NATION

PASSWORD

Why do my forum posts keep getting locked?

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kingdom Of Deutchland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Why do my forum posts keep getting locked?

Postby Kingdom Of Deutchland » Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm

I have done nothing wrong, why is this happening??

Forest Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest Republic » Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 pm

Here's the short version of my post:
  • I'm not a moderator, I'd just like to help you out.
  • The flag thread was probably locked because it focused on negatives rather than positives.
  • The COVID thread was probably locked because most people don't want to think about that while roleplaying.
  • When posting in threads that ask you to react to the above user like that 911 call, usually you should leave something for the next user to react to.
  • Personally, I think it is best to mainly post in roleplaying threads that have [Open] in the title.
  • Further questions like this should be asked in the Moderation thread, but be especially careful not to spam there (do not spam anywhere, but definitely not there since it makes it extra hard for moderators to do their jobs).
  • Finally, if you need help understanding the site, I'm comfortable with the basics of it so feel free to shoot me a telegram/message.

Here's the longer version:
To be clear, I am not a moderator not am I associated with their team in any way. I just want to help a fellow user out.

For the topic about flags, even if you didn't intend for it to come across this way, some people could see it as rude. Compare your 'Which flag is uglier' topic to that popular 'Which flag is better'. First, the two topics are similar enough that there's not much need for both. If you want to post in that topic, here's the link (just please be kind to our fellow users, we're all here to have fun!): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=489761

Second, by asking which flag is better, it encourages players to focus on the positives. Even though, yes, by saying one is better they are also saying the other is worse, ultimately that topic is about finding greatness in a flag. On the other hand, asking to choose an uglier one focuses on the negatives and finding flaws. Ultimately someone is going to get upset when the flag they worked hard on is called the ugliest. For your COVID topic, NationStates is meant to be an escape from reality and bringing that touchy topic into a roleplaying thread might bother some people. Keep in mind, they may have lost a loved one because of the virus.

I also took a look at some of your other posts and I'd like to offer a few tips to make things more fun for you.
In posts like this 911 call thread and this leader's question thread, it's best to respond to the person who posted right before you did and then leave something for the next person. It's fun to see how people react to whatever cool or whacky stuff you come up with.

As for the stuff that went down in that IDSF thread, it's generally best to post in threads that have something like (Open) or [OPEN] in the title. I'd recommend just ignoring anything that says "Closed" or "Only...", but if you really want to join you can always send a telegram to the thread host.

Also, in the future questions like this are normally best asked in one of these two forums, depending on if they relate to moderation rules or just how the forum works, while posts in these National and Intentional forums are reserved for playing as the leaders of your country. I'll request this thread gets moved to Moderation for us. Finally, if you've got any other questions or just aren't sure what to do, feel free to shoot me a telegram and I'll do my best to help.
Unless stated otherwise, this nation does not represent my personal views. With that being said, if there is an issue with the portrayal of this nation please let me know. The Forest Republic is a left-leaning parliamentary republic that advocates welfare and civil rights while trying to avoid going to war. I will not use more than one nation in a single thread without permission and generally all of my other countries will want to fight one another. Within reason, you do not need my permission to defeat me or kill my characters. I prefer the roleplaying opportunities that losing offers.

Return to Moderation