NATION

PASSWORD

[Q]Do dispatches expire?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Cavirfi
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

[Q]Do dispatches expire?

Postby Cavirfi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 pm

Self-explanatory title.

Will there be an amount of time where a dispatch has been there for so long that it becomes a waste of disk space and must therefore be removed?
My Storefronts | THE Barn | Set up an Embassy to Cavirfi

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Cavirfi wrote:[Q]Do dispatches expire?

No.
Cavirfi wrote: a dispatch ... becomes a waste of disk space

Really? That's pretty much all of them.

Oh ok thank you very much.

CAVIRFI ONE: #BoycottCavirfi movement enters Day 203; CBCC-Cavirfite Wing Strike enters Day 181 | 529 days left until Federal Police inaugurated, Training enters Day 203 | Crabaiaian Electoral Board declares 2023 Federal Election to be held on July 9 for Amine and Imguria and July 16 for the rest of the country | Chano-Cavirfite Sea Storm hits Cavirfi at wind speeds of 54 km/h, causes mild damage; Inauguration of new Great Tribunal, Technocratic Council, and Ministers postponed indefinitely | Average Weather: 20.91℃

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:06 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Cavirfi wrote: a dispatch ... becomes a waste of disk space

Really? That's pretty much all of them.

I think we need a Archive Feature for NationStates, just like Using an Cloud for your Computer Files.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Cavirfi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavirfi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Indo States wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Really? That's pretty much all of them.

I think we need a Archive Feature for NationStates, just like Using an Cloud for your Computer Files.

We already have that for forums, for dispatches, however. I am not sure.

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 pm

Cavirfi wrote:
Indo States wrote:

We already have that for forums, for dispatches, however. I am not sure.

Idk if Archiving Forum Topics are Increasing the Memory rather than using the Cloud Technology that Google and even Nintendo (if you have a Nintendo Switch and you have the Online Membership) Used for Files and even Backing Up Game Data. However, I think that was Expensive to do so, because I think Cloud Servers costs more than a Typical Server that NS Use.
Last edited by Indo States on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 pm

Our content is backed up regularly. Don't concern yourselves with the method or costs. That's admin's problem, and they've been handling it quite well since 2002.

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:24 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Our content is backed up regularly. Don't concern yourselves with the method or costs. That's admin's problem, and they've been handling it quite well since 2002.

Wow, I am never born in the Early 2000s. I've never heard that NationStates was Founded in Early 2000s and I was Probably born at Mid-2000s, Somehow in 2006. However heard that Site before until 2018 when I joined there.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical