NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Will it be a Violation of PG-13 rules if....

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Kawalanda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Q] Will it be a Violation of PG-13 rules if....

Postby Kawalanda » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:42 am

I am planning on doing a RP in which Kawalanda will invade and capture a small neighbouring kingdom. After the invasion is successful, the Kawalandian soldiers will go on a killing spree, massacaring the citizens and conducting widespread human rights abuses. Now I have 2 questions:
First, I am planning on naming the RP as 'Rape of so and so' inspired by the RL Rape of Congo. So will this title of mine be considered a Violation of the PG-13 rules of NS ?
Secondly, there will be passing mentions of rape and violence, although nothing in details. There will be no gore, neither erotic RP. Just a pasing mention like "The soldiers beheaded the man and raped his wife" Will this be also considered a Violation of PG-13 rules ?
Nevertheless, this RP will be marked as mature and a warning that it may be unsuitable for some users. It would be nice if a mod tells me what to do.
Thank You in advance.
Last edited by Kawalanda on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:15 am

That sounds too graphic to me. I'd go by the metric that "if you have to ask, the answer is probably no".
Kawalanda wrote:Nevertheless, this RP will be marked as mature and a warning that it may be unsuitable for some users.

The standard is still PG-13. Warnings that something is worse than PG-13 doesn't make it legal.

Kawalanda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawalanda » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:54 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:That sounds too graphic to me. I'd go by the metric that "if you have to ask, the answer is probably no".
Kawalanda wrote:Nevertheless, this RP will be marked as mature and a warning that it may be unsuitable for some users.

The standard is still PG-13. Warnings that something is worse than PG-13 doesn't make it legal.

I fail to understand what makes it appear "too graphic" to you when I have clearly stated that there won't be any gore Or erotic RP. Never mind, I am gonna forward with this RP anyway, just let me know will my title be ok or not
Last edited by Kawalanda on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Istoreya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:37 am

Kawalanda wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:That sounds too graphic to me. I'd go by the metric that "if you have to ask, the answer is probably no".

I fail to understand what makes it appear "too graphic" to you when I have clearly stated that there won't be any gore Or erotic RP. Never mind, I am gonna forward with this RP anyway, just let me know will my title be ok or not

I'm not a mod but if a mod has told you no, that's too graphic, you probably shouldn't go ahead with it anyway.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 am

Kawalanda wrote:

Despite it seeming like you're going to ignore conventional wisdom, I will reiterate: if you have to ask, then don't.

On its face, the title won't explicitly break the rules. However, it is likely that it will draw an unwanted level of attention. So I really would have to wonder why you're so attached to that title that you feel the need to ask instead of abiding by the conventional wisdom and just picking something else.

Return to Moderation