NATION

PASSWORD

What Are The "Naughty Words" That Stop Factbook Posts?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

What Are The "Naughty Words" That Stop Factbook Posts?

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:36 pm

Currently having issues with NS blocking my factbook from being posted due to "naughty words", and it won't tell me where these are in my factbook (which is very long). Is there a list I can use to search for the individual offending words?

And why is this same system not applied to forum posts?
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thers Boa
Civilian

Founded: Aug 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Thers Boa » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm

I had to change my a number in my conlang (Shitýri) to Sitýri when it said I couldn’t post it. It made me very irritated.

Helliniki Katastasis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Helliniki Katastasis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Currently having issues with NS blocking my factbook from being posted due to "naughty words", and it won't tell me where these are in my factbook (which is very long). Is there a list I can use to search for the individual offending words?

As for the forum bit, it's because the forum is exclusively 13+
Center-Right New Yorker, Glenn Youngkin 2024
America the Beautiful Political RP Characters -
Governor Mick Doherty (D-NY)

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Helliniki Katastasis wrote:
Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Currently having issues with NS blocking my factbook from being posted due to "naughty words", and it won't tell me where these are in my factbook (which is very long). Is there a list I can use to search for the individual offending words?

As for the forum bit, it's because the forum is exclusively 13+

Fair point. Did not realize that was a rule.

Wormfodder Delivery
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wormfodder Delivery » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Would actually cool if it showed you which parts are the bad ones.
The finding of a word that has a naughty word in it is a pain in the buttocks
NS Stats do not count, unless it is funny.
The Transcripts canonically do not exist and merely serve to make the garbled Wormsspeak readable.
Canon Policies.
Open to RP, send me Telegrams, Pretty much compatible with everything.
Powerlevel of 4,5 according to this classification
Industrial Age Schizotech and Proud
Zero tolerance for godmodders and no effortposters are nearing that too.
The Wormfodder Delivery Service, bringing Wormfodder to you, whereever you are.
I also am currently making a pocket guide on how to have a good time on F7, as well one on (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.
Ask the many questions us here, though answers aren't guaranteed~
Get the latest, hottest news at WDSNN, the best News source of the next dimension!
It is now safe to keep playing.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:47 pm

Anyone from Moderation gonna give a solid answer to this post, or am I just screwed?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:40 pm

You're just screwed, I guess. That list is buried in the code. We don't have a copy.

I'd think most of them are going to be pretty obvious: the sexual terms, some of the scatological, most of the anatomical (actual and slang), derogatory racial slurs, and so on. I'm pretty sure the filters don't look for whole words, but rather for significant fragments: f*ck, n*gg, d*ck, etc. It probably doesn't include the milder ones, like hell, damn, bitch, ass, poop, etc. If a kindergartner uses it and giggles, it's probably not blocked.

Kors
Envoy

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kors » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:55 pm

I once got a factbook fail to upload because the middle of the img link (where random letters were) had a swear word in it. I had to reupload the image to Google keep.
Hello. I'm Kors. Welcome to my sig.It's a normal sig, a completely ordinary sig, an indifferent sig. You won't find anything different in this sig. MY LEADER AND MILITARY ARE IN MY OVERVIEW FACTBOOK!!!!!!!
If any post is written about you, unless it is not relating to you or of very low effort, you do NOT have the right to /stillme anybody. This is ridiculous.
news
Planned obsolescence banned in Kors : Several unknown satellites crash land into highest mountain in Iceland : Korsian welfare programs cut spending by 50% : Terrorist attacks on the Korsian governmental building result in the enaction of the emergency measures act : Carbon monoxide threat in southern Kors due to wildfires : Giant potato rolls off and chases farmer off mountain into the city, crushing and mortally injuring 3

Omnicontrol
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Omnicontrol » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:15 am

Kors wrote:I once got a factbook fail to upload because the middle of the img link (where random letters were) had a swear word in it. I had to reupload the image to Google keep.

The same vibe as when I had a RMB post fail to upload because it contained a link to a website that had the word "shitpost" in its name.
the sun is a deadly laser
United Calanworie wrote:It only is "absent" in F7 because nobody previews their posts because they're trying to move at the speed of mach fuck to not get ninjd.

Reventus Koth wrote:you're right guys my bad the next time i write a treaty i'll make sure to leave the possibility of raiding the other signatory on the table

Mlakhavia wrote:TCB arent fascists, we are simply the People
the People have a Stick
We use it to Whack piddly rightist frontiers

United Calanworie wrote:Us mods don't do shit.

[violet] wrote:lol

United Calanworie wrote:what in tarnation

Wormfodder Delivery
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wormfodder Delivery » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:51 am

The word shit is one that the censorbot dislikes.
Really messed with me when I wanted to name a character shitai.
NS Stats do not count, unless it is funny.
The Transcripts canonically do not exist and merely serve to make the garbled Wormsspeak readable.
Canon Policies.
Open to RP, send me Telegrams, Pretty much compatible with everything.
Powerlevel of 4,5 according to this classification
Industrial Age Schizotech and Proud
Zero tolerance for godmodders and no effortposters are nearing that too.
The Wormfodder Delivery Service, bringing Wormfodder to you, whereever you are.
I also am currently making a pocket guide on how to have a good time on F7, as well one on (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.
Ask the many questions us here, though answers aren't guaranteed~
Get the latest, hottest news at WDSNN, the best News source of the next dimension!
It is now safe to keep playing.

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 pm

I’m sure everyone has caught on to the cause by now, but I figured I’d tell you all that the Scunthorpe problem is caused by censorship software not being able to contextualize substrings of words. The only solutions currently are whitelisting certain words, turning off the censorship program, or removing them from the blacklist. All I can advise is using Ctrl+F and running down a list of naughty words you know, and from there, either use a different word or change the spelling (i.e. “shitake mushroom” -> “shiitake mushroom”). It would be easier though if the mods were to change it somehow so swear words and their false positives get highlighted or something in a preview when you try to post.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Kashimura wrote:if the mods were to change it somehow so swear words and their false positives get highlighted

Admins, not mods. Mods don't have that level of control.

Not going to happen on the current forum software either (we're not doing any more patching on it), but maybe it could be on the wishlist for our hopefully new forum software if and when.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:30 pm

What about gore words? Is something like "decapitation" or "bludgeoning" words that could trigger the bot? Sex is mentioned several times in the factbook, but only as parts of words like "sexuality" and "homosexual".

Twertis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Twertis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:18 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:What about gore words? Is something like "decapitation" or "bludgeoning" words that could trigger the bot? Sex is mentioned several times in the factbook, but only as parts of words like "sexuality" and "homosexual".

This is silly. Just try it out yourself.

Honestly, I don’t know what you’re looking for in this thread. Do you want a list of really bad swear words? Because as Fris said, those are the things you can’t say in fact books.

And the check seems to be very simple. I doubt it will look for sub strings (rather than just searching the words), as in that case you do run into Scunthorpe problems.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical