NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED] Tax confusion or Tax evasion? (CLOSED)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED] Tax confusion or Tax evasion? (CLOSED)

Postby Zarulia » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:11 am

[title] Tax Confusion or Tax Evasion?
[description] Before the start of a new month, many people, including one of your friends, have complained about the taxation forms given out by the local authorities. Some have gotten duplicate tax forms, while some have their forms rejected for unknown reason, highlighting the fact that there is no standard tax form after each region was given autonomy. Yesterday a man got arrested for "Tax Evasion" because the bearing number of his tax form is 'Invalid', the media is in outrage. To fix this problem, you scheduled a meeting at the Department of Administration and Taxation.
[validity]Not valid in countries that do not have the income tax or the devolution policy

[option] "Most nations, such as the United Federation, that give autonomy to their regions split their taxes into 3 categories." states your Minister of Administration, @@RANDOMNAME@@. While scrolling through the United Federation Taxation website, he continues, "We could split the tax into 3 categories. Those are the Local tax, the Regional tax, and the Central tax. The Local tax is collected by the tax authority of their respective local area, such as their canton or town. The Regional tax is collected by the regional authority, the authority that rules over the area. The Central tax is collected by our Administration Department."
[effect]you need a university degree to understand @@DENONYM@@ tax collection

[option] "Isn't that too much?", complains the Vice Minister of Administration, @@RANDOMNAME2@@. "Let all kinds of taxes be handled by the local authorities. Afterwards, the regional authority may take about 20-50% of each of their local treasuries for their use. Finally, the central government may take around half of each region's treasuries, with the share rate being highly variable depending on the region."
[effect]the @@DEMONYM@@ taxation system operates like a pyramid scheme

[option]Not long after, a deputy officer of the Administration Department stumbled across the meeting. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is @@RANDOMNAME3@@, and I think you should abolish all independent and informal taxes imposed by these "regional" and "local" authorities and let us handle all taxation issues. When that's finished, we can distribute it to each region equally."
[effect]city life isn't anymore quite what it used to be

[option] As the meeting got more and more heated, your Secretary of State entered the meeting room. He says, "Calm down everyone, this ruckus wouldn't happen if we didn't give autonomy to areas in the first place! Don't you all think that it'll be better if we take control of all of their regional affairs?"
[effect]the @@DENONYM@@ military can be seen everywhere centralizing (and destabilizing) things
[policy]Removes the devolution policy

Co-authored by: drew_durrnil
Last edited by Zarulia on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Your draft is good, but there's a lot of grammar errors.
The draft but better:
[description] Before the start of a new month, many people, including one of your friends, have complained about the taxation forms given out by the local authorities. Some have gotten duplicate tax forms, while some have gotten the wrong type of tax form, highlighting the fact that there is no standard tax form after each region was given autonomy. To fix this problem, you scheduled a meeting at the Department of Administration and Taxation.
[validity]Not valid in countries that do not have the income tax or the devolution policy

[option] "Most nations, such as the United Federation, that give autonomy to their regions split their taxes into 3 categories." states your Minister of Administration, @@RANDOMNAME@@. While scrolling through the United Federation Taxation website, he continues, "We could split the tax into 3 categories. Those are the Local tax, the Regional tax, and the Central tax. The Local tax is collected by the tax authority of their respective local area, such as their canton or town. The Regional tax is collected by the regional authority, the authority that rules over the area. The Central tax is collected by our Administration Department."

[option] "Isn't that too much?", complains the Vice Minister of Administration, @@RANDOMNAME2@@. "Let all kinds of taxes be handled by the local authorities. Afterwards, the regional authority may take about 20-50% of each of their local treasuries for their use. Finally, the central government may take around half of each region's treasuries, with the share rate being highly variable depending on the region."

[option]Not long after, a deputy officer of the Administration Department stumbled across the meeting. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is @@RANDOMNAME3@@, and I think you should abolish all independent and informal taxes imposed by these "regional" and "local" authorities and let us handle all taxation issues. When that's finished, we can distribute it to each region equally."

[option] As the meeting got more and more heated, your Secretary of State entered the meeting room. He says, "Calm down everyone, this ruckus wouldn't happen if we didn't give autonomy to areas in the first place! Don't you all think that it'll be better if we take control of all of their regional affairs?"
[effect]the @@DENONYM@@ military can be seen everywhere centralizing (and destabilizing) things

If you implement these changes, please list me as a co-author.
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:Your draft is good, but there's a lot of grammar errors.
The draft but better:
[description] Before the start of a new month, many people, including one of your friends, have complained about the taxation forms given out by the local authorities. Some have gotten duplicate tax forms, while some have gotten the wrong type of tax form, highlighting the fact that there is no standard tax form after each region was given autonomy. To fix this problem, you scheduled a meeting at the Department of Administration and Taxation.

If you implement these changes, please list me as a co-author.

thanks for the grammatical fixes i guess, but how do i credit you as a "co-author"

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:48 pm

You can use the
[nation][/nation]
tags, like this: Drew Durrnil
Also, please don't add that I edited it.
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
author of sc #434

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Co-authorship notices usually go in the validity like so:
[validity]Not valid in countries that do not have the income tax or the devolution policy. Co-authored by Drew Durrnil.

This is the skeleton of your draft as revised by Drew Durrnil:

DESCRIPTION: Since @@NAME@@ introduced a policy of devolution, there have been widespread complaints about inconsistent tax form styles from region to region! What do you do?
1: Collect taxes on a local, a regional, and a national basis like the United Federation does
2: Collect taxes on a local basis, and then let regions collect half of the locality's takings, and then let the national government collect half of the region's takings
3: Collect taxes on a national basis only, and then distribute it evenly to all regions
4: Abolish devolution

By no stretch of the imagination do any of these options introduce a "standard tax form," nor will they satisfy @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ who complain about receiving "duplicate tax forms [or] the wrong type of tax form" - they merely ask how far the principle of subsidiarity ought to apply to taxation.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:29 am

Tinhampton wrote:Co-authorship notices usually go in the validity like so:
[validity]Not valid in countries that do not have the income tax or the devolution policy. Co-authored by Drew Durrnil.

This is the skeleton of your draft as revised by Drew Durrnil:

DESCRIPTION: Since @@NAME@@ introduced a policy of devolution, there have been widespread complaints about inconsistent tax form styles from region to region! What do you do?
1: Collect taxes on a local, a regional, and a national basis like the United Federation does
2: Collect taxes on a local basis, and then let regions collect half of the locality's takings, and then let the national government collect half of the region's takings
3: Collect taxes on a national basis only, and then distribute it evenly to all regions
4: Abolish devolution

By no stretch of the imagination do any of these options introduce a "standard tax form," nor will they satisfy @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ who complain about receiving "duplicate tax forms [or] the wrong type of tax form" - they merely ask how far the principle of subsidiarity ought to apply to taxation.

In the description of the draft said "The wrong kind of tax form" which meant that i'm implying tax forms as in who collected it, not the different kinds of taxes like VAT, Corp, etc

Also, spoiler alert: if you didnt get the option 3 fallout, it implies that city life was hell because all public service on urban areas suddenly goes underfunded, while the rural areas that often meaningless to the nation's gdp have their services overfunded
Last edited by Zarulia on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:48 am

Zarulia wrote:In the description of the draft said "The wrong kind of tax form" which meant that i'm implying tax forms as in who collected it, not the different kinds of taxes like VAT, Corp, etc

When I see "tax form," I immediately think of the paperwork you have to fill out to complete your taxes - not "who collect[s tax]" or "the different kinds of tax."
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:04 am

Zarulia, I've noticed you've already submitted this three times in one day. That's a lot of submissions in a very short time.

Please, take your time to slowly work with your draft. A day is nowhere near long enough. The process may take weeks or months. Usually the process is Draft (and you need to leave it up for a long time to maximise feedback), then -- when you are thinking of submitting in a week or so -- change "[Draft]" to "[Last Call]".

Also, tax evasion does not appear to be part of your issue? In fact, this issue seems to be on several things: your friends are confused by the tax forms, but then several of the options are about how much tax is collected and by whom.

I suggest you narrow down your focus onto one topic, and that you do not submit again until you have your absolute final draft.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Zarulia, I've noticed you've already submitted this three times in one day. That's a lot of submissions in a very short time.

Please, take your time to slowly work with your draft. A day is nowhere near long enough. The process may take weeks or months. Usually the process is Draft (and you need to leave it up for a long time to maximise feedback), then -- when you are thinking of submitting in a week or so -- change "[Draft]" to "[Last Call]".

Also, tax evasion does not appear to be part of your issue? In fact, this issue seems to be on several things: your friends are confused by the tax forms, but then several of the options are about how much tax is collected and by whom.

I suggest you narrow down your focus onto one topic, and that you do not submit again until you have your absolute final draft.

I'm sorry, i thought that i could edit something on it and submit several times, discarding the previous ones :sweat_smile:
also, 'tax evasion' does appear in the first paragraph where there is alot of confusion going on with the taxation system, just that its actually more than just one thing but i still prefer to keep the title simple.
Last edited by Zarulia on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Zarulia wrote:In the description of the draft said "The wrong kind of tax form" which meant that i'm implying tax forms as in who collected it, not the different kinds of taxes like VAT, Corp, etc

When I see "tax form," I immediately think of the paperwork you have to fill out to complete your taxes - not "who collect[s tax]" or "the different kinds of tax."

hmmm ill think about another issue title

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 am

Zarulia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:When I see "tax form," I immediately think of the paperwork you have to fill out to complete your taxes - not "who collect[s tax]" or "the different kinds of tax."

hmmm ill think about another issue title

change it to "paperwork panic"
author of sc #434

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:58 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:
Zarulia wrote:hmmm ill think about another issue title

change it to "paperwork panic"

alright got it

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:00 pm

Zarulia wrote:
Drew Durrnil wrote:change it to "paperwork panic"

alright got it

Have you not made any changes to the actual content of the issue? This still does not fix the disreptancies I highlighted about eighteen hours ago.

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Zarulia wrote:alright got it

Have you not made any changes to the actual content of the issue? This still does not fix the disreptancies I highlighted about eighteen hours ago.

at the time my brain was rebooting so i was like "yeah whatever"
now that i think more about it, i came back to the forum and i think i might retitle that, time to edit the draft (and be on the edit page for hours just thinking about a new title)
Last edited by Zarulia on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarulia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarulia » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Zarulia wrote:alright got it

I changed it back to the original title and slightly change the description to match the title.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:09 pm

Why is an issue now, and say, not 10 years ago
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?