NATION

PASSWORD

The Vanished Wilderness [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon May 03, 2021 6:07 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:*prods Ultar*

Do you really want to annoy the person you're trying to get a good price out of?

Try a gentle patting or a soothing whisper.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 03, 2021 6:08 am

Auphelia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:*prods Ultar*

Do you really want to annoy the person you're trying to get a good price out of?

*caresses Ultar*
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon May 03, 2021 6:11 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:*caresses Ultar*

Trying to get an extra noble, are we? I suppose there a customers enough to go around.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 03, 2021 6:14 am

Auphelia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:*caresses Ultar*

Trying to get an extra noble, are we? I suppose there a customers enough to go around.

I think Ultar can get me much more than just an extra noble. Good prices on everything he sells and everything he buys? Yes please.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon May 03, 2021 8:54 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

*caresses Ultar*

Don't make Ultar call the Wardens on you :p
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon May 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Folks, you're welcome to move on to day 3, I'll have myself and events caught up tomorrow. I'm officially done with a semester of college as of ~30 minutes ago, so NS has me for a straight two weeks once I wake up in the morning.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue May 04, 2021 2:40 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Folks, you're welcome to move on to day 3, I'll have myself and events caught up tomorrow. I'm officially done with a semester of college as of ~30 minutes ago, so NS has me for a straight two weeks once I wake up in the morning.

Oh, how lovely for you! Congratulations on your success and your studies.

SC #307

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue May 04, 2021 7:33 pm

My bad, I spent 90% of today napping, and the rest scheming for G's RP :p Events are around a quarter done, if you got one who know who you are, the rest will be done tomorrow. Ralnis, your hunt results are up first when I wake up.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue May 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Alright, my plan is to follow them around as they prospect for iron deposits, but we would need to find a way to sustain long-term mining operations by...three people. A (semi)permanent settlement is on order.

Long-term goals:
-Built a mud-brick house
-Build a plot on which to farm tubers
-Create an earthen bloomery

And to those ends, here are some short-term goals:
-Find flint for flint tools
-Create flint tools (axe, hoe, chisel, spade)
-Create flint weapons (3 spears)
-Find tubers
-Create mud-bricks (using mud and long grass)

Secondly, do we have some sort of "tech tree" on which to use expansion points?
Last edited by Palmyrion on Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Palmyrion wrote:Secondly, do we have some sort of "tech tree" on which to use expansion points?

I believe that our expansion points are far less linear. While we cannot simply go about inventing guns or teleporters or the like, I am under the impression that we can add anything from animal taming to glass working, with no set pattern on how it must be done. Just be reasonable and think of what would make sense for the possibilities presented by the setting.

SC #307

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue May 04, 2021 9:31 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:Secondly, do we have some sort of "tech tree" on which to use expansion points?

I believe that our expansion points are far less linear. While we cannot simply go about inventing guns or teleporters or the like, I am under the impression that we can add anything from animal taming to glass working, with no set pattern on how it must be done. Just be reasonable and think of what would make sense for the possibilities presented by the setting.

And I figure learning the ability to create flint tools and mud-brick houses will need expansion points or nah?
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality

Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 4:14 am

Palmyrion wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

And I figure learning the ability to create flint tools and mud-brick houses will need expansion points or nah?

Presumably so.

Though you should know Gregor’s next goal, after establishing a nascent source of income, is to begin a tool-making industry from copper. So you can just buy copper tools, probably just about the time your first set will begin wearing out.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 4:16 am

Palmyrion wrote:And I figure learning the ability to create flint tools and mud-brick houses will need expansion points or nah?

Presumably so.

Though you should know Gregor’s next goal, after establishing a nascent source of income, is to begin a tool-making industry from copper. So you can just buy copper tools, probably just about the time your first set will begin wearing out.

We could tag team since I would think a hunting and adventuring lodge will be good for business. Especially for equipment and repairing.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 6:23 am

Ralnis wrote:
Presumably so.

We could tag team since I would think a hunting and adventuring lodge will be good for business. Especially for equipment and repairing.

Well, assuming you can find customers, sure.

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 am

Anyone wanna head out to Aherrad and meet up with us? Could use a lumberjack and a farmer here.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 am

Palmyrion wrote:Anyone wanna head out to Aherrad and meet up with us? Could use a lumberjack and a farmer here.

I'm a hunter so I can come meet you guys when I get my rolls to see if I snagged anything to sell.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed May 05, 2021 9:47 am

Palmyrion wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

It would, though just as G is planning on starting a copper tool industry, we'll be pumping out iron tools as soon as we have a smelter and smithy up in Aherrad - which honestly probably won't take all that long.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:And I figure learning the ability to create flint tools and mud-brick houses will need expansion points or nah?

It would, though just as G is planning on starting a copper tool industry, we'll be pumping out iron tools as soon as we have a smelter and smithy up in Aherrad - which honestly probably won't take all that long.

Iron schmiron. Cheap copper! Outfit yourself for a cheap price for any occasion! When you think tools, think Nevis tools today.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 am

Already up to 4 colonists? Holy shit.

Also, I’m assuming we’re ready to move to Day 3?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed May 05, 2021 10:01 am

Lazarian wrote:Already up to 4 colonists? Holy shit.

Aye, aye. I'm working up the willpower to get my ass moving and finish day 2 rolls, but you're free to move to day 3 in the meantime.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am

Gotta recruit that domestic labor as swiftly as possible - the secret is that the true currency of any frontier is neither gold, nor silver, nor skill. ‘Tis sweat.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed May 05, 2021 10:05 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Aye, aye. I'm working up the willpower to get my ass moving and finish day 2 rolls, but you're free to move to day 3 in the meantime.

Can I have them work as my accomplices to establish a mafia?

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

The smelter would need...60 blocks of cut stone and five starns of clay.
A furnace needs 30 blocks of cut stone or 90 mud-bricks.
The anvil will require 20 ingots of iron.

Hmm, I guess I made the right choice of trying to make flint chisels for the job. Can I use 1 Expansion Point for flint tools, or would this be not worth it?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 am

Palmyrion wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:It would, though just as G is planning on starting a copper tool industry, we'll be pumping out iron tools as soon as we have a smelter and smithy up in Aherrad - which honestly probably won't take all that long.

The smelter would need...60 blocks of cut stone and five starns of clay.

Hmm, I guess I made the right choice of trying to make flint chisels for the job. Can I use 1 Expansion Point for flint tools, or would this be not worth it?

You don't actually need a proper chisel to make cut stone - a pickaxe will do the job. I could be persuaded to arrange an increased work pace with a dedicated chisel, but flint probably wouldn't cut it.

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Wed May 05, 2021 12:33 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:The smelter would need...60 blocks of cut stone and five starns of clay.

You don't actually need a proper chisel to make cut stone - a pickaxe will do the job. I could be persuaded to arrange an increased work pace with a dedicated chisel, but flint probably wouldn't cut it.

I see. Though, I could start off with making flint hoe so I can get to working on a small plot of land that I can grow tubers on.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse