NATION

PASSWORD

Danternoust Fiction Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Danternoust
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Danternoust Fiction Thread

Postby Danternoust » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:41 pm

A World Order for All Ages

Dire times. Yet the pomp and glamour introduced by the first king of the American Kingdom was unabated, as Patricia Nixon sat in her underground throne room. A extraordinary crisis was at hand, time was breaking down. Space too, if the the experts were to be believed. Minovsky powered mecha were specially prepared for this circumstance, inside the secret American moon base.

Queen Elizabeth was also invited, she was the one who bankrolled the return of royalty to America. And America has taller mountains to put bunkers in. It remains to be seen if the European Commune's leadership was wise to move from Paris to a station orbiting L4.

The Mad Emperor of Japan has finally done it. Or rather his son, right at the place where NERV is to be constructed, a massive four dimensional vortex has appeared, spewing out Angels of many kinds. Unlike his expectations, Armageddon hasn't been in on his side. In fact Japan is slowly rotating into the sea as even Patlabors are mobilized to fight the Angels.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

A World Order for All Ages Pt. 2

Postby Danternoust » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Admiral Mecha-Nimitz stood, eight feet tall, in the flight control tower of the KAS Indefatiguable, processing an extraordinary amount of information in preparation of commencing the first foreign invasion onto Japanese soil in over a century. All below him, on the flat-top, was several dozen mecha, each with the destructive capacity equal to an armored division. Around him, was the Pacific Fleet, fusion powered, and comprised of a hundred supercarriers, a thousand smaller carriers, and tens of thousands of screener ships and other sundry support vessels.

The Mad Emperor of Japan insists that he is in control of the situation, but as the fleet steams onward, it has not been met by Japanese forces. Certainly the situation speaks for itself, and advance intelligence flights speak more. Wrecks of thousands of mecha and patlabors, cities in ruins, some of it molten, and orbital radar satellites detect that the island of Japan itself is rotating, as if it is falling into the Pacific. The situation is beyond out of control, it is destroying the world itself. Worldwide, GPS is down because the theory of relativity has ceased to hold.

But with all the computational capacity Mecha-Nimitz has, there was no better military solution than to deliver a KNOT mine directly to the anomaly itself. And yet, never before Mecha-Nimitz considered the possibility that he would cooperate with the Great Gorkha Empire, advancing from bases in China towards Japan on the other side. God help us all.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

A World Order for All Ages Pt. 3

Postby Danternoust » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:34 pm

"Your majesty - majesties," the aide caught himself as he suddenly glimpsed Queen Elizabeth in the other corner of the room, playing with her corgies. "The Mad Emperor has done it."
Queen Nixon attempted to suppress her surprise, but it showed, "He has... unified the grand theorem? We thought that was considered the least likely outcome, much less objective."
"Yes."
"Oh, well now, we may as well come aboard the Royal Mecha, all roads lead to Tokyo now."

The Royal American and British Mechas, and their respective retinues stood before Fortress Tokyo. Tokyo, a city that continually reinforced their walls and dug their buildings underground since Commodore Perry landed on their shores a century and a quarter ago, as well as the second Mongol invasion of Japan a decade later, it housed a hundred million people (at least according to the last census) all of whom had at least basic training in mecha combat. With sufficient mechas for all of them to individually pilot.

The war was over, most above ground structures damaged had fallen over, given that the island of Japan tilted ten degrees towards the Pacific. All royal and general mechas from the world's monarchies have arrived, awaiting an inevitable coronation ceremony. The Mad Emperor hasn't announced it yet, but it was expected, and such an event was planned for by him, according to all the world's intelligence agencies that have hacked the digital calendar app he uses.

And indeed all roads now lead to Tokyo now, while electromagnetic radiation couldn't travel through the portals that were created, mechas with AT fields in a certain phase can. Long theorized, it has now become reality. And only a fool would refuse to (although not without some regnal dignity) grovel at the Emperor's feet. Certainly considering that Japan had access to the entire world, and even if ruined, is a spartacist state.

And his ludicrous claim to owning the world now has merit.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

A War to Never End

Postby Danternoust » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:34 pm

A critical inability to mobilize French conscripts according to time tables and the use of German motorized artillery led to the collapse of the Western front right before Christmas, and the capture of Paris by New Years. The British made an agreement with the Japanese, for them to occupy French Indochina and various foreign holdings in China, leading to skirmishes and eventually war with the disorganized Republic of China. As the war escalates, the United States elects Charles Evans Hughes with Theodore Roosevelt as Vice President, who pointedly argued that the US was ringed by enemies.

Soon the Kerensky government signs peace with the Germans, while the Japanese establishes a security zone by occupying Vladivostok.

After the Germans agree to purchase more American goods, the British declare unrestricted naval warfare, sinking several American flagged ships. This brings the United States directly into the conflict in 1917, amidst a massive naval buildup. Canada is immediately invaded and the nation quickly surrenders.

Without any specific goals that would bring the war to an end, or an unsustainable loss of human life through land warfare, it continues forever. Certainly the Great Battles of the North Sea in 1918, 1920, 1924, 1929... were all extremely spectacular events, each featuring at least a hundred ships on both sides. Needless to say, trade still flowed between the US and Germany through every route imaginable.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Something that could never happen

Postby Danternoust » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:30 pm

"So, we're under attack. We've detected nucleonic ball lightning in fifteen sectors, so we need to create a military program to divert children towards -"
"Hold up, wait a minute. Has the office down the hall been experimenting with hallucinogenic weapons again?"
"Yes, but let me finish - "
The second guy sighs, gets up, leaves the room and heads down the hall.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:34 am

Personally I am a big fan of what you have written here.
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

FOUND FOOTAGE ENTERTAINMENT

Postby Danternoust » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:13 pm

*camera turns on, showing static and then a blurry image before everything comes into view*
"So, what's it like at SpaceX?"
"Well, it's pretty tedious and manual work, but I get the job done."
"Well, does SpaceX do any science?"
"No, not even biology for some reason. No one tells me why."
"Really now? You don't count screw fasteners or welding as science?"
"Hey, don't give me the third degree over this, I work in cryogenics."

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Short Tale

Postby Danternoust » Sat May 21, 2022 5:13 pm

"You have three wishes."
"This story won't end poorly for me?"
"You can wish for wealth."
"And they are known for their loneliness."
"You can wish for charisma."
"Why won't you say anything about consequences?"
"That is the struggle of life."
"Is this to be some kind of test??"
"It is three wishes; the world is bigger than you or I."
"I want for nothing; I live in a modern world."
"Is this really true?"
"On second thought I have a wish. I wish to be immortal by stealing the bodies and identities of others."
"Evil rarely prospers."
"You do not think we have met before you creature that takes no responsibility?"

Danternoust
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

DUMB TALE

Postby Danternoust » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:38 pm

Person 1: "Guys, I've downloaded how to be a tech billionaire off the internet."
Person 2: "Ehhh?"
Person 1: "It requires copious amounts of hallucinogens and summoning the devil."
Person 2: "What like McAfee?"
Person 3: "So we're developing AI, didn't Musk warn about it being a demon?"
Person 1: "No, no, it's really easy."
Person 2: "Nothing about banking?"
Person 3: "Nothing about useful computer knowledge?"
Person 1: "Nothing about summation?"
Person 2: "I think your business plan needs some work."
Person 1: "I think the stakes are too high to ever think that much about it."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction