NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 am

I am pleased to report my picks were no less accurate than a coin flip
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:53 am

Ethel mermania wrote:I am pleased to report my picks were no less accurate than a coin flip

I just hope that Daniel Jones improves to that level.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:37 am

Something i said about the Vikings yesterday.
Jerzylvania wrote:But games are won or lost in the trenches.

Ravens lose to Raiders 33-27 in OT after blowing an early 14 point lead. Apparently they misplaced their entrenching tools midway through the second quarter.

Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize (de plane boss, de plane) could have blocked as well as FA acquisition RT Villanueva (or is that spelled Villianueva)... and Herve, a midget, died back in 1993.

That being said, it was a wild finish. This was a game the Ravens still could have won in OT after Marcus Peters' replacement, CB Anthony Averett, made the endzone int in OT. But no, the OL failed to protect Lamar yet again. Fumble.

KC's DL Chris Jones is going to devour RT Villianueva if there's a repeat performance. Could get Lamar injured. Harbs might wanna start OL Patrick Mekari instead.

BTW, the Ravens were 81-0 when leading by 14 points before boarding de plane, Boss, de plane. Now it's time for leaving Las Vegas. Which may explain why I feel like some Nicholas Cage character this morning.

*looks around the motel room one more time, littered with empty liquor bottles, now where's my Elisabeth Shue*

*expires*

RiderSyl wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Has anyone checked on Jerz?

Too late now.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am

Jerzylvania wrote:Something i said about the Vikings yesterday.
Jerzylvania wrote:But games are won or lost in the trenches.

Ravens lose to Raiders 33-27 in OT after blowing an early 14 point lead. Apparently they misplaced their entrenching tools midway through the second quarter.

Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize (de plane boss, de plane) could have blocked as well as FA acquisition RT Villanueva (or is that spelled Villianueva)... and Herve, a midget, died back in 1993.

That being said, it was a wild finish. This was a game the Ravens still could have won in OT after Marcus Peters' replacement, CB Anthony Averett, made the endzone int in OT. But no, the OL failed to protect Lamar yet again. Fumble.

KC's DL Chris Jones is going to devour RT Villianueva if there's a repeat performance. Could get Lamar injured. Harbs might wanna start OL Patrick Mekari instead.

BTW, the Ravens were 81-0 when leading by 14 points before boarding de plane, Boss, de plane. Now it's time for leaving Las Vegas. Which may explain why I feel like some Nicholas Cage character this morning.

*looks around the motel room one more time, littered with empty liquor bottles, now where's my Elisabeth Shue*

*expires*

RiderSyl wrote:

Too late now.

They also run lamar far to much to keep him healthy long term.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:43 am

I just noticed that everyone except myself and Lumi went with the Vegas Oddsmakers in picking the Packers against the Saints.

Ooof.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Something i said about the Vikings yesterday.

*expires*

Too late now.

That's actually Lamar making the decision about half the time. Man, you can't keep this bird in his cage without that door always being wide open. He's by nature a free bird. If you watch Jackson closely you'll see he's dodging hits from other defenders even as he is falling towards the ground being tackled. LJ has incredible body balance and twisty movement skills. He seems to know where everyone is within the striking proximity of his body space.

I agree with you in the common sense angle of it, but otoh it's a football game and being injured at some point happens to the best of them. Even the most fiercely protected QB of all time, Tom Brady, lost a year (2007) due to a severe injury. His backup QB Matt Cassel earned himself some big $$$ as a serviceable replacement. In fact, Matt won just 36 games in the NFL (11 in 2007 for the Pats). Matt parlayed 2007 into $65 million in total career earnings. The lion's share was paid out by the KC Chiefs.

Injuries are unfortunately part of the game, but there is a bright side which allows other player a chance to shine and prosper. I am confident in Lamar Jackson's backup, Tyler Huntley. Some of his teammates have been quoted saying he's better than Lamar but it's not going to be a pleasant moment if/when that occurs.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am

Shazbotdom wrote:I just noticed that everyone except myself and Lumi went with the Vegas Oddsmakers in picking the Packers against the Saints.

Ooof.

Something akin to a knee jerk reaction. Players gotta fight that urge if they initially feel down in the gut it's wrong. First impressions are always the truest.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

That's actually Lamar making the decision about half the time. Man, you can't keep this bird in his cage without that door always being wide open. He's by nature a free bird. If you watch Jackson closely you'll see he's dodging hits from other defenders even as he is falling towards the ground being tackled. LJ has incredible body balance and twisty movement skills. He seems to know where everyone is within the striking proximity of his body space.

I agree with you in the common sense angle of it, but otoh it's a football game and being injured at some point happens to the best of them. Even the most fiercely protected QB of all time, Tom Brady, lost a year (2007) due to a severe injury. His backup QB Matt Cassel earned himself some big $$$ as a serviceable replacement. In fact, Matt won just 36 games in the NFL (11 in 2007 for the Pats). Matt parlayed 2007 into $65 million in total career earnings. The lion's share was paid out by the KC Chiefs.

Injuries are unfortunately part of the game, but there is a bright side which allows other player a chance to shine and prosper. I am confident in Lamar Jackson's backup, Tyler Huntley. Some of his teammates have been quoted saying he's better than Lamar but it's not going to be a pleasant moment if/when that occurs.

No, there were to many called runs. You are going to turn him into another cam Newton. I am not a cam Newton fan but I think Ron Rivera destroyed him.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

No, there were to many called runs. You are going to turn him into another cam Newton. I am not a cam Newton fan but I think Ron Rivera destroyed him.

What game were you watching last night? Jackson was pressured on 54% of his drop backs. He had to run more than anyone wished him to, including himself.

The saying around here is "Let Lamar be Lamar." No one here is trying to turn him into Cam Newton. That's a ridiculous statement. Perhaps you're hearing too much from big media "personalities" who want to turn LJ into something he isn't. That happens to be an obsession of the national press and especially true of the NYC press, who love nothing more than fucking up people's heads and destroying other teams best talents with their indoctrination. It's aclassic New York mindset. Way too loud, overly opinionated, with questionable intentions, short sighted.

Well, this is Baltimore, son. We say fuck that noise. Historically, we've usually ignore all those know-it-all bastards, going all the way back to the embodiment of it, Howard Cosell.

Ironically, part of the reason your NY Jets have sucked for so long is rooted in the hatchet jobs the NY press does on them. Whenever the Jets get something positive going, this shitty press corp finds some little thing to pick at just for the sake of it. Rex Ryan dealt with it. It's a sickeningly bad habit. These overbearing sports media worms inside that big rotten apple have desensitized many in the Tri-state to their methodology over the decades. Maybe you are in touch with yourself, but on this particular subject i feel you are echoing all their usual BS. /s

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

What game were you watching last night? Jackson was pressured on 54% of his drop backs. He had to run more than anyone wished him to, including himself.

The saying around here is "Let Lamar be Lamar." No one here is trying to turn him into Cam Newton. That's a ridiculous statement. Perhaps you're hearing too much from big media "personalities" who want to turn LJ into something he isn't. That happens to be an obsession of the national press and especially true of the NYC press, who love nothing more than fucking up people's heads and destroying other teams best talents with their indoctrination. It's aclassic New York mindset. Way too loud, overly opinionated, with questionable intentions, short sighted.

Well, this is Baltimore, son. We say fuck that noise. Historically, we've usually ignore all those know-it-all bastards, going all the way back to the embodiment of it, Howard Cosell.

Ironically, part of the reason your NY Jets have sucked for so long is rooted in the hatchet jobs the NY press does on them. Whenever the Jets get something positive going, this shitty press corp finds some little thing to pick at just for the sake of it. Rex Ryan dealt with it. It's a sickeningly bad habit. These overbearing sports media worms inside that big rotten apple have desensitized many in the Tri-state to their methodology over the decades. Maybe you are in touch with yourself, but on this particular subject i feel you are echoing all their usual BS. /s

1. The reason the Jets suck is ownership.

2. Ryan who i like committed coaching suicide with the Jets. And no not the toes thing.

3. Cosell was one of the few people who backed Ali, as well as the players unions.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Okay so not terrible but I am a bit disappointed on how some teams played (I'm looking at you Vikings, Titans, Packers, and Ravens). Anyway, I'm 9-7.

Buccaneers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Colts

Jaguars over Texans
Eagles over Falcons
Washington over Chargers
Bills over Steelers

49ers over Lions
Vikings over Bengals
Panthers over Jets
Titans over Cardinals
Chiefs over Browns
Dolphins over Patriots
Broncos over Giants

Packers over Saints
Rams over Bears
Ravens over Raiders

Washington over Giants
Bills over Dolphins
Bears over Bengals
Broncos over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Rams over Colts
Patriots over Jets
Saints over Panthers
Steelers over Raiders
Eagles over 49ers
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cardinals over Vikings
Cowboys over Chargers
Seahawks over Titans
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:What game were you watching last night? Jackson was pressured on 54% of his drop backs. He had to run more than anyone wished him to, including himself.

1. The reason the Jets suck is ownership.

2. Ryan who i like committed coaching suicide with the Jets. And no not the toes thing.

3. Cosell was one of the few people who backed Ali, as well as the players unions.

And all of that can be true, as is my overview of these a fore mentioned sports media personalities and their destructive critiques and methodology. These people want to amputate LJ's individuality, as in his game. LJ's a generational talent and he does Lamar. Lamar gets himself. He's his own gift to his fans and he loves the game. What the national sports know-it-all media should do is hold their arrogant tongues until they've looked hard and long at their own subjective style and their utter lack of grace. Of course, that will never come to pass because it would be the decent thing to do. I could go on, but I'm sure I've been strident enough in making my point.

Cosell's autobiography "I Never Played the Game" wrecked him. He was a textbook know-it-all bastard that said too much as most narcissists do. He was oddly that horrific car wreck which few could look away from.

Ali's career, his conversion to Islam with name change, his defiance of the draft board, his legal battles, his reborn career, all of it transcended everything. Cosell was less than a pimple on his ass. Personally, I was vocally for him after he KO'd Sonny Liston in 1964. Declared myself a fan right after that first bout. My fascination with the then Cassius Clay frightened the daylights out of my parents and older family members. Eventually, in the 1970s, they feigned getting over it, though poorly. By Reagan's presidency, they pretended it never happened. But, in fact, it really bugged the hell out of them a long time. Such a pity.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Giants over Washington
Dolphins over Bills
Bears over Bengals
Broncos over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Rams over Colts
Jets over Patriots
Saints over Panthers
Raiders over Steelers
49ers over Eagles
Falcons over Buccaneers
Vikings over Cardinals
Chargers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Titans
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Washington over Giants
Patriots over Jets
Broncos over Jags
Dolphins over Bills
Niners over Eagles
Rams over Colts
Steelers over Raiders
Bears over Bungals
Browns over Texans
Saints over Panthers
Cardinals over Vikings
Buccaneers over Falcons
Titans over Seahawks
Chargers over Cowboys
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:13 pm

lets see if i can beat a coin flip this week

Washington
Buffalo
cincinnati
Denver
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Los Angeles rams
New England
New Orleans
san francisco
Tampa
Arizona
Dallas
Seattle
Green bay
Kansas city

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 pm

Shaz's Picks for Week 2 - 2021 Season
Thursday's Games
7:20 CDT
Washington over New York (NFC)

Sunday's Games
12:00 CDT
New Orleans over Carolina
Cincinnati over Chicago
Cleveland over Houston
Los Angeles (NFC) over Indianapolis
Buffalo over Miami
New England over New York (AFC)
San Francisco over Philly Philly
Pittsburgh over Las Vegas
Denver over Jacksonville

15:25 CDT
Arizona over Minnesota
Tampa Bay over Atlanta

15:25 CDT
Los Angeles (AFC) over Dallas
Seattle over Tennessee

19:20 CDT
Kansas City over Baltimore

Monday's Games
19:15 CDT
Green Bay over Detroit
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Oxes Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oxes Republic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:20 am

Whats that smell? Is it the day where I pick football teams less accurate than randomly choosing would? Oh it is.

Football Team over Giants
Raiders over Steelers
49ers over Eagles
Browns over Texans
Broncos over Jaguars
Panthers over Saints
Rams over Colts
Bills over Dolphins (Josh always does well against the Doofins)
Patriots over Jets
Bears over Bengals
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cardinals over Vikings
Titans over Seahawks
Chargers over Cowboys
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
2023-2024 Buffalo Bills Season Failed

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 am

Giants over Washington
Bills over Dolphins
Bears over Bengals
Broncos over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Rams over Colts
Patriots over Jets
Saints over Panthers
Steelers over Raiders
49ers over Eagles
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cardinals over Vikings
Chargers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Titans
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 am

You have a nice sense of humor.
*smells calendar*
Oxes Republic wrote:Whats that smell? Is it the day where I pick football teams less accurate than randomly choosing would? Oh it is.

Football Team over Giants
Raiders over Steelers
49ers over Eagles
Browns over Texans
Broncos over Jaguars
Panthers over Saints
Rams over Colts
Bills over Dolphins (Josh always does well against the Doofins)
Patriots over Jets
Bears over Bengals
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cardinals over Vikings
Titans over Seahawks
Chargers over Cowboys
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions

FTFY (I find usage of always and/or never in this context the equivalent of whistling past the graveyard)

Hoping we get to see the 1 PM Bills at Dolphins game in my area but they'll probably stick us with Raiders at Steelers.

Good luck.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:48 am

Washington over Giants
Bills over Dolphins
Bengals over Bears
Broncos over Jaguars
Browns over Texans
Rams over Colts
Patriots over Jets
Saints over Panthers
Raiders over Steelers
49ers over Eagles
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cardinals over Vikings
Cowboys over Chargers
Titans over Seahawks
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions

Kohr
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 am

NYG
MIA
CIN
DEN
CLE
LAR
NE
NO
PIT
PHI (Saturday night gut feeling change)
TB
ARI
DAL
TEN
KC
GB
Last edited by Kohr on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nlarhyalo
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nlarhyalo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:36 am

Washington over Giants
Patriots over Jets
Broncos over Jaguars
Dolphins over Bills
49ers over Eagles
Rams over Colts
Steelers over Raiders
Bears over Bengals
Browns over Texans
Saints over Panthers
Vikings over Cardinals
Buccaneers over Falcons
Seahawks over Titans
Chargers over Cowboys
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
Θэнижуc элaш Hлařялo / Ðenižus elaš Nlařyalo / Republic of Nlařyalo
--
Hepyёeл 3лaeřo Жэзoя / Neruyoyel Zlayeřo Žezoya / President Zlayeřo Žezoya

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am

Top three players after Week 1.

Lum 11-5
Maine 10-6
Shaz 10-6

Good job. I've always thought picking games in Week 1 was the toughest of all. No detectable rhythm to the season yet.
Week 2 always looked easier. I think that will play out this year for most of the field of players. I'm looking for someone to go 13-3 at least.

Who will it be?

Window Land
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Window Land » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm

Washington over Giants
Bengals over Bears
Browns over Texans
Rams over colts
Bills over Dolphins
Patriots over Jets
49ers over Eagles
Steelers over Raiders
Saints over Panthers
Broncos over Jaguars
Vikings over Cardinals
Buccaneers over Falcons
Cowboys over Chargers
Seahawks over Titans
Chiefs over Ravens
Packers over Lions
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General