NATION

PASSWORD

IDSF Questions: ask or discuss anything

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

IDSF Questions: ask or discuss anything

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 am

The IDSF has often been portrayed as a war mongering monster, destroying all in search of wealth. Or, as the founder of CUSP helpfully said, a sheep in a wolf's clothing. Well, let's check our list of wars. Hmm... is seems as if every war we did was: A. because they were a humans-rights violating, nuclear weapon wielding dictatorship. B. because they attacked us. This thread is for any questions about the IDSF, to clear up any confusion.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Reuteria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Reuteria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:14 am

how do you define 'attack' or 'human rights violations'?, for all we know you could just be waiting to attack us and make u some political excuse!

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 am

Reuteria wrote:how do you define 'attack' or 'human rights violations'?, for all we know you could just be waiting to attack us and make u some political excuse!

Well, thanks for the question, and I mean declaring war and torturing, massacring, etc. You're welcome.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am

Reuteria wrote:how do you define 'attack' or 'human rights violations'?, for all we know you could just be waiting to attack us and make u some political excuse!

Well, if you trade slaves that are malnourished and not treated properly, you are violating human rights by trading those slaves. If one member nation gets attacked in a military conflict, you are pretty much declaring war against our entire alliance. If you oppress your people and have access to nuclear-level weapons, we can declare you as a threat to us and the rest of the world.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:21 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:

Well, if you trade slaves that are malnourished and not treated properly, you are violating human rights by trading those slaves. If one member nation gets attacked in a military conflict, you are pretty much declaring war against our entire alliance. If you oppress your people and have access to nuclear-level weapons, we can declare you as a threat to us and the rest of the world.

Can you define those words?

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:23 am

Romextly wrote:

Can you define those words?

If you have big bombs, you are dangerous to your neighbors. If you illegally keep people in your basement, and force them to work for you without payment, while not allowing them to eat, you are evil. If you attack one of us, you attack all of us.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Reuteria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Reuteria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:26 am

Romextly wrote:Can you define those words?

If you have big bombs, you are dangerous to your neighbors. If you illegally keep people in your basement, and force them to work for you without payment, while not allowing them to eat, you are evil. If you attack one of us, you attack all of us.

so, are you saying that it is your right to just go around, fighting nations who do, i'll admit it, terrible things, as some kind of Robin Hood without regard to sovereignty?

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:28 am

Reuteria wrote:

so, are you saying that it is your right to just go around, fighting nations who do, i'll admit it, terrible things, as some kind of Robin Hood without regard to sovereignty?

Roughly yes.

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:28 am

Reuteria wrote:

Well, yes.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:28 am

Reuteria wrote:

Without a way of diplomatically doing anything it seems, except for the efforts of IHS

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:29 am

Romextly wrote:
Reuteria wrote:so, are you saying that it is your right to just go around, fighting nations who do, i'll admit it, terrible things, as some kind of Robin Hood without regard to sovereignty?

Without a way of diplomatically doing anything it seems, except for the efforts of IHS

And Nordeslund. And Tyrantio. And SM, though I admit he must discuss more with us when he enters wars.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:30 am

Romextly wrote:
Reuteria wrote:so, are you saying that it is your right to just go around, fighting nations who do, i'll admit it, terrible things, as some kind of Robin Hood without regard to sovereignty?

We can use diplomatic approaches whenever we want.

Reuteria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Reuteria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:

Well, yes.

THAT'S INSANE! If other countries do things within their borders, yes they may be horrendous, but do you really have the right to just barge in there and say "stop or else". Because A. the other country could probably crush you and B. it's their land, if they invaded you and started right-ing all your wrongs (and don't pretend like you don't have any) you wouldn't like it.

Reuteria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Reuteria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

ok, diplomacy makes a little more sense, but if you put sanctions on a country, and want them to give up a lucrative (thought albeit inhumane) business for you to lift sanctions and strike a trade deal in which they make less money, what do you think they will do?

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:34 am

Reuteria wrote:
Islamic Holy Sites wrote:Well, yes.

THAT'S INSANE! If other countries do things within their borders, yes they may be horrendous, but do you really have the right to just barge in there and say "stop or else". Because A. the other country could probably crush you and B. it's their land, if they invaded you and started right-ing all your wrongs (and don't pretend like you don't have any) you wouldn't like it.

aaaaand when they threaten us and/or an ally. Otherwise we'd be in endless wars, which we are not. And they shouldn't do it. That's the point.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:39 am

Reuteria wrote:ok, diplomacy makes a little more sense, but if you put sanctions on a country, and want them to give up a lucrative (thought albeit inhumane) business for you to lift sanctions and strike a trade deal in which they make less money, what do you think they will do?

Attempt retaliation

Reuteria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Reuteria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:41 am

Reuteria wrote:ok, diplomacy makes a little more sense, but if you put sanctions on a country, and want them to give up a lucrative (thought albeit inhumane) business for you to lift sanctions and strike a trade deal in which they make less money, what do you think they will do?

Attempt retaliation

and where does that leave you, i'll tell you where, knee-deep in another war

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:43 am

Reuteria wrote:
Attempt retaliation

and where does that leave you, i'll tell you where, knee-deep in another war

Sometimes, unless it is a trade war.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:46 am

declare war on nations that refuse to comply with sanction

This is from your recruitment page. What do you mean by this?

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:47 am

Romextly wrote:

Who basically bomb our ships, get a force to start blockading us, etc.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:47 am

Romextly wrote:

If you resist our sanctions, you earn yourself a Military conflict.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:49 am

Romextly wrote:This is from your recruitment page. What do you mean by this?

Please explain that.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:50 am

Romextly wrote:This is from your recruitment page. What do you mean by this?

Would the CUSP defense fleet under Operation Breaking cover belong there?
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:51 am

Romextly wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:If you resist our sanctions, you earn yourself a Military conflict.

Please explain that.

If you threaten an IDSF blockade, or initiate in trade that benefits your economy while sanctions are in place, that = war

Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am

Romextly wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:If you resist our sanctions, you earn yourself a Military conflict.

Please explain that.

Basically, if a teacher gives you detention because you broke a window, you don't slap the teacher in the face because you'll get a bigger punishment. Human rights violating nation= bad student teacher= IDSF

And no Laciena
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREE PALESTINE
Call me Muqaddasia.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates