NATION

PASSWORD

Cosmos Of Terror Episode 1 (Urban Fantasy Reboot) (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Cosmos Of Terror Episode 1 (Urban Fantasy Reboot) (IC)

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:40 pm

A car stopped outside a clock tower, four men exitin' the vehicle and headed inside, ignorin' the rain that poured down on them as they pulled out their weapons. "Look, I wish I could help you, but it's closing time. Come back tomorrow if you want a tour." The receptionist said to the four men as they walked through the door. Instantly, one of them pulled out a meat cleaver and threw it at her head. The poor girl fell to the ground dead, her killer pullin' the blade out of her skull. The four men continued their murder spree as they continued heading to the top, screams and gunshots echoing through the building. Guards fell left and right as the four men got closer to their goal.

After a couple of hours, they reached the top floor, only to see a black man wearing a bow tie. "You've got to be fuckin' kiddin' me. I was told that this place was owned and guarded by Cronus, not someone that can be taken care of by one of the Wiseguys." One of the two tattooed men wearing business suits said to the others, he and his brother pointin' their Uzis at the man in the middle of the room. "Emasculated Titan or not, he shouldn't be too hard to handle. That giant sun dial is as good as ours." The bald-headed man clad in black leather said as he stared down the owner. "The fuck you smilin' about? We ain't dime a dozen goons that get their asses handed to them at the start of a Spiderman comic! We're Slashers! Cold blooded killers with the powers of '80's Horror icons! You can't beat us!" The body builder said to the owner in rage as he pointed his cleaver at him.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ceystile » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:43 am

Chronos: Clock Tower, New York City
"You've outdone yourself on the bruschetta, Ana." Chronos turned to his wife over their dinner table where she was nursing a tall glass of iced tea. Ananke smiled when he leaned over to kiss her on the cheek and put the glass down. "I learned a lot from the Google they have these days, you can look up all sorts of things on the Internet and find recipes from all over the world."
"Well, that's..." The god's words were cut off when they heard a sudden crash along with a muffled scream downstairs. "What the fuck was that?!" Chronos bolted up to his feet and stopped Ananke when she made to rise. "Absolutely not, you go find somewhere to hide."

"Did you or did you not forget that I'm a god just as well as you, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."
"I'm not going to argue with you over this..." Another crash, and then their door flung open to see four men pouring into their living room, stained with blood and wielding weapons. "Gentlemen, I hope you have a good reason for breaking into my house like this. You see, my wife and I were just having dinner and you've ruined it." He was answered by the pointing of guns, and one shouting "That giant sundial is as good as ours!"
"The sun dial isn't here. And even if it was I wouldn't tell you where..." Chronos' eye twitched, the corners of his mouth pulling into a deep frown. "My name. Is not Cronus." he hissed, and with a wave of his hand the men were frozen into place, fingers hovering above triggers and feet stuck in mid-run. Ananke wrapped her shawl tighter around herself. "You really need to control that temper of yours, darling."
"You know I HATE being called Cronus, it's my big red trigger button! Anyway, we have five minutes before time restarts and we need to get rid of these degenerates."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:15 pm

"What the fuck? We have him dead to rights and now we can't move a muscle. I know that Cronus is associated with time, but freezin' it is somethin' that only happens in movies, bad TV shows, and my favorite episode of the Twilight Zone." The bodybuilder thought to himself as he helplessly stared at the man he was gonna kill for a giant sundial that wasn't even in the clock tower, his meat cleaver still pointed at his target. Normally, if someone was frozen in time, they wouldn't be able to think or track movement. However, he was a slasher. A monster of human origin who gained powers through means no sane man can comprehend. "He must be loco if he thinks I'm scared or impressed by his parlor tricks. Once I can move again, I'm gonna fill him with lead until I run out of bullets. Then I'll club him like a baby seal and send his remains to the kebab shop for good measure. My brother can easily deal with the widow." The tattooed man with the Uzi thought to himself as he stared at the God of Time, his trigger finger still on the trigger.

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:01 am

Flarbinia wrote:"What the fuck? We have him dead to rights and now we can't move a muscle. I know that Cronus is associated with time, but freezin' it is somethin' that only happens in movies, bad TV shows, and my favorite episode of the Twilight Zone." The bodybuilder thought to himself as he helplessly stared at the man he was gonna kill for a giant sundial that wasn't even in the clock tower, his meat cleaver still pointed at his target. Normally, if someone was frozen in time, they wouldn't be able to think or track movement. However, he was a slasher. A monster of human origin who gained powers through means no sane man can comprehend. "He must be loco if he thinks I'm scared or impressed by his parlor tricks. Once I can move again, I'm gonna fill him with lead until I run out of bullets. Then I'll club him like a baby seal and send his remains to the kebab shop for good measure. My brother can easily deal with the widow." The tattooed man with the Uzi thought to himself as he stared at the God of Time, his trigger finger still on the trigger.

Near Clock Tower, NYC

Alan McDonald just walked of the grocery after finishing his shift when he heard a few men talking outside when he saw one man with an uzi. He ducked behind a large van which was located near his car in the grocery store parking lot. Quickly sweating he was hoping he would not be discovered. The men continued talking as Alan peeped around front tires to see a glance. Alan started getting some weird feelings but not sure what they were. It was bad as he could foresee a future death but it was unclear who died. He shook off the feeling peered again around the front tires. This time he thought the men heard and he scurried quietly back inside the grocery store as the grocery store would not close till midnight going to the back where the restrooms were and he hoped they wouldn't follow.
Last edited by Odinburgh on Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:30 pm

Three Vampires feasted on one of the customers as they heard footsteps from the bathroom door, causing to stop. They exited the stall and turned around before they began to run towards the employee, their mouths and clothes stained with the blood of their victims. Suddenly, one of the Vampires is sent flying towards the bathroom wall, cracks forming as the back of his skull was crushed by the impact, killing him instantly. The other two immediately turned their attention to a man who, other than sunglasses and a trench coat that looked like they came straight out of the Matrix, looked like anyone you'd see while driving you car, and began to move like Bishops in a game of Chess. "Clever, for fakes gone feral." The stranger said to the Vampires as he extended his hand towards one of them and removing the head from its shoulders, the only thing keepin' it attached to his body bein' its spine. The last one, enraged and vengeful at the demise of his brothers, charged at the man in the trench coat, only for him to be lifted in their air, its neck being twisted. The stranger in the trench coat grabs the employee and heads out of the bathroom, several vans parking outside the grocery store. "What the Hell is goin' on?" Sal, the owner of the grocery store, asked the man in the trench coat. "Agent Forrest. Homeland Security Division 16. Your employee just witnessed three Doomsday cultists anointing a dirty bomb with the blood of my informant and would've been killed if I hadn't stepped in. I'm going to take him in for questioning, after which he will be sent on a one-way trip to Witness Protection." The stranger in the trench coat said to Sal as he flashed a DHS badge, the owner backing off as men in hazmat suits entered the building and headed into the bathroom. After a few minutes, he entered a rental car with the employee. "Congratulations, Alan McDonald. Fresh Off The Boat and you've already stumbled into a brave new world. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I am Marcus Forelli and if I wasn't in the same building as you, you'd be dead." The stranger in the trench coat said to the Scotsman as he drove away from the grocery store.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am

Flarbinia wrote:Three Vampires feasted on one of the customers as they heard footsteps from the bathroom door, causing to stop. They exited the stall and turned around before they began to run towards the employee, their mouths and clothes stained with the blood of their victims. Suddenly, one of the Vampires is sent flying towards the bathroom wall, cracks forming as the back of his skull was crushed by the impact, killing him instantly. The other two immediately turned their attention to a man who, other than sunglasses and a trench coat that looked like they came straight out of the Matrix, looked like anyone you'd see while driving you car, and began to move like Bishops in a game of Chess. "Clever, for fakes gone feral." The stranger said to the Vampires as he extended his hand towards one of them and removing the head from its shoulders, the only thing keepin' it attached to his body bein' its spine. The last one, enraged and vengeful at the demise of his brothers, charged at the man in the trench coat, only for him to be lifted in their air, its neck being twisted. The stranger in the trench coat grabs the employee and heads out of the bathroom, several vans parking outside the grocery store. "What the Hell is goin' on?" Sal, the owner of the grocery store, asked the man in the trench coat. "Agent Forrest. Homeland Security Division 16. Your employee just witnessed three Doomsday cultists anointing a dirty bomb with the blood of my informant and would've been killed if I hadn't stepped in. I'm going to take him in for questioning, after which he will be sent on a one-way trip to Witness Protection." The stranger in the trench coat said to Sal as he flashed a DHS badge, the owner backing off as men in hazmat suits entered the building and headed into the bathroom. After a few minutes, he entered a rental car with the employee. "Congratulations, Alan McDonald. Fresh Off The Boat and you've already stumbled into a brave new world. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I am Marcus Forelli and if I wasn't in the same building as you, you'd be dead." The stranger in the trench coat said to the Scotsman as he drove away from the grocery store.

"Dead? What is going on here? If it has anything to do with me I am out if in league with some two bit politician. Mister Forelli I just want to be left alone.", Alan McDonald replied. "Not sure why I need witness protection."

Alan McDonald walked out of the stall he was hiding in and went to the bathroom sink to wash his hands. He turned around as he was yanked out of the grocery store and into a rental car.

"I was once considered a joke where I came from. I gave a speech in from the UK parliament. What I laughing stock I became in Great Britain and then I came here to New York City to start my life over. Till now looks like I am going to have run again from guys like you. The rental car is nice but give me one reason why I should trust you."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:07 am

Ananke muttered something under her breath, a ring of blue light surrounded the criminals with a subtle twitch of her fingers before engulfing them with a flash, they eventually disappeared from sight. Chronos leaned against his wife. "Where did you send them?"
"The furthest place the spell would allow at a time, the Bronx. Either way, they won't be back to bother us any time soon."

"You really scare me when you do that shit, you know. But I love it." The two shared a kiss when they heard a crash downstairs, causing them to break apart. "We need to check on the staff, those crazy bastards could've hurt them!"
"Regina's already dead...Clotho just informed me." Chronos said gravely. The eldest of their triplet daughters, the Fates, goddesses of life and death could sense the moment before a person died. "Meat cleaver...I wish you would've let me do something with them, she was an innocent girl."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Forelli's Offer

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:55 pm

Odinburgh wrote:"Dead? What is going on here? If it has anything to do with me I am out if in league with some two bit politician. Mister Forelli I just want to be left alone.", Alan McDonald replied. "Not sure why I need witness protection."

Alan McDonald walked out of the stall he was hiding in and went to the bathroom sink to wash his hands. He turned around as he was yanked out of the grocery store and into a rental car.

"I was once considered a joke where I came from. I gave a speech in from the UK parliament. What I laughing stock I became in Great Britain and then I came here to New York City to start my life over. Till now looks like I am going to have run again from guys like you. The rental car is nice but give me one reason why I should trust you."

"Those things you saw in there were Trădător. Artificial Vampires. People who've traded in their humanity for immortality and some Superhuman abilities. It won't be long before their creator finds out that you were in the same building as their corpses and once they do, it won't be long before their goons track you down, kill you, and make it look like suicide. Consider yourself lucky that you're a "Late Bloomer". If you were a normal person, we'd erase your memories, surgically alter your appearance, and relocate you to another state with a new identity. Instead, you are being given a once in a lifetime opportunity. Join Division 16 and the world will believe you dead, every appearance by you being as easily dismissed as Bigfoot sightings and photos of the Loch Ness Monster. No government has authority over us, for we neither serve the whims of politicians nor rely on them for funding. You will be trained to control and harness your budding gifts, for they are a double edged sword that will destroy you if left unchecked. The cherry on top is that your monthly salary is five times what you made in a year working for Sal. Adequate compensation for the enemies you will be expected to fight." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald as he stopped outside the Scotsman's apartment. "Think about my offer. If you decide to join us, simply call the number on this match box and a car will arrive outside your apartment." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he gave him a match box and opened the door for him, the rain still pouring on its roof.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Ceystile wrote:Ananke muttered something under her breath, a ring of blue light surrounded the criminals with a subtle twitch of her fingers before engulfing them with a flash, they eventually disappeared from sight. Chronos leaned against his wife. "Where did you send them?"
"The furthest place the spell would allow at a time, the Bronx. Either way, they won't be back to bother us any time soon."

"You really scare me when you do that shit, you know. But I love it." The two shared a kiss when they heard a crash downstairs, causing them to break apart. "We need to check on the staff, those crazy bastards could've hurt them!"
"Regina's already dead...Clotho just informed me." Chronos said gravely. The eldest of their triplet daughters, the Fates, goddesses of life and death could sense the moment before a person died. "Meat cleaver...I wish you would've let me do something with them, she was an innocent girl."

A hooded skeleton in a black robe walked up onto the third floor, scythe in hand. "THAT'S ODD. I USUALLY DON'T REAP THIS MANY SLASHER RELATED DEATHS BEFORE OCTOBER, ESPECIALLY IN A CITY. THEY TEND TO STICK TO THE COUNTRYSIDE OR THE WILDERNESS OR SMALL TOWNS OR THE OCCASIONAL SUBURBAN NEIGHBORHOOD." Death said to himself as he swung his scythe, reaping four souls that hadn't moved on after they died. He continued the reaping of souls as he headed further and further up the Clock Tower. After a couple of hours, he reached the top of the Clock Tower. "HELLO, CHRONOS. I'VE NOTICED THAT YOU WILL BE POSTING A LOT OF HELP WANTED POSTERS IN THE MORNING, ON ACCOUNT OF FOUR SLASHERS STEAMROLLING THEIR WAY TO YOU. JUDGING BY THE LACK OF CORPSES ON THIS FLOOR, I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT YOU SENT THEM AWAY. A WISE CHOICE, CONSIDERING THAT SLASHERS HAVE A HABIT OF COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER THEY'VE KILLED. THEY MOST LIKELY WANTED TO FENCE THE SUN DIAL. MAGIC ARTIFACTS ARE VALUABLE ON THE DARK MARKET. HOWEVER, THEY COULDN'T HAVE PLANNED THIS ON THEIR OWN. SOMEONE HIGHER UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN MUST'VE BEEN PULLING THEIR STRINGS." DEATH said to Chronos as he stared at the God Of Time.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:"Dead? What is going on here? If it has anything to do with me I am out if in league with some two bit politician. Mister Forelli I just want to be left alone.", Alan McDonald replied. "Not sure why I need witness protection."

"Those things you saw in there were Trădător. Artificial Vampires. People who've traded in their humanity for immortality and some Superhuman abilities. It won't be long before their creator finds out that you were in the same building as their corpses and once they do, it won't be long before their goons track you down, kill you, and make it look like suicide. Consider yourself lucky that you're a "Late Bloomer". If you were a normal person, we'd erase your memories, surgically alter your appearance, and relocate you to another state with a new identity. Instead, you are being given a once in a lifetime opportunity. Join Division 16 and the world will believe you dead, every appearance by you being as easily dismissed as Bigfoot sightings and photos of the Loch Ness Monster. No government has authority over us, for we neither serve the whims of politicians nor rely on them for funding. You will be trained to control and harness your budding gifts, for they are a double edged sword that will destroy you if left unchecked. The cherry on top is that your monthly salary is five times what you made in a year working for Sal. Adequate compensation for the enemies you will be expected to fight." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald as he stopped outside the Scotsman's apartment. "Think about my offer. If you decide to join us, simply call the number on this match box and a car will arrive outside your apartment." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he gave him a match box and opened the door for him, the rain still pouring on its roof.

"Late bloomer? So the British have been covering up a secret, right? I don't remember anything.", replied Alan McDonald replied.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:29 pm

"You can't remember your unique gifts because they emerged recently, not because of some non-existent cover up by the British government. We will discuss this further if you accept the offer." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he used his telekinesis to get him out of the car. He then closed the door and drove back to headquarters, turning the radio to a frequency known only to Division 16. "Forelli to HQ. Late Bloomer has been safely extracted from the grocery store. Cleanup Crew is performing a full sweep of the bathroom. By the time they leave, there will be no corpses or forensic evidence. As for the owner, Sal bought the Doomsday Cult cover story like it was a limited edition action figure on Black Friday." Agent Forelli said over the radio. "Did he accept the offer?" A female voice asked Forelli as he continued to drive down the road. "Give him time. Joining Division 16 is the kind of decision that can't be rushed, especially for a Late Bloomer." Agent Forelli replied as he took a right turn.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Ceystile wrote:Ananke muttered something under her breath, a ring of blue light surrounded the criminals with a subtle twitch of her fingers before engulfing them with a flash, they eventually disappeared from sight. Chronos leaned against his wife. "Where did you send them?"

A hooded skeleton in a black robe walked up onto the third floor, scythe in hand. "THAT'S ODD. I USUALLY DON'T REAP THIS MANY SLASHER RELATED DEATHS BEFORE OCTOBER, ESPECIALLY IN A CITY. THEY TEND TO STICK TO THE COUNTRYSIDE OR THE WILDERNESS OR SMALL TOWNS OR THE OCCASIONAL SUBURBAN NEIGHBORHOOD." Death said to himself as he swung his scythe, reaping four souls that hadn't moved on after they died. He continued the reaping of souls as he headed further and further up the Clock Tower. After a couple of hours, he reached the top of the Clock Tower. "HELLO, CHRONOS. I'VE NOTICED THAT YOU WILL BE POSTING A LOT OF HELP WANTED POSTERS IN THE MORNING, ON ACCOUNT OF FOUR SLASHERS STEAMROLLING THEIR WAY TO YOU. JUDGING BY THE LACK OF CORPSES ON THIS FLOOR, I CAN ONLY ASSUME THAT YOU SENT THEM AWAY. A WISE CHOICE, CONSIDERING THAT SLASHERS HAVE A HABIT OF COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER THEY'VE KILLED. THEY MOST LIKELY WANTED TO FENCE THE SUN DIAL. MAGIC ARTIFACTS ARE VALUABLE ON THE DARK MARKET. HOWEVER, THEY COULDN'T HAVE PLANNED THIS ON THEIR OWN. SOMEONE HIGHER UP IN THE FOOD CHAIN MUST'VE BEEN PULLING THEIR STRINGS." DEATH said to Chronos as he stared at the God Of Time.

"This is no time to be cracking jokes, fucker. People were murdered." Chronos said blandly as Death swept throughout his clock tower and finally appeared before them, talking about the Slashers that had just attacked them and who might have possibly sent them. Ananke raised an eyebrow at the Reaper. "And how do you know all of this, exactly?" Death had seen a lot of things, but Fate had seen more and even she didn't even think about that possibility. She would've tried to stop it, futile as it may have been.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 am

"I DO NOT JOKE! I MERELY POINTED OUT THAT YOU ARE SHORT STAFFED." Death said to Chronos before turning his attention to Anake. "AS FOR HOW I KNOW THAT THEY WERE SENT BY A BIG FISH, SLASHERS ARE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR INTELLECT. THEIR USUAL VICTIMS ARE TEENAGERS, NOT GODS LIVING IN A HEAVILY GUARDED TOURIST ATTRACTION. EVEN IF THEY DEFEATED YOUR HUSBAND AND FOUND THE MAP TO ITS TRUE LOCATION, THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DECIPHER IT. THAT LEAVES ONLY ONE POSSIBILITY. THEY WERE EXPENDABLE PAWNS THAT COULDN'T BE TRACED BACK TO THEIR EMPLOYER. IF ALLOWED TO CONTINUE ACTING FROM THE SHADOWS, THEIR EMPLOYER WILL NEVER CEASE TO BE A THREAT." Death said to Anake before leaving the clock tower.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Flarbinia wrote:"You can't remember your unique gifts because they emerged recently, not because of some non-existent cover up by the British government. We will discuss this further if you accept the offer." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he used his telekinesis to get him out of the car. He then closed the door and drove back to headquarters, turning the radio to a frequency known only to Division 16. "Forelli to HQ. Late Bloomer has been safely extracted from the grocery store. Cleanup Crew is performing a full sweep of the bathroom. By the time they leave, there will be no corpses or forensic evidence. As for the owner, Sal bought the Doomsday Cult cover story like it was a limited edition action figure on Black Friday." Agent Forelli said over the radio. "Did he accept the offer?" A female voice asked Forelli as he continued to drive down the road. "Give him time. Joining Division 16 is the kind of decision that can't be rushed, especially for a Late Bloomer." Agent Forelli replied as he took a right turn.

"If this means I will have a better life than this I gladly accept. I have been lied before but I will take chance on you. You seem more genuine than most people I ran into.", Alan McDonald replied. He pulled out a picture of his foster parents and slid it back into his wallet. "There must have been a reason I had foster parents. I will never know who my real parents were."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:00 pm

The clouds parted, the rays of the sun illuminating New York as it rose. A beautiful morning, but for Detective David and his partner, it was not one they would be enjoying. Reporters were already on the scene when they arrived at the clock tower, the only thing separating the Press from the crime scene being the police tape and an officer at the scene. "Get these vultures away from my crime scene. They already did enough damage to this department." David said to the officer in a bitter tone as he grabbed the police tape and lifted it over his head, his partner ducking after the tape returned to its previous position. "Alright, everyone. Show's over. The Chief will be giving you a statement once we find more details." The officer said to the reporters as David and his partner entered the clock tower. "Christ. There's more dead in here than a slaughterhouse. We might have a serial killer or two on our hands, Switch." David said to his partner as the four eyed man saw a shell casing on the ground, picked it up with the pair of tongs in his right hand, and put it in a bag. "Last time I checked, serial killers don't fill their victims with lead. Guns are too quick for 'em." "Switch" said to David as he pointed to the bag with the bullet casing with his left hand. "I'm gonna head upstairs. See if the owner of this tourist attraction has anything to say. With any luck, we might be able to be catch these fuckers before they strike again. The sooner these perps are behind bars, the sooner the media circus disappears from the headlines." David said to "Switch" as he began heading up the stairs, "Switch" handing the bag over to an approaching officer before continuing to search for anything else he can find.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 pm

A man in the uniform of a mailman approached the door of Alan's apartment and knocked as loud as he can, an illegally modified Glock concealed in the bag of letters. "Mister McDonald. I've got a special delivery for you to sign." The "mailman" said from his side of the door. After a few minutes of silence, the "mailman" began picking the lock on the door, confident that Alan must either be deep asleep on the couch or have the TV volume turned up if he didn't hear the knock. Once he was finished, the "mailman" turned the knob on the door and pulled the lock on the chain, surprised by how dimly lit the apartment was. He then pointed his gun at the black on the couch and pulled the trigger, all three bullets hitting their mark, only to notice a lack of blood. The "mailman" approached the couch and ripped the blanket off the couch, revealing a stack of pillows. "Sal was right. Alan McDonald's smart for someone who works at the grocery store. Or he probably just left before I arrived. Either way, killing him is worth the thirty mill I've been promised." The "mailman" muttered to himself as he moved to the blackout curtains, noticing a pair of boots sticking out and opening fire, only to hear the tearing of fabric and breaking of glass. "That's six shots down. I've still got four in my mag and three mags left in the bag. Plenty of ammo to kill Alan McDonald, if he's still in the neighborhood." The "mailman thought to himself as he continued searching the apartment for his target.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm

In the car with Agent Forelli he remembered that a package was arriving at his apartment.

"I need to go to my apartment. A package was supposed to arrive today. I ordered some sensitive materials that I need to get. If I don't get it some people might be go hunting for it,"

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Agent Forelli Foils An Attempt On Alan's Life

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 pm

The "mailman" entered the bedroom and saw Alan McDonald under the blanket, assuming that he was asleep. He raised his gun to shoot him, only to be distracted by the terrified shriek of a cat, the bullets missing their target. He quickly dropped his gun and pulled out his knife, ready to end the other man's life, only for his life to be cut down with six gunshots to the back. "It appears the mad scientist has moved faster than expected. Get dressed, pack some clothes, grab your M16, and head to my car. Other assassins are coming and we don't have time for a shootout. I need to get you back to headquarters before they show up. I know you have many questions and I will answer them when we get there, but right now, our priority should be to get you to safety ASAP. Besides, you're unemployed, as the man who tried to kill you most likely killed Sal once your boss spilled the beans on you. You're lucky the son of a bitch was Human or those six bullets wouldn't have been enough to save you." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he used his Telekinesis to remove the blanket, lift him out of bed, and hand him his clothes before heading to the door, closing it, and locking it. He then grabbed a chair and placed it against the door, knowing that some of the more heavily armed assassins will be kicking down the door.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Flarbinia wrote:The "mailman" entered the bedroom and saw Alan McDonald under the blanket, assuming that he was asleep. He raised his gun to shoot him, only to be distracted by the terrified shriek of a cat, the bullets missing their target. He quickly dropped his gun and pulled out his knife, ready to end the other man's life, only for his life to be cut down with six gunshots to the back. "It appears the mad scientist has moved faster than expected. Get dressed, pack some clothes, grab your M16, and head to my car. Other assassins are coming and we don't have time for a shootout. I need to get you back to headquarters before they show up. I know you have many questions and I will answer them when we get there, but right now, our priority should be to get you to safety ASAP. Besides, you're unemployed, as the man who tried to kill you most likely killed Sal once your boss spilled the beans on you. You're lucky the son of a bitch was Human or those six bullets wouldn't have been enough to save you." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he used his Telekinesis to remove the blanket, lift him out of bed, and hand him his clothes before heading to the door, closing it, and locking it. He then grabbed a chair and placed it against the door, knowing that some of the more heavily armed assassins will be kicking down the door.

Then he opened a cabinet and a book with secret plans to something fell down. He quickly grabbed it as the mailman fled after to the car. He handed the plans over to Agent Forelli, "They weren't here for me but these plans I think. They are to a top project I was working on after I hack the UK gov website. It might be some super airplane or something."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Agent Forelli telepathically erased all memory of him from McDonald's mailman before grabbing the blueprints with his mind and read them before folding them up and putting them in his trench coat pocket, the mailman continuing to run from the scene of the failed assassination attempt by the "mailman". "Alan, you fool. You didn't hack the British government. You hacked one of their military contractors and judging by the armament of this proposed bomber design, it was not meant to be sold to their usual customers. Interesting, but that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we get you to headquarters ASAP. I'll help you pack your things if it'll get us out of here faster, but getting your rifle and as much ammunition as you can carry is your responsibility, not mine." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald as he used Telekinesis to grab a suitcase, fill it with clothes, and close it before opening up by the damaged window and heading out with it in tow.

Ceystile
Diplomat

Postby Ceystile » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:16 am

Chronos and Ananke watched Death fade out of sight, turning their attention back to their ruined home and the bodies of their staff that undoubtedly littered the lower levels. Chronos sighed heavily, suddenly looking every bit of his thousands of years of age. "I've got to go make phone calls to the families. We should probably start cleaning up." Ananke nodded, stiff as a statue.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Detective David continued heading up the stairs until he heard a groan from the other side of a nearby door. "Get the paramedics up here. We've got a live one." David said over his radio as he entered the room, the floor covered with bullet casings, bloodstains, and the recently deceased. He searched cubicle by cubicle with his pistol drawn, the walls covered in bullet holes. He heard the groan again and headed to the last cubicle of the ninth row, someone laying on the floor, the hole in the cubicle wall indicating that the man had been tossed through it by one of the attackers. The paramedics arrived shortly after that. "Looks like one of the employees survived this massacre. I'll be asking him questions once he recovers enough." David said to the Paramedics as they approached him, seeing the injured man. "Why didn't you take the elevator? It would've been faster than heading up sixteen flights of stairs." One of the paramedics said to the detective as he loaded him onto a stretcher. "Ask him." Detective David said in an annoyed tone as he pointed to the corpse of a mechanic, tools clutched in his hand, the panel for the elevator still open. Once the employee was being carried downstairs, Switch approached the cubicle, used the tongs to pick up a piece of black leather that was dangling from a piece of cubicle, and place it in a plastic bag. "Looks like one of the attackers thought Hellraiser is in fashion. We might have to visit one of the local shops." David said to Switch as he looked at the piece of leather. "The boys in the lab should be able to determine who bought it, assuming that the killer put it on without wearing gloves." Switch replied, David heading upstairs to talk to the owner.

After a few hours, he reached the top floor, seeing a clean shaven 5 Foot 5 man with clock style patterns on his clothes, the expense of his clothes implying that he was the owner of this tourist attraction. He stopped for a few minutes to catch his breath, then cleared his throat to speak. "Detective David. NYPD. I need to ask you a few questions about the recent mass murder that occurred here." David said to the owner of the Clock Tower as he took out his pen and notepad.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Agent Forelli reached the car and placed the suitcase in the trunk, closing it before turning his attention to the apartment. Suddenly, somebody fired an RPG-7 at side of the building, the explosion weakening the Fire Escape, the red metal bars collapsing under Alan McDonald's weight. Agent Forelli extended his hand and grabbed the falling Scotsman and the belongings he was carrying with his mind, gently lowering him to the ground. "Toss your things in the backseat and get in the car! It appears that whoever is after you sent one of his smarter monstrosities as insurance, both against your survival and the risk that the assassins would blab on him." Agent Forelli said to Alan Mc Donald as he used his mind to pick up what was left of the Fire Escape and toss it at the monster, the red metal bars perforating the beast, killing it. "I don't know if that will be enough for it to stay down, but it should buy us some time." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald as he got in the driver's seat of his car.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:28 am

Flarbinia wrote:Agent Forelli reached the car and placed the suitcase in the trunk, closing it before turning his attention to the apartment. Suddenly, somebody fired an RPG-7 at side of the building, the explosion weakening the Fire Escape, the red metal bars collapsing under Alan McDonald's weight. Agent Forelli extended his hand and grabbed the falling Scotsman and the belongings he was carrying with his mind, gently lowering him to the ground. "Toss your things in the backseat and get in the car! It appears that whoever is after you sent one of his smarter monstrosities as insurance, both against your survival and the risk that the assassins would blab on him." Agent Forelli said to Alan Mc Donald as he used his mind to pick up what was left of the Fire Escape and toss it at the monster, the red metal bars perforating the beast, killing it. "I don't know if that will be enough for it to stay down, but it should buy us some time." Agent Forelli said to Alan McDonald as he got in the driver's seat of his car.

"Insurance? My life isn't worth this. I want answers. Why me?"

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:46 pm

The Alley Behind Alan's Apartment
Agent Forelli used his mind to open the left side door and pull Alan McDonald and his luggage into the car, the door automatically closed as he stepped on the pedal. "You were attacked by Artificial Vampires and survived. As far as their creator is concerned, you know too much. You can never go home now. With a target on your back, the only way to get it off of you is for the world to think you are dead. Division 16 can make it happen once we arrive at headquarters, Agent Alan. With any luck, the Mad Scientist will turn his attention to more important matters than some grocery store worker from Scotland." Agent Forelli said to Alan as he drove down the street, keeping his speed slow enough to avoid attracting unwanted attention.

Unknown Location, The Pacific
Inside a marble chamber, a Demonic hand reached out from the shadows and picked up a phone. "Did you retrieve the Sun Dial? It's not at the Clock Tower. Disappointing, but I'm not surprised. A God Of Time can have some very powerful relics at his disposal. If it is not at his residence, he must've hidden it in a location that he would trust only to a select few. No. You won't be heading back to New York. Judging by what I can see from my diamond ball, your failure brought down a lot of heat. I will have to hire someone else. While I am willing to reward you for providing me with such important information, I will still need to punish you for your failure. Enjoy having twenty-four years out of Hell instead of the thirty-three I was going to give to you and your brother." The Demon Who Sits In Shadow said to the Slasher on the other end of the line as he waved his free hand, souls leaving a jar and heading towards California.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse