NATION

PASSWORD

Pashinyan offered to trade his son.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is it conscientious for a father to propose his son as a prisoner of war ?

No
38%
Yes
42%
Undecided
16%
Other [Please Specify]
4%

Total votes : 50

Linessia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Linessia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:57 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Ikania wrote:While I respect your good will, this statement stopped meaning anything when Azerbaijan sent troops into Karabakh last year.

Pashinyan made a terrible decision beating his chest and paid for it dearly with the lives of Armenian soldiers and ancestral land. I don't think he'll ever be remembered for much other than being the President who lost Artsakh. This is just a little sad to see.

Heloin wrote:Willing to sacrifice his family to free Armenians from racist warmongers like you. It’s likely he’s not actually offering his son, but your first reaction to the freeing of POWs is that Armenians should be imprisoned for regional “unity” makes it pretty clear that this is little more then your hatred against Armenians showing again.
Look, I want to explain it to you by giving an example.The Turkish government has no territorial claims in Western Thrace, Syria and Iraq. Likewise, the government of Azerbaijan has no desire on the territory of Armenia. However, the Armenian government officially claims the territory of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish governments. Azerbaijan only tried to preserve its territorial integrity guaranteed by the united nations. All the people of the world and the region know this, but the Armenian government does not want to understand it. Heloin, I strongly condemn you calling me a racist. If you want to look for real racists, I suggest you look at the Nationalist Movement Party and the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Armenia

The 'territorial integrity' guaranteed by the United Nations allows the oppressive Azeri-majority government control over an Armenian land which is not theirs to govern.
Christian, pro-life, American. Common sense conservative.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Kubra wrote: Sure, but it was a deliberate boycott. They chose not to participate. If every election or referendum were conducted as you would seem to like, the democratic process would simply cease to function. I could simply ring up the federal government, tell them I'd refused to vote, and the whole thing would have to be scrapped.
Yes, but it was done to protect the honor of the Azerbaijanis who were killed and expelled by the occupying Armenian government. I do not trust the so-called democracy of the occupiers, but the honorable democracy of the people. You really need to look at this matter objectively. It is necessary to approach with an independent fair point of view rather than Muslim Christian parties.

Again: as you have not denied, the region is majority armenian and has been for, well, quite a while. The referendum results were written in stone before they were even tallied, really. "The people" can be said to have favoured enosis, no?
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Kubra wrote: Quick question: why should azeri control be recognised when the region is historically and presently majority armenian?
They resided on the territory of Azerbaijani citizens who were displaced during the 1991 occupation.

I wonder when our dear Hakinda here will call for the Turkish military to leave Northern Cyprus.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:15 pm

Duvniask wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:They resided on the territory of Azerbaijani citizens who were displaced during the 1991 occupation.

I wonder when our dear Hakinda here will call for the Turkish military to leave Northern Cyprus.
Frankly, the irredentism doesn't bother me, merely the hypocrisy of calling oneself a social-democrat but then acting a grey wolf. At least a legitimate grey wolf is honest.
Last edited by Kubra on Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Kubra wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Yes, but it was done to protect the honor of the Azerbaijanis who were killed and expelled by the occupying Armenian government. I do not trust the so-called democracy of the occupiers, but the honorable democracy of the people. You really need to look at this matter objectively. It is necessary to approach with an independent fair point of view rather than Muslim Christian parties.

Again: as you have not denied, the region is majority armenian and has been for, well, quite a while. The referendum results were written in stone before they were even tallied, really. "The people" can be said to have favoured enosis, no?
I think it is wrong to decide on the basis of race, civic nationalism should be more prominent. Let's not forget that the racists were the Nazis. In my opinion, if a real referendum is held with the real citizens of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1991, Azerbaijan will win in this election. however, from the ballot boxes where the dignity of the people is protected, every option that proceeds on the path shown by science should be seen as the will of the people and should be respected.

Kubra wrote:
Duvniask wrote:I wonder when our dear Hakinda here will call for the Turkish military to leave Northern Cyprus.
Frankly, the irredentism doesn't bother me, merely the hypocrisy of calling oneself a social-democrat but then acting a grey wolf. At least a legitimate grey wolf is honest.
I have never been a Ülkücü, if you want to argue with me, please do not slander and insult. I advise you not to resort to slander and insult when you cannot produce logical arguments. I am proud of my social democracy. I don't think they are honest
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:46 pm

Linessia wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Look, I want to explain it to you by giving an example.The Turkish government has no territorial claims in Western Thrace, Syria and Iraq. Likewise, the government of Azerbaijan has no desire on the territory of Armenia. However, the Armenian government officially claims the territory of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish governments. Azerbaijan only tried to preserve its territorial integrity guaranteed by the united nations. All the people of the world and the region know this, but the Armenian government does not want to understand it. Heloin, I strongly condemn you calling me a racist. If you want to look for real racists, I suggest you look at the Nationalist Movement Party and the Armenian Revolutionary Federation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Armenia

The 'territorial integrity' guaranteed by the United Nations allows the oppressive Azeri-majority government control over an Armenian land which is not theirs to govern.

Territorial integrity if a country you like controls it. Self-determination if it's at the expense of a country you don't like. Consistency would be nice.

Great Brytain and Ireland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Brytain and Ireland » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:52 pm

Kubra wrote:
Duvniask wrote:I wonder when our dear Hakinda here will call for the Turkish military to leave Northern Cyprus.

The phrase ‘wolf in sheep’s clothing’ has never been more fitting.
Homepage
Dispatches
Newsletter
The Author
| The United Kingdom :: “Deus Benedicat”
The UK but with a competent government - and vampires.
#FreePalpatine
| BBC | Investigation into the murder of retired vampire minister Sir Lorenzo Clarke turns up few leads, “we’re dealing with a clearly calculated assassination,” say lead investigators.

Samudera Darussalam
Senator

Founded: Aug 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samudera Darussalam » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Kubra wrote: Again: as you have not denied, the region is majority armenian and has been for, well, quite a while. The referendum results were written in stone before they were even tallied, really. "The people" can be said to have favoured enosis, no?
I think it is wrong to decide on the basis of race, civic nationalism should be more prominent. Let's not forget that the racists were the Nazis. In my opinion, if a real referendum is held with the real citizens of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1991, Azerbaijan will win in this election. however, from the ballot boxes where the dignity of the people is protected, every option that proceeds on the path shown by science should be seen as the will of the people and should be respected.

The "real citizens"? What do you mean by real citizens?
Also what is this obsession with science? I don't think the act of voting in this kind of thing involves science.

Tsardom of Alaska
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2021

Postby Tsardom of Alaska » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Is this some Rumpelstiltskin style thing going on?
/s
the guy who is like you know the dude

Linessia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Linessia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Linessia wrote:The 'territorial integrity' guaranteed by the United Nations allows the oppressive Azeri-majority government control over an Armenian land which is not theirs to govern.

Territorial integrity if a country you like controls it. Self-determination if it's at the expense of a country you don't like. Consistency would be nice.

I've opined on exactly one territorial dispute in the entirety of my residence here. No way to even contradict myself, so I'm not sure where you're getting the inconsistency from.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Linessia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:Territorial integrity if a country you like controls it. Self-determination if it's at the expense of a country you don't like. Consistency would be nice.

I've opined on exactly one territorial dispute in the entirety of my residence here. No way to even contradict myself, so I'm not sure where you're getting the inconsistency from.

They're not talking about you, I would presume. After all, that is Hakinda's position on any territorial dispute.
Last edited by Duvniask on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Kubra wrote: A territory that in a every census since 1926 was reported as majority armenian?
And if that were a justification, shouldn't the armenians receive a fair chunk of turkish soil, what with having been displace?
The state exists for the society, but the state should treat the society fairly. The so-called referendum of 10 December 1991 was held in the occupation environment, ignoring the Azerbaijanis. typical middle eastern mentality. A land is taken either by occupation or by the justice of the nation. Occupation is a concept that only fascists will use.

Egemenlik kayıtsız şartsız milletindir
Ինքնիշխանությունն անվերապահորեն պատկանում է ժողովրդին
Sovereignty unconditionally belongs to the People

now you see this is funny because the azeris only boycotted it, they weren't "ignored"

and even if the azeris didn't boycott it they still wouldn't have won

It was unsuccessfully boycotted by the region's Azeri population, which then constituted 20% of its population.

if 20% of the entire population of artsakh - which was 189,085 in 1989, so i think it's fair to add ~1000 people to that to match the 0.3% demographic growth in 1989, so add 0.6% - that would be 38,019 people out of 190,085

so yeah, not even close. this is blatant misinformation lmao
Last edited by Atheris on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:57 pm

Linessia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:Territorial integrity if a country you like controls it. Self-determination if it's at the expense of a country you don't like. Consistency would be nice.

Oh. It's a general statement and not directed to you in particular. I also say this to myself to keep my takes grounded.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Samudera Darussalam wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:I think it is wrong to decide on the basis of race, civic nationalism should be more prominent. Let's not forget that the racists were the Nazis. In my opinion, if a real referendum is held with the real citizens of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1991, Azerbaijan will win in this election. however, from the ballot boxes where the dignity of the people is protected, every option that proceeds on the path shown by science should be seen as the will of the people and should be respected.

The "real citizens"? What do you mean by real citizens?
Also what is this obsession with science? I don't think the act of voting in this kind of thing involves science.
ID card. The light of science is everywhere, but I gave the example of Saudi Arabia or Iran. If religious laws come by election, even if it is fair, I will not respect that election. It is a pity that the terrible ambition of the Armenian government shows that even a father can sacrifice his child in this way. The Armenian people and the region need a leader who accepts their past to contribute to peace. The Turkish people are not the enemies of the Armenians, the politicians are pitting us against each other to make money for the war traders.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:04 pm

Samudera Darussalam wrote:The "real citizens"? What do you mean by real citizens?
ID card. The light of science is everywhere, but I gave the example of Saudi Arabia or Iran. If religious laws come by election, even if it is fair, I will not respect that election. It is a pity that the terrible ambition of the Armenian government shows that even a father can sacrifice his child in this way. The Armenian people and the region need a leader who accepts their past to contribute to peace. The Turkish people are not the enemies of the Armenians, the politicians are pitting us against each other to make money for the war traders.

This. And based.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Kubra wrote: Again: as you have not denied, the region is majority armenian and has been for, well, quite a while. The referendum results were written in stone before they were even tallied, really. "The people" can be said to have favoured enosis, no?

Kubra wrote: Frankly, the irredentism doesn't bother me, merely the hypocrisy of calling oneself a social-democrat but then acting a grey wolf. At least a legitimate grey wolf is honest.
I have never been a Ülkücü, if you want to argue with me, please do not slander and insult. I advise you not to resort to slander and insult when you cannot produce logical arguments. I am proud of my social democracy. I don't think they are honest

Elaborate on why an Armenian majority would vote to be part of Azerbaijan.
I didn't say you were a grey wolf. Actually, I called them more honest than you.
Comrade J. Posadas

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:31 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:ID card. The light of science is everywhere, but I gave the example of Saudi Arabia or Iran. If religious laws come by election, even if it is fair, I will not respect that election. It is a pity that the terrible ambition of the Armenian government shows that even a father can sacrifice his child in this way. The Armenian people and the region need a leader who accepts their past to contribute to peace. The Turkish people are not the enemies of the Armenians, the politicians are pitting us against each other to make money for the war traders.

This. And based.

Have you never interacted with Hakinda before? He’s a genocide denier who considers Armenia a imperialist country of racists who must by removed from their land to make way for Turks.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Heloin wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:This. And based.

Have you never interacted with Hakinda before? He’s a genocide denier who considers Armenia a imperialist country of racists who must by removed from their land to make way for Turks.

While that sucks, it doesn't make false the statement that it's the politicians who usually start wars for their own benefit.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:09 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Heloin wrote:Have you never interacted with Hakinda before? He’s a genocide denier who considers Armenia a imperialist country of racists who must by removed from their land to make way for Turks.

While that sucks, it doesn't make false the statement that it's the politicians who usually start wars for their own benefit.

A broken clock is right twice a day. If he truly believed that he would be attacking Azerbaijan's dictator, not Armenia which was going throw internal issues and couldn’t focus on it’s external threats if it wanted to. Hakinda’s statements about this conflict are to push a narrative to justify ethnic cleansing in the Karabakh, not attack war hawks.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:12 pm

Kubra wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:I think it is wrong to decide on the basis of race, civic nationalism should be more prominent. Let's not forget that the racists were the Nazis. In my opinion, if a real referendum is held with the real citizens of Nagorno-Karabakh in 1991, Azerbaijan will win in this election. however, from the ballot boxes where the dignity of the people is protected, every option that proceeds on the path shown by science should be seen as the will of the people and should be respected.

Elaborate on why an Armenian majority would vote to be part of Azerbaijan.
I didn't say you were a grey wolf. Actually, I called them more honest than you.
Are you trying to call me a liar ? If you don't apologize, I won't talk to you about Nikol Pashinyan and his son, please don't get me wrong, I'm not writing this because of your opinion, everyone should be free to express their opinion freely, but I can't argue with someone who insults me. You are wrong about the Ülkücü, they serve the political Islamists and their supporters. bad people. I made such elaboration because of the culture of the Soviet Union. I repeat, the reason why I did not answer you is not because you are defending Armenia. for slandering me.

Diarcesia wrote:
Heloin wrote:Have you never interacted with Hakinda before? He’s a genocide denier who considers Armenia a imperialist country of racists who must by removed from their land to make way for Turks.

Heloin wrote:I love the Dashnaks, Ազատություն կամ մահ. They defend their homeland from people you support who would see Armenians exterminated from the face of the earth.

I do not slander anyone like Heloin. There is a war in the region under the guise of racism and religion. the reason for this war is money. their justice is as much as the terrorist organization ASALA, which kills civilians supported by the racist dashnak party.
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:28 pm

Kubra wrote: Elaborate on why an Armenian majority would vote to be part of Azerbaijan.
Are you trying to call me a liar ? If you don't apologize, I won't talk to you about Nikol Pashinyan and his son, please don't get me wrong, I'm not writing this because of your opinion, everyone should be free to express their opinion freely, but I can't argue with someone who insults me. You are wrong about the Ülkücü, they serve the political Islamists and their supporters. bad people. I made such elaboration because of the culture of the Soviet Union. I repeat, the reason why I did not answer you is not because you are defending Armenia. for slandering me.

Diarcesia wrote:While that sucks, it doesn't make false the statement that it's the politicians who usually start wars for their own benefit.

Heloin wrote:I love the Dashnaks, Ազատություն կամ մահ. They defend their homeland from people you support who would see Armenians exterminated from the face of the earth.

I do not slander anyone like Heloin. There is a war in the region under the guise of racism and religion. the reason for this war is money. their justice is as much as the terrorist organization ASALA, which kills civilians supported by the racist dashnak party.
If you're saying referendum in the region would show a majority for azerbaijan, it's frankly better if you are dishonest. If you honestly mean it, well, bless your soul, I suppose. It's akin to one Thomas Jefferson calling the war of 1812 "a mere matter of marching".
I, of course, say this meaning no ill-will. I am merely stating what I am observing on this particular topic. Perhaps there are topics in which it is I who is the liar, abstractly theorising away what should be bluntly clear to me.
Yes, the grey wolves are political islamists and turkic supremacists, but they would never say otherwise. What you see is what you get, you feel me? They don't make elaborate excuses for what makes them abhorrent.
Last edited by Kubra on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Comrade J. Posadas

Linessia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Linessia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Linessia wrote:I've opined on exactly one territorial dispute in the entirety of my residence here. No way to even contradict myself, so I'm not sure where you're getting the inconsistency from.

Oh. It's a general statement and not directed to you in particular. I also say this to myself to keep my takes grounded.

Apologies. I assumed you meant me since you quoted me.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:33 pm

Diarcesia wrote:While that sucks, it doesn't make false the statement that it's the politicians who usually start wars for their own benefit.

You are the only one supporting racism and bigotry. You support a dictatorship and call people defending their homes racist in an attempt to slander them.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:34 pm

Linessia wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:Oh. It's a general statement and not directed to you in particular. I also say this to myself to keep my takes grounded.

Apologies. I assumed you meant me since you quoted me.

No worries. I could have worded it better though.

Dowaesk
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 03, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dowaesk » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:33 am

Kubra wrote: Elaborate on why an Armenian majority would vote to be part of Azerbaijan.

Reading your posts make it easier to understand why Hitler took Ataturk as his idol. Theres no war in the name of Religion. Religion is involved as, but your just using it as an excuse to justify genocide.
Dowaesk is a nation set in the year 2041 in the Indian Ocean. An alternative future where Laccadives, Suvadives and Chagos are independent. And these 3 countries along with the Maldives join together to form Dowaesk. Much like how the EU is made up.
-Social Democrat
-Environmentalist
-Moderate
-Modernist Muslim
-Pro-Palestine
-Anti-Kemalist
-Warning: I tend to talk about Maldives a little too much.
A Patriotic Maldivian and a Proud Muslim
FREE PALESTINE
TGs always welcome. Idk. I just like keeping people in my inbox. TG me for my Discord.
#FreeNSGRojava

Member of UDAF
The Amman Message

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General