NATION

PASSWORD

A Different World: The Noble Cities [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:41 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh Olth? Good news! New settlements ignore Stability, positive or negative, for the first five turns (ten years). Not that getting housing up is a bad idea, but not strictly vital either.

Oh? Well then. Good to know!

Say, when a new settlement is founded - does it come with a new Rural or Urban district of its own?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm

I need to invade the moon soon.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Olthenia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh Olth? Good news! New settlements ignore Stability, positive or negative, for the first five turns (ten years). Not that getting housing up is a bad idea, but not strictly vital either.

Say, when a new settlement is founded - does it come with a new Rural or Urban district of its own?

Ah yes. I suppose I forgot to say that - normally I would note the specifics when founding a new settlement, but for some reason I thought you had already built your first one. New settlements come with an Urban District pre-built via the wealth invested in the settlement, and convert their 200 Explorers into 100 Peasants and 100 Artisans.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

Ah yes. I suppose I forgot to say that - normally I would note the specifics when founding a new settlement, but for some reason I thought you had already built your first one. New settlements come with an Urban District pre-built via the wealth invested in the settlement, and convert their 200 Explorers into 100 Peasants and 100 Artisans.

Oh... Oh! Well then. Darn. :s

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Also just a quick headsup for the lads - got almost all of the update ready to roll, so if you don't have your actions in, get popping.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:57 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also just a quick headsup for the lads - got almost all of the update ready to roll, so if you don't have your actions in, get popping.

Prays to the update machine for good results.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Well, heck. Free Artisans? Thanks, RNJesus!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Olthenia wrote:Well, heck. Free Artisans? Thanks, RNJesus!

Congrats on your 99 on a d100

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:37 pm

Olthenia wrote:Well, heck. Free Artisans? Thanks, RNJesus!

Much obliged!

Say, what would've happened on a 100?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Olthenia wrote:

Much obliged!

Something thematic, but better :P

I only have vague categories for 10s, nothing for gradations within those categories I'm afraid.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:41 pm

Olthenia wrote:
Much obliged!

I only have vague categories for 10s, nothing for gradations within those categories I'm afraid.

Understood.

Say, out of interest - did this "once mighty kingdom" have a name?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Olthenia wrote:

Understood.

Say, out of interest - did this "once mighty kingdom" have a name?

I don't have a name on record for it, only some ruins - so go crazy.

Ingeja
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ingeja » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:06 pm

Sorry I keep missing the updates. After April 25th university releases me from its clutches. :p
Puhutaan suomea.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

So it was only an encampment, not a real settlement? No conquest of the savages?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Ingeja wrote:Sorry I keep missing the updates. After April 25th university releases me from its clutches. :p

No worries. Just toss in a quick backdated post if you would like.

Ralnis wrote:So it was only an encampment, not a real settlement? No conquest of the savages?

‘fraid so. No conquest, unless you want to slap down some settlers of your own for the Aun’kal to annex.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Oh shit, that's right the Aun'kal would be looking to expand would they?

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:17 pm

How close are we to getting to a new era?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:20 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:How close are we to getting to a new era?

Turn 50.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:04 am

Can I raise a Garden in my new settlement, even though I technically haven't domesticated any of the local plants?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:44 am

Olthenia wrote:Can I raise a Garden in my new settlement, even though I technically haven't domesticated any of the local plants?

Hmm. So domestic plants are automatically transferred to new settlements, if the land is compatible. Ropegrass is a mountain plant, so it'll take work to establish in plains - ditto camels, coming from the desert. But black beans I think we can comfortably fudge, since they come from the Vale itself which has more hospitable conditions than the surrounding desert, probably vaguely similar to a temperate grassland. So yep. Since you have a domestic plant in the new Settlement, setting up Gardens would be just fine.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 am

Ralnis wrote:Oh shit, that's right the Aun'kal would be looking to expand would they?

Certainly so. Not necessarily at your expense - I mainly jest there - but they now know of the land to the south in greater detail, and that it has been cleared of dangers.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:48 am

Ralnis wrote:Oh shit, that's right the Aun'kal would be looking to expand would they?

Certainly so. Not necessarily at your expense - I mainly jest there - but they now know of the land to the south in greater detail, and that it has been cleared of dangers.

Well I am looking at making a joint colonial effort. Since we are allies and have been intertwined.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:42 am

Just a heads up to the lads - hoping to have an update out this evening, if people can post. If not, no worries, we can delay to tomorrow. But I’m optimistic!

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:08 am

Understood!

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 am

Do I have any regions that I have explored yet?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse