NATION

PASSWORD

Advice for making factbooks.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Columbestria
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Advice for making factbooks.

Postby Columbestria » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 am

Hello people, i've decided that I would try and make an original nation rather than make a real life nation or one set in an alternate timeline, and I was wondering if y'all had any advice for what kind of information I should put in my factbooks. I know, it sounds stupid to ask, i'm practically asking for people to be creative for me, but what i've noticed over my time of making nations on this website is that i always seem to forget to add important things, so I came here to ask what y'all think is the most important things that need to be shown in my factbooks. I'm not exactly sure how else I can explain this, I have some trouble explaining things, possibly because I have moderate autism, but hopefully y'all can give me some advice here, I appreciate it.

North American Imperial State
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:10 am

Columbestria wrote:Hello people, i've decided that I would try and make an original nation rather than make a real life nation or one set in an alternate timeline, and I was wondering if y'all had any advice for what kind of information I should put in my factbooks. I know, it sounds stupid to ask, i'm practically asking for people to be creative for me, but what i've noticed over my time of making nations on this website is that i always seem to forget to add important things, so I came here to ask what y'all think is the most important things that need to be shown in my factbooks. I'm not exactly sure how else I can explain this, I have some trouble explaining things, possibly because I have moderate autism, but hopefully y'all can give me some advice here, I appreciate it.

Maybe some of your cities, your leaders, your land area, your states and military
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

New Anderia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Anderia » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 am

Something that's helped me is thinking about what information other people need to know to get a sense of what's going on in your nation. How's the government structured? Is it a democracy? Does it care about human rights? Why is it organized the way that it is? Consider what's motivating the answers to these questions in-character, and that'll give you some direction to answering new questions. And there will always be new questions to answer! Take a look at the misc worldbuilding thread for inspiration, and keep adding and editing until you get something that you find satisfying.
Factbook
(Revision α0.4.2)

Anderia is a parody of my political views.
I don't use NS stats, though I try to keep them broadly reflective of my canon.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm

What helps me the most in factbooking is looking at wiki articles for real life nations and seeing what kind of information they include. Reading about the cuisine or music history of a real country gives me a starting point that I can start developing new ideas from.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Return to Factbooks and National Information