NATION

PASSWORD

The Napoleonic Wars(Alt-Hist)(OOC)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:10 am

Imperium of Rus wrote:
Langenia wrote:
*sigh* But the Netherlands isn't very stronk :(

As the person playing as the Ottoman Empire, i think the Dutch have it better.

Fair enough.

Can I reserve the Netherlands?
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 am

Langenia wrote:
Romextly wrote:Try the Netherlands

*sigh* But the Netherlands isn't very stronk :(

Netherlands, Spain's reservation is up so thats available, Portugal is open

And yes, Netherlands reservation approved

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:27 am

Just gonna say, this Netherlands is gonna be more nationalistic and resistant to foreign occupation. Oh, and it's gonna be power-hungry too. 8)
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 am

Langenia wrote:Just gonna say, this Netherlands is gonna be more nationalistic and resistant to foreign occupation. Oh, and it's gonna be power-hungry too. 8)

It better be a friend of France and I
Last edited by Northern Poland on Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:50 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Its democracy time in the New World. 8) :p :p

Yeah, except literally no one is a democracy in 1799. Even nations with democratic organs suppress the vote for whole groups of their population. America and Mexico are just as democratic as the UK or any other semi-constitutional monarchy.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:59 am

Monsone wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Its democracy time in the New World. 8) :p :p

Yeah, except literally no one is a democracy in 1799. Even nations with democratic organs suppress the vote for whole groups of their population. America and Mexico are just as democratic as the UK or any other semi-constitutional monarchy.

Actually Mexico in this timeline doesn't suppress the vote well we only men 18 and older to vote also we don't have any land ownership requirements to vote.

Democracy will win the day. FREEDOM!!!!!
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Langenia wrote:Just gonna say, this Netherlands is gonna be more nationalistic and resistant to foreign occupation. Oh, and it's gonna be power-hungry too. 8)

The Netherlands might not be a big military power but they are a big economic power.
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:16 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:

The Netherlands might not be a big military power but they are a big economic power.

I know. I wanted to play as a big military power, but apparently that won't be possible. So im gonna have to turn the Dutch into a military power too somehow.
Last edited by Langenia on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Also slavery is illegal in mexico

Imperium of Rus
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of Rus » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:29 pm

Romextly wrote:Also slavery is illegal in mexico

Well, not in here.

but you can get a high ranking job if you're the sultans slave

unless you're a woman
I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD AND VODKA ON MY SIDE!

The Imperium of Rus is a country led by the Russian Orthodox Church. Yeah, thats kinda it.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm

I can’t really touch slavery right now because if I did, I’d piss of the south, and we all know how that would go...
Last edited by Deblar on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm

Langenia wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:The Netherlands might not be a big military power but they are a big economic power.

I know. I wanted to play as a big military power, but apparently that won't be possible. So im gonna have to turn the Dutch into a military power too somehow.

If the United States is willing the Netherlands, the United States and Mexico can forge an alliance similar to NATO. If you get attacked by any European power, that power will automatically be at war with countries 3000+ miles away and the U.K., France and Spain have a big enough fleet to move a sizable amount of troops to properly invade.
Imperium of Rus wrote:

Well, not in here.

but you can get a high ranking job if you're the sultans slave

unless you're a woman

Ah yes if you are slave in North America, come to Mexico and you will be free also any bounty hunters going after runaway slaves that will be tried and executed.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:12 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Actually Mexico in this timeline doesn't suppress the vote well we only men 18 and older to vote also we don't have any land ownership requirements to vote.

Do note that if you mess with European colonies, there might be unintended consequences. European economies demand a constant supply of goods from the Americas to fuel them, and the nations who will be most affected by messing with the colonies will retaliate to secure their economic positions.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 pm

It would be pretty based if like, the US just invaded Canada and bought Louisiana.

Not suggesting anything... totally..

Please?

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Romextly wrote:Trenaka, you should include the location of the meeting to your letter in Bavaria

I edited it and put the location in there.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Current Roman Objectives

1. Reunify Italy
2. Big armee
3. ????
4. Profit, Pax Romana v2

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Monsone wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Actually Mexico in this timeline doesn't suppress the vote well we only men 18 and older to vote also we don't have any land ownership requirements to vote.

Do note that if you mess with European colonies, there might be unintended consequences. European economies demand a constant supply of goods from the Americas to fuel them, and the nations who will be most affected by messing with the colonies will retaliate to secure their economic positions.

Both the U.S. and Mexico just fought off two of the strongest powers in the world, the Europeans will be treated the same way we treated the Spanish and the Americans fought the British. I'm think of colonizing what will become the Oregon Territory and expand up the Pacific coast until my territory touches Alaska.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Monsone wrote:

Both the U.S. and Mexico just fought off two of the strongest powers in the world, the Europeans will be treated the same way we treated the Spanish and the Americans fought the British. I'm think of colonizing what will become the Oregon Territory and expand up the Pacific coast until my territory touches Alaska.

America who'd been planning on Manifest Destiny:

EXCUSE ME???!!

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:46 pm

Northern Poland wrote:It would be pretty based if like, the US just invaded Canada and bought Louisiana.

Please?

The US doesn't have the army to properly invade Canada also if I join the war in Europe, I'm invading Louisiana territory then hand it over to the United States.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 pm

Deblar wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Both the U.S. and Mexico just fought off two of the strongest powers in the world, the Europeans will be treated the same way we treated the Spanish and the Americans fought the British. I'm think of colonizing what will become the Oregon Territory and expand up the Pacific coast until my territory touches Alaska.

America who'd been planning on Manifest Destiny:

EXCUSE ME???!!

Would rather the British or Tartarstan get it? I already planning on releasing some of my territory to you in the future though which will be negotiated at a later time.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Both the U.S. and Mexico just fought off two of the strongest powers in the world, the Europeans will be treated the same way we treated the Spanish and the Americans fought the British. I'm think of colonizing what will become the Oregon Territory and expand up the Pacific coast until my territory touches Alaska.

Those are lands claimed for the British crown, I would tread lightly there unless you want to Royal Navy to show up. And I can assure you that they won't merely be showing up for a tea party.
Mohn-sohn-eh

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:04 pm

Monsone wrote:

Those are lands claimed for the British crown, I would tread lightly there unless you want to Royal Navy to show up. And I can assure you that they won't merely be showing up for a tea party.

And yet its not a legal possession of Britain only a claim. I don't think the British can handle a long, drawn out and bloody war witha war in Europe brewing.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Northern Poland wrote:It would be pretty based if like, the US just invaded Canada and bought Louisiana.

Please?

The US doesn't have the army to properly invade Canada also if I join the war in Europe, I'm invading Louisiana territory then hand it over to the United States.

"Today I will declare war on the only stable republics in Europe, and support colonial empires that actively fought to destroy us."

:p
Last edited by Northern Poland on Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:The US doesn't have the army to properly invade Canada also if I join the war in Europe, I'm invading Louisiana territory then hand it over to the United States.

"Today I will declare war on the only stable republics in Europe, and support colonial empires that actively fought to destroy us."

:p

Spain is and always will be our enemy. We have no quarrel with Britain or their allies.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:12 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:And yet its not a legal possession of Britain only a claim. I don't think the British can handle a long, drawn out and bloody war witha war in Europe brewing.

Not only can Britain do so, but they have already done so in a quite spectacular fashion. The IRL Napoleonic wars proved it as Britain fought in Europe, India, and the Americas simultaneously with successes and victories in all three theaters. The Seven Years War played out similarly with Britain fighting on multiple continents and still winning despite being massively outnumbered.

Lessons have been learned from previous wars, and Britain also has the advantage of being the most industrialized country in the world at this time. If there is any country that can fight on multiple, fronts across oceans, and against multiple formidable enemies, it's likely the UK.
Mohn-sohn-eh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse