NATION

PASSWORD

Longest Market Auction?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Frokolia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Longest Market Auction?

Postby Frokolia » Thu May 06, 2021 10:21 am

A few days ago I was part of an auction that lasted more than 4 hours before I dropped out, and I got curious. What was the longest time it took for a card to go from the newest auction to actually being sold?
please check out my factbooks ion want it to be a performance for one D:
World Maps
Political Parties
Embassy Program

18.11.1933 - Köseroff Times | Int. News: Argentine independence restored following election of Alfredo Palacios to presidency • Sudanese War ends unexpectedly; riots reported in major cities in Sudan • Californian, Mexican and Chilean officials 'greatly disturbed' by descriptions of Arikosil • Australia joins the Pacific Federation | National News: Operation 'Guten Morgen' commences with UDO invasion of western Russia • Auffenberg calls for Vonsyatsky to surrender; Vonsyatsky responds, 'over my cold, rotting corpse'

enby + pan
an OOC thing

The Champions League
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Champions League » Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 am

This dispatch takes a look at that: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1344316
To answer your question and based on the dispatch, 18,027 minutes or around 12.5 days

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 am

The above-mentiond dispatch is the reason that auctions can only get to 1 hour 1 minute on the timer.

For the above auction, there were stretches where we would work it up a couple of hours knowing that all bidders had to go to bed.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Frokolia
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Frokolia » Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am

Damn, this trading card discord seems to be filled with madlads! Thanks for the answer btw

12.5 days! Feckin' incredible!
Last edited by Frokolia on Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Maps
Political Parties
Embassy Program

18.11.1933 - Köseroff Times | Int. News: Argentine independence restored following election of Alfredo Palacios to presidency • Sudanese War ends unexpectedly; riots reported in major cities in Sudan • Californian, Mexican and Chilean officials 'greatly disturbed' by descriptions of Arikosil • Australia joins the Pacific Federation | National News: Operation 'Guten Morgen' commences with UDO invasion of western Russia • Auffenberg calls for Vonsyatsky to surrender; Vonsyatsky responds, 'over my cold, rotting corpse'

enby + pan
an OOC thing

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am

I was so honored for that 12.5 days of fame. ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu May 06, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Frokolia
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Frokolia » Thu May 06, 2021 11:06 am

I can only imagine how annoyed the people were, the ones just trying to buy the damn card lol
World Maps
Political Parties
Embassy Program

enby + pan
an OOC thing

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am

Frokolia wrote:I can only imagine how annoyed the people were, the ones just trying to buy the damn card lol

To be a tad humble, I didn't think a lot of people were buying my card in droves, at least bar before this 99:59:59 auction thing, hehe. For the most parts, those who collected my card were often my friends, or a few people here and there getting those Epic collections. There wasn't much contest then, but the event definitely helped. :blush:

But yes, I decided to get in on the action and sold 2 cards of my own, which one of them I got gifted back. I have 20 copies of my S1 card now, which I wouldn't mind getting more, but I need to save for a deck expansion. ^^
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards