NATION

PASSWORD

The Warhammer 40.000/Fantasy Discussion Thread Mk.III

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Warhammer Fest Day One: Age of Sigmar

Kragnos!

Lauka Vai, the Mother of Nightmares!

Radukar the Beast!

Belladamma Volga, First of the Vyrkos!

And a bunch of other things like direwolves but half of the images are not loading for me

...They can just introduce new Gods?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Mon May 03, 2021 11:00 am

So I'm a newer Warhammer 40k fan, but I've been watching the Adeptus Ridiculous podcast a lot recently and its really been helping me learn about the lore and a bit about the tabletop too.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Kragnos!

Radukar the Beast!

And a bunch of other things like direwolves but half of the images are not loading for me

Well i mean... sure why not?

Catsfern wrote:So I'm a newer Warhammer 40k fan, but I've been watching the Adeptus Ridiculous podcast a lot recently and its really been helping me learn about the lore and a bit about the tabletop too.

Cool to see someone new getting into it
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017

Postby Catsfern » Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:...They can just introduce new Gods?

Well i mean... sure why not?

Catsfern wrote:So I'm a newer Warhammer 40k fan, but I've been watching the Adeptus Ridiculous podcast a lot recently and its really been helping me learn about the lore and a bit about the tabletop too.

I've been getting into 40k for about half a year or so now, but I havn't really gotten into age of sigmar yet

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon May 03, 2021 11:09 am

Hey, I watch that too. Granted I already know the lore, but I just like Bricky.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am

Catsfern wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Well i mean... sure why not?

I've been getting into 40k for about half a year or so now, but I havn't really gotten into age of sigmar yet

Im not that super deep into AoS lore myself, ive mainly been collecting an army to play with a mate which is the Daughters of Khaine army and ive started reading up a bit on their lore.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Kragnos!

Radukar the Beast!

Its a regular event in AoS, first it was all the cool characters from WFB getting an upgrade and now its seems every faction has somebody getting promoted.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 04, 2021 10:52 am

So we got some interesting reveals for Day 2, mainly for Adepta Sororitas but also some stuff around Warzone Charadon.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 am

So I've just learned that the Tempestus Scions can have 2 special weapons soldiers per 5 man squad. At the moment I have 2 squads, one with no special weapons, and one with one (a melta man).

Should I get a third squad to beef everyone's firepower? And if I do go for it, what weapons should they have, meta-wise? And what arrangements should I do in this circumstance - make 4 special weapons and a sarge then spread around the riflemen, or maybe 3 speccies and a rifle?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue May 04, 2021 11:01 am

Chan Island wrote:So I've just learned that the Tempestus Scions can have 2 special weapons soldiers per 5 man squad. At the moment I have 2 squads, one with no special weapons, and one with one (a melta man).

Should I get a third squad to beef everyone's firepower? And if I do go for it, what weapons should they have, meta-wise? And what arrangements should I do in this circumstance - make 4 special weapons and a sarge then spread around the riflemen, or maybe 3 speccies and a rifle?

Im not sure if it fits the meta but my singular tempestus squad rocks a plasma gun and a hotshot volley gun and the tempestor prime has a plasma pistol and power fist.

Having an extra squad of assembled as special weapons then mixing them around seems like a good shout though.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue May 04, 2021 11:06 am

Warhammer fest day 2 is currently under way

Currently going over the New Sisters stuff, some previously mentioned and some new ones.

I really, really like this miniature. She looks a lot better than the basic Paragon Warsuits the sisters are getting.

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Warhammer fest day 2 is currently under way

Currently going over the New Sisters stuff, some previously mentioned and some new ones.

I really, really like this miniature. She looks a lot better than the basic Paragon Warsuits the sisters are getting.

I still dislike the baby-carrier family, but I must admit that this one looks great. However, I did feel a niggle of annoyance at them calling her "on a par with other faction leaders such as Szarekh, the Silent King", even though I know (or hope) it was not meant as them being equals, just that they play similar roles in their factions - Szarekh as the head of a galaxy-spanning (admittedly divided) trillions-strong empire, and Vahl as the chief nun of the Imperium's third-largest sub-faction.
Yes I know I am being petty. Xenos get snubbed too much, make Tyranids scary again!
Last edited by Tethys 13 on Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 am

...That is terrible. It's like an even worse version of the already dumb looking Dreadknight.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 am

Tethys 13 wrote:

I still dislike the baby-carrier family, but I must admit that this one looks great. However, I did feel a niggle of annoyance at them calling her "on a par with other faction leaders such as Szarekh, the Silent King", even though I know (or hope) it was not meant as them being equals, just that they play similar roles in their factions - Szarekh as the head of a galaxy-spanning (admittedly divided) trillions-strong empire, and Vahl as the chief nun of the Imperium's third-largest sub-faction.
Yes I know I am being petty. Xenos get snubbed too much, make Tyranids scary again!

This imo is how those warsuits should look. The other ones are too... plain? If that makes sense? This one imo has the right amount of flair and iconography that sisters should have. And i think the cloak/fabric areas really add to it as well.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Tue May 04, 2021 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:

We can only hope for some xenos goodness on Friday although I suspect that any news will be decidedly green in nature.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 05, 2021 12:37 pm

New Plastic Gaunts Ghosts!

Also a bunch of new books
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed May 05, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed May 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Right so I have two Retributor squads and an Immolator to spec out.

Hrm.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed May 05, 2021 3:16 pm

The Huskar Social Union wrote:New Plastic Gaunts Ghosts!

Also a bunch of new books

It's like, "hey gaurd fans! You may be feeling a bit left out so here's a bunch of stuff to keep you intetested"
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm

Start Collecting Orkz has been removed from the US GW store. RIP amazing value. Hope that my relative who lives pretty much next to one is able to find one in person.
All of those models and a Deff Dred for $90 was like the best value GWs had in these overinflated times.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Thu May 06, 2021 2:17 am

Crookfur wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:

We can only hope for some xenos goodness on Friday although I suspect that any news will be decidedly green in nature.

New Ork Codex is my guess. Given the GW policy of releasing Codizes as double features, this would leave an additional codex that should be about to be announced.

Space Marines + Necrons
Space Wolves + Deathwatch
Blood Angels + Death Guard
Dark Eldar + Dark Angels
Ad Mech + Sisters (presumably)
Orks + ???
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Thu May 06, 2021 3:03 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

New Ork Codex is my guess. Given the GW policy of releasing Codizes as double features, this would leave an additional codex that should be about to be announced.

Space Marines + Necrons
Dark Eldar + Dark Angels
Orks + ???

Orkz will be paired with Space Wolves because apparently the Space Wolves have always been rivals to Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007

Postby Tethys 13 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:29 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:

Space Marines + Necrons
Dark Eldar + Dark Angels
Orks + ???

Orkz will be paired with Space Wolves because apparently the Space Wolves have always been rivals to Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

Eurgh. I sincerely hope not, but imagine so. Poor Yarrick and the Black Templars.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 am

In the grim darkness of the dismal past, there was only Dungeons & Dragons and a humble store where they sold miniatures and stuff.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu May 06, 2021 11:16 am

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm

So trying to build heavy flamers for my Retributor squads kind of settled what to arm them with. Two Heavy Bolters and two Multi Meltas because the pipes for the heavy flamers annoyed me.

Probably going to put the flamers on the Immolator because it just seems stupid not to. BURN BABY BURN.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction