NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread V3: 2022! It's Happening!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Where's OBJ signing?

Green Bay Packers
13%
New York Giants
16%
LA Rams
11%
Buffalo Bills
21%
No one! Poor guy.
39%

Total votes : 80

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 pm

The Falcons have apparently been receiving inquiries from teams interested in trading up to #4 in the draft. The Falcons are said to be open to the possibility of trading the pick away.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 pm

Sodoran Alesia wrote:One of Deshaun Watson's accusers has publicly come forward.

I applaud her for her bravery, it was an extremely strong statement. And honestly, we can talk all day about innocent until proven guilty but if there's 20 other women with stories like hers, I think it's done. Watson should never play again.

Oh please, maybe you should think more all day instead of this hip shot thoughtless talk!

And how do you expect him to potentially pay court ordered civil damages should a court or several courts order it in multiple cases? If his employer or a potential employer wants to employ him despite these potential convictions then he should continue to have the right to work. Watson will not be getting some long jail sentence for any of this and will STILL need to make a living. And that's not up to you, or the legal system or the bullshit twitter court of public opinion to decide. It's only up to the person or persons that hires him or not. That's the way the world ultimately turns, kid. :shock:
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Idzequitch wrote:The Falcons have apparently been receiving inquiries from teams interested in trading up to #4 in the draft. The Falcons are said to be open to the possibility of trading the pick away.

Since everything the Falcons do is completely and utterly wrong then this pick once traded will no doubt turn out to be a HOFer. :p

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:
Sodoran Alesia wrote:One of Deshaun Watson's accusers has publicly come forward.

I applaud her for her bravery, it was an extremely strong statement. And honestly, we can talk all day about innocent until proven guilty but if there's 20 other women with stories like hers, I think it's done. Watson should never play again.

Oh please, maybe you should think more all day instead of this hip shot thoughtless talk!

And how do you expect him to potentially pay court ordered civil damages should a court or several courts order it in multiple cases? If his employer or a potential employer wants to employ him despite these potential convictions then he should continue to have the right to work. Watson will not be getting some long jail sentence for any of this and will STILL need to make a living. And that's not up to you, or the legal system or the bullshit twitter court of public opinion to decide. It's only up to the person or persons that hires him or not. That's the way the world ultimately turns, kid. :shock:

Realistically, Watson won't technically be barred from playing. I could see him getting a lengthy suspension out of all this, but technically you are correct, there will probably come a point again where he is eligible to play. However, I think there is also a possibility that public outcry could be loud enough that he becomes essentially unsignable due to the media circus that will be surrounding him. Is the court of public opinion qualified to make that decision? Perhaps not. But again, that's how these things work sometimes. So I agree that he won't be barred from the NFL forever, but I do recognize that there is a real chance he's played his last down. Perhaps not the most likely outcome, but also not a completely unlikely one.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Oh please, maybe you should think more all day instead of this hip shot thoughtless talk!

Realistically, Watson won't technically be barred from playing. I could see him getting a lengthy suspension out of all this, but technically you are correct, there will probably come a point again where he is eligible to play. However, I think there is also a possibility that public outcry could be loud enough that he becomes essentially unsignable due to the media circus that will be surrounding him. Is the court of public opinion qualified to make that decision? Perhaps not. But again, that's how these things work sometimes. So I agree that he won't be barred from the NFL forever, but I do recognize that there is a real chance he's played his last down. Perhaps not the most likely outcome, but also not a completely unlikely one.

And theoretical physics says an elephant can hang from a cliff by a single daisy. C 'mon, man. First, this guy needs to be convicted and we're a long way from that. Seems to me we had a masher POTUS recently that has over 25 women claiming sexual abuse stuff and he's still roaming around out there doing is thing and raking in the $$$. Do i like it? Nope. But that's the way the this dirty world does turn. On the buck it rotates.

And Watson is such a vastly talent QB one of these desperate NFL owner schmuckheads is sure to hire him. They'll have him sanitized, get him massive counseling for sex addiction and a bunch of community outreach shit and then pretend it's all fine and better. The two faced media will then shut up about it and casually move on to the next car wreck. Am i right? Just wait and see.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 am

I know this isn't a Law & Order: SVU episode but it certainly feels weird that this all started happening when he made it clear he wasn't coming back to Houston. It's like the Texans opened the flood gates to sabotage his value and make him pay for leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if teams have been hushing up crimes by big name players to protect themselves.

But like I said this isn't a Law & Order: SVU episode (yet. Dick Wolf can't write anymore so he just rips off current events without creativity) and I doubt that the Houston Texans are criminal masterminds, they are at worst an offense to football.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:30 am

Impaled Nazarene wrote:I know this isn't a Law & Order: SVU episode but it certainly feels weird that this all started happening when he made it clear he wasn't coming back to Houston. It's like the Texans opened the flood gates to sabotage his value and make him pay for leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if teams have been hushing up crimes by big name players to protect themselves.

But like I said this isn't a Law & Order: SVU episode (yet. Dick Wolf can't write anymore so he just rips off current events without creativity) and I doubt that the Houston Texans are criminal masterminds, they are at worst an offense to football.

Watsons issues kill his value for Texas. He would have generated multiple draft picks, probably multiple #1's. I can't see anyone shooting themselves in the foot like that
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:50 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I know this isn't a Law & Order: SVU episode but it certainly feels weird that this all started happening when he made it clear he wasn't coming back to Houston. It's like the Texans opened the flood gates to sabotage his value and make him pay for leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if teams have been hushing up crimes by big name players to protect themselves.

Watsons issues kill his value for Texas. He would have generated multiple draft picks, probably multiple #1's. I can't see anyone shooting themselves in the foot like that

Only the Knicks would pay that price, not even the Texans would overpay a player that has made the ultimatum. Once word gets out that its either a trade or free agency the market smells blood in the water the value drops significantly. Why trade valuable first rounds when you have the cap to sign him in free agency or you can just pay 2nds and 3rds at best?
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Watsons issues kill his value for Texas. He would have generated multiple draft picks, probably multiple #1's. I can't see anyone shooting themselves in the foot like that

Only the Knicks would pay that price, not even the Texans would overpay a player that has made the ultimatum. Once word gets out that its either a trade or free agency the market smells blood in the water the value drops significantly. Why trade valuable first rounds when you have the cap to sign him in free agency or you can just pay 2nds and 3rds at best?

First off, because if he doesn’t play he won’t hit free agency.

Secondly, because the team isn’t going to trade him for a 2nd rounder, and because if there’s even two bidders, suddenly you’re trying to outbid someone else.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:06 pm

Ranoria wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Only the Knicks would pay that price, not even the Texans would overpay a player that has made the ultimatum. Once word gets out that its either a trade or free agency the market smells blood in the water the value drops significantly. Why trade valuable first rounds when you have the cap to sign him in free agency or you can just pay 2nds and 3rds at best?

First off, because if he doesn’t play he won’t hit free agency.

Then they're paying a player who won't even play.
Anarchist

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:44 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Watsons issues kill his value for Texas. He would have generated multiple draft picks, probably multiple #1's. I can't see anyone shooting themselves in the foot like that

First off

"Only the knicks..." :clap: you win the internet today.

Assuming watson isn't tainted goods for a moment .

Watson doesn't hit free agency this year.. If you want him this year, you have to trade for him. Texas can suspend him for not playing and not pay him this year.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016

Postby Dresderstan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:48 pm

It only takes a few seconds, and turning your heart over to hatred, to ruin your entire life. What a horrible shame all around.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Jerzylvania wrote:

I think DeShaun Watson has made enough money to pay for probably a lot of things...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Jerzylvania wrote:Oh please, maybe you should think more all day instead of this hip shot thoughtless talk!

I think DeShaun Watson has made enough money to pay for probably a lot of things...

Who knows. But you don't get to decide that, Lum. That's the point. The market does that. I

MO he's in professional quicksand as long as he's still in Houston. I wouldn't be shocked if he came to the Texans management and told them of the mess he's created for himself. It would make sense bc you sure wouldn't want them to find out from others sources. He'd get the first spin on it.

In fact, i wonder if JJ Watt's odd departure may be connected to this whole Watson mess. They've shared close quarters in that locker room and things get mentioned. If JJ got wind of these events and wanted out of Houston, well, think about how that would go down. The Texans are fucked, their players and fans are fucked and Watson is one dumb mofo for letting this jam happen. It's ugly and it's gonna get a lot uglier. Smartest thing for the Texans is to dump Deshaun ASAP before he does anymore damage. Will they do it? Well, that would take some managerial skill, of which the organization has been sorely lacking. And until they do it's doom and gloom in Houston 24/7.
Last edited by Jerzylvania on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:19 pm

What a tragic story. His father is killed by gunfire while doing work in 2017.
"A year later, Rudolph's father was killed at a Florida nightclub after a gun was accidentally discharged, with the bullet going through a wall and striking Darryl Rudolph in the back as he was conducting repairs in another room."

Hmm.
Deshaun Watson's problems are dwarfed by this sorry player's horrible fate. smh. Lordy!

SorianoraCards
Civilian

Founded: Mar 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby SorianoraCards » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Maybe we’ll have all QB’s go 1,2,3 in the draft this year.
Card puppet of the glorious Sorianora

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ranoria wrote:First off, because if he doesn’t play he won’t hit free agency.

Then they're paying a player who won't even play.

They're not. If you look up the whole holdout situation between Leveon Bell and the Jets, that would be a good thing to go off of. Watson would still be under contract, but would not be paid.
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 pm

SorianoraCards wrote:Maybe we’ll have all QB’s go 1,2,3 in the draft this year.

It's all but assured, really.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Idzequitch wrote:
SorianoraCards wrote:Maybe we’ll have all QB’s go 1,2,3 in the draft this year.

It's all but assured, really.

I like Fields, Lawrence, and Lance, although the latter certainly more as a developmental prospect. Not huge on Zach Wilson or Mac Jones.

But I'm also notoriously bad at predicting college QBs in the NFL outside of Lamar, I was pretty spot on with him.
Lumi is my NS mom

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Postby Idzequitch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm

Giovani Bernard is now a free agent after getting released by the Bengals. It's a shame he spent so much time languishing in Cincy behind Mixon. I think he's a pretty solid back, but the market is pretty limited for 29 year old RB's these days.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
9Axes Results

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Idzequitch wrote:Giovani Bernard is now a free agent after getting released by the Bengals. It's a shame he spent so much time languishing in Cincy behind Mixon. I think he's a pretty solid back, but the market is pretty limited for 29 year old RB's these days.

I suppose he may have fresher legs than you are letting on. :p

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 pm

Deshun Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin says that while Watson did have sexual relations during some massage sessions, they were all consensual

Deshaun Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin says he won't dispute that the Texans quarterback ended up having sexual relations with massage therapists during some sessions, but he insists the activity always was consensual.

"In some of these massages there’s going to be no question - we’ve never run from it, our first announcement has always been about consent – that on some occasions some active sexual activity would have taken place," Hardin said during a press conference Friday. "I’m not going into what it is, the nature, or the numbers, or with whom, but I think you can rightfully assume, what we have always been emphasizing, that never at any time, under any circumstances did this young man ever engage in anything that was not mutually desired by the other party."

also, a second update (same link)
The civil suits were filed without naming the women - although two came forward with their name this week - but on Friday two Harris County judges ruled in separate hearings that Tony Buzbee - the attorney representing the women - must make the names of the accusers public.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Effortposts can be found here!

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Kowani wrote:Deshun Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin says that while Watson did have sexual relations during some massage sessions, they were all consensual

Deshaun Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin says he won't dispute that the Texans quarterback ended up having sexual relations with massage therapists during some sessions, but he insists the activity always was consensual.

"In some of these massages there’s going to be no question - we’ve never run from it, our first announcement has always been about consent – that on some occasions some active sexual activity would have taken place," Hardin said during a press conference Friday. "I’m not going into what it is, the nature, or the numbers, or with whom, but I think you can rightfully assume, what we have always been emphasizing, that never at any time, under any circumstances did this young man ever engage in anything that was not mutually desired by the other party."

The civil suits were filed without naming the women - although two came forward with their name this week - but on Friday two Harris County judges ruled in separate hearings that Tony Buzbee - the attorney representing the women - must make the names of the accusers public.

And this kids, is why we stick to data visualizations of partisan spatial segregation. /s
Lumi is my NS mom

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Kowani wrote:Deshun Watson's attorney Rusty Hardin says that while Watson did have sexual relations during some massage sessions, they were all consensual

I would expect nothing less from Texas. They don't give a damn about the victims.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General