NATION

PASSWORD

New Cottington PD (Crime Drama|Char RP|OOC|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Abdullah Muhammad Khan
    Appearance: 5 feet 11 inches tall, muscular with a beard, brown eyes and light brown skin. A generally youthful appearance apart from a scar across his cheek (gained from a fight with a drug addict whilst a Probationary Police Officer in uniformed branch).
    Personal Effects: an armband with a ta’wiz, a silver Rolex watch his father bought him when he joined the New Cottington PD at the age of 22, a Greco-Roman wrestling medal from university and a cigar.

Background:
    Backstory: Born into an upper-middle class Muslim family, a third-generation Cottington citizen from a Pakistani family of lawyers, his father was a Judge and his grandfather a successful corporate lawyer (who was also a first generation immigrant).
    He studied at an Ivy League university, majoring in criminology and graduating first class (having intended to be a detective from the age of 11).
    He then joined the New Cottington Police Department and served for two years as a uniformed officer (during which he was praised for bravery by his Sergeant) before becoming a detective.

His interests (outside of work) include his Islamic faith, politics, Urdu poetry and a variety of sports including Greco-Roman Wrestling, Taekwondo (in which he is a black belt) and MMA (in which he is a brown belt).

He has recently got married to his fiancée (an Arab-immigrant Muslim woman named Khadijah)
    who he met at university. Due to the marriage being recent, they are delaying having children.

Despite his abilities and commitment to the force, he personally has homophobic views and is patronising to women including female detectives (but is not a misogynist and despises wife-beaters and rapists).

Am I accepted?
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:51 am

Been kinda takin' a break from RPing for a while, now it's time to get back into it!
Character Description
Name: Joseph "Joey" Romeano
Appearance:

Personal Effects: Instead of driving like a Crown Victoria or whatever he drives a 1995 bright red Suzuki Samurai. It's quite flashy and annoying, but he loves it. He also hates wearing suits, and usually wears a sport coat or something, but he always feels like ties are strangling him and wearing fancy clothes are uncomfortable and a waste of time. But he almost always wears a belt. And really good belts too.

Background:

Backstory: "What, you want me to list my whole life here? C'mon! I got—I got stuff to do, ok, I don't have time for-r aagh, fine. Geez. You want the whole thing? You can get it.

"I was born and raised in New Jersey, in one of the old apartment buildings they've probably knocked down by now. Who knows. Anyway, our building was right on top of a little shop, a belt shop, cause my parents, you know, they made belts. Really good belts. And my grandpa, he made belts in Italy and then he moved to New York and then he made belts here too.

"Of course, since, you know, my parents made belts, and my grandparents made belts, and my great-grandparents made belts, they all wanted me to make belts too, right. Well, I say, you know 'I don't wanna make belts' cause who the hell wants to spent their hole life drilling holes into straps of leather you know? So when I was fifteen, I remember it, they put me in the belt shop and my grandpa tried to teach me. It's not really that hard, like you just need to get the holes all lined up, but it's a lot of measuring and I can't do the same thing over and over again before I just get bored and start doing it worse. And man, it got so boring in there. I knew I had to do something that's, like, not making belts.

"Whenever I wasn't stuck in the belt shop, I'd go around with the neighborhood kids, and we'd play like stickball and stuff. Kid things. I don't know. Anyway, there was this one guy, lived on the other block, a real mean, big guy. He'd go around and bully kids for their money. So one day, I'm walkin' home like at six o'clock or somethin', and this kid, he just jumps outta nowhere, and he's all like 'gimme your money squirt or I'll pound you into dirt'. And before you know it, and before I know it, I whipped out my belt and smack! Whack him across the face.

"I don't think that kid ever came back after this—man I feel like an old person, just tellin' you stories and stories about my life. Eeeeugh. Know what, I'ma skip ahead to where I like came to New Cottington and became a detective, if that's alright with you.

"I majored in Criminal Justice and Law. Double Major. Ahh, I see you're impressed. My first job was with the Chicago PD. I was a detective, but I never had many assignments and my biggest one was trying to solve a civil dispute about a car accident. I spend a couple years there, then I just get fed up, you know? iI just felt like-like I can do more. So I quit the CPD and joined the FBI.

"At first the FBI was like the NYPD, only with more paperwork. It's the government, you know, all about paperwork. But then they get this lead on some Congolese Ivory Smuggler. Just a minor thing, some guy shows up at Port Authority with elephant trunks hidden in his briefcase. They just want me to, you know, find his name. So I do, after a lot of lookin', and then I find his buyer—some rich businessman up in Ithaca, CEO of some shipping corporation. Who knows why the CEO of a shipping corporation is in Ithaca. Anyway, he's buying the tusks from the Congolese guy. And I think-I think, Joey, this is your chance! You can finally bust someone big! So I tell the local authorities not to catch the smuggler. And he goes back to wherever the Congo is, and he gets more tusks. And then he comes back here, and he drives to Ithaca, and I follow him. And the two meet at this little bar downtown, and I stand outside and watch 'em as they like transfer the trunks and all.

"They're sitting at the table in the bar, and I'm watching through these big windows they have in the front. Then one of them—the poacher—stands up and starts to go after the other guy pays him. So then I take out my gun, burst through the door, and point my gun right at the poacher, and yell "FBI! Hands in the air!" So then the businessman, he does what I say and so do, like, the whole bar, except that poacher. He reaches into his jacket and grabs a pistol, and I just, reflexively, BANG! Guy falls to the ground.

"Like ten minutes later, the local police came, and everything's being wrapped up. Businessman arrested. Contraband seized. Local TV crews interviewing me, and I put on quite a show. But then, the FBI Supervisor of my division comes to me, and he says "Get in the car, we're going back to DC." So they take me to this room with a one-way mirror and no windows and just a little light fixture, like you see in movies, and he yells "What the hell are you doing?" It's kind of surprising to me, because I just caught these international criminals, but I wasn't scared or nothin'. I don't get scared much. Anyway, I start going like "Hey, what's goin' on?" and he says, like, I'm getting in trouble for shooting the guy and not reporting this to the higher-ups so they could handle it, and letting an illegal shipment come through the port twice. They say I'm going to be brought to court. Then this other guy, all nicely dressed and skinny so probably a lawyer or somethin', he tells the supervisor that they can't prosecute me because I acted in self-defense when I shot the guy, and in the interest of catching an international criminal when I did the other stuff. I don't know.

"Turns out that this businessman was running shady supply runs for the FBI in other countries, poor ones, like Congo and Myanmar and stuff. The FBI was mad that I stopped him, and it turns out some of those kickbacks from the ivory sales were going to them. I don't know. A whole mess of shit. They fired me from the FBI, and they said if I wanted to get back into law enforcement I needed to prove that I could play nice. So here I am.
Last edited by Madrinpoor on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Abdullah Muhammad Khan
    Appearance: 5 feet 11 inches tall, muscular with a beard, brown eyes and light brown skin. A generally youthful appearance apart from a scar across his cheek (gained from a fight with a drug addict whilst a Probationary Police Officer in uniformed branch).
    Personal Effects: an armband with a ta’wiz, a silver Rolex watch his father bought him when he joined the New Cottington PD at the age of 22, a Greco-Roman wrestling medal from university and a cigar.

Background:
    Backstory: Born into an upper-middle class Muslim family, a third-generation Cottington citizen from a Pakistani family of lawyers, his father was a Judge and his grandfather a successful corporate lawyer (who was also a first generation immigrant).
    He studied at an Ivy League university, majoring in criminology and graduating first class (having intended to be a detective from the age of 11).
    He then joined the New Cottington Police Department and served for two years as a uniformed officer (during which he was praised for bravery by his Sergeant) before becoming a detective.

His interests (outside of work) include his Islamic faith, politics, Urdu poetry and a variety of sports including Greco-Roman Wrestling, Taekwondo (in which he is a black belt) and MMA (in which he is a brown belt).

He has recently got married to his fiancée (an Arab-immigrant Muslim woman named Khadijah)
    who he met at university. Due to the marriage being recent, they are delaying having children.

Despite his abilities and commitment to the force, he personally has homophobic views and is patronising to women including female detectives (but is not a misogynist and despises wife-beaters and rapists).

Am I accepted?

Whoops! Yes, looks good to me!

Madrinpoor wrote:Been kinda takin' a break from RPing for a while, now it's time to get back into it!
[box]Character Description
Name: Joseph "Joey" Romeano
Appearance:
Personal Effects: Instead of driving like a Crown Victoria or whatever he drives a 1995 bright red Suzuki Samurai. It's quite flashy and annoying, but he loves it. He also hates wearing suits, and usually wears a sport coat or something, but he always feels like ties are strangling him and wearing fancy clothes are uncomfortable and a waste of time. But he almost always wears a belt. And really good belts too.

Also accepted!

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:33 pm

This looks like an RP that's of interest to me as someone who's generally a fan of police dramas. Not really feeling huge inspiration for a character at the moment though.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Roster is updated. I should have everybody on there that have finished their apps and been accepted.

Just as a note, I will be gone Mon. through Wed. night at the earliest and maybe Thurs. noon my time. So if there are other apps that are either finished or accepted (or both), you will have to wait for them to be rostered until I get back.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:11 am

Grenartia wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Allison
    Appearance:
Personal Effects: (Note: You are a detective. It is assumed you have a smart suit and, handcuffs, a badge, a Glock-19 etc, etc. etc. You do not need to list that stuff out. This is here for things that make your character unique. Maybe a gun you prefer using or a cool hat?)

Background:
Backstory: Born in Nashville, Allison and her family moved to Bayside Bridge, one of New Cottington's suburbs, when she was 15. After graduating high school she decided to join the BSBPD. Due to a mix of shenanigans (both on and off duty, including a notable incident involving helping several college seniors mount their school's toilets on the roof of the building for their senior prank) and undisclosed, unrelated office politics, she moved to New Cottington proper and joined the NCPD.
[/list]

Character Description
    Name: Allison McCray
    Appearance:
Personal Effects:

Background:
Backstory: Born in Nashville, Allison and her family moved to Bayside Bridge, one of New Cottington's suburbs, when she was 15, after starting her transition and getting bullied in school. After graduating high school she decided to join the BSBPD. Due to a mix of shenanigans (both on and off duty, including a notable incident involving helping several college seniors mount their school's toilets on the roof of the building for their senior prank) and undisclosed, unrelated office politics (she suspects related to her transition, though she has no hard proof of this), she moved to New Cottington proper and joined the NCPD.

Link to the old RP: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294296&hilit=senior+prank
Link to the app: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294296&p=19945912#p19945912

App is finished.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 am

Grenartia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Allison
    Appearance:
Personal Effects: (Note: You are a detective. It is assumed you have a smart suit and, handcuffs, a badge, a Glock-19 etc, etc. etc. You do not need to list that stuff out. This is here for things that make your character unique. Maybe a gun you prefer using or a cool hat?)

Background:
Backstory: Born in Nashville, Allison and her family moved to Bayside Bridge, one of New Cottington's suburbs, when she was 15. After graduating high school she decided to join the BSBPD. Due to a mix of shenanigans (both on and off duty, including a notable incident involving helping several college seniors mount their school's toilets on the roof of the building for their senior prank) and undisclosed, unrelated office politics, she moved to New Cottington proper and joined the NCPD.
[/list]

Character Description
    Name: Allison McCray
    Appearance:
Personal Effects:

Background:
Backstory: Born in Nashville, Allison and her family moved to Bayside Bridge, one of New Cottington's suburbs, when she was 15, after starting her transition and getting bullied in school. After graduating high school she decided to join the BSBPD. Due to a mix of shenanigans (both on and off duty, including a notable incident involving helping several college seniors mount their school's toilets on the roof of the building for their senior prank) and undisclosed, unrelated office politics (she suspects related to her transition, though she has no hard proof of this), she moved to New Cottington proper and joined the NCPD.

Link to the old RP: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294296&hilit=senior+prank
Link to the app: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=294296&p=19945912#p19945912

App is finished.

Looks fine - all good!

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 pm

This question might have been asked so I apologize in advance if that is the case, but what time period is this RP set in?
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Madrinpoor
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Madrinpoor » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Main Nation Ministry, I don't know your discord tag, but a Suzuki Samurai isn't a sports car, just for reference. I should have put a picture in there. It looks like this:

Just for reference :)
MT City-state off the coast of Japan: Sumo wrestling, tech startups, Shintō mobs, gay marriage, Bōsōzuku, taiko drums, zokusha cars, neon signs, skyscrapers, Yakuza, internet, Christians, teen biker gangs, international treaties, inter-city canals, rooftop gardens, Samurai, Internet Explorer, canned beer, and a Shogun. 2002 C.E.
Yooper High Kingdom wrote:If I could describe Mandrinpoor with one word, it would be this: Slick.
Nevertopia wrote:Madrinpoor? More like madrinWEALTH be upon your family, may your days be happy and your burdens be light.

SupportUkraine!
Cuban-American He/him

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Madrinpoor wrote:Main Nation Ministry, I don't know your discord tag, but a Suzuki Samurai isn't a sports car, just for reference. I should have put a picture in there. It looks like this:

(Image)

Just for reference :)

Aw crap.. I gotta do a quick edit.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Alozia wrote:This question might have been asked so I apologize in advance if that is the case, but what time period is this RP set in?

Now

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:39 am

Roster is updated. Allison is now listed. Let me know if I'm missing anyone.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:44 am

Due to other commitments I am recusing myself from this RP and retconning my participation,
Sorry.
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm lowkey interested, this is a cool concept. Might draw up an app depending on how my schedule's going.
yea bro idk

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Hey Main - I'm waiting for you to respond to my character and then I'll post.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Talchyon wrote:Hey Main - I'm waiting for you to respond to my character and then I'll post.

Oh, hang on

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bursken
Envoy

Founded: Sep 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bursken » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Character Description
    Name: Alec Willis Bryant
    Appearance:
    medium-length light brown hair with darker roots, dark green eyes with a hint of stubble. He has a small scar below his left temple from a dog attack

Personal Effects: Has a younger brother and a older sister. Owns a bow and occasionally preaches how it's "the REAL way to hunt" with a few of his mates as a sort of joke that he somewhat believes. He also always wears his dad's ties (unless it needs to be washed) which includes an ugly mustard yellow tie with blue polka dots that was his dad's favorite. Owns a smith & Wesson model 460xvr type revolver that his dad owned

Background:
Backstory: Wanted to be a dentist from a young age until his lawyer mum had an affair with one. His dad was a police officer, and when his dad died on duty when Alec was 17, he decided to follow in his dad's footsteps. He is a polite and charming guy, generally always in a good mood. He is single at the moment, due to his dedication to his work and aloofness around women. His first case was the murder of a young girl, to which he vowed to himself to try to stop anything bad from ever happening to his niece and nephews. this of course is a fools game and he realised it, though he still does his best to help out his sister’s family.
Last edited by Bursken on Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like things and stuff
You like things and stuff
Let's be friends!

We need more happy people. Let’s talk! I’ll try and make you happier

Lefty shmefty

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Hey Main - I'm waiting for you to respond to my character and then I'll post.

Oh, hang on

I have posted for you two.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Bursken wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Alec Willis Bryant
    Appearance:
    medium-length light brown hair with darker roots, dark green eyes with a hint of stubble. He has a small scar below his left temple from a dog attack

Personal Effects: Fences and as such owns a foil (OOC I do it IRL). Owns a bow and occasionally preaches how it's "the REAL way to hunt" with a few of his mates as a sort of joke that he somewhat believes. He also always wears his dad's ties (unless it needs to be washed) which includes an ugly mustard yellow tie with blue polka dots that was his dad's favorite. Owns a smith & Wesson model 460xvr type revolver that his dad owned

Background:
Backstory: Wanted to be a dentist from a young age until his mum had an affair with one. His dad was a police officer, and when his dad died on duty when Alec was 17, he decided to follow in his dad's footsteps. He is a polite and charming guy, generally always in a good mood

You need a bit of flesh on the bones for the backstory... if you need inspiration, explain some of that stuff you've written under personal effects.

Lomun
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Lomun » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Character Description
Personal Effects:
A small camera Kole uses to remind himself of the appearance of crime scenes.
A reference guide for the appearance and purpose of a variety of ballistics.

Background:
Backstory:
Kole grew up in Florence, Montana, near the base of the Bitterroot mountains. His father was an engineer, and his mother was an accountant. Kole's father's real passion, however, was hunting and once Kole turned 14 he dragged him along with him. Rifles and buckshot filled every other weekend from then 'til he turned 18. While he was rubbish at tracking, and not getting lost, he fell in love the mechanisms behind his father's weapons. It also wasn't hard to see how four years in the woods with his father, had caused a little of his attitude to rub off on him. One raging pessimist makes another, as probably no-one says.

After graduating high school, Kole had a choice. He could either follow in his father's career or pursue his passion for gunpowder; he chose the latter. He was accepted to New Cottington University, where he studied forensics (of the ballistic variety) and chemistry. His mother and father stayed behind in Montana. Eight years of living in quite possibly the most corrupt city in the U.S. takes it toll, and if Kole wasn't considered a pessimist before, he certainly was now. While Kole has little love for the seedier side of New Cottington, he learned to avoid thinking about it unless he was required to.

After finishing his studies, he was picked up by the NCPD to join their forensic team. They needed another specialist in explosives and firearms. After working there for two years, he nudged his superiors to see if he could get a little more of an "active" position. He was ultimately recommended for the Serious Crimes Unit, where he was transferred to in early December. His timing was impeccable; his first case, and hopefully not the last, in the SCU would be assigned the next morning...
Last edited by Lomun on Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Warning: Intellectually insufficient human ahead!

P.S. They already have put the warning in the wrong spot!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:49 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Oh, hang on

I have posted for you two.

Excellent! I'll post tomorrow. Oh, and just to let you know, I'll be gone most of next week.

Lomun
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Lomun » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Lomun wrote:
Character Description
Personal Effects:

Background:
Backstory:
Kole grew up in Florence, Montana, near the base of the Bitterroot mountains. His father was an engineer, and his mother was an accountant. Kole's father's real passion, however, was hunting and once Kole turned 14 he dragged him along with him. Rifles and buckshot filled every other weekend from then 'til he turned 18. While he was rubbish at tracking, and not getting lost, he fell in love the mechanisms behind his father's weapons. It also wasn't hard to see how four years in the woods with his father, had caused a little of his attitude to rub off on him. One raging pessimist makes another, as probably no-one says.

After graduating high school, Kole had a choice. He could either follow in his father's career or pursue his passion for gunpowder; he chose the latter. He was accepted to New Cottington University, where he studied forensics (of the ballistic variety) and chemistry. His mother and father stayed behind in Montana. Eight years of living in quite possibly the most corrupt city in the U.S. takes it toll, and if Kole wasn't considered a pessimist before, he certainly was now. While Kole has little love for the seedier side of New Cottington, he learned to avoid thinking about it unless he was required to.

After finishing his studies, he was picked up by the NCPD to join their forensic team. They needed another specialist in explosives and firearms. After working there for two years, he nudged his superiors to see if he could get a little more of an "active" position. He was ultimately recommended for the Serious Crimes Unit, where he was transferred to in early December. His timing was impeccable; his first case, and hopefully not the last, in the SCU would be assigned the next morning...

Am I good? Did I miss something in my app?
Warning: Intellectually insufficient human ahead!

P.S. They already have put the warning in the wrong spot!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:28 am

Lomun wrote:
Lomun wrote:
Character Description
Personal Effects:

Am I good? Did I miss something in my app?

You are good! Excellent app...
Sorry I somehow missed the post despite it being very obvious.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:29 am

Everyone else. If you aren't engaged in one of the lines of investigation already, tell me what your characters want to do!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:34 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Everyone else. If you aren't engaged in one of the lines of investigation already, tell me what your characters want to do!

Sherwood has checked the apartment with Lanzetti. I'm waiting for everyone else, before I can have Sherwood try to identify the person in the pictures.

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse