NATION

PASSWORD

Recruitment Forum

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Algura
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Recruitment Forum

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Hey guys! I would really love it if you joined my region. The Northern Oceaners is a new region, and since it is new, many positions are open right now! We will start our world conquest through our two military groups, The Northern Navy, and the Secret Service of the North. Missions will be given daily to the people that sign up to be in the Military, and some will be long term missions. Please, Please, Please consider joining the Northern Oceaners.

Yor no toyosr lo keym to (May God be with you),

The Kingdom of Algura,
Founder of The Northern Oceaners

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

The one above

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:33 pm

Seriously guys, itd be great if you could join :) :)

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Algura wrote:Hey guys! I would really love it if you joined my region. The Northern Oceaners is a new region, and since it is new, many positions are open right now! We will start our world conquest through our two military groups, The Northern Navy, and the Secret Service of the North. Missions will be given daily to the people that sign up to be in the Military, and some will be long term missions. Please, Please, Please consider joining the Northern Oceaners.

Yor no toyosr lo keym to (May God be with you),

The Kingdom of Algura,
Founder of The Northern Oceaners

congradulations to the first 2 that have joined! I hope that more of you start to join. Spots for positions are filling up. :)

Railroad Crossing
Attaché

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Railroad Crossing » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm

This isn’t the place to recruit.
However, you can recruit by:

Going to the store.
Buying telegram stamps.
Sending those for recruition.
It will be all fine, and no one will stop you.
Railroad Crossing
A large trainyard.

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:37 pm

Railroad Crossing wrote:This isn’t the place to recruit.

Going to the store.
Buying telegram stamps.

why can't i recruit here? im not looking to buy stamps, and this seems like it is working.

North American Imperial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:40 pm

Algura wrote:

Going to the store.
Buying telegram stamps.

why can't i recruit here? im not looking to buy stamps, and this seems like it is working.

Because that's the rules, if you wanna recruit do it correctly
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:45 pm

North American Imperial State wrote:
Algura wrote:why can't i recruit here? im not looking to buy stamps, and this seems like it is working.

Because that's the rules, if you wanna recruit do it correctly

please send me the rules

North American Imperial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Algura wrote:
North American Imperial State wrote:Because that's the rules, if you wanna recruit do it correctly

please send me the rules

https://www.nationstates.net/page=faq
and
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=260044
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Man you obviously didn't look. Look what I found.

B. Where can I post recruitment messages?

You may post a general recruitment messsage or advertisement ("adspam") for your region once every 24 hours in each of the following places:

1) In the Gameplay forum. All of your recruitment messages in the Gameplay forum must go in a single thread you have created for that purpose.
2) On the Regional Message Board (RMB) of any region with the "Recruiter Friendly" tag.
3) On the Regional Message Board (RMB) of any game-created region (feeders, sinkers, and warzones). The game-created regions are:

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Algura wrote:Man you obviously didn't look. Look what I found.

B. Where can I post recruitment messages?

You may post a general recruitment messsage or advertisement ("adspam") for your region once every 24 hours in each of the following places:

1) In the Gameplay forum. All of your recruitment messages in the Gameplay forum must go in a single thread you have created for that purpose.
2) On the Regional Message Board (RMB) of any region with the "Recruiter Friendly" tag.
3) On the Regional Message Board (RMB) of any game-created region (feeders, sinkers, and warzones). The game-created regions are:

We are in the Gameplay forum

OmnisFounder
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby OmnisFounder » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:05 am

Posting for recruiting purposes, although actually effective, is otherwise frowned upon and discouraged like what's happening here.

Why don't you manually recruit instead? It requires no telegram stamps.

Algura
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Algura » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:31 am

OmnisFounder wrote:Posting for recruiting purposes, although actually effective, is otherwise frowned upon and discouraged like what's happening here.

Why is it discouraged. He said himself its allowed and that is what i am going to do.

Swedish-Norwegian Kingdoms
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Swedish-Norwegian Kingdoms » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 am

Algura wrote:
OmnisFounder wrote:Posting for recruiting purposes, although actually effective, is otherwise frowned upon and discouraged like what's happening here.

Why is it discouraged. He said himself its allowed and that is what i am going to do.

Because it's very off-topic, telegrams already exist to recruit, and the gameplay forum is for news about regions and questions.
Last edited by Swedish-Norwegian Kingdoms on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
huh

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:10 am

I am pretty sure it's perfectly fine to post in the GP forums with intent to recruit (though it's not the best recruitment strategy) so long as it is within the Find-a-Region Megathread, or your own personal region thread. [/notamod]

What I'd perhaps suggest rather than to downright stop recruiting here would be to change that thread title into something that isn't just "Recruitment Forum" as that makes this thread sound more like a second Find-a-Region Megathread, and maybe add a little more to that OP? Anything that you can add about the region would be cool (e.g. lore inspiration).

The Moonstar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Moonstar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 am

Algura wrote:

Going to the store.
Buying telegram stamps.

You can recruit here. Though, you can only have one recruitment thread for your region and you can only bump your thread once per day.

You should change the title of the thread to include the region you are recruiting for rather than just generic "Recruitment Forum". You should also change your OP to sound less beggy and sound more awesome.

You have to think people new and old are already in a region. Some are very active in only one, some in a bunch, and some don't know where to go. New players get bombarded with recruitment form everywhere, so how do you stand out against them? You've got old and big regions recruiting daily and you have new and small ones like yours recruiting too! What about your region is more interesting than all of those?! With old players, they're already entrenched, so why should they waste time on you? You can still attract them if your region has good potential and they want to lend expertise, but you have to do the initial legwork to entice them just like for the newer players.

Older regions have more players/activity and a wealth of experience, culture, history. Newer regions (except for the best of them) say the same boring stuff you have said. So not only are you disadvantaged by the older regions, but you aren't any better or worse than the new ones like you! You can still compete however! You just have to be much more interesting and less bland than most the newer regions also recruiting.

If you're not sure about how to make your region interesting to others, then tell people what you want to do. What your goals are beyond just "I want a successful region". You need culture and community to grow a region. Most new regions that take off establish around a theme that sounds cool. Thus it makes the culture easier to develop. It's fine if you can't come up with that all alone, AS LONG as you try to make it interesting but also have a good sales pitch for other people to come assist you develop a good region and community.
Last edited by The Moonstar on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join or visit the South Pacific!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay