NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] I Can't Do It Alone, Guys!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] I Can't Do It Alone, Guys!

Postby Daarwyrth » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:36 am

CURRENT DRAFT:
[Title] I Can't Do it Alone, Guys!

[Validity] Has Autocracy

[Description] With your hands firmly placed on the wheel that steers the ship of state, some in @@NAME@@ have started to reluctantly whisper amongst themselves whether you possess all the skills and knowledge necessary to manoeuvre it across what can sometimes be turbulent and treacherous seas, and whether there's enough advisors around you to help you navigate them.

[Option 1] "No one in this room questions your wisdom or intelligence, your Excellency," begins your Chief of Staff with an unwavering smile, as aides nod dutifully along @@HIS@@ sides. "But even someone as excellent and accomplished as yourself isn't omniscient, and what a cosmic oversight it is! Yet perhaps you'll entertain the idea to increase the size and scope of your advisory staff? I'm sure your loyal subjects will gladly foot the bill for the increased expenses of the administrative budget, if it means you'll make even better decisions for them..."

[Effect 1] things have been looking up for anyone with two cents to spare

[Option 2] "A buzzing hive of faceless sycophants isn't what you need," slyly offers your Director of Scapegoating. "You need someone public, something face and front to catch all the blame for a bad decision for you. I propose we install a parliament in a purely advisory capacity, of which the members you'll appoint. Supporters or troublemakers, take your pick. Yet when their advisory vote turns out bad for the public, guess who's going to be shamed and removed as a threat to the general public? Not you, your Excellency."

[Effect 2] images of the nation's parliamentarians can often be found under 'invertebrates' in dictionaries

[Option 3] "Or you could simply claim to always be following the will of the divine," a voice not unlike your own sounds thoughtfully inside your head. "People have fallen for the 'I'm the Chosen of the Gods!' trope before, why couldn't they do so again? You'd probably be able to make a proper religion out of it. Probably even a mandatory one, too. Huh, not a bad idea!"

[Effect 3] @@LEADER@@'s existence is questioned as many prayers for a better life go unanswered

[Option 4] "Hmm, omniscience... what if we made you truly appear all-knowing?" notes celebrity technocrat Ellie Mask. "I'd like to put a chip inside your brain that won't only allow you to play sick beats inside your head, but will also connect you to a vast database with information on everything and everyone. You'll probably have to sit still for a while to process all the information in front of your eyes, but can you imagine the awe and fear you'll inspire, greeting your enemies by listing their entire browser history? Yeah, you'll be unstoppable..."
[Validity] Has high Scientifc Advancement

[Effect 4] @@LEADER@@ is known for being a stiff know-it-all

DRAFT 4:
[Title] I Can't Do it Alone, Guys!

[Validity] Has Autocracy

[Description] With your hands firmly placed on the wheel that steers the ship of state, some in @@NAME@@ have started to reluctantly whisper amongst themselves whether you alone possess all the skills and knowledge necessary to manoeuvre it across what can sometimes be turbulent and treacherous seas.

[Option 1] "No one in this room questions your wisdom or intelligence, your Excellency," begins your Chief of Staff with an unwavering smile, as aides nod dutifully along @@HIS@@ sides. "But even someone as excellent and accomplished as yourself isn't omniscient, and what a cosmic oversight it is! Yet perhaps you'll entertain the idea to increase the size and scope of your advisory staff? I'm sure your loyal subjects will gladly foot the bill for the increased expenses of the administrative budget, if it means you'll make even better decisions for them..."

[Effect 1] things have been looking up for anyone with two cents to spare

[Option 2] "A buzzing hive of faceless sycophants isn't what you need," slyly offers your Director of Scapegoating. "You need someone public, something face and front to catch all the blame for a bad decision for you. I propose we install a parliament in a purely advisory capacity, of which the members you'll appoint. Supporters or troublemakers, take your pick. Yet when their advisory vote turns out bad for the public, guess who's going to be shamed and removed as a threat to the general public? Not you, your Excellency."

[Effect 2] images of the nation's parliamentarians can often be found under 'invertebrates' in dictionaries

[Option 3] "Or you could simply claim to always be following the will of the divine," a voice not unlike your own sounds thoughtfully inside your head. "People have fallen for the 'I'm the Chosen of the Gods!' trope before, why couldn't they do so again? You'd probably be able to make a proper religion out of it. Probably even a mandatory one, too. Huh, not a bad idea!"

[Effect 3] @@LEADER@@'s existence is questioned as many prayers for a better life go unanswered

[Option 4] "Hmm, omniscience... what if we made you truly appear all-knowing?" notes celebrity technocrat Ellie Mask. "I'd like to put a chip inside your brain that won't only allow you to play sick beats inside your head, but will also connect you to a vast database with information on everything and everyone. You'll probably have to sit still for a while to process all the information in front of your eyes, but can you imagine the awe and fear you'll inspire, greeting your enemies by listing their entire browser history? Yeah, you'll be unstoppable..."

DRAFT 3:
[Title] I Can't Do It Alone, Guys!

[Validity] Has Autocracy, has high Authoritarianism(?)

[Description] Despite your iron fist as the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to ask questions whether you posses the expertise required to make the correct decisions on all subject areas concerning the state and society.

[Option 1] "Your wisdom and intelligence are beyond question, your Excellency," grovels your Chief of Staff. "But even an excellent and accomplished being such as yourself isn't omniscient, and I curse the universe for this oversight every day! Yet might I, a humble and unworthy servant of your will, advise you to increase the size and scope of your advisory staff? I'm sure your loyal subjects will gladly foot the bill for the increased expenses of the administrative budget, if it means you'll make even better decisions for them..."

[Effect 1] @@LEADER@@'s new advisory board is often dubbed 'the Hivemind'

[Option 2] "A faceless group of sycophants isn't the way forward," offers your Director of Scapegoating with a sly smile. "You need someone public, something face and front that can catch all the blame for a bad decision for you. I propose we install a parliament in a purely advisory capacity, of which the members you'll appoint. Supporters or troublemakers, your pick. Yet when their advisory vote turns our bad for the public, guess who's going to be shamed and publicly tried for treason? Not you, your Excellency."

[Option 3] "Or you could simply claim to always be following the will of the divine," a voice not unlike your own sounds thoughtfully inside your head. "Surely no one would dare to question the voice of God telling you what decision to make? You'd probably be able to make a proper religion out of it. Probably even a mandatory one, too. Huh, not a bad idea!"

[Effect 3] @@LEADER@@ism demands that 'the Vessel of the Divine' gets a new summer palace each year

[Option 4] "Hmm, omniscience... what if we made you truly appear all-knowing?" notes celebrity technocrat Ellie Mask. "I'd like to put a chip into your brain that won't only allow you to play sick beats inside your head, but will connect you to a vast database with information on everything and everyone. You'll probably have to sit still for a while as you process the information in front of your eyes, but can you imagine the awe and fear you'll inspire, greeting your enemies by listing their entire browser history? Yeah, you'll be unstoppable..."

DRAFT 2:

[Validity] Has Autocracy

[Description] As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question whether you posses the expertise required to make the correct decisions on all subject areas concerning the state and society.

[Option 1] "Your wisdom and intelligence are beyond question, your Excellency," grovels your Chief of Staff. "But even an excellent and accomplished being such as yourself isn't omniscient, and I curse the universe for this oversight every day! Yet might I, a humble and unworthy servant of your will, advise you to increase the size and scope of your advisory staff? I'm sure your loyal subjects will gladly foot the bill for the increased expenses of the administrative budget, if it means you'll make even better decisions for them..."

[Option 2] "A faceless group of sycophants isn't the way forward," offers your Director of Scapegoating with a sly smile. "You need someone public, something face and front that can catch all the blame for a bad decision for you. I propose we install a parliament in a purely advisory capacity, of which the members you'll appoint. Supporters or troublemakers, your pick. Yet when their advisory vote turns our bad for the public, guess who's going to be shamed and publicly trialed for treason? Not you, your Excellency."

[Option 3] "Or you could simply claim to always be following the will of the divine," a voice not unlike your own sounds thoughtfully inside your head. "Surely no one would dare to question the voice of God telling you what decision to make? You'd probably be able to make a proper religion out of it. Probably even a mandatory one, too. Huh, not a bad idea!"

[Effect 3] @@LEADER@@ism demands that 'the Vessel of the Divine' gets a new summer palace each year

[Option 4] "Hmm, omniscience... what if we made you truly appear all-knowing?" notes celebrity technocrat Ellie Mask. "I'd like to put a chip into your brain that won't only allow you to play sick beats inside your head, but will connect you to a vast database with information on everything and everyone. You'll probably have to sit still for a while as you process the information in front of your eyes, but can you imagine the awe and fear you'll inspire, greeting your enemies by listing their entire browser history? Yeah, you'll be unstoppable..."

DRAFT 1:

[Validity] Has Autocracy

[Description] As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question whether you posses the expertise required to make the correct decisions on all subject areas concerning the state and society.

[Option 2] "And what if we'd add in a flair of illusion, your Excellency?" offers your chief propagandist with a sly smile. "I've already heard foreign media denounce you as a cruel dictator. Foul lies, all of them, but we can play with the optics here. Reinstate the parliament in a purely advisory capacity, and appoint your most loyal and supportive experts from relevant subject areas as its members. That way you'll both have expert opinions on matters too trivial for your notice, while appearing to listen to the will of the parliament."

[Effect 2] images of the nation's parliamentarians can be found under 'invertebrates' in foreign dictionaries

[Option 3] "Or you could simply claim to always be following the will of the divine," offers your personal chaplain, while perusing through a selection of new, gilded robes. "Surely no one would dare to question the voice of God telling you what decision to make?"
[Validity] Has high Religiousness

[Effect 3] theologians feverishly try to find a link between God's will and @@LEADER@@'s new summer palace

[Option 4] "Hmm, omniscience, illusions... what if we made you appear all-knowing?" notes celebrity technocrat Ellie Mask. "I'd like to put a chip into your brain that won't only allow you to play sick beats inside your head, but will also connect you to a vast database with information on everything and everyone. You'll be able to access any data on the fly, and can you imagine the awe and fear you'll inspire, greeting your enemies by listing their entire browser history? Yeah, you'll be unstoppable..."

[Effect 4] @@LEADER@@ is a true know-it-all
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:19 pm

Options 1 and 2 are rather similar. Both are appointing people capable of giving you non-binding advice, except with or without an extra dose of corruption.

As for option 3, it honestly seems more likely that a religious character would want you to give power to the priesthood, rather than counselling you to claim divine inspiration yourself. (Surely, if you're hearing the voice of God telling you what to do, you would already know this, rather than needing to be told by someone else? The only time someone else would advise you to claim this, rather than doing it of your own initiative, is if that person knows it's probably not true and just wants you to lie, which is an unlikely position for a genuinely-religious person.)

Option 4... well, NationStates has AIs, so I can't say for sure what is or isn't possible, but it definitely wouldn't work that way in real life. Even if you have the ability to access the internet directly from your brain, you're still limited in how fast you can parse new information, let alone understand highly-technical stuff. It would require huge and improbable breakthroughs in neurology for such a chip to be any better than a mobile phone.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Sat May 08, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm

This is silly, even by NS standards. Even ancient rulers who claimed to be God-empororers secretly had a tram of advisor's working for them
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat May 01, 2021 1:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:This is silly, even by NS standards. Even ancient rulers who claimed to be God-empororers secretly had a tram of advisor's working for them

Who says there are no advisors? If you reread Option 1 it clearly states it intends to enlarge/broaden the advisory board, not introduce one.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat May 01, 2021 2:08 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:This is silly, even by NS standards. Even ancient rulers who claimed to be God-empororers secretly had a tram of advisor's working for them

Who says there are no advisors? If you reread Option 1 it clearly states it intends to enlarge/broaden the advisory board, not introduce one.

Oh, I see
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 am

New draft is up with the criticism expressed earlier addressed! New feedback and commentary is more than welcome :)
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat May 08, 2021 5:05 pm

It's at least partially reminiscent of #1126, but with a more generic framing. It's not a problem right now, just something to beware of.

Come to think of it, a good deal of "old" issues deal with highly specific niches that could potentially block a more general issue from publication later on (but then more general issues still pass through) so maybe this is just a useless comment.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun May 09, 2021 6:48 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:It's at least partially reminiscent of #1126, but with a more generic framing. It's not a problem right now, just something to beware of.

Come to think of it, a good deal of "old" issues deal with highly specific niches that could potentially block a more general issue from publication later on (but then more general issues still pass through) so maybe this is just a useless comment.

A valid point! I'll keep it in the back of my head as I continue drafting :)
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sun May 09, 2021 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Esthe
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Esthe » Sun May 09, 2021 6:52 am

I like it. Honestly, there isn’t really anything to change to make it better, because it’s perfect.
And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun May 09, 2021 7:06 am

Esthe wrote:I like it. Honestly, there isn’t really anything to change to make it better, because it’s perfect.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon May 17, 2021 11:50 am

Any new thoughts or comments on the draft? :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Traden
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 am

I don't like it.
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon May 17, 2021 11:52 am

Traden wrote:I don't like it.

Can you explain why?

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Thu May 27, 2021 4:51 pm

As it has been a little bit, any thoughts or comments?

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat May 29, 2021 4:35 am

Why would a despot need to ask anyone's permission to place more advisors in cabinet? Just do it? Who's gonna stop you? The other cabinet members? Maybe, but they'd need them as much as you do

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat May 29, 2021 4:58 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why would a despot need to ask anyone's permission to place more advisors in cabinet? Just do it? Who's gonna stop you? The other cabinet members? Maybe, but they'd need them as much as you do

Which is why the option is there :P @@LEADER@@ isn't asking permission, it's a suggestion of what to do or how to approach the subject. And @@LEADER@@ has the option to pick that and say "yes, I'm doing this" or they can choose anything else they want.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:08 am

New thoughts or comments? :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017

Postby Candensia » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:04 am

Not all Autocracies are the same. Click on Candensia, and you'll see that it has the "Autocracy" and "Monarchy" policies. You'll also see that it has "Superb" civil rights, and "Some" Political Freedom. Candensia would be eligible to receive this issue, so let's take a look at what I'd see.

As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question whether you posses the expertise required to make the correct decisions on all subject areas concerning the state and society.

A bit heavy handed, forgive the pun. Autocracy in NS is simply the absence of democratic elections. That does not necessarily mean the nation turns into a totalitarian dictatorship. I think you need to decide whether this issue should be valid for ALL autocracies, or ONLY autocracies that also have low civil/political rights. Your options seem to lend more to the latter choice.

If you decide to keep all autocracies eligible for this issue, the intro needs to be more neutral about the level of control @@LEADER@@ has. Saying that leader has extensive influence over national affairs is probably okay, saying @@LEADER@@ rules exclusively, and with an iron fist is not. You'd also need to tone down the options.

If you decide to restrict this issue to only autocracies with low freedoms, I think you should take a look at this sentence in the description.

As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question...

This strikes me as somewhat contradictory. Yes, it is important that @@LEADER@@ be qualified for rule, if @@LEADER@@ rules exclusively, but those circumstances don't lend well to people naturally asking questions. In this issue, timid and reluctant voices ask questions *despite* @@LEADER@@'s immense power, not *because* of it.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:38 pm

Candensia wrote:Not all Autocracies are the same. Click on Candensia, and you'll see that it has the "Autocracy" and "Monarchy" policies. You'll also see that it has "Superb" civil rights, and "Some" Political Freedom. Candensia would be eligible to receive this issue, so let's take a look at what I'd see.

As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question whether you posses the expertise required to make the correct decisions on all subject areas concerning the state and society.

A bit heavy handed, forgive the pun. Autocracy in NS is simply the absence of democratic elections. That does not necessarily mean the nation turns into a totalitarian dictatorship. I think you need to decide whether this issue should be valid for ALL autocracies, or ONLY autocracies that also have low civil/political rights. Your options seem to lend more to the latter choice.

If you decide to keep all autocracies eligible for this issue, the intro needs to be more neutral about the level of control @@LEADER@@ has. Saying that leader has extensive influence over national affairs is probably okay, saying @@LEADER@@ rules exclusively, and with an iron fist is not. You'd also need to tone down the options.

If you decide to restrict this issue to only autocracies with low freedoms, I think you should take a look at this sentence in the description.

As your iron fist is the sole guiding hand of the nation, several timid and reluctant voices have started to question...

This strikes me as somewhat contradictory. Yes, it is important that @@LEADER@@ be qualified for rule, if @@LEADER@@ rules exclusively, but those circumstances don't lend well to people naturally asking questions. In this issue, timid and reluctant voices ask questions *despite* @@LEADER@@'s immense power, not *because* of it.

You raise absolutely valid points about the issue draft! The assumption regarding autocracies was indeed an error on my part, as I should have realised that there is a thing as a constitutional dictatorships, and scenarios which you described. As such, I have currently tweaked the issue draft to be for nations with Autocracy AND high Authoritarianism. Do you think that would work? Or would it be better to replace the "high Authoritarianism" validity with "medium to low Civil and Political rights"?

EDIT: I admit that I am considering a rewrite for all autocracies. I mean, it would be a valid question even in more benevolent dictatorships, I imagine.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Candensia wrote:If you decide to keep all autocracies eligible for this issue, the intro needs to be more neutral about the level of control @@LEADER@@ has. Saying that leader has extensive influence over national affairs is probably okay, saying @@LEADER@@ rules exclusively, and with an iron fist is not. You'd also need to tone down the options.

Alright, I decided to go for this option in the newest draft, after all! Do you think it fits nations like yours better now? :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:14 am

I think it's decent, but I'm still worried about this objection:
Australian rePublic wrote:Even ancient rulers who claimed to be God-empororers secretly had a tram of advisor's working for them
Yes, as you pointed out in response, the first option of the draft does imply you already have an advisory staff (but the opening does not, saying "you alone") and merely need to make it "larger". However, the issue doesn't actually push you towards some particular size that is considered to be "optimal". It assumes that, no matter how large your current advisory staff is, it is always not enough. So, I think you might need a better excuse for "why is my advisory staff not already working properly?" to keep players from complaining "doesn't my nation already do this?".

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:13 am

How about an option to execute some of your current advisors, as an encouragement to the rest -- and any that you now add -- to do better?
:evil:
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Trotterdam wrote:I think it's decent, but I'm still worried about this objection:
Australian rePublic wrote:Even ancient rulers who claimed to be God-empororers secretly had a tram of advisor's working for them
Yes, as you pointed out in response, the first option of the draft does imply you already have an advisory staff (but the opening does not, saying "you alone") and merely need to make it "larger". However, the issue doesn't actually push you towards some particular size that is considered to be "optimal". It assumes that, no matter how large your current advisory staff is, it is always not enough. So, I think you might need a better excuse for "why is my advisory staff not already working properly?" to keep players from complaining "doesn't my nation already do this?".

I agree, that it is a valid concern, yeah. I have tweaked the premise somewhat to include a line in the new draft that hopefully addresses this concern. Do you think it does so properly? Or should I write a more detailed reasoning?
Bears Armed wrote:How about an option to execute some of your current advisors, as an encouragement to the rest -- and any that you now add -- to do better?
:evil:

Another very valid remark! However, to keep in line with what Candensia said about not all autocracies being the same, I think adding in an option that does what you propose would push the narrative more into what it was before :P I think I'll leave it out for now, yet I'll keep the idea in the back of my mind!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 am

I think this can be moved to last call, so any final comments and remarks would be wonderful!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:18 pm

This issue draft has been submitted. Thank you for all the comments and feedback, everyone! :)

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Next

Advertisement