NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] It's a Long Way to Salt Town

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] It's a Long Way to Salt Town

Postby Berhakonia » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:01 am

The world was shocked the other day when, long-time @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ ally, Waxonia, revealed a @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ plot to overthrow the democratically-elected government of the country, tarnishing @@NAME@@'s reputation on the global stage. Barely a few hours later, Waxonian representatives would go on to recant their previous accusation, citing faulty intel on their part. Despite the misunderstanding, tensions are still in the air between @@NAME@@ and her neighbour, and a motley crew of delegates and spokespeople have gathered around your office to-

(OPTION) "-Look, this whole mishap was all our fault, and we need to look forward and mend this incident fast, before our citizens are at each other's throats," cuts the Waxonian ambassador to @@NAME@@ rather hurridly. "I propose that we host a televised conference between his emminence, the Grand Duke of the Waxons, and @@LEADER@@ where the both of you issue formal apologies, make up and do whatever politicking that world leaders do. You could even get one of your artists to paint a mural despicting events of mutual cooperation between our two na-"

(EFFECT) @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ offer to split the medical bill when someone else runs them over.

(OPTION) "-Now hold your horses for just one second," booms Atticus @@RANDOMNAME@@, your defense minister and armchair avant-garde literary historian, "why in Catherine Gratwick's rancid left nostril are we sharing responsibility for a blunder we didn't commit? It makes as much sense as a roadkill skunk's undigested stomache bile. We should hold Waxonia responsible for this international humiliation they've brough upon us and sanction them up the wazoo, blockade their ports, flood their streets with dissent, make fun of those awful cardigans their bankers wear and what have you. And baldy over there, with the head shinier than my wife's right armpit, can bugger off back to his own coun-"

(EFFECT) @@NAME@@ is suffering from a severe drought in laughter as nobody is willing to let the other guy have the last laugh.

(Condition: Nations without Autarky enforced)

(OPTION) "Folks, shut your mouths and listen!" Commands your intimidating uncle-in-law as he looks around to make sure no one else will cut him off, "look, these kinds of incidents happen all the time and simmer down before the week is even over. By next Monday, nobody will even remember what a "wax tonio" or an "espiona-sophagus" is, and they certainly won't have any vested interest in old spats. Let's just head down to the local Bigtopian deli and all grab a fresh Waxonian chucksteak sandwich with Daguo snowtruffle shavings and @@DEMONYM@@ sea pickle sauce- I'm famished!"

(EFFECT) Blood feuds are solved with a neighbourhood barbeque and some good food.

(Condition: Nations with Autarky enforced)

(OPTION) "Folks, shut your mouths and listen!" Commands your intimidating uncle-in-law as he looks around to make sure no one else will cut him off, "look, these kinds of incidents happen all the time and simmer down before the week is even over. By next Monday, nobody will even remember what a "wax tonio" or an "espiona-sophagus" is, and they certainly won't have any vested interest in old spats. All this yelling has made me hungry, let's just grab some grub and call it a day."

(EFFECT) Blood feuds are solved with a neighbourhood barbeque and some good food.
Last edited by Berhakonia on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A Confederation of Clans in Fealty to the Imperial Throne of Gobul
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."
-Asrau Arslan XIV Jangpavalgan
Brotherhood, Tradition, Charity

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:40 am

What is the inspiration for this issue? Did it happen in real life?
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:What is the inspiration for this issue? Did it happen in real life?

I just made it up lol
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:47 am

Should I draw more inspiration from real-world events when suggesting issues or is this okay?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Berhakonia wrote:Should I draw more inspiration from real-world events when suggesting issues or is this okay?

You can draw from RL if you want, but you don't have to. I think MI was just trying to understand your intent.

I've deleted the copy of this that you already submitted, but you can still draft it on the forum and submit an improved version. Please allow some time for people to give you feedback. The issues forum is not the fastest-moving place on the internet, and it is normal for draft threads to stay on the forum for days or weeks before the draft is ready to submit.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Where's the salt in your actual draft text? lol

USS Monitor wrote:The issues forum is not the fastest-moving place on the internet

I wish it could be... :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Where's the salt in your actual draft text? lol

USS Monitor wrote:The issues forum is not the fastest-moving place on the internet

I wish it could be... :P

It was a dumb outdated pun that I guess nobody got :^/

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:05 pm

This is an interesting draft. Some things:

The macro is @@NAME@@, not @@NATION@@. Don't sweat it though, this is a very common error.

Remember to use @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ when referring to a noun of @@NAME@@. Your description needs its @@DEMONYM@@s replaced.

The cutting off between, well, sections, is intriguing. That's not a bad thing.

tensions are still in the air between @@NATION@@ and her neighbour, and a motley crew of delegates...

should be
tensions are still in the air between @@NAME@@, her neighbour, and a motley crew of delegates...

For the first effect line, the half is redundant.

The Commands in the last option should be commands.

I don't think the last option would work with Autarky, so maybe make a clone option for nations with Autarky where you replace all the foreign demonyms with @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:15 pm

Minskiev wrote:This is an interesting draft. Some things:

The macro is @@NAME@@, not @@NATION@@. Don't sweat it though, this is a very common error.

Remember to use @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ when referring to a noun of @@NAME@@. Your description needs its @@DEMONYM@@s replaced.

The cutting off between, well, sections, is intriguing. That's not a bad thing.

tensions are still in the air between @@NATION@@ and her neighbour, and a motley crew of delegates...

should be
tensions are still in the air between @@NAME@@, her neighbour, and a motley crew of delegates...

For the first effect line, the half is redundant.

The Commands in the last option should be commands.

I don't think the last option would work with Autarky, so maybe make a clone option for nations with Autarky where you replace all the foreign demonyms with @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@.

Thanks for the input, I'll get straight to fixing the OP.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Berhakonia wrote:Should I draw more inspiration from real-world events when suggesting issues or is this okay?

Issues are about satire. I would prefer that the game satirize real things rather than made-up things. I am not interested in editing issues that have no basis in reality. Obviously, there are exceptions, but generally, that is what I believe.
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:

Issues are about satire. I would prefer that the game satirize real things rather than made-up things. I am not interested in editing issues that have no basis in reality. Obviously, there are exceptions, but generally, that is what I believe.

Well, in that case, this issue harkens to some of the more notorious friendly-fire incidents of the past. I'm sure you could draw some vague similarities to the 2017 US bombing of SDF troops in Syria.

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:47 pm

/bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:53 am

How would Waxonia even get hold of such documents?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?