NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 pm

Somewhere else entirely
A meeting of Sin

"Very well!", the deity exclaimed happily. "Then gifts is what thou shall receive. Worry not about what thy Sins will think...we know each other very well, even if they might not admit it. The scales swing one way or the other as fate dictates, all I can do is try to keep them as balanced as possible.."His tone growing a little serious, and yet with a smile on his face, the little god approached each of the Archbishops, and touched their foreheads with his index finger. For a moment, a black mark, like a stain of ink, appeared on their skins, and each of them in term would, for a brief moment, see in their minds, and in their thoughts.. whatever it was that they desired the absolute most in this world. Even Pride, so composed and calm even in the face of divinity, seemed.. troubled, for a moment. "Ask me not what these gifts shall do for thee, for I can not answer. They will make themselves known at the opportune time. And trust me.. they will be needed."

A moment of silence followed, as the deity plucked a flower from the ground. It quickly withered, and turned black, covered in a thick, black, mold-like substance. "But be careful with what thy desire is. Life.. is a fragile thing.. and even sins must have a limit." The god then looked directly at Pride. "And Kiryl, thou shall know... return to the glade. The one who has thy love is in danger." It took the white haired boy a few moments to even comprehend what the deity had said, with that name...and then he realized. He turned around, and started running to the forest. The boy-god giggled, looking at the others. "Thou might not trust me, seeing as I'm but a mere little deity.. but if thou shall let him die in the near future...it would end badly for everyone involved."

Not saying anything else, the skull-masked figure turned around, and disappeared into the forest, in the opposite direction.

A glade where the Sins had met

By the time Pride and the other Archbishops arrived, it was clear that something had went horribly wrong. Blood was deeply staining parts of the ash where too much of it had fallen to the ground to be completely absorbed, the bodies of several cultists were laying on the ground, dead, and the one they had let to rest here, Meta, was nowhere to be seen. Alexei was also lying on the ground, unconscious, but he was still breathing, if just barely, something that the silver eyed boy was able to hear from the beginning. Not stopping for even a moment, the Archbishop fell on his knees next to the blue haired man, and quickly took out a vial of something, pouring it on him, a slightly more diluted potion that could heal and yet still hurt as it was doing it. "What happened?", he nearly shouted, as Alexei started to wake up, grabbing him by his collar and dragging him up forcefully. "Where is she?"

Earlier

"it would seem that your lack of concrete memories about the past has only made you more predisposed to live in your delusions.", Ekaitz replied, in a relatively cold voice. There was no visible sign of his anger, and the prince seemed to be as calm as he had always been, but those who knew how he was like would have quickly noticed that he was no longer smiling and that his tone had grown a lot more serious - a clear sign that Meta's endless replies had finally started to affect him. It was as if his voice had suddenly become icy cold. "You are a worthy match for the Archbishop of Pride.. thinking so highly of yourself. But that is in the end the difference between the hollow and sinful pride that marks you two, and the rightful beliefs of those who know who they are and what their place is. You truly are amusing, a whore who thinks that she was someone, a whore proud of her profession." Ekaitz giggled. "We tried to act nicely with you at the beginning, for after all, who were we to judge the Gods and their choices? But it was you from the start who refused to know your place. You think having been used as a prostitute by kings means anything? You are waving your own sinful past around and being proud about it. We are no king, that is true, but kings nowadays are the ones who are a dime a dozen. Broken bloodlines, boy-kings led by fear and paranoia, or led by their servants. The blood of the great Apostle Asier flows through our veins, not that you would understand or care. It's through these crests you mock that we survived. What happened to the Realm of Thorns? It crumbled and withered away. What happened to the Realm of the Eternal Flame? It burned so brightly that it turned into darkness and fell. And yet we are still here. Because we understood that obedience is nearest onto heaven. And you think that we would care about how much of a prostitute you have been? About how many men you've led into sin? About how both you and him have fallen prey to such desires? You insult us through this. If we would really care about that, there would be nothing simpler that using the crest to get what we want. We could throw you so that you could be used by our soldiers, like the Achysians did. But we can only find solace in the thought that you will pay for your sins, in this world or in the next. "

Ekaitz giggled again. "Oh he is following that necromancer, you just don't know it. Just like that time. You don't remember it, do you. How both of them tried to protect the Mage-Emperor's spawn from the fate that should have fallen upon them. And that is why we cut your eyes out and left you to die. You betrayed your oaths to the Faith and to the free peoples of the Silver Realms, only because your blind loyalty towards that mad priest. You never had a place there, and you never understood what was truly going on. For a moment there, you had risked the fate of the entire world. That deserved punishment." The emerald eyed man sighed, as he looked at Saeria. "It's alright, Saeria.. it's understandable that you would fear the crest. And you have already proven your loyalty beyond doubt in many other ways. But a crest can go both ways. If you'll ever want to experience what boundless trust means.. you can tell us." He then remained silent for a moment, looking at the sky. "And we understand.. even if others might not. If it's for the greater good, sacrifices must be made...if we must stain our hands with blood so that the rest of the world might live safely.. then so be it." Ekaitz looked back at Saeria, smiling ago. "Come then ,we shall go"

Despotate of Xerena
Խերենակո Դեսպոտեռիա
Xerenako Despoterria

Obedientia est propinquissima caelo

Citadel of Barrakazo
A few nights after

When Meta had finally come back to her senses, she was in a room inside a castle somewhere. Her wounds had been healed, and she was no longer in any pain, even of course, she continued to be shrouded in darkness, unable to see, only able to feel that was sitting on a wooden chair, on a floor of stone, with the chilly air of castles. Someone, probably a maid, was tending to the fireplace nearby. "The Prince will soon come, my lady.", a woman's voice was to be heard, speaking in a distinctly Xerenian accent, and sure enough, before Meta was even able to say anything, a door opened somewhere, and two different sets of footsteps marked the arrival of two persons.

"You may leave, Agurne.", Ekaitz's word was heard. The maid bowed deeply, and left them alone, with only someone else nearby, someone who of course had to be Saeria. "Welcome again to Barrakazo.", Ekaitz told Meta in a clearly somewhat mocking tone. "You may not remember it, on account of dying and then being corrupted by Sloth of course, but we stopped here in the final year of the war. It's a citadel in Calaria, that was given to us to protect against the invading Achysian forces. And now, it's going to be the citadel where the Cult of Sins will end." The prince giggled, making no effort to hide his amusement or his excitement. "Perhaps we have treated you too harshly.. after you, no matter of how sinful you are, you are going to play a role in this, the most important role perhaps. Maybe one day in the future, your name will be sung in ballads and legends as the one who sealed the fate of the Archbishop of Pride.. what say you, Sleep Princess? Will you serve as the bait for the trap that will bring your beloved prince to an end?" This time Ekaitz couldn't help but laugh. "This is what we've waited for... for so long. A way to bring the leader of the Cult of Sins from the hole in which he was hiding, a way to cut off the head of the Cult and to bring it to an end in one precise strike. He will come to save you, he will. As much as we hate the concept of using hostages.. it has to be done, under such circumstances. It is the only way. You may believe that he has a chance to win, you may believe that he will certainly win, regardless of the fact that he lost the last time.. but you will see. Once he enters this citadel, he won't leave it alive.. and we will make sure that he stays dead this time. And after you accomplished your purpose, peace and salvation will also be granted to you, Sleep Princess. But before that...you still need to be punished for your sins, or else your soul might never be cleansed no matter what we do. We need to break your loyalty to that accursed priest of sin no matter what."

A moment of silence followed. "Let us think.. say, Saeria, the same way you can see and manipulate memories.. can you create false ones, or at the very least remove certain parts of already existing memories?"
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Az’goxaak, the Forgotten Prince
Some Town in Morizia
Signing with a story teller

Az took a moment, perhaps she should have expected that a story teller would have tried to reach the heart of the Misty Forest. Still it was slightly surprising. If only the mist was not as effective as it was, then perhaps Az could have met Faye sooner. But that was the past. Still Az could not help but smile at the irony of this situation.

Most who go searching for the Eternal Hermit never find them. Az signed, And yet many still try. Something powerful enough to cover a forest in a mist such as that surely has a reason for not wanting to be found. And that creates a mystery that many want to uncover. Is the Eternal Hermit an evil being, trapped as to not be able to harm the world? Or are they an evil being using the heart of the forest as a place to plot in secret? Perhaps they aren't evil, as the stories of those who have met them surely tell. Perhaps the Eternal Hermit is a force of righteousness, trapped by evil magics? Or maybe, they are just some crazy old coot who just wants to be left alone with their left shoe collection? The only way to know for sure is to break through the mist and find the Eternal Hermit.

And it is for that reason that I would not call it a fools errand. Az signed and chuckled, I can tell you for sure that the Eternal Hermit is not evil. As for if they are good, that's another question entirely that depends on the person. I would like to believe, form my experiences with them, they are at least trying to be as good as they can.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:56 am

Ennestein, Anselm
Asche

It's been a while since Asche received a fragment of her memory. Materializing the notebook, she begins to jot down what her dream showed her. The dream had her on a boat out on a lake with a young man around her age sitting across from her, rowing the boat. The man was light skinned and muscular. He had wavy black hair and dark eyes. The clothes he wore was unlike anything she'd seen in this world, clearly a fashion in the world she came from. He was smiling at her while he was rowing.

Not much detail of her world was shown outside of the young man she was with, she was out on a lake and the only other thing she saw was a bunch of trees. However, what stood to her was when he looked at her and said "Emily." Well, he said other things but Asche could only remember the word Emily. She wrote down Emily and underlined the word a few time. There is something significant about that word. It sounded similar to a merchant she met at Pakrzyski, Aemilia from Calaria. There is a likely chance that Emily could be her own name. It's difficult to tell since she had no memory when she woke in this world, as if she just emerged from a woman's womb but with an adult form and intelligence.

She smiled when she thought of the name Emily. If it is a name, then it's a beautiful name, she wouldn't mind if she had that name on her. She wondered how friends and family are reacting to whatever condition she's in to have her end up here. Did she die and wound up in this world as if it's an afterlife? Were they grieving for her passing? Had she simply disappeared and they're searching for her whereabouts? Had time simply froze in her world when she ended up here and if she returns, life simply resumes as normal? She always questions why she is in this world. Is there some god who has use for her to solve a problem or was she there by fate? She stopped writing and the notebook disappeared back into the void in which she summons things. It was time for her to clean up.

She heard there was a public bathhouse in a building next to the tavern so she'll have to clean herself there. Once she gets herself clean up, she'll get her breakfast and then it's time to find the slaver from the location he wrote down on the note she kept from that assailant with the magic eyes.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Fereni
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:37 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Some Town in Morizia
Signing with a story teller

I think very few people are truly good or truly evil, Faye signed thoughtfully. Most people... they have good things and bad things to them. I suppose what makes someone 'good' is if they are trying to be. Still, that's a rather complicated topic... maybe someday when my own magic is stronger, I'll try to find them again. For now, though, I am content with what I have. I am curious, though, since you say you've had experiences with them... what was that like? I'm always interested to hear the stories of others.
Tracian Empire wrote:A glade where the Sins had met

Alexei was very clearly in bad shape, blood still pouring rather freely from where Ekaitz had stabbed him and Lichtenberg figures tracing from his left hand up to his face. The potion didn't exactly help with the pain, but he was able to stay at least semi-lucid, enough to understand Kiryl's shouting. "Take your hands off of me," he rasped, and pushed Kiryl back, although he had to brace himself against a nearby tree to keep himself upright afterwards. He pressed his free hand over his wound, gasping. "It was that damn... that damn prince... pretending to be a hero again. I don't... know where... I didn't let him near her until he knocked me out. She's alive, though. I know that much. Because if he'd killed her... he would've just left her body behind." He hissed in pain, spitting blood on the ground. "Damn it," he whispered, half to himself. "Not again. Not this again..."
Tracian Empire wrote:Earlier

"Of course I'm proud of it," Meta replied, tossing her head. "Whether you and that damned Faith of yours like it or not, people do have desires, and fulfilling them is no less a noble profession than any other." She folded her arms. "I did things for other people, whereas you do things for yourself. I have more to be proud of than an unrepentant murderer like you ever will. I refused to know my place? As if I should subscribe to such ideals. I will never willingly be subservient to anyone who hasn't earned it. I don't believe anyone is owed anything from me, hence why I never let you do anything with me. Your status doesn't mean a damn thing to me, haven't you realized that yet? Your title, your bloodline... it's useless. You did not earn your place in this world, it came to you in your blood, and so it means nothing. I, however, have worked hard my whole life to reach where I am. That's far more admirable than what you've done." Then she laughed, almost hysterically. "I insulted you? Good. But I didn't lie. I know you do care, because I remember enough about dying to know why you killed me the way you did. How many times do I have to say it before you stop spouting your bullshit? You were jealous. That's why I know you won't 'throw me to be used', or whatever, because seeing me with other men makes you jealous. 'Paying for my sins'... If I'll go to hell, then you certainly will, too. I'm sure we won't see each other, though. You'll probably be far too low for that."

At his last words, though, she actually hissed in anger. "What an ignorant thing to say," she said, her own voice suddenly as cold as his. "That fool of a necromancer could never lead us. My prince is the most powerful of us all, and the one we all bow to. A pitiful creature of Invidia, causing nothing but torment, waking people from their sleep... who would ever bow to him? I understand more than you'd like to think. Does it scare you to know that a woman is too good for you? If it makes you feel any better, you're hardly the only one. After all, I am the Sleep Princess. It would certainly take royalty to meet my standards, and yet... you can't live up to them at all. How sad. Punish me all you like, I don't care. It just proves my point--that you're a jealous husk of a man who can't bear to think that there's a girl on this earth that he can't impress."
Tracian Empire wrote:Citadel of Barrakazo
A few nights after

Meta listened carefully to her surroundings, noting the place the maid's voice came from, and then listening to Ekaitz. That doesn't last long, though. Why would it? His words fade out quickly, the last thing she bothers to hear his question.

"Will you serve as the bait for the trap that will bring your beloved prince to an end?"

What kind of a stupid question was that? She would never do something like that, not as long as she had a choice in the matter. And right then, she did. She wasn't bound by ropes, chains, or magic, and Ekaitz hadn't given any orders, so she could move freely.

While he continued to speak, she assessed her options. Attacking the two in the room with her would be foolish. She couldn't defeat them both, especially without her sight. There was no chance of persuading them to change their plan. That didn't leave a lot of other choices.

It looks like... I'll have to do it.

In her mind's eye, she could still see him, reaching up to touch her face, his own stained in blood.

"I don't... I don't ever want to see you wounded again... not... not for me."

"The pain of knowing that you were hurt was so much greater than the pain of my own wounds."

"I know that I can't ask you to not protect me, because I'm never going to stop protecting you either, but please... please promise me that you won't risk your life for me if it means your death. Please... promise me."

At least she hadn't had to break that promise, since she'd never made it in the first place.

There was blood trickling down her face again, she could feel it, but she didn't want to let Ekaitz see her tears.

"No," she said, her voice quiet, but full of determination. Then she stood up, and she ran.

She didn't try to run away; she didn't know her way around, so she would certainly be caught. Instead, she ran to where she'd heard the voice of the maid before, and the crackling of flames.

It seemed she was going to be finishing what that demon had started, herself.

I'm sorry, Kiryl.

She reached into the flames, and felt her sleeve catch fire. Despite her fear, she even managed to smile.

"You will never turn me against him."
i'm keeping the flag until i find something better

Saleon wrote:oh, gosh, you guys are insane.
Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...
Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:17 am

Saeria

Saeria brings her hand to her chin in thought. "Yes, both are within my power, creating a completely false memory however is a delicate act as it must be believable to their mind, editing details of memories is more closer to child's play for me though." She doesn't advertise it but such things are closely related to her main arts so knowing them is only to be expected when you have specialized in magic related to the mind as much as she has. And it isn't like it isn't for good purpose, she has frequently had to use such powers to help those who had suffered things best not talked about at the hands of the Cult of Luxuria. If she had not, many would not have been able to live with themselves after what they had done or had done to them.

She listens to Meta's words and shakes her head, her defiance is admirable but there is no point to it, not while Ekatiz is in front of her. So she doesn't even bother to intervene.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:47 am

Michael Alexander, Morizia

Every so often, mercenaries from the occupying forces would go into a town, accuse all those inside of being 'rebels', and pack them off to slavery. Michael had seen it happen many times since coming to Morizia, and as the boy wandered the lands looking for painting materials - A grace allowed by his nobleman patron - He saw a party of Calarian slavers, bringing with them several members of the Company of the Forsaken, marching towards the town he was staying in to do just that. As he watched from the window, he can see the heavily armed mercenaries troop to the town square, before one of them yelled in a magically amplified voice (Oath Magic worked wonders when one already wanted to speak) to make his demands.

"All right, folks!" he shouted, "In the name of the Basilisk Company under the employ of the King of Morizia, all men, women, and children in the town, be they local inhabitant, visitor, or traveler are to gather in the town square to answer charges of harboring rebels and subversives! Failure to comply will result in this town being razed to the ground and all resisters killed!" This mercenary then brought out a torch, "You have fifteen minutes to come out of your homes or else face immediate judgment as rebels!"

Michael - No, Michal Czeslaw Aleksandrowicz - fumed. This was all a pretext to gather people together for easier capture and enslavement rather than risk them fleeing. Not merely that, but it also made sure that any would-be 'heroes' had to fight in the open, without the advantage of the terrain, and could be more closely identified if they survived the encounter.

Nevertheless, as he went out, wearing his fine clothes, he knew that his connections to his nobleman patron would spare him the dark fate of slavery... But his patron won't like it if he slaughtered an entire company of mercenaries and revealed his powers. But if they endangered him somehow, well, he could justify it. But for now, although these people weren't the Black Band, he'd paint the streets with their blood, one way or another.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:28 pm

The Last Admiral

I stand from my seat and dismiss the illusions. "If that is all then I have to go speak with my officers I brought with me about the plan and send word back to the mainland as the Lord General is expecting my report about this matter. I will see all of you at the feast." With that I leave and, walking through the halls, I arrive at a room, one of a few that was given to myself and my men to use.

I give a specific knock on the door and hear a voice on the inside. "What are the words?"

"The war will never end..." I answer, giving the specific phrase to show I am not under duress.

"...until we triumph over evil." They give the phrase to show they are not under duress either and I enter and several of my officers I brought with me after finding out about this meeting I are standing there with crossbows while the Maiden sits on her knees in the back of the room.

"Lord Admiral, what was the result of the meeting?" One of the officers asks.

"A plan of attack has been prepared, we will be fighting the Calarians." With that I lay out the plan made and get nods from them all before I turn to the Maiden and detail a report to her about the entire meeting to be sent to Lord General de Velira.

After I finish the Maiden waits for a response from the Lord General and after receiving it she speaks. "Lord Admiral, the Lord General wants you to repeat the name of the general you met."

I raise an eyebrow behind my mask but comply. "Éric de Villegaignon."

The Maiden frowns at the reply she gets from her distant sister and says, "Lord Admiral, I advise you sit down before I tell you the message." The eyebrow does not go any lower but I sit down regardless and the Maiden conveys the message from the Lord General.

"...They did what?!" I ask, for the first time in a long time losing control of my emotions.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Some Town in Morizia
Signing with a story teller only to be interrupted

I don't think your magic being stronger would help. As the stories say, those who find the Eternal Hermit are never searching for them. Az signed, It is as if the mist knows your intention, and prevents those seeking the Eternal Hermit from finding them. As for what the Eternal Hermit was like...

Az's signing was interrupted by the sound of shouting outside. Honestly, the man shouting sure had a set of lungs, as even from where Az was, she heard exactly what was being shouted. To say Az was skeptical of what was being said would have been an understatement.

This will be interesting. Az signed as she sighed before leaving the building.

"A little harsh don't you think." Az said as she entered the town square. As she entered, Az took a look at each of the mercenaries, and quickly got an idea of what she was dealing with. "Razing an entire town and killing everyone as punishment. Not really good for getting what you want from this town in the future... But then again, really great for imposing fear in neighboring settlements, making it easier to get what you want from them in the future."

With that Az locked eyes with the leader of the mercenary band, a hand on the hilt of her blade. There was a slight glow in Az's eye for a second or two before she continued to speak, "And what you want isn't to root out rebels be it for the sake of patriotism or the reward. No, what you want is far more questionable. After all, slaves pay better than kings do they not?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:44 pm

A few miles outside of Ennestein, Anselm
Asche

Asche looked around the field from the woods through her spyglass. According to the note she snagged from that assassin, Kaesar's hideout should be in this area. She sees a farmhouse surrounded by fields of wheat but no one outside. No lights are in the house as well. She'll have to wait a while until she sees a face. She's been on long stakeouts before when she was tracking down bounties. This wouldn't be any different. She made sure she's stationed in an area where any movements close to her would make noises. The last thing she needs is to be caught in a trap set by Kaesar and his entourage. She wouldn't have to worry about starving, she made sure to purchase plenty of jerkies, cheese, potatoes, and bread for sustenance and she had refilled three canteens to keep herself hydrated.

A few hours had passed during her stakeout when she noticed movements left of her hiding place. She spotted eight people walking to the house. Seven of them are armed and one was a woman with both of her eyes and mouths covered and their arms tied behind her back. She peered closer at the blindfolded woman. The lady was covered with bruises and cuts. There was something about her that looks familiar and then a feeling of dread hits her. That was the lady working in the tavern. She'll have to rescue her one way or another.

One of the armed men knocked on the door. The door opened and a man steps out to greet the armed men and the captives. Asche studied the man who greeted them. The man was large with messy black hair and a thick cut beard. So far, the man fits the profile of Kaesar except she hasn't seen a scar on his right cheek. She couldn't tell from the distance she was in. She'll have to move in closer to confirm the identity however she would have to wait until the people outside went in so to avoid any attention to herself.

Three of the armed men dragged the woman into the room while the others remained outside to guard the house. Asche contemplated materializing a crossbow or a bow and arrow to take out the guards. She certainly has the range and she's confident that she could take them out. However, that chance where she missed the lethal area could alert the guards and the others. She'll have to sneak in through the wheat field to get closer and then incapacitate them before she bursts through the door.

It took a while but she crawled through the wheat field out of any of the four guard's sight. Lucky for her, those guards are equipped with spears, an excellent weapon but won't do them much good in a close quarter fight. She just has close on in with the element of surprise. The guards are also spread out around the house, allowing her to take them out one by one before it's too late. She materialized a dagger and snuck up behind a guard. Grabbing him from behind, she cupped her left hand over a guard's mouth as both of them struggled. Eventually she slit his throat and the guard remained silent. Laying him on the ground, she went for the next who was none the wiser.

Eventually, the guards outside were either dead or incapacitated. Now she must enter the building, kill Kaesar and the other armed men, and free the woman. The windows were boarded up, the only entrance is through the door. Asche studied the structure of the door and shook her head. While Asche is pretty strong after experience in this world and perhaps from her world (judging by her muscles when she woke up), there is little chance that she could simply kick through a locked door with enough force to slam it open. She doesn't have a bunch of men backing her up to pick up a battering ram and open the door with it nor could she materialize a battering ram. There are days when she wished she had a friend helping her out in cases like this.

There is one thing she could do and she hopes that it would work. She raised her fists at the door, and knocked on it three times.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Some Town in Morizia
Signing with a story teller only to be interrupted

Faye was more than a little bit perturbed by how Az said it would be 'interesting', but it was an afterthought to the rest of the situation. The children were starting to cry in fear, and some of them were looking at the door as if genuinely considering going outside as commanded. She certainly couldn't let them do that.

Come here, she wrote quickly. Don't be afraid. I won't let anything happen to you. She pushed a chair in front of the door, knowing it would only be a slight hindrance but wanting to make them feel a little bit safer, and herded them away from windows. With luck, they might even escape notice entirely.

Spindle wrote:We love you and all, but I'm fairly certain you are also the literal devil.
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Even with another name, you having fun is still worrisome.

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm

As he walked towards a dandelion which had grown on the side of the two square Michael saw the mercenaries' leader look rudely at this mysterious adventuress with glowing eyes before scoffing and saying in a rough voice:

"Ah, a wannabe herone," the mercenary leader said as he opened the hood and cloak he wore to reveal a breastplate over cloth and trousers and a sheathed sword, which he pulled out and pointed at his would-be opponent. "Your petty magic tricks won't scare us - There are three dozen of us and only one of you!"

People were already rushing out to the town square out of fear, complicating the situation. Nevertheless, Michael picked up the dandelion, then channeled his bloodline's magic into it, turning it into a whip, whose crack drew the mercenaries' attention. "This adventuress does not stand alone. I am under the protection of not just my own magic but also a Noble of Morizia - One of the few remaining which isn't intimidated by you meatheads. Leave this town without bloodshed or I will leave none of you alive."

The glint in his eyes showed that he was serious, and for a brief moment, the Merc Captain stepped back, before regaining his courage and saying, "You're bluffing. And even if you're not, we don't run away from women and children - Attack!"

A dozen drew a collection of swords and maces while another dozen took out crossbows and longbows. Ten stayed in reserve while two Mages began chanting. As the mercenaries charged, Michael swung his dandelion whip, which grew longer and thicker as it entangled a mercenary's leg, then with the force of a giant's hand, swung him at his fellows, even as he took out an acorn from his pocket which he had been saving for dinner with his left hand and infused it with enough magic to turn it into a shield of oak which withstood a half-dozen arrows.

Dropping the whip, Michael took out a handful of cherry pits from a lunch he had a couple of weeks ago and threw them at the main knot of mercenaries, smiling smugly as the magic he infused them with turned them into a set of entangling roots which ought to bind them - He was in his element!
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:09 pm

A few miles outside of Ennestein, Anselm
Asche

No response came through the door after she knocked. She knocked again, still no response. Not deterred, Asche rummaged through the nearest guard's body for anything to help. She found a key and used it on the door handle. The key fits and she was able to open the door and was greeted by a guard with a crossbow. Luckily for her, she closed the door shut before the bolt made contact with her face. Summoning a knife, she opened the door and launched the knife at the guard, causing him to drop down in pain.

She entered through the house and materialized six swords for defense and checked any rooms. Not a single soul was discovered, the next step would be the second floor. Two guards at the stairway caught sight of her and fired their crossbows at her. She muttered Petals of Heaven and a barrier popped up just in time for the bolts to bounce harmlessly from her barrier. As the guards tried to draw their crossbows, two swords she materialized launched and penetrated the guards.

Unless her numbers were off or if Kaesar has more armed men hiding in the house, she had taken down every men who greeted her bounty at the front. All that leaves in the house would be Kaesar and the captive. On the second floor, she saw two rooms. She opened the first door to see a man sitting down, battered and chained up. She recognized him as the man behind the kitchen at the tavern. He must've been caught before the woman. She quickly freed him from his chain.

"Thank you lady," the man said. "They got my wife, Hilda, in the room next door, please save her. Let me rest for a while." Asche nodded and went in front of the second floor. Without any hesitation, she kicked open the door to find the captive tied to a chair and a surprised looking Kaesar, holding a knife. He flung the knife at Asche and rushed towards her. The knife missed her and she launched the rest of the swords at him. The swords stabbed his chests and he coughs out some blood before collapsing to the floor.

Asche rushed to the captive to untie the blindfolds and the ropes. Despite his imposing demeanor, taking out Kaesar was surprisingly easy.

"Who are you, what's going on?" the woman cried out before opening her eyes to see Asche, recognizing the patron at the tavern. "Oh it's you, what are you doing here? Is Hans okay?"

"He's fine, I'm a bounty hunter tracking down this monster and I'm here to get you and your husband out," Asche said.

"Oh thank you and thank the gods," Hilda said, crying a bit.

"Can you walk?" Asche asked. Hilda stood up and moved her legs and nodded in confirmation. Asche walked over to Kaesar's barely breathing body, ready to decapitate him. By then, the swords had disappeared and all that's left were holes on his chest. A quick decapitation and his head was placed in a sack.

She turned to the woman. "The next room has your husband. Once we leave this dump, it's important than you and husband find something to protect yourselves, there's no telling of any hostiles we might encounter." Hilda nodded meekly before she went to the other room.

Asche projected some swords and checked each rooms in the house again to make sure no hostiles were hiding. A few minutes later, Hans and Hilda met up with her, both holding a shield for protection with Hans also holding a sword. Asche went outside to check if it was safe to go outside. A bunch of archers and crossbowmen and one 6.5 tall man who looks like Kaesar but bigger were waiting for her outside. The bowmen were aiming their weapons at her but no one appeared to be ready to fire.

"Get back in the house," Asche said to Hans and Hilda. Both of them nodded and retreated back to the house. The giant motioned for the ranged infantry to lower down their weapons and stepped forward.

"I must admit headhunter, I didn't expect anyone to make it as far as you did," the giant said. "Normally any other headhunters perished against Meddy, they usually don't have a counter to her eyes of petrification and are normally dead before they reach Ennestein. I was surprised when my henchmen informed me that a headhunter made short works of her."

"You went to my hideout, took out the guards, and freed the captives. You even have a sack, likely holding the head of Kaesar," the giant said, pointing at the small sack that Asche has tied to her belt. "Very impressive."

"However, what you experienced was a carefully laid trap made by yours truly. The Kaesar you killed was just a double, to put any prospective headhunter to lower their guards down before I arrive to make quick works of them, either with my hand or with my men. Just so happens that no one except you made it this far in reaching my hideout."

"Such a shame," Kaesar said, shaking his head in a mock manner. "It looks like you're ready to leave this place with the bounty and the captives free but now you're facing certain death. Had we live in a different world, I probably would've asked you to work for me as an employee. It's too bad, I have arbalists and bowmen aiming their weapons at you and the captives' heart. You were very close, headhunter, yet you're still far away from reaching the goal." He turned to his ranged infantrymen. "Kill her," he said.

As ordered, bolts and arrows rained from the sky, aiming towards Asche. Petals of Heaven was quickly summoned for the arrows to bounce off of the barrier harmlessly. Then, she responded back by summoning and launching swords and spears at the bowmen. A few swords hit their mark but more arrows are coming, forcing her to fall back to the house and slammed the door shut just in time for a few arrows to pierce through the door.

At this point, Asche knew that she was in trouble. There was just too many hostiles focused on her. She thought of using Memory Unlimited but shook her head. That is an ability for a last ditch strike and that drains her mana quickly. If she uses Memory Unlimited, then she would be in a weakened state for at least 72 hours. Any surviving hostile could simply kill her and be done with it.

She just needs something that could distract the hostiles just enough for her to respond back with projection magic. Hans and Hilda looked at her worryingly.

"I recommend taking every crossbows and bolts in the house and use them incase they break through the door," Asche commanded.

"Open the door, summon Petals of Heaven, and let loose some swords," she muttered to herself. She could her the sound of arrows and bolts peppering the front of the house as she took a deep breath. As Hans and Hilda took cover at the second floor, she flung open the door with the flowery barrier summoned in front of her.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:16 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Vis e fidelitate efflorescit
Strength blooms forth from loyalty

Opaliński Kościół

Relief was the only thing Rafal could feel at the beginning, like a surge of cold waters extinguishing the flames of anxiety and tension that had been taking over him. Even as she had started to speak, he couldn't help but still be afraid. That he would scare her somehow, or that what he had told her wouldn't be enough. He knew that her wounds were deep - the last think he wanted was for him to keep making them worse. Even as she blushed, or as she tightened her grip on his hands, he wasn't certain of anything. She was like a porcelain doll perhaps, but that also meant that he could never truly look past that frail and yet opaque barrier unless she let him to. But as she finally looked back at him, and even more, looked directly into his eyes, without tears, with determination, even..he felt as if he could breathe again. And a lot more than that. The smile that had already been present on his face grew brighter and warmer. Seeing her feeling at least a little better.. it made him happy. It really, really did. It warmed his heart in a way unlike anything else.

It was only after he had soaked in this feeling of happiness that he fully realized that what they had said to each had sort of sounded as if they were saying their vows, and the red haired boy blushed in embarrassment, copying her gesture and ducking his head slightly, before smiling yet again. "I'm happy. I really am.", he answered earnestly. For a moment, he wanted to continue, to tell her why, but he still.. he still had no clear idea. A knight was supposed to be happy when helping people, that much was sure, and after going through so much together with her, both saving the life of the other, and now deciding to marry in order to protect her, they were certainly not strangers anymore, and being friends wasn't enough for everything but.. he still wasn't sure. The whirlwind of thoughts and feelings going on in his head was confusing, so he wasn't going to tell her anything, so that he wouldn't help lying or withholding things from her, or even just confusing her. But he felt as if.. he had taken a step towards understanding it, at least. Feelings were such weird and fickle things. "And I'm glad.. that you feel like that. You can rely on me, and I will do my utmost to protect you. And we'll work on things together for as long as we are together. I want this place to become like a home to you, a place where you'll feel better. And I'm sure that everyone else here will feel the same, no matter what."

A few moments of silence passed, but that is when the hesitant steps of another person were to be heard, and Rafal turned around to see Anastazja at the edge of the garden. Realizing that she had been noticed, the girl stopped right in her tracks, and for a moment looked as if she was about to just turn around and run..but her determination won over after a few more heartbeats, and she pressed forward. The past hour certainly hadn't been too kind to her. Her hair, which had been prepared and a little braided with the help of some servants for the dinner was now a little messy, and her red eyes were clearly indicating just how much she had cried. And then on her hands, and on the dress that she was wearing there were drops of golden wax, clearly melted from one or more candles, probably taken from the castle's chapel. The red haired girl stopped right in front of them, and Rafal hesitated for a moment. He clearly wanted to try to comfort her, but behind the redness of her eyes there was a clear determination that he knew all to well, and he was certain that she wouldn't even listen to what he had to say, so she had something to say to Alina. He didn't want to leave Alina alone, not now, but he also couldn't just stay in between them and their conversation.

"I''ll be checking on my mother.", he declared as if he was talking to both of them, but he tightened his grip on Alina just as a little, just so that she'd know that he wasn't meaning to leave and that she had his support. Sometimes, a gesture could say more than a thousand words, and in this instance, Rafal certainly hoped so. As he let go of her and turned around to advance further into the garden, it was however still clear that he wasn't getting too far away - far enough so as to not be rude and interfere in their personal discussion, but close enough to return in an instant if Alina needed him. And yet what followed his departure was.. silence. For close to a minute. Anastazja said nothing, clearly thinking, arranging words in her head, and not even looking directly at Alina, her eyes fixated on something else, in the distance, wandering. And then she eventually spoke.

"Alina...", her voice was trembling a little, but held together by her determination. Receiving the news that his father might have had an affair, and that the mother that she had thought dead since she was little had in fact lived with someone else and had given birth to someone else afterwards was.. well, it was something completely difficult to comprehend even for a person in regular circumstances. Even more so for her. Because behind her facade as a princess and baroness, and as a future candidate for the position of ruling the Grand Duchy, in the end, she was a girl who had found out just that morning that her father had been killed, assassinated. Learning so many things about him that couldn't possibly be true and yet had to and were confirmed by details.. it was crushing. Some might have reacted by rejecting them completely and refusing to believe them, or by getting angry at the person who had mentioned those details. By making a scene, by giving in to hate. "I don't know... what to believe. I always knew my father as a honorable man, and I always assumed that my mother was a noblewoman who had.. died during the war or something. I never imagined that my father would have ever lied to me, that my mother could have been married to someone else, or that she could have just left me with my father and continued to live on for years without me ever knowing about it or ever meeting her. Everything I knew about my father and believed in so far told me that this has to be false. But.." She sighed deeply, looking as if she was about to start crying again. Many would have just given in to a storm of feelings. But not her. This wasn't who she was, or how she had been raised like. Even now, especially now perhaps, she couldn't forget everything that her father had taught her, and her soft heart couldn't bring itself to hate or to be angry at Alina.

"It has to be true. It explains so many things that I just.. never tried to question. Never tried to think about. So many little holes in the story that I just tried to ignore because I always believed that honor was the most important thing for my father. But by following him so blindly, I forgot.. I forgot that love was always what guided him. He was .. he was.. he was a kind and good man, who would do anything for.. for the people he held dear. He didn't.. he didn't remove me as his heir even if he was entitled to, as the Grand Duke. He could have just thrown me away and tried to get a male heir somehow. But he didn't. He recognized me as his daughter, and he got the Kebra to accept it too. He could have just locked me up in a castle and paid tutors to take care of me, but he didn't. He raised me by himself. So knowing that.. knowing that I can understand why he would have broken his honor. He clearly.. he clearly loved my..our mother..very much." She stopped for a moment again, hesitatingly starting to look at Alina directly. "It must be true... I was too confused and exhausted to think about it before, but I can see.. I can see my.. our mother in you too. My father had.. he had a portrait of her, in a locket. It's.. it's the only way I ever knew how she looked like, besides from his stories. He had it with him, when.. when he died, so I don't have it back yet, but.. but I remember it." She stopped again, and took a deep breath. "But if it's true.. if she is indeed our mother.. then I'd.. I'd be glad to have you as my sister, Alina."
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Earlier

Silence. Pride didn't even react, as if he hadn't heard what Alexei had said at all. He made no gesture when the other Archbishop pushed him back, and just.. stood there, motionless, for a few good and painful moments. "...What?..", the boy's voice could then be heard, almost as low as a whisper. "The prince...hero..", he murmured, placing his right hand over his chest and visibly flinching, as if remembering something. But then.. he slowly took a step forward, extended his hands, and hesitatingly felt his way around the man's collar. And out of a sudden, he grabbed it, and pulled up, and forced Alexei back against the tree and up a little, just enough for there to be a little distance between his feet and the ground. A shorter and clearly much more frail boy was holding him up, and Pride himself was starting to shiver a little, because of anger maybe, or because of fear... "How... how dare you..", the white haired Archbishop told him, his voice strained and seeping with bitterness and repressed pain. "How dare you.. fail in the one task I've given you. How dare you fail to protect the girl you dare to think of as your daughter. How dare you still be alive? You should have fought to defend her until.. until.. until...that bastard prince had burned you to death with his lighting!" Fury was clearly present in Pride's voice, slowly but surely getting louder, but his eyes...his now golden eyes were just as hollow as they'd always been, not looking at Alexei even if the man was right in front of him.. but tears were now rolling down his cheek. "You don't know.. you don't know him. You don't know him, or you would have died fighting to protect her. How dare you respond like that. You don't even.. you don't even know where they've taken her, if they've taken her, how many they were.. how do I know that you weren't in league with them? Give me one good reason not to kill you right here and now you bastard. Speak!"

Despotate of Xerena
Խերենակո Դեսպոտեռիա
Xerenako Despoterria

Obedience is nearest onto heaven

Citadel of Barrakazo
A few nights after

Ekaitz remained impassible as Meta answered, and made no sort of reaction or gesture as she stood up and ran, even if a warrior of his experience should have the reflexes necessary to react to such a sudden event. He simply stood and watched, as if he couldn't believe it or as if he was made of stone, as she ran towards the fire, and reached into the flames, the smell of burning material and of the beginning of burning skin filling the air. But as he heard what were meant to be her final words, the prince merely sighed. "How foolish.", he replied, his voice was cold as ice. "Stop that, and turn around." And Meta obeyed. She had no choice, with the glowing crest on her forehead. She turned around, taking a few steps away from the fire and simply stood there, as her dress was still burning, as she was still burning. Ekaitz extended his hand, his palm facing outward, and murmured a chant in Thyrian, causing the flames to disappear. Coming closer to her, he then placed his palm on her forehead and started chanting a spell of healing, looking at her with an expression that was rather unfitting for the usually stoic dragon prince - one of genuine worrying. As the pain and wounds disappeared, a subtle smell of lilies of the valley spreading throughout the room. A final chant then restored the original state of her dress, and it was as if this had never happened.

As if Meta hadn't just tried to kill herself.

"Let us be clear then. We order you, by the crest that is now your loyalty, to never again try to kill yourself.", the emerald eyed prince declared, his voice a mix of icy determination and concern. "We will be saving your soul this time around, that much we can promise you. So even if you have fallen so deep that you can no longer see the light, we will not allow you to fall even deeper. Suicide is a sin, a crime against the life the Gods have granted you. You shall no longer fall into Sin. We shall make you redeem yourself in the eyes of the Gods Above." Ekaitz then sighed again, as he looked at Saeria. "Editing details of her memories is what we will ask you to do then. We didn't want to do this, but it's.. inevitable. If she has been so corrupted by her false love for that Archbishop of Pride, then we simply need to remove it. It was this sinful desire that pulled her down towards the fall of corruption to begin with, it was he who took her away from the righteous path and made her help him and that accursed necromancer in attempting to destroy everything that we had fought to save. As much as I hate it.. we need to make her hate him." He looked at Meta for a brief moment, before facing Saeria again. "We need to delete some of her memories. All the memories she thinks are good of her and him. Do not completely erase them, as that would be beyond our duty, but hide them so that it's as if she would have forgotten them. And alter the rest.. make her think that he is the reason for why she died, in a more direct way than he was. And lastly.. emphasize that he was a priest, and that he was connected to the corrupted part of the Faith that captured her when she was little, and that we removed after the War of the Deceitful Flame. Or anything else you think might work. And worry not, Saeria. We trust that you are more than able to do this, and we will help. We shall use the crest to make her more susceptible to the changes, and if you require mana for it, it shall be provided."

Ekatiz's emerald eyes looked back at Meta one final time. "Take your goodbyes from your old corrupted life, Sleep Princess. Your redemption begins now, and we are sure, we are certain.. that one day you will thank us for it."
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun May 02, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Sat May 01, 2021 5:19 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Opaliński Kościół

"It's already the closest thing to a home I've ever had," Alina admitted softly. "Since you're here with me, and people are so kind... I never thought I'd have anywhere like this."

Yet once again, she heard footsteps, and her eyes went wide when she saw Anastazja approaching. Guilt pierced her heart, and she squeezed her eyes shut. She'd only been trying to help, and yet Alina had...

Rafal was leaving, she realized, and although she wanted to protest, her words died in her throat as he tightened his grip on her in a reassuring manner. He wouldn't be far. It was certainly going to be fine. Still, she couldn't help but reach out slightly. Rafal. Rafal, don't leave me. Don't...

The silence only lasted for about a minute, but it felt more like a millennium, making her want to run away. At least it was better than being yelled at.

She listened to Anastazja's words in quiet trepidation, before reacting with evident shock to her last statement. "You... you would? Really? I..." She doesn't know. The voice of despair crept back into her mind. If she finds out, she'll change her tune for sure. But she didn't have to find out. She didn't ever have to find out.

She bowed her head at last, trying to think of more words to respond. "Your father... I do think he was honorable," she said quietly. "And... Lady Adelajda told me about my mother. Our mother. He did love her. And she loved him, I know that. There were things she did, things she loved, that were because of him. I didn't know that, not until today, but I can't deny it. And she... I don't think she left you. I think she gave you up." When she looked back up, tears were beading in her eyes again. "She wasn't in a loving marriage, or even just a caring one. Her husband, he... he was so cruel. He hated us. He hurt us. I always wondered... I wanted to know why. Why would my own father hurt me? Why would he do all of those things to his own daughter? It all makes sense now." She laughed, but it was more sad than anything else. "He probably never thought I was his real daughter at all. You're older than I am, aren't you? He probably knew... that she had gone behind his back. Of course he would think she might have done it again. I think... she gave you up, because she didn't want to risk putting you in danger. So he wouldn't hurt you, too. I'm glad she did. Even though it means it took so long for us to meet, I... I'm glad you never had to know him. I'm glad, because... at least you didn't get hurt. I deserved it, so it was fine for me... but you didn't. And she didn't either, but..." A sob caught in her throat. "She's dead. I'm sure of it. If she'd run away, she would have taken me with her, right? And she would've taken her favorite necklace, the necklace your father gave her. So she couldn't have run away. She's dead... and I think he killed her. She wouldn't have left me alone with him, I'm sure of that. I have to be sure of it. I don't know what else to think... Even though I deserved it, I... She wouldn't have left me to suffer, right? She must have loved me, too. Even if I was his child. She wouldn't have left me... Not if she had a choice..."
Tracian Empire wrote:Earlier

"In league with them?" Alexei's words were sharp as a knife. "What a disgustingly ignorant accusation. You have no idea, do you? You never saw it. You don't know..." His hands came up, and his fingernails dug into Kiryl's wrists until he drew blood.

When he receives the news, his world shatters.

She is dead. His daughter is dead. He doesn't give a damn about what they're saying about why--heroes, traitors, it doesn't matter--the only thing that matters is that she is dead.

Money changes hands, and changes hands again, and her body is returned to him.

The sight of it makes him sick. She was mutilated before she died, her eyes gouged out and her stomach cut open. Why, how could anyone do this to her?

That night, he holds her lifeless form in his arms, cradling his daughter one last time, and he cries unashamedly.

She doesn't receive a proper burial. She can't, because she's been declared a traitor. He buries her himself, in a small plot of land behind the home that will never be graced with her presence again. He cries once more over the freshly-dug grave, cursing himself for letting her go, for not doing enough, for not being there to protect her. And he curses those with her, that group of fourteen, seven of which are now hailed as heroes while his daughter lies dead in the cold ground. It feels like he died with her.

The house remains empty, aside from him. There is no more laughter, no more music. He sometimes finds himself calling out for her, forgetting briefly that she is gone, and can never answer.

It isn't long after that that he forgets her name. He hates himself for it, hates himself so much, because how could he forget his own daughter's name? He wants the people responsible to burn in the lowest corners of hell.

He continues with his work, because he has nothing else left. It feels hollow, empty, now that his fortune has no more purpose, but he keeps going, because money is all he has, even though it's entirely useless to him now. It won't bring her back. Nothing will ever bring her back.

"You didn't see her after that bastard carved out her eyes and cut her open. You didn't bury her. You didn't have to live on with the pain! You died, and yet... you tell me that I should have died protecting her, but you couldn't even do that yourself. I entrusted her to all of you, and you let her die. Did you even fight for her, as I did? I'll wear these scars proudly, because at the very least, I fought until I could fight no longer. Unlike you, I didn't let her die. I would do anything for her, after all, I am her father. Even after you all came back..." He laughed bitterly. "I gave her her eyes, I gave her her sword, and you, what did you do? Do you think I didn't see how you treated her? She would have done anything for you, yet you treated her like nothing more than a tool. Do you even know how much it hurt her? How much she sank into despair, because she loved you? Gods only know why she would ever choose you after what you've done. Don't pretend that you're so much better than I am, and don't you dare accuse me of working with that ебарь again." His eyes narrowed. "Kiryl, is that the name you have now? Well, Kiryl, let me tell you this. No matter what she thinks of you, no matter how much she loves you, I will not accept you. She is the most precious treasure of all, and someone like you isn't worthy of her. If you ever wish to have my acceptance as her father, you will have to prove yourself. I doubt you're capable of it, but I'll give you the chance to prove me wrong. Of course, that starts here. This time, make certain that you save her, or die alongside her again... and this time, I will, of course, be coming along. Since I clearly can't trust you with her safety... I won't make the same mistake I did before, and entrust her to your care again. Now stop wasting my time. We should move quickly, after all, should we not? I'll even let you take from my vault of relics... under the condition that you use them to your utmost ability in order to protect her. If you fail again... Well." He smiled mockingly. "I'll add a special enchantment just for you. Do not fail her again."
A few nights after

Meta was cursing him, over and over, with the strongest words possible in as many languages as she knew. She couldn't seem to feel anything but rage and hatred, until she heard his instructions to Saeria.

It all drained out of her then, all the anger, replaced by the icy touch of fear and despair. No. No no no no no. This can't happen. You can't do this to me.

"Don't." The word came out as a barely-audible whimper. "Please don't. Please don't take him from me. He's all I have, he's the only thing that makes me happy, you can't take him from me, you can't--I'll do anything. Take what you want, I won't stop you. I won't even try. You won't have to use the crest, you won't... you won't..."

She held back more bloody tears, wishing that the earth would open up and swallow her whole along with the entire damn citadel and everyone in it. She wouldn't cry, she wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Why was this happening? Why did even her memories depend on this? She thought she might faint.

I'm sorry, Kiryl. I don't... I don't have a choice, not really... not if I want to remember you the way you asked. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I love you. Please forgive me. Please...

It would be worth it. It had to be. Otherwise... No, it would be, she couldn't sacrifice herself like this for nothing. He'd asked her to remember him as he was, and she'd promised she would. She'd promised...

"That's what you want, isn't it? Even if you say you don't! That's the one thing you could never have, no matter what you said, what you did, how hard you tried to get it--but you can have it now. Take it. Take it, but please don't... don't take him away from me. Don't make me forget him... I promised I'd remember, I promised, so don't make me forget. I'm begging you, so please don't..."

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 01, 2021 12:26 pm

"Evangeline"

She was going to open her mouth and speak in Alexi's defense, because she knows Alexei and knows what he thinks of Meta, but she refrains from doing so during Alexei's rant about protecting her. That does establish his loyalty well enough. Finally though, to dispel doubts, she speaks quietly with her head dipped low, because she also had her agreement with Alexei that, through no fault of her own she thinks, she failed to uphold. "Alexei does speak the truth when he says that Meta is his daughter, and despite our differences, I know he would do anything to protect her. If he says he fought to protect her with everything he had then he is telling the complete truth." She knows her comment is unwelcome because Pride doesn't think much of her cult and that it is a pretty open secret that Alexi hates her and even when they were on good terms their relationship was purely transactional. But still she says it because, after all, the Archbishops of Lust are the most loathed Archbishops for a reason so she does not care if she is hated.

Right now though the Sadistic Archbishop of Luxuria only has part of her mind in the current situation, the rest of her soul is spread out among several puppets trying to find information or briefing important members of her cult about how the Archbishop of Pride is trying to claim the position of cardinal and how their part of it will be observing him for now until she makes a decision. A difficult feat but one that speaks to her mastery when it comes to her own soul. But admittedly that does mean if someone tried to attack her here she would not be able to defend herself.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat May 01, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Drop by drop, Kiryl's blood fell into the ash below, as the boy remained absolutely and utterly silent, showing no reaction to anything that Alexei did or say. It was as if he had forgotten that the man was even there. As if he had forgotten what had happened, and what was happening. His empty eyes always made it look as if he wasn't fully here, careful at his surroundings, but the rest of his behavior, his posture, and his expression always made it clear that he was more than aware of what he couldn't see. But now, he was simply standing there, slightly bleeding, his body relaxed, having let go of Alexei. But just as the other Archbishop smiled mockingly, the boy's hands twitched, and Pride whispered a chant, in a voice so low that it almost sounded as if he had just sighed. And in the heartbeat between the appearance of the magical circle above him and the spell, Alexei had no way to react. He was violently thrown to the ground, hitting with a knack, no amount of ash being able to blunt the force. It was as if someone had tripled the strength of the gravity in that area, holding and forcing him to lay down there. His head was the only part of his body that the blue haired man could still move, so that he would be able to look at the boy he so hated.

"You are the one who knows nothing, you little bastard. You stood at home while we fought in the worst war ever known by these realms. And don't you dare to ever compare yourself to me. I died for her. I died." Hesitatingly and somewhat lethargically, the Archbishop removed his tunic to reveal his bare chest, allowing both Alexei and the others to see the jagged scars in the front and the back, where his heart had been. "I had my heart pierced for her, and I slowly chocked on my own blood on a cold stone blood as my defensive spells wouldn't just let my die, in the darkness. And I'd do it again, happily, and without another thought. I died, and she is one of the two reasons for why I came back. Don't think that you are special, selling your soul to a Sin for her. Had I not agreed to serve Superbia right then and there, no divine being would have ever been able to bring her back again." Taking a step forward, Kiryl stopped right in front of Alexei, and then kicked him right in the face, with an amount of force that seemed unnatural for the pale and frail mage. "I can feel your pride very well, Alexei, but I also know that it's putrid and unfounded. You are a fool, and you never understood a thing. I have done things that I regret. I trusted those that we should have never trusted. I tried to do what was right, and I failed to save her. And even after we returned, I had to pretend that I didn't care about her, so that Superbia wouldn't take an interest in her, and even here, I failed. I could not stand seeing her suffer like that, and I could not ignore my own love. But I've paid for it. I've paid dearly for it. I do not care what you think, but the next time you dare to accuse me that I've abandoned her, I will take the one memory I have of the time right after death, and force you to relieve with for an eternity like I did. We shall see then who has suffered the most."

Kiryl then got down to one knee in front of them, to bring their eyes and faces at a closer level even if it didn't really matter in the end. "I do not care about your acceptance, Alexei. There was once a time when I did, when I hoped that I could return to her home with her and ask for her hand in marriage, like our stories and customs said.. but those dreams died in a pool of blood in a golden hall. I do not care if you think that I am worthy or not. All that I know and that I care about is her happiness, and she will live a happy and peaceful life, free from everything, regardless of whether her future life will involve me or not. I am more than ready to throw myself and my life away if it means that for certain, she will be happy, and she will be free. You can test me as much as you want, you can look for worthiness as much as you desire. I will do what has to be done."

As he was talking, it almost looked as if something was moving in the air between them, and sure enough, if one were to look extremely careful at it, they'd be able to just vaguely see the shape left by one of Kiryl's normally invisible blades in the air, pointed directly at Alexei. "We shall go and we shall save her from that accursed hero no matter what. And you are the one is not going to fail again. We'll all either succeed, or we'll die. Tell me, father,", he replied with obvious disgust in his voice, as he waved his hand, and the magical spell forcing the other Archbishop against the ground disappeared. "Is this acceptable for you?"

Despotate of Xerena
Խերենակո Դեսպոտեռիա
Xerenako Despoterria

Obedience is nearest onto heaven

Citadel of Barrakazo
A few nights after

Ekaitz said nothing in response to her pleas, thinking, pondering. A few good tense moments passed, the smell of lilies of the valley and of ash still hanging heavy in the air, and then, eventually, a smile slowly appeared on the prince's face. "Very well.", he said, in a voice that seemed to be desperately trying to disguise a strong emotion beneath a calm tone, "If you will give me that, then you may retain your memories. We may yet find your redemption on another path..", but just as the emerald eyed man finished speaking, Saeria was able to hear his voice in her head, a message that Meta couldn't hear or perceive in any way. "Do it, Saeria. Do it now."

Intermountain States
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Sun May 02, 2021 7:44 pm

On the road to Świątniki Górne
Wyzkia
Stefen Rogalski

The church woman's assurance to the Paladins of Stefen's good intention came as a surprise, mainly by the fact that the church lady, Kazimiera Baltozyte, seems to have of his business.

"I guess the reputation of the firm has reach outside of Pakrzyski and the surrounding areas," Jean-Marc said to his friend.

Stefen nodded. "Looks like so." However, they still kept their hands up until it was safe to do so.

"We were hired by some concerned citizens from Pakrzyski who had friends and family in Świątniki Górne over rumors of an undead plague ravaging the city," Stefen explained.

He motioned at the carriage behind the them. "We have brought a carriage filled with weapons, elixirs, and perishable food to assist any survivors in the city. My friend here is adept in healing mage craft so anyone hurt or injured could get his assistance," he added.

"We want to help any survivors we reached and if the undead plague is true, we want to find whoever's responsible and bring the fiend to justice," Jean-Marc said. "Our intention is to assist."

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Mon May 03, 2021 2:42 am

Tracian Empire wrote:A glade where the Sins had met

Being sent crashing to the ground left Alexei unable to speak for a few long moments, but he managed to gather enough air to reply. "You think I simply stayed at home? Just because I wasn't one of the ones chosen to fight doesn't mean I sat around and waited. I provided several of you with relics, I used some of my fortune--the fortune I had gathered for her sake--to ease your path." Yet the sight of Kiryl removing his tunic silenced him. The scars... for just a brief moment, his eyes softened, although of course the blind boy couldn't see that. It didn't last long, though. There weren't just scars, he realized with slowly dawning horror. Those--those were scratch marks, clearly made by a human, and it didn't take him long to figure out exactly where they had come from.

"You slept with her," he asked, icy and sharp, "didn't you?" He didn't bother waiting for a reply; he already knew the answer. "How dare you? How dare you touch her?!" His voice pitched higher, filled with unmistakable rage, rage born of a fierce protectiveness of the girl he considered his own family, whether they shared blood or not. "By all the gods... both you and that damn cult of Luxuria... I didn't like it when she was a prostitute, but she was old enough to make her own choices, she knew what she was doing... but it's different now. Those sins have warped her mind, you know it just as well as I do! She's so trapped in her own delusions that she doesn't even truly understand what death is, yet you think she's aware enough to agree to sleep with you? Do you not understand, or do you just not care?" If he hadn't been still pinned to the ground, there was no doubt that he would have attacked Kiryl right then and there.

"You damn bastard. Do you actually care about her at all? You claim you died for her, that you would do it again..." His words were soft and cold. "But forgive me, oh mighty Superbia, if I doubt your words. Was it you who covered her to protect her from the demon's flame? Or was it she who was willing to burn to death just to save you? Was it you who shielded her from the brunt of the blast, or was it me? Was it you who blocked that false hero's lightning with your own body? No. You did none of those things. She would have gladly died to save you, and I would have gladly died to save her had I been given the chance, yet you have not proven your own willingness. All I have is your word, and I have no reason to believe it. Not when you're willing to cast aside the possibility that she doesn't even truly know what she's doing, just so you can take your pleasure from her! You sicken me. You and your pride--did you even come back because of her, or did you just do it to save yourself? Because of course, you must be the center of the universe!" His head snapped back as Kiryl kicked him, and he sneered, spitting blood on the hem of the other Archbishop's white robes. "If you truly mean your honeyed words, if you truly want her to be free and happy even if you aren't with her... I expect you to prove it. Because right now, all I see is the servant of Superbia, truly convinced that she belongs to him, enough that it doesn't matter if she even understands her own feelings, her own actions. But if you aren't lying, if you meant all of what you said, then perhaps my opinion of you can change... but I expect your actions to reflect your words." He stood up slowly once the magic pinning him down disappeared, and scowled, even though he knew the blind boy couldn't see his face. "Acceptable? It is more than acceptable to me. As I've already said, I'll gladly sacrifice myself to save her. I only wonder... are you truly willing to do the same?"
A few nights after

The pure relief that flooded her mind at his words of acceptance, at the barely-disguised emotion in his voice, was almost, almost enough to drown out the creeping horror of it all. How she dreaded this. She didn't want to do it, but... she had to keep her memories of Kiryl. She couldn't bear the thought of losing them, losing the only happiness she had in this world. So she forced her hands not to shake as she undid the complicated fastenings of her dress, and refused to shiver from the cold as the black silk fell in a pool at her feet.

There was a cold expression on her face that no doubt would have been reflected in the glittering glass of her eyes, had they not been broken. Even in a state that many would have found humiliating, she looked every inch the princess she called herself--no, not a princess. She looked like a queen, distant, regal, and unbothered by the situation in which she had found herself.

In truth, she was afraid. It seemed silly; after all, hadn't she done this many times before? She'd given many men her favor, in exchange for something--coins, jewelry, things of great value, and her memories were certainly more valuable than any jewel. Yet the balance, this time... it was reversed. She wasn't being offered something. Instead, in return for giving him what he'd desired for so long, she wouldn't lose something. For once, she wasn't the one with the power, and although she refused to show it... it scared her.

"Well?" she asked, her voice equally distant and perfectly smooth. She spread her arms, not seeming to even care about Saeria's presence. "You'll forgive me, I'm sure, if I don't initiate... that would be difficult, of course, since I can't see you. But I did promise you what you've wanted since the day we met. I did say that I wouldn't try to stop you. So go ahead." She lifted her chin proudly. "Take it."

Kiryl...

Forgive me.
Last edited by Fereni on Mon May 03, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon May 03, 2021 11:34 pm

Saeria

Saeria sighs, stretches her wings, and chants. "The past is a path well tread by us all, but what if our paths were different? Then new possibilities can come into being and what could have been will be. Only then can our possibilities become unlimited." It is almost child's play to get into Meta's mind. Exhaustion, pain, despair, all of those, she hates to say, makes it so much easier for her magic to sink its hooks into someone's mind. To affect the mind one must find weak points in it. Normally she would prefer to do this to someone who is unconscious but that is a difficult enough feat with Meta that it isn't worth the mana at the moment.

Meta is surrounded by fog and darkness, despite the fact that she knows her eyes is missing she can still see a woman materialize in front of her, appearing out of the fog, the woman probably looked beautiful at one time but her hair has long since turned white and her face is one weighed down by the years and she wears a simple brown robe with a walking stick. She looks down at herself and makes a remark in both slight annoyance. "Ah, so this is what I have become now, I will have to have a word with my subconscious later." She cracks her neck and looks at Meta. "Do you remember why you are here Meta? You had asked for my help, you said you need to remember what happened in the past, you need to no matter what, remember?"

A simple suggestion, enough to keep her focused on her words and her actions. She has already erased the memory of her being captured by Ekatiz and this being something forced upon her and replaced it with very vague false memories. Better to do it this way than have Meta kicking and screaming the entire way.

"Now come along, my mana is not infinite and we have much to do. I will attempt to recover as early a memory as possible and we can go from there." With that she turns and walks off and Meta feels a compulsion to follow her into the fog.

=====================

Back in reality Saeria is just silently standing there with her hands on Meta's cheeks and her eyes closed. Even if they were open she would not be able to see anything as most of her senses are concerned with what is going on inside Meta's mind.

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Saeria

It was dark, and foggy. How could she see that? Her eyes were gone. Why could she see the woman in front of her? And who was it?

"I... I don't..." What was going on? The last thing she remembered... the last thing... soft silver eyes. Why couldn't she remember? Why was her memory so dulled? She was a cloud drifting on the wind, far above everything, and she couldn't remember. And this woman was saying that she'd asked for her memories back... Yes, that made sense. Of course she'd want to remember, not remembering was upsetting her. She had been so desperate to remember, she knew that much, even if the circumstances surrounding it were fuzzy and unclear. "Can you... can you help me?" Her voice shook. What was happening to her?

She followed the woman into the fog, not knowing what else to do. I... I have to remember.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue May 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Grand Duchy of Wyzkia
Ⰳⱃⰵⰴⰸⰹ Ⰴⱆⰽⰰⱅ Ⱎⱏⰹⰸⰽⰹⱁⱃ
Grędzi Dukat Wyzkor

Vis e fidelitate efflorescit
Strength blooms forth from loyalty

Opaliński Kościół

"Yeah... I think... I think that if they truly loved each other, it doesn't.. it doesn't matter.", she answered, somewhat absentmindedly. "If they loved each other, if they truly loved each other, then why did they have to remain prey to arranged marriages?..I knew.. I knew from the very beginning that something like this might have been the truth. That there must have been such a reason behind why my.. our parents weren't together, that she had been married... but I also knew that m..our father loved her, and that he was honest in his love. From the way he spoke about her, and from that locket." But then, only silence followed. It was as if Anastazja hadn't even heard all the painful things that Alina had mentioned, her eyes unfocused, looking somewhere in the distance. A few good such moments passed, and then, the girl slowly seemed to slowly but surely realize that what she had heard was indeed the truth, that her ears hadn't been deceiving her. The red haired girl clenched her fists so hard that her knuckles turned white. "He did...what?", she asked, her voice as low as a whisper. "How dare he... how... dare he.."

Tears started rolling down her cheeks yet again, and for a moment, she looked so pale, shivering, as if she was about to just fall. It was perhaps a truth that she should have already accepted long, long ago, something that her father's hesitance to talk about her mother especially in the past few years should have made her understand. She had after all long ago pushed the hope of ever meeting her mother to the farthest corners of her wildest dreams, trying to never think about it, never gathering up the courage to pressure her father about it, and to find a truth that she was in the end also afraid of. But even so, even so, she had always tried to hope that maybe, there was a very good reason for why her mother had abandoned her, that maybe she was still alive, and that maybe one day, one day her father would be able to take her there. But now.. the creeping doubts had finally turned into certainty. She knew. Alina had told her. Her.. no.. their mother, was dead. And it hurt. Within but a few days, she had learned for sure that both of her parents were dead. Her father, who had always been there and who seemed as if he would always be there, assassinated in his own tent, and her mother, who had never been there but still hoped to meet, had been dead for a while now. She had tried to stay strong, to hide her pain, both for those who cared about her and for the memory of her father. She was his heir, a candidate for the Gryphon Crown, she couldn't just cry like a little girl whose father had just died, and whose mother had abandoned her since she was little. But the calm and strong armor that she had been wearing was already cracked. Anastazja fell on her knees, as she started sobbing. "I knew.. I knew that... already.. that she had to.. that she had to be dead.. and yet.. why am I..", she tried to say, as if she was refusing to even consider the very concept that she was trying, desperately trying to wipe her tears off. And then.. the full realization of everything just hit her, as she seemed to lose her breath. The realization that her mother had probably abandoned her with her father in order to save her from her husband. That Alina didn't have that luck, and that she had to suffer through all those cruelties while she was leading a good life in the ducal court. That her father couldn't have possibly known just how violent that bastard was, or else he would have saved her, saved them both. That because he hadn't known, he had left her mother to die at that bastard's hands, and had let Alina to be hurt by him. The guilt, the thoughts of what-if, and the heartbreaking pain of frustration and inevitability all hit her at once crashing into the pain and anguish that were already filling her mind.

And she couldn't control herself anymore. A flood of tears was now gushing down her cheeks, and sobs were tearing through her chest, as Anastazja was overwhelmed by grief. But even so, her thoughts were wandering wildly, and it only took a few more moments for them to focus on the person who naturally seemed to be the reason behind all of this. Her mother's husband. "Who.. is he..", she asked, her voice stiffed by cries, as she tried to stand back up and to move towards Alina, only to fall on her knees again. "Our.. our mother's husband.. who is he? I'm sorry.. that I never knew.. that I never knew who you were, or who he was. or that he was hurting you, and our mother, and our father.. didn't knew either... I'm sure of it.. or else.. or else.. I'm sorry... it wasn't fair... for you to have experience.. all that.. all that pain.. and for me to not... but who.. who is he... I need to... I need to know.. he needs to be.. he needs to be punished.. ", her voice let forth a torrent of words, partially covered by her tears, and yet with the fierceness of anger starting to appear from beneath all that pain. "He needs to.. he needs to be killed.."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue May 04, 2021 5:14 pm

Some Town in Morizia
A fight with slavers

"Immediately to violence... why am I not surprised." Az sighed as the mercenaries charged her and the boy who decided to stand up alongside her. A dozen charged into the fight, six towards Michael, and six towards Az. As Michael fought with his whip, acorns and cherry pits, Az would engaged in some trickery of her own.

The six that were charging her would reach her, and one of them would take a swing at her with their sword. The sword would seemingly pass through Az as she seemed to turn into a cloud of smoke. It lingered for a second before rushing towards the six mercenaries, who inadvertently breathed it in. It didn't take long for them to start feeling the effects, as their lungs burned and they struggled to breath. This was of course an illusion.

Just as the illusionary pain would reach its climax, the six mercenaries that attempted to charge Az, became engulfed by flames. The flames were both real and an illusion, a result of Az merely using her illusions to conceal the nature of the fire she summoned underneath the six mercenaries. The flames were in reality hellfire, but appeared to everyone as normal flames, thanks to a simple changing of their colour.

In reality, as the mercenaries charged, Az created an illusionary copy of herself, and left it standing there as she made her way towards the rest of the mercenaries, using her illusion magic to keep herself unseen, and hide the true nature of the fires that burned the men to ash. Her advance halted when Michael threw his cherry pits, as Az had to quickly jump back to avoid being entangled as well.

That was close, Az thought to herself as she continued onwards, unseen by the mercenaries, Entangling them... smart kid.

Moments later, Az struck again, this time against the two mages among the mercenaries. Of course, it wasn't as simple as appearing and stabbing the mages with her sword. No, Az would not do something as simple as that. Once again, Az made use of her illusions, and she had a devious idea.

The mages would suddenly feel something moving around in their mouth. As the movement continued, the mages would start to feel pain in their mouth, and struggle to continue chanting. The cause of this pain soon became evident as blood seemed to pour out of their mouth, and an audible thud could be heard by the mages. Looking down they would see their tongues on the ground, and they would watch as the tongues began to wriggle much like a worm.

Of course, no one else saw this, so for everyone else it appeared as if the mages simply stopped chanting and were now just looking on in shock. It was then that Az appeared, behind the mages, and drew her sword. Faster than any normal human could react, Az slashed the backs of both mages, watching as they fell to the ground. When they hit the ground, Az snapped her fingers, and the mages, like the six mercenaries before were engulfed in seemingly normal looking flames.

With that, Az turned to the leader of the mercenaries, pointing her sword at him.

"Your next."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Fereni
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Fereni » Tue May 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Opaliński Kościół

Alina couldn't help but feel guilty as she saw Anastazja start crying. Maybe she shouldn't have said all of that... surely she was already going through enough. No, she should have just kept her mouth shut about all of this in the first place. It wasn't like it mattered whose child she was, so she should have kept quiet, but no, she'd had to be selfish and bring it up. It seemed she was just as poor an excuse for a sister as she was for everything else.

She reached out carefully and embraced Anastazja. At first her touch was feather-light, but it didn't take long before she was crying just as hard as her newly-discovered sister was, clinging to her like an anchor in a storm. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice cracking. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I... I'm the one who should apologize. You didn't have to know about all of that... You already have so much to deal with. I shouldn't have said anything, i-it was selfish of me. I really am sorry." She had to stop talking for a time, just trying to breathe evenly. For some reason, trying to say his name... it was so hard. "Her husband... his, his name was Czeslaw. Czeslaw Kryszka. But you don't need to worry about it. You shouldn't worry about it. I... I'm fine. I said already, I deserved it, I did, so it was fair. And Mama--our mother, she wouldn't... I don't think she would want you to put yourself at risk. I'm just... I'm so glad... that you didn't have to live with him, that you could be happy, that you could be with someone who loved you... I'm really glad. Someone like you... deserves that kind of happiness. She thought that, too, I know she did. You don't--you don't have to ever know that man." She pulled back, and tried to smile. "Rafal already said... something a lot like what you did. Since he saw..." Without thinking, she touched the spot on her face where that man had struck her. She hadn't realized before, but she could feel small, healing cuts on the skin there. He must have been wearing a ring at the time, and in all of the commotion from that moment on, she hadn't noticed. "You're both very kind," she finished quietly. "But if you're just trying to do that for my sake, then... you shouldn't. I-I've been through worse things, it really isn't anything you need to get upset over. And you shouldn't if it's for her sake, either. Because she wanted to keep you away from him... she didn't want you to get hurt. And I-I don't want you to get hurt either!" She drew back, startled by her own sudden outburst. "I-I'm sorry," she stammered. "I didn't mean to get so worked up. I'm sorry..."

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Wed May 05, 2021 12:51 am

Daniel and Leon Perrin-Palaiologos, Wyzkia, After the Fen Arc

"Burn!" Daniel cried out as he set a zombie on fire, only to find out that the flames did not immediately consume the undead's flesh, allowing the monster to fight on and lash out at the boy with flaming hands.

"Swords! Axes!" Leon shouted as he flung a volley of constructs made of hardened light at two more undead, only to find that one, these monsters were fast enough to dodge most of the volley, and two, that any severed limbs - in this case, a hand and a leg - were still able to move on their own. He thought it had been easy to destroy the entire body of an undead monstrosity as it said in books, but alas, the reality was difficult. Against only three undead, without help from a wider party, the two Palaiologoi brothers were almost outmatched and only barely holding their own due to the fact that they did not know how to fight this sort of monstrosity - Not on a regular basis, anyway.

"For Kyle!" Daniel shouted as he stepped back, then shouted, "Wind!" at the burning zombie, causing a small tornado of air which fanned the flames consuming the monster, speeding up the rate at which it turned to ashes. As it crumbled, he turned to where Leon was hastily summoning shields of light mid-air in order to fend off the monsters and said, "Burn! Wind! Burn! Wind!"

Two more Zombies were reduced to smoldering heaps after that, and Daniel and Leon paused to take a breath and rejoice at how they managed to survive this enemy... Until they sighted another party of shambling undead villagers on the horizon. This time, they didn't try and make a stand. This time, they ran as fast as they can, hoping to find the main road to Świątniki Górne before they were overwhelmed by more of these monsters.

Eglamour, Chovers, Duivene

Eglamour was about to tender his resignation to Alexios of Taygetos, aka 'The Owl', when he heard of Kyle's most recent misfortunes from court gossip. This was bad, like, really bad, because he genuinely sympathized with Kyle and his cause - More than he did the cause of Achysia, a nation he was not a part of in the first place. Now his only outside patron was The Owl, like it or not, and he just had to live with it. As the bard, in the privacy of his rooms, conducted and prepared the ritual to message his mentor, he knew that his own position was more vulnerable than ever. He had established, back when Kyle was stronger, that he did not necessarily share the same goals as the rest of the Librarium, and the words he had said then now haunted him.

He still stood by those words, however. Completing the ritual to contact The Owl, he sent a mental message, saying, Old Man, I won't mince words - Mr. Perrin-Palaiologos has failed and he's now on the run from Arghyo due to the wider League of Anselm's machinations. However, he hasn't lost all of his contacts and funding and his spy network is still functioning. Then the bard revealed where he was going with this and said, I would like to learn the spells which can probably help him and his cause. In exchange, I can maintain contacts between Iliana De Valeria and her grandfather. What say you?

Eglamour felt The Owl's anger bleeding over through the link even before he heard the response from the old man, You should be doing it already.

He nodded in his room before saying, I should be, yes, but remember that Achysia's atrocities are still real, and being in Duivene reminds me of that. I might just decide to risk it all in order to have even a chance of helping Kyle and his cause, and you'd lose your eyes and ears in Chovers.

The Owl's anger flared up, as the old man said, Are you serious? Fine - I'll give you the help you want, Eglamour, if only because I'm too distracted by other matters to get too angry with your mercenary behavior. But be warned, don't ask too much!

"You witch!" shouted the mercenary leader, drawing his sword, "You're probably Achysian - I'll make you pay!"

"No, she isn't," Michael said as he swung his whip, which grasped the blade of the mercenary and yanked it out of his hand. "I don't know what she is, but I've fought Achysians before - They're far easier." He then turned to the mysterious adventuress and said, "If we let even a single one of them live, they'd come back to this town with a vengeance. I've seen it before with these sorts of people in The War."

He drew a small thorn that had been stuck in his trousers and grew it into a shiny curved sword. "So I propose we kill them all -"

A dart struck his throat - Not a dart meant to kill, otherwise, Michael would be dead by now, but one tipped with a poison which constricted the throat and made breathing more labored, leading to temporary unconsciousness. Using the Ancient Magic passed down to Remegil's line, the boy could heal himself and even render the poison powerless, but it'd take time, time which he didn't have as several crossbow bolts and arrows from longbows shot towards A'zagorak/The Mysterious Adventuress while a mercenary which held a blowpipe led four others of the remaining mercenaries in a counterattack directly at Michael, seeing that for all his bravado, the boy was the weakest of them.

These counterattackers carried maces and nets, a sign that they were planning to capture the boy instead of killing him...
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed May 05, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse