NATION

PASSWORD

Craxx Archipelago [Open|Colonial|Sign up|MT|OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Craxx Archipelago [Open|Colonial|Sign up|MT|OOC]

Postby Stevid » Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 am

The Craxx Island Archipelago

Preamble

18 years ago there was a war…

In a time of upheaval, warfare, and alliances built on necessity and a will to survive, one nation rose to prominence as an instigator of wars. The Former Craxx Empire has gone by many names, and even today is spoken of in hushed tones by ageing soldiers and politicians. This Empire fought wars across the world, caring little for the destruction wrought or their standing in the world. Their territory spanned a collection of large islands, when taken together being the size of a small continent. Rich in resources and fertile land, the Craxx Empire used their natural might to fuel their warmongering.

Until 18 years ago.

In a bid to quash the dystopian Craxx nation, an alliance of 10 nations headed by the Holy Empire of Stevid invaded the islands of the Craxx Empire. The Craxx fought valiantly against the alliance with blind loyalty to their rulers. In the end, they were pushed from almost all the islands into a corner of territory on Draxadd Island where their capital city, Craxx-Ryees, was situated.

To stave off the advancing alliance of nations, the Craxx Empire deployed nuclear weapons across their Empire and on fighting forces. In response, the allies deployed their own nuclear arsenals on to the last bastions of the Craxx Empire, including their capital, devastating the remnants of the Craxx nation and bringing the dawn of a nuclear apocalypse upon the now Former Craxx Empire.

Of what came of the Craxx rulers and people nobody really knows. Some said their leaders fled to the void space, some say they fled underground, or to their great monolithic edifices erected to their gods.
The alliance retreated leaving a small Stevidian outpost behind on Retrinhes island to monitor any resurgence of the Former Craxx Empire, which remains highly irradiated to this day.
On the other islands, the settlements there fell into ruin, their people becoming nomadic or fleeing to greener pastures. The Stevidian outpost grew and out of it flourished the city of Pix – a huge city and massive trading hub exploiting the lands of the Former Craxx Empire.

Now… greedy eyes fall upon the wealth of these islands. Budding world powers vie for land, resources, power, and influence. Old enemies and friends coalesce to fight each other over the new lands. Others choose to bolster their claims by forging new friendships through trade or diplomacy.

Taking advantage of the roads and networks established by the Craxx, colonies grow fast. Explorers of these nations uncover the secrets of the Craxx, forgotten cities and people, huge monuments with underground caverns built in dedication to the strange gods of the Craxx. These lands are ripe for conquest, exploitation, and exploration; how you perform and whether your colony survives is up to you… and your neighbours…

Maps
See links for full size maps. Images are far too large for NS Forums. Updated maps will be posted every 24-48hrs depending on my RL commitments. Registered claims will be added at the bottom of this post.

OOC Information

This is a New World colonial land grab scenario where, hopefully, RPers of all types and experience can jump in to together and write together.

The idea and how to play is simple:
- You claim a spot of land
- Come up with a backstory on how your nation is involved here in Craxx
- Plan or start RPs or post ‘News’ updates in a separate Topic and inform Me (The OP) so I can list it here.
- To expand you MUST roleplay and evidence it

This thread will be the Semi-OOC ‘Nexus’ thread for the planning/claiming of colonies, communicating with other players, making requests to the OP to list your RP threads, or make changes to your territory. You can do all this here or over TG if need be.

No RPing should take place in this thread, create a new topic.

All nations will start with the same approximate plot of land (~30,000mi2 – about the same size as South Carolina), with no added benefits for being an older nation.

I will act as a kind of ‘game master’… kinda; if there map issues (i.e. What resources are which, where, etc), and this includes if you wish to add things to the map in your territory, or if there is something about these lands you would like to clarify. There is no moderation or mediation – this should be done yourselves. This topic and others created will be monitored by the NS Mod team as standard anyway. The usual ‘dOnT g0dMoD’ stuff applies to resources and territory, but if you want me to add something specific like a vineyards marker or animals, then I will oblige as best I can. Everything is negotiable (See below in the Rules and Making a Claim)

This is a blank canvass and you can create whatever you like and has the backing of a senior NS N&I RP Mentor and a moderator – so they will help however they can if asked. All that is expected is that you act fairly and respectfully to other participants and have fun!

Current Claims and Roleplays

Roleplays in Craxx

• Craxx News Wire (CNW)
  • One Fallen Empire, Endless Opportunities (Colony History Thread)
    A thread where you can detail the beginnings of you colony in more detail than just your application form. From the initial exploration cartographers, to tanks rolling on to the beach, build your history here!
  • Stabilizing Enomia (Romextly)
    The colony of Enomia. 18 years ago, the Empire of Romextly proclaimed their soveirgnty over the land and kept it. Now with the arrival of a new regiment, the colony will finally move forward towards the future. Nearby remnants of tribes have gathered men to take back their homeland from the Romextlians. New posts have been built by the Imperial Romextlians. Now it will come to a clash as the colony stabilizes. The government will also have to deal with the new attention on them. shining the light is Brigadier General Feliz Rusero, on the intensely corrupt colonial government. Will the new investigation threaten the newfound peace? Will the Brigadier General be able to clean out corruption? Read it all here is Stabilizing Enomia
  • The Dreadfort Isles
    The Ordenite Reich has eyed the strategically vital Dreadfort Bay for some time. It decides that the seizure of the cluster of islands within the Bay are necessary to exert Ordenite influence over the area and intend on partially militarizing the islands to support Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe operations.
    OOC Thread
  • Current Craxx Happenings
    A thread for short stories or interesting occurrences in your colony, involving your colony, or other neighbours. A place to go where setting up a thread for a some incident would be a little silly. Let your mind run riot here!
  • The Remainders
    The Craxx are conquered. Vanquished. But they are not destroyed. They linger on in the foreboding atomic wasteland now dubbed the Former Craxx Empire. What dwells amongst the ruins of this once great empire no one knows, but bold and intrepid explorers from the regional Craxx colonies now venture in to find out.
    This thread is for short stories involving the exploration of the shadowy corners of the Former Craxx Empire.
Last edited by Stevid on Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 am, edited 33 times in total.

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 am

Rules

- One claim per nation (An initial maximum of approx. 30Kmi2)

- Declare puppets, but you may only use 1 in addition to your nation (This should be self-policed, but I may ask a favour of Mod and only if there is suspected cheating, and even then only after being confronted). If you use a puppet AS WELL as you nation the puppet will only be alloted 10kmi2 of land.

- Up to PMT Tech. This is not FT nor is it fantasy. There is a caveat to fantasy, in that you can add a degree of mysticism to the Craxx to make their strangeness more fun to play with.

- If you want more territory then RP it and make it continuous. Neutral land grabs will not be permissible at first to allow other players to join. This will be revisited on request and on a case-by-case basis.

- Ask the OP to amend the map, which will be updated regularly in line with RL commitments and the amount of claims that come in.

- The Former Craxx Empire is an NPC and cannot be conquered or oppressed in any way shape, form, or dimension. You can explorer it, plunder it, and use it in RPs. But it is, for all intents and purposes an NPC and in irradiated anarchy.

- If your nation CTEs for whatever reason then your colony is removed too (if I get round to doing it in time. If it’s still there when you return then lucky you!). So long as you exist on NS then so does your colony.

- Behaviour has to be in line with the standards already set by the moderation team. This thread and your sub-threads linked here are not beyond their reach.

- Sort out OOC issues regarding claims with your neighbour with each other first before bringing it here. I can make a final, objective, decision if need be. Actual offending should be taken to the Mods and not here.

- If another player is here and you have an OOC gripe with them then I don’t care. Leave it at the door and don’t bring it in here; then you can RP with other players’ claims. No one can force interaction.

- Posting here should be OOC and to do with the continental islands and the claims therein, not discussing about other threads (linked or not to this islands). You should create a separate OOC thread and link it to your RP. Initial interaction can begin here in sorting out things like connections between states, resources, borders etc. If you need to speak to another player specifically about something then please TG them.

- Do not spam this thread with pointless “Sure’s” and “Ok’s” or one-liners. Use TG or Discord. I will moderate that here because I do not want to trawl through twenty pages of faff to find a newcomer’s claim.

- When creating a separate RP thread, please include [CRAXX / IC] and then post the link in this thread. The inclusion of the brackets means that if you forget I can then find it when doing a blanket search for the term… But making me aware of it in the first place will be helpful. When you do notify me of the RP in this thread for me to list it, please provide a synopsis – I’ll add that too.

- There is no minimum posting requirement. You can claim and never post again, which is why colony sizes are limited from the start. However, to sign up to this I hope it encourages engagement with as many players as possible. If space for new and enthusiastic player becomes an issue then I will ‘move’ the borders around and will inform you of this before I do so. You want your land back? RP with the guy who took it.

- Godmodding is acceptable with these caveats: Colony development can be sped up to what is present day, fluid time for travel, building, deployments etc. Just make sure the player you are RPing with is made aware. Any dramas? Let the other player or myself know and between everyone involved we can figure it out!

- BIGGER NATIONS: Do not curbstomp the smaller or less experienced players with your super dreadnoughts, bloated runaway military budgets, and intricate 12-page posts on military manoeuvres. Use moderation - it makes it more fun. Winning for the sake of winning may be fun for some but it won’t win you territory here. Earn it.

- SMALLER NATIONS: Please don’t be put off by the bigger/older nations or the large posts from experienced players or feel you have to escalate the situation by declaring total war. If you need help then ask any NS RP Mentor, or me, and we will help and get you to their level and make you competitive.

- Anything not mentioned here but is clearly an act of bad faith will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. But aggrieved parties should try to sort it out first.
Last edited by Stevid on Tue May 04, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Tue May 04, 2021 8:59 am

Making Claims

• You will be allotted 30Kmi2 on the map I’ve generated, which is approximately 4-5 hexes. If you want a collection of small islands off your coast, then please say so. If your claim is just for some small islands then you’ll get just those, which may not amount to 30K mi2/5 hexes (But said islands may have resources or be strategic in controlling waters, which will be factored in too).
  • A claim is to have a capital city as a minimum, and a maximum of two large towns. Include the names on the application form.
  • Post an edited screen grab or give coordinates off the grid lines of where you want with a brief description. You can be as precise or as vague as you like. But if you’re vague then you’re leaving it up to me to decide.
  • Once you have your claim it can start however you want. By that I mean it can be brand your and in the very beginnings of development, or fully formed/forming.
  • Your claim can be landlocked (by choice or accident), and it can be accessed via another nation or by air. Access could be closed and so you should factor this in when conducting diplomacy!
  • Coastal claims should ensure that they are no more than 3 hexes in length. I will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis and you MUST justify it, but the territory must not exceed the initial 30K mi2. Otherwise, at about 3 hexes I will move inland until I’ve made up the 30K mi2.
    (E.g. You want a natural a harbour bay or an inlet which is difficult to keep under 3 hexes long, so you propose to have your territorial area down to 20K mi2 to make up for it. <-- Something like that).
  • Borders will be as accurate as possible to what you want but the area is broken down into graphical cells. Quibbling over the odd kilometre here or there is unnecessary, I’ll do my best and it may mean you get a smidgen more or a smidgen less that the total area allowed.
  • If you have any specific and super niche requests (e.g. Resources, terrain) then let me know and I’ll accommodate them if possible. If you want roads and other towns to be included then post a picture… or give a description and hope my creativity matches your expectations!
  • I will add DMZs/No mans land/contested areas between you and another player on request with a link to the RP/news thread post where it has occurred.
  • You cannot claim waters on the map. Rule of thumb is 1 hex grid from you coast, but if it overlaps another player then unlucky – that’s something you need to sort out and haggle over in an RP!
  • Try to make your claim in this thread as detailed as possible. Your neighbours and other players who want to look your colony up will come here as the first port of call for details. Make it like your colony’s little factbook. You can continually add to it and I will catalogue the post. Any big changes, like names, then TG me.
  • What you do with your claim is your business – you need not justify it, just give everyone some background as to what is going on – even if it’s a secret (Please call out meta-gaming). Need a military fortress exclave? Go for it. Do you want it for a Gold Coast-esqe slaver marketplace? Go nuts. Need a space for your ‘undesirables’? Make it happen! You have corporations hungry for that oil and minerals? Go get em!

Markers

The map is populated with a selection of markers. These are not exhaustive. However, the ones placed have been done so to allow players access to minerals, materials, or assets in such a way as to encourage RPing. (For example, my claim has NO resources, but has a safe sheltered harbour and close access to raw materials and so is a huge trade hub). Therefore, not having resources does not equal useless territory. Plain looking areas maybe incredibly important in their own right.

However, here’s a list of the generic ones I have added and may add more of:

‘Anchor’ – This is a safe and natural harbour. These are important for shipping and settlements and can be important areas for governing trade or hosting navies. If you near resource plots then they can allow quick and efficient economic growth as companies utilise the ports to export their wares, while the port owner gets a slice of the pie.

‘Oil Drum’ – This represents fossil fuel, biofuel, or even a source of geothermal energy. Regardless, this can be commonly taken to be natural oil and gas or some other fuel commodity. It represents the general area where the resource is extracted from. How and where you refine it is up to you.

‘Pick Axe’ – This represents raw earth materials for mining. Think coal, copper, uranium, tin, iron ore, lead, etc. It could literally be anything you like in that regard…salt… arsenic...

‘Diamond’ – This represents your rare earth minerals. This can literally include diamonds or gold if you want. But this should also include the likes of cobalt, lithium, etc. The stuff you need for batteries, complex electronics, or metallurgy.

‘Timber’ – This represents biological raw materials that do not fall into the other two categories. It includes timber, rubber, cotton, peat, etc

‘Fish’ – This represents good general areas for fishing. Fishing has been a staple element of human growth and prosperity since time immemorial. Unless it falls within your hex territorial waters then these areas could potentially be fished by anyone.

‘Animal’ – These represent areas that are prime real estate for agricultural exploitation. Much of the untainted land could be exploited in this way, but areas with the animal symbol are perfect for such use. This could include anything from crop growing to animal rearing and could include stuff that is already growing/living there, or is something you have exported in.

‘Monument’ – These represent Former Craxx Empire places of archaeological interest. It could be anything from an abandoned settlement to a mysterious temple to their Gods, and deep within are catacombs of wonders or horrors… or it’s just a pretty stone circle. It’s up to you.
N.B. I will add to these as needs develop to try and kick up more interest if things get a little slow.

‘Radiation Symbol’ – These represent the charred and irradiated ruins of the Former Craxx Empire. If you need help conjuring up an image, think of the Fallout games or Death Stranding. If nukes are used in RPs then let me know and I’ll adds symbols to the map where needed.

Colony Application

Code: Select all
Colony Application
Full Nation Name:
Colony Name:
Capital City:
Capital Features:
Port [  ]     Fortress/Military Base [  ]     Wall/Stockade [  ]     Trade Hub [  ]     Religious Centre [  ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil):
Town Names:
1)
2)
Specific Requests:
(Really niche resource, terrain change, particular bit of coast, etc)

Description of your claim:
(What is it like? Why has your nation come here? What do you want to gain?)

Map Screengrab/Picture:
(Include claim, roads, city placement if applicable)
Last edited by Stevid on Sun May 09, 2021 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 am

The Islands

Please read these descriptions to see what you fancy the most…

Almost all knowledge of the islands is lost to time itself. The invaders never stayed long enough to collect the fragments of information from the fallen empire of Craxx, and the Stevidian settlement has made no attempts to venture further into the lands of the Craxx to find out more. They were an enigmatic race with a passion for war and an unbridled fury to match it. They cared little for others and barely themselves. This lack of compassion or trust in each other contributed to their downfall. All that is left are irradiated remains or collapsed towns that have been reclaimed by nature.

Satellites have mapped the islands for the war, but only for the war. Record keeping then was not what it is now, and so even the locations of Craxx towns and cities are lost. Still, the inquisitive nature of the Stevidian Holy Empire was not enough to encourage further exploration. Much has been done on the island that the City of Pix sits on, and Royal Navy survey vessels continue to monitor the Former Craxx Empire. But as for the rest of the islands, the only data held is from aging charts, sea-based observations, and satellite scans.

Retrinhes
Retrinhes and the Alacian Mounains

Retrinhes is the largest of the Craxx islands and one of the most resource rich. It is also one of the most explored, with many Stevidian corporation operating out of the forests, jungles, and mines to exploit the land for their own means.

Retrinhes is huge and has an area hundreds of thousands of kilometres in size with a varied topography and climate. In the south are vast swathes of rainforests, whereas the to the middle east lie the huge Alacian Mountains the spine down from the northern central coast towards the south.
The north and the south of Retrinhes are joined by a sliver of land that is 180 miles at its widest and only 24 miles at its narrowest. In the northern half of the island the gradients become more gentler but the temperatures get humid and are telling due to a strip of tropical rainforests. They give way further north again to more temperate wood land.

In terms of resources, the Alacian Mountains promise huge bounties of mineral wealth of both common and rare earth raw materials, whereas the massive forests in the north and south of island allow much biodiversity and raw materials for construction. There is precious little of fossil fuel in Retrinhes which will make competition fierce. The largest deposits are off-shore to the west of the conjoining of the north and south parts of the island.

Of major interest on Retrinhes is the Stevidian colony known as Pix Colony, as named after the capital city. Originally where one of the initial invasions of the Craxx Empire occurred, the Stevidians never left – upholding an obligation made nearly two decades ago to maintain a watchful vigilance over the Craxx. Now it is a major financial city and trading hub with Pix itself akin to Hong Kong or Singapore. The vast wealth of the Alacian Mountains and the abundance of materials to the south has been enticing for Imperial corporations that have now set up operations and are well established. The Empire exercises very little influence over these corporations, who reward this laissez-faire attitude by utilising the massive port facilities in the only natural harbour bay on the west coast of the island.

Of additional interest on the island or other natural harbours, but in particular is a old Craxx settlement on the very southern tip of Retrinhes. The settlement itself has been reclaimed by nature and access to it is difficult on land and nigh impossible from the sea. What lies there, no one knows, but fragmentary records held in the huge Pix Librarius state that it was of significant importance to the Craxx people.

The Stanter Isles

These are a collection of 6 islands off the east coast of Retrinhes. Covered in rainforests and fairly underdeveloped by the Craxx Empire, they were difficult for the allied power to wrestle hold of during the war, and in truth the fighting never really finished. Word has it the Craxx dissents have formed tribes in the mountain areas were ore and minerals are rich and tunnels run deep. During the war, the mountains and the absolute south were never fully captured.

In terms of resources, the largest of the Stanter Isles holds great mineral wealth, fertile lands to the north east, dense woodlands and bogs to the north west, and thick forest to the south. The waters to the immediate north and west have rich fishing ecosystems that are reasonably close to shore and ripe for exploitation.

Of interest on the Stanter Isles are the mountains on the largest island. Smaller than the Alacian range on Retrinhes, they are rumoured to be sparsely populated by armed tribal militias who used to belong to the Craxx military and local governments. Further south, at the tip of the largest island is another point of interest that appears within the records at the Pix Librarius. It is believed to potentially be a Craxx military complex of some secrecy.

Draxadd

To the north of the Craxx Continent is arguably the most mysterious and dangerous of all the islands… Draxadd.

Draxadd island was the main island of the Craxx Empire and where their civilisation first developed and populated. Like Retrinhes, there is much in the way of infrastructure here, which includes roads, railways, airstrips. All abandoned, all reclaimed by time and nature. The towns, villages and cities too, lie empty or at least populated by nomadic tribes or warlords of the old Craxx Empire. This makes Draxadd a dangerous place and any nation wishing to claim a slice of it for themselves must be prepared for long nights, hard fights, and harsh winters.

In the north the terrain is flat, forested, and cold, but rich in oil and gas both inland and offshore. As one pushes inland and further south you will come across abandoned settlements, crumbling highways that are little with the burned-out husks of armoured vehicles and skeletons of the dead – civilian and soldier alike. The forest grow thicker here and there is much biodiversity. Two great rivers snake through the northern portion of the middle of the island, flowing into two natural harbours. As you get closer to the south the air becomes thicker and arid, the ground becomes more cracked and dead. Life struggles to grow here and eventually a greyscale dusty hue takes over and your met with the barren and inhospitable landscape of the post-apocalyptic Form Craxx Empire.

Only the brave or stupid venture here, and it is fine line between the two. There are many riches in the Former Craxx Empire, but seldom few return to tell of them. The Craxx still exist in some muted form, which is why the Holy Empire maintains a close vigil. Imperial ships patrol the seas around it, her soldiers monitor the border with scattered FOBs and outposts.

Craxx-Ryees City
To the north of this fallen Empire is the ruined city of Masincast. It survived the nuclear holocaust and could arguably be called ‘intact’. It remains populated by Craxx tribal elements, and if any history or technology is to be plunder ‘safely’ it is here you start.
In the middle of this forbidden territory is town of Kindiradzar, surrounded by rolling hills that would have been beautiful countryside. To the south is the port city of Quanbai, site of a failed marine invasion by allied nations. It was shelled into oblivion by allied forces and remains, on the face of it, an impenetrable fortress of the Former Craxx Empire. If anything lives there now it will likely shoot on site. 48 miles north of the of Quanbai is the atomised and irradiated city of Craxx-Ryees – capital city of the old Empire. This place is huge, with ruined skyscrapers leaning on each other and crumbling away, and the city itself punctuated with huge craters were ground burst nuclear detonations tore the city apart. Rumour has it the Craxx society now dwells underground in the city, but so far this has never been proven.

Of additional note are several key areas of substantial radiation emissions. These are where dozens of nuclear detonations were made by both sides along the old front line.
There are dozens of points of interest in the territory mentioned within the records of
the Pix Librarius. Nothing is known of these places or the wonders, or horrors, that lie there.
There are scant resources too, but there are sizable oil and gas reserves on the eastern
coast where old, abandoned refineries lie waiting to be cracked open.

The Kernig Isles

The Kernig Isles are a large collection of small and medium sized islands that are dotted south of Draxadd all the way o bottom of the Craxx Continent. There are rich in biodiversity and are generally underdeveloped the further inland you go. However, the coastal regions are home to much infrastructure and industrialisation as a key resource here is oil and gas.

The northern most islands are the richest in this resource, with many land and sea deposit and such refinery infrastructure already in place – long abandoned after the war. This has given way to several ‘minor’ environmental disasters on the islands.

The two largest islands of the Kernig Isles are in the south, between them and the northern most islands are fertile fishing areas. But on the two mainland islands are forested areas and wetlands. There are sporadic Craxx settlements, and many were only civilian population centres with little in the way of military. There may well still be functioning societies there – though it is more likely that the idea of warband tribalism is ever-present in Kernig too.

The main Kernig islands are ripe for logging and the exploitation of natural biological resources, with a small area of raw ore and minerals to the west. In the seas to the east of the Kernig Isles are huge deposits of oil and gas. The Craxx Empire maintain a huge network of oil rig and deep-water exploration rigs, which may yet still be operational… or occupied.

The Strensall Isles

A Strensall Island
These islands are to the far east of the Craxx Empire and used to be where the majority of their food and grain was harvested. These islands were home to swathes of farmland and large fishing communities of which many will still exist in some form or another. The Strensall Isles were some of the first to be invaded by the alliance of nation but of the ease of landing troops, but also because of the significance to the Craxx in terms of food and supply. Fierce fighting killed many of the inhabitants, and serious pocket of resistance that was never properly broken fought through a nuclear exchange on the southernmost island. Why the Craxx fought so hard here is known, but whatever lies there must have been worth the blood spilt.

The Strensall islands are unique in their diversity of resources, in that there are land reserves of fossil fuel in the west and access to the rich seas further on; major fisheries in the central waters, and much biological resources in the north and south. There are even several major rare-earth mineral mines in the middle of the northern most island.

However, space is in short supply here and early claims on these islands could have major repercussion for slower colonies. Whoever holds the Strensall islands holds unprecedented influence over the other islands.
The strategic significance of these islands was no lost to the Craxx or
the invaders, and it should not be lost to any ‘would be’ colonists.
Last edited by Stevid on Tue May 04, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Greater Ordenite Reich of the Ordean Nation
Colony Name: Reichskolonie Obersteina
Capital City: Volkhausen
Capital Features:
Port [  x]     Fortress/Military Base [x  ]     Wall/Stockade [ x]     Trade Hub [ x ]     Religious Centre [x  ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 1.5 million
Size (Up to 30kmi2): 30km
Town Names:
1) Ottenburg
2) Kroppenstedt
Specific Requests: N/A

Description of your claim: Obersteinia is a full grown Colony of the Greater Ordenite Reich established shortly after the fall of the Craxx Empire which the Reich had nominal trade relations with. Upon the destruction of the Empire the Ordenites shadowed the coalition who liberated the islands and evidently laid claim to what was to be Obersteinia. The Ordenite Reich being expasionist and imperialist by nature has come for the opportunity to expand its influence in the region and exploit the resources available.

Map Screengrab/Picture: N/A

Overview of Obersteinia:

Obersteinia is an Ordenite colony situated in the North West of the Retrinhes island continent. It was formed in the aftermath of the defeat of the Craxx Empire at the hands of a coalition of nations headed by the Holy Empire of Stevid. Due to the existence of neutral relations between the Craxxians and the Reich which mostly amounted to trade deals and the posting of an Ordenite consulate in the former Capital, the opportunity was taken to seize territory in the region. This forray into the new region would come at the time of the coming of a new Reichsfuhrer, Christian Richtofen. Once the coalition had all but left besides the small outpost manned by the Stevidians, a Kriegsmarine detachment belonging to the 86th Flotille entered the region and made landfall at a natural harbour that would come to grow into the Capital of the colony, Volkshausen. Not long after did first contact occur with indeginious Craxxians who were led by a military like junta of Warlords and called what today would consist of Obersteinia to be rightfully theirs.

They became increasingly hostile towards the Ordenite expedition which resulted in a number of small scale clashes. Once an adequate Ordenite Wehrmacht presence could be counted on the decision to go on the offensive was made. Two weeks of heavy fighting between Craxxian fighters and Ordenite Seebattalion and Ordenite Heer forces led to the expansion of the territory to where it lies today, nearly eighteen years later. In that time Obersteinia has seen rapid growth and is a fully developed modern territory of the Ordenite Reich. Volkhausen which is the Capital of the settlement has become a full on Port city with a population of over half a million Ordenite settlers from the mainland. Two other major towns also lie within Obersteinia; Ottenburg and Kroppenstedt and it is with these two towns that the Ordenites implemented its colonial ambitions.

Both Ottenburg and Kroppenstedt were planned out by the NSPO Office of Colonial Policy under the guidelines and vision of Isidor Mueller the founder of the National Socialist Party of Ordena and the nation's first Reichsfuhrer. A fair amount of the land that made up Obersteinia was fertile and ripe for farming. Ottenburg would be the first settlement established with several farms that wound be tended to by Ordenite settlers and there Craxxian Serfs. Kroppenstedt would see the same when it was established to the East of the territory neighboring a a river.

Reichskommissar: Josef Mühlbauer
Generalkommissar for Generalbezirk Ottenburg: Hans Buchwald
Generalkommissar for Generalbezirk Kroppenstedt: Bruno Holstein
Generalkommissar for Generalbezirk Volkshausen: Josef Mühlbauer

Demographics:
98.9% Ordenite
1.5% Craxx
Last edited by United World Order on Wed May 05, 2021 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neo Prutenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Prutenia » Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Prut Meritocracy
Colony Name: Prut Interest Region "Krachsland", or just Krachsland for short
Capital City: Kleruch Balstrahl
Capital Features:
Port [X] Fortress/Military Base [X] Wall/Stockade [X] Trade Hub [X] Religious Centre [X]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 12 thousand
Location: The Strensall Isles, square between 120 E and 150 E, and 0 and 30 S
Size (Up to 30kmi2): About five hexes I think? I defer to your judgment here
Town Names:
1) [insert random Craxx town name here]
2) [insert random Craxx town name here also] (I don't know what naming convention/language the Craxx are inspired by; I'd appreciate two random names)
Specific Requests:
Archaeological sites, and specifically hidden vaults with loot from other nations the Craxx stole during the apogee of their activity

Kleruch Balstrahl is very obviously a military expedition that grew into a small fortified frontier town. It was the landing area of a Prut Expeditionary Force tasked with scouting and finding a suitable location for a base about five or six years ago. It developed further from there; a contemporary fortress and limited bunker at its core, a restored harbour turned naval base, and a partially rebuild town. The population is practically either the Prut military or under contract to secure the base and further ostensibly archaeological missions and recovery of certain artefacts and artwork the Craxx plundered from the PM two to three decades ago. There is a sizable cultural and scientific attaché as well; research into radiation mitigation, it's effect on flora and fauna, anthropocentric research, etc. Kleruch Balstrahl also maintains some agricultural and fishing activity, mostly for security and to trade with other parties. The colony as such is very eclectic and somewhat eccentric, as it's a military frontier and research centre, and the two blend in odd ways, but they're a rather enthusiastic lot.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
(Include claim, roads, city placement if applicable) [I'll edit this later if the application is accepted]
Factbook: The Prut Meritocracy | Prutopaedia (TG feedback appreciated) | National Policies | φ(._.) - Shoot me a TG if you want to RP with me

Always assume I'm the exact same tech level/reality as you are, with access to the exact same technology/abilities; I just happen to prefer very strict MT. IC name: Prut Meritocracy

The Technocratic Syndicalists
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Tue May 04, 2021 12:26 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Arcaenia
Colony Name: TBD, will likely name it after whatever the claimed Island was originally called
Capital City: Fort Magnus
Capital Features:
Port [X] Fortress/Military Base [X] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [X] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): ~200,000
Size (Up to 30kmi2): slightly more than 5 hexes, will be willing to adjust the size of my claim as necessary
Town Names:
1)Printztorp
2)Kongensten
Specific Requests: N/A

Description of your claim: Being a member of the Triumverate and thus military ally of Stevid the Arcaenian armed forces were heavily involved in the war against the Craxx Empire and sent a combined naval, army, and air expeditionary force to the region which was involved in the invasion and subsequent conquest of numerous Craxx Empire territories. The island that Arcaenia is claiming is a major island in the Strensall Isles which was invaded and conquered by a force of Arcaenian naval infantry which after several weeks of bitter combat was cleared of resistance. Arcaenian military engineering forces were then tasked with repairing and expanding the islands airbases which were then used by Arcaenian strategic bombers and other military aircraft to launch attacks against other Craxx Empire territories. After the war Arcaenia continued to developed the island both as a military base but also as a trade hub and economic center, profiting from the islands stock of (initially unbeknownst to the Arcaenians) rare earth minerals which Arcaenia is now in the process of extracting, refining, and exporting back to its mainland and to other states in the region.

Map Screengrab/Picture: See claim
SDI AG
Arcaenian Military Factbook
Task Force Atlas
International Freedom Coalition

OOC: Call me Techno for Short
IC: The Kingdom of Arcaenia

Cartoonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cartoonia » Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: The Democratic Republic of Cartoonia
Colony Name: The Cartoon Dominion of North Kernig
Capital City: Galicula
Capital Features:
Port [ X ] Fortress/Military Base [ X ] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [ X ] Religious Centre [ X ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 1 mil
Location: From the most northern tip, basically surrounding the coast (the area with the oil drums).
Size (Up to 30kmi2): See Map Screengrab/Picture
Town Names:
1) Mignogna
2) Squidonia
Specific Requests:
Besides the timber and oil resource tiles posted, we could use a harbour in that area. Also,

The Cartoon Dominion of North Kernig is one of the newest jewels in the Cartoon Empire. A group of settlers with modern technology was commissioned by the Cartoon government, the Burns Oil and Fracking Company, the Resembool Science Institute, and various food and agricultural companies to expand Cartoonia’s empire after the loss of the Equestrian territories. The mission of these settlements is simple.

A. To excavate the natural resources of the land including fossil fuels, rubber, cotton, tobacco, etc.

B. To open up commerce and trade with nearby territories and empires that also have claims here and to other closeby nations.

C. Expand Cartoonia’s imperial borders, promote culture in the surrounding territories, and transform the landscape in modernization with the presence of architecture, infrastructure, and art institutions (particularly bands and orchestras). This also in turn the presence of the Cartoon military for peace keeping purposes.

D. To explore the uncharted lands and the ruins of the former civilization

E. For scientific research of radioactive response and clean up, excavation of artifacts in the ruins of the former empire (led by the Resembool Science Institute Archology Society), and to test new military equipment.

F. Imperial Governor-General's personal gain is to spread religion. Particularly, that of Judeo-Christianity and Toontholosisim

The dominion will be under the governorship of Imperial Governor-General Nedward Churchill Flanders III, with the military under the leadership of Major General Rumi Hironaka Mannerheim.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
The Cartoon Dominion of North Kernig
Last edited by Cartoonia on Tue May 04, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Tue May 04, 2021 2:16 pm

All claims accepted and the map has been updated.

Enjoy your land!

Neo Prutenia - Your Craxx vaults are marked as follows:

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Tue May 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Cossack Peoples (FRCP)
Colony Name: (Cossack) Draxadd Unincorporated Territories
Capital "City": Fort Mokosh, which acts as the center of governance in the occupied territory
Capital Features:
Port [ ] Fortress/Military Base [x] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [x] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 150,000 personnel and dependents stationed at Fort Mokosh, 40,000 at Dalekytochka, and an additional 17,000 distributed across the territory on prospecting, surveying, or extraction jobs.
Size (Up to 30kmi2): Presumably less than the others, I don't think I'm really able to accurately gauge this.
Town Names:

Dalekytochka, population 40,000. Largely a civilian-lead expedition operating under the protection of Fort Mokosh

Specific Requests:
N/A

Seizing an opportunity in the fallout of the Craxx Empire, the Cossack military established Fort Mokosh in order to provide a vital mid-oceanic airbase in order to extend the reach of the Cossack Air Force. In particular, the military base was intended to double as an additional gear in the nuclear strategies of the FRCP in the atomic era made anew with the fall of Craxx, with plans to operate anti-ballistic missile systems and nuclear-armed aircraft and missiles alike. Later, after surveys and construction had begun, reserves of crude petroleum and natural gas were discovered, leading to the Federal Republic finally giving in and bestowing a charter upon WURCo. for the development and procurement of these resources, leading to the founding of Dalekytochka and the bolstering of Fort Mokosh.

While the aims of the Federal Republic are simple, the all-too-influential monopoly of WURCo. has another venture in mind-- as they had been constantly denied to designs of and manufacturing of it by their government, they sought the procurement of unexploded nuclear ordnance from the derelict ruins of the Craxx Empire for their own private development and manufacturing.

Both Cossack parties involved will react negatively to what they view as infringements or violations upon their claims, and in the lawless and constantly shifting political climate of the archipelago, they may use force as necessary to defend their interests.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
Edit: Higher Resolution Picture and 1 unpaved road and one link to a higher resolution picture
Last edited by Cossack Peoples on Wed May 05, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."
— Sadavir Errinwright, Expanse S2E12
"Вечнасць для Czaslyudiya!"
Federal Republic of Czaslyudian Peoples

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.
Sponsoring this signature
We're also the Czaslyudian Peoples now. Don't ask.

Drifterica
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drifterica » Tue May 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Imperial Empire of Drifterica
Colony Name: Colonial Drifterican States (CDC)
Capital City: New Peregrine
Capital Features:
Port [X] Fortress/Military Base [X] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [X] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 1 million

Size (Up to 30kmi2): Look at location
Town Names:
1) Tardide
2) Blackpool
Specific Requests: Just like the coast with the port and some of the oil areas

The CDC is the first colony ever established by Drifterica. Drifterican sponsored colonists with the best Drifterican technology was sent to the region. The Colony was fully owned by the government. But over time parts of the colony are to be sold off, such as the oil fields and certain fishing spots.
Drifterica came to the area to gain another port, gain more natural resources, use this to increase Drifterican influence around the world, have a new military base where soldiers can be trained in new environments, and research and explore the ruins of the past civilizations.
Map Screengrab/Picture: See Location
Flag of the CDC
Empire of Drifterica
Established August 11th, 2017

Check out: Royal Aquaculture

Morrdh
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 16, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Morrdh » Wed May 05, 2021 2:10 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Commonwealth of Morrdh
Colony Name: Cape Cork
Capital City: Rinndun (Cape Fort)
Capital Features:
Port [ X ] Fortress/Military Base [ X ] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [ ] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 3,398
Town Names:
1) Baile Phádraig (Patrick's Town)
2) Cuan Chorcaí (Cork Bay)
Specific Requests:

Establishment of a whaling station, though there is a military presence in the form of a small garrison (company sized) along with an airbase and navy base.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
Last edited by Morrdh on Wed May 05, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish/Celtic Themed Nation - Factbook

In your Uplink, hijacking your guard band.

Countesia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Countesia » Wed May 05, 2021 4:44 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Countesia
Colony Name: North Alacia
Capital City: Port Alacia
Capital Features:
Port [x] Fortress/Military Base [x] Wall/Stockade [x] Trade Hub [ ] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 40,000 initially, will increase.
Size (Up to 30kmi2): approx 28km would be my guess
Town Names:
1) Langley
2) Hamilton
Specific Requests:

North Alacia, a territory located on the Northern face of the Alacian mountains, is one of Countesias newest settlement zones. Using resource and biome maps provided by the government of Stevid (I'm assuming those maps were a result of cartography done by your nation? I will change this if not.) the Federal Republic of Countesia has decided to claim this stretch of land to exploit its mineral wealth to fuel the ever expanding Countesian economy and to help alleviate the slight issue of overpopulation at home. Three settlements were established, Port Acacia, the primary international shipping port, Langley, the hub of all refinery operations on the colony, and Hamilton, the miners haven and home to all the companies currently contracted by the Federal Government to mine the mountains ores. There is also a small team of historians and archelogists present to record and collect as much knowledge on the now collapsed Craxx Empire before it is lost to time.

Map Screengrab/Picture: here

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2021

Postby Galimencia » Wed May 05, 2021 6:35 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: United Kingdom of Galimencia(aka Galimencian Empire or Galimencian Commonwealth when we include all the overseas territories of Galimencia)
Colony Name: Galimencian Colony of Novae Terrae(Novae Terrae is the latin word for 'new world'.)
Capital City: Kingsland
Capital Features:
Port [ x ] Fortress/Military Base [ x ] Wall/Stockade [ x ] Trade Hub [ x ] Religious Centre [ x ]
Town Names:
1) Newfoundland
2) Richardia
Specific Requests:
N/A

Description of your claim: The Colony of Novae Terrae developed when the Craxx Empire was at it's height. Galimencia established friendly relations with the former Empire, and in turn, the Craxx Empire allowed Galimencia to establish a small trading post in the South of Stanter Isles. However, Galimencia soon turned against it's former ally when the alliance of 10 nations invaded the Empire. Galimencia refused to support it's former ally, and instead, discretely provided monetary assistance to the Alliance. After the defeat and subsequent destruction of the Craxx Empire, Galimencia sent it's own army to increase it's own territories in the region. Very soon, the small trading outpost soon grew into today's Colony of Novae Terrae. Large number of Galimencians migrated to the islands in search of work. They established huge plantations, at the expense of the natives and their lands, and became filthy rich. Many of these Galimencians now permanently reside in Novae Terrae, and are rather independent, provided that they regularly pay taxes to the Galimencian Empire.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
N/A
Last edited by Galimencia on Wed May 05, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC name is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

An alt history early 20th century Britain, which has managed to survive well into the 21st century while keeping hold of all it's colonies(mostly). Co-Founder of IPDA, Member of CUSP. Permanent member of UN Security Council.
A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Nation undergoing maintenance. Therefore some factbooks or other informations might change.

Morrdh
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 16, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Morrdh » Wed May 05, 2021 6:37 am

Galimencia wrote:Colony Application
Full Nation Name: United Kingdom of Galimencia(aka Galimencian Empire or Galimencian Commonwealth when we include all the overseas territories of Galimencia)
Colony Name: Galimencian Colony of Novae Terrae(Novae Terrae is the latin word for 'new world'.)
Capital Features:
Port [ x ] Fortress/Military Base [ x ] Wall/Stockade [ x ] Trade Hub [ x ] Religious Centre [ x ]
Town Names:
1) Newfoundland
2) Richardia
Specific Requests:
N/A

Description of your claim: The Colony of Novae Terrae developed when the Craxx Empire was at it's height. Galimencia established friednly relations with the former Empire, and in turn, the Craxx Empire allowed Galimencia to establish a small trading post in the South of Stanter Isles. However, Galimencia soon turned against it's former ally when the alliance of 10 nations invaded the Empire. Galimencia refused to support it's former ally, and instead, discretely provided monetary assistance to the Alliance. After the defeat and subsequent destruction of the Craxx Empire, Galimencia sent it's own army to increase it's own territories in the region. Very soon, the small trading outpost soon grew into today's Colony of Novae Terrae. Large number of Galimencians migrated to the islands in search of work. They established huge plantations, at the expense of the natives and their lands, and became filthy rich. Many of these Galimencians now permanently reside in Novae Terrae, and are rather independent, provided that they regularly pay taxes to the Galimencian Empire.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
N/A

Just to ensure we don't clash on claims, when you say 'south of the Stanter Isles' did you mean that tip of land on the southern side of the main island there?

If so, I've already submitted a claim on that area.
Irish/Celtic Themed Nation - Factbook

In your Uplink, hijacking your guard band.

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2021

Postby Galimencia » Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 am

Morrdh wrote:
Galimencia wrote:Colony Application
Capital Features:
Town Names:
1) Newfoundland
2) Richardia
Specific Requests:
N/A

Description of your claim: The Colony of Novae Terrae developed when the Craxx Empire was at it's height. Galimencia established friednly relations with the former Empire, and in turn, the Craxx Empire allowed Galimencia to establish a small trading post in the South of Stanter Isles. However, Galimencia soon turned against it's former ally when the alliance of 10 nations invaded the Empire. Galimencia refused to support it's former ally, and instead, discretely provided monetary assistance to the Alliance. After the defeat and subsequent destruction of the Craxx Empire, Galimencia sent it's own army to increase it's own territories in the region. Very soon, the small trading outpost soon grew into today's Colony of Novae Terrae. Large number of Galimencians migrated to the islands in search of work. They established huge plantations, at the expense of the natives and their lands, and became filthy rich. Many of these Galimencians now permanently reside in Novae Terrae, and are rather independent, provided that they regularly pay taxes to the Galimencian Empire.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
N/A

Just to ensure we don't clash on claims, when you say 'south of the Stanter Isles' did you mean that tip of land on the southern side of the main island there?

If so, I've already submitted a claim on that area.

No, 'south of Stanter Isles' means that big island, which is located to the extreme south of the area collectively called the 'Stanter Isles'. In short, I have claimed a portion on the Southernmost Island of the Stanter Isles.
Last edited by Galimencia on Wed May 05, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC name is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

An alt history early 20th century Britain, which has managed to survive well into the 21st century while keeping hold of all it's colonies(mostly). Co-Founder of IPDA, Member of CUSP. Permanent member of UN Security Council.
A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Nation undergoing maintenance. Therefore some factbooks or other informations might change.

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Wed May 05, 2021 10:47 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: People’s Unified Federation
Colony Name: Stanlitio
Capital City: Fort Rio
Capital Features:
Port [ X ] Fortress/Military Base [ X ] Wall/Stockade [ X ] Trade Hub [ X ] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 900,000
Town Names:
1) Puerto Litio
2) Delorio
Specific Requests:

OVERVIEW:
Currently, Stalitio is a backwater colony of the Federation. Outside of the major cities of Fort Rio and Delorio, government control is somewhere between loose to non existent. Federal gunboats and military patrols guard the main river and main highways, but the farther you get from the river, the more dangerous it gets. Yet the Federation continues to send former refugees and others, to colonize the lands despite the native resistance. To the east of Fort Rio, the Island of Mount Taloust is not technically part of the Federal colony, instead it is a corporate colony controlled by the Lomengo and Rosa families. Even so, the majority of its population is federal civilians, and the Federal military will defend it in the event of attack.

HISTORY:
The colony of Stanlitio started as a mining endeavour between the Lomengo Family Enterprises and Rosa Family Incorporated on the small island of Mount Taloust. Utilizing the lack of local governance and a liberal application of Mercenary forces, the Mokan corporations pacified the island and set up a corporate colony owned by both families. The city of Puerto Litio was established as the Capital of the corporate owned colony and used as the base of operations to expand mining operations into the island. Precious metals such as cobalt and lithium were found, as were copper and irons.

As other colonies began to expand into the former Empire, the People’s Unified Federation decided to expand its own interests into the region. Although not involved in the original war, the Federation hoped to build its own colony providing more precious metals for the Federations growing economy.

The first Federal colony was a military compound called Fort Rio, sending forces up river to investigate the prospects of mining goods in the mountains. When large deposits of rare earth metals were found, the city of Delorio(Del-Oro-Rio) was established to mine the resources, and act as a starting point for future expansions into the mountains. However, as the colonial immigrants expanded into the region, the locals began a fierce resistance and soon additional military units were required to provide some safety for the population.

LOCATIONS:
The local capital, Fort Rio, is home to the largest Federal military base Fort Rio, and holds a fleet of gunboats that patrol the river and provide rapid reaction forces for the rest of the colony. The city itself is based around the docks and airport built to export the rare earth elements back to the Federation. Over the last few years it has grown to include factories and processing centers to convert the rare ores into ingots, and even basic components, to reduce wasted weight for the long trip home.

The River and highways following the river are guarded by the Federal military, and have spawned small towns and farming communities. Although most of the population remains close to the river, land is cheap and plentiful further out. This new frontier is home to refugees and those with history looking to start over, who often clash with native raiders, and even native organized resistance. It is a tough life, which is why it is sold to the desperate.

The city of Delorio is the only other truly safe place in the federal colony. Home to a local military garrison and mining companies, the city has its own industrial base to support the mining operations, everything from processing centers to vehicle factories can be found in Delorio. The city is safe from raiders, but it is dirty, and despite its importance, the majority of the population is still rather poor.

The island of Mount Taloust is still technically a corporate colony, and is considered the safest place to live among the colonial types. Although the island’s economy is focused on mining, the lack of native resistance and five year head start has allowed the city of Puerto Litio to grow past its industrial beginnings and into a prospering town. With the influx of colonists moving to the official colony of Stalitio, Puerto Litio became the economic heart of the colony. Taking advantage of the island’s status outside of Federal law, numerous banks and businesses set up their local HQs in Puerto Litio. The local Federal colony wants to formally annex the island, but the Lomengo and Rosa families have powerful lawyers, and no one in Mokastana City cares enough about a backwater colony to make a scene.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
https://i.imgur.com/I2xeYNB.png
Last edited by Mokastana on Wed May 05, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm

All claims accepted and the map has been updated!

Further update:

The Craxx News Wire is now online and ready to accept articles!

Piikala
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Piikala » Wed May 05, 2021 2:35 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: Imperial State of Piikala
Colony Name: Whale islands Colony
Capital City: New Yuki Hana
Capital Features:
Port [ x] Fortress/Military Base [x ] Wall/Stockade [x ] Trade Hub [x ] Religious Centre [ ]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 500,000
Location: 60 degrees east 50 degrees north and the nearby island
Size (Up to 30kmi2): 30 KM
Town Names:
1) Whalers Bay
2) New Yuki Hana
Specific Requests:
(Really niche resource, terrain change, a particular bit of coast, etc.)
The two islands being claimed by Piikala could be volcanic islands with rich soil and diverse jungles. Also that Piikala can also claim the nearby island two hexes west.

The Piikalans came to the islands to create a bioweapons test site as it couldn't be done on the Piikalan home islands. Thus took advantage of the Craxx empire's fall to claim the two secluded islands to create a Piikalan bioweapons lab and a whaling colony on the island to hide the Piikalan military activity. The Piikalan military took the western island and the Piikalan whalers and later tea plantations and Cannabis plantations taking the eastern islands. With the western island becoming uninhabited besides the few thousand Piikalan soldiers and scientists at the northern point of the nearly uninhabitable island.

Map Screengrab/Picture:

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed May 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: The Empire of Romextly
Colony Name: Enomia
Capital City: Hoklashu
Capital Features:
Port [ x] Fortress/Military Base [ x] Wall/Stockade [ x] Trade Hub [ x] Religious Centre [ x]
Population (Up to 1.5 mil): Around 750,00
Size (Up to 30kmi2): I guess 30 kmi2
Town Names:
1). Riconza
2) Albentor
Specific Requests:
Have a fuel source nearby

The colony of Enomia is the newest colony of the Romextlian Empire. It had been created after the fall of the Craxx to a coalition. Romextly had not served in the coalition, but haggled a deal to put protect the island to allow for coalition troops to leave. Romextly then reneged and kept it as a colony, but paid off the nation. The Romextlian Military, sent the 301st Stormtroopers to create a base near the city. They promised local chieftains power in the new government, which many accepted. However, there was a group which was hostile to the colonizers.

Two months after the landing, the rebels gathered around 2,000 men on a patrol which was decimated. In retaliation, the newly arrived 7th Cruiser Squadron bombarded their base and the regiment demolished the rebels and took their land. A few, however fled inland where they continue sporadic attacks. The regiment was moved for 78th Colonial Guard. The colony has recieved a large number of refugees in the 19 years and recently became the home of Majarbian rebels.

The Capital of Hoklashu has grown to a large city of around 450,000 and has recently gained a commercial airport. It has a flourishing port, however is a pit for corruption and has high food prices. The town of Riconza has around 100,000 inhabitants, a city in all but name. It has a small smuggler airport where again there is rampant unlicensed hunting and illegal ivory being traded. However, in the Town of Albentor, one of 60,000, the Guild of the Legionaries of Dawn has a guild to look for unusual artifacts that may explain how the Craxx fell.

Main Exports: Oil, Ivory, Trading, Fur, Fishing

Main Imports: Cars, luxury items, medicines, guns

Governor: Count Lucifer
Mayor of Hoklashu: Baron Charles
Mayor of Riconza: Angel Gonzalez
Mayor of Albentor: Roberto Excuez
Commanding Military officer: Centurio Colonel Fabian Rexus

Map Screengrab/Picture:
Big dot is capital,other black dots are town (Ablentor is on main island) and grey dot is a base.

The Qoryx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2016

Postby The Qoryx » Wed May 05, 2021 4:49 pm

Full Nation Name: Der Reichseidgenossenschaft

Colony Name: Erzherzogtum Alzen

Capital City: Möddenz (1m)
Capital Features: Fortress/Military Base, City Walls, Large Naval/Local Island Trade Hub

Population (Up to 1.5 mil): 1,450,000

Location: The Eastern Alacian Mountains, 90-70 degrees West by 30-40 degrees South...ish.

Size (Up to 30kmi2): I'd think it will be at the upper limits of 30km2..maybe?

Town Names:
1) Adekau (100k)
2) Adebeck (350k)

Specific Requests:
I'd like for there to be two smaller "pockets" (making one pick-axe icon) and one larger pocket (one whole pick-axe icon) to be made up of: Monzanite (small), Samarskite (small), Gadolinite (large). I'd also like plantations/vineyards of some kind within the claim so, something like tea or wine or fruits of some kind, idk, host's choice.

Currently writing, but I have two major projects at work I'm finishing up so I'll need at least a day or two to finish this part. Basically just think Tsingtao meets Goa or something. Will include some type of local vs colonial troops conflict history, with the majority of local population being located in smaller population pockets in the South of the claim or between the larger cities. Military installations would be included in the building of towns, with one large dual-use airport located just North of the capital city. Large and busy naval establishment in Adebeck.

Map Screengrab/Picture: (click to open larger version)
Legend:
Scarlet - extent of initial RE land claims
Maroon - major roadways (autobahn/highway)
Pink - minor roadways (national road)
Black - major cities as listed below
"C" - Möddenz
"1" - Adekau
"2" - Adebeck

Overview of Erzherzogtum Alzen:
Will be edited to include in the next day or so.
Der Reichseidgenossenschaft (Der RE) / The Imperial Unity (The RE)
Imperial Foreign Secretary: Bernhard Ernst, Landesfürst von Bülow Imperial First (Emperor): Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI
Grand Imperial Marshall: Großreichsmarschall T. Sprecher, Landesfürst von Bernegg Imperial Archchancellor: Reichserzkanzler Otto, Erzfürst von Lauenburg
Greater DienstadEsvanoviaImperial Government Structure
Demonyms: Singular: Arvolk - Plural: Arvolken - Noun: Arvolk
Thank you to Meriad for allowing me to copy and modify his signature for my use, it's awesome!

Dernel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Thu May 06, 2021 7:45 am

Colony Application
Full Nation Name: The Angry Southern Federation Of Dernel
Colony Name: Lapsil
Capital City (assuming of colony): Empyrea (Shown by circle)
Capital Features:
Port [x*](If allowed to have extra hex for port) Fortress/Military Base [x] Wall/Stockade [ ] Trade Hub [x] Religious Centre [ ](We dont do that here)
Population (Up to 1.5 mil):680k
Size (Up to 30kmi2):
Town Names:
1) Stranta (Triangle)
2) Chand (Sqaure)
Specific Requests:
Perhaps an extra hex to reach the water for a port

Deemed a great opportunity, Dernel, already used to unhealthy environments decided to settle a colony to attempt to gain resources, primarily lithium, gold, copper, uranium, tungsten and other important materials. Lead is an extra material for the colony, particularly to plant inside walls of buildings such that they can protect themselves from the remaining radiation. Some say that the colony is a better place than Dernel due to an overall healthier environment, but others say the radiation is worse than the hostile Dernellian environment. Much like Dernel, Laspil is highly militarized in order to maintain security and protection from other nations who are possibly interested in taking materials. It's not uncommon to find a DRMA mixed into the normal cargo containers of the colonies, or an extra Egida CIWS mounted to a building. Some citizens have told stories of finding VLS systems dug into some more remote parts of the mountains, ready to protect the colony. The two Airports are doubled as airbases, where the military takes priority, if a jet needs to get into the air, it gets into the air.

The intense protection of Laspil is largely encouraging to merchants and traders that entices many into coming to Laspil. The lower prices of valuable materials due to intense mining also has a similar effect. Some companies like Illaria Motors, Dernellian Industries, and Hills Armory have set up branches to exploit the iron, copper, tungsten, and gold mines for manufacturing. Their involvement has added jobs and facilities to the colony to grow economic power of the region.

The government has additional hidden motives for the area, some that may violate sovereignty of other nations, some that would violate treaties if Dernel were to be apart of them. Dernel harbors no particular grudges with other nations, and is happy to see that previous allies are also looking to erect colonies nearby. Those that are not allies, those that it sees no benefit from associating with, Dernel will likely ignore, or trample.

Map Screengrab/Picture:
Last edited by Dernel on Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sword, Shield, and Flask.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Thu May 06, 2021 8:33 am

All claims accepted and the map has been updated!

Resource map has also been updated!

While provide more detailed map for Qoryx in due course. (FYI mate, I've messaged you already about the name - I'll change it to whatever works best).
Further map updates will try include the smaller town labels.

Enjoy your new land!

EDIT:

The Qoryx: Here is a fine grain detail image of you territory with added resources
Last edited by Stevid on Thu May 06, 2021 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dernel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 am

I think the formation of two threads may be a good idea, one for actual current RP, and one for history leading up to the current thread. You know, story/world building to give reason for the current state of the colonies.
Last edited by Dernel on Thu May 06, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sword, Shield, and Flask.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

The Qoryx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2016

Postby The Qoryx » Thu May 06, 2021 11:39 am

Stevid wrote:All claims accepted and the map has been updated!

Resource map has also been updated!

While provide more detailed map for Qoryx in due course. (FYI mate, I've messaged you already about the name - I'll change it to whatever works best).
Further map updates will try include the smaller town labels.

Enjoy your new land!

EDIT:

The Qoryx: Here is a fine grain detail image of you territory with added resources

Me love you long time, thanks very much mate! Look at those shiny tea and wine resources! :blush: I think a nice colonial-era cup of tea on the Archduke's sprawling estate might be a very good idea between our nations. It's been too long, methinks.

Dernel wrote:I think the formation of two threads may be a good idea, one for actual current RP, and one for history leading up to the current thread. You know, story/world building to give reason for the current state of the colonies.

I can set one up for the history side; would it be a kind of "roleplay parts of history" style or like a factbook style, were you thinking?
Last edited by The Qoryx on Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Der Reichseidgenossenschaft (Der RE) / The Imperial Unity (The RE)
Imperial Foreign Secretary: Bernhard Ernst, Landesfürst von Bülow Imperial First (Emperor): Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI
Grand Imperial Marshall: Großreichsmarschall T. Sprecher, Landesfürst von Bernegg Imperial Archchancellor: Reichserzkanzler Otto, Erzfürst von Lauenburg
Greater DienstadEsvanoviaImperial Government Structure
Demonyms: Singular: Arvolk - Plural: Arvolken - Noun: Arvolk
Thank you to Meriad for allowing me to copy and modify his signature for my use, it's awesome!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents