NATION

PASSWORD

The Napoleonic Wars(Alt-Hist)(IC)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Napoleonic Wars(Alt-Hist)(IC)(OPEN)

Postby Bolslania » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 pm

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=38577948#p38577948

Konigsberg, Kingdom of Prussia, 1797

Friedrich Wilhelm III, third King of Prussia, stood on a balcony of his palace. From that balcony waved a large Prussian flag, the black and white fitting into the dour, cloudy atmosphere. Before him stood the Grenadier Guard Battalion of the Regiment of Guards, standing sharply at Order Arms, behind them, stood assembled a large crowd of Prussian civilians. They stood silently, waiting for their king to speak.

Taking a moment to appreciate the finest soldiers that Prussia had to offer, he met eyes with Feldmarschall Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, who was looking up at him patiently.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Guards! As you all know, France has come out of its Civil unrest, and has soundly defeated the Army of Britain. I know that the Prussian will is strong, but I have chosen to remain neutral. It is a rulers greatest mistake to seek out conflict where none need be, and a war would only cause suffering and misery for the people of Prussia. But rest assured, we will not sit idly by if France chooses to become aggressive. We are a nation descended from warriors, a nation that still remains one of warriors. We have shown Europe, and the world, what we Prussians are made of time and again!" The crowd cheered. Out of the corner of his eye, Friedrich could see Blucher nod.

"It is my hope that the French people seeks only sovereignty for their nation, and is not compelled by a lust to conquer. But I know that Prussia will be able to defend itself from any threat!" The crowd cheered again. He waved a hand at the assembled band, and they started to play the Preussenlied as he stepped back from the balcony.

A few minutes later, Blucher walked in through the open door.

"A good, yet empty speech my King." Blucher said. He was one of the few people Friedrich would tolerate such an attitude from.

"Well, not much to say on the topic. Might as well send them home happy." The King replied. Blucher chuckled.

"I suppose. I would like to point out however, that if France sets their mind to it, he would crush us on the field." he said, Friedrich sighed.

"I know. But what is to be done about it?" he said.

"Reinstate the draft, fire several generals -- I have a list -- and purchase new equipment." Blucher said flatly, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Well. If that's what is necessary." Friedrich said. Blucher nodded.

"I'm afraid so."

General Notice for All Prussians!

At the behest of his Majesty, King Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia, all Prussian able-bodied men will report to the nearest recruiting station for induction into the reserves.

Hail the King!
Last edited by Bolslania on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:04 pm

Empire of Tatarstan - Yediublugh - Imperial Palace

Khan Boroghul
Khan of Tatarstan

The Empire of Tatarstan always held an unique position in Europe. It was ruled by 'Orientals' - as Westerners called the descendants of the Mongol horsemen who swept the steppes of Eastern Europe. It was an Islamic Empire in a Christian continent. The Mongols, once the Scourge of Islam, had converted to that faith. The skylines of Eastern European cities were dominated by Mosques, whose Imams loudly called for prayer. A Grand Mufti in the capital of Yediublugh ensured that the Empire enforced Islamic Law.

The Empire was far more totalitarian than even the most absolute monarchy of Europe. Everything in Tatarstan centered around the person of the Khan. His Imperial Court was perhaps the most exquisite and decadent in Europe. Eunuchs - slaves from the Caucasus - served the Khan and enforced strict protocol. Those who entered the Throne Chamber were expected to fall on their knees and remained bowed before the Khan for as long as they remained in the room. The Khan had a harem of hundreds of beautiful - but veiled - women. This harem long dazzled and intrigued Western Europeans.

The Khan wasn't simply a terrestrial overlord. He claimed Caliphal authority. As Lord of the largest Islamic Empire, he claimed leadership of the House of Islam. The Khan was, thus, the defender of Islam and Muslims everywhere. He was also responsible for expanding Islam by waging war against the House of War, the land of the infidels. In practice, though, the Khans of Tatarstan used this ideology of Jihad only when it suited their interests. When it didn't, the Tatars were more than happy to make deals with the infidels and live at peace with them.

The Empire, though, wasn't a purely Mongol enterprise. It could not, as the majority of the population belonged to various Slavic ethnic groups. Over the centuries, the Slavs of the Empire had converted to Islam. The Orthodox religion had become marginalized and was followed by a small minority. The Slavs of Tatarstan were not fully accepted as Europeans either by most in the West. Even though their appearance was European, the fact that they followed the Muslim faith made them appear 'alien' to Westerners. While only Mongols could become Viziers, the rest of public offices had become open to Slavs.
Iskander Suvorov
Generalissimo of Tatarstan

As a result, much of the mid and lower administration - as well as much of the military - was dominated by Slavs. The military leadership of Tatarstan - staffed mostly by Slavs - had undergone reforms to become more 'Europeanized' and modern. Even though Tatarstan was still not as modernized as the rest of Europe, it was trying its best to catch up. Military officers were no longer wearing traditional war-armors but rather officers' uniforms copied from the West.

"Generalissimo Suvorov has arrived!" an young eunuch announced in his high-pitched voice.

Generalissimo Iskander Suvorov walked inside the Imperial Chamber. As protocol demanded, he fell on his knees and bowed deeply before the Khan. This scene captured the synthesis of Tatarstan; a Slav dressed in a Europeanized officers' uniform bowing before a Mongol Khan wearing a traditional black robe embroidered with a golden Dragon.

The Grand Mufti of the Empire, Torgaljin, was standing beside the Khan. The Grand Mufti wasn't simply a spiritual adviser but also one of the highest officials in the Imperial Court. He was thus consulted on domestic and foreign affairs too and his opinion was highly valued by the Khan.

The Khan with a motion of his hand called the eunuch beside him and whispered something into his ear. "You may rise!" the eunuch announced. Suvorov was nearing his seventies and the Khan was willing to be lenient towards him, allowing him to stand up.

"Thank you," Suvorov said, "your Imperial Majesty."

"Troubling news come from the West," Khan Boroghul said. "The radicals in France have managed so far to retain their hold on power and to repel the coalition arrayed against them. You are my most trusted military adviser. I grant you the permission to speak freely and outside standard protocol."
Torgaljin
Grand Mufti of Tatarstan

The Generalissimo nodded. "Your Imperial Majesty, we cannot let those radicals undermine proper order lest their anarchic ideas spread further to the East. At the same time, though, I am not sure the Christians would accept our help against France. They've always been suspicious of our Empire. My proposal is that for the time being we let the French and the Christians fight amongst themselves. If the Christians defeat France, then it is good for our Empire as proper order will have been restored and radicalism will have been defeated. If the French keep defeating the Christians, then that too would be good for our Empire for our neighbors will have been weakened and forced to accept us as a leading power in the West in exchange for our help. Then we can crush the French. In both cases, the Empire will be victorious."

The Grand Mufti lowered his head before the Khan. "Your Imperial Majesty, permission to speak?"

"You have it," the Khan nodded.

"I concur with the Generalissimo that we must remain neutral for now," Torgaljin said. "However, I disagree with the esteemed Generalissimo in that I am against the Empire involving itself in the war against France eventually. I agree that the radicals are a demonic force that must be opposed, but I do not believe we should be making agreements with the infidels. Instead, when the infidels have been weakened by the war against France, I believe we should use the chance to expand the House of Islam."

"With all due respect your Eminence," Suvorov spoke, "I believe that the Empire has more to gain by acting as the defender of proper order instead of grabbing some more land. We could impose ourselves as the grand power in Europe that defends order against anarchy and chaos. That's why I believe that sooner or later we should wage war against France."

The Khan with a motion of his hand ordered both men to remain silent. "Since both of you agree that we should remain neutral for the time being, that is what we shall do. We shall not involve ourselves in the affairs of the West yet. When the time comes, we will decide if we shall wage Jihad against the Christians or war against the radicals of France. But for the time being we shall be lurking and waiting for the opportune moment."
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Vienna, Austrian Empire

1797 had not been kind to Austria. The French, engulfed in republican and radical fervor, engaged in a war that lost Austria her imperial holdings in the Benelux region, and the nobles of the Empire feared that France’s liberal and radical ideas would spread to Austria, and everyone knew what happened to the French nobles when their people got radical ideas. However, that wasn’t it. The recently acquired territory in Galicia had seen failed uprisings from Polish separatists, which, of course, inspired the Hungarians to begin protests, which kicked off a small period of civil unrest. However, now that the war with France was over, the military had crushed the revolts.

Revolts weren’t the only problem. The other was the Austrian economy. Trade with France had accounted for a not insignificant portion of Austria’s imports and exports, which was lost during the war. That loss of trade caused the Austrian economy to go into a slump, and the government was trying its hardest to get the economy going again. The damaged economy caused prices for things to increase, which exacerbated the ethnic revolts of earlier in the year. Thankfully, trade with France had resumed, for now.

Meanwhile, the army was preparing for another war with France, because the Austrians wouldn’t just let France get away with taking their lands in the Netherlands. The order calling for men to be placed in the reserves, a relic of 1792 when the whole mess with France began, had never been rescinded. The Kaiser, Francis I, was in close contact with his top generals.

Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna
“Kaiser Franz, our armies near Italy are nearly assembled. What shall we do when they are ready?” asked Archduke Charles, commander of the Army of Germany during the previous war.

“Keep them shortly behind the border with Italy. Keep them active, but not quite primed for war. We do not want to be the aggressors here, but we still want to be ready for another possible war,” replied the Kaiser. “Give a general decree to the people that all men over the age of 18 shall sign up for the army’s reserves, ready to be called upon.”

“Yes, your majesty.”

ROYAL DECREE OF HIS MAJESTY, FRANCIS I
BY ROYAL DECREE, all men above Eighteen years of age must recruit themselves into the reserves of the Imperial Army, ready to be called for active service in the future.

Gott schütze den Kaiser!
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:19 pm

Kew Palace, Great Britain, 1797

George III stared out at the vast gardens of Kew Palace, his eyes wandering, occasionally gazing out towards the Thames river. The recent years had been hard on him, the loss of the thirteen colonies, growing anti-slavery sentiment, an illness his doctors described as insanity, and then the French. The French had always been a nuisance, but now, with Napoleon at the helm of France, the nightmare of constant war between France and the UK was seemingly going to escalate to a new level. The defeat of the coalition against Napoleon was already a foreboding sign of sorts. Returning from his daze, George III found William Pitt (the Prime Minister) waiting behind him with two servants.

"Your majesty." Bowed Pitt.

"Please rise, Mr. Pitt." Said the king as he got up and grabbed his cane. "Let us sit at the table."

"Your majesty, I come to you on the issue Napoleon."

"Napoleon? All I hear is about this Napoleon, what about our war with this little Napoleon and the French state?" Inquired the king.

"Well, we may as well admit our own defeat. Our military and the military of our allies have been firmly defeated." Responded Pitt before saying: "Hanover is under french threat now, and we practically are on our own currently against the French."

"Why does this come as little surprise to me? Our army has not learned from its humiliation in the colonies! Bah!" Grumbled the king.

"Well sir, we are a naval power, a naval state. In that respect, the French fear and respect us." Pitt chimed in.

"And yet we cannot tame Ireland, there is a war over there."

"Of course sir, and for that, there are always solutions, whether it be the bayonet or the pen."

"Indeed, indeed." Noded the king before he said. "I wish for the rebellions, the troubles, in Ireland to end, whether it be via diplomacy or via the cruel metal of the sword, end the rebellion, end the unrest. No more wars in Europe before we sort ourselves out. That is my demand, unless the French attack, we shall not fight them on land."

"Yes sir." Noded Pitt.

"Then go." Stated the king.

London, Great Britain, 1797

Riding through the busy streets of London, Pitt soon found himself back at parliament. Walking through the halls of the building, he spoke with Henry Luttrell, the 2nd Earl of Carhampton, and commander-in-chief of the military in Ireland.

"Sir." Pitt nodded.

"What did the king say." Spat the earl.

"To fix Ireland before Europe." Responded Pitt.

"It's an unfixable situation unless we invest more valuable resources." Responded the earl.

"The king is willing to see to that, and so am I. Personally I desire nothing more than to crush the French, indeed, it is my ultimate desire. Alas, Ireland comes first. Heavens help us if the French strike at us first this time." Said Pitt.

"Stick with the politics and charming, I will deal with the Irish."

"Do not make me have to take control, do not make mistakes."

"Obviously, who do you take me to be?" Sneered the earl as he walked away from Pitt.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:50 am

Empire of Tatarstan

Iskander Suvorov

Radmir Borhan

Ever since the reforms of Khan Tseren (1700-31), the Tatar infantry had abandoned its traditional battle armors and had adopted European uniforms. Tseren's reform weren't stylistic only. Khan Tseren had called upon German military advisors to reform his military and bring it up to date; the result was his victory against the United Kingdom of Scandanavia and the annexation of Finland. While Tatarstan was still not as modernized as Great Britain or Prussia, it was not that far behind either and was far more Westernized than most other Oriental powers.

Generalissimo Iskander Suvorov was the major proponent of further reforms to modernize the Tatar military and bring it fully up to date. Up until then, the Empire's cavalry was comprised almost solely of nomadic horsemen, who fought much like their ancestors who under Genghis Khan had swept much of Asia and Eastern Europe. On Suvorov's insistence, regiments of Dragoons were established. The 15,000 men strong Dragoons were still a minority compared to the almost 80,000 nomadic horsemen of the ‘Flying Horse Banner’, but would be spearhead of the Tatar military.

With the French regime surviving despite the efforts of other monarchical powers, the Tatars were becoming concerned. It thus was not strange for the top military brass to discuss the situation in the West. Suvorov was in his study, seated on a comfortable chair and looking at some papers placed over his wooden desk. At that moment a servant announced that Generalissimo Radmir Borhan had arrived. Radmir was Tatar rather than Slav, and he was in command of the 'Flying Horse Banner'; the nomadic horsemen of the Empire. Unlike his counterparts who commanded infantry units, he was wearing the traditional Tatar war armor of his ancestors.

"Feel free to take a seat," Suvorov said.

Radmir sat down. "The French are more resilient than we initially assumed. Their abomination of a government seems to have managed to survive. I know some, like the Grand Mufti, are stuck to their old ways and oppose agreements with the infidels, but it may become necessary in order to contain France. We need to align ourselves with the British, the Prussians and the Austrians."

Suvorov nodded. "I believe that the Khan is receptive to this point of view. His Imperial Majesty worries greatly about the radicals in France. I believe that sooner or later, war will be inevitable with them. We should further expand our military - both in terms of spending and in terms of manpower -, so when the time comes we shall be ready."

"I agree. We shall see if your Dragoons are able to perform as well you claim then," Radmir chuckled. "But, in a more serious note, we should not be rushing to war either. We should be prepared, we should seek alliances, but we should not rush into some continental war. We should be the ones choosing the timing of war, not the infidels."

"I concur. Let the Christians fight amongst themselves for the time being. The Christian monarchs are becoming desperate. After a few more defeats on their part, they will be forced to beg for our help. Then we can form a grand coalition with us as the leading power. And when proper order is restored in Europe, the Khan will be looked up by the Europeans as the guarantor of peace and order."
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:57 am

Munich, Bavaria

The War Council Room inside the Munich Residenz Palace was filled with nobles, advisors and officers of the Crown. The brother of the Duke, Baron Karl Hoffman, was speaking to the General Genswehr and the Cavalry Colonel Weiler. Then the speaking ceased when the Duke entered.

As Duke Maximilian entered, he sat in the principal chair as all in the room waited for him to start speaking. Looking at them all in the eyes, he finally started the conversation.

"There is a troubling situation with France. Their so called Republican government has yet to collapse and have even defeated Great Britain and Austria. What do you propose Baron?"

The Baron looked at his advisors who nodded at him. He finally spoke after a couple of seconds. "Duke Maximilian, I believe it would be wise to remain neutral in this conflict. I suggest we at least wait until we see who has the upper hand. This Napoleon is a man with sudden actions. It would be unwise to challenge him so quickly. However, we should help the Austrians in some form as they are our brothers in the faith."

The Duke looked around again. "Does anyone have a problem with this plan. Speak up now or keep your silence."

General Genswehr spoke clearly. "With all due respect to the Baron, I do not believe that is the best plan for Bavaria. Though this republicanism is a problem, it could be a useful problem. Austria nor Great Britain have any great interest in us expanding and might in fact be hostile. The Prussians will almost certainly be hostile as they will want to control all of the German states. However, this new power may change things. If their campaigns may be as successful as their last, In believe we should throw in our lot with the French."

The Duke scratched his beard, thinking on the two solutions. With a sigh, he decided on his verdict. "While the General's comments make sense, I believe our best option lies with the plan of the Baron. I will send a message to Vienna asking if they shall want our support. We will wait and see if they shall make any concessions later." The Duke then stood up and left. The room returned to chattering and most left the room.

The General leaned over to his trusted officer, Brigadier General Wrede and whispered. "We must convince the Duke to agree, or else Bavarian expansion will be lost. Send a message to Napoleon in secret to see what he can offer us. Tell no one of this!"

Greetings Brother in the Faith, Emperor of Austria. We have been watching from afar your war with the French and see that you are preparing for a new one. I must ask this rather bluntly, though my advisors would have my head for this. What can you offer Bavaria. For we see no real reason tostay on your side, though the cause of fighting these godless men is a good on. I hope your answer satisfies Bavaria's need so that we may enter with you to glorious battle with you.

Greetings Emperor Napoleon. I am Brigadier General Wrede of the Bavarian Army. I am here with orders from General Genswehr of the Army. I wish you all shall win in your conquest as I am a fervent believer in the cause. I come here to ask you, what would Bavaria have to win from this if we enter as your allies? If you decide to respond, please send it through the messager with whom this letter came with. He is my most trusted officer. I bid you farewell and a long life.

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:49 am

Bernstorff Slot, Gentofte, United Kingdom of Scandinavia, 1799
Christian Gunther Bernstorff, Privy Counsellor of Scandinavia

Scandinavia was in a precarious position it had just lost a war to Tatarstan just a few decades ago, humiliated losing Finland and much of its territory around the south of the Baltic Sea. Now with France coming out of revolution and political turmoil, with a trading dispute with the Great Britain, and a war with Great Britain seeming imminent. Scandinavia appeared to be alone on the world stage, with no real allies, and with collapse seeming inevitable.

There were other factors that may lead to the collapse of the United Kingdom, the monarchs of the kingdom had for centuries put down plots and revolutions set forth by both nobles and commoners. They had suppressed any thought against them and had kept the kingdom together, but the current King, King Christian VII of Denmark and VI of Sweden and Norway. He was impressionable guiding by the advisors around him and used as their tool to control the kingdom, he didn't care much the day to day runnings of his kingdom of mostly left that up to his advisors. There had been many plots in the past by nobles to bring down advisors and friends around the king in order to keep the kingdom in good hands, and it was much of the royal family around him who actually held the power in the kingdom. But it was still officially the king who had to sign off on things and who his advisors were advising and reported to.

But with this history of instability, plotting, and revolt, and with this weak king, one would wonder would Scandinavia finally fall? It was stuck in the ways of the past, an absolute monarchy without a hint of democracy., and with the republican fervor in France beginning to pour over to the rest or Europe, could we see a revolution in Scandinavia? But it wasn't just the systems they used that were behind much of the technology the common people use were from the medieval era, even a lot of the technology the nobles used were old. The military was behind too using old equipment, led my the old men who had lost the war with Tatarstan who the old mentalities of the past. The Scandinavian military seemed to be at its weakest point in generations, when Scandinavia seemed to have no real allies and when it seemed to be the brink of war with some of the greatest powers in Europe.

The Privy Councilor of Scandinavia, was the highest ranking advisor of the King, and was what other kingdom might call a Prime Minister or Chancellor. The man who currently held that office was Christian Gunther Bernstorff, a man of high noble birth, he took over as Privy Councilor of Scandinavia from his father after his death in 1797. He felt almost as if he was a king in his own right often bypassing the actual king, his family had been Privy Councilors a few times before him and with the weak king, these days he really was the one making the major decisions.

He sat at his study at his residence, Bernstorff slot which was commissioned by an ancestor of his Johann Hartwig Ernst von Bernstorff who had been a former a Privy Councilor. He sat in his study thinking about foreign policy, he knew that Scandinavia wouldn't survive another war on its own, he knew the precarious position Scandinavia was in, and he knew that he had to avoid conflict at all costs, or at least make allies. Like his father he was preferential to or at least tolerant or the Tatars, and he wanted to make peace with them. With the British, while he didn't like them and quite despised them and quite wanted to go war them, he knew that Scandinavia would not stand a chance against one of the greatest superpowers in Europe. With the loss of the French and now British markets he knew that he had to ramp up trading connection and make real allies with Prussia and Austria should war break out. He messages to these four powers and sent them out to messengers who would get them to their intended destination and then hoped on his horse himself to ride to the king to inform of his decisions.

To His Imperial Majesty the Khan Boroghul and his Court in Tatarstan,

While we have ourselves on opposing sides in conflict before, I hope now we can put those conflicts behind us. I hope that peace may be possible and that we can have commerce between our two nations, I believe that this can benefit both of our nations and make them both richer and better off. We see now a larger threat in France and elsewhere, the Christian world will be hostile towards you, I hope that you can realize the threat before us, and I hope we can make peace.

Signed,
Christian Gunther Bernstorff
Privy Councilor of Scandinavia

To His Majesty the King George III and his Court in Great Britain,

I understand that we are in a dispute over trading, but I think we can both agree after the losses that we have both faced that we cannot go to war. I think we both know that war would be disastrous for both of our nations. We now face a greater threat, a threat that may take advantage of our squabbling and we must be untied against this threat in order to preserve our ways. I think we need to talk this over and resume commerce between our two nations, it would benefit the both of us. It would make our economies richer and stronger, and our armies more prepared and ready to fight this threat.

Signed,

To Our Friends in Prussia and Austria,

We now face threats on all sides, I believe that we must be untied against these threats, and I believe we need to formalize this unity in the form of an alliance. We must have each other's backs in the face of these threats. We must put our history behind us and move forward and be ready to face these threats. We must also have more commerce between our nations to make up for the lost market in France, we must work together to move our nations forwards, and I hope we can do this.

Signed,
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:40 am

To His Excellency Christian Gunther Bernstorff,

His Imperial Majesty, the Great Khan Boroghul, is pleased with your Excellency's desire for peace. His Imperial Majesty too believes that the two Realms would benefit from commerce and friendship. His Imperial Majesty is merciful and generous. His Imperial Majesty accepts your Excellency's offer for commerce.

With Respect,
Timerkhan Cihanov, Vizier of Rites
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 am

JANUARY 1ST 1799 - NAPOLEON'S CAMPAIGN IN EGYPT

The midday sun in the desert was something many Frenchmen thought would scorch their skin, but at this time of year the burning from it was more like a light warming feeling. The French army had landed last year and after a series of brief clashes thrown the Egyptian defenders back from the coast and the area around Cairo. The loss of the Battle of Nile to the British had hurt Napoleon, but he had been about to deal a greater blow against the Egyptians at Cairo when their government abandoned the city to him.

Napoleon, cheated out of the decisive battle he had wanted at Cairo that would have defeated the Egyptians, pursued the Egyptians south. It was down the Nile just in view of the pyramids where the Egyptians had prepared for him, and where Napoleon hoped to force a decisive battle. Napoleon had only declared himself Emperor in 1798 on the Coup of 12 Floréal, and defeating the Egyptians was not only an important military goal for him but also a political one. Napoleon had with him twenty thousand men, which included three thousand cavalry and seventeen thousand infantry. A number of guns also were commanded him, and it was today that Napoleon hoped to put them to good use.

PARIS

In Paris Napoleon's men had received the Bavarian message with some degree of apprehension. Communication with their Emperor on campaign in Egypt was limited, but they had been given clear instructions to deal with the foreign powers before he had left. And so, acting on their leader's behalf, Napoleon's men composed a response to be sent in secret to the Bavarian General Wrede.

To the Brigadier General Wrede on behalf of the Emperor Napoleon's government,

It is in our mutual interest to pursue a goal of ending the war as quickly as possible. Should Bavaria assist us in this goal, it will be entitled to the territories of Austrian Tyrol as well as several other border regions of Bavarian interest. It may also be entitled to a portion of war indemnities extracted from the Austrian Empire, which no doubt could greatly assist Bavaria's financial situation or provide funding for its other efforts. The French Empire and her allies are prepared to aid Bavaria against Austria and Prussia at the earliest opportunity.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:47 am

January 1799; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: the de facto capital of the United States. Washington DC was the de jure capitol, but the city was still under construction. In the meantime, the President, Congress, and the Supreme Court resided here. John Adams sat in his office, going through some papers, when someone knocked at his door.

“Come in.”, John yelled out. Then, in stepped in Thomas Jefferson, the Vice President. “Greetings, Mr. President.”

“Greetings. To what do I owe your presence?”

“Well, as I’m sure you’re aware, tensions in Europe are steadily rising. There is a possibility that we may have to get involved.”, Jefferson said.

“Well, I don’t see why. We have no quarrel with Napoleon.”, said Adams.

“True, but France has been impressing American merchants, as well as Britain.”
(Jefferson)

“I’m sure we can solve that diplomatically. We mustn’t go rushing into war while there are still debts to be paid from the revolution.”(Adams)

“True, but...I’m saying we should hope for the best, but also prepare for the worst.”

Adams thought this over. Jefferson had mans a good point, but he still felt that getting involved would be unnecessary. He then spoke again.

“You make a valid point, but as of right now, there’s no real reason for us to get involved. Although, should that change, then we shall prepare for a possibility of war.”

Jefferson nodded in understanding, then turned to leave.

Meanwhile, in the Congressional Building, there was debate in the House of Representatives regarding the potential statehood of Florida Territory, primarily, if the Northwest Ordinance, the plan to admit pieces of the Northwest Territory into the union as states over time, should apply to Florida.

“The Northwest Ordinance is a very good plan to admit new states into this glorious union, and I don’t see why any of the esteemed members of this body would debate against having it apply to Florida.”, spoke Representative Jackson Tawney from Connecticut.

“Because it was made for the Northwest Territory, not for that swamp that we call Florida.”, spoke another representative from South Carolina.

“Order, order! I will not tolerate the use of derogatory language to describe a territory within our country. Representative Tawney, continue.”, spoke the President Pro Tempore of the House.

“Thank you, Mr. President. I believe it is time to bring the bill for Floridian Statehood to a vote.”, spoke Tawney.

“Seconded.”, spoke a representative from New York.

“Hearing a second and no objection, the motion passes. Gentlemen, make your votes.”

The various members made their votes, and the President Pro Tempore spoke once again.

“With the majority voting ‘aye’, the bill passes. It will henceforth be sent to the Senate for further deliberation.”
Last edited by Deblar on Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:35 pm

London, Great Britain, 1799

The past two years had been tumultuous for the UK, an all-out rebellion in Ireland had nearly gotten out of hand, and both the Army and Navy had been preparing for war. India Pattern Brown Bess muskets were re-equipping the army, and the navy had gone on a building spree of new ships supplemented by the capture of additional ships from enemy navies like that of France. Despite King George III's desire to sort out the internal issues of the UK first, parliament had other plans, and the military was foaming at the mouth to strike to France once again, perhaps decisively this time.

But, there was again a more pressing concern, how to quell Irish separatism and to prevent another revolt for the time being. The answer it seemed might be union, to absorb Ireland into Great Britain, to make the Irish full citizens of Great Britain, a united kingdom of kingdoms. But, the king might not approve of this plan, and Pitt had considered this as well. To prevent the king from thinking that this was merely bowing to Irish demands, parliament (and Pitt specifically) had floated the idea of also terminating the personal union between Great Britain and Hanover and replacing it with the absorption of Hanover into this new, united kingdom.

Your Majesty,

As a humble servant of yours, I write to you an apology for the disaster that occurred in Ireland, it was an unacceptable betrayal of your order that could have had fatal consequences. Let it be my solemn promise that no such calamity shall ever arise regarding our internal affairs as a nation. I also write to you, your majesty, with a most intriguing idea proposed by parliament to ameliorate Ireland's situation and our nation's troubles.

Ireland must be instated as a full constituent nation of Great Britain, the personal union must end and be replaced by a union of equals where the Irish have no reason to complain, where they are given the same rights and liberties as Englishmen. This is not a proposal made out of support for Ireland's ridiculous and traitorous antics, it is a genuine attempt to allow us to focus on Napoleon, and on France. To counter the Irish and to solidify our position as a great power and as a nation of might, may I also suggest that Hanover be given the same treatment as Ireland and turned into a constituent nation of this new union?

France has risen rapidly from her grave and must be stopped. A united nation, a united struggle against the French is needed. Already they are in Egypt, and I can only assume they desire to reach India and end decades of strenuous labor and effort made in the colonization of India. We must leverage our forces, our strengths, and defeat the revolutionary forces at play. Perhaps an invasion of the Batavian Republic and of France proper with a direct march on Paris should be undertaken. I mean not to serve as a military advisor your majesty, but we must, and shall defeat France before the work of our forbearers is undone by a violent revolutionary who only desires to see the world burn.

Sincerely and Humbly,
William Pitt the Younger

Pitt,

I appreciate your chandid understanding and your intellectual comments regarding what is best described as a diatribe of a possible strategy to undertake against the French to ensure their total and complete defeat while also ensuring a victory to position us as the most powerful nation to have ever graced the planet. My distrust of the Irish and their shenanigans is absolutely something I have considered when considering your proposal, and I must say that I do approve of it despite not having been given sufficient details to know what it truly encompasses or what it can be assumed to lead to, this uncertainty and uncertainty, in general, is causing the greatest concern for me; furthermore, the French have exacerbated this concern as the news of their triumphs has both demonstrated their capabilities and their dedication, two things our men lack.

Henceforth I want you to have the generals draft a cohesive and usable strategy against the French at ensures our colonial possessions remain in our hands, that we deny the French of any and all possible colonies that they might have, and that we resoundingly defeat the French to avoid the continuation of this madness, of this upheaval. I trust that you are able to execute on this and are also willing to do so, after all, your father showed similar prowess in the Seven Years War against the French, ensuring our victory. Please understand that it is my desire to solely see Napoleon crush so that we may return to the antebellum nature of Europe, the old continental order.

Candidly,
King George III

Royal Proclamation Regarding Chartered Companies

By the grace of his majesty, King George III, all chartered companies of Great Britain and her colonies are to turn over their military assets to the Royal Navy and the British Army. All ships, firearms, service members, and military infrastructure are to be handed over to aid in the war effort against France. All service members of the chartered companies shall be given an equivalent rank in the Royal Navy or British Army and will serve within their former command structure, merely subordinated for the duration of this proclamation to the British crown. This proclamation shall last as long as hostilities continue to threaten the territorial integrity of the Empire, and the safety and security of her subjects, trade, and economic activity.

Royal Proclamantion Regarding Ireland and Hanover

By the grace of his majesty, King George III, an inquiry into the unification of Ireland and Hanover into Great Britain is to be begun by parliament. The terms of this unification act will be created after the results of the inquiry have been presented to parliament. Cultural, religious, political, and economic features will be investigated and considered when drafting the unification acts, the input of local populations will also be considered when drafting the acts. The unification of these nations into a new united kingdom will result in continued home rule and the existence of local parliaments, with the same inalienable rights given to Englishmen, for all eligible for them.

To Christian Gunther Bernstroff --- Privy Counsellor of Scandinavia,

Our squabbles are without basis and are quite irrational in my opinion, whatever may have caused them must be a thing of the past. As protestant nations facing down common enemies, we must not fight amounts ourselves. I am aware that the French are attempting to seize on our division, and I am aware that enemies lurk everywhere, and are ready to strike at any given time. I am willing to aid in ceasing our disputes, but only on the condition that we form a coalition against the French to fight them off together, to cease their expansionist and destabilizing campaigns. This is something that must be a priority for all nations of Europe concerned at the prospect of losing what they have fought so hard for. I invite you to send a delegate to London to discuss a possible alliance of convenience.

Cordially,
King George III
King of Great Britain and Ireland, and Elector of Hannover
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Imperium of Rus
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of Rus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:43 pm

January 1st, 1799 Topkapı Palace, Constantinopole, The Sublime Sultanate of the Ottoman Empire.

His Imperial Majesty Selim III

The sultan was sitting in his palace. He was thinking about a universe, a land, ruled by his empire. The failures of Chaldiran and Mohács were not. The Ottoman Empire was the dominant power in Europe and the Middle East, the empire had stretched from Delhi, To Madrid. From Aden, to Vienna. An empire of this size would be larger than even the Romans. It would have absolute hegemony of the Mediterranean, from the western shores of Portugal to the shores of the Black Sea. This, unfortunately, was a dream. The empire in it's current status will probably not live to see the 20th century, let alone the 19th.

He wandered around the palace, thinking of what would have been. Meanwhile he inspected the janissaries defending his palace. Compared to the main army, janissaries are very potent, compared to the poorly maintained army. In fact, the janissaries are a remnant of the glory eras of the empire. He went back to his room, reading books on the battles the Ottoman Empire once faced. He read military books, from great generals of history, yet, these books were exclusive to those in the palace. Majority of the population lived in borderline poverty. Meanwhile, the rich elites of the empire, lived a lavish lifestyle in their palaces. The economy hadn't fared too well either. It had been suffering, and now with the chance of conflict in Europe, the economy could crash.

Then, the grand vizier burst into the room. The sultan, startled by his sudden entrance, fell out of his chair. He got back up and asked, "What is it you want?" he said in an irritated tone. "Sorry to startle you, your imperial majesty.", the vizier said. "But the Eyalet of Rumelia has experienced acts of violence by nationalists in the region!" The sultan became angered. "Send in the armies! Do not let these nationalists end our empire!" He couldn't believe it. His empire, his rightful reign, was about to crumble. This couldn't happen. He would lose everything. His palace, his harem, his throne, his empire. All of it, would disappear into thin air.

A message to the Beylerbey of the Rumelia Eyalet, Ali Pasha. Send in the armed forces, as Greco-Bulgarian rebellions are likely to spring up. Crush these nationalist uprisings, and secure the stability of the empire! Greek and Bulgarian Nationalists seek to crush Ottoman hegemony, we must stop this at once! -Signed, his imperial majesty, Selim III

The Conference of the Imperial Council

Later in the day, a conference of the Imperial Council was called by the grand vizier, discussing the matters of Rumelia and the brewing conflict in Europe. "I have called this conference to discuss important diplomatic and domestic matters." he said, in a firm strong voice. "Let us discuss." Everyone in the court sat down. "First, we discuss domestic matters." He coughed. "The Eyalet of Rumelia has been experiencing increased acts of treason against the empire from rebels." "They have been encroaching on settlements and military stations to this very minute." The council began to discuss. "As I was saying, we must take action. The sultan has already proposed a plan, but does anyone here have any new ones?" The council began to discuss, when the Sultan and 5 Janissaries walked in.

"Oh, hello your imperial majesty." The grand vizier was surprised. "I am here to oversee the council conference." The grand vizier took a deep breath and said "Alright your majesty." The sultan took a seat, with his loyal Janissaries standing right next to him. "As I was saying, who has other ideas?" Not a single soul spoke up. The council was afraid to disagree with the Sultan, especially with his Janissaries around. Murmurs spread across the room like wildfire. The grand vizier became worried. '"Everyone quiet down!" He yelled. Everyone stopped talking. "Now we discuss foreign affairs." "As we all know, the Revolution in France has disturbed many of us, including me." "However, we are here to discuss the inevitable war." "How shall we react?" Many in the Imperial Council didn't think much would happen to them, it was more the domestic matters. After a few hours later of discussion, the grand vizier called off the conference. It was a failure. The empire had failed to agree on many important matters, and the entire empire could be jeopardized just because of the failure of one conference.
I HAVE THE POWER OF GOD AND VODKA ON MY SIDE!

The Imperium of Rus is a country led by the Russian Orthodox Church. Yeah, thats kinda it.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:50 pm

Vienna, Austrian Empire

Two messengers would rush into the throne room of Kaiser Francis, each bearing a letter from a foreign nation. The Kaiser opened the letter from the Bavarians first.

“Hm. Maximilian wants to know what we can offer them if they are to stay friendly,” said the Kaiser. “What shall we offer them?”

“There is always the other southern German states we could promise to them. Particularly the land directly to their West,” said Archduke Charles. “We could also offer that tariffs be reduced between us.”

“Both of those south like good ideas. I will include both of those in the response. Now, let me read this other letter,” said Kaiser Francis, as he opened the letter from Scandinavia.

“The Scandinavians wish for an alliance, and more trade. It seems like a good idea, as they also want an alliance with Prussia. If we can make allies of Prussia, Bavaria, Scandinavia, and possibly Britain, we may be able to form another Coalition against France. Charles, what is the status of the Army of Italy?” asked the Kaiser.

“The Army of Italy is ready for anything, Your Majesty. I have discussed a strategy for a war with France with the other generals. We decided that the best strategy would be to launch an offensive through three fronts: One through Italy, one through Switzerland, and one through the German states. However, we would need to secure our alliance with the Bavarians to allow for the German offensive,” replied Archduke Charles.

“Alright. Send the responses to Bavaria and Scandinavia, and send messages to Britain and Prussia asking about a possible Second Coalition.”

Maximilian, Duke of Bavaria,
The Austrian Empire would like to express its interest in remaining friendly with your Duchy. You ask what we offer, and we offer reduced trade tariffs along with a promise of you being able to seize the German states to your west. I would also wish to inform you that Austria is interested in forming a second anti-French Coalition. We are attempting to get your Duchy, as well as Prussia, Scandinavia, and Britain, against France once again. I hope you receive this news well.
Regards,
Francis I, King of the Romans, Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, etc.

Christian VII, King of Scandinavia,
We receive your message of an alliance with joy. We happily accept, and would like to inform you that we are attempting to form a second anti-French Coalition, along with Prussia, Bavaria, and Britain. I believe that with our forces combined, and if there is a good opportunity, we will be able to win this time.
Regards,

George III, King of Great Britain and Ireland, Elector of Hanover, etc...
The Austrian Empire sends its regards, and wishes to hear your opinion of the formation of a second anti-French Coalition. Austria is attempting to obtain an alliance with your nation, Bavaria, Prussia, and Scandinavia against France. If and/or when the coalition is formed, we shall wait for a good opportunity, then strike at France.
Regards,

Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia,
The Austrian Empire is requesting your opinion on the formation of a second anti-French coalition. Austria is attempting to gather your kingdom, as well as Britain, Bavaria, and Scandinavia, against France. You may ask what we can offer. We offer you the territories on the east bank of the Rhine, as well as trade deals. I hope we may finally extinguish the radical French Revolution from Europe.
Regards,
Last edited by Trenaka on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Chinniwana
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Chinniwana » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Orostan wrote:
JANUARY 1ST 1799 - NAPOLEON'S CAMPAIGN IN EGYPT

(Image)

The midday sun in the desert was something many Frenchmen thought would scorch their skin, but at this time of year the burning from it was more like a light warming feeling. The French army had landed last year and after a series of brief clashes thrown the Egyptian defenders back from the coast and the area around Cairo. The loss of the Battle of Nile to the British had hurt Napoleon, but he had been about to deal a greater blow against the Egyptians at Cairo when their government abandoned the city to him.

Napoleon, cheated out of the decisive battle he had wanted at Cairo that would have defeated the Egyptians, pursued the Egyptians south. It was down the Nile just in view of the pyramids where the Egyptians had prepared for him, and where Napoleon hoped to force a decisive battle. Napoleon had only declared himself Emperor in 1798 on the Coup of 12 Floréal, and defeating the Egyptians was not only an important military goal for him but also a political one. Napoleon had with him twenty thousand men, which included three thousand cavalry and seventeen thousand infantry. A number of guns also were commanded him, and it was today that Napoleon hoped to put them to good use.

January 1st, 1799 - Giza, Egypt

Ibrahim on his horse saw what he feared most; the vile Emperor Napoleon and his massive French Army. Once their kin, the French have fallen to madness; beheading their King, Louis, Ibrahim's distant cousin, killing many Nobles and Clergy, attacking all of Europe, then embracing the ambitions of a mad Dictator. And this Dictator's ambitions had become squarely focused on Egypt. He had conquered the Lower Kingdom; the Nile was most firmly in his control, though a combination of British and Egyptian Forces had been trying to push him out. However, Napoleon himself was still leading troops through out the Kingdom, and they were encroaching upon the Upper Kingdom.

Ibrahim's own army was stationed a few miles away from the Old Pyramid Complex, but it wasn't in the greatest shape. The Mamlukes, his brethren, had ran off into the desert, while the Knights of Alexandria, the Holy Order, was guarding the Aschelon from the Ottomans and could not risk losing it. Most of his army had either fled or were busy aiding the British in the Lower Kingdom. Ibrahim was with around 13000 troops, most of them being infantry men with less-then-modern equipment. Along side him were the Lord of Alexandria, Louis Alexander din Damietta, and Mayor of Giza, Sir Jacques Yusuf Ricard.

"Their forces," Ibrahim says to Louis Alexander in Outremerian, the Romance-Arabic Language, "they will overwhelm us here if we can not put a dent in them now."

"God is on our side," Louis said trying to reassure Ibrahim. "We shall be victorious against this Despot."

"If only our forces were stronger. The lack of the Mamlukes and the English are hurting our conquest."

"Have faith, my King. We shall win in the end, even if we falter and die here amongst the Great Kings."

Louis' words clearly worried him. For all of Ibrahim's bluster, he was no honorable warrior, and he knew it. Nor was he ready to sacrifice his life in battle. His people needed him, but a nagging thought rang through his head. Perhaps there was a chance to save his people without the bloodshed...

It was at that moment that Sir Jacques came to the two. "My lords," he said, "the Army is prepared to strike at the French Positions."

"Very well," Ibrahim said, "Send the Calvary, but the Infantry shall wait for my signal before they march."

"Yes, my lord," Jacques said, mounting his Camal.

Within the hour, 2000 Horsemen and 1000 Camal Riders started charging towards the French positions. Though outnumbered, their firm belief in King and Country pushed them to launch this desperate attack. Their goal was to surprise the French and take as many of them as they could, maybe even taking Napoleon himself if possible...

To the Great King George William Frederick

We are in desperate need for more aide from your Country. The troops you have offered in support of our state against the vile Dictatorship of France are greatly appreciated, but we request more aide from your nation in these hard times. The French are still ravaging the Lower Kingdom. We require more troops and weapons from your Kingdom to our own. In exchange, we can negotiate greater Economic Co-operation between our two nations.

King Ibrahim Charles din Mamluke
Last edited by Chinniwana on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:19 am

1799, Kongisberg, Prussia

"So the Scandinavians want a war?" Blucher said. The letter from Scandinavia had been read aloud to all members of the King's military council.

"It would seem so." Gneisenau said.

"So what are we going to do?" General Nollendorf, commander of the German Corps, asked.

"We should do it, it would heighten our standings with Scandinavia and Austria. I wouldn't be surprised if Great Britain would be getting involved either." Blucher said.

"The only question is who do we send?" Friedrich Wilhelm III said. His generals were silent for a moment. Nollendorf spoke first.

"I'll take the German Corps my King, all I ask is for is seven thousand reservists to bolster my numbers." Blucher nodded.

"I agree, we can say we were sufficiently involved to appease the others, as well as not losing many men to the fighting, while we let the other members of the coalition do the majority of the fighting." He said, his eyes distant. It meant he was thinking.

"I agree. I will order for seven thousand reservists to be raised for duty." Friedrich Wilhelm III said.

General Notice for All Prussians

By order of the King, Friedrich Wilhelm the Third, the V and VI Corps of the Reserves is being called up to duty, and will report to the North German Federal Army Headquarters

To the Office of Privy Councilor Christian Gunther Berstorff,

His Majesty King Friedrich Wilhelm III accepts your offer of peace and military alliance against our common enemies. It is His Highness' hope that our nations can work together towards a bright future.

Signed, The Office of Friedrich WIlhelm III, King of Prussia

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Christian VII's Palace, Copenhagen, United Kingdom of Scandinavia, 1799
King Christian VII of Denmark and VI of Sweden and Norway, King of Scandinavia

King Christian looks out of his palace to the rest of Copenhagen, he looks out to the unfinished Frederik's Church. It was meant to commemorate the 300th Anniversary of the first Coronation of a member of the House of Oldenburg as King of Scandinavia, and was supposed to be the masterpiece and grand church of the Church of Denmark. But after the architect Nicolai Eigtved died in 1754 the construction of the church was abandoned and the remaining structure was left in ruin. He stood in a reception room of King Christian VII's Palace, named after him, but it also known as Moltke's Palace, as it was commissioned by Adam Gottlob Moltke. The king bought a few years after Moltke's death and after his Christiansborg Palace was burned in 1794.

He stood there waiting for his Privy Councilor Christian Gunther Bernstorff, he had agreed to Bernstorff's plans to make peace with Tatarstan and Great Britain and expand trade with Prussia and Austria to make up for the lost markets. Peace would alleviate Scandinavia of its precarious position on the world and its weakening and loss of influence, and would allow Scandinavia to focus its efforts on France. It was a plan that the King agreed with and allowed Bernstorff to carry out. He like many monarchs in Europe saw as threat to them and their way of life. With the common people being long oppressed, the ideas of the French Revolution could very spread to Scandinavia, and revolution against the monarchy could very well succeed given the weak position Scandinavia and Scandinavian military was in. He needed to show his people what happened to revolutionary states, so far Napoleon and his armies had succeeded against the great powers of Europe, he knew given Scandinavia's current position that he could not defeat Napoleon alone, and that Europe needed to unite to face this threat.

It was an idea that Bernstorff was favourable to, after the King explained it to him, though he didn't explicitly mention it in his messages. An important position within this alliance could expand Scandinavia's influence in the world and save it from its current declining position. The king waited anxiously to hear back from Bernstorff and what the response from the other nations would be.

"The Privy Councilor has arrived, Your Majesty." a courtier announces before opening the door for the Privy Councilor to come in.

"Your Majesty" Bernstorff says as he bows. When he stands he continues "I've heard back from all four nations." as he says that he places all four letters on a table nearby and the king picks them up to read them. "Prussia, Austria, and Britain are all interested in forming a 2nd Coalition against Napoleon. I believe this would be similar to what you had in mind and had explained to me, I believe we should join this coalition. We must defeat Napoleon, and we must restore Scandinavia to its former glory, I believe this is our chance to do so. The British want us to send a delegate to London to discuss the possibility of an alliance, and I suggest we do so. The Tatars have agreed to our offer of peace and commerce, but have not signaled much else."

"Should we announce this to the Court?" The King asks.

"I don't think we should risk lying and I think there would be people trying to take advantage of our current situation." Bernstorff replies.

"Who do recommend sending to London?" The King asks.

"Count Curt von Stedingk, Sir. He has experience in foreign policy and military tactics. I also advise that we mobilize our forces." Bernstorff replies.

"Very Well then" The Kings says.

"I'll write responses" Bernstorff tells the King.

To His Excellency Timerkhan Cihanov, the Vizier of Rites,

We are relieved that we may agree upon peace and that we may put our previous conflicts behind us. We look forward to to the beginning of commerce that will benefit both of our nations, we look forward to this era in the history of both of our nations. But we inquire upon your nation's views on the new regime of Napoleon in France, and if your nation may be interested in joining forces with the other nations of Europe in fighting this insurgent regime. I think that we must fight this new regime to defend our ways, they serve as a threat to governances and I feel we must fight them.

Signed,

To His Majesty King George III, King of Great Britain and Ireland, and Elector of Hannover,

I agree with you that we must be united against the French threat, the republican ideas and the insurgent regime of Napoleon Bonaparte serve as a threat to all that we have achieved and believe in. I give you my word that we will aid and support a coalition against the French. I am currently in discussion with Austria and Prussia, both nations seem willing and are supportive of a coalition against the French. It has been proven that we cannot take on Napoleon on our own, but that we must fight him together. I will sent Count Curt von Stedingk to London to discuss this possible alliance, we should be on his way shortly.

Signed,

To His Imperial Majesty Francis I, King of the Romans, Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary,

I agree with you that we stand a better chance at defeating this insurgent regime together rather than alone. We have seen the damage that this regime and their ideas can do, and we must fight to protect our way of life and everything we believe in. I am currently in discussion with Prussia and Great Britain and I believe that they are willing and supportive of a coalition against the French, and I believe that such a coalition will be made, if the effort is put in place.

Signed,

To the Office of His Highness Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia,

I am glad that we can stand together against our common enemies and it is also my hope that our nations can work together towards a brighter future. I inquire upon your nation's views on the new regime of Napoleon in France, and if your nation may be interested in joining forces with the other nations of Europe in fighting this insurgent regime. I think that we must fight this new regime to defend our ways, they serve as a threat to governances and I feel we must fight them. I am currently in discussion with Great Britain and Austria regarding the possibility of a coalition to fight the French, and I believe that such a coalition will be made, if the effort is put in place.

Signed,

Proclamation by His Majesty King Christian VII and VI, by the Grace of God King of of the United Kingdom of Scandinavia
All soldiers and reservists shall report back to their bases and all able-bodied men shall register themselves to their nearest military station.
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 am

Portsmouth, Great Britain, Jaunuary 9th, 1799

"To Egypt?" Admiral Horatio Nelson asked.

"Yes, sir. King's orders. We need to fight the French there." Replied a messenger who had ridden in from London.

"And will I be taking an invasion force?" Asked the admiral.

"Yes, sir, they should arrive within the week. You'll be taking 30,000 men and their supplies." Explained the messenger as Nelson nodded.

"And I am also to take Malta?" Asked Nelson.

"If the orders dictate so." Replied the messenger.

"I see."

"Very well, sir, I must be off."

"Alright then."

As the messenger left, Nelson sighed. The winter was still cold, and the seas were choppy, pleasant journeys could not be assured, nor could even the safe arrival of every ship, but disobeying the king really wasn't an option. In two weeks and four days' time, he decided to sail, one week for the troops to arrive, another week to ensure no delays and ready the ships, and perhaps a few days to spare just in case the weather turned for the worse. Then, it would be off to Egypt and praying the French Navy and the weather would cooperate.

Bombay, 1799

"Attention!" Shouted an officer as soldiers raised their guns onto their shoulders and stood straight and sternly.

Walking in front of the troops was Arthur Wellesley, studying the troops, he nodded and observed their well-polished equipment, clean uniforms, and well-trimmed (or nonexistent facial hair). Strolling over to some awaiting officers who were smoking pipes, Wellesley spoke.

"Are they ready?" He asked.

"Aye. They are ready to march." Responded an officer after blowing a cloud of smoke.

"Have the orders been delivered yet?" Inquired Wellesley as one of the officers grinned.

"They have." Stated the grinning officer as he handed Wellesley the papers.

"Excelent."

"We're to end the war, you know."

"I am aware, and that means the death of the ruler, the conquest of the kingdom."

"Aye."

"We march at dawn, tomorrow," Wellesley ordered.

Francis I, King of the Romans, Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, etc,

I return the regards to you and your kingdom with the hope that they may be found in good health. Despite our withdrawal from European affairs two years ago, we are able to return to strike once more at the heart of republicanism in Europe. I have already ordered an invasion of Egypt to curb the spread of these vile ideals; I eagerly await the formation of the said coalition.

Sincerely,
George III, King of Great Britain, Ireland, and Elector of Hanover

King Ibrahim Charles din Mamluke,

I can guarantee you, that the French shall not succeed in Egypt, by the time this letter reaches you, the might of the British Empire will be closing down on the French with the sole goal of snuffing them out. Hold steady and wait, aid is soon to arrive and will provide great relief, all I request is that you hold steady.

Christian Gunther Bernstorff --- Privy Councilor of Scandinavia,

I eagerly await the arrival of the representative and wish them safe travels through the North Sea.

Mohn-sohn-eh

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 am

Vienna, Austrian Empire

“Kaiser Francis, responses have been received from Britain and Scandinavia,” said a messenger as he delivered the two letters.

Francis opened them and read them through. “They both support a coalition. Excellent! Now all we need is the Prussians. The Bavarians may be of some help, but are not necessary....” said the Kaiser, trailing off.

“What is it?” questioned Archduke Charles.

“I’ve had an idea. What if we were to invite Tatarstan into the new Coalition? We’ve worked together in the past, with the Polish Partitions. They could be a powerful ally against the French.”

“The other nations and the nobles might not like that, Your Highness. Most other nations aren’t too fond of Muslim states,” responded the Archduke.

“I’m not too fond of Muslim states myself, but Tatar involvement may be necessary. I will send letters back to Britain and Scandinavia asking if we should invite the Tatars,” said the Kaiser.

King George III, King of Great Britain and Ireland, Elector of Hanover, etc.,
Austria thanks you for the acceptance of another Coalition, and would like to ask if inviting Tatarstan to join this Coalition would be accepted. Tatarstan would be a great help in defeating France in the upcoming war.
Regards,

Christian VII and VI, King of the United Kingdom of Scandinavia,
We thank you for your willingness to fight against France in another Coalition. We are also in talks with Britian and Prussia, and so far, Britain has responded, saying that a Coalition is eagerly awaited. I would like to ask you, as I did with King George III, about the potential involvement of Tatarstan in this coalition. I know your nation has had some difficulties with them before, and I am by no means a fan of them, but they might be a great strategic partner against France. I await your response.
Regards,
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 pm

Civitavecchia, Repubblica Romana.

Admiral Casella walked alongside the Captain of Formidabile, one of the 3rd rate Ships of the Line in the Roman navy. The captain piped up, "Admiral Casella, what are my ship's orders for this tour? You've pulled me and my crew out of cozy barracks, and dragged us to Civitavecchia, but no one has spoken a word about our task." The Admiral looked over. "My dear friend, my apologies for not informing you." He inhaled, "As you may know, a good portion of France's attention is tied down in Egypt. That entices the royal navy and other powers that dislike our friends in the French republic." He then withdrew a map from one of his uniform pockets, showing it to the Captain. "You are to take 4 Frigates and patrol the area from here to Tunis, seizing enemy shipping, destroying smaller enemy vessels, and holding up any attempts to reinforce Egypt." The officer nodded along, as he continued. "Another task force, with 2 3rd rates, and 5 frigates, will patrol the Ionian sea and areas near the island of Crete."

"Is that all, Sir?" The Admiral looked at him, "Don't forget the French ships are on our side." He said as he smirked, slapping the Captain on the shoulder. The captain returned the smirk, before saluting and proceeding back to the few amassing ships. The admiral left alone for a moment enjoyed the Mediterranean breeze, then returned to his office within the town.

Rome, Repubblica Romana.

Fontanelli paced a hallway in the Quirinal Palace, he should've known he would've been roped into this "Game" between the rival consuls. He had greater ambitions, of kicking the paper pushers out, sure. However, for the time being, he was a pawn in this game. He was currently helping Consul Angelucci, Fontanelli being a very important person to have on one's side, as he controlled the only major army unit in the city, the Republican guard. While the Urban battalions in theory was a counterweight, in reality, the professionals among the Battalions would help the Guard, and the conscripts would probably desert. Back to the point, he thought. Now that Angelucci had asked him to reel back some of the Consul's guard details, he immediately recognized it as a setup for assassination on other consuls. He could, of course, do this, let him secure more power, but that'd close any option he had of supporting someone else, and make it harder for him to take power if he so desired. Alas, the time to decide was soon, so he pondered, wondering to himself who fate had already chosen.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:06 pm

Munich, Bavaria

After the message had arrived from Vienna, a council had been quickly convened and the message from Vienna was read out loud to the council members. After the full message was read, the council waited in silence. After a time span of around 5 minutes, the Duke finally spoke. "So, my council members, what are your thoughts on this deal?"

The baron was quick to respond. "This is a sound deal. There is plenty of opportunity here. The lowering of trade tariffs could help us revive our economy. Do not forget that there will be more nations for our market as we are seen as the allies of the victorious coalition. Add into the equation a renewed monarchical France market and we have a great deal. This can also help expand our influence and our territorial holdings. The small states are no match for our army. It is clear that the deal is a great bargain."

General Genswehr began to shake his head. "Do you remember what caused our economy to fail? Does anyone here remember?"

Viscount Kahn butted in. "It was the revolution. I think I understand your point general. If we were the only ones privy to the French market, we could reap enormous benefits."

"Do not forget that the war has no even begun," advanced the general "We have no way of knowing who will win, unless The LORD tells us so. Napoleon has shown to be a great tactician. There is no guarantee of our victory. Even if we win the war, it will be at the cost of thousands of lives. How will we conquer the other states?"

"We don't even have to take part in the greater conflict. We can send two divisions to help protect their supply lines and not take part in any great battles. We can come home heroes. And Maximilian, do not forget that these are republicans. They wish to abolish the nobility. We cannot side with them."

"So you will join sides with the heretics of the Prussians, British and Scandinavians! What is this blasphemy!"

"It is better to join them than pagans. Don't forget that they arrested Catholic Priests. At least the heretics allow Catholics to practice in peace. My lord, we can just send 5,000 men, two divisions to aid them. We can raise a new brigade from conscripts."

The Duke sighed.He wished there was no infighting, but he knew it was inevitable. He finally decided. "WE will join the new Coalition. The benefits outweigh the costs. We will send two divisions and a new conscript brigade. This meeting is adjourned"

May god bless you, brother in the faith. We are pleased to announce that your deal is acceptable. However, we can only spare 2 divisions of regular men (5,000) and a brigade of militia men (1,000). We understand that this number is small to our new allies gigantic armies, so we suggest to become the rear guard and reserve of your great and magnificent army.

Meanwhile, General Wrede had left the meeting early to receive the response from Napoleon. The General decided that it was a good deal, but could not trump the deal by the Austrians. He knew what was to be done. He asked the Duke to promoted to Major General. The Duke was surprised, but granted his wish as there was a vacancy open. Then the new Major General volunteered his division to be one of the two to be sent to the coalition army. Thus, afterwards he sent another message to Napoleon.

Greetings, Consul Napoleon. Or rather, Emperor Napoleon as we call you here. I have showed the Duke your terms, but he has instead chosen to side with the Austrians. Do not fear, as I have been chosen as one of the major generals to lead our army. I will be able to send you details and hopefully defeat the coalition. Though I hope you will grant Bavaria more mercy in return for my service.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:32 am

Mexico City, Mexico

President Sanchez stands on the balcony to his office at the Presidential Palace in Mexico City gazing at capital of the nation he has led for the past 6 years. While he knew trouble was brewing in Europe, his main focus was continuing the rebuilding of the Mexican economy that was ruined because of the rebellion many years ago. José decided to a message to President Adams of the United States.

To President Adams of the United States
From President José Sanchez of Mexico

I am sending this letter inviting you and an entourage to Mexico City to discuss topics too sensitive for this letter. Please send a response back telling if you accept this invitation or not.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Mexico City, Mexico

President Sanchez stands on the balcony to his office at the Presidential Palace in Mexico City gazing at capital of the nation he has led for the past 6 years. While he knew trouble was brewing in Europe, his main focus was continuing the rebuilding of the Mexican economy that was ruined because of the rebellion many years ago. José decided to a message to President Adams of the United States.

To President Adams of the United States

I am sending this letter inviting you and an entourage to Mexico City to discuss topics too sensitive for this letter. Please send a response back telling if you accept this invitation or not.

John Adams sat in his office, going through papers, when a knock came to his door.

“Come in.”, he called out. Then, in came one of the staff. “Mr. President, you’ve received a letter.”

“A letter? From whom?”

“From Mexico.”

“Hmm...let me see it.”

Adams then read the letter word for word. “It would seem the Mexicans are afraid of Napoleon - and rightfully so.”

“So should we accept?”

“Of course. I’ll send a letter back.”

“And who will accompany you in Mexico City?”

“Jefferson, maybe Washington, if he’s up to it, perhaps Hamilton...”

“Well, I’ll send the message that you wish for them to accompany you.”

With that, the aide left, and Adams began to write back.

To: President José Sanchez of Mexico

Dear President Sanchez,

I appreciate your willingness to send a letter, and gladly accept your invitation. Me and my companions will travel to Mexico City as fast as we can.

Sincerely,
John Adams

Once he finished the letter, he waited for the aid to return to send the message to Mexico City. Meanwhile, said aid was sending letters to the ones John Adams wished to have accompany him.

To: George Washington

Dear Former President Washington,

President John Adams has accepted an invitation from Mexico for talks. He wishes for you to join him to represent the United States in Mexico City. We do hope you accept.

Sincerely,
The Office of the President

To: Thomas Jefferson

Dear Vice President Jefferson,

President John Adams has accepted an invitation from Mexico for talks. He wishes for you to join him to represent the United States in Mexico City. We do hope you accept.

Sincerely,

To: Alexander Hamilton

Dear Alexander Hamilton,

Sincerely,

After the messages were sent to their respective recipients, the aid returned to Adams’ office and sent his letter to Mexico.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 am

Dear [Privy Councilor Bernstorffe] [Kaiser Franz]

It would be King Freidrich WIlhelm III's honor and pleasure to host the meeting of the 2nd coalition in Konigsberg, Kingdom of Prussia for the purpose of discussing how it is best to persecute a war against Napoleon's France. It is asked that a reply be issued within one week upon recieval for the purpose of arranging a suitable location.

Sincerely,
Court of Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia

[The following only applies to Scandinavia]

While his Majesty King Freidrich Wilhelm III is aware of Scandinavian diplomacy with both himself and Kaiser Franz, he would be please to know if Scandinavia reached out to any other nations?

Trenaka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:00 am

War room, Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna

Kaiser Francis would sit at an elegantly carved table, laden with different maps. Around the rest of the table sat his military advisors and his top generals. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Enter," muttered the Kaiser. The door opened to reveal one of his aides, bearing two letters.

"I have responses from Prussia and Bavaria, Your Majesty," the aide said as he set the letters on the table.

"Excellent," replied the Kaiser, opening the letter from Bavaria.

"Good news!" the Kaiser announced to the room. "Bavaria will join the Second Coalition, though they cannot provide many units. Their units will join with our army. They can be grouped in with the Army of Germany."

He opened the letter from Prussia next.

"Even better news," he announced. "Prussia will join the Second Coalition, and has requested that the countries of this Second Coalition send representatives to meet in Konigsberg to discuss the war. I will send responses to both Bavaria and Prussia."

Maximilian, Duke of Bavaria,
I thank you for your willingness to stand up to France and their radical ideas. I would also like to inform you that Prussia is joining the Coalition, and has requested a meeting of representatives from all Coalition nations in Konigsberg to hammer out a strategy for the war with France. So far, the nations that are involved in the Coalition are Austria, Prussia, Britain, Scandinavia, and your nation.
Regards,
Francis I, Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary, etc.

Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia,
I thank you for your acceptance of an alliance against France. I will send my commander-in-chief, Archduke Charles, to your meeting in Konigsberg to discuss war strategy. Currently, Austrian strategy is to send an army through Bavaria and an army through Italy to attack the French from two fronts.
Last edited by Trenaka on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

Anthem

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:09 pm

To the Leaders of Austria, Prussia and Great Britain

Though we are a young nation, Mexico would like to join your coalition against France as Mexico has a long border with France's Louisiana territory and our relationship with France and it's allies are frigid thus war could break out at any time. I ask that you send a representative to Mexico City so that we may discuss terms.

All across Mexico, the reserves of the Mexican Army were activated with 650,000 troops entering their barracks to begin training for a possible war with France. At the Texas- Louisiana line 100 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, 2 brigades of heavy infantry approaches to within 1 mile of the border. Spotters looks across and sees if they're any French Army troops across the border.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse