NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of Terra Alterna

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
United Arab Confederation
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Embassy of Terra Alterna

Postby United Arab Confederation » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Hello NationStates!

If realistic modern-tech era roleplay, set within an alternate timeline, interests you, then Terra Alterna is waiting for you to join!

We began with our roleplay a little bit more than a month ago, meaning there is still a lot of potential to be untapped and interesting nation-building stories to be told.

Become a part of this newly formed region today and get to know other players which also seek to build a fun, safe and vibrant community in our Regional Discord Server. The current interim government will organize its first round of elections once the region has reached its first 15 accepted members!

Engage in international diplomacy through the World Forum. Develop your nation's infrastructure and its economy through government projects. Or prepare for conflict by improving your forces and gathering intel.
The fate of your country is yours to choose!

We'll happily welcome all those who wish to contribute and join their efforts to create an awesome, entertaining and most of all, active, roleplaying environment.
Link to Terra Alterna's Table of Contents

Thank you for your time :)
(Further updates will be provided as necessary.)
Last edited by United Arab Confederation on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby United Arab Confederation » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:31 am

About to start with our second RP year, the last update of the regional map of Terra Alterna currently depicts our first 10 members!! (The cartographer position is still vacant ;) )

You can check it out in the following link: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ter ... id=1539639

Europe is the most populated place with 4 countries: Karadex (RL UK), the French Empire, East Germany and the Papal States.

Asia follows with the claim of your messenger here, located in the Levant. Somewhat closely located, on the shores of the Black Sea, is the nation of Yaamitan. And on the other side of the continent, Malaya currently occupies the end of the Malay peninsula.

Finally, South America, Africa and Oceania each only have 1 nation so far: Argentina, Algeria and Australasia respectively.

As you can see, there are a lot of places still available for you to write the history of a new country!
So if you're interested or have any questions, you're more than welcome to send a telegram to this account or join the Regional Discord Server of Terra Alterna. Until the next update!

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 am

I hate to be a downer, but I moved an alt there, and despite doing regional RP before, was confused on all the rules and the sign-up thing and all of that. I think you should simplify it and maybe not have a sign-up process. It'd be easier for most players then, especially since it's not the forums.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby United Arab Confederation » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:35 am

Untecna wrote:I hate to be a downer, but I moved an alt there, and despite doing regional RP before, was confused on all the rules and the sign-up thing and all of that. I think you should simplify it and maybe not have a sign-up process. It'd be easier for most players then, especially since it's not the forums.

Speaking personally too, all the rules currently in place have a purpose - based not only on my own experience but that of other people that have helped me in setting everything up as well -.

With a bit of luck, those same rules will help to keep things stable in the long-term and to avoid problems that we have seen elsewhere on NS and are very detrimental to the development of a good, friendly RPing community. It has its pros and cons, like everything. But for starting from nearly scratch, I just think it might not be that bad and the benefits in the long run outweigh some of the more tedious or confusing short-term aspects.

If you ever decide on paying us another visit and giving the application process another go, I can assure you that I'll be there to answer all questions you might have. Good luck and thanks for commenting!
Last edited by United Arab Confederation on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 am

United Arab Confederation wrote:
Untecna wrote:I hate to be a downer, but I moved an alt there, and despite doing regional RP before, was confused on all the rules and the sign-up thing and all of that. I think you should simplify it and maybe not have a sign-up process. It'd be easier for most players then, especially since it's not the forums.

Speaking personally too, all the rules currently in place have a purpose - based not only on my own experience but that of other people that have helped me in setting everything up as well -.

With a bit of luck, those same rules will help to keep things stable in the long-term and to avoid problems that we have seen elsewhere on NS and are very detrimental to the development of a good, friendly RPing community. It has its pros and cons, like everything. But for starting from nearly scratch, I just think it might not be that bad and the benefits in the long run outweigh some of the more tedious or confusing short-term aspects.

If you ever decide on paying us another visit and giving the application process another go, I can assure you that I'll be there to answer all questions you might have. Good luck and thanks for commenting!

I'm going to stop you right there. First off, I don't plan on going back to an RP region with so much red tape in the way of RP that it becomes almost impossible to fathom RP. Sorry if that sounds rude.

Second, speaking from a personal level, trust me, I know what somewhat running a RP region feels like; I was the Prime Minister in Institute of Cellulose. I know that it may seem like things need to be strict to keep RP strong, but that isn't true. Just have some general rules on what you can and can't do, and have, say, getting a claim mapped as the entrance into RP. It will still be strong, but new folks to the region would be more willing to join then, when it is easier for them to understand and get into RP.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:46 am

Institute of Cellulose is not really a good example of a good RP.

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 am

Speaking as an RPer with years of experience....What on Terra are these rules? No wonder there's a lack of recruits.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby United Arab Confederation » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:51 am

Mestovakia wrote:Speaking as an RPer with years of experience....What on Terra are these rules? No wonder there's a lack of recruits.

Just an attempt to keep to things balanced between realism and fair RP among players. It's not perfect and clearly not for anyone, I know, but it's the best effort I and others could muster in trying to achieve said balance.

Thinking long term, I guess time and the people that choose to join will tell if changes (and which ones in that case) need to be made. We're a little bit more than 1 month old after all. Who knows what the future will bring to the region :?:
Last edited by United Arab Confederation on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay