NATION

PASSWORD

TYT's own audience lashes out at them for disputing the DSM

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

TYT's own audience lashes out at them for disputing the DSM

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 04, 2021 3:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimF3esREac

The story started about half an hour ago, so I'd suggest rewinding about half an hour. Basically a CIA recruitment video brought up an employee's anxiety disorder and Ana mentioned that this sort of thing comes across as an excuse for whining and is why millennials aren't taken seriously by other generations. Her own audience flew off the handle at her, more than I've ever seen in all my years of watching TYT, for daring to doubt the social sciences.

You know, the same social sciences that gave us "surveys". The same surveys respondents famously lied to in 2016.

Their next story was on on big pharma withhholding vacciness from the rest of the world now, so whether she ties this into big pharma's perverse incentive to play up "mental illnesses" to push pills on people or not remains to be seen. I'm guessing she won't.

Any of you can catch up if you play the video on 1.25x. (Or 1.5x, if you're feeling bold.) Something tells me this is going to be an interesting night.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue May 04, 2021 3:39 pm

wat

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Tue May 04, 2021 3:53 pm

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IimF3esREac

The story started about half an hour ago, so I'd suggest rewinding about half an hour. Basically a CIA recruitment video brought up an employee's anxiety disorder and Ana mentioned that this sort of thing comes across as an excuse for whining and is why millennials aren't taken seriously by other generations. Her own audience flew off the handle at her, more than I've ever seen in all my years of watching TYT, for daring to doubt the social sciences.

You know, the same social sciences that gave us "surveys". The same surveys respondents famously lied to in 2016.

Their next story was on on big pharma withhholding vacciness from the rest of the world now, so whether she ties this into big pharma's perverse incentive to play up "mental illnesses" to push pills on people or not remains to be seen. I'm guessing she won't.

Any of you can catch up if you play the video on 1.25x. (Or 1.5x, if you're feeling bold.) Something tells me this is going to be an interesting night.

Except anxiety disorder is 100% a real thing and not just an excuse.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm

Deserved.

Anxiety disorders can ruin people's lives. It isn't a fake excuse.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 04, 2021 4:22 pm

New Jacobland wrote:Deserved.

But is it the "disorder" itself that does so, or the sense of victimhood perpetuated by medicalizing it?
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Tue May 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Do have to wonder why it appears to society that Millennials are the only generation that seems to only suffer from massive levels of Anxiety collectively, not even the Zers are seen as that uptight.

Then again that also falls on the common belief I've seen in places that Millennials weaponize their anxiety to get their way. Usually using something like "Triggered College student Video number 472" as evidence.
Last edited by The Lone Alliance on Tue May 04, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:

But is it the "disorder" itself that does so, or the sense of victimhood perpetuated by medicalizing it?

The disorder. This is a stupid question.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm

I mean, after Cenk basically endorsed child rape on air, I thought we all knew there was no bottom.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:Do have to wonder why it appears to society that Millennials are the only generation that seems to only suffer from massive levels of Anxiety collectively, not even the Zers are seen as that uptight.

Then again that also falls on the common belief I've seen in places that Millennials weaponize their anxiety to get their way. Usually using something like "Triggered College student Video number 472" as evidence.

Same reason society complains about this generation's music or clothing or whatever. They said the same shit in the 60s when the mods and rockers were bashing each other in.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Galloism wrote:I mean, after Cenk basically endorsed child rape on air, I thought we all knew there was no bottom.

And continued to support their name "The Young Turks" despite the group being historically Racist Ultra-nationalists.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:Do have to wonder why it appears to society that Millennials are the only generation that seems to only suffer from massive levels of Anxiety collectively, not even the Zers are seen as that uptight.

Because it only started to become a major socioeconomic issue and entered into the minds of many around the time millennials became adults?

Also, miss me with that "zoomers don't have as much anxiety" bullshit. Zoomers have the exact same amount, if not even more. Hell, I know 4 people with anxiety alone (5 including myself, although I don't have an anxiety disorder); I have a friend group of about 11 or 12, and we're all zoomers.
Last edited by Atheris on Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Galloism wrote:I mean, after Cenk basically endorsed child rape on air, I thought we all knew there was no bottom.

And continued to support their name "The Young Turks" despite the group being historically Racist Ultra-nationalists.

Yeah.

Cenk is not a good guy.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm

Holy chicken-fried...wow. My goodman, excuse me. Let's go over your OP, shall we?
GuessTheAltAccount wrote: Basically a CIA recruitment video brought up an employee's anxiety disorder and Ana mentioned that this sort of thing comes across as an excuse for whining and is why millennials aren't taken seriously by other generations. Her own audience flew off the handle at her, more than I've ever seen in all my years of watching TYT, for daring to doubt the social sciences.

M'kay. So. Anxiety disorders, phobias, etc. are legitimate disorders, and it is NOT an excuse. And the reason later generations aren't taken as seriously is because, my goodman, and I don't know if you know this, THE PEOPLE DOING THIS ARE TREMENDOUS ASSHOLES. Anxiety is a legitimate disorder, and people who refuse to acknowledge it proliferate the mental health stigma. And if any of you dare to say you grew up before that was recognized and you turned out fine: Point one. You didn't. Don't even. Point two: even if you did, which you didn't, don't you want future generations to live better than you do?
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:You know, the same social sciences that gave us "surveys". The same surveys respondents famously lied to in 2016.

As for this, surveys have been around for decades. This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but please, my goodman, explain how it does.
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:big pharma's perverse incentive to play up "mental illnesses" to push pills on people

BULL. CRAP. Not every case of anxiety needs meds Not even most. But please, I'd like your sources on this. I welcome them!

It's an actual disorder. The entire generation doesn't have a goddamned victim complex, and if you believe it does, you are deceiving yourself, my goodman.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Tue May 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Jeez are we recapping youtube videos now? Powerful '430 dinnertime at the seniors home and Gladys has cornered you to tell you what was on Fox news that day' energy

Dakini
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dakini » Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 pm

The disorder. Treating anxiety disorders helps people live their lives.

I mean, do you ask if it's the cancer that's ruining a person's life or "the sense of victimhood perpetuated by medicalizing it" too or do you just pretend that mental illnesses aren't real?
Last edited by Dakini on Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 04, 2021 5:00 pm

When did he do that?
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 5:09 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:

When did he do that?

As I recall, 2010 and he did it again in 2014.

Here's a link to my post about it:

viewtopic.php?p=36552558#p36552558

Cenk Uyghur on child rape wrote:"The kid's fourteen, what are you doing? And I tell you it's an epidemic, it's crazy right? So you gotta fire her. Seven years in prison? Seven years in prison for making some kid's dream come true. It ain't right, it ain't america. Okay, do I have a double standard? Absolutely. I-I-I hope to stick to this doublestandard for the rest of my life."

Something he hoped would last the rest of his life and has never retracted.
Last edited by Galloism on Tue May 04, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:When did he do that?

Thanks. I'm sure if the genders were reversed, he would sing a different tune, but it's sick either way.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 04, 2021 5:11 pm

[Citation needed.]

The Lone Alliance wrote:

I mean, how many people wear Che Guevara shirts despite being the sort of people Che would have had shot? You can embrace the silver linings of psychopaths while rejecting their psychopathic tendencies.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Galloism wrote:As I recall, 2010 and he did it again in 2014.

Thanks. I'm sure if the genders were reversed, he would sing a different tune, but it's sick either way.

Yeah. It is.

What a pro child rape asshole.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 04, 2021 5:12 pm

[Citation needed.]

The Lone Alliance wrote:And continued to support their name "The Young Turks" despite the group being historically Racist Ultra-nationalists.

I mean, how many people wear Che Guevara shirts despite being the sort of people Che would have had shot? You can embrace the silver linings of psychopaths while rejecting their psychopathic tendencies.

Check the post before yours for the citation.

Holocene Extinction

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 5:13 pm

[Citation needed.]

Galloism wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:When did he do that?

Cenk Uyghur on child rape wrote:"The kid's fourteen, what are you doing? And I tell you it's an epidemic, it's crazy right? So you gotta fire her. Seven years in prison? Seven years in prison for making some kid's dream come true. It ain't right, it ain't america. Okay, do I have a double standard? Absolutely. I-I-I hope to stick to this doublestandard for the rest of my life."

Something he hoped would last the rest of his life and has never retracted.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Galloism wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Thanks. I'm sure if the genders were reversed, he would sing a different tune, but it's sick either way.

Yeah. It is.

TYT is only right about healthcare and political corruption, nothing else.

Holocene Extinction

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Galloism wrote:Yeah. It is.

TYT is only right about healthcare and political corruption, nothing else.

Sure. But even a lot of huge assholes wrong about a lot of things draw the line at "you know, teachers raping their students are actually just giving them the best day of their lives, and shouldn't go to jail".

The Two Jerseys
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Two Jerseys » Tue May 04, 2021 5:21 pm

People still watch that shitshow?
"The Duke of Texas" is too formal for regular use. Just call me "Your Grace".
"If I would like to watch goodness, sanity, God and logic being fucked I would watch Japanese porn." -Nightkill the Emperor
"This thread makes me wish I was a moron so that I wouldn't have to comprehend how stupid the topic is." -The Empire of Pretantia
Head of State: HM King Louis
Head of Government: The Rt. Hon. James O'Dell MP, Prime Minister
Ambassador to the World Assembly: HE Sir John Ross "J.R." Ewing II, Bt.
Join Excalibur Squadron. We're Commandos who fly Spitfires. Chicks dig Commandos who fly Spitfires.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General