NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Yeah, that game was pretty horrible...

It was a smash mouth performance by Billick's Ravens in all three phases of the game, 34-7. No other team in the NFL could have beaten Billick's team on that day.

BTW, Fassel and Billick were close friends. Billick hired him as his offensive coach a few years later.

All professional sports these days are an incestuous business
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 pm

I’m still not over this play. Absolutely gives me chills that Marquise Goodwin went out and played after his son had passed. Anyone who says it’s just a game should hear that story.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:13 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Yeah, that game was pretty horrible...

It was a smash mouth performance by Billick's Ravens in all three phases of the game, 34-7. No other team in the NFL could have beaten Billick's team on that day.

BTW, Fassel and Billick were close friends. Billick hired him as his offensive coach a few years later.

I'm with Jerz on this one. That was one hell of a Super Bowl.
Blowout doesn't mean bad game.
You came to see the best team in the league and the best team proved themselves that day. Crushing the opposition with brutal efficiency.

Close Super Bowls aren't all good ones either. 53 between the Patriots and the Shouldn't Be Heres (Fuck You NFL) was boring as all shit. No it wasn't a "great defensive game" neither team knew how to play offense until the 4th and even then it wasn't good offense either.

It's why 43-8 and the Bucs holding Mahomes of all people to 0 Touchdowns are some of the best displays of football around. Whereas Super Bowls 9, 40, and 47 are pretty lacking.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

You came to see the best team in the league and the best team proved themselves that day. Crushing the opposition with brutal efficiency.

Close Super Bowls aren't all good ones either. 53 between the Patriots and the Shouldn't Be Heres (Fuck You NFL) was boring as all shit. No it wasn't a "great defensive game" neither team knew how to play offense until the 4th and even then it wasn't good offense either.

It's why 43-8 and the Bucs holding Mahomes of all people to 0 Touchdowns are some of the best displays of football around. Whereas Super Bowls 9, 40, and 47 are pretty lacking.

Except 47 was in fact pretty crazy good. Joe Flacco was perfect in the first half and so was the Raven D. In the second half it was lights out and that wasn't on the game but rather the failed fucks at Entergy NO Inc.. Boo on them.
Maybe you meant 33. But 40 was was one lame game and the zebras were horrid just as they were in 53. Both teams' QBs just sucked.
I thought 9 was a helluva defensive game, Tarkenton was a chaotic offensive force but the Steelers muzzled him all day. I think SB 1 & 2 were terrible games. I thought it back in the day i saw them live, and no film of them has ever changed that opinion. The AFL wasn't quite ready yet.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

All professional sports these days are an incestuous business

The stink of Nepotism is all over big business and small.

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I'm with Jerz on this one. That was one hell of a Super Bowl.

Except 47 was in fact pretty crazy good. Joe Flacco was perfect in the first half and so was the Raven D. In the second half it was lights out and that wasn't on the game but rather the failed fucks at Entergy NO Inc.. Boo on them.
Maybe you meant 33. But 40 was was one lame game and the zebras were horrid just as they were in 53. Both teams' QBs just sucked.
I thought 9 was a helluva defensive game, Tarkenton was a chaotic offensive force but the Steelers muzzled him all day. I think SB 1 & 2 were terrible games. I thought it back in the day i saw them live, and no film of them has ever changed that opinion. The AFL wasn't quite ready yet.

And then there was super bowl III

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:23 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

And then there was super bowl III

At the time I hated it. But as the years and decades past and the Jets remained grounded and the Colts limped off to Indy my perspective on SB 3 changed. It's exhibit #1 in a case study of "on any given Sunday".

*many years and decades pass*

Last year or two, the gimpy decrepit std ravaged Joe Namath started pitching Medicare part C during every other commercial break on cable TV, promising this and that and whatever - just call this number. Ethel, he's finally become the annoying washed up laughing stock he should have become on January 12, 1969 had the Colts brought their A game or even their B game. Had the Colts done so we wouldn't have to watch "Broadway Joe" do these pathetic ass redundant insurance commercials. After all, he only bought one guarantee with his soul, courtesy of the devil, and it's not on Medicare part C. Please be advised. :lol:
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:40 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

Pats and Rams made me fall asleep, and I never sleep through Super Bowls.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:45 am

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:And then there was super bowl III

At the time I hated it. But as the years and decades past and the Jets remained grounded and the Colts limped off to Indy my perspective on SB 3 changed. It's exhibit #1 in a case study of "on any given Sunday".

Last year or two, the gimpy decrepit std ravaged Joe Namath started pitching Medicare part C during every other commercial break on cable TV, promising this and that and whatever - just call this number. Ethel, he's finally become the annoying washed up laughing stock he should have become on January 12, 1969 had the Colts brought their A game or even their B game. Had the Colts done so we wouldn't have to watch "Broadway Joe" do these pathetic ass redundant insurance commercials. After all, he only bought one guarantee with his soul, courtesy of the devil, and it's not on Medicare part C. Please be advised. :lol:

As I recall,, The Knicks beat the bullets, and the Mets beat the orioles that year, I understand why it upsets you so

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:06 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

As I recall,, The Knicks beat the bullets, and the Mets beat the orioles that year, I understand why it upsets you so

Not as much as you wish. Let me tell you why....
Any lingering negative reactions to 1969 sports shortfalls in Baltimore were quickly quenched by championships. The Orioles won 108 regular season games the following year (1970 ) then crushed the Reds in the WS. Fun fact: O's won 11 straight to end the season and the first six post-season games. Then the Colts won Super Bowl V to redeem themselves versus hated Dallas giving Baltimore the NFL and MLB championships just 3 months apart and Baltimore supplanted NYC as Title Town. :p

Ah yes, the Bullets NBA franchise (now the Wizards) relocated to Baltimore in 1963. Previously they were the Chicago Zephyrs (lol, for real!) in the then 9 team NBA. Fan interest back then just wasn't anywhere near a parallel with the NFL or MLB. The Bullets played in the smallish Baltimore Civic Center which held under 12,500 - and that is what they left Chicago for!!! They sucked for five seasons then suddenly became contenders after drafting PG Earl "the Pearl" Monroe and C Wes Unseld in successive years (67 & 68). The 1968-69 Knicks had the better team and this result in the finals was no upset. Eventually (ten years later) the Bullets (still in Maryland) did finally beat Seattle with Wes Unseld (MVP) and the great Elvin Hayes leading the way to win the NBA Title. Have to say that wasn't anywhere near as big a deal as the NFL and World Series.

As for the NHL, Baltimore contended for a team in the six team 1966 expansion but was passed over bc the Civic Center was too small. After building the Capital Center near the DC Beltway, Bullet owner, Abe Pollin, secured an NHL expansion team in 1974, the Caps then relocated the Bullets there a few years later.

EDIT: As you know, a city winning a couple of major sports championships within a year happens infrequently. However, Tampa Bay can currently be considered Title Town with the NFL Bucs & NHL Lightening winning championships and the Rays being AL pennant winners. Not bad, even in a shortened pandemic sports season. Maybe even more impressive. Its only been done 17 other times since 1935 when Detroit (surprise!) won the WS, NFL Championship and Stanley Cup.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

It's a sad day for football. The Minshew Mullet is no more.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:31 am

Ameriganastan wrote:It's a sad day for football. The Minshew Mullet is no more.

Probably the biggest and most heartbreaking news this week. Damn. I mean the reporter's right though, Lawrence never could have won the starting job, Minshew's mullet was just better.

Jerzylvania wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Any lingering negative reactions to 1969 sports shortfalls in Baltimore were quickly quenched by championships. The Orioles won 108 regular season games the following year (1970 ) then crushed the Reds in the WS. Fun fact: O's won 11 straight to end the season and the first six post-season games. Then the Colts won Super Bowl V to redeem themselves versus hated Dallas giving Baltimore the NFL and MLB championships just 3 months apart and Baltimore supplanted NYC as Title Town. :p

Ah yes, the Bullets NBA franchise (now the Wizards) relocated to Baltimore in 1963. Previously they were the Chicago Zephyrs (lol, for real!) in the then 9 team NBA. Fan interest back then just wasn't anywhere near a parallel with the NFL or MLB. The Bullets played in the smallish Baltimore Civic Center which held under 12,500 - and that is what they left Chicago for!!! They sucked for five seasons then suddenly became contenders after drafting PG Earl "the Pearl" Monroe and C Wes Unseld in successive years (67 & 68). The 1968-69 Knicks had the better team and this result in the finals was no upset. Eventually (ten years later) the Bullets (still in Maryland) did finally beat Seattle with Wes Unseld (MVP) and the great Elvin Hayes leading the way to win the NBA Title. Have to say that wasn't anywhere near as big a deal as the NFL and World Series.

As for the NHL, Baltimore contended for a team in the six team 1966 expansion but was passed over bc the Civic Center was too small. After building the Capital Center near the DC Beltway, Bullet owner, Abe Pollin, secured an NHL expansion team in 1974, the Caps then relocated the Bullets there a few years later.

EDIT: As you know, a city winning a couple of major sports championships within a year happens infrequently. However, Tampa Bay can currently be considered Title Town with the NFL Bucs & NHL Lightening winning championships and the Rays being AL pennant winners. Not bad, even in a shortened pandemic sports season. Maybe even more impressive. Its only been done 17 other times since 1935 when Detroit (surprise!) won the WS, NFL Championship and Stanley Cup.

This is cool as heck. Like I didn't know any of this. Like the multiple Baltimore championships or the Wizards being the Bullets. Gotta be euphoric to have multiple pro teams win the title.
Last edited by Ranoria on Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 am

Ranoria wrote:

Probably the biggest and most heartbreaking news this week. Damn. I mean the reporter's right though, Lawrence never could have won the starting job, Minshew's mullet was just better.

Jerzylvania wrote:

This is cool as heck. Like I didn't know any of this. Like the multiple Baltimore championships or the Wizards being the Bullets. Gotta be euphoric to have multiple pro teams win the title.

You didn't know that the Wizards' original name was the Bullets? I feel old. It was done because they didn't want to be seen as glorifying violence. I remember at the time the joke going around was that the Washington Bullets wanted to change their name to something less offensive, so they were removing "Washington" from their name.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:19 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Ranoria wrote:

You didn't know that the Wizards' original name was the Bullets? I feel old. It was done because they didn't want to be seen as glorifying violence. I remember at the time the joke going around was that the Washington Bullets wanted to change their name to something less offensive, so they were removing "Washington" from their name.

Don't feel too old, I just don't keep up with basketball. :lol: That is absolutely hilarious though.
Lumi is my NS mom

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:52 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Ranoria wrote:

If I remember right they were the Baltimore bullets at the time

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Much like the Colts there were the Original Baltimore Bullets from 1944 to 1954 and hold the distinction of being the only team in the NBA to have an invalidated title as when the new Bullets came around in 63 they were not given the legacy so there is 1 trophy that has no place anywhere in the NBA.
The Baltimore Bullets we all remember were originally the Chicago Packers (Heresy intensifies) in 61-62 before changing to the Chicago Zephyrs for 62-63, in 63-64 they came to Baltimore and and became the Baltimore Bullets. The Bullets were a pretty fun team with Earl The Pearl Monroe and Wes Unselfish Unsel but their era was too strong for them to have a shot at the title (the fact that the 71 Bucks, 72 Lakers, and 73 Knicks are considered among the greatest teams of all time really puts into perspective how impossibly tough the era was). Then in 1973 they became the Capital Bullets but changed it to Washington Bullets in 1974 and the name has stayed that way until 1997 when they became The became a top 7 Black Sabbath song the Washington Wizards we know today.

Not only did the team win their championship as the Washington Bullets they spent the majority of their existence in Washington. I suppose alliteration (and that awesome early 70s roster) are to blame for the Baltimore Bullets being a more famous name.
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Ranoria wrote:

When the Chicago Zephyrs moved to Baltimore in 1963 the team took the name of a previous and short lived NBA team (admitted from another league) named the Bullets which played in their games in the Fifth Regiment Armory. Hence the name "Bullets". As for the armory, it was built in 1903 and hosted the 1912 Dem convention. And no, i did not attend it that year. Can't really recall why anymore. :lol:

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:20 pm

Ranoria wrote:

Jerzylvania wrote:

It was. And we were starting to get used to it. That's a lesson learned when things went south.

Baltimore also had a division champion NASL team known as the Baltimore Bays which played at old Memorial Stadium between 1967 - 1969. It didn't catch on. Was not yet it's time.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:27 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:If I remember right they were the Baltimore bullets at the time

Much like the Colts there were the Original Baltimore Bullets from 1944 to 1954 and hold the distinction of being the only team in the NBA to have an invalidated title as when the new Bullets came around in 63 they were not given the legacy so there is 1 trophy that has no place anywhere in the NBA.
The Baltimore Bullets we all remember were originally the Chicago Packers (Heresy intensifies) in 61-62 before changing to the Chicago Zephyrs for 62-63, in 63-64 they came to Baltimore and and became the Baltimore Bullets. The Bullets were a pretty fun team with Earl The Pearl Monroe and Wes Unselfish Unsel but their era was too strong for them to have a shot at the title (the fact that the 71 Bucks, 72 Lakers, and 73 Knicks are considered among the greatest teams of all time really puts into perspective how impossibly tough the era was). Then in 1973 they became the Capital Bullets but changed it to Washington Bullets in 1974 and the name has stayed that way until 1997 when they became The became a top 7 Black Sabbath song the Washington Wizards we know today.

Not only did the team win their championship as the Washington Bullets they spent the majority of their existence in Washington. I suppose alliteration (and that awesome early 70s roster) are to blame for the Baltimore Bullets being a more famous name.

Wow. Where did you come up with this additional info, this is great!

I'd heard about the invalidated title once while listening to a game radio broadcast by Bullet announcer, the late Jim Karvelas. I listened to a lot of the games on AM radio in the 1960s. I haven't heard of that thing in years! :)

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Much like the Colts there were the Original Baltimore Bullets from 1944 to 1954 and hold the distinction of being the only team in the NBA to have an invalidated title as when the new Bullets came around in 63 they were not given the legacy so there is 1 trophy that has no place anywhere in the NBA.

I'd heard about the invalidated title once while listening to a game radio broadcast by Bullet announcer, the late Jim Karvelas. I listened to a lot of the games on AM radio in the 1960s. I haven't heard of that thing in years! :)

I'm a bit of a Sports Historian and thankfully basketball is easy as the teams were smaller, the key players were much more important, and the players and coaches that were good typically stayed for A LONG time.

I remember the NBA having an invalid title because a defunct team won it and no one was able to claim it afterwards. I thought maybe it was the Original Bullets but I wanted to make sure so I googled it. Yup it was them and then I listed the history of the New Bullets name and location. I also dropped fun facts about their roster and the era as a whole to show how tough the era was.
And so forth.
Anarchist

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:

I'm a bit of a Sports Historian and thankfully basketball is easy as the teams were smaller, the key players were much more important, and the players and coaches that were good typically stayed for A LONG time.

I remember the NBA having an invalid title because a defunct team won it and no one was able to claim it afterwards. I thought maybe it was the Original Bullets but I wanted to make sure so I googled it. Yup it was them and then I listed the history of the New Bullets name and location. I also dropped fun facts about their roster and the era as a whole to show how tough the era was.
And so forth.

Wes Unseld and elvin Hayes were a hell of a front court

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I'm a bit of a Sports Historian and thankfully basketball is easy as the teams were smaller, the key players were much more important, and the players and coaches that were good typically stayed for A LONG time.

And so forth.

Wes Unseld and elvin Hayes were a hell of a front court

One of my favorite tandems in basketball. Shame there's not enough footage.

Anyway, here's the NBA thread
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=442740&start=1450
Anarchist

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

No, Washington Bullets

Chicago Packers: '61-'62
Chicago Zephyrs: '62-'63
Baltimore Bullets: '63-'73
Capital Bullets: '73-'74
Washington Bullets: '74-'97
Washington Wizards: '97-

We now return you to our regularly scheduled NFL lineup. :D
Last edited by Maineiacs on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Wes Unseld and elvin Hayes were a hell of a front court

One of my favorite tandems in basketball. Shame there's not enough footage.

It wasn't your time. You aren't suppose to see it, but i can tell you it was good. Real good! :lol:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:28 pm

So according to the Pat McAfee Show, none of the Jets QBs have ever completed a pass. Ever.

Um.

Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General