NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 89 - Roleplay Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sylestone » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Part One
Part Two

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR SENTIENT

Part Three

Avondale, Sylestone

”Oh, you stupid, stupid boy”, said Brett’s father, cradling his son in his arms. Despite the occasional squirm from the young boy, though, he was relatively peaceful, with tears running down his face.

“I just want to go to Kirkham”, was the response. “Can we pwease go to Kirkham?”

“I really do not know. I’ll have to see and it probably won’t happen for a while. But one day, I promise you, we will go.”

Brett sighed and his father knew it was better than a flat-out no.

But it was enough to not get him to run away from home again. That night, lying on his bed, he decided. The traumatising experience of living out on the streets, with no food and little water, was not something Brett wanted to replicate. He would push, push and push ever harder to get to go, but in the end, that was all he would do.

Yet, it still did not stop the boy from getting teased and bullied about it at school. The very next day, the school bullies, Bob Kiccem, Jack Hoffman and Bummity Pupe, decided the seven-year-old would be a prime target.

The three big, broad-shouldered boys wandered purposefully up to Brett, sitting quietly on a plastic bench eating a peanut butter sandwich, simply minding his own business. Bob and Jack sat on either side of him to sandwich Brett in, while Bummity did most of the talking.

“So I heard you ran away from home to get to that shitty city of Sentients the other day”, said Bummity, shoving Brett in the shoulder in a bid to get him to turn around and look at the older boy.

Brett didn’t respond, looking blandly up at Bummity in defeat.

Bummity forged on, to the chortling of his comrades. “I really don’t get how anyone could be that stupid. No one wants to go to Kirkham. No one even cares about the Sentients. Yet you ran away from home to get there. Loser.”

Brett had had enough. Curling his hands into fists he stood up, Bummity, Bob and Jack goaded him on as Brett tore into the former. With no teachers present, there was nothing to stop Brett, hitting his torturer in the stomach over and over again, with a sort of attitude that was hardly ever present in Sylestonean schools, with the nation quite well-renowned for having surprisingly compliant youth. Then again, people like Jack, Bob and Bummity don’t exist in your everyday public school.

When Brett finished up, he was amazed to find Bummity still standing, looking down at him with a menacing gleam in his eye to the laughter of his cronies. When the young boy realised that he hadn’t done anything to harm the bully, he slunk back and sat back on the plastic seat with a bang, while Bummity advanced towards him.

“You’re an idiot, you know that? Just like those Sentient Objects you wanted to go see.”

And those were Bummity’s last words.

A whistle was heard from above as Bummity looked up and could only jump out of the way just in time, as a Washing Machine crashed into the asphalt right where he had been. If people hadn’t already noticed the ongoing commotion, now they did, with the crash splitting eardrums all over the school as people rushed to the scene. Bummity paled, grabbed his friends and ran out of school.

He would never be seen again amongst the grounds.

The Washing Machine looked around at the curious young faces and gave each of them a stern warning in a thick, Washing Machine-like accent.

“Don’t any of you ever insult the Sentient Objects of Kirkham. You now know what shall happen.”

And with that, it bobbled out of the school grounds and down the road.

The entire school was lost for words. What they had just witnessed was the first of its kind and something that would find itself etched into history books in years to come. It simply did not make any sense. How does a Sentient Object fall out of the sky and land right next to someone talking shit about them. Are they birds?

Once again, Brett’s father was playing around with spreadsheets in his office when he heard a knock on the door. Wondering what it may be, he opened the door and was surprised to see his boss there, looking surprisingly official.

“I have a favour to ask of you”, the boss said in a grovelling voice.

Brett’s father was surprised. “What do you want of me?”

“Well, it was a bit of a coincidence, really. Roughly the same time I read that your boy had run away from home to go to Kirkham, I got a phone call from the owner of this company itself, a single Solar Panel itself. It said that it wanted one of my employees down in Kirkham for Renewables Week next week to help advertise the brand. I figured that as you fitted all requirements, your son so desperately wanting to go to Kirkham and with school holidays in a couple of days time, you were the prime candidate. So what do you say?”

Brett’s father thought about it for a fair while, but the answer was an obvious one. There was only one way to make his son truly happy, and this was the perfect opportunity.

Taking a deep breath, he looked up at his boss and answered in the affirmative. Yes, he would go to Kirkham. Yes, he would meet the owner of SolarSylestone. Yes, Brett would be happy.

And that was the most important thing.

Sylestone vs Eura @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
Sylestone (4-1-3-1-1): Brick Wall; Ironing Board ( 13’) - Toilet - Washing Machine (Sofa 67’) - Drawer; Air Conditioner; Kitchen Sink (Stove 71’) - Bar Stool ( 63’) - Fridge; Mixer ( 41’) ; Tumble Dryer (AC Vent 78’)

Eura (5-3-2): Belgrave; Wheeler (Coffey 60’) - Coles ( 28’) - Wellington - Menard - Almwood (Woodman 60’); Matthews - Mullins - Vincent ( 81’); Walker - Atkinson (Tomlinson 66’)

SYLESTONE - 1
Stove 83’

EURA - 0
-no scorers-

Lathamford vs Sylestone @ Thousandforks National Arena
Lathamford (3-4-3): Greenash; Wolfsong - Skelmersdale (Decker 77’) - Haymoore ( 50’); Wymondham - du Graypelt (Ashleigh 73’) - Wyvernchaser - Colfield; Clawbrand (Falconderry 86’) - Kingsley - Farrowsteam

Sylestone (4-1-3-1-1 → 4-1-2-1-2): Table; Nokia - Toilet (Wok 65’) - Sofa - Dishwasher ( 29’); Television (Air Conditioner 49’); Stove - Knife (Heater 75’) - Fridge; Mixer; AC Vent

LATHAMFORD - 1
Wymondham 11’

SYLESTONE - 0
-no scorers-

Starting Lineup vs Srednjaci @ Sunlife Stadium, Halpenley
Brick Wall; Ironing Board - Sofa - Wok - Drawer; Television; Kitchen Sink - Bar Stool - Spiderwebs; Mixer; Tumble Dryer

Starting Lineup vs Agresos @ Unknown
Saucepan; Nokia - Washing Machine - Sofa - Dishwasher; Air Conditioner; Stove - Knife - Fridge; Heater; Tumble Dryer

Schedule:
MD1: Sylestone 1-0 Talamia @ Carson Stadium, Cleorough
MD2: Sylestone 1-0 Eura @ Chamberley Institute of Sport, Chamberley
MD3: Lathamford 1-0 Sylestone @ Thousandforks National Arena, Lathamford
MD4: Sylestone - Srednjaci @ Sunlife Stadium, Halpenley
MD5: Agresos - Sylestone @ Unknown
MD6: Sylestone - Melbergia @ The Bay Reserve, Betham
MD7: Chromatika - Sylestone @ Islander Dome, Myana
MD8: Sylestone - Darmen @ Avondale International Sports Stadium, Avondale
MD9: Schima Bas - Sylestone @ Unknown
MD10: Talamia - Sylestone @ Ebdemar Au'tokra Stadium, Clinepalas
MD11: Eura - Sylestone @ Bastion National Arena, Bastion
MD12: Sylestone - Lathamford @ Sentient Oval, Kirkham
MD13: Srednjaci - Sylestone @ Blue Volcano Stadium, Melarit
MD14: Sylestone - Agresos @ Ground of Dunkirk, Dunkirk
MD15: Melbergia - Sylestone @ Unknown
MD16: Sylestone - Chromatika @ The Trees, Pesfield
MD17: Darmen - Sylestone @ Unknown
MD18: Sylestone - Schima Bas @ Fiery Stadium, Dodle
Last edited by Sylestone on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Le Choix
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Le Choix » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:33 pm

Matchday 2: Britland 0–2 Le Choix
Goals: Gwenaël Cazenave '78, Aurélie Dior 90+1
Starting XI: Bennett; Morneau - Pleimelding - Bouthillier - Pueyrredón; Lacan - Leloup - Kaplan - Grant (C); Dior; Cazenave.
Reserves: Marchal -> Pueyrredón ('58), Rouzet -> Leloup ('66), Vasseur -> Grant ('80)
Matchday 3: Le Choix 1-0 Brenecia
Goal: Aurélie Dior '15
Starting XI: Bennett; Morneau - Pleimelding - Bouthillier - Pueyrredón; Lacan - Leloup - Kaplan - Grant (C); Dior; Cazenave.
Reserves: Dembélé -> Morneau ('68), Bureau -> Bouthillier ('79), Peletier -> Cazenave ('82)
Letters to Pellier, Part 2
To: Mon Amie

Dearest F,

We are starting to get somewhere. My Brother tells me he was contacted by someone and told that there is a way out of all this. He's adamant that it's not a fluke. Apparently, we need to trust this entity and let them do their thing in order for the plan to proceed.

After what's happened to you and G, everyone is on edge, especially AD and GC after their stints in Tumbra and Sylestone. We're all worried about what may come next on the whim of The Church, but at least the footballing is going well.

We've yet to concede a goal so far this cycle, I'd have you know. Morneau, Pleimelding, Bouthillier, and Pueyrredón have been brilliant, and the midfield is holding strong. We beat Brenecia, if you could believe that!

Honestly, I'm beyond worried and excited to see what my Brother has in store. I hear it has to do with... A Queen?

Stay strong,

M-F. B.
Theocratic Isolationist Dictatorship currently residing in Esportiva
Puppet of Chromatika

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:58 am

© Sporting Times Daily 2021
NT reach end of gauntlet first half
by Mindy Cartwright, National Soccer Editor

The Baker Park National Team welcome Flavovespia to President's Park for matchday 4 of World Cup Qualifying knowing that this pair of matches will mark the end of the upper half of Group 17--save for Jeruselem--in this first round of fixtures.

The sides met in a home/away group stage during AOCAF 62, with the Commonwealth winning both legs--4-1 away and 6-4 at the BBP Stadium--but now meet on opposite sides of the Foxchester divide; the match will pit Bees versus Hornets but the FAC have announced that the home side will opt for the 'Ghost Whites' rather than the declared away kit with gold sleeves and shoulders. President's Park will host the National Team for the 44th time in history although the atmosphere should be be much less politically charged than the last match held there in WCQ 88 against Legalese.

The visitors sit just a point behind in the Group 17 table, as no team has failed to earn at least point so far, so this will be an important doubleheader against the 55th ranked side, followed by an away fixture to Sajnur, who are 83rd in the KPB.

Sajnur are one of four sides sitting on 4 points currently, with BP making their fourth visit to the nation, although it's been since before World Cup 84 that the sides faced off; there is usually less worry about away fixtures, as the Commonwealth have won or drawn 64 of 74 fixtures played in qualifying away from the Commonwealth.

lineup vs Flavovespia:
Johnston: O'Connell, Onikambe, Freeman; Grimaldi, Vuckovic, Stone, Ngoba; McDavid: Engels, Simmons (C)
bench: McCormack, Bruce, Wiseman, Delgarro, Buxton, Garvey, Gibson

lineup vs Sajnur:
Vickers; S Knight, Wiseman, Harrison; Delgarro, Buxton, Nolan, Aguillar; D'Amico; Wadsworth (C), Garvey
bench: McCormack, Rasanamira, Bruce, Porter, Milton, Gibson, Moorman
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:25 am

Brenecia 3 - 0 Garifunya
(4-3-3) 1 - Wright; 2 - Bravender, 5 - Leadbetter, 6 - Giltanan, 3 - Roscommon (22 - Seeler 71'); 8 - Caitiff (23 - Conway 62'), 4 - Schofield, 13 - Garrard; 7 - Carpenter (15 - Fife 71'), 9 - White, 16 - Russell
Goals: White 21', Russell 56', Conway 79'

Le Choix 1 - 0 Brenecia
(4-3-3) 1 - Wright; 2 - Bravender, 5 - Leadbetter, 6 - Giltanan, 3 - Roscommon; 8 - Caitiff (11 - Brind 76'), 4 - Schofield, 13 - Garrard; 7 - Carpenter, 9 - White (21 - Lyrick 65'), 16 - Russell (10 - Byrne 70')

The situation had changed.
Brenecia, a year ago, was a nation reeling from internal strife, struggling to pick up the pieces of a brush with authoritarianism. And then, a farmer, Gerrard Moore, father to an idiot daughter and a worthless son, looked into the depths off the northwestern shore and... saw something.
Alnwick Glade was an irrelevant shithole in the middle of nowhere. Other small towns had benefited from shrewd locals trying to work with the new economy, or the country managing to painstakingly restore trade deals - the dry drudgery of getting, say, the Licentian Isles to commit to three years of sausage-grade backup meat at a mutually acceptable price, which could somehow prove the lifeline to a shitheap like Lastcreek, and Brenecia was all shitheaps like Lastcreek - or in some cases the absolute jackpot of 'Eura wants to use your sovereign nation as a glorified aircraft carrier'. Thus, Fiana Cove became relevant.
Alnwick Glade had missed all that. No strategic location, no industry worth propping up, nothing of value save the dozens of thousands unfortunate enough to live there.
Until that one bloody fishing trip...
By the time the government had got wind of it, the paperwork was already signed and sealed, a small private army of 'security contractors' scraped together just in time to discourage curiosity, and Alnwick Glade had its own local industry that now made up a disproportionate share of Brenecia's GDP, funnelling as little of it into Brenecia as possible.
Two days later, Prime Minister Brigid Locke gloomily watched a televised interview with Alnwick's representative, a shaved bear in an ill-fitting suit called Keitha Hannon. Hannon was an independent, once of the Conservative Peoples' Party, but now the kind of colourful local figure who kept being re-elected for being a colourful local figure. And she just loved that camera in her face...
"... say in response to the allegations the Prime Minister has made, that the foundation of the new excavation cuts out and essentially steals from the Brenecian nation?"
"Well I'd say, sir, that every Brenecian's got to have the chance to earn an honest crust. You know, and Locke's entitled to her opinion but I'd say, we've got a society of go-getters and entrepreneurs--"
Locke snorted. "Bitch." She was polished and professional on-camera, and spent most of her life off it resenting those who did not hold themselves to such standards.
"The question then must be," hazarded the interviewer, "how Moore has found, uh, such ... willingness, from the local branch of politics, to so quickly put him at the heart of this operation. To legitimise it. Could we have some insight, please, as to the process behind this company's formation?"
Hannon grinned. "Well, I'd say it's a fairly well-known-- an open secret really that I do like a bribe--"
"Was that a wink?" Locke said incredulous as she leaned forward, nearly spilling crisps on the floor of the ministerial office. "Did she just fucking wink?"
"Uhm," said her aide, known for her loyalty more than her conversational skills.
"Fucking robber barons. They don't even have a proper company!"
"Actually, ma'am, they have just now trademarked the name, 'the Ancient and Honoured Order of Legitimate Excavators'."
Locke gave her a long stare.
"Because they're digging A-HOLE," the Prime Minister's aide clarified. "You see?"
"Sure, that's one takeaway," Brigid Locke had muttered. "Right then. Send in the fucking legions."
Two minutes later, she realised her faithful aide was gone, and broke into a dead sprint after her.

The novelty of a thin joke wore through quickly, and before long it was simply known as the Alnwick Excavation.
The year passed by. It was a bland, grey year in Brenecia. Locke was gearing up to her second election essentially on the line of 'we haven't burned down the country, unlike the CPP, who very recently did'; she just needed things to keep ticking over, keep very slowly getting better. Amidst the peace, Moore's A-HOLE was pretty much the final thorn in her side.
So when her aide came in, clutching the papers and a worried expression, there was little doubt the cause. Locke immediately made a disgusted sound from deep in the chasm of her throat. "Fuck's sake. What're the Ancient Respected Spelunking Expedition up to now?"
"Er. It's not what they're up to, but, uhm." The aide handed over the papers.

Nephara wrote:
THE HERALD
FURY AS NFA AND WCC SLING BLAME OVER FATAL 'LOBSTER FORFEIT'
Brunnya Hornek Football Correspondent

... Regardless of motive, four lobsters that had once been fresh were procured and cooked for Moore, accompanied by three prawn cocktails and a bottle of red wine - these having been part of the initial catering package. While initially hale, Moore fell ill some forty minutes before kick-off and was borne down to an ambulance, taken towards hospital ... The match was called off shortly afterwards, with Moore slipping away into death three hours later. Moore characterised himself as a 'self-made billionaire', after an entrepreneurial decision to discover offshore oil and quickly work himself into debt hiring mercenaries to secure the mining site. He is survived by his daughter Pippa, 29, and his son Ambrosius, 24, as well as three ex-wives ...

"Fucking hell." Locke lit a cigarette, swung on her seat, took a few thoughtful puffs. "Mari, arrange a meeting with the shags' ambassador, okay?"
"I've taken the liberty of arranging a meeting for 10am, ma'am."
"Yeah, good. I'm gonna kiss her."

BRENECIAN NATIONAL TEAM SELECTION - FORTNIGHT 2
Goalkeepers:
1 - Scathach Wright (Raynor City United, VAL), 12 - Anthea Finnan (Holdenberg City, EUR), 20 - Cairbre Dundalk (North Laithland, NPH)
Defenders: 2 - Clovette Bravender (Ulsa, EUR), 3 - Triss Roscommon (Revolutionaries, EUR, c), 5 - Finn Leadbetter (Holdenberg, EUR), 6 - Casey Giltanan (Workers Union, EUR), 17 - Caithe Shepherd (Brinemouth, NPH), 18 - Athelney Shrine (Southern Star), 22 - Mynah Seeler (Southern Star)
Midfielders: 4 - Ronan Schofield (Raynor City United, VAL), 8 - Esther Caitiff (Ulsa, EUR), 11 - Felicia Brind (South Laithland, NPH), 13 - Consaidin Garrard (FK Metropola Borograd, STL), 19 - Tethys Ondrejko (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 23 - Iseult Conway (Northern Union)
Forwards: 7 - Kendra Carpenter (Wirr Tsi, CMT), 9 - Mhacha White (Farrenton Athletic, EUR), 10 - Katua Byrne (KT Itzalovalle, AUD), 14 - Danand Tristram (Northern Stallions), 15 - Mathgamain Fife (Rozelle), 16 - Fortune Russell (AC Izotz Zubia, AUD), 21 - Rogue Lyrick (Rolalas FC, VAL)

SCHEDULE
Brenecia 3 - 0 Moliza (239)
Brenecia 3 - 0 Garifunya (108)
Le Choix (102) 1 - 0 Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Squidroidia (61)
Kohnhead (64) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Geisenfried (UR)
HUElavia (28) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Txakhaxi (139)
Britland (320) vs. Brenecia
Moliza (239) vs. Brenecia
Garifunya (108) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Le Choix (102)
Squidroidia (61) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Kohnhead (64)
Geisenfried (UR) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. HUElavia (28)
Txakhaxi (139) vs. Brenecia
Brenecia vs. Britland (320)
Puppet of Nephara.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:29 am

Tumbra 0-2 Nephara

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - John Lennon; 2 - Ryan Hughes, 4 - Ian Ashburn, 14 - Louis Paterson, 3 - Chris Carter (19 - Russell White, 64'); 6 - Vincent Hicks (16 - Tom Stansfield, 81'), 38 - Leo Hooper, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn; 22 - Nick Riordan (44 - Nigel Erskine, 72')

TMB scorers: None

Player of the Match: Latona Basilisk (NPH)
Tumbra 2-2 Martune

TMB (4-2-3-1): 1 - John Lennon; 2 - Ryan Hughes (34 - Neal Diamond, 81'), 4 - Ian Ashburn, 14 - Louis Paterson (5 - Harry Henderson, 75'), 3 - Chris Carter; 6 - Vincent Hicks, 38 - Leo Hooper, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton (7 - Neil Fraser, 62'), 9 - Robin Vaughn; 22 - Nick Riordan

TMB scorers: Robin Vaughn (12'), Nick Riordan (51')

Player of the Match: Robin Vaughn (TMB)

TBC.com︱Your Account︱.Home..NEWS..Sport..TV & Radio..Travel..World Service..Weather..ePlayer.︱More ▼︱

TBC NEWS

.News Home︱Top︱Tumbra︱Esportiva︱World︱Regional︱Opinion︱Politics︱Magazine︱Entertainment︱Culture.
News > Tumbra > Top
Northlands Expansion Act Passes; 23 Rebel Labour MPs Have Whip Suspended For Defying Party Line

By Kelly Maguire
TBC News

7.30am, Today

STRATON - The marathon debate over whether Tumbra should expand into the area north of it, known as the Northlands, came to a close after nearly twelve hours of debate this morning. The results of the vote on the Northlands Expansion Act 20XX, as expected, were a victory for the Government — with Tumbra poised to expand its barriers and its influence beyond its 1864 borders.

Speaking in a press conference after the vote concluded and Parliament adjourned for the night, Prime Minister Kenneth Everett reacted to the news of the Act passing the House of Representatives with joy. "We can fire up the construction crews, and get ready for the Tumbran project of our lifetimes," he said. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I am proud to be able to put my name to the commencement of this project. A strong Tumbra on the Esportivan geopolitical axis is good for the world; and this will only increase our stature in the world, too."

When asked about the Esportivan Union's reaction to the colonisation, the Prime Minister was relatively more coy and reserved, indicating that he had not received any complaints "so far," and that rumours of a possible suspension of Tumbran membership were "unfounded." Adding on, he said that "it's something that we have to discuss, but so far we've been getting positive signs from their front. I don't think there'll be any hitches on their end."

The vote was not relatively close — with broad bipartisan support from an overwhelming majority of Labour, the Liberal-National coalition, and the Conservatives, the passage of the act through the House of Representatives was always going to be a formality — and the passage of the bill through the Senate is likely to be that as well, with little to no opposition from any potential Labour Senators in that chamber. The division, which was called at 1.25am, reflected splits in the parliamentary caucuses of both big parties in the chamber; but they were mostly blips in a vote which ended 553 to 79, with eighteen abstentions.

Twenty-three Labour MPs, however, rebelled against the party whip and voted against the party line; their votes were registered as Nay despite a leaked Order Paper underlining the vote with three lines — typically indicating compulsory attendance and compulsory voting for the party line. One of the rebels, Shardaben Parmar (Lab-Delano South East), was interviewed after the vote, and stated that she had "no fear" over the consequences she would face for her vote. "We are prepared for whatever will happen," she said. "We have been discussing this for a very long time now, and we feel that making our voice heard on this critical, critical issue was of paramount importance."

A short press release by the Labour Parliamentary Caucus at 6.30am notified that the 23 rebel MPs who voted "No" on the Act would have the Labour whip lifted from them; meaning that they would cease to be Labour MPs until the whip was reinstated. Comment is expected later from the MPs who were suspended; in what is certainly turning out to be one of the more world-changing 48 hours of Tumbran politics since the foundation of the Republic in 1864.

PARLIAMENTARY VOTE TRACKER - NORTHLANDS EXPANSION ACT 20XX
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

AYE - 553
Labour - 356, Liberal - 156, National - 24, Conservative - 17
NAY - 79
Moderate - 28, Labour - 23, Green - 20, Liberal - 5, Social Democrat - 3
ABSTENTIONS - 18
Labour - 12, Liberal - 6

The Parliamentary Vote Tracker is a service provided by FairVote.org.tmb as a means of tracking the attendance and voting history of all 650 Members of Parliament and all 200 Senators. This service is provided in collaboration and in conjunction with TBC Parliament as a means of disseminating free information on Parliament's going-ons to the people. Click on each party for a detailed breakdown of whether your individual MP voted Aye, Nay or to abstain.

The Act will now proceed to the Senate for a second vote, before proceeding to the President for her approval.

SQUORNSHELOUS REMNANT STATES vs TUMBRA, TUMBRA vs NORTHWEST KALACTIN - WORLD CUP 89 QUALIFYING

Starters: 1 - John Lennon; 2 - Ryan Hughes, 26 - Raymond Perry, 5 - Harry Henderson, 27 - Nigel Harris; 6 - Vincent Hicks, 8 - Craig McGrath, 10 - Phil Cole; 17 - George Hilton, 9 - Robin Vaughn; 22 - Nick Riordan

Bench 12 - Louis Addison; 18 - Jacob Keene, 4 - Ian Ashburn, 14 - Louis Paterson, 3 - Chris Carter; 23 - Michael Aitken, 15 - Alan Morgan, 38 - Leo Hooper; 7 - Neil Fraser, 43 - Alexander Anderson, 11 - Marcus Sheldon, 44 - Nigel Erskine
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic News | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Al Qurija
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Qurija » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:33 am

Al Qurija 3-0 Saterun

First half 3-goal blitzkrieg force Saterun to forfeit game

Qurijan players celebrating the early 3-goal lead right before Saterun forfeit

Al Qurija XI:
GK:Mahmud Maksimovic
CB:Ayoub Najm
CB:Stojko Popovski
RB:Ahmet Mufti
LB:Fatin Al-Ghazzawi
CM:Ghalib Mohammed
RM:Abbas Gim
LM:Zlatan Krstevski(Assists 9', 17')
RF:Seokjin Kang(Assist 6')
LF:Yamandú Gonzalez(Goal 17')
CF:Modevideo Carpi(Goals 6', 9')
Saterun XI: Game too fast, didn't read names

The Petro Mohammed stadium fans were witnesses of something extraordinary and beautiful, a very rare occurence, a forfeit. As Al-Qurija's stars faced off against Saterun, a beautiful first 20 minutes forced the opponents into submission in order to avoid further perceived humiliation as the match would go on.

The few minutes of the game saw Porras pull out a tactic he would not normally pull with his current squad, a full-on Pomenienze, just like he was taught in his time as Juvencus assistant manager. (A time he saw Juvencus at its peak, winning the Cup of Harmony and also qualifying for the world cup twice) A high pressure line, helped by the fact Carpi is near the top of his abilities, a very scary player playing for such a low-ranked team. This immediately worked as a Saterun defender misjudged a pass and Kang was able to intercept it then relay it through to Carpi who put the ball on the top left side of the net immediately giving the Broken the advantadge. Not long after, a similar midfield error saw USC Toro star Zlatan Krstevski cross the ball in the box and Carpi with a header managed to get the ball through the goalkeeper's hands and into the net, making the scoreline 2-0. At last, a Krstevski through-ball would see Gonzalez glide through the Saterun defenders before slotting it in through the tight angle to make it 3-0.

After the 3rd goal was scored the entire Saterun bench stormed the pitch, with their manager leading the charge while the players all gathered up around the manager. He was extremely furious and demanded to forfeit the game, something the referee let happen, much to the confusion of Al Qurija's players. An extremely fast and easy victory, it was the first of their campaign. The forfeiting, did, however, disappoint the fans who had gathered up to the stadium to watch their favorite players, with the more extreme ones throwing stones and attacking the Saterun team bus, however nobody was injured and the damages to the bus were thankfully minor.

Other news:

Al Qurija: Plans for the creation of a desert city to accomodate all the people groups of Al Qurija in the name of diversity are under way.
International: With events in Nyowani Kitara spiraling out of control, the government of the Confederation has opened itself to any and all refugees from the area.
Sports: Talks to include several Qurijan teams in the scheduled Juven Serie B look promising, according to reports.
Miscellaneous: Talk show host Arda Turkoglu dies at age 81.
Last edited by Al Qurija on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[16:20] <VilTur> baruna should host with eastfield lodge
[16:20] <VilTur> and they can call it Beastfield Lodge

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

CHAPTER 2.2

Postby Pemecutan » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 am

CHAPTER 2.2

Day 2 of the PFA internal meeting and everyone is getting anxious.

"Any news about him?" ask Suryajaya to his secretary. The young women just shake her head. "Hhmm. What happened to him? He can't be just went missing," wondered Suryajaya.
"His phone is also not active," says Agung Damar who already try to call him for a hundreds time.

Everyone in the meeting room and also the whole association are looking for Nengah Suwitra. The Director of Kauripan Local Football Association went missing after he was known to not come back to the hotel the other night while his phone is still not active until today. Suryawan has suggest to call the police but it can't be done as it is still under 24 hours.

"Who is the last person to be in contact with him?" ask Suryajaya.
"I think it's me," answer Gudamang. Everyone is turn to him. "I greet him last night after I get back from dinner with Karangdewa. I saw him at the elevator. He just said that he wants to talk short a walk," explain him.
"Have you in contact with the hotel manager? Maybe he can try to check the CCTV to find his where about," ask Suryajaya again to his secretary, Melisa Chandra.
"I did, Sir. But they didn't get any footage," answer Melissa. "Just like Mr. Gudamang says, he went out of the hotel around 9 pm and haven't coming back yet," she added.
"Where is he exactly?" murmur Arthajaya.

He walks to the corner while wondering. Agung Darma approached him. They both ignored everyone who is busy searching for Suwitra.

"What do you think happened, Sir?" ask Agung Darma to Arthajaya.
"I have no idea. If he is not show up, we will doomed," says Arthajaya. "We need his vote to make us avoid dissolution."
Arthajaya looking at Agung Darma intensely which makes him understand. Agung Darma quickly makes a phone call.

THE ABSENCE

"Ugh.... Where am I?" murmur Suwitra when he gain his consciousness.
He looks around him and realize he is not in his hotel room. This place is just a simple bedroom. He wonder where he is. He try to get up but his head is still dizzy.

"You're awake," exclaim a women that just come in to the room. She approach Suwitra and check on his forehead.
Suwitra avoid her hand which make she stop her move. "Where am I?" ask Suwitra without seeing her. Suwitra feel embarassaed to look at her because of her revealing clothes.
"You're at my place. You were too drunk yesterday that you passed out at the bar. As I don't know who you are and where you live, so I take you to my place," explain the women.
"Thank you," say Suwitra. The women just smile. "What time is it?" ask Suwitra again.
"Around 10."
"Oh no. I'm late." Suwitra suddenly stand up but his head got dizzy. The women held his hand.
"Do you have something important to do today?" ask the women. Suwitra just nodded. "Take the tea. It'll help your dizziness. I'll call a taxi for you," say the women.
"Thank you," say Suwitra for the second time. The women just smiling before vanishing behind the door. Suwitra seat back on the bed and drink the tea.
Maladi and Suryawan are relaxing at the headquarter cafetaria. They are taking a break after Suryajaya postpone today's meeting until they are finding out where Suwitra is.
"I wonder what happen to Suwitra," say Maladi. "Do you think they did something bad to him?" add him.
"I don't think they would harm him. They need his vote after all," thought Suryawan.
"Hhmm. This incident makes me worry," say Maladi.
"I feel sorry for Suwitra. He must be pressured by them," comment Suryawan.
"You think so?"
Suryawan nodded. "To win the vote they need Suwitra to blocked it. With 3-2 votes for them, they will win and dissolution won't be happening," explain Suryawan.
"What would you if that's happen?" ask Maladi while seeping his latte.
"I don't know for sure. We don't have the power to do much," answer Suryawan.
"I just hope that we can get the evidence that they pressure him to vote," wonders Maladi.
"That would be hard to do," says Suryawan. He drinks the last drop of his americano.
Maladi nooded in agreement. Suryawan ask for another Americano before they continue their break time. It's still too early to go back to the hotel.
Suwitra walks tottery as he approaching his hotel room. He still feels weak because of the hangover.
"There you are!" shout Agung Darma which shock Suwitra. "Where have you been? Everyone is looking at you. Even the meeting was postpone," ask him with a high note.
Suwitra doesn't say a word. He still can't focus on anything. Agung look behind them. Maladi and Suryawan are coming.
"Let's go inside. We need to talk," whisper Agung Darma before drag Suwitra into his room.
Maladi and Suryawan are looking at each other. They are glad that Suwitra have come back. But Agung's attitude before is very suspicious. Both of them trying to figure out what have happen in front of them. Both exhale heavily before parted ways to their own room.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:25 am

Delightful Double!

HUElavia brings joy to supporters with double the goals in their matches!

HUElavia 2-0 Kohnhead
(Yamane 11', Nascimento 30')
(Estadio Banco de HUElavia, Fuenteque, HUElavia)

Geisenfried 0-2 HUElavia
(Lopes 81', Carreiro 90')
(Königskronestadion, Königseifert, Geisenfried)

HUElavia entered Matchdays 2 and 3 looking to gain victories in order to start off the Qualifiers on the right foot after the 1-1 draw at Squidroidia. For the opening home match at Estadio Banco de HUElavia (64,500), in Fuenteque against Kohnhead, the A-Team was fully playing with the Special Uniform being worn, in an anticipated rematch from the spectacular IAC 13 quarter-final match that was decided in a Penalty Shootout after a 5-5 draw. For the second match at Königskronestadion (72,755) in Königseifert, Geisenfried, the D-Team was playing with the Away Uniform, with Huamani starting in goal and the Captain. The matches were highly anticipated, especially the opening match at home in a sold out crowd. Once the teams came out to a grand roar, the anthems were played, the coin was tossed, and the ball rolled to start Matchdays 2 and 3!

The first game saw HUElavia dominate from the get-go, not allowing Kohnhead to get the better of them compared to their meeting in IAC 13 a few weeks prior. HUElavia opened the scoring in the 11th minute, when Sol was being covered by Radison, when he gave a pass to Torrisi, who in turn did a backheel pass to Yamane, who gave a curving shot that went past the reach of Sanders into the goal to make it 1-0. The crowd erupted, throwing confetti and beer and water all around, jumping to make the stadium rumble while Yamane was mobbed by her teammates for the goal. HUElavia kept on attacking, wanting more, eventually in the 30th minute, when Sol was being covered by Radison once again, deciding to send a cross into the box where Nascimento towered over Atkinson to head the ball past the reach of Sanders into the goal, making it 2-0. Once more, the crowd erupted and jumped with passion and joy, with the rumbles being felt around the stadium, while Nascimento did a dance with his teammates to celebrate his first goal in the Qualifiers. The rest of the match saw both teams trade shots left and right, with Kohnhead's attack trying to score, but Vannier held out and made saves left and right. At the end, HUElavia took the 3 Points and brought much joy to the crowd, with Conavacio having a big smile on his face.

The second game saw HUElavia's D-Team struggle all match long against Geisenfried, not being able to get many shots in. Christensen, Kayode, and Grunberg tried to get the ball past Huamani, but she made saves left and right to keep the scoreline at 0-0. The opening goal would fall in the 81st minute, where Olegovna sent a shot to Juergensen that was blocked, but Lopes was played onside by Messer to allow her to tap in the ball into the goal on the rebound, making it 0-1. Lopes celebrated with her teammates and the bench in her first ever goal for the National Team, with the HUElavians in the crowd celebrating the goal. HUElavia kept attacking, and in the 90th minute, Carreiro dispossessed Eberhardt to go one-on-one with Juergensen and slide the ball into the goal to make it 0-2. Carreiro celebrated with her teammates, doing the Cross and giving thanks for her first ever goal with the National Team. Geisenfried could not contain HUElavia, and Los Amarillos/Os Amarelos took the three points to keep pace in Group 2.

With the two victories, HUElavia sits in 2nd Place with 7 Points (2-1-0), only behind Le Choix, who comes off a surprise victory over Brenecia, and are in 1st Place with 9 Points (3-0-0). HUElavia's next two matches will be a visit to Moliza, followed by a home match against Txakhaxi, at the new stadium of Al-Rahid Stadium (60,000) in Hamar, the first of four stadiums in this cycle that will be having the baptism of the team visiting the stadium for the first time. The D-Team will play with Casillas starting in goal and Kedar as the captain for the first game, with the Away Alternative being worn, while the C-Team will play the second match, with Moura in goal, and Alvarado as the Captain, with the Home Alternative being worn. The team is showing good signs so far, and Conavacio continues to give his praise and support to these youngsters, as they look to continue searching for good results. After all, this team has to fight for their right to qualify. Here's to another set of good results.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:43 am

REGARMAR ADVERTISER

What's West Of Ham?
James Renton

The Empire Times was the first broadsheet newspaper in 1851 to be published and sold across the Empire. While there were some local newspapers or news sheets in pockets of the Empire dating back all the way to 1645 with the irregular (and poorly named) Daily Crier in Port Fansat it wasn't until Count Alfred of Lorton established The Empire Times that people across the empire could find easily find out not only what was happening across Bloumany but read reports from across the Atlantian Ocean and around the world. The paper quickly grew in reputation and went from a weekly broadsheet to 6 days a week within 2 years and by 1856 The Empire Times for Sunday was first published. Having one many awards for journalism over the years and known as the best source of information and at one point held in the same regard as the Imperial Throne the decline over the past few years has been a disgrace.

None more so than the latest article on the Blouman International Team most recent match against Torisakia in which the article was full of gobbledygook and the series of events incorrect. Firstly is in a long line of degraded journalism starting back to a few years ago when the paper reported on the attempted assassination of Prince John of North Braxon, not only did they get the intended target wrong by reporting that it was his sister Princess Joanna of North Braxton but they also reported it happening in Promdrania when the attempt occurred in Wedrom. There have been more examples since then with yesterday's article just another in a long line of mishaps and errors. The paper initially cited Jarrod Bowen a defender for Eastern Bloumany 2nd tier side Polson FC as scoring two goals though the online edition corrected it to Luke Cousins. At the time of the game Bowen sitting in his home still recovering from an ACL injury he received a month ago. The paper also claimed it was Lincoln Zilva that scored the third when in fact it was Liam Peach, Zilva had by then been substituted. But the worst part of the story is the now infamous line "The Jollipville Athletic forward doubled West Ham's lead after the break" which has lead to scorn, ridicule and disgrace towards the paper with the now famous saying "What's a West Ham", even the national sandwich chain Smugglers released their West Ham Sandwich a dish served with the ham to the left of the rest of the ingredients.

The paper publicly apologized for the errors and announced that the journalist in question had been dismissed it does not go far enough. The article still had to make it through a number of editors and yet these glaring issues were never picked up during proof reading or editing. The latest article by The Empire Times has not only disgraced themselves but all of Blouman journalism the paper must make serious changes and not only improve but uphold journalistic integrity otherwise they may find that the first and oldest Empire wide newspaper will join the long list of newspapers from across the Empire that no longer exist.

James Renton is a former editor of The Empire Times and currently is the Dean of the School of Journalism at Queen Catherine University
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am

The Turnip: Electrumite Football Team Implementing Various Strategies To Make Their Opponents Acknowledge Them As Humans Beings Worthy Of Dignity
by Sweet-T, blogger

Electrum Football has been rather concerned by the lack of respect afforded to the Electrumite national football team as of date. From inferior teams not shaking in their boots and somehow winning four points off us despite it being their debut season to superior teams not giving us the courtesy of letting us win points off them, respect for the Electrumite football team is at an all time low. And that's despite the fact that the nations hosts the paragon of journalistic integrity that is The Turnip, one of the multiverse's most well respected newspapers with a readership of trillions of adoring fans. It seems that respect for Electrum is at an all time low.

Take for example our flag. It seems almost daily that Farf publications get titillated every time someone labels the Electrumite flag as being callipygian. We don't even crack the S-tier in the various flag tier lists that those whippersnappers are keen to build these days. Or what about The Turnip's journalistic prowess. The Saltsteadian publication called The Beet has been known to call our publication a 'weapon of mass-mastication', which you know has to mean something bad.

In order to counteract this trend, Electrum Football has implemented three new strategies to be used by our national team that are designed to get our opponents to respect the fact that our players are human and are deserving of basic human dignities. These are:

1. Getting into coughing fits
By repeatedly getting into coughing fits, opposing players are forced to acknowledge the fact that yes, Electrumite players are indeed human beings who are susceptible to infections such as the common cold and tuberculosis. When contesting the ball against opponents, just a single cough is enough to trigger flashbacks for those opposing players of coughs in years gone by. By linking the sensation of an Electrumite coughing to flashback memories, this should hopefully help the opposition understand that the Electrumite football team is just as human as they are, and are simply asking for some basic dignities. Instead of kicking our players repeatedly in the shins, they would instead be caressing our player's backs every time our players coughed.

2. Yell it like you mean it
Electrumite players are now starting to scream their own names to force their opponents to acknowledge them as a real human being. This strategy is particularly effective for Electrum's non-human players such as the bear king Einarsson as well as an amorphous energy ball of nothingness. As many people know, energy balls don't have tonsils or vocal cords (therefore they can't cough but they can yell) and bear kings are simply unable to understand the concept of coughing. Every time they yell, our players are making a statement that they have a name, and they're not afraid to use it. They are not cowards who never say their own name, they are human beings with aspirations for other people to say their own name. It's very therapeutic. Perhaps you should try screaming your own name some time.

3. Getting into the fetal position and cry like a little bitch baby
And if worse comes to worse and we've just conceded a goal, the Electrumite team has been asked to fall down at the same time, get into the fetal position, and cry like a little bitch baby. This one grand gesture will force the opposing team to really stop and think about what they're really doing -- was it really worth scoring a goal if this is what happens? I mean, just what where we thinking when they scored that goal? Those are questions that the opposition will be asking, which can only play well for us.

So there you have it, the three strategies that Electrum Football has been using in order for our opponents to reckon with the fact that we are humans with feelings are deserving of basic dignities like not being scored against and not being spat on/being subject to wet willies/hand of god situations repeatedly. The implementation of these has been a huge success with Electrum winning all three of its matches so far, and expected to win the next eleventeen matches.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Independent Athletes from Quebec
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 20, 2020

Postby Independent Athletes from Quebec » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:53 am

OOC: Of course, if you wish to enter a sports film to be reviewed, send me a TG or PM with basic premises, ideas, etc, and we'll talk further. If you've done something before, of course, we can pick it up from there as well. There is only one condition - that it must be a foreign film covering Quebecois sports scene/plot, or a film covering foreign sports/plot content but directed/produced by a Quebecois.

The Taegukgi: The Korean-language voice of the Quebecois Commonwealth

Introduction to '100 Years of Sporting Films: In Review'

QUEBEC CITY, CAPITALE-NATIONALE - Dear all,

We of The Taegukgi would like to congratulate you all for having made it past the first half of the twenty-first century, as we enter the next half-century of promises and potential to come. With the Quebecois successes at the 2050 Summer Olympics in Bunjil, the continuing progression of the Grim Reapers on the international footballing stage, and the consistent performances of the basketball and volleyball national teams, it has certainly been a good time to live as a Quebecois sports fan. The nation, with its hosting of the World Cup of Hockey 40, Volleyball World Expo 11 and 12, Rugby Union World Cup 30, and World Junior Hockey Championships 17, continues to present the nation as a viable and reliable host. The continued diversity of successes in the sports, as well as the maturation of the sporting pyramids with consistent reforms to the structures, bids for much more in the decades to come as the prosperity under the Christinian Era continues.

The prosperity, of course, doesn't take away the opportunity from us all to reflect. With the centenary of first ‘contemporary’ sports film made in Quebec and Shingoryeo- a genre that has taken particular popularity in the country- The Taegukgi have accepted the opportunity from the Halifax International Film Festival to review its selections of best sporting films that will be screened on the ‘Nuit de Sport-Cine’, on July 18 (Day 7) of the 107th Halifax International Film Festival. Its range of columnists, both of regular or freelance employment with us, consist of those coming from different socioeconomic and employment backgrounds. While the focus will be on giving the films proper dues, there will be much work done by each to connect it to the social and historical context of the times, as well as the evolution of the world of Quebecois sports.

This deviates from the usual genre choice of works covered by The Taegukgi. The Taegukgi traditionally delegates the film and television series reviews to those of the ‘Arts and Culture’ section. Usually this is because the sports films themselves are more niche on the international perspective, and the great variance of quality in them mean that the number of films reviewed by us tend to be a lot smaller than in other film genres. Thus, the editorial decision was made to cover them as the specialised column on the ‘Sports’ section, as a special edition celebrating the past centenary of Quebecois sports films. The Taegukgi will continue to post its film reviews at the same section, with little interruptions.

Of course, this project is beyond our usual mission as a Korean-language newspaper with certain ideals and duties expected from one, that being the voice of Quebec and Shingoryeo, and the Quebecois Commonwealth. The editor-in-chief, Jean-Christophe Park, acknowledged this: ‘While we serve as a major voice of the state, always looking to offer ways to improve our own lives, initiatives like this, that go far and beyond our reaches, are just as crucial as well. There is a reason why it’s not just films that cover not just those of Quebecois content, but also those made by the Quebecois as well- the area is and should be ubiquitous, and we hope to get there as well.’ Given the topic’s particular nature, as well as the soiree’s submissions incorporating films not necessarily of Quebecois content, but also accepting those of Quebecois producers and directors, we hope that the reviews will be able to cover sports films with other nations in mind as well.

With that said, we of The Taegukgi hope that the upcoming series of film reviews, in the next year leading up to the 2052 Halifax International Film Festival, will heighten your excitement for the genre that has reflected the Quebecois society well. If not, we hope that you will give individual films a chance to be watched by yours truly, and that you will be able to comment them on your own time and critique. As always, we appreciate your support for our newspaper.

Yours Truly,
Nelson Belbin-Wiskus,
Sports Editor, The Taegukgi
Last edited by Independent Athletes from Quebec on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Pluvia and the Saxean Isles
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvia and the Saxean Isles » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 am

28 Greatstreet, Marienburg, Pluvia and the Saxean Isles

Prof. Charles Cunningham of the history department at the Royal Marienburg University had just arrived at home. He'd decided that he wasn't going to tell his wife about the comely blonde graduate student working with him just yet. Better to wait for a more opportune time. As it turned out, he needn't have worried. A note on the table said, "Out to the shops and then to have a drink with the girls. Dinner is in the refrigerator. Be back late - M." Well, at least she was taking proper care of him before going out to have fun with her friends. On the plus side, he would have more time for the diary.

The last diary entry saw William II having made every effort to get his reform bill passed. He compromised on the census, but got everything else he wanted. The only question was, was it going to pass? William II thought he had the votes, but one never knew. He did have a backup plan: executive decrees by the Praesidium. With his loyalists now on the body, he could simply issue the changes he wanted if the National Assembly didn't pass them. It wasn't something he wanted to do, but he was empowered under the constitution. He was now unreservedly committed to reform.

April 23, 1885

I return to this diary after a week. I dared not write a single word until the reform bill had passed, and even then, I held back my pen until I was sure that a writ of election would be issued. But now both have come to pass, and I may write freely again. The vote in the National Assembly teetered on a knife's edge, especially in the House of Notables, but in the end, it passed. At one point, I was certain that the vote would fail in the Notables due to the inclusion of suffrage for widows and educated or property-owning women, but I am told that mothers and grandmothers of certain members wrote to them to demand they vote yes on the bill, which secured the final tally. A narrow victory, but a monumental one.

But it would have all been for naught had a writ of election also not been secured. Under the old, pre-constitutional system, the National Assembly was merely advisory, and could be dismissed at the monarch's pleasure and a new election called at any time. Under the new system, we have two choices: either the National Assembly votes to dissolve itself, or the Praesidium can dissolve it (subject to a 2/3 veto by the National Assembly). I felt reasonably certain that the National Assembly would not be able to veto a decision by the Praesidium, but it is never wise to gamble in that manner, and in any case, preserving what relationship I have with the National Assembly is prudent. Therefore, I merely asked the National Assembly to call new elections, and they did, though again by a narrow majority. An election date has been set for June 6, Sunday being the day when nearly the entire realm foregoes work. I am shivering with excitement at the prospect of a new, reform-minded, National Assembly.

But I am loath to leave these sorts of affairs to chance. I am therefore embarking upon a bold new quest, taking my nation's future into my own hands. I must secure these changes to transportation, the military, taxation, legal reform, and a whole host of other matters if my realm is to be stable, prosperous, and powerful. I have decided to travel around the country in advance of this election, to promote the new reform law and speak about my priorities for this our great nation. I shall not endorse individual candidates nor parties, but I will speak on the need to support candidates who prioritise our reform agenda. I hope to secure a pro-reform majority in both major parties, as they hold the reins of power. As for the Social-Democratic Party, I shall make every effort to avoid being seen with or supporting them. Although they may prove useful to reform in some manner, they are consumed with dogma and the plight of individuals, rather than the fate of the nation as a whole. As with Saxean nationalists, association with them would doom my whole project. I am aware that I will face criticism for this decision from those who would prefer I remain a mere figurehead on the throne, but I am determined to suffer the slings and arrows rather than abandon my vision for my realm. May God bless me, Christ guide me, the Holy Spirit be with me, and the Blessed Virgin protect me in my journey.

PSI Goalscorers

vs. Electrum: Goldberg 56', O'Donnell 84'

@Saterun: Pearce 13', Francke 47', Schuerer 78'

Juvencus
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2016

Postby Juvencus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 am

Parlamento Reale, Pomena, Juvencus

This was not a typical day, not the usual briefings of the parliament meant to keep the nation in perfect functionality while the Holy Emperor enjoyed the results of his nearly 40 year reign. This day was a bit different, to Holy Emperor Nicola II, Terzi, the messages of the ancestors spoke to him, exactly what was fought in the 2nd Great War of Unification is shown right at him. A chance to establish a major Juven influence past the limits of Sonnel and the limited colonies elsewhere and doing it in a fashion that would solidify his position as a Panjuvenist. The situation in Nyowani Kitara intrigued him, in it, he saw similarities experienced by his own people in the past, maybe something that could be described as delusion, an imaginary split between people that are one and the same. The communist regime had fed its own people inconceivable lies, those same inconceivable lies that kept Juven people divided for 1,500 years following the fall of the Pomen Empire until the time of reunification.

Inside the parliament, there was a split between the ministers. While indeed there was a consensus that Juvencus would have to get involved in that particular conflict, most complaints by the ministers were directed at the monarch and his hastiness to declare support for the side of Malik Akongo and his group, the Kitara Freedom Front, seemingly without weighing in the positives and negatives of each and every other group in question. Truth be told, Nicola II never reacted so hastily over anything, he was always a more patient leader, unlike his predecessors and that is why he was more successful in the long run, at least in the majority of domestic matters and some major international successes, joining several organisations and alliances to give the nation a leverage and spreading influence, or perhaps even hegemony in the matters of Suntae, balancing the region out for the most part. But this was considered outrageous of the monarch to be quick to a decision here, Nicola II patiently listened to every complaint, telling him to withdraw his support for the time being until a more concrete decision would be made with the help of the parliament but he would not particularly listen.

It was his turn to talk and without hesitation he said:

"To the 531 ladies and gentlement of this parliament, representatitve of all subjects in Juvencus and beyond, your complaints are heard and have long been considered before even being expressed. A conflict like this, however, only comes once in a lifetime and beyond that, it is a conflict that should interest all of us.

'Why?' you might think, Nyowani Kitara, after all is in Rushmore, in an extremely far distance from our nation to affect us in any way directly. To that I say it is false. You see, our oath, as a nation, is to never leave anyone behind, no people group split from their brothers and sisters in any way. I see in them something that we, as Juven, have experienced. Being told lies in our faces that we are somehow different from one another using excuses, in us, those are linguistic differences, to them, everyone that was not a communist was considered an enemy and especially Banija, which is the place where the Kitara people group originate from, the majority people group of none other than Nyowani Kitara itself. The propaganda of this government blinded their people for years and years on end and this is a perfect opportunity to show them that, number 1, there should be unity between the people, even in different states and different regions and number 2, provide them the help and balance they need to rebounce back into prosperity.

For that to happen we have to get involved in 2 ways, one is by force. Brute force that is, the Kitara Freedom Front is the side that needs help the most because they stand by proper values, the values of democracy, economic choice and most of all, FREEDOM! Freedom that can only be achieved through unity. For that reason, I bring forth my declaration that we need to get involved militarily and, effective immediately, I declare myself as commander-in-chief of the Juven Military, not becoming an absolute monarch however, since the war does not partake in Juven sovereign territory. Secondarily, economic help in the form of arms supplies, food, first aid treatment as well as housing any refugees that wish to come to Juvencus is going to be important as the war rages on. However, I do believe that sending troops and equipment should take its time to ensure safe and speedy travel through the different portals to reach Rushmore and the city of Inhalo. At this moment, I want every single one of you to take care of domestic matters, as I will be taking care of our future involvement in the war."

With that said, he silenced the entire parliament, many of them looking at him in awe and respect. Applauding was not considered appropriate at this situation to them, though the Holy Emperor was possibly aware of these plans, since the way he put them out sounded convincing to them. Not a single minister dared to talk back, not in fear of losing rights or being arrested, but out of respect for his holy majesty's choice. Nicola II, Terzi walked out and returned to Il Grande Palazzo, it was his chance to get Juvencus involved and he would relay the first official communique to Malik Akongo.

Official Communique by il Sacro Impero di Juvencus, relayed by the Holy Emperor himself, Nicola II, of the House Terzi
Recipient: Malik Akongo, leader of the Kitara Freedom Front

Egregio Signore Akongo,

It is with great honor that I am relaying this first attempt at communications with you. Recently, I happened to be one of the leaders that received your request for immediate help and recognition of you and your movement as the government-in-exile of Nyowani Kitara. I see in your goals and your troubled history the experiences of my ancestors as well as their dreams and aspirations for the future, seeing those mutual struggles have driven me to the decision to help you as quickly and effectively as possible in your mission to convince your sister, Nafuna Akongo, to step away from her position and give power to the Kitara Freedom Front, while also reinstating democracy, union and freedom to your populace. For the time being, preparations are under way for military involvement, an involvement I would like to have your consent first before entry.

Ringraziando anticipatamente per la sempre cortese collaborazione, porgo cordiali saluti,
The Holy Emperor of Juvencus,
His Holy Majesty, Nicola II, Terzi
The Holy Empire of Juvencus
Diverse yet united
Demonym: Juven Trigram: JUE Capital: Pomena
Sonnel is my home<3

St Trinians
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby St Trinians » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am

Amy Pepperpot looked at the Group 13 table again. She could hardly believe that St Trinians were on top. Yes, it was only matchday 3. Yes, they had only played week opponent so far. But it didn’t matter to Amy, who was constantly being surprised by this team of supposed misfits.

St Trinians got their campaign underway with a game against Sevendia, a nation that follows some bizarre customs surrounding the number 7. Boasting a 6 man forward line and almost no defenders, the Sevendia lineup made St Trinians’ own 2-3-5 look downright conservative. There were plenty of jeers from the capacity crowd at St Trinians’ National Stadium when the entire Sevendian team lined up on just two sides of the field.

Sevendia’s box overload tactic was about the only thing they had going for them. Swindlehurst and Carmichael were overwhelmed, but that mattered little as Sevendia failed to score from directly in front on more than one occasion. Even when Carmichael was sent off for kneeing Heaven in the groin, the Sevendians couldn’t score. Down the other end, the lack of any Sevendia players down one side of the pitch allowed De Grandhomme to score. Unfortunately her boisterous celebration included pushing the Sevendian goalkeeper, which earned her a red card. Comfort Maitland would double the lead minutes later.

St Trinians was down to 9 women at the half-time break, and by the end of the game they had lost two more, both Swindlehurst and Tipton being forced to take a breather. That left them with 7 players on the field, a fact that was sure to please their guests. It was around the time that Tipton came off that Raven scored for the visitors. That gave Sevendia some hope, but it was short lived, as Granger fired a shot from deep. Typically for Granger, it was a high ball, but it was fired from so far out that it dipped. Had Proven been on his mark it would have been an easy save, but as he was standing 7 metres out from goal the ball sailed easily over his head and landed just short of the goal line before bouncing in.

Against Raspotchje it had been open slaughter, St Trinians netting four early goals. Speight got two in quick succession, heading in a cross from Temperance Porter before a turn over after the reset gave Appleton a clear path through the defence, before an inside pass to Speight saw Bošnjak completely beaten. Appleton would get in on the party a little later on, when she chipped in a shot that ricocheted off the crossbar from a Granger special. Essie Gardner also joined the scoring after St Trinians were able to pass the ball around the box for an extended period without much resistance.

Gardner would also be the only St Trinians player to pick up a card, a yellow for a nasty tackle on Podgora. That there were no red cards in a game with St Trinians was almost a miracle, and Amy hoped her lessons about behaviour management were beginning to pay off. As much as the aggressive style was part of St Trinians play, they didn’t need the send-offs. Going up against a team like Turori with 11 players would be hard enough, let alone doing it with 9 or even 7 players.

Goals to Bjelova and Capak would close the gap for Raspotchje, but it was too little too late, and when Speight found the back of the net for the third time, it was all over. St Trinians were 2 from 2, and what’s more, had a nice goal difference to go with it. Amy knew the team needed to keep the momentum going against Milchama.
There wasn’t just excitement amongst the team at the prospect of being top of the ladder. The St Trinians public was also out in force, even breaking the 25,000 capacity limit at National Stadium. As usual, there was a strong military presence and the crowd had been forced to surrender their weapons, all to protect the away side.
There was an audible roar of anger then, when the Milchama team came out swinging heavy maces. However, not for nothing does the St Trinians’ anthem implore its citizens to “grab the nearest weapon, never mind which one.” As soon as the St Trinians players saw that their opponents were armed, they went hunting for weapons. Nonie Swindlehurst picked up a metal chair, a formidable weapon in her powerful hands. Dottie Carmichael grabbed a flag from the crowd and snapped the handle to make a simple club, and the lid of a drinks cooler made an effective shield. Butler grabbed a fire extinguisher, while Frankie grabbed the first aid kit. Inside she quickly armed herself with the scissors, scalpel, and one other thing: a hypodermic containing a massive shot of heroin. That was Frankie’s personal supply, and while she hated to waste it on an opponent, she knew it was going to totally fuck up their day. Essie Gardner disappeared into the change-rooms, and came back wielding a “Galloway Dagger”: a glass bottle held by the neck, with the bottom broken off. It was a favourite weapon of bar brawls across St Trinians, but especially in the rough city of Galloway.

Essie wasn’t the only player on the team to have scrapped in Galloway’s mean streets. Elisabeth Speight had produced a makeshift knife made from a razor blade. The star striker had been carrying it around pinned inside her uniform since the Baptism of Fire. Ilsa De Grandhomme removed her shoes, figuring the spiked heels would make good weapons.
The players lined up on the field, all armed. Both teams stared down each other, until Amy came up and called both team captains forward. After a brief discussion, both teams agreed to put the weapons down, and the game began peacefully 5 minutes late.

St Trinians started well, getting a shot off early that was well stopped by Inthracam. In fact, St Trinians dominated the game from start to finish, dictating terms for most of the match. Despite this, the Milchaman defence held firm and the team were unable to get the ball in the back of the net. That is until De Grandhomme, still barefoot, sent the perfect lob to the tall head of Granger, who got her header to stay down for once. St Trinians had the lead by a single goal going into the break, and it seemed a quiet game by St Trinians standards. However, things were about to get a lot more interesting.

At around an hour into the match, Marc K. Floren found a gap in the St Trinians defence against the run of play, and scored. The opening happened after Leetal Fenet got tangled up with Tipton, and the St Trinians players were adamant that she had been fouled. However, the referee waved their protests away, while the Milchamans celebrated. Gardner took offence to that, and grabbed her broken bottle. Suddenly all the St Trinians were armed and heading towards the Milchaman team with murder in their eyes. The Milchamans quickly ran to their own bench and grabbed their maces.

In the stands, the crowd was going wild. It had been a bporing game so far, but a fight was exactly what they wanted to lift their spirits, and this looked to be a good one. Along the sidelines, the soldiers of the Royal Army looked on nervously, but did not intervene. They had orders to protect the players, but intervening would mean risking the safety of those players. The crowd were contained behind barriers at the moment, so as far as the Royal Army were concerned, this was part of the match.
On the field, Butler had tried to brain Waver with the fire extinguisher, but he hit her in the ribs with his mace. Carmichael and Holden Flomes were wrestling on the ground, both trying to get control of Flomes’ mace, while De Grandhomme was trying to spike Eloise Johnson through the eye with the heel of her shoe. Porter was down, and Speight had been laid out by a hit with Foster, who then got smashed over the head by a metal chair, wielded by Nonie Swindlehurst.

It was at this point that their came the unmistakeable sound of an assault rifle being fired. Instinctively everyone ducked for cover. The pause was enough time for Pepperpot to wander on to the field, wielding the gun she’d borrowed from a soldier. She managed to get the players to separate. Eventually the referee, who had been cowering behind the stands since the fight began, was convinced to come out and restart the match. He did, but both teams were notable smaller, with 5 Milchamans and 7 St Trinians players sent off.

Only Becket, Granger and Appleton remained. Tipton had avoided a card, only because she had injected herself with the heroin and was currently on a different plane of existence to the rest of the team. Amy substituted her for Catherine Holker. Even with the significant losses to the Milchama side, 3 outfield players was not enough to be productive, so instead the players made a wall. Granger’s height and massive boot proved useful in defence, and Milchama were unable to break the deadlock. The game ended a draw, a decent result considering the chaos.

The next match for the St Trinians would be another home game, this time against the powerhouse of Turori. The two teams were locked on points, with St Trinians ahead only on goal difference. This would be the biggest match for St Trinians so far, and worryingly they might be without some key players, depending on the injury list that came out of today. Most worrying was the head injury to Speight. The loss of their star forward would be a huge blow to St Trinians’ already slim chance of victory against Turori. However, Amy knew that if Speight was even halfway to being fit, then there was no way in hell that Amy could stop her from playing.

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby PotatoFarmers » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:40 am

Poafmersia 2-0 Hapilopper
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Mitchel Rosales, Hollis Stephenson, Nasri Sanchez, Natalia Abbott; Arnold Shwentin, Woden Sweet, Nero Wood; Joel Haodao, Makana Tuft (c), Monesty Erdos
Substitutes: Matea Idowu (Haodao 67')
Goalscorers: Joel Haodao 25'; Makana Tuft 79'

Poafmersia 1-0 Siovanija and Teusland
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Mitchel Rosales, Hollis Stephenson, Nasri Sanchez, Natalia Abbott; Arnold Shwentin, Woden Sweet, Nero Wood; Matea Idowu, Makana Tuft (c), Monesty Erdos
Substitutes: Ali Berger (Stephenson 60'); Zak Kaloyanov (Abbott 82')
Goalscorers: Makana Tuft 55'

The Sarian 0-1 Poafmersia
Lineup: Nicole Potts; Mitchel Rosales, Simone Gori, Nasri Sanchez, Natalia Abbott; Arnold Shwentin, Woden Sweet, Nero Wood; Joel Haodao (c), Iulianus Innocenti, Onesimos Jain
Substitutes: Min Berg (Sweet 77')
Goalscorers: Iulianus Innocenti 8'

Chapter 1 Part 2

The Musical Bridge
Chapter 1: Twins
Part 3

You could tell that Feidelm Lindsay was disappointed not to make it into the 35-player national team squad. But he is just too young to be selected, in the opinion of Adnan Suliaha. "Lindsay is still quite decent, but he has a long road in front of him. A long journey to develop his capabilities to become a top midfielder. I see him being a member of this squad some time ahead, but for now, not really."

For someone who has taken the journey to pursue his dreams in football, getting into the national team earlier will definitely be one of his targets. And Lindsay wants to be the Gisiik Moonar of the new generation. Competing with Arnold Shwentin, Nero Wood for the creative midfielder position. That is his target. But maybe it is the performance at the Under-21 World Cup that hindered him from making it in this time. The performance in that tournament, in Lindsay's opinion, was terrible. Qualifying for the Round of 16 was supposed to be the goal, but the team did not make it into the Round of 16. They were close, but not close enough. But that doesn't exactly exist in Poafmerisa's vocabulary.

A quick trip down the history of football in Poafmersia's short World Cup Qualifiers history really shows that they have been punching above their weight all the time. First cycle, 7th seeds. But they ended 3rd, just behind Nephara...and Siovanija & Teusland. Hold on, Siovanija & Teusland? Yes, the team that Poafmersia defeated on Matchday 2. Lindsay was there in Fiskadaha City, when he watched the new generation of Poafmersian players got that close 1-0 victory over Siovanija & Teusland. 10 years ago, when he was just in junior school, he watched the Red Panjias then lost to the Goldhorns. 10 years later, while Siovanija & Teusland continued to be second seeds, Poafmersia became first seeds. From 7th pot to 1st pot in 5 cycles. Unthinkable? But Poafmersia's record in the World Cup has always been there. Laid up front for everyone to see. First cycle, 7th pot, 3rd place. Second cycle, 5th pot, 5th place. Third cycle, 3rd pot, 3rd place. Fourth cycle, 3rd pot, 2nd place, qualified. Fifth cycle, 2nd pot, 1st place. Now, we are at 1st pot. And the team will target to be 1st place. Obviously. And Lindsay will be one of those supporters cheering the Red Panjias on and on at every home game.
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 am

Shinonome Kyoai - International

Kandorith cruising away from the lower half of the group.

Disappointing matches, yet seven points gained already
By Natsumi Miyasaki
Sports
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

*  Group 3                            Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Cabo Azure 3 2 1 0 8 0 +8 7
2 Savojarna 3 2 1 0 6 1 +5 7
3 Kandorith 3 2 1 0 5 1 +4 7
4 Mertagne 3 2 1 0 6 3 +3 7
5 Fluvannia 3 1 1 1 8 4 +4 4
6 Barunia 3 1 0 2 10 7 +3 3
7 Nyowani Kitara 3 1 0 2 3 6 −3 3
8 Vilita 3 1 0 2 7 12 −5 3
9 Arjunnagar 3 0 1 2 2 10 −8 1
10 Devonta 3 0 0 3 1 12 −11 0
The Kandorese have seemingly found their flow when it comes to playing under Michiyu yet some faults still need ironing out if the Kandorese want to course to the World Cup after the qualifiers. For the first time in years the Kandorese team has managed to score this many points out of three matches and it seems they are right on track with the goal of advancing from the group. Right now as it stands they are in a very strong position to be the contenders to the fabled number one spot and are determined to work hard to try and achieve it. Michiyu has already stated that the goal is indeed to qualify directly instead of the usual play-offs the Kandorese team has had to go through every time to appear on the World Cup. It seems that the fans also, have been able to put more faith in this manager than those who came before as over eighty percent of the population have been contend so far with how the team has been performing.

Beyond the Watanabe and Hiyashi eras

Michiyu has entered the seat of the manager role at the Kandorese Football Association at a difficult and turbulent time. Two big names are still standing which are of course Hiyashi and Watanabe, managers who have brought Kandorith unimaginable glory before. The KFA has put their full trust in the new form of managing and culture within the KFA itself. More transparency and more players-first mentality seem to be paying off so far. Michiyu has always been a slightly estranged character when it comes to managers in the Kandorese football world; instead of having strict hierarchical rules like most managers, Michiyu seems to have a more democratic and personal touch to the managing style. Where players in most teams are doing what they are told and play in the position they are told to play in, Michiyu talks to players and tries to abide to most if not all of their wishes which seemingly creates a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere around the team.

Before the great fear for the Kandorese was not the highly ranked nation, as Kandorith historically performs well against those, but the lower and unranked nations is where the team struggles. Most of the times it was overconfidence, other times it was sheer but luck. This time, something seems to have changed in the atmosphere during such games. Against Devonta, who are ranked 84th, the Kandorese beat them with a hard fought but well deserved 1 to 0 score and this would put them in the second spot of the group. From here the fears began. Two historically curses would come together once again. Kandorith would play Cabo Azure who are currently leading the group, undefeated as a team that is ranked 198th. These two factors, the ranking and the home field, historically led to disgraceful defeats and often at times costing the Kandorese any chance for qualification or their very last chance to qualify.

The atmosphere around the game against Cabo Azure was tense. People could feel the curse might creep up once again and it did not ease during the entirety of the match. Especially not when in the last phases of the second half, the Cabo Azure team would hold most of the position to try and push a win out of the game by force. Everyone knows that a 84th minute goal mostly decides games which have been a draw for that long and it started to look that a goal might just creep in against the Kandorese. Michiyu switched to a defensive formation with Masuhiro Nakata coming in for Matsumoto and both Yoshida and Fujiwara being switched in favour of Ishibashi and Matsunaga to play a more 5 - 3 - 2 system instead of the 4-3-3. Michiyu was setting to not give the draw out of hands any more and the tired Kandorese team just had to hold out for six more minutes. In the 88th minute Kandorith escaped with their hearts pounding in their throats as Adalberto Montenegro had a clear shot on goal as Saburo Kazato missed the first goal attempt and missed the rebound too. Luckily to much relief Montenegro sent the ball flying far over the bar and Kandorith had a breather once again. They were back in control and time was slowly ticking away with just two added minutes. This is where the Golden Dragons would not win any popularity contests but the decision was to run down the clock. Slowly moving towards the midfield as the players passed the ball back and forth between midfield, defense and goalkeeper to try one final attack.

The whistle blew, Kandorith had survived and would get a point out of this match. Disappointing to many fans and to Michiyu himself, but at least they did not lose any points. With seven points in three matches the Kandorese are now moving away from the mid-table and there's several gaps in the group table now. Could it be that they have finally broken the curse? This question will be something to hold on as the team faces their upcoming opponents. First the Dragons will face Fluvannia who are ranked 107th and nothing is known about at all. The Kandorese team will have to learn while they play against them to get a feeling for their game plan and then react to it. Losing here could prove disastrous for the Kandorese as it would mean they will most likely lose their position right now, a win would solidify their place or maybe even rocket them to the first place depending on the other matches that day.

The next opponent is another shot in the dark, the unranked Arjunnagar sitting on the ninth place on the table. This is where the curse mostly strikes. Arjunnagar is an unknown nation against which the Kandorese have never played before and they are unranked and at the bottom of the table. The last time Kandorith did not qualify it was because of these kind of teams that would prove the hardest to overcome. Michiyu has stated that there is no need for worry and if there's a curse, curses are meant to be broken. If Kandorith can obtain more points it might very well be a record of amount of points in matches for the Kandorese. A victory would also mean a very strong bid towards the road of qualifying for the 89th World Cup.

Hiyashi Corporation to unveil new Safe-Home technology.

During the largest tech convention in the nation, Hiyashi has a surprise.
By Hikaru Yamashiro
Technology
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image

Hiyashi Corporation HQ in Tenkyo
The Hiyashi Corporation, the Kandorese people can not imagine their lives without them. Renowned for their information technology, appliances, a vast name in the music and publishing industry and of course maybe most known for their implants and home security technology. Just over five years ago the Hiyashi Corporation first introduced us to their Safe-Home concept; an AI powered home security system which would always be in contact with the emergency services and would contact them with a prewritten alert for any home security situation. The system was a massive success as it would be introduced in almost every household throughout Kandorith and is the leading home security system in the capital Tenkyo, where some building regulators would build their housing units with the Safe-Home system build in.

Now five years later the chairwoman and head of the family, Kiyomi Hiyashi, has lifted a small part of the veil to what we can expect on the upcoming GijiCon in the National Conference Building in Tenkyo Bay. No nonsense and no new name, the Safe-Home Two will be revealed at the technology convention this weekend. Hiyashi herself has stated that the public should be prepared to be blown away by the upcoming new features and the new adaptations that the system will bring to our lives. Among the new features will be the possibility to register and connect all, officially recognized, augmentations to the new system and will provide a secure environment for all of them. This could mean, according to speculation, that the Safe-Home system will now be keeping the customers safe on the go too which is something no security related company has ever tried in the entirety of the nation. Next to that there are rumours that the new system will come with a complete new way the AI will interact with the people at home and even visitors to their home.

According to Kiyomi Hiyashi, the Safe-Home 2 is the next step in evolution of home-security and connectivity across the nation. In her own words she said: "We live incredibly busy lives, we have work, children and social contacts to worry about. But what if, what if your own home could help you even further with those busy and at times, dangerous lives? Here at Hiyashi we have found a new way and a new road to travel when it comes to connecting our lives and homes together. No longer will you have just a security system in your house, you will have full control and safety over your lives. We want to ensure that everyone can live their lives in the luxury they want and in the full safety everyone wants. At Hiyashi we care deeply for our patrons and we take their security and health very serious. The first time we rolled out the Safe-Home system it was a wonderful success and we have decided to build on that. We have learned from the feedback, some small bugs and have found ways to serve you, the people, even better. We are always humbled by the wonderful people and their stories of why they chose for us and that choice will become even easier. The new system will make your life even less stress full. Sit back, relax after work and let your home do the work for you, with you. In the end the place you live should not just be another house, it should be your beloved home."

The words of Hiyashi were promising and very well received as social media is completely abuzz with what is coming, but one thing is for sure; the Hiyashi Corporation will find ways to build even better functioning systems to the betterment of all Kandorese people. In recent years the company has been in all parts of our lives and have been making daily live more efficient, more cheerful and more convenient. It looks like with what is coming up, will go even further than that and they will find even more ways to make our lives better. GijiCon will run from the 19th of September until the 26th and has the same entrance fee of Ƶ1,500 which includes accommodation, a welcoming drink and bite and of course dinner during the weekends.

Next to the Hiyashi Corporation there will also be presentations from Red Diamond Defense Tech, Ronin Assemblies, Kaito Corp and of course Fujisan Automobiles. The entertainment will include multiple Augmented Reality bars, live and virtual performances and multiple showings of upcoming series, films and novels for all the family to enjoy. GijiCon has been the largest tech and entertainment showing in Kandorith for almost ten years now and every year it seems to become more popular, expected is that for this year the convention will go all out to attract even more visitors, as they are also aiming towards a more broad public. In the past GijiCon has been solely about technology, the newest cars, implants and gadgets but nowadays the convention covers almost everything in how technology improves our lives. The upcoming GijiCon therefore also caters to those wishes to improve on that and next to technology showings will also show the latest in fashion, lifestyle and exotic food from all around the nation.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:15 am

A disappointing loss on the road to minnows Nyowani Kitara has put Barunia in a poor position on the table, a situation that a 5-nil drubbing of Devonta has done little to change. The poor result can hardly be blamed on home ground advantage either, as crowds were absent from the game due to political unrest in the host nation.
Speaking after the match, coach Liesel McLelland said that the team had failed to control the game, allowing Nyowani Kitara to dictate terms. She said that the team would learn from the match and come back stronger than ever. It seems that the Suns took her at her word.

It was a strong crowd at Memorial Stadium, and the atmosphere at “The Birdcage” was electric. Many players had described the silence of the previous match as “eerie” and “strange”, but here at Memorial Stadium the Scarlet Army were in full voice, and The Red Flag rang around the stands.
The noise got louder when Rachael Cross scored the first goal of the match, hammering a shot in from the edge of the area. It reached fever pitch when Swan headed in a beauty. It absolutely exploded when Carter was knocked down inside the box. And it reached a crescendo when the Barunian forward brushed himself off and coolly slotted home the penalty.

Barunia were on a roll, and the crowd were loving it. The Red Flag was being sung almost constantly, occasionally interspersed with chants of “There’s only one, Emmanuel Car-ter!” and “We love you, Neville Swa-aaa-aaan”. “John Taylor is the best” was also sounded every time the Barunian net-minder made a save. While Devonta didn’t get too many shots on goal, Taylor stood up when needed, including a few excellent acrobatic saves that sent the crowd into a frenzy of delight.
Taylor wasn’t the only one having a great game. Rachael Cross struck again in the second half, prompting wild celebrations from the crowd. Not one of the bigger names on this team, the crowd had no special chants for her. But before long, from the Scarlet Army came a thousand voices lifted in song: “There’s only one, Rachael Cro-ooo-oss! There’s only one, Rachael Cro-ooo-oss!” There was a massive cheer also for the new star when she was pulled by McLelland in the dying stages of the game, the coach giving young Lewis Brooker a run. The youngster was greeted with a warm round of applause as well.

There was one more cheer, perhaps the biggest of all, for Neville Swan, who netted the fifth and final goal of the match. With the crowd aware that this was likely the former captain’s final tournament, they are keen to show their appreciation for a man who has led Barunia through some of their more trying times. An absolute fan favourite on and off the field, the entire crowd lifted as one in signing a few rounds of We love you, Neville Swan” until the siren sounded, and the chant morphed into a solid wall of noise, a massive round of cheers for a job well done, and hope that the dream was still very much alive.
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

Garbelia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Garbelistats! Ep. 3: 7 from 3!

Postby Garbelia » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:36 am

Garbelia (Otter 13, Kawauso 44, Goodotter 85, Verhoeven 91) 4 - 1 (Cousins 23) Blouman Empire
Atheara 0 - 0 Garbelia
0' KICKOFF Cousins takes kickoff
12' YELLOW CARD! Court fouls Goodotter as the striker tried to turn.
13' GOAL! Otter rolls the free kick round the wall and into the bottom corner.
17' CHANCE! Watanabe loses the ball just outside Garbelia's box, but Cousins' through ball for Zilva is slightly overhit and Findus smashes the ball away.
23' GOAL! Watanabe's pass to Blisset is intercepted by Zilva, who cuts back to Cousins for a clinical finish.
27' YELLOW CARD! Watanabe crunches into one too many tackles and is booked.
44' GOAL! Goodotter's cross is headed backwards by Verhoeven to Kawauso, who smashes the ball into the top corner with the outside of her foot.
45' HALF TIME 2-1
45' SUBSTITUTION O. Vydra replaces Watanabe as the midfielder was struggling.
65' GOAL! Otter gives the ball to Watanabe, who makes a driving run through midfield and leaves the ball for Vydra. She chips it into the box and Verhoeven's powerful header beats the keeper.
68' WHAT A MISS! Huron gets head on a swinging ball at the back post but somehow sends the ball over.
85' GOAL! Kawauso whips a cross in and Goodotter's shot takes a massive deflection to bounce into the net.
90' STOPPAGE TIME! Five minutes.
90+1 GOAL! Verhoeven exchanges swift passes with Goodotter then rolls the ball between Bushmaster and the post.
90+6' FULL TIME! 4-1

Lutra: We are not here to talk about the Atheara game.
Vydri: Agreed. We were very wasteful, with an xG of 3.05 in the game, compared to 1.45 in the Blouman Empire game!
Lutra: Funny how luck can change. Goodotter's dodgy deflection would have gone round the post against Atheara, but it somehow went in! Kawauso's insanely incredible volley!
Vydri: It was good, I will admit. But somehow the Watanabe move didn't click. We need the midfield inforcer and it improves our play, but she is not good enough.
Lutra: Yeah. Blouman Empire were still suffering from the journalism scandal, so we dismantled them.
Vydri: It was fun, but lucky. It will end.
Lutra: Nah! We might even sneak a qualification!

Player spotlight on: Opspore Kawauso
Goals: 1 (Team ranking: Joint 1st)
Assists: 1 (Team ranking: Joint 1st)
xG from chances: 0.21 (Team ranking: 6th)
xG from created chances: 1.53 (Team ranking: 1st)
Shots: 2 (Team ranking: 3rd)
Shots on target: 1 (Team ranking: 4th)
Key Touches: 8 (Team ranking: 1st)
Key Passes: 5 (Team ranking: 1st)
Ball Losses: 4 (Team ranking: 5th)
Tackles: 0 (Team ranking: 11th)
Interceptions: 1 (Team ranking: Joint 5th)
Clearances: 0 (Team ranking: Joint 6th)
Passes: 59 (Team ranking: 1st)
Crosses: 5 (Team ranking: 1st)
Headers: 0 (Team ranking: Joint 9th)
Player rating: 8.79 (Team ranking: 1st)

Predictions for games four and five:
Garbelia V Eastfield Lodge
Lutra: Proper game at the Hive. I'm backing us to keep going. 3-1 to the mighty Otters!
Vydri: Must win if we want to put up a top-2 fight. Massive banana skin, and very similar to the Atheara game. 0-0.

Torisaka V Garbelia
Lutra: Torisaka have showed spirit, but it is too much for them to overcome. 0-1
Vydri: I agree. We'll nick it. 0-1.

Prediction points:
Lutra: 1
Vydri: 0

Predicted points:
Lutra: 6
Vydri: 3
Real: 7

Team lineup against Eastfield Lodge and Torisaka:
Formation: 4-1-2-3
Snaijer; Otterata; Huron; Lutrison; Findus; Blisset; Otter; Kawauso; Goodotter; Verhoeven; O. Vydra

Mertagne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 24, 2013

Postby Mertagne » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 am

Press Conference Room #1, Cop Limy Stadium, Neorudo, Mertagne

The conference room was awash with the clamouring of jorurnalists, bloggers, and Twii'ers that had jostled into the room and were packed like sardines among the light metal chairs that had been hastily set up. In response to a flood of emails from the aforementioned groups and more, Tyrell Gulliver had called a quick conference to assuage the general public and push out some kind of narrative before the hacks got control and spun it to lord knows where.

The bright flash of cameras illuminated the flourescently lit room - the cheap striplights that had been installed hung down low from the high ceilings of what was, centuries ago, a ballroom of some kind. Tyrell Gulliver, Phil Cotrell, Claudio Vantula, and Pia Aziz were perched, sat on a long table, in the part of the room where historically a band or small orchestra would have sat and played sweet music for the guests to dance to. In essence, history would repeat itself today, except the band was backed not by instruments, but by the logos of corporate sponsors which dotted a slightly crumped wall banner that had been placed behind them.

At their desks, microphones, like tentacles, sprawled into their faces. Tyrell Gulliver stood up, and the cacophany around the room died down, but only just enough so that he could get some words out.

Tyrrel tapped the microphone. "Hello, everyone. Welcome to this press conference. We're here to answer any questions you might have, because apparently you've got... many. You can ask a question, and I will pick someone to answer it if they want to answer it. We are under no obligation to respond to questions at this time, but have given you this opportunity to peel back the curtain, in the interests of... transparency." Tyrrel tried to ignore the fact that Michelle Romanage had asked him, no, almost ordered him to do something about the press frenzy.

"Gulliver, Are you proud of the squad for their recent win over the 18th best team in the world and long ago sporting chum, Vilita?"

Tyrrel beamed. "I'm as pleased as punch that the squad has had such a thrilling start to their World Cup Qualifying campaign. Expectations were not the highest going into this campaign, as while we have performed admirably in other international competition, the World Cup is a different beast altogether. Our best hope was to throw a spanner in the works against some of the multiverse's best, and I'm happy to report that we have done just that so far, and our sights are set to continue to do that against many other teams such as Barunia and Kandorith."

"What do you think of the decision for the FMF to offer the qualifying games to four different stadia across the nation, instead of condensing the action in Neorudo?"

"It's important that everyone can enjoy the World Cup Qualifiers, and by distributing the home games across Mertagne, more people are exposed to the benefits of international sport. Plus, this directly increases tourism in those areas, which I'm sure someone smarter than me can explain to you why that's a good thing." Tyrell fielded.

"It's been about a year now since the role of manager and assistant manager was changed - Phil, why are you still hanging on to the team? Do you feel like it's time to retire?"

Phil Dornell seemed a bit taken aback, but leaned forward to speak into the microphone. "I have unfinished business. If you're not careful, it'll be with you. No, in all seriousness, and I think the team will agree - I've got a lot to offer. Experience, you know? There's still a fair few things that Tyrell doesn't know, and I'm here to make sure he knows them. Will I be here next cycle? Probably not, and you'll probably all be glad to see the back of me, but until then, you're stuck with me, so tough it out, yeah? Lord knows this squad has." Phil gestured to Pia and Claudio.

"We've let this cool, but I want to bring it up again because it wasn't properly resolved last time. I heard that Luka Hazaluta had some sort of attack a while back, in his last media appearance. What's up with that? Is that why he's not here today, and there's a kid here instead?"

Pia leaned forward with a furrowed brow. "I'm twenty years old. I might be a young adult, but I'm certainly an adult."

The journalist stood up and shot back. "Why haven't you completed your national service yet, then?"

"That's a very leading question. What's your name? I'll have you flagged up for that." Tyrell said, gesturing for Pia to lean back. "You'd know, if you were at all involved in the sports scene, that the Ministry of Sport, as of a fair few years ago now, waives the age requirement of national service for athletes competing in international competitions. Provided they enter one internationally recognised tournament a year subject to approval by the Ministry, they can delay their service indefinitely until they retire. I'm not going to speak for Pia here, but I'm sure she has every intention to serve her conutry in a military capacity after she has served her country in an athletic one."

The journalist that asked the letter question sat down, red faced.

"As for Luka," Tyrell said, running a hand through his dirty blonde, thinned hair, "You are correct. Luka had a bad time during his last media interview. Some people weren't very nice to him, and they probed him for things he didn't want to talk about. You'll notice, however, that hasn't affected his game, and he proved vital in the game against Vilita disturbing their attacks. He's got more right to be in this team than most, and so I'm happy to keep him where he wants to be. Which isn't in front of the media."

"You've mentioned that your intention is to cause an upset. Where in the table would you like to see yourself at the end of qualifying?"

Claudio Vantula, who had stayed silent until now, took the microphone mass head on. "Saying we could top the table would be cocky and would probably doom us to the whims of whatever... agents you believe are at play. Personally, I think we can finish in the top half of the table. I'm aiming for higher, obviously, but that is what I'll settle for as captain.

This one's for Pia. You're one of the youngest members on a very young squad. You wowed the nation during the Di Bradini Cup last year - any plans to do it again? Or was that all the masterminding of Kristie Ettrick rather than your own personal skill?

"Ettrick certainly is a mastermind. So much so, in fact, that she put my name forward for the senior squad, alongside others. I like to think I've integrated well here, under the tutelage of others like Claudio, and Tyrrel, and Phil, and I think that I've shown my skills here on the international stage already."

The questions continued to rattle back and forth, and the Mertagne squad felt consistent pressure to go on the defensive against an attacking pack of journalists and other interested parties. The media circus, and it really was a circus here, had been relentless in the wake of the Insulation, and it was hard to be consistently browbeat by journalists. However, Tyrrell was confident that he'd at least stymied the flow - for now.
user pronouns: he/him

The Nation of Mertagne - World Wonder Wizard!
Capital: Dannin ¤ Trigram: MRT ¤ Demonym: Mertagnian ¤ Map: Here! ¤ Anything Else: Here!
¤ combined a jet engine with fireworks ¤ ANAIA NATION ¤ Author of NS Issue #1508 ¤

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:01 am

Nephara – 2 (0)
Harper Image (87’), Warden Image (90+1’)

Græntfjall – 1 (1)
Théosson; Philipsdóttir, Persson, Nicolajsson, Arnosson; Nicosdóttir, Álvgeirsdóttir Image (80’ Svanhólmsson Image), Rögnvaldursson, Raphaelsson Image (32’) Image (50’); Erlingsson Image (65’ Auðunsdóttir Image), Þórhallursson Image (20’) Image (66’ Þorgeirsson Image)

Pyazhnaya – 2 (0)
Ananyeva Image (63’), Smagina Image (78’)

Græntfjall – 4 (2)
Einvarðursson; Philipsdóttir, Rögnvaldursson, Kristersson Image (88’) Image (90’), Bjarnfinnursdóttir Image (50’ Chrisson Image); Ásvaldursson Image (78’ Tronsson Image); Harrysson, Miansdóttir Image (14’), Fardhesdóttir Image (73’ Sofussdóttir Image Image (77’)); Jonathansdóttir Image (2’) Image (53’ Öndesdóttir Image Image (75’)), Erlingsson Image (60’ Petrisson Image Image (80’))

Græntfjall – 3 (2)
B. Ernestisson; Philipsdóttir Image (62’ Finngeirsson Image), Jokulsson Image (66’ Hylursson Image), Kristersson, Bjarnfinnursdóttir; Árisson Image (23’) Image (38’); Grímólfursson Image (66’ Ottisson Image), Hólmarsdóttir, Fardhesdóttir; Bergmundursson Image (45’ Auðunsdóttir Image Image (82’)), Erlingsson Image (9’) Image (53’ Thorleifsson Image)

Bollonich – 1 (0)
Marshall Image (86’)

Græntfjall – 0 (0)
B. Ernestisson; Davidsdóttir Image (90+4’), T. Ernestisson Image (68’ S. Markusson Image), Kristersson Image (56’ Marcsson Image), A. Markusson Image (50’); Aðalsteinnsdóttir Image (68’ Dannysdóttir Image); Grímólfursson, Kristoffersdóttir Image (56’ Hróðvarsson Image), Heikkisdóttir; Bergmundursson, L. Wolfgangsdóttir Image (59’) Image (67’ Auðunsdóttir Image)

Banija – 1 (0)
Uster Image (59’)

Brookstation – 0 (0)

Græntfjall – 1 (0)
B. Ernestisson; Matteosdóttir, Jokulsson, Reynarsson, Vilbertsdóttir; Ásvaldursson; Grímólfursson, Miansdóttir Image (40’) Image (76’ Þorfinnsson Image), Kristoffersdóttir Image (72’ Hlynursbur Image); Dannysdóttir Image (89’), Erlingsson Image (65’ Auðunsdóttir Image Image (67’))

Græntfjall – 1 (0)
B. Ernestisson; Matteosdóttir Image (89’), Jokulsson, Reynarsson, Vilbertsdóttir; Marvinsson; Grímólfursson Image (67’) Image (84’ Harrysson Image), Kristoffersdóttir Image (78’ Hólmarsdóttir Image), Hlynursbur; Jonathansdóttir Image (54’), Þórhallursson Image (65’ Auðunsdóttir Image Image (75’))

Ostankin – 0 (0)

India – 1 (1)
Image (6’), Image (71’)

Græntfjall – 3 (1)
B. Ernestisson; Lúthersdóttir, Thorleifsson Image (90+6’), Reynarsson, Vilbertsdóttir; Ásvaldursson; Álvgeirsdóttir Image (21’) Image (78’), Guttisdóttir Image (71’ pen.), Heikkisdóttir; Jonathansdóttir Image (80’ J. Wolfgangsdóttir Image), Þórhallursson Image (39’) Image (53’ Auðunsdóttir Image)

Prior to World Cup qualifying beginning, Græntfjall’s last taste of competitive football was losing the Eagle’s Cup bronze medal game to Nephara. Having led the Cormorants for much of the match hope of an improbable upset bloomed, but Harper and Warden scrambled in two late goals to consign the Snow Wolves to a second fourth place finish in three Eagle’s Cup appearances. The team emerged from the Eagle’s Cup having discovered that Petter Erlingsson and Jason Þórhallursson could play alongside each without dissolving into fistfights, and that Matthias Raphaelsson – who found time for one final embarrassment in the bronze medal match (or rather, two) – definitely couldn’t play alongside anyone else. Some players, notably Fredrik Thorleifsson, Kjárr Þorfinnsson, and Michelle Matteosdóttir, had enhanced their reputation; others, notably anyone who came within 50 feet of Raphaelsson, had not.

A mixture of first teamers and reserves then took to the field in the now traditional match against the newest Baptism of Fire champions, in this case Pyazhnaya. The game was marred by chanting from Græntfjaller fans at reserve midfielder Lyubov Smagina, who got revenge by coming off the bench to score. The Snow Wolves ran away 4 – 2 winners regardless; the game was mildly notable chiefly because, when Adam Petrisson replaced Petter Erlingsson at the hour mark, the Mühlrich striker became the 100th player to represent Græntfjall in senior international football. He received a commemorative gold wolf statuette after the game, shortly before being dropped for the remainder of the friendlies, which saw the Snow Wolves defeat regional rivals Bollonich before losing to Banija, a team they have never beaten in senior internationals.

Once World Cup qualifying began in earnest, Igrene Cantor began putting out more or less a first choice XI, at least defensively, absent only the mysteriously absent Amanda Guttisdóttir, even for the relative “minnows” the Snow Wolves started out facing; with a team full of players young enough to remember their own such pond-dwelling days, they were taking no chances. Games against Brookstation and Ostankin followed a similar pattern: defensive solidity, frustrating lapses in finishing, two outstanding goalkeeping performances, neither from Ernestisson, and Lara Auðunsdóttir coming off the bench to prove her poaching credentials. Twice she deputised within the final half hour, and twice she snuck in the winner after her more senior colleagues had wasted much better opportunities.

Emeli Vilbertsdóttir played her 100th game against Ostankin; the subsequent fixture against India saw her equal Hrærekur Jvarsson’s NT record by appearing in her 51st WCQ match. Björnólfur Ernestisson’s clean sheet sequence came to an abrupt end just six minutes in when he mishandled a cross and presented a gift-wrapped chance for the Indian striker who was not dissuaded by lacking a name or perhaps even a corporeal entity. Jason Þórhallursson pulled the Snow Wolves level before the half with a wonderful first touch and thumping second touch that proved a reminder, after a quiet string of games, of his quality relative to the typical BFG strikers the country produces. Hanne Heikkisdóttir, Amanda Guttisdóttir and Johanna Álvgeirsdóttir all returned in a new look midfield; the latter two scored, Amanda from the spot after a blatant foul, Johanna thrashing in a shot after a more debatable shout was turned down, to rescue the remaining points.

There will be no more such minnow-baiting for some time and an angry Igrene Cantor team talk at half time at India demonstrated her rising frustration levels with the team. There is not an easy fixture among the next six matches for the Snow Wolves, beginning with Zug um Zug at the suitably chess-patterned Frei Stadion in Altendalur; trips to Saltstead, Acastanha and Equestria are interspersed with games against The Holy Empire (who, I don’t know if you know this, it’s kind of an arcane fact that rarely gets mentioned, but they’re the only remaining team from World Cup 1) and Sarzonia. Having had a glance at her squad depth Cantor is likely to lean heavily on the main stars now, but stronger performances from Eiríka Jonathansdóttir and Sara Kristoffersdóttir, in particular, will be needed for them to keep their places ahead of the talent bubbling through from under.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:44 am

Friday, October 17, 2034 / 5 Sha’ban 1456
Adab 1-1 Augusticinia
Yargab (74’) | REDACTED (57’)

Tuesday, October 31, 2034 / 19 Sha’ban 1456
Kaldtfjell 1-3 Adab
Osmondsson (50’) | Yargab (44’), Yissakar (69’), Akaptaha (89’)

A Dance with Football
Snapshots of the lives of the people involved in Adabian football and those associated with them
For a full list of chapters click here. To read all the chapters in one go click here
For an (incomplete) list of major/prominent characters in this story click here and scroll down to the ‘Football’ section

Chapter 32: Night

October 18, 2034
Imperial Palace
Adab City

She thought he had swept her off her feet. Their first date had gone way above and beyond her expectations. He was charming, dashing, and just seemed to be an all-around good guy. He could make her smile, laugh, and she thought she could do the same to him. And for the first month or so, everything appeared to be going well. They kept meeting, going on dates, seemingly in a never-ending process of evaluating and wondering if they were good for each other.

But, tonight, as she made her way through the back entrance of the Imperial Restaurant, avoiding the prying eyes of the press, she realized that her feelings for him were… evolving, to put it lightly. It’s not that she didn’t like him, but the seeds of doubt had grown in her. He was charming, yes. Dashing, yes. But what were truly looking for in each other? Whatever it was, they clearly hadn’t found it yet.

All his charm could not prevent the initial euphoria from fading into that calmer, more introspective period of evaluation. She found him rather shallow and self-centered. He lived too much in the present, incapable of the wisdom and foresight she desired from men of his age and experience. Once the laughs had faded, he was incapable of anything resembling deep talk. He wanted her to move in with him; she said she was not yet ready for that. “I mean, I’m not even your girlfriend,” she once told him. “We’re just two people who go on dates, if you know what I mean. We haven’t gone that far.”

Intentionally or not, this clearly hurt him, and he wondered if all that he had done for her was for nothing. “We’re good together,” he insisted, again and again. “I love you with all my heart, and I can’t stand to lose you.” That statement she found to be rather cringe, particularly coming from someone she had known for only two months. That initial connection had frayed. In its place was doubt if this was even the right thing to do.

But she had been the one who wanted to get into the dating market in the first place. In fact, it was she who first contacted him online. Now that she had him, why was she distancing herself and putting a fence around her heart?

But tonight those thoughts were set aside, for Emma Arthur still believed – and, she convinced herself, hoped – that this could work. Every couple has their ups and downs, after all. A little more listening was what was needed. A little more understanding. So she was quickly ushered into the VVIP room, where Robert Fields was waiting for her. Charming, dashing… and little else.

So what exactly was she looking for in a man? Well, whatever it was, did Robert Fields really have that mysterious quality?

Robert Fields warmly extended his hand to her. She took with it what she told herself was a tender smile. They exchanged greetings, polite and smiling, but not infected with too much enthusiasm. Then they settled down for dinner.

Later the same night
Adab City

She opened the door with a degree of trepidation, leaning forward and looking left and right in the darkness before letting the man in, ordering him to close the door. “You can’t keep on doing this, Bek,” he said, leaning back against the door, though his smile indicated that he wasn’t too displeased with she was doing.

“If you hate it so much,” Rebekah Yissakar said, turning on her toes to look at him with narrowed eyes and an alluring smile of her own, “why don’t you just leave?”

“That’s beside the point,” the man replied, lowering his chin and putting his entire weight against the door. “You just broke up with him last week. I shouldn’t be here.”

“But you’re here now, and I’ve already broken up with him,” she said, taking a step forward, then another, her smile growing wider. “I know you want to have some fun, and I want to have some fun too. All this football can get a bit tiring sometimes.”

“There’s two sides of you, you know that? The one people see, and the one I’m seeing now.” He extended his hand to the light switch to his left, and the room went dark.
Last edited by Adab on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Huayramarca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 02, 2020

Postby Huayramarca » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 am

Huayramarca did its homework.

Written by: Gabriela Súarez
23/02/1984 – 10:37 A.M.

The calendar pointed out, since the very beginning, that the second window of the World Cup Qualifiers would be one of the most complicated ones during the cycle, as the Condors had to face a competitive fifth seed in the shape of Eraman and, perhaps, one of the most competitive second seeds in the entire competition such as Squornshelan Remnant States. Omar Caicedo and his pupils were aware that any result here would have impact for the remainder of the qualifiers, since it featured a direct duel and a match against a serious contender.

Let’s remember from past experiences, Nephara and Togonistan were in the same window in the last Qualifier, a tough duel where Huayramarca only rescued a point against the Cormorants and got upset against the Togonistanis in a surprising way, that was the beginning of a six games streak without a win, something that killed Huayramarca’s hopes of getting to WC Playoffs again. Pressure was there and Huayramarca knew how to deal with it in a hard visit against Eraman, at Arupura Stadium in what is, perhaps, the most contaminated venue most of us have ever seen and then doing a great game against SRS. 6 out of 6 points, flawless for a team that had ghosts from the past coming to torture.

Let’s start in Eraman, where the Huayramarcans faced the local team at Arupura. Huayramarcan fans, team and media noticed, since arriving, that getting a single point from there would be enough, a hostile environment in the city, added that the air was extremely polluted, to the point that the sun wasn’t visible due to the thick smog cloud over the region. Masks were needed to wear, the team had to breathe oxygen at the hotel, feeling somewhat like the terrible sensation that visitors feel at the Estadio Nacional. The Huayramarcan Football Federation made the players to stay at the hotel at all times, except for the match, there was no outdoor training, Omar Caicedo arranged to use a hall as a pitch to train in normal conditions and to empower oxygen capabilities of the players prior the match.

The players were into the dressing room for the match and all of them breathe air from oxygen tanks, they continued to do so until the protocol activities and the match itself, they didn’t warm up since they wanted to optimize air quality as much as possible. The players came to the pitch and everyone was protecting their noses until the beginning of the match, despite the local fans were mocking and booing the Huayramarcan squad.

Omar Caicedo was clear to instruct the players to keep ball control as much as possible but aiming for slow movements and precise passing in order to minimize oxygen demand from the players lungs, the strategy was working until the 7th minute, where Ian Mamani did a mistake and led Serigala Rudra to recover the ball and, thus, creating a dangerous chance for Eraman, the locals saw how Rudra passed the ball in depth to Wikra Petara, Petara rushed but was stopped by Kevin Quispe with a sliding tackle, the defender recovered the ball and Huayramarca retained possession. Perhaps, during the first half, Huayramarca showed a shy version of football compared to what we know them, it was a need to don’t push and to keep comfortable while letting the visitors exhaust.

Eraman wasn’t going to fall into Huayramarca’s game for a lot of time, instead, they recovered the ball and were able to create dangerous occasions that were saved by Juan Mamani. About those chances we can tell:

Petara getting into the box at the 23rd minute after receiving a cross from Cicak Kudung. That 60 meters cross found Petara in a great position, he got past Quispe and Santiago Chumacero and kicked right into Mamani’s position, the keeper deflected the ball and let Era Hitam to shoot the loose ball, Mamani deflected and sent the ball to corner. A prepared set pieces maneuver from Samara Grawira and Rudra ended in Petara nodding the ball to the upper left post, Felipe Fernández jumped and took the ball away from the goal with a header.

Hitam with a counter at the 30th minute, the player ran through the wing without being stopped, Fernández tackled and went blank, Hitam crossed the ball and found Petara, the striker wasn’t able to turn around and Quispe cleared the ball.

At that moment, Eraman was enjoying possession and the clearest chances of the match, meanwhile Huayramarca had to suffer since they lost the ball and, clearly, oxygen wasn’t helping them due to pollution issues. The locals enjoyed a last chance at the 39th minute with Grawira passing the ball to Nyoman Jelantik, the midfielder arrived with right timing and shot from 25 meters to goal a great shot, Juan Mamani wasn’t able to block it as the ball smashed the crossbar, while Mamani did a bicycle kick to clear the ball away from the area.

Desperate Condors found a good chance with Gabriel Sayritupac at the 43rd minute, the winger was able to get near the corner and kicked the ball against Kudung in order to get a corner kick. Sayritupac kicked it, one minute later, and Chumacero jumped in front of Mahar Mina, nodded the ball and sent it past Nikla Kala for a surprising Huayramarcan goal right when it was needed, just before the end of the first half. One chance had Huayramarca and one goal they scored, that is an indicator on how precise they were and how much Eraman dominated, since they got seven goal chances, the ball possession and pretty much everything else. Omar Caicedo was ecstatic and decided to use three substitutions at once in order to keep the team with oxygen. Ian Mamani, Felipe Fernández and Orlando Mina went to the bench, a discrete participation from the trio and the need to preserve them for the upcoming match against SRS forced that situation; Felix Huamán, Paolo Manco and Thiago Sepúlveda went into the field for the second half.

The second half had a similar dynamic as the first one, Eraman started in a more impetuous way, at the 46th, Petra tried Mamani from distance, the goalkeeper grabbed the ball and killed some seconds on grass with the ball. Huayramarca also tried at the 60th minute with a counterattack from Nicolás Allauca, who passed the ball to Abraham Mendoza, the winger passed the ball backwards to Sepúlveda, the midfielder shot and Kala reacted sending the ball to the corner. Corner done and Bryan Tello nodded the ball, smashing it against the post and seeing how Anton Mora kicked it away.

What was being different this time is that Huayramarca was aiming for more possession and danger this time, the team continued to attack with some chances in order to increase the count for the Condors. 71st minute and Tello received a ball from Sayritupac, the striker struggled to get past Mina but was able to shot in a weak fashion, Kala took the ball effortlessly. Something useful to note is the drought that Bryan Tello is having, as of now, in the last ten games, he just scored two goals, when he uses to score 0.53 goals per match, that would mean he would have scored five goals as of now.

Huayramarca’s worries would come to the end at the 79th minute, Nicolás Allauca would pass the ball to Gabriel Sayritupac, the winger ran through the right side and crossed the ball to Abraham Mendoza, the player controlled the ball, dribbled Mina and shot a weak ball right to the left post to score the decisive 0-2. With that, Huayramarca was able to snatch a crucial victory in a nightmarish environment in Arupura.

Back to a healthier environment, in sundrenched Guayaquil, the Condors received Squornshelan Remnant States, SRS for simplicity sake in a crucial match for both squads. The Condors started the same XI used in Arupura against Eraman, there wasn’t a lot of fatigue after all, the oxygen usage strategy ended working nicely with the team.

This time, the Huayramarcan team started like a whirlwind, creating several dangerous occasions such as the followings:
6th minute: Ian Mamani gave a pass to Felipe Fernández, the defender rushed through the wing and crossed the ball to Bryan Tello, the striker was able to pass the ball to Sayritupac, who shot to Shimski’s goal, the SRSian keeper was able to control the ball.

14th minute of the match and Ian Mamani crossed a ball to Tello, the midfielder controlled the ball but was fouled at the edge of the box by Buczvarov. Ian Mamani took the ball and faked a shot, causing disorder in the box prior to pass the ball to Mendoza, the winger decided to shoot and sent it wide of Shimski’s goal.

At the 18th minute, Orlando Mina fought a ball with Zazagan, Mina won the struggle and passed the ball to Mendoza, the winger took the ball and passed to Ian Mamani, the captain shot and Shimski sent the ball to corner. Sayritupac passed the ball to Mamani, then a cross right to the box where Kevin Quispe did a header while diving and sent the ball to the upper right post, enough to beat Shimski and score the first goal for the Huayramarcan side.

The Condors were controlling the game and there was potential for more actions soon. At the 23rd minute, Ian Mamani had enough freedom to move near the area, he passed the ball to Mendoza, who crossed once again for Tello, the striker wasn’t able to make contact with the ball, Harkan cleared the ball away and avoided Huayramarcan danger for some seconds.

25th minute and another situation coming from Orlando Mina, the midfielder passed the ball to Gabriel Sayritupac, the winger ran through the right and dribbled Harkhan and Harkan, he entered into the box and shot between Shimski legs to beat him elegantly. Huayramarca was enjoying a wonderful first half by then, enough to assert dominance and transform it into a two-goals lead in only 25 minutes. Possession was controlled with Huayramarca in solid fashion, 75%-25%, pass precision above 85% and defensive solidness from the midfield.

The SRSian squad struggled to find themselves, but didn’t failed to do so. After the 35th minute, there was a possible goal chance coming from Takala and Petrov, Takala gave a depth pass to Petrov, the striker continued near the box, alone, and got past Quispe, the SRSian was able to shot and Juan Mamani contained the shot and killed some time, as he noticed that the rivals were holding the grip better as the time moved forward.

For the second half, Huayramarca did three substitutions: Paolo Manco, Luis Mamani and Saúl Castillo in order to get more defensive force in case of needed, as Fernández and Quispe were somewhat tired after playing 135 minutes, and Bryan Tello went to the bench too. SRS decided to keep conservative in order to get a chance to aspire for an equalizer late into the match.

Anne-Sophie Groothuis decided to play with caution, but weren’t able to control Huayramarca during the first minutes of the second half, as they tried to settle more favorable conditions for their side. At the 54th minute, Saúl Castillo was fouled near the box by Achthoven. Ian Mamani crossed a ball right to the box, Castillo passed the ball to Manco and the defender was able to pull off a shot against Shimski, the goalkeeper deflected but Manco caught the rebound and shot again to score the third goal for Huayramarca.

Two minutes later, a counterattack for SRS ended with Naqvi getting the ball, rushing into the area and being able to score past Juan Mamani, scoring the 1 in the 3-1 score of the match. Groothuis asked the players to press more and force errors in the Huayramarcan defense, in order to get closer into the scoreboard, something that didn’t happened as Huayramarca kept insisting searching a goal more. The Condors weren’t able to increase their tally more, but that was more than enough to settle the homework, 6 points out of 6 in the second window, seven goals scored and only one received in three matches.

Omar Caicedo said in press conference “It sounds beautiful, but it is a responsibility to keep it up, this is just the beginning and we need to keep it humble. Ottoman Syldavia and Delaclava aren’t weak teams, there aren’t weak teams here, we need to get the most points as possible at home and rescuing the most away, we are clear that we don’t want to suffer as we did the last cycle, so we have to be effective.”

Population: 36 million, demonym: Huayramarcan, capital city: Chuquiago languages: Spanish, Quechua, Aymara + 6

CAFA VII Champions

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 am

Three points as we lose to Ko-oren but defeat Montaña Verde in two thrilling matches

The point against Oberour Ar Moro gave us confidence that we were worthy of competing with the top teams in the world but also reminded us that we had much room to improve. We would now be back at home facing a side we had last faced in a friendly. The last time we faced Montaña Verde was before the Even Frostier Cup as we won the game resoundingly with a 5-2 scoreline. Things since then had changed as Montaña Verde’s side had gotten better. But so had we and going into this encounter we were the favourites to come out with the three points by a mile.
The start of the game however wasn’t like we would’ve hoped as the opposition players immediately pounced on our sluggish start to the game. Things were not as easy as we would’ve hoped. Castiglione was bombing down the right hand side after receiving the ball from defender, Balderas. As she made a sprint down the wings Velntinha moved towards the centre of the field as a deadly attack seemed on for Montaña Verde. Primitivo received the ball in an advanced position of the field looking to make his way towards Sirigu’s goal the Bollonischian fans in the Osborne Arena were tensed. Making his way into the penalty box he comfortably laid the ball off Osito who made full usage of the limited space given to him managing to get a shot off. They scored their first goal as the ball ricocheted off the post completely deceiving Sirigu who couldn’t make heads or tails of it due to the deflection. We had gone behind as the pressure was now on us. We had made a recovery in our game against Oberour Ar Moro, so why couldn’t we hear. The match went on as it would and slowly we inched closer and closer towards that elusive goal. We would’ve wanted to go into half time with the scores equalised with things were not to be as that equalising goal would have to wait for the half time break to come to a conclusion. Right after half time we immediately continued battering Montaña Verde’s players as we received fruition at last. Dennis Perry was once again the scoresheet. It was Hum who started this attack in the depths of defense winning the ball back and playing it to Marshall who had to now drive the ball forward into a scoring chance. Managing to evade a few defenders he played a swift pass to Burns who had made a darting run up front and was in a very good position to put in a cross. Burns let it fly as he put in a cross into the box with Perry looking to get on the end of it. The cross followed a good trajectory as it made its way towards Perry. Perry soared above the Verde defenders heading it into the far corner as all Mateo could do was watch on. This goal blew the game wide open as more goals were certainly to come. And they came sooner than later as it was Montaña Verde who struck back, this time with Montilla who looked to be getting on the scoresheet for the entirety of the game so far. Receiving a good cross from a corner he was put into the best position to once again give Verde the lead.
We were once again on the back foot as we were the ones who needed to equalise. But when determination was there anything was possible and that’s what this match is evidence of. We refused to let go being 2-1 down and unlike the first goal we scored we didn’t wait for it to come, we made it happen. We saw another signature Perry performance as he scored his second of the match this with his foot rather than his head. A brilliant counter attack from a Verde free kick set Perry up perfectly to put a goal into Mateo’s net with a beautiful chip leaving Mateo with nothing to do. And with 5 minutes of the ninety remaining would we see the winning goal the fans at San Pablo so desperately wanted. Well, we would however not in the fashion we would expect. Having won a corner in added time, this would be our last good chance to score a goal. Would Perry get his hat trick? No, but the fans would get to see one of the most humorous incidents on the field. The corner kick put in by Schmit had a bit of extra power on it as it was on its way out. Ingit somehow managed to keep it in with a great header towards the centre of the penalty box and there is was Justin who it came off as it ricocheted towards the goal. Mateo had been caught out as the ball trickled into the opposition goal. This was the goal we had been longing for but it came in the fashion we didn’t expect it to. It was a win nonetheless as we scored three vital points for our campaign and heading into our away game against Ko-oren.
Last edited by Bollonich on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:17 am

NOTE: Due to unforeseen circumstances, Saltsteadish home qualifiers will be moved to the Park der Fründens in Cersehorst until further notice.
The Royal Saltsteadish Football Association
Royal House of Sport, Ashwell

To the administrators of the Great Old Ones Friendship Initiative:

What?

While the Royal Saltsteadish Football Association appreciates the kind response to our letter, we must nevertheless express grave concerns over its contents beyond erroneously failing to capitalise “Van Daal” and taking The Beet seriously.

First, we are concerned about your attempt to cloak your true intentions behind strange formatting and fine print. We are more than happy to provide gifts of tea and crumpets, though I am sure our players and personnel of great faith in the Incommunicable Divine will take much issue with pledging their immortal souls to the worship of eldritch horrors. Some of our more eccentric players may be willing to accommodate this, but we would appreciate that requests of this nature be communicated plainly and clearly in the future.

More importantly, the Association is deeply offended by the blatant attempt to fix the Holy Empire’s qualifying match in Ashwell. Match fixing is a scourge on all sport, one which corrodes the confidence of the public in sportspeople, coaches and governing bodies alike. Honesty and fair play are foundational to the mission of the Association and the prosecution of corruption is a high priority of the Saltsteadish Confederation. We firmly reject the offer of GOOFI to fix the match in the manner suggested, even as nice as the timing suggested may be.

We pray for your understanding and for a fair and sporting game in Ashwell.

With deepest regrets,
Aleksänder Blåuveud
Executive Director, Royal Saltsteadish Football Association

We are and shall be
SALTSTEAD
Nothing more, nothing less

The Royal Olympic Union of the Saltsteadish Confederation
Unity House, Ashwell

Acastanha : Saltstead
World Cup 89 qualifying group stage — Matchday 4
Estadio Nacional de Arra, Arrachai, Acastanha

— and —
Saltstead : Gräntfjall
World Cup 89 qualifying group stage — Matchday 5
Park der Fründens, Cersehorst, Saltstead

Starting line-up (4–5–1): Maximilièn Felicianus; Juliana Grute, Yorgen Åuderlisten, Jån-Robert van Lampreħt, Abigail Benedictus; Aleksänder Hanrats, Andreas Jayer, Abigäl Låuress, Timotheus Uristssen, Jånna Anker; Katelijn Elias
Substitute bench: Claudia Måus, Josepħijn Witland; Sebastièn Åudhås, Manfred Jager, Nico van Andel, Adriana Christopħssen; Annika Frijdrickssen, Victoria Åuderlisten, Christel Wissen, Reinhard Christopħe, Marianne van Laar; Anton Forest

Last edited by Saltstead on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
This space intentionally left
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

Sendhang
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Sendhang » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:33 am

I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX

X
JUST MARIANNE

The 8th CMFA Melayu Archipelago Cup was a disappointing tournament for Teuku Salahudin as he failed to help Sendhang to a single victory as Sendhang lost their last group match to Libonesia. They were knocked out in the group stage at home soil. Sendhangites were not happy. The local media called it a disaster and the opposition politicians called the hosting of the 8th Melayu Archipelago Cup a waste of money. And Salahudin couldn't help but felt guilty. Luckily, the 89th World Cup qualifiers were not far around the corner. So he returned to Tapaklaboh. Proved his worth at club level. And got selected again for the national team.

However, Sendhang opening match in the 89th World Cup qualifiers was away at Valanora, the 5-times World Cup champion. Not the best place to try to redeem yourself. Salahudin has only scored once in his six appearances for Sendhang and Valarona was not the place where he got his second as they failed to score during the match and lost by a single goal. The squad though traveled to Treekidistan for their next match with a little bit of confidence after their applaudable performance at Valanora. Salahudin was again selected for the eighth time to lead the Sendhangite attack. He failed to score in Treekidistan but Sendhang won the match 1-0.

Salahudin was happy with the result despite his failure to score. But the pressure kept mounting. Eight matches, only a single goal that came at home against Lathamford. Gusti Sing Nggawe, his number one challenger to lead the attack scored eight in his first eight matches for the country. The media has started comparing the two with some saying that the small physique of Salahuddin is not suitable for international football.

"I must score tonight," said Salahudin as the team line-up to enter the field inside the Federal Stadium in Kambang for the match against Marianne.

"If you can't score against Marianne, you can't score against nobody," Jorok jokingly replied.

But Salahudin took it seriously. Jorok's words were stuck in his mind as he wander aimlessly on the field at the start of the match. Then in the 5th minute, a penalty kick was awarded to the home side.

"I'll take it," the 21 years old Salahudin quickly took the ball from Ramon Kalbasi who was brought down in the penalty box.

He made no mistake from the spot, sent the goalkeeper the wrong. There was a relief on Salahudin's face as they celebrate the goal. But Jorok came again. "You can only score from the spot, do you?" he jokingly said to Salahudin as they make their way back to the center of the field.

Ten minutes later, the ball drops nicely to Salahudin for a tap-in to make it 2-0. Salahudin was a lot more relieved after the goal. Before Jorok came again. "You can only score a tap-in, do you?" he jokingly said to Salahudin as they make their way back to the center of the field.

A goal each from Ramon Kalbasi and Cezar Nowela after that ensured Sendhang went into the break with a comfortable 4-0 lead. But Salahudin has something to prove. So he went into the second half more spirited, more focused. And in the 66th minute, he scored his first international hattrick after dribbling past two defenders before sending the ball past the goalkeeper into the back of the net. Salahudin ran quickly to Jorok and jumped on his back for the celebration in front of their fanatic fans. "What do you have to say now, huh?" asked Salahudin as they walked back to the center of the field.

"Meh, that's just Marianne," Jorok joked. Salahudin was happy nevertheless. He was relieved. His first hattrick in international football. Two wins from the first qualifying matches. The whole squad returned from international duty with a lot of pride.
Last edited by Sendhang on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports