therefore playing in another organization which makes up it's league pyramid. The cool thing about this as well is that clubs from the first and second divisions can have a feeder team which can either be suffixed with II, Juniors, Reserves, Youth, or B. There already several feeder teams plastered throughout the second and third tiers and people are not happy about it. By way of illustration, a club from Witegão that was set to rival another Witegão-based team was denied league entry for the reason of Athletic Moscaritolo's pleas to have a feeder club within the ranks shortly before the league was released to a Geektopian public. Kummaboule has no guaranteed ticket to the first division, as all of it's company is in the second division. Fans have also been angry at this, and one economist even showed GIN's chairman Krier a diagram of where most Geektopians were buying their tickets to international friendlies from. Kummaboule took up third place out of the seventy towns on the survey, with a huge total sum of five hundred thirty eight thousand cryptos. To give you a picture of this, Kummaboule has 4.2 million people in it's reaches and the average ticket for a friendly game is twenty nine cryptos.

Krier has said on his social media account that he won't rearrange the order of this pyramid that he's created with the help of his business counselors McKissack and Toepfer, but that there'll be cup competitions after the first season, which is always something to look forward to.
Qasden 0-0 Geektopia
Goals: N/A

Player Ratings

LERTORA: 7.0
REBIMBAS: 7.0
LIVENGOOD: 7.0
GERMAIN SOPHIE: 6.9
AUTIANNA 'ARDIQUSWAA: 7.0
GERKING: 7.0 (↓ 8' for #17 Rolke)
MATKOWSKI: 5.0 ( ♦️ | Sent off in the twelfth minute)
GERMAINE SOPHIE: 7.0 (↓ 1' for #28 Ogrodowski)
ABDILL: 7.0 (↓ 31' for #13 Julio)
RINNERT: 7.0 (↓ 1' for #24 Ringwald)
PONTI: 7.0 (↓ 8' for #29 Diminno)
--------------------------------------------
OGRODOWSKI: 7.0
RINGWALD: 7.0
PONTI: 7.0
ROLKE: 7.0
JULIO: 7.0
Geektopia 3-0 Beaverriver
Goals: 11' (#18 Germain Sophie | GEE | penalty), 41' (#31 Jonaya Yudhrstatil Qaqr | GEE | right-footed shot | assisted by #3 Autianna 'ardiquswaa), 61' (#31 Jonaya Yudhrstatil Qaqr | GEE | header | assisted by #24 Ringwald)

Player Ratings

LERTORA: 8.0
AUTIANNA 'ARDIQUSWAA: 8.5
GERMAIN SOPHIE: 8.0
LIVENGOOD: 8.0 (↓ 1' for #31 Jonaya Yudhrstaril Qaqr)
REBIMBAS: 8.0
JULIO: 8.0
GERMAINE SOPHIE: 8.9
GERKING: 8.0 (↓ 1' for #19 Thorud)
PONTI: 8.0 (↓ 1' for #24 Ringwald)
RINNERT: 8.0 (↓ 6' for #29 Diminno)
ROLKE: 8.0 (↓ 13' for #7 Rolke)
--------------------------------------------
JONAYA YUDHRSTARIL QAQR: 10.0
THORUD: 8.0
RINGWALD: 8.5
DIMINNO: 8.0
ROLKE: 8.0
------------------------------
FACTBOOKS
Kings: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1198022
Language: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=gee ... id=1288251
Rugby: Rugby Sevens Bowl (2nd), Rugby World Cup 28 (R16)
Assoc. Football: CoH 77 (2nd), Di Bradini Cup 48 (Ro16), World Cup 86 (Qualifying), CoH 78 (Group Stage), World Cup 87 (Ro16), World Cup 88 (Qualifying), Di Bradini Cup 50 (Group Stage), The National in Xanneria (1st), World Cup 89 (Qualifying), CoH 81 (Ro16), World Cup 90 (Qualifying), CoH 82 (Group Stage)
Lacrosse: World Championships 28 (Group Stage), World Championships 33 (Group Stage), World Championships 34 (Group Stage)
Kosovo is Kosovo and they play pretty good football to boot :)

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 am

Football historians as well as avid fans of the game in the Empire have known for quite awhile now that the best producer of the next generation of talent for both club and country comes from the famous Night Academy of Raynor City. While technically not affiliated with any singular club, Night Academy has a long standing tradition of its best prospects often finding their way into the Raynor City United youth teams eventually the first teams. A modern example of this is Samira Lindström, a young centerback who looks to have loads of potential and will likely be in contention for the national team in a few years. At eighteen, she still has some room to grow, but already she has forced herself to be in United's first team, even if most of her playing time is with the reserve team. She attended the Night Academy for four years, between ages twelve and sixteen, before being signed on to a youth contract by the Rockers, having seen that high amount of potential that the young lady has and looking to develop her into the very best player that she can be. She is but one of many examples throughout history of those highly promising prospects moving from the Academy to United, something that does not seem to have indication that it might end soon.

This begs the question though, why is the institution called the Night Academy, instead of something more elven or has not become the official academy of Raynor City United? To answer this question, we must go very deep into the history of football within the Empire, to a time before the concept of the Eternal Empire had been born, before the mainland had been completely occupied by the elven population, back before the official forming of Valanora. The trip into the history is soo deep, it predates a time of even when the Marauders first entered into the World Cup, and instead had been part of three invitational tournaments hosted by the region of The YoungWorld. These tournaments were hosted in the long since functioning nation of Assegai Developments, a nation some might remember were briefly member states of the Eternal Empire before their complete collapse, and surprisingly the first recorded entries of the Marauders into any international tournaments of any kind. Even more surprising then should come the news that the Marauders won their first and third tournament, defeating the hosts on both occasions.

Why do these long forgotten tournaments matter to how an academy in the modern day got its name or how it functions as the de facto academy for the biggest club within the Empire? That is because of who the star striker of those teams were, a young lass from Raynor City by the name of Kyla Night. At five foot nine, she was anything but diminutive but yet she still found a way to find space between defenders and get in behind them with a clinical touch that very much mirrors that of Harlem Saxstrom in the modern times. However you can not mention Kyla without mentioning her national team teammate and eventual husband, Zacharius, who was the attacking midfielder for the Marauders before the emergence of Laborious Hawk. It was Zacharius who played for the Raynor City Rockers, as United was known back in those long forgotten days, and it was he who saw the advantage of having developmental clubs to foster the next generation of talent for the nation, as it began to enter the World Cup. Kyla, with the fortunes she had made in her own club career, agreed and thus the pair founded the Night Academy in Raynor City.

Over a century later, that Academy stands as a beacon of pride as well as hope, hope that if you can put in the effort to be accepted within its walls that you can make it to the big time. The Nights poured their money as well as a lot of personal effort into helping build up the Academy, making sure it had up to the date facilities as well as good instructors to teach the students there appropriate life skills. The truth is that not everyone can make it as a professional footballer and sometimes things do not work out either because an absence or talent or through some injury or sheer bad luck. Kyla wanted to make sure that the students at the academy were also getting a proper education that if the worst did come to pass that the students had a way forward still in their lives. However the success rate of the students at the Academy becoming professional footballers is over ninety percent, with many foreign clubs also trying to gain the signatures of the graduates on top of the domestic clubs. That foresight by the Nights has enabled Vanorian prospects to remain high, even after the departure of most of the elves, and their Academy looks to ever remain that beacon of hope well worth having their name attached to it.
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Nyowani Kitara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nyowani Kitara » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:38 am

Malik Akongo, sitting in his office

Malik Akongo had just left what was functionally a war council. The KFF, with him at its head and as its public face, has had some momentum, especially internationally. They seemed to be the most popular option among foreign governments, as people stayed away from the DFLK, and the KPWC proved to be its normal, unpopular self. Of course, Ren Qiang would stay loyal to his sister, who was young and impressionable- and Gustav Isaksson alongside her.

The fighting on the battlefield had gone well also. There was popular support for the KFF in many of the majority ethnic Kitaran areas of the country, and pockets of KFF support had sprung up from along the country's eastern border, as well as the movement taking their current movement and moving north alongside the coast. The KFF understood that they needed to keep up the momentum.

But in addition to keeping up the momentum both on and off the battlefield, they needed the international support- all that they could get. And the support was pouring in. Particularly, from Juvencus. The Holy Pomen Emperor had written Malik Akongo a letter, offering his support, particularly military support, for the Kitara Freedom Front. This, of course, was a God send.

The KFF was confident about their ability to establish popular support. But could they outlast the KPWC on their own if it turned into a war of attrition? They didn't think so. And Darmeni support came with the condition of working with the DFLK, which nobody wanted to do in the KFF. They wanted to restore their identity as Kitarans and live in a freely functioning democracy, not work with, in the words of Malik, "those mother f*@(@rs in the north." And with that, Malik Akongo wrote back to the Holy Emperor, hoping for a positive response.

To; His Holy Majesty, Holy Pomen Emperor Nicola II of Juvencus
Classification: FOR INTENDED EYES ONLY

Your Most Holy Majesty,

I, on behalf of the people of Nyowani Kitara, represented through the KFF, welcome your letter and public statements of support with great interest and joy. The tyrannical government of my sister, and formerly of my Father and great Uncle, is a government that must fall. Totalitarian Communism is a scourge upon our people and upon this nation. Fortunately, it has slowly fallen in this part of Rushmore, with Tikariot and Græntfjall nations who have liberated themselves from one party states, and Yuezhou a much more recent example of a nation who has done so.

It is far past time for freedom to be brought back to Nyowani Kitara. My sister is not fit to rule. She is only 19 years old- and she, although educated abroad, simply wants to follow in the footsteps of my father. Continue to rule through fear. Rule for her own benefit, rather than those of the people. The Kitara Freedom Front will gladly accept whatever help Juvencus can offer- training, funs, weaponry, even men. Once our struggle triumphs, the people of Nyowani Kitara, a reborn Nyowani Kitara, will greatly remember who our friends are in these dark and troubled times.

Malik Akongo
Commander of the Kitara Freedom Front

To: President Rademacher of the Republic of Darmen
Classification: Letter Released to the General Public

Mr. President, I'd like to thank you personally for declaring your public support for the Kitara Freedom Front. Your nation's support means a lot to the people of Nyowani Kitara throughout these troubled times. We wage a war against an impressively tyrannical government, led unfortunately by my own little sister, Nafuna Akongo. A Nyowani Kitara led by the Kitara Freedom Front will be a Nyowani Kitara that is a better and more viable international partner to all.

We cannot do this effort alone. We ask for your support- diplomatically, and financial wise, in our effort to overthrow the illegitimate government of the Kitara Progressive Worker's Coalition.

From,

Malik Akongo
Commander of the Kitara Freedom Front

Him and his advisors wanted to make a game-changing intervention. He wasn't sure how much Juvencus could help- out in Sonnel, of course, they were incredibly far away. But there were a few nations that, if they were onside, they could tilt the tide of this civil war so the KPWC doesn't remain entrenched. One, of course, was Banija. The KFF figured they had to be the most popular option in Banija for obvious reasons, but there had not been any official contact between themselves and the KFF.

The other two, were traditional Rushmori powers. Nephara and Eura. Malik and his advisors were unclear how those nations would operate. Independent paths from each other, most likely. But which faction were either likely to support? The KFF couldn't game that out from public statements from either government. But neither government was Communist, right?

And then, Malik Akongo hatched a plan. Get one of his top lieutenants to go abroad. Secretly send contact, and propose a meeting with the Banijans. Time would be of the essence, however. If this war dragged into a long stalemate, well- it would certainly be a challenge for the KFF to hold out. Meanwhile, his public relations team would focus on amplifying their social media presence in both Nephara and Eura. If they didn't have enough of a read on the situation to contact either regional power, they could at least garner sympathy in the eyes of the populace...

Nafuna Akongo at a war council in Dewayo at the Presidential Palace

"Mother fucker." Gustav Isaksson whispered to himself as KRF leadership gave an update on the situation. It wasn't pretty. The KPWC still obviously controlled the majority of Nyowani Kitara's territory, but they had suffered some damning defeats in both the north and south of the country. Particularly in the north, the forces pinned against the Græntfjall border had collapsed, ensuring the largest surrender so far of the Civil War. The DFLK, unlike the KFF, was much more set up like an actual military- so the soldiers who surrendered in the north were not simply shot or let go, but actually throw into prison as prisoners of war.

They had lost some territory in the south, and a KFF offshoot out east had taken some territory along Nyowani Kitara's eastern border. Nobody was all that close to Dewayo- but it was a situation that was going south fast. "You know how these types of wars go." Said an Admiral. "If the momentum shifts, just like in a sports game even, then things can get worse. There are possibilities of defections. More rebels in random towns getting ideas of rebelling. Independent actors. Foreign groups working together to back what they think will be the 'winning cause'."

"We cannot let this get worse. This is a code red situation." Nafuna Akongo said. Now, it wasn't actually code red- they weren't to Dewayo, and neither side seemed close. But it wasn't clear how far the KPWC would have to retreat. And plus, the KPWC were disadvantaged by functionally fighting a two front war. There was no ability to focus forces in one part of the country to go for a knockout punch. "We need help. And we need help quickly. We no longer control the border with Græntfjall. We are soon going to lose all of our northern borders. And let alone the KFF- why are so many nations flocking towards my traitorous brother?"

There was nothing that pissed her off like the subject of Malik Akongo. She took the betrayal extremely personally. "I would like nothing more than for my brother to be wiped off the face of this Earth." If her face was capable of getting red with anger, it would probably look like a tomato right now. "But." She said, calming herself down. "We have a war to win. IF we win this war, then my brother will pay for his crimes- and he will get the same fate as all the tratiors of the DFLK, as General Lidstrom."

"Somebody, put me on the phone with Xilindao and pronto." Her Foreign Minister ran out of the room, as he made his calls, trying to schedule one with Ren Qiang. After 30 minutes, the Foreign Minister came back into the room and said that she would have the call in an hour. They all spent the lone hour in that room, preparing.

"Ren Qiang." President Nafuna Akongo said, as she spoke into the conference room phone. "I'm here with my war council. It is a pleasure to speak with you."

"My condolences, once again, at the loss of your Father." Ren Qiang said. "He was a great man."

"Thank you, General." They continued to exchange pleasantries. "But I want to be quick and efficient- I must make an ask of you. My Father emphasized to me throughout his life, that you were one of the few people that he could trust. That you would be on the side of this family, on the side of the people of Nyowani Kitara, against the foreign funded traitors of the DFLK, or my own brother, who would betray his own family in his lust for power. The relationship between yourself and my Father went way back, and although my Father has moved on to the next life, I call upon your friendship with my Father, and the promises you made to him and to me when he was alive."

She gulped, and then continued. "You have obviously seen the situation ongoing in Nyowani Kitara. It is unfortunate, these rebel movements come with quite a bit of strength. With two separate rebel movements, we are fighting a war on two different fronts. We know the unique dangers facing Nyowani Kitara if this civil war continues to devolve. I am sure you have seen the news reports. Divisions on ethnic lines, that would inevitably lead to one of the bloodiest and most brutal civil wars of the modern era. And the KPWC would be the first casualty, and this bastion of friendship between our peoples would surely sink to the ground.

I ask you plainly- can you help us in this struggle? We understand your situation. But do you have men to spare? We fear not only the rebels, but their ability to attract foreign support. We are surrounded by enemies. And there are major Rushmori powers that would love to take this nation apart for themselves. Can you help my Government unify Nyowani Kitara once more?" Nafuna Akongo waited, with baited breath, for his reply.

Mayor Max Ulf, sitting in the Mayoral Office in Port Viljan

"Yes." Max Ulf pounded the table when he was told of the KRF's surrender on this peninsula of Nyowani Kitara. That meant that his part of the country had, at the very minimum, the smallest buffer from which to defend themselves against the KPWC. They figured that none of Nyowani Kitara's neighbors would intervene into the war in favor of the Kitara Progressive Worker's Coalition.

"Mr. Mayor, you have a visitor. From the Foreign Office." And Mayor Ulf knew who it was. The DFLK had set up a central 'foreign office', based in Háttmark, which was the capitol city of Græntfjall. They had bet a lot on gaining quick recognition from NYK's neighbors, including and especially Græntfjall. But this, at least for the moment, was not flying. Still- the office in Háttmark had been a success. The DFLK was able to prove itself as a legitimate fighting force, thanks to this office. Not because there was official recognition coming from the actual government there. But the DFLK had the ability to work with various right-wing groups in the country, who helped funnel money and weapons to the DFLK, money and weapons they did not have access to on their own.

"Mr. Mayor." The visitor said. "It's great to see you again." Johan Berg told him.

"It's great to see you as well." Said Mayor Max Ulf. "What brings you down from Háttmark?"

"Max, I think you and I both know- we have a perception problem." Mayor Ulf simply stared, and then he cotninued. "For whatever reason, we are struggling in our ability to get international recognition. We were hoping, of course, for quick recognition from the White Winter Queendom, and we could use that to rally support through the subregion. But that isn't happening. Although, of course- the people of the White Winter Queendom have proven very supportive of our cause." They nodded, both acknowledging the financial and material support they knew their movement received north of the border.

"You're right. We need to change tact. But what do we do?" Said the Mayor.

"I think we need to write to these people directly." Johan Berg. "Do so publicly. Can they really trust the brother of the former President to not act just like the former President?" They thought about it, and they worked together on a new strategy. It was simple. Get on TV, get in front of the public- and ask these surrounding governments to recognize the DFLK.

"We also need to increase our support among ethnic Kitarans." Johan Berg said. "Our forces, our public faces- all painfully white. It is good that we get support from Osterlander and Nordlander communities- but how do we get support from beyond that? How can the country accept us if we can't figure that out?"

It was a question that would have to be answered by the DFLK eventually. One that could damn their movement. Many thought that once the DFLK moved south, to areas of the country with a higher ethnic Kitaran population, they could get that support. It was a theory that had not been tested yet. But it was the question that could make or break their reach for successs. But it was a question that would not be answered today- as the PR game would be the focus for now. The DFLK was having success militarily- but could they get that coveted international support that would raise their ceiling?

(OOC Note: Credit to Astograth for making the Rushmori map, as I simply cropped off of there)
Map Legend
Red- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the Central Government
Pink- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the DFLK
Dark Green- Nyowani Kitara territory Controlled by the KFF
Purple- Tikariot
Dark Blue- Græntfjall
Orange- Weatherdon
Dark Yellow- San Ortelio
Light Yellow- The Kytler Peninsulae
Last edited by Nyowani Kitara on Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English pronunciation- "New Chee-tar-ah"

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:39 am

Ardelark face a storming Bollonich, Vajlahrys get lucky

We were on the road following our disappointing draw against Britonesia, we had to stop dropping points which we could easily prevent. But we had done so once again, and now going to face Vajhalrys we couldn’t do the same. We simply couldn’t afford it. We were travelling to an unknown nation who had been taking part so far in the Qualifiers with a completely unknown squad. What was even more surprising about them was that their team had already played in Bollonich in front of Bollonischians in the Baptism of Fire. Being ranked around 200 ranks more than them we were the favourites to win this encounter and we had to do so to remain competitive in our unlikely attempt for a chance at qualifying.
We started the away match with a rotated line up with lots of important players getting rests before our ever important games against Juvencus and Omerica. Law, Douglas, Wheelock and Hayes were all part of the starting lineup. This match was going to be one where these youngsters would have to prove their worth. Coming into the match vice captain Lindsey was the player speaking to the media, and he said,“Today is a huge opportunity for the youngsters rising through the ranks in the Di Bradini Cup and other youth competitions. We are in a pretty good position right now, with a shot at qualifying but it’s important that we maximise points earned right now. We got off to a banging start as it were the young players who were eager to show their worth. And it didn’t take long for the first goal to come. It was in the 21st minute when newly made vice captain Lindsey was bombing down the flanks. After making a good distance he played the ball into Wheelock’s pass who with the utmost calmness lobbed it over the opposition defense straight into the fight of Hayes, and that was the lead for us. We quickly doubled down on our one goal lead making it a two goal lead as it was Hayes once again who got onto the scoresheet following a brilliant run of play. Vishwa who won the ball played it forward to Law who was in a strategic position of the field keeping most of his options open. The ball quickly found it’s way to the young striker playing in Mertagne as he comfortably put it in the back of the net in similar fashion to his first goal. The pressure was now firmly on Vajlahrys as we were running away with the match. They tried to get back into with a goal but it was to no avail. This goal scored towards the end of the first half would be rendered almost worthless from a purely scoring perspective as Hayes got on the scoresheet once again making it a hat-trick from him. This had been an almost perfect performance from our players. There was no way we’d muck this up right? Wrong!!
The last 20 minutes of the second half was a completely different story. It told the story of a fabulous comeback from Vajlahrys. The events that led to the comeback are debatable as it was Goodman who got sent off in the 69th minute. This was in reaction to a supposed foul committed on a Vajlahrys striker in the penalty area resulting in us not only going a man down but also giving Vajlahrys a golden opportunity to get in striking distance of us. And that’s exactly what they did. Getting in striking distance of us not only gave them confidence but also slightly shocked our young team who had been comfortably dominating upto this point. The impact on wrong decision, one moment had on the game was huge. The complexion of the game changed as Vajlahrys’s players got that elusive equalising goal they had been on the hunt of since we scored our first.
The score was not representative of the performances put up by both teams. We had been much better than Vajlahrys by a mile but alas, the sport of football is such that one mistake can upend thousand good plays. Which is what makes the sport interesting and worth watching. We bounced back strongly defeating Ardelark 5-0 at home as they were prey to a classic Bollonischian thrashing. Going into our next two encounters against Omerica and Juvencus we cannot afford any sort of mistakes or errors as points against them will be hard to come by.
Meh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports