NATION

PASSWORD

Rise of the North(Canada Story)(IC:OP only)(Comments:Open)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Rise of the North(Canada Story)(IC:OP only)(Comments:Open)

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:39 am

Hello everyone. Welcome to my Canada ISOTing to The Union of British North America’s world RP, based on the Rise of the North by ViperhawkZ on Alternate_History_Forums.
I would regret to say that this is not an RP, but rather a story. I may later open this up for RPing, but I am not sure yet as of the moment.
Canada ISOTing to The Union of British North America’s very interesting universe is not from RL, rather from my own Canon that Bengal and Assam, which is my main nation is a part of. Main differences would be the British Empire still existing as a political, military and economic alliance, and is in a 4 way Cold War with the US and NATO, Communist Poles and their Warsaw Pact, and an Imperial Japan which never entered WW2, with China taking its place as the main Axis loser in the East, the Commonwealth and the US nearly going to war during the 90s etc.

It’s the first time I ever made a post, and am writing a multi chapter story, so pls comment and give recommendations freely. I hope to give all readers a good experience.
And I would like to thank The Union of British North America for his express permission to use his canonical universe for the purpose of this story. And would like to thank Alt-Hist Forums user ViperhawkZ for the inspiration behind this story. Posts at the beginning may, who am I kidding, will be similar to the original inspiration material, but I will diverge eventually and charter my own path…

Again, thanks, and please wish me luck, and bestow thy wisdom and advice. It’ll only serve to make this story much better as I progress.
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:40 am

[RESERVED]
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 1: Hot Knife thru Butter

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:46 am

Outpost Riverfront, Windsor, Ontario Province, Confederation of Canada
8th February, 2021, 11.48pm

Private Liu Jin Shi peeked through his binoculars across the river, doing his "job" as District HQ put it to him, looking across the border and the river for any American movements, even by an inch that may suggest any incursion by the other side into the Confederation of Canada. As someone coming from British Hong Kong, which has a tropical climate, the Canadian cold wasn't that comfortable for him. "Sign into the British Commonwealth Forces, see the world", the ads during his teenage years on TVB said, "Should’ve added ‘and freeze your balls off’" thought Liu

"Fancy a cuppa?" said Corporal Williams. The bloke came from Australia, where people have a very interesting vocabulary. Its true, and he’s seen it work. Writing “Sincerely” at the end of an e-mail or a letter literally means “fuck off”, while calling someone a “fucker” means he’s one of your besties, and a very close one at that.
“Thanks mate, I was freezing.”
“Before ‘95, Commonwealth forces used to stick around their Dominions of origin, for example an Aussie serving won’t go beyond Hong Kong or Bengal. Now they’re making us freeze our undies off at the US-Canada border, just coz some Yanks in Washington can’t handle the idea of Canada having British nukes on its soil to fend off the Ruskies and the Japanese.”
“And the honchos in Ottawa are trying to make it worse” said Liu as he slurped on the cup “They’re trying to get the Brits to station nukes in their colonies in the Caribbean. Apparently they think it may draw away troops from the border, and may allow nuclear strikes on the South of the country if Trump ever decides to push the Big Red Button first. Or maybe I’m thinking it wrong, surely being stationed in the Caribbean would be better than handling this nippy weather. Only downside would be having to look out for the Communist islanders and their Polish and Soviet handlers alongside the Yanks."

As the two were chatting up, they noticed that a blanket of fog covered up the US Forces base and Detroit from across the river, a common occurrence given that it was winter. Suddenly, a blanket of white light appeared, glowing brighter every second, Liu closed his eyes while the other guy covered his with his hands to protect them as the entire sky got engulfed. Then, the mysterious light disappeared as quickly as it came, leaving Liu and Corporal Williams intact.

As Liu opened up his eyes, he thought he would see Detroit destroyed in nuclear hellfire, and that war between the Commonwealth and the US was underway at this very moment, but to his shock, he saw something else entirely. The Detroit skyline he knew and watched for the past 4 months, and the military base across the river along with the fortifications disappeared, as if they were never there before, replaced by something he wasn't used to.

The city of Detroit seemed smaller, less skyscrapers and factories, no military presence on the other side, and the Ambassador Bridge was perfectly cut in half, as if God had run a hot knife through the bridge, as if it was butter, going perfectly through the border and eating up the rest.

He only had one question, “What the fuck just happened?”

Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 2: How Screwed Are We?

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:02 am

(1st part stolen mostly from the Source Material. Aside from minor adjustments to fit into my lore here and there)

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario Province, Confederation of Canada
09th Feb 2021 – 3:26 AM

Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, opened his blurry eyes as he was awakened. Images of a dream he had been having faded quickly from his mind. For some reason, he found himself looking at a picture of his father, former Prime Minister and OBE recipient Pierre Trudeau, hanging on the bedroom wall. He became aware of what had woken him up as someone frantically knocked on his door. He glanced at the digital clock on his bedside table, then groaned and got out of bed, trying not to wake Sophie up as he did. Whoever was at the door knocked again, even more agitated.

“Alright, I’m coming, calm down,” he said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he moved towards the door. Behind him, he heard Sophie stirring in the bed.

Before the knocking could resume, Trudeau pulled the door open, revealing an RCMP officer standing behind it.
“If you’ve damaged my door, you’re buying me a new one,” joked Trudeau.

The RCMP officer chuckled momentarily before returning to his serious expression.
“Mr. Trudeau, we’re being flooded with strange reports from the border, and we need you at central command at the Ministry of Defence,” said the officer. “We’ll get your family to safety,” he added, noticing the worried glance Trudeau took at his wife.

Trudeau nodded gravely. “Alright, give me a minute to get dressed. I’ll let Sophie know what’s going on.”

The RCMP officer nodded and stood up against the wall outside the bedroom. Closing the door behind him, Trudeau walked quietly back to the bed and gently shook his wife awake.

“Sophie, honey.”
“Mhmm…” she mumbled. Justin shook her again. “Hmm?” Sophie murmured, opening her eyes and looking up at her husband. “What is it?”
“Apparently something strange is going on, and the Yanks might be up to something. I’ve got to go to central command, but I need you to get the kids. The Mounties will take you somewhere safe”

A short time afterwards, the bedroom door swung open again and the PM walked out, now properly – if rather hastily – dressed.
“Let’s go. What’s the situation?” asked Trudeau to his secretary who was waiting downstairs as the officer led him out of 24 Sussex Dr. to the Prime Minister’s official car, an armoured Vauxhall Insignia, which was parked out front.
“It’s hard to say exactly, sir. It’s a very confusing matter,” responded the secretary, as the officer held the door open for Trudeau and the secretary, and then climbed into the front seat. “We know for sure that whatever happened, most of our communications network is toast. COMNET, which is the Commonwealth worldwide military communication network, is offline, along with everything else global that’s running off of a satellite, and we haven’t been able to contact a single person outside of the country since midnight – not by phone, not by radio, not by the internet, nothing. We can’t even connect to any websites based outside of Canada.”

Trudeau mulled the information over with a frown. “What was it about the strange reports coming from the border?” he asked after a moment.
“Since midnight – Ontario Time – we’ve been flooded with calls, military and civilian. People are talking about a huge flash of light on the border, things appearing or disappearing in the US, sudden weather changes and huge storms here and there… We’ve also been getting reports from as far away as posts on the Alaskan border in the Yukon – even from Alert.”
“Jesus…”
The secretary nodded in agreement. “We sent cars to pick up the Governor General and Prince Harry, and their families to take them to a safer location, and the CBC and other channels are broadcasting emergency transmissions. Hopefully, whatever happened, it isn’t dangerous, but if it is… We’re doing what we can to make sure as many people as possible are safe.”

Emergency Defence Headquarters
Ministry of National Defence, Major-General George R Pearkes Building, Ottawa, Ontario

The Prime Minister was ushered into a secure room, deep below the MOD Complex. He was greeted by heads of the different branches of the military.

“So, what are we doing about all this?” asked Trudeau
“Sir” said Chief of Defence Staff Mel Hupfeld “we are keeping all out forces, both Canadian and Commonwealth on high alert. The RCAF is at full readiness, and is sortieing along the border. We plan to send a ship as well to survey what happened. Mind you sir, we haven’t been in this posture since the Yanks stirred up trouble in 1995, so our ground combat capabilities may be lacking to some extent”
“I see no trouble as long as a defensive war can be successfully fought in case of an American attack.”

Then the Commander of the British Commonwealth Forces in Canada, David Newman spoke up “Sir, since communications with HQ in Glasgow, the UK and any other Commonwealth dominions and territories are down in such an unannounced manner, I must inform you that if this condition persists for the next 12 hours, all Commonwealth nuclear weapons on Canadian soil will be exclusively under the control of the Canadian Crown, by extension the Canadian government. Codes have not been changed for today, and if we can’t reestablish contact with any other members of the Commonwealth, they’ll be delivered to you. In practice however, I say that those nukes are under your control, exclusively from this very moment. If a week goes by and there is no change in this situation, military personnel and equipment under command of the British Commonwealth Forces will be transferred to the control of the Canadian Forces, as protocol clearly says.”
“Surely you won’t resign.” said Trudeau
“That will be upto the Canadian Government. By personnel, that means me included. If you don’t think my services are required, I shall resign without question immediately after the deadline.”
“Nonsense. That will be nothing other than desertion. You will have a part in leading our troops into Washington if the Yanks are up on their schemes again. I shall hear no more of this. Now tell me, are your troops up to the task of repelling any attack, wherever it comes from, whether it be the Red Communists, the Japanese or the Yanks and their European bootlickers down South?”
“YES SIR!” said Newman with a little smile.
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 3: (OOC: Can't think of a title)

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:07 am

09th Feb, 2020 11.35pm MSK
Winter Palace, Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg Governorate, Russian Empire

“ A new era is upon us Vashe Imperatorskoye.” said Alexei Ivanov, Grand Duke of the Russian Empire, a position which he inherited from his father, “the Japanese, and their lapdogs in the Republic of China are becoming weak. A mere shadow of their former selves as superpowers that would go on head to head with the Amerikanskis and their masters in Britain. The proof would be what’s going on to the South of our Great and Holy Motherland. They are handing over Bengal back to the Commonwealth without firing a single shot, after all they expended on funding a military coup in Bengal during their heydays to get the country on their side. I believe that its high time we work on reunifying Manchuria and Sakhalin under your most elated and heavenly domain.”

The Tsar seemed happy with what his Grand Duke just told him. What he read on the document brought by his trusted Grand Duke to back up his words obviously pleased him.
“You seem to have put in a good time to put this scheme together Alexei” said Vladimirovich Romanova, Great Tsar of the Russian Empire said with a smile “Surely your father saw greatness in you when he asked me pass on his office to his son on his deathbed, may our Heavenly Father bless him. But have you taken the North Americans, who are on their way to become the biggest superpower on the face of this globe with the decline of Japan and its Co-Prosperity Sphere, and what action they would take if we go ahead with this plan of yours into account?”
“I knew you would ask that, Your Most Elated Majesty, but our analysts in the Okhrana believe that, aside from the statements of denunciation against our Heavenly Empire, not that any such denunciations by these Protestant and Catholic heretics count in front of our Heavenly Father, the North Americans, and the British by extension will not take any form of action that would hurt Holy Mother Russia and Her interests. However, we must take our actions against the Co-Prosperity Sphere cautiously, the Japanese and Chinese dragons are old, but they can still bite.”
“A bite would be nothing but a scratch on our great nation. However, Grand Duke Ivanov. I would implore that you not put such plans into motion until my son, Tsarevich Nicolai comes back from his tour of North America, and is within the security of home. He was in Ontario if I remember correctly, wasn’t he?”
“That’s what your retainers tell me, Your Most Elated Majesty”

The conversation with his Grand Duke made the Tsar satisfied enough to make worries over his one and only dear son being far from home disappear. But the dark cloud would once return to the throne room once more as a retainer entered the room with a face full of sweat and horror.

“Retainer Tchaikovsky” said Tsar Vladimirovich with a smile “What sort of news do you bear that you are sweating in this cold?”
*gulp* Ahem. Its your son, Your Most Elated and Heavenly Majesty. He…”
“Enough with the formalities and your blithering Tchaikovsky” roared the Tsar “What happened to him? I demand a straight answer, or its Siberia for your entire kin and everyone they know.”
“Tsarevich Nicolai has disappeared. As in, we can’t contact with him, or his security detail, nor with the people that went with him on the tour to North America. None of their phones are functioning, we can’t reach them by wireless, nor the Combinet*. The feed from GPS trackers we put in their bags have disappeared. We are doing everythi…”

Tsar Vladimir couldn't believe it. He had talked with his son last night. There was no way that his son would run away in any form. What happened pointed towards nothing other than a North American plot. "Those fucking Yankees" he thought as he held in his anger, lest he does something rash.
“Everything my ass. Get out. GET THE FUCK OUT, BOTH OF YOU!”

* Combinet= the bloody Internet

OOC
Image Image
i) Tsar Vladimirovich Romanova. Head of State of the Russian Empire. While a Constitutional Monarch, he has a lot of influence in affairs of state, and works together with his government to maintain their autocratic form of governance in Russia
ii) Grand Duke Alexei Ivanov. Head of Government and the National Russian Unity and Orthodoxy Party

^atleast that's what I think they would look like

For even more details, head over to NAU's amazing factbooks. Imma even put in the link to his nation here. Chapter 4 is already on the way... Do comment.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... th_america
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 4

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:02 am

09th Feb, 2020 05.35pm EST
Cadogan House, Philadelphia, Duchy of Philadelphia, North American Union

“...and the planning for the arrival of the Kawanese PM for trade talks. Since Bengal is joining the Commonwealth very soon this year, she would like it if a trading agreement with the Union could be in effect as soon as the handover ceremony concludes. That’s all for today’s Cabinet Meeting Itinerary, Madam Prime Minister.” said Cabinet Secretary Juelz Wilcox as he was handing out the files to attending members of the cabinet, ‘as well as some military officers who’s rare presence means that something’s up regarding the security of the Realm’ thought Wilcox
“Thank you Wilcox” said Dame Felicity Graves, Prime Minister of the North American Union, Head of His Majesty’s North American Government. “Now, before we get to the scheduled order of business, we must address a matter of greater importance. Major Cruz from Defence will explain the rest.”

“Thank you Madam Prime Minister.” said Major Vidella Cruz, clearly a Spanish American of descent, although her accent had a ‘rancher’ twang to it, so to those in the room, it was obvious that she had her roots in one of the many Midwestern Provinces of the NAU. She walked up to a projector screen at the back of the room, while an aide from MOD set up the projector. “As of 12 am, EST, of this day, a bright light was observed along the borders of the Northeastern Provinces of Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, north of the Great Lakes in Canada(OTL:Ontario province), along the 40th Parallel in the Great Plains and Northwest EPR. Satellite footage shows the phenomenon taking place in the far north as well. That white line is basically the bright light that I have mentioned, it surrounded the entire northern part of the NAU, except Alaska. It wasn't nuclear in nature, since no radiation, other than what came from the background was detected."

"What followed the flash,” continued Vidella “according to local eyewitness and government installations on our side of the light was that a fence, the type we use to secure our border down south with Mexico, appeared out of nowhere. That, along with small villages on the other side of the fence either turned into bigger or smaller populated settlements or outright disappeared as if they were never there, roads from both sides ending at the fence, bridges cut perfectly in half. One 999 caller from Detroit told us that the average height of the buildings of the Windsor skyline on the other side of the river has increased tenfold. We've checked and confirmed, and have been told that military bases, with troops, ships, aircraft and vehicles that weren't there before have suddenly apparated out of nowhere"

"I'm sorry to interrupt" said the Secretary of Transport Mitch Yeoh "I'm glad the good Major brought this topic up, and speaking of Detroit, I've been told by the Michigan Provincial Minister for Transport that the Detroit-Windsor Bridge is intact, but the design on the suspension span has changed on the other side of the flash. And also, halfway through the bridge, a checkpoint where armed people wearing tunics similar to what our Mounties wear, but in Scarlet colour, has appeared, and they are turning back people crossing the bridge . One interviewed commuter apparently heard from one of the uniformed individuals that ‘the border is closed’ And that these Scarlet Tunic people are calling it the Gordie Howe Bridge, instead of its true name. Does the Major have anything to expand on this information?"

"Yes sir, we have tried to send troops across the bridge, it all ended up in a standoff with those Tuniced individuals, who brought in reinforcements armed fully with military gear, after which we withdrew and cordoned off the bridge from public use. Before this presentation started, I have been informed that they have a bunch of tanks ready on their side after what happened. Their tanks aren't exactly the same as what we have, but our and theirs do share design cues. Nor are those tanks similar to what we know other countries have. And Air Force has sent in planes there, but they have been turned back by armed aircraft claiming to be of ‘the Royal Canadian Air Force’. We aren't sure if its an invasion by a foreign power as well, since they're keeping to their side of the fence, and we aren't aware of any mass mobilisation of troops by either Russia, or the Co-Prosperity Sphere."

"Are these the Sons* then? They were doing terrorist attacks here and there, suddenly disappeared in 2001, and now they're taking over territory? Is that why they've been underground for 20 years?" Asked Minister of Home Affairs Adriel Hawkins

"We haven't ruled that out. But they seem to be using Royalist symbols, such as the Union Flag on their arm patches, and Crowns on their insignias, and their troops, according to the people we sent, seemed to be multiracial, and also followed proper military procedures. The Sons, as a terrorist organisation whose very core ideals are Republicanism and the establishment of an Anglo-ethnostate in North America would never do that, that’s what Military Intelligence thinks. There's a 50-50 chance at the moment. The only thing related to the Sons that we found was an Arch in Vancouver Province, that has 50 stars and 13 stripes, similar to a Sons’ flag, along with a defaced White Ensign that has a red horizontal stripe and a white maple leaf beside the Union Jack in the top left corner. There is a checkpoint, similar to the one on the Detroit-Windsor Bridge on the other side of the arch.”

After moments of observation, the Prime Minister finally spoke out. "Regarding the Union Jacks, I am sure that the right honourable External Affairs minister has relayed my instructions to the Foreign Office to contact London and ask for answers. I know what we are seeing here is unprecedented, and is smack dab out of works of science fiction literature. This, atop with increasing tensions with the Co-Prosperity Sphere due to Bengal crashing out of their alliance and straight into the Commonwealth would stretch thin our resources even more, since this is taking place in our integral territory. So Major, tell us, what is MOD doing about it?”

“As of this moment, we are doing a wait and see approach, and are putting military forces near the fence and along the Great Lakes on alert. And the Navy also planning to send a ship along the coast up north eventually. In short, we are securing this side of the fence first. Long term planning would include incursions into North American territory beyond the fence."

OOC
*The Sons of Liberty are a terrorist organisation active in the North American Union. They seek to sever the NAU's relations with the Commonwealth and the Crown, and establish an Anglo-centric republic.

For even more details, head over to NAU's amazing factbooks. Imma even put in the link to his nation here. Do comment.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... th_america
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 5

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 am

08th Feb, 2021 -11pm
Over the Labrador Sea

taken from source material

John Weiss stared blankly out of the window of the plane as it flew across the Atlantic Ocean, watching the lights on the wing blink slowly on and off. His friend Rob was sleeping in the aisle seat next to him. They were both returning from a week-long trip to Europe; it had been fun, but John was looking forward to getting back to his house in Kingston. Sleeping in his own bed again…
John glanced down at his watch, which read midnight, before returning his gaze to the outside. As he did, he noticed a light shining up from below the plane. It grew steadily stronger and stronger, until a bright white light engulfed the entire sky, throwing sharp shadows across the cabin and awakening many sleeping passengers. At the same time, the jet seemed to lurch, feeling as if it was hanging in place for a moment before abruptly dropping, bouncing and shuddering violently.

09th Feb, 2021 -6 pm
Over the Labrador Sea

Amidst all of the bouncing, which John considered to be nothing more than a turbulence, he noticed that the scenery outside the window was bright enough for it to be either dawn or dusk.
As the inside of the airliner erupted with shouts of confusion and screams of horror, John reached for a pen, eyeing his airsickness bag as something to write on his name in case the plane never made it. To his relief, however, the jet slowly pulled out of the fall, albeit still shaking and now filling the air with some alarming creaks and groans.

7:17pm – Over Newfoundland

“Mayday, mayday! We are damaged! We need to land right now!”

The copilot’s voice was hoarse as he shouted into the radio once again, as he had been doing from the past hour. The whole time, he and the pilot had been struggling to keep their plane airborne. Neither could spare a moment to look for the damage that they had suffered, but it was very obviously something serious. The cockpit was filled with flashing lights, beeping alarms, and the screech of strained metal, and to top it all up, he saw midnight turn into dusk, a complete set with the setting sun and crimson sky. He wondered if he was lying dead in the Labrador Sea, and this is just a part of the journey into the afterlife, and barely noticed when they finally got a response.

“This is St. John’s International Airport. Say again? You have an emergency?”

“Mayday!” yelled the copilot into the radio. “ This is Air Canada Flight 221. We need to land immediately! The plane’s nose is gone, disappeared while we were airborne. Requesting guidance and permission to land”

“Uh, maintain your present course Flight 221” asked the controller hastily.

ATC room, St John’s International
original lol

“Air Canada has no Flight 221. Its not even supposed to exist. And the borders are closed. This is a very complicated situation.”

“And the plane’s apparently a Boeing. The IFF may be wrong though. As far as I know, Air Canada hasn’t used Boeings since the mid 2000s. What do you suppose I say to the pilot?”

“Lets just wash it off our hands, hand it over to the air force. Ghost planes are beyond our paygrade and we all really deserve a cup of coffee after the crazy stuff we've been seeing after the sky went white last night. Nonexistent airlines and planes not supposed to be in service all trying to land in my airport. Luckily the RCAF is diverting em South towards the States, or the North American Union as the Yanks that tried to cross into Windsor this afternoon have been calling themselves according to the news, and we already have enough here to deal with anyway with all the stranded flights.”

Flight 221- Over Newfoundland
stolen from source

John grimaced, clutching the armrest of his seat in an iron grip as the plane continued to shake. He was one of only a few passengers aboard who hadn’t already lost his dinner in the past hour, but the jet wasn’t doing his stomach any favours, either. As the airliner gave another heavy shudder, he was startled by the “ding!” of the intercom.

“Attention, passengers,” said the unsteady voice of a flight attendant. “We will be making an emergency landing shortly at, um…” There was a moment of silence. “’RCAF Shearwater’. Please, stay seated, and we’ll bring you more information as soon as we can.”

As the intercom ding!-ed off again, a hubbub rose in the cabin, alongside the occasional retching of some unfortunate passenger. John turned to his friend in the seat beside him. Rob had been staring grimly at the headrest in front of him for an hour straight, but now he was looking around in confusion.

“Aren’t all of our bases called ‘CFB’?” asked John uncertainty. Rob was a bit of a history nut; he would know for sure.

“Yeah,” he responded. “They are. And there hasn’t been a RCAF Shearwater since the 60s, and CFB Shearwater has been a public heliport since the Nineties. No runways to land a 747 there.”

John looked out of his window again just in time for the plane to bank for a turn, putting St. John’s Harbour on full display. Eyes widening, he quickly got Rob’s attention.

“Dude, look!”

With Rob looking over his shoulder, he pointed at what had caught his attention: the Queen Elizabeth Class carrier docked there, F-35ish jets lined up abroad it, ‘CC1’ and a white Maple Leaf painted on the deck, surrounded by ships of seemingly every shape and size, what stood out was that there were no American flags among them, with most ships, including the carrier that identified as Canadian flying a variant of the Maple Leaf flag with the leaf pushed to the right, and a Union Jack in the top-left canton.

“What the hell?” mumbled Rob.

The two continued to look out the window, watching the city below them – St John was sure wasn’t supposed to be this big – pass by, and finally, seeing a runway come into view.

As the jet descended, John and Rob tore their eyes away from the outside; curling up in a way that they thought might protect them in a crash, as demonstrated by a flight attendant sometime before. Thankfully, it turned out to be unnecessary, as the plane landed roughly but safely. Breathing sighs of relief, the friends looked out the window to see emergency vehicles in military colours come racing up beside the plane. The intercom turned on again.

“Please exit the plane in an orderly fashion.”

Once they were outside the plane, John and Rob looked back at it, blanching when they saw that the nose of the plane was missing.

“Jesus,” said Rob.

“How the hell did we make it an hour without the front of the plane?” wondered John aloud. Turning again to face forward, the two looked at another runway, where an older-looking military jet was taxiing out.
John didn’t recognize it, but Rob’s sharp intake of breath caught his attention.

“What is it, dude?”

“That plane… Dude that’s an Arrow!” hissed Rob.

“What? Didn’t they cancel those?” replied John.

“Yes. Yes they did.”

As the friends watched, the Arrow spooled up its engines, then launched down the runway, taking off into the air before banking sharply and turning towards the southwest, disappearing into the clouds.

Makeshift Immigration Checkpoint, RCAF Shearwater, St.Johns, NL
7.45pm

Is me and me only, purely original

John was waiting 8th in the line as a woman in military fatigues was running passports of his fellow passengers through a scanner. For the first 4 people in the line, those passports didn't go through the Immigration and Citizenship Department's databases, the 5th in line's passport number didn't match, but his name and face did, and according to the woman, he never left the country, last going to "British Hong Kong" a year ago according to the ICD database the woman was accessing on a laptop on the desk infront of her. 'British Hong Kong' Did he hear that right? And the woman didn't seem to be aware of what the EU was, the 6th person in line was a very formal Frenchwoman, and the woman was grilling the lady over if her passport in question was a forgery due to the "European Union" written on the cover instead of the "European Community", and the lack of a Canadian or Commonwealth VISA. ‘Since when does the Commonwealth have its own visa policy?’ thought John. The Frenchwoman literally broke into tears, as the guy behind her almost laughed as if it was a form of entertainment. John thought he saw the guy somewhere, wasn’t he a British MP or something? John looked around, the guys in Air Force flights suits standing a few metres away from him were using Blackberrys and flip-phones straight out of the early 2010s as they were showing each other in-flight selfies of themselves, not a single Samsung or IPhone among them. Hell, the woman who was checking out their passports and beaconing the Military Policeman to manhandle them out of the line one after the other had what appeared to be a Nokia smartphone from the late 2000s on her desk.

---

Miranda Cartwright was registering migrants on her service ship, the HMCS Prince Edward Island, which was a part of the British Commonwealth mission to Mexico to select refugees from the Caravan heading towards the US. Trump may have closed America’s borders to these poor and destitute people seeking only a better life, and Biden may have refused to open them, but the Commonwealth will not deny them that right. Their mission in Mexico, choose the best and brightest of these refugees, bring them over to the prosperous British Commonwealth, where they will contribute to their adoptive Queen and Countries. Next thing she knew, her ship and the rest of the Commonwealth detachment was off St.John Harbour, as if the hand of god picked it up from the Gulf of Mexico, and dropped it off Canada. And now, with communications with the rest of the world suddenly going dark, Canada needed all available hands.

As of now, she was checking passports of a mysterious plane that’s not supposed to exist. The flag on its tail, the Red Maple Leaf with 2 vertical stripes was one of the rejects during the Great Canadian Flag Debate if she remembered correctly from a documentary on YahooVids, one of the victims of the waves of Anti-Americanism and Pro-Commonwealthism that consumed Canada in the aftermath of the Arrow Scandal, where disgraced Prime Minister Diefenbaker was proven to be bribed by the CIA to shut down the Avro Arrow program, and the CIA was caught putting spies into BAE to sabotage the British fighter program of the time.

“..maam, while I admit your passport does seem real in terms of appearance and security features, it's just not going through, you have no visa to enter Canada, and the cover of your passport just doesn’t help your case.”

“But Canada and the EU has a 6 month Visa fee travel agreement. Please call the French Embassy, they will back up my case.” Said the Frenchwoman as she was nearly breaking out into tears

“Maam, we are trying to do whatever we can to help. And we believe you are mistaken, there is no such agreement between the Confederation of Canada and the European Community, nor does the EC have any such agreement with the Commonwealth. That's what my ICD handbook and their website here says. You can confirm it yourself. Its only a Bing away. Please follow this gentleman here.” Pointing to a military police officer “And fill up this form. The ICD will contact the French Embassy and they may take up your case.”

6 people checked and all of them ended up in the holding room. ‘What the fuck is going on here?’ she wondered as an elderly gentleman next in the line handed in his passport. ‘A British passport’ she thought ‘At least this one is Commonwealth blue, and not Burgundy like the one the 2nd guy in the line came to her with. The gentlemen may end up in the holding room anyway' she thought
"Nigel Far…", she looked up at the man's photo, then at his face. 'What the fuck is the most important man in the Commonwealth doing on a civillian flight?' she thought as she made an expression as if she saw a ghost or something

"Yes, Nigel Farage, that's me"

"Um… the Prime Minister Farage?"
"Prime Minister? God no. I'm sure you're mistaken, young lady. I am the leader of the Reform Party, and a former MEP."

She was still unsure. The man might look just like him, and may coincidentally have the same name, or ‘a spy from one of the 3 factions the Commonwealth is standing against in this perpetual Cold War?’. The least she could do is confirm.

“Aah, alright, can you put your thumb in this fingerprint reader here, and face this camera?”

“Sure. You need to brush up on your general knowledge young lady. There’s a bigger world outside Canada you know.” said Farage as he faced the camera and put his thumb on the reader “It stung my finger a bit.”

“Well, yeah, apparently the Japanese are using fake wax fingerprints to get into places where they shouldn’t be going, sir. A sudden burst of infrared melts down any plastic or wax without causing any harm. Pretty new tech.”

“ the Japanese? I thought China was the main enemy”

"No. I'm sure the South Chinese are nothing more than Japanese lackeys and…" She looked at the computer screen, ‘Oh my god’ it was a match. “Prime Minister of the United Kingdom” written right there on the ICD database. “Facial structure,100%, Fingerprint 100%, Voiceprint 100%” She had a mirror right beside her screen, giving her a perfect view of the door to the Manager’s office, a ‘left-behind’ by the previous person who used that desk, possibly to slack off yet be alert when the boss was out and about. The door opened, and the manager was running towards her in a manner as if he was being chased by a wolf. Surely a Priority 1 identity sweep will make an alarm on whatever piece of tech he has connected to the base network, he was the admin ofc.

Miranda was at loss as to what to do next or what to say.

OOC
Yes. This story may seem like a Canadawank, but I assure u all, the NAU, although I hope it'll not end up as an enemy, as the most prominent country in The Union of British North America's is stronger, and has has his commonwealth to back him up. There will be a war with Russia tho, I can guarantee that.

I hope it gives a lot more insight into my world. And yes, the plane is technically from RL(<haven't think about Covid as of now).

And yes, Nigel Farage is the PM of the UK in my world. Since the UK never entered the EU, and Farage focused on getting the Conservative leadership instead.
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 6

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:21 am

Changing Room, Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(9th Feb, 2021)

“... a great performance by the Toronto Maple leafs on their home rink against the Boston Bruins...”

Connor Clifton paid no attention to the TV as TSN reminded them of how abysmal the match went for the Boston Bruins. 3-1, the Toronto Maple leaf went up the chain, leaving the Boston Bruins behind in the NHL. This was supposed to be the pinnacle of his hockey career. ‘Well, atleast we won’t have to see em from next year’ though Connor. He didn’t mind that one team switching leagues. Ever since what went down in 1995, ice hockey went to the rest of the Commonwealth rather than being confined to North America, and by 2007, the Vancouver Cup, an ice hockey league of teams from the countries that made up the British Commonwealth has been a competitor to the NHL. And these days, people in Canada have less to care about the NHL, which is confined to US and Canadian teams, and are more rather interested in a match between the Sydney Sharks, a team from Australia which has been stuck in Runners up since 2018, and the Calgary Flames, which has switched leagues in 2000, and has always been at the top in the Vancouver Cup, with the Loonie Londoners taking the cup once, yet it may change very soon. And like the winds of change coming in the Vancouver Cup, NHL management is considering a complete retreat from Canada by the end of the decade, ending 100 years of the tournament between teams of the two countries.

“We are extremely sorry to viewers anticipating the game between the Wellington Kiwis and the TaikoCity Tigers being held in Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Minato, Bengal” said the announcer of TSN on the only TV in the room “Due to the communication blackout, we are unable to get any feed from outside Canada. Hopefully once communication is restored, we shall show the game, exclusively on TSN”

As the channel switched to the highlights of the recent Toronto vs Boston match, The door opened, and Bruce Cassidy the coach of the Boston Bruins walked into the room.

"Sup, Connor. Match didn't go well, did it?"

"I still can't believe it Coach, teams from down South are getting kicked on the ass by the Maple Leafs. What are the Brits feeding them I wonder?"

"They're leaving the NHL anyway. And they've been on their way up for many years now. We must up our game, and use this reduced competition to bag the Stanley Cup this time. Don't be down."

"We've still got 5 days left until the next game Coach. Mind if I take a car down to Jersey? I would like to take a day off, maybe stay beside the fiance for a night. I’ll come back first thing the day after tommorow."

"I wouldn't say no Connor. I would really not. Going home is the perfect solution given what you're going through due to the team fucking over. But the Canucks have closed the border, no one goes in or out. All flights are cancelled. Apparently its related to that white flash we saw yesterday."

"Can't I take a rowboat across the Great Lakes? I know someone down in Michigan, he can stand by with a car" said Connor, trying to bring some humour in the room, although he knew his jokes were lame.

"Great idea, wrong year to do it. If you did it before 1986, you could've got away with it. But now, the US Navy would think you're upto no good, and will blow you straight out of the water. And the Canadians and the Brits would think you're CIA trying to smuggle secret stuff outta Canada. They'll lock you up, and throw away the key. I'm sorry, but we aren't going home until the Canucks and their Brit overlords figure it all out."
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 7

Postby Bengal and Assam » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:56 am

Holding Area, RCAF Shearwater, St. Johns, NFL, Canada
09th Feb 2021 – 09:02 PM

“… I don’t know what to do sir. He looks like him, sounds like him, even the voiceprints match. All that’s left to do is a DNA test.” Said Miranda Cartwright.

“That won’t be necessary,” said Noah Stephenson, Director for the local Immigration and Citizenship Department office here in St. Johns. As the alarm went off here in the base’s main office when a Priority 1 access person’s identity and presence here at the makeshift immigration checkpoint here got logged, computers at Immigration and Citizenship Office St. Johns monitoring arrivals went mad as well. An aide called him up while he was watching a movie with the wife and kids, and he himself didn’t know how many tickets he’ll get tomorrow for running a significant number of red lights to get here from his cozy home in the St. John suburbs. “At Least unless Ottawa thinks so. If that man was a spy, he would at least try throwing around his weight since he is literally a carbon copy, hell, he 100% looks like the British PM. This guy outright denies it, and rather claims to be something else. An ex-member of the European Parliament, despite the UK never even being a part of the European Community. As things stand right now, I have no choice but to believe the man, or maybe consider the idea that he's gone mad.”

“And his story checks out among the passengers of that plane. Of those holding British passports, some either hate him with all their lives, some see him as a kind of a hero, who, as I quote, ‘Led Britain out of the EU’ ‘Fucked up all of us with Brexit’ whatever that is and similar stuff. The passport holders of various Western European countries on that flight don’t seem to be keen on him. We’ve got a few people holding passports of Warsaw Pact countries, namely Poland on the flight as well, although they claim that the Warsaw Pact hasn't existed since 1989. Passports held by Soviet and Japanese passengers on that plane seem real in terms of security features, and visas previously issued, but names and emblems are somewhat amiss. As far as I know, the RSFSR doesn’t have a separate passport from that of the Soviet Union . Either 300 people on a non-existing Air Canada flight are trying out something funny, or they’re telling the truth.”

“What about our own people on that flight? And are there Commonwealth subjects on it?”

“Well, about 55 Canadians, claim to be coming back home. A very confusing matter to be honest. Many of them we’ve identified, a good chunk of them we have not. As if they were never even born, at least not registered. Yet, of those that we identified, a good number of them haven’t even left the country as of present, at least not through an official immigration point. Commonwealth citizens, a good number of Brits, some Aussies, some Kiwis,, a few Hong Kongers who have passports with the North Chinese emblem for some reason, 5 guys claiming to be from ‘Bangladesh’, whatever that is, although they pointed to Bengal when we brought a map to them. They said that the shape of the country, and the names of most settlements on the map are ‘wrong’. May I ask a question sir, does Ottawa know?”

“MOD knows about the plane since the very moment the guys at St.John International turned it over to the Air Force. Regarding Farage, Ottawa got the notification about him being scanned at the ICD terminal in RCAF Shearwater the same time my guys got it. As I was running red lights to get here, the Minister called me, and said that he was on his way to Number 24, to the PM’s along with the British High Commissioner. He wants me to bring the guy here to Ottawa, although things may change if the PM decides otherwise. Tomorrow, someone from Ottawa may come in to see what the government can do. Now I must talk to the man.”

---

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario Province, Confederation of Canada
09th Feb 2021 – 09:25 PM

“...I won’t stand for this Ambassador Davis.” said Trudeau. Sure it was night, but he barely had any time left after all the confusion that came after the flash. “You do realise, that if the US dares to invade Canada’s integral territory, the final answer if things go south for Canada would be the nuclear bombardment of a decent number of major cities in the the US, and this communication blockout won’t stop Canada’s Commonwealth allies from finishing off the rest, right? Cut me some slack Ambassador, I am trying to stop nuclear holocaust that would do no benefit to your country, nor mine.”

“I can assure you, sir. Good relations with Canada and the British Commonwealth, atleast back to the levels seen during the Bush-Blair Detente is one of President Biden’s main foreign policy goals.” said Ambassador Michael Davis. His words only had truth in them, as instructed by his masters in Washington, and he swore personally to the President to do his best to end this 25 year old staring contest between the US, its allies in what remains of NATO and the British Commonwealth. Lies broke down the ‘Special Relationship’ between the US and its former Commonwealth allies ever since they bribed Diefenbaker to shut down the Arrow Program in the 50s, and he believed that truth, and only the truth would mend whatever was left of it. “There is no way that my government would wish to start a war with another power 20 days into the Presidency, and not without withdrawing the Embassy and Americans currently in the Commonwealth before any conflict. The conflict itself would not do President Biden any good, sir.”

“Now you listen to me Ambassador… I demand a strai…”

As Trudeau was about to finish the sentence, an aide knocked on the door.

“Come in” said Trudeau

An aide walked in. “Sir, the Minister of Immigration and the British High Commissioner are on their way here. Apparently something urgent.”

“Alright then,” said Trudeau. He then looked at Ambassador Davis. “I guess it's time I excuse you then. Good night Ambassador”

Davis stood up, as he gave a slight nod to the PM. Back before 95, other ambassadors would wait in the waiting room, while American Ambassadors and leaders of Canada, hell not just Canada, any other Commonwealth state, would ‘work things out’. And Clinton fucked it all up. Now he is getting kicked out because the British Ambassador is coming around. Proof on how less weight the word of Washington holds above the 49th as of now. Hell, one of the previous US Ambassadors to Canada was kept waiting for 5 hours because Harper was hammering things out with the Polish and Soviet representatives, America’s arch enemy in Europe.
He was thinking about his current predicament, trouble just 15 days into the job, as he was being escorted out, and then retired to home for the night in the car provided by the Embassy.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 8

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Tswassen, BC, Confederation of Canada
11th Feb 2021-10.25 AM

Corporal Henry Baker was lying down on his bunk, “slacking off” as his more dedicated comrades would say. It was off hours , and he and his platoon just came back from patrolling the border, so words of 'those nerds' held no weight anyway. The other lads were having their share of FIFA at the TV at the further corner of the room, looked as if someone scored a goal just now. Now that he thought about it, aside from watching he never actually played on the console in the barracks, being raised as a part of the “PCMR”*. Hell, during his heydays, there weren’t many English games for the PlayStation anyway, due to the Trident Crisis also known as the Anglo-American Conflict across the border, whatever console games for the PS and Nintendo was available were translated games of Japanese origin, and the Commonwealth game industry, one of the biggest in the world as of 2020 was at its infancy at the time, and the bigger US gaming industry unwilling to export to a bloc with which the US may have went to war at any moment. But the internet had no boundaries or customs checkpoints, so one with a PC could’ve easily pirated em off a dodgy site.

He didn’t know when he went off to sleep, he was woken up, the Sergeant was here, and an alarm was going off.

“Right, up you get. We will have a word regarding your laziness once we get back. Now get ready.” said Captain [NAME]

“What’s happening Sir? We just got back from patrol.”

“Incursion along the US border Corporal... Motion sensors picked some people upto no good jumping the fence. Feed from drones stationed there shows em as armed. 2 teams will head their way shortly, ours will get em from the front. Now get your gear on, and your gun checked out.”

Southlands Forest/Border Area, Tswassen, BC, Confederation of Canada
11th Feb 2021-10.48 AM

Sergeant Benjamin Goodwill trudged through the trees with his squad. He and his unit were shipped into Point Roberts yesterday on a ferry coming in from Seattle, unofficially requisitioned by the North American Army. While the ferry would normally stop briefly in Point Roberts and then move on to Vancouver City, recent circumstances have forced it to go no further than the town where he “technically is” at the moment. Apparently, the day after the flash appeared, the ferry was confronted by a ship, a destroyer to be precise, calling itself “the HMCS Rainbow of the Royal Canadian Navy”. The ship ordered the ferry to turn back. A fence, and a military force that appearing overnight, suddenly cutting off the North from the rest of the country. Philadelphia’s getting anxious every moment. While the government’s adopted a wait and see policy, as Ben remembered from the news last night, the Tories are demanding military action to “reclaim the North”. Plus, its an election year, so things may get heated. Given the recent circumstances, a Government of National Unity was formed in Philadelphia yesterday, with this operation that he was currently leading being a concession to the Tories by the ruling Whigs. He wasn’t sure, but similar operations may have been taking place along the other parts of this mysterious fence. His main job here was to scout out what looked like a military installation on the other side, an air base to be precise. An in and out job, go in, take pictures, come home for supper. ‘What could go wrong?’ thought Ben.

“Jumping that fence was easy, wasn’t it?” said Edward Brown, the Corporal in his Section, and the guy responsible for the 2nd fireteam covering the rear.

“Too easy, I say.” said Felix Espinoza, the rifleman of Ben’s fireteam. “Magically apparated fence wasn’t electrified. A hook and a rope was all we needed.”

“I agree. But still, don’t you guys find it strange that a bigger town has appeared out of nowhere across the fence?” said Benjamin “I talked to the guys at the checkpoint that suddenly appeared along with it this morning. One of em was calling the town across Tsawwassen, British Columbia.”

They were walking towards their Point of Objective. But yet, some of them had the feeling that they were being watched.

Their suspicions were confirmed when Edward spoke up. “Oi Chief , is that an autogyro*2 up there?” There it was, with its camera module pointed right at them.

“We need to fall back. RUN FOR THE FENCE BOYS!” said Benjamin

As they were running back, they were stopped by green SUVs coming from all sides. They had nowhere to go and were surrounded. ‘Is this the end?’ though Benjamin.

People in uniforms similar to the MNAP pattern stepped out of the SUVs, rifles aimed right at them, and they aiming back with their MRS4 service rifles. A person, clearly an officer, got out of one of the SUVs with a megaphone. “This is the Canadian Army, you’re under arrest for unauthorised intrusion of the sovereign territory of the Confederation of Canada. Unload your guns, throw them on the ground, and put your hands in the air. You’ll be treated with full respect under the Geneva Conventions if you surrender yourselves.”

Who stood in front of the men of the North American Army didn’t seem like creatures that could lay down a 5,500 mile reinforced fence in 5 seconds, rather they were like them, human beings. A few of them had regimental insignias Ben could identify, all of them based above the 49th parallel. ‘Is it a revolt?’ Ben wondered. Regardless of all this, they were outmanned, and outgunned. The choice was obvious. He didn’t know what the Geneva Convention was, but if whatever Convention these strange people were mentioning had the name of a Swiss city in it, surely they would have a chance to go back home.
Ben gestured to his troops to do as they were told.

“What’s all this about?” said Ben “We’re just trying to figure out what’s going on.”

The officer with the megaphone walked up to him. The Crown on his shoulder path indicated that he was a Major. He frowned deeply at the Sergeant.

“You guys don’t seem like Americans to me...” said the Major with a deep accent. “What unit ar…”

“We are Americans sir. We’re…” Ben was cut off

“Then I have nothing more to say.” continued the Major, “You are intruding on Canadian territory. Given the recent circumstances, I would have had you all done in right now, but orders are orders, and mine are to get information from you with our friends at CSIS. Come along – and keep quiet, you’ll have plenty of time to talk later.”

They were whisked into one of the SUVs. Although as an officer, he was seated in another car unlike the rest of his unit. Another officer of the ‘other side’ as Ben has come to call them sat beside him, the man looked like a purely stereotypical depiction of a Quebecer. The convoy started heading North. By the looks of it, the Quebecer couldn’t stand being in the same car as him. On the way, the Quebecer leaned towards him

“So what are you guyeez planning to blow up thees time?”

“Excuse me?” said Ben

“That's what you guyeez are here for, are you not? My grandparents died in Montreal in 1989, in the bombings by the Front de Liberation de Quebec, which was proven to be sponsored by you filthy Yanks. I hope they go hard on you.”

* [INSERT PCMR MEME HERE]
*2 Drone...
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 9

Postby Bengal and Assam » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:24 am

Hilton Garden Inn, St. Johns, NFL, Confederation of Canada

"... God Save our Queen and Heavens Bless
The Maple Leaf Forever…"

John Weiss turned off the TV as CBC2's blared out what he called "patrioitic indoctrination" at 6 in the evening. 'Who plays that version of this song on TV these days' he thought. 5 days in Quarantine, and he was sure that he and his fellow passengers on that flight had traversed into an alternate universe. Hell, the people here have never heard of COVID, until a few passengers made an issue about being herded in the same room. Hell, he wasn't the only one who realised it, for there were already suicide attempts by people who had nothing more to live for. The cops here had never seen an IPhone before, so they held him in an interrogation room for like a few hours until they concluded that it was indeed no "spy gizmo" as one officer put it.
According to the 9'o'clock news, Canada has been cut off from most of the world, no communications coming in, so CBC 2 said that they were going to rerun old episodes of TV series he never heard of. John's suspicions of being transferred to an alternate universe were confirmed when he saw Jackie Chan instead of Sylvester McCoy as the "Seventh Doctor".

He heard a knock on the door, a police officer on the other side wearing a surgical mask.

“Mr Weiss” said the Officer, clearly RCMP

“Officer Clarkson. To what do I owe the visit?.” said John with a smile.
While he didn’t like police officers in general, he liked this particular cop. This man backed John up when his coworkers were accusing him to be a “Polish or Soviet spy”. After repeatedly pleading that he wasn’t one, and that the Soviet Union broke up 30 years ago, this particular officer made the point that the current circumstances were extraordinary anyway, and pleaded to his superiors to get John and others in similar circumstances out from the military police holding rooms. He talked with the guy later on, and the man seemed to be one of culture.

“Just checking around, and I've got a message from up top. Plus just to ask if I can get one of those GBA cartridges of yours. Pretty good stuff you showed me last time.” said Clarkson with a chuckle “Funny, I was never one to believe in alternate timelines, but the plague you guys have brought with you and the appearance of Prime Minister Farage who claims that he is not the guy has got heads spinning in Ottawa. And everyone’s word checks out with each other. Not much of a choice for us other than believing what you guys are saying.”

“We should meet up sometimes once my Quarantine is over. I’ve got other stuff you may like... ‘Prime Minister Farage’, who knew that Britain’s most hated man could become its PM.”

“ I can see that, a good number of the Brits on that flight can't seem to stand the man. Well, Ottawa’s figuring that out. Apparently they put him on a flight there this morning, straight to Sussex Drive. You’ve got my card anyway, give me a call when you’re out. And I’m just here to tell you that since 5 days are up, you are free to go around, within the vicinity of the hotel of course. You have to wear a mask. Try out the Jacuzzi beside the pool.

"I will, if I can find a way to not get my mask sogged of course."

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Confederation of Canada

"... We have similarly arrested incursion units all along the border. What's curious is that the units captured do not seem to know what the US is when asked, rather claims to hail from 'the North American Union' " said General Roméo Dallaire as he pulled some pictures from the file to present to the PM

"Blue ensigns? Are the Yanks trying to pose themselves off as Commonwealth troops?" asked Justin Trudeau

"Quite the same, yet contrary. They're identifying as Commonwealth subjects, yes, but they're also identifying as being of a country that isn't supposed to exist. Unless the Yanks have overthrown Biden without us knowing, and have pledged loyalty to the Crown. And they seem to think Canada's territory is a part of this 'country' of theirs."

"I'm not even surprised at this point. News about that mystery plane in St.Johns carrying Farage is getting me worked up anyway. And if the flight this morning went according to schedule, he's on his way here."

Jennifer Tremblay, an aide to the PM entered the room. "Sir, Sir Farage is here."

"Speak the devil's name. Let's wrap up here. And Jennifer, the British High Commissioner is coming around, kindly send in them both when she arrives. Also, can you arrange a call to External Affairs? I guess we should send some people across the border, contact the Yanks."

Route 401, Ontario, Canada

Maggie Nanoha was in this convoy of black Vauxhall sedans heading South towards the US border. Apparently the road continued on the other side of the border at the end of this Route, unlike many of the other bridges, tunnels and roads that have been sliced perfectly in half along the line. She was supposed to lead this operation, and hopefully she won't fail her bosses back up in the External Affairs Ministry in Ottawa.

Born in Bengal, she survived the rigorous Kawanese Civil Service test, and was accepted into the Kawanese Ministry of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. But the work culture there was a bit too much for her, so she moved to Canada, polished up her French a bit, and was welcomed into the Canadian External Affairs Ministry. Wasn’t easy though, she applied through a Commonwealth employee transfer program, and the Canadians were very strict in terms of requirements.

She went through her file once again, magically appearing British Americans at the border yada yada. She didn't notice when the car came to a halt.

She looked up, and saw soldiers pointing their guns at her convoy from the other side of the now closed border checkpoint. 'Are those Canadians?' she thought. Normally, the camo they were wearing was associated with the Canadian Forces, with the US forces wearing desert camo wherever they went, a result of decades of war in the Middle East. The flag patch said something differently tho, as explained in the file.

She told the driver to put the gear in reverse, and to radio other cars in the convoy to do the same. And pull back at the first shot, if there was one. She would go out to talk, alone…

At the face of the barrel of the gun, she walked towards the soldiers of the 'other side', she was anxious and didn't know what to say. She binge watched the Hot Shot series a few days ago, and it was as if the entire series was flashing before her eyes. She stopped at the line that signified the US-Canadian Border, and all she could muster was a "Take us to your leaders…"
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 10

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:14 am

Blackpool Border Crossing, Quebec, Canada
15th Feb, 2021, 10.27 am

While Madoka Nanoha had seen her share of strange stuff during her time in service to the Canadian Government, and the Kawanese Government before, the current situation was unusual beyond belief. Sudden disappearance of communications with other countries, reports of American troops caught trying to infiltrate Canada all along the Border as if Canada was some free real estate, and then claiming that they’ve never heard of the US and that Canada’s a part of this “North American Union” boogaloo, along with other things have been mind boggling for the head honchos in Ottawa.

However, her gamble at approaching these strange troops on the other side of the border did pay off. Possibly cooler heads prevailed on the other side, and the “North Americans” have decided to hear her out and to bring in a government official from “Philadelphia”. Nevertheless, the officer leading these men who have pointed their guns at them beforehand, and have later on agreed with her to petition his government did mention that “the North American Union doesn’t negotiate with rebels and terrorists.”, and the only reason he didn’t shoot her during her gamble of walking towards the line was that “she looked respectable enough”. It seemed funny to her that overnight, the Americans have gone from Brit haters to considering themselves as loyal subjects of the Crown and Commonwealth. The government has considered civil war in the US, but after the satellites came back online, it showed nothing, no troop movements etc, everything normal, although city and landmark layouts did seem different according to the CSIS. However, she didn’t see where Canada fit into all of this for them to act as if Canada has been a part of that rotting hellhole known on the other side of the border since Day 1 of the universe. And these people, according to the good officer from the other side pledged loyalty to a “King Charles”. As someone hailing from British Kawa, a country where the monarchy is nearly worshipped by the majority of the population, this seemed blasphemous to her, for these strange men pledged loyalty to the Queen’s successor, while Her Majesty still reigned.

For the night, she and her entourage stayed at a hotel in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, 40 kilos up North from the line, and now, they’re back, to meet this representative of the government of whatever the US is claiming to be currently, and eventually they came. The convoy was long enough to see that the military officer on the other side of the border did keep his word, and there was indeed a high up from Washington in one of those limos escorted by police and military vehicles.

Eventually the convoy stopped a few metres away from the gate, first the police officers and the soldiers got out and took point. Positions to ensure the security of whoever of importance was in one of those SUVs. And a few moments later, a few people in work attire got out of those aforementioned limos and SUVs, and walked towards the gate, uniformed and armed men and women of their security detail on their flanks. Since it was a rather unofficial meeting, diplomatic protocols were disregarded by both sides. No fancy table, no press, no diplomatic lunch or dinner, unless the sandwiches the Canadians brought for themselves counted as such.

The man reached out his hand to shake.
"I am Gordon Fraser, Undersecretary to the Minister of External and United Commonwealth Affairs of the North American Government."

'Since when did the Yanks ditch the State Department?' wondered Madoka. Nevertheless, this guy seemed ‘legit’, so she accepted the shake
"I am Madoka Nanoha, Deputy Head of the North American Relations Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Her Majesty's Canadian Government".

The Undersecretary frowned as if he was confused or she said something wrong. Getting over it, he continued
"Now while the formalities are done, let's cut to the chase. How about I go first then, umm Madame Nanoha?"

"Miss is fine for now. Please do."

"Well, according to my government, a few days ago, we experienced a flash over the Northern half of the North American continent, and as soon as it's gone, settlements and landmarks have appeared and disappeared, the fence that divides the land, and you guys who are turning away anyone from going into North American territory north of the 49th Parallel. I don't mean to be rude by the way. But half the country thinks you people are rebels or a foreign power occupying the Northern Provinces, and should be wiped out with the full might of His Majesty's North American Forces. But the government knows better of course." he said with a chuckle, only found behind closed doors on the face of scheming Civil Servants in Commonwealth countries.

"We are confused regarding the predicaments we face as well. A white flash unexpectedly covers our skies, and we see similar things from our point of view as well. And surely the people of the United States know well enough that the Confederation of Canada is a sovereign state, I am sure the War of 1812 cleared that one up. And last time we checked, there are no Japanese troops beheading the Queen’s subjects in Canada, or Soviet and Polish tanks "

"You're a Kawanese, eh? I can tell. No offense, but isn’t it your country the place where you guys paraded around the photo of the late Queen since she was assassinated in the 60s until last year, and pretended she was alive the whole time? You guys declared a 'Republic' because you didn't want to acknowledge Princess Maraget as regent, and then were kept quiet by the CPS once King Charles got the job, but will return to the Commonwealth in full this year, accepting King Charles III as the Monarch of Bengal. That mass delusion is finally coming to an end. I must say, you guys give the monarchy more credit than they are due. "

Something seemed odd to Madoka, the Queen certainly didn't ‘get popped’ in the 60s. Last time she checked, She was off cutting a ribbon for a hospital in Edinburgh, and that was 5 days ago. While indeed Bengal’s military government liked to call the country a 'republic' during their short period of terror through the 70s, Bengal reclaimed its place within the Commonwealth in the 80s, and left such harmful ideas such as republicanism behind. This guy was clearly speaking bull, but all those cars and security behind him, and the authority he commanded seemed to back him up.

“We Kawanese know the importance of the institution better than you Americans. Nevertheless, we have come here to ask for a meeting with the Government of the United States..."

"I don’t understand what this ‘United States’ you have been mentioning for a while is. This is the North American Union, and you are on North American soil. But the recent circumstances are strange enough. We in Philly understand that no human being can create towns and cities and a 5000 mile long fence out of thin air. How about we do this, we continue such meetings until things become clearer, then maybe we can hold an official meeting between the government and the authorities across this fence.”

“Seems fair enough to me.”
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 11

Postby Bengal and Assam » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:37 am

24 Sussex Drive, Toronto, ON, Canada

“So, you are telling me” said Trudeau, “that you come from a world where the CANZUK countries and the US remained allies, and that the Commonwealth just exists only in name, and that our southern sister nation of Bengal doesn’t exist?”

“And that the Commonwealth had been cast aside by Britain in 1973 in quest for membership in the European Community? And we just gave up Hong Kong, without firing a single shot, just like that?” asked the British High Commissioner, Amelia Fletcher, who was also present in the room. “You did not speak of Britain, rather you told us about a charity shop masquerading as a state.”

“I wouldn’t mind about the border being clear and a more scaled down military , resulting from a more peaceful 49th Parallel.” said Trudeau “Although it still does seem like a nightmarish world to me. Who thought that buffoon called Boris Johnson would ever become the bloody PM.”

“But atleast Prime Minister,” said Nigel Farage, finally opening up “we have finally left the EU, or the EC if you are comfortable with that. The UK is working towards patching up its relations with fellow Commonwealth realms. Although I might not be able to see the end result of it, since I have been unlucky enough to be on that plane.” They all were silent for a while. Then Farage continued. “Maybe it's you guys who came here to our world? Maybe its the other way around. Can I request that the Canadian government will kindly arrange for me to get on the flight back once everything becomes clearer?”

“It’s a bit more complicated than that, Sir Farage.” Said Trudeau

Blackpool Border Crossing, Quebec, Canada
15th Feb, 2021, 12.05 pm

“...it seems like I can sell this to Philly'' said Gordon Fraser ,Undersecretary to the Minister of External and United Commonwealth Affairs of the North American Government. “Return of our troops back home would get Philadelphia in a conciliatory mood. And our PM atleast doesn’t have to deal with a Tory on the other side of the fence. A good start from my perspective.”

“ From my end, it would be a harder sell. Although I propose that similar meetings as of today continue to take place, until we can hammer out a settlement. I already have a meeting place in mind, and will pitch it back in Ottawa.”

“I doubt that this will last though, the Hawks in Philly wish to send the army north. Plus, lots of Wall Street companies have interests up there, and it doesn’t take much for corporate interests to turn into government policy. And emotion regarding the loss, and questions regarding what happened to North American subjects before this light show may only serve to accelerate the process. ”

“Not much different from where we came from then. I myself would prefer that Canada returns to wherever we came from, and things return to normal for both Canada, and this ‘North American Union’ of yours. Nevertheless, Canada is here, due to reasons none of us yet understand. We up North are willing to research this event, and will surely look into what happened to the inhabitants of territorial Canada of this world before the transition as soon as I get a report of what I heard here back to Ottawa . After hammering out further agreements, NAU scientists may be welcome to join us. Along with an outreach program from Canada’s part to the family members of your ‘disappeared’ or ‘displaced’ citizens who were in territorial Canada at the moment of the strange event. However, your government should not mistake these gestures of goodwill for weakness Sir Fraser. Your counterparts in our world have done so, and they regretted everything that came later on.”
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 12

Postby Bengal and Assam » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:20 am

Cadogan House, Philadelphia, Duchy of Philadelphia, North American Union

The atmosphere in the General Treasurer’s Room, which is the official working space of the Prime Minister of the NAU within her working residence, turned rather more tense than before, especially as Gordon Fraser brought back news from the Fence, which, although made the situation up North more clearer, made navigating the maze of Union politics in Philadelphia yet a much more harder task than it already was in “normal” times. Nevertheless, on the Winfield Desk, the official working desk of the Prime Minister of the North American Union, there were files given by the “Canadians”, a small device with photographs, footage, yet more documents in a format called “PDF”, all brought in by the small entourage Fraser took with him up North to the fence.

“... So what you’re saying is,” said Felicity Graves, Prime Minister of the North American Union “is that half of the country has been replaced with this... What did you call it again?”

“The Confederation of Canada…” answered Gordon Fraser, who clearly seemed a bit fatigued, due to lack of rest.

“Nevertheless, what you just said sounds absurd, completely out of those sci-fi stuff kids like these days. Now listen Gordon, you are hardworking and very committed, and also an integral part of the Civil Service, howev…”

“I am sorry to interrupt, maam. And I know that what’s coming out of my mouth sounds like a total load of bull, if you would excuse my choice of words. But surely you agree that fences 5000 miles long do not also magically appear within a few seconds as well. If it did appear, there must be something behind it. It might as well be a part of hell or heaven itself, or rather an entire state from another world.”

“Although I am having a hard time believing what you and the people you’ve taken with you have brought on my desk, let's say you’re correct, and that woman at the fence didn’t put made up baloney in your head. What do you propose I say to the Grand Council? Ministers’ Questions is coming up after a few days, you know…”

“I am a civil servant ma'am, we get paid from the King’s purse to deliver effective policies, while keeping our political preferences and opinion to ourselves. As far as the Civil Service is concerned, that’s the job of respective Ministers of the Crown. Aside from that, I did get a barebones deal out of them.”

“Not what I had in mind, but it seems to be a fairly good start. Do you mind giving a brief explanation? You can give a full report at the Cabinet meeting tomorrow afternoon.”

“I already have a draft E-Doc saved in my office combine(computer). Aside from that, as the deal goes, we get our men in uniform, those who have been captured after we had them sent up beyond the fence, back. I have been assured by Miss Nanoha that they have not been harmed in any way, with their welfare currently being the responsibility of the Canadian Forces, and those who have opened fire on Canadian troops were as I quote, ‘ counterattacked in a rather non-lethal manner, 0 casualties, and are now getting the best that the Canadian Forces Health Service Group has to offer, with provincial hospitals keeping beds free for them if necessary.” A more detailed file provided by the so-called Canadians, marked CF-US-02/2021/004, if you wish to check it yourself. Overall, if she’s speaking the truth and those photographs and films on these files, and in this thing they called a ‘Zune’ are real, our boys are being treated as POWs, under a treaty which she called the ‘Geneva Convention’, which we have as a strange form of E-Doc in this little device given to us by them.”

“I don’t know what that is, but if it was signed in Switzerland, surely I trust that our troops have been treated rather well. Anything else?”

“Yes, she did tell me that after due deliberation with her government, or as my report will call it, the ‘Canadian authorities’ since in our eyes that land they're on still remains a part of our fair Union... She told me that the Canadian authorities are willing to recognise the fact that the territory they claim to be theirs ‘was’ NAU territory before the flash. They also wish to research into the event, and look into what happened to our citizens up North at the moment of the flash. The Canadian authorities also wish to do an outreach program to loved ones and families of those who as I quote, ‘NAU citizens on territorial Canada who have disappeared or been displaced due to the Event’. They are also inviting our scientists to work alongside them, and also propose that a temporary relations office be opened in Stanstead in Quebec until things become more clear.”

“Anything about future reunification?”

“That’s the problem Madame Prime Minister. They believe that it ‘was’ North American territory until the moment of the flash, after which their country and everything on it came over, and it is now therefore Canadian. Plus, due to events in their world, involving the ‘United States’, which is technically a country out of a Sons’ manifesto except all the ‘Anglo ethnostate’ crap, and after Canada’s 200 years of established nationhood as a British dominion, they won’t give way anytime soon.”

“If they are a Dominion, it might make things a bit more easier. What about the politics over there?”

“Yes, and no. They claim to be a Dominion, yes. But the Royal Line split somewhere after King George III. The House of Kendal has no authority there, rather its the House of Windsor. And their reigning monarch is Elizabeth the 2nd, a completely different Queen Elizabeth from our world. And to make things a bit more complicated from our end, one of the popular heirs to their throne was in Canada at the time of the flash.”

“Hmm.… Nevertheless, what kind of party is in power up there? And what do they think of the Russians and Japanese. Is there a risk that they may allow our enemies to base up there?”

“She did claim that they have no warm feelings for the Russians due to a event in their world known as the Cold War, and they do not fancy the Japanese either. The current PM on the other side is a ‘Justin Trudeau’. He’s a Whig, they’re called the ‘Liberal Party’ up North. I think it will make things a lot easier for us, although the Tories might not like it.”

“Wall Street will go nuts when we tell them that all of their investments up North means nothing from now on. I’ve already got MPs, probably on corporate payroll coming in every hour, asking me to get that fence cleared, and guarantee the security of corporate property up North, with the use of military force if necessary. Nevertheless, let's continue on with these meetings with these ‘Canadians’ for now, maybe a meeting with their PM as well..”

Roseau, Province of Manitoba(Remnant), NAU

"One more glass of Scotch please." Said Rick Curtis

"You sure son?" Asked the Bartender, as he reluctantly brought out the bottle from the cabinet behind him. "You're already on your 4th shot. Don't want you getting into trouble."

"I think I can handle it." Said Rick as the bartender served the scotch up

At the corner of the pub, people were gawking at the Televisor(TV) screen. The viewing quality was a bit grainy, but that wouldn't stop the pub goers from looking at a channel that isn't even supposed to exist. CBC 2 from across "the Fence" as the people of Roseau have been calling it. And it was running an episode of a series called "Schitts Creek''. It seemed that the pubgoers were watching with full attention, as if the devil himself may jump out of that TV set, nevertheless, there were a few laughs.

Rick couldn't take it anymore. He quietly put a NA£50 bill under his glass and left the pub. He entered his car in the lot, and proceeded to scream, and hit the steering wheel multiple times. Angry at God for bringing forth that flash that cost him his job at the pipeline coming into the Midwest from the North. His family back in Winnipeg couldn't be reached through phone. The strange people along the Fence turned him away when he tried to cross, and later on, the NAUGov put roadblocks to all roads heading North. He couldn't care anymore, he had to head back, through unconventional means if he has to.

US Embassy, Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada

Ambassador Michael Davis wasn't normally accustomed to entering the Embassy compounds through the back entrance, but nevertheless today seemed to be a new experience as the Embassy's front gate was swarmed with US citizens demanding answers as to why the Canadians have kept the border shut, why their calls and texts to their relatives down South, or anywhere else outside Canada aren’t going through, and the Embassy's rather lack of vocal opinion on the issue. What can the Embassy do anyway? The Canadian Government had kept them in the dark through the entire week after initially blaming them for the communication blackout, nevertheless, PM Trudeau did invite the Ambassador over for tea in the evening, so he might be able to come up with something to calm down those crowds after all.

Things were calm inside the compounds themselves, the Ambassador greeted his secretary and entered his office. And inside a man in a suit was sitting in one of the chairs in front of the Ambassador’s desk.

“Major Elliot, what brings you here?” asked the Ambassador to the recently appointed Defence Attache, who came North just mere hours before the Flash in the sky.

“Do excuse me boss, your secretary showed me in. And also, I bring information from the Limeys on our and Canuck payroll.”

The Ambassador almost forgot. That the recently appointed Defence Attache to the US Embassy in Canada was also the de’facto representative of Langley, Virginia in this part of the Commonwealth. In other words the guy directing CIA operations in Canada, as appointed by the Biden Administration behind closed doors. The double paycheck seemed to be doing the man very well.

“All that aside, it has been a week since we can’t make contact with Washington, please tell me you have something that I can say to the staff, and our people currently over here in Canada.” pleaded Davis

“We don’t. I am sorry sir.” answered Elliot “Nevertheless, according to what I got from our man, down in 24 Sussex, things are not the same down South anymore. And the Canadian military has gone into Defcon 3, everything pointed South towards the US.”

“The PM invited me to 24 Sussex this evening. What should I tell him, no forget about that, what do you think I should expect to hear from the man?”

“From what I can see, judging from the events that happened since I got here to this frozen wasteland, nothing good.” answered Major Elliot
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

SamuelRichards
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby SamuelRichards » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:33 am

a great performance by the Toronto Maple leafs on their home rink against the Boston Bruins

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:20 am

SamuelRichards wrote:a great performance by the Toronto Maple leafs on their home rink against the Boston Bruins

Normally people hate the Leafs lol...
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 13

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 am

24 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada

“Ambassador…” said Trudeau as he got up to shake the man’s hand. Along with him was Madoka(Maggie) Nanoha, who was recently promoted to her new job as the Director of the Special Canada-North American Relations Office.

“You don’t look all that good Prime Minister.” said Michel Davis, Ambassador of the US to Canada, as he shook the PM’s hand. “I hope everything is alright, but frankly speaking, since Miss Nanoha is here, I don’t expect much good news.”

“How about we all just take a seat…” said Trudeau motioning towards the chair infront of his desk. “I won’t beat around the bush that long. Things are not the same in the South, hell, rather the world anymore. Maggie will explain the rest”

Nanoha got up from the chair beside Davis, and walked towards a bag she kept at the corner of the room. From it, she produced a stack of documents in manilla envelopes with a rather unfamiliar coat of arms, although the Blue Ensign in the corner of those envelopes unmistakably had 13 stripes to their side. Given the weight, Madoka Nanoha had to expend some extra energy to get it all the way to the PM’s table, rebuffing any offers from both Trudeau and Ambassador Davis for help. Nevertheless, she got those heavy booklets and envelopes onto the PM’s desk eventually.

“I do see you don’t like to take help” said Ambassador Davis. “So what do you have for me?”

“I regret to say that I bear no good news for you Ambassador…” said Nanoha as the Ambassador’s face went cold “In simple and short terms, the US, hell, the world as we know it doesn’t exist anymore. We have been displaced, or rather dropped on by, what can I say, some rather unknown being or some strange anomaly, into a world where the Revolutionary War never happened. I have visited the border, and have been met by authorities of the North American Union, a Commonwealth Realm which is the successor state of the original 13 Colonies and colonies which became Cana…”

Davis gave a chuckle. “April is like a month away Miss Nanoha… Surely you are taking this joke a bit too far given that I am on official business here. Right Prime Minister?” he said as he turned towards Trudeau, who only had a serious look on his face. “Wait. You are serious? Are you sure its not just some kids pulling something off? You people are pulling off a prank, is there a camera around?”

“Michel” spoke up Trudeau “You have been to Windsor when whoever is down South tried to storm the Bridge. You saw how all the Ambassador Bridge was cut in half, and the skyline on the other side of the river was completely different. So just listen to what we have to say. Whether you believe it or not, we leave it up to you.”

“And also, if you would look into this file” said Madoka as she pulled out a file from the pile with CSIS and Commonwealth Intelligence Services logos. The file she opened had satellite images of major cities from what had been until now the US. “As you can see, we have archived satellite images of the cities on the left, and images recently taken on the right. Some have completely different layouts… Take New York. The Statue of Liberty isn’t there, rather it has been replaced by two copper statues that are joined together. Many other similar examples." She handed the file to the Ambassador

“I still don’t believe you. Nor will my people” said Davis “But I am willing to listen. Kindly please tell me more about this North American Union, and what you are doing to establish relations with this strange government you speak of down South that goes against the very fundamental and foundational essence of my country”

“I will have to go back to my office within the next half an hour, but I shall send copies of these files to the Embassy by tonight if you wish to know more." Madoka said as she patted the stack in front of her. “These are the original copies, and will be reviewed by the PM. Nevertheless, we are opening up a jointly operated relations office in the remains of the Haskell Community Center in Stansted, Quebec. As we speak, construction crews from Canada and the other side are patching the building up for our use.”

“And you are going to recognise them, just like that? That land has always been territory of the United States. You can’t just talk to a few upstarts posing themselves as Limey lovers like that.”

“That’s offensi…”

“Well” said PM Trudeau cutting out the British Kawanese “We have caught many armed incursions into Canada from what is territorially your country, and all of them claim to be ‘Limey lovers’. I can arrange a meeting between you and them if you wish. We also had a man drive through the border in a Pontiac model I’ve never seen before. RCMP caught him. He claims to be from 'Winnipeg, North American Union', the nation these ‘Limey Lovers’ seem to call home. He doesn’t exist on our databases, and his car’s VIN belongs to a fucking Toyota registered by some Indian college student in Quebec. And the RCAF is eating through the defence budget by diverting airlines and planes that we know don’t exist to airports down south. Too much work for a few upstarts Michel. Its time you accepted that your country born out of tax dodgers’ daydreams doesn’t exist due to the current situation we’ve been put in.”

‘Well, atleast I have the wife and kids around…’ thought Michel as he was nearly about to shed a few tears. “Does that mean I’m out of a job?”

“Not necessarily,” said Madoka. “We still have American citizens in Canada. And they would need some degree of consular protection and advice anyway until we could work things out with the authorities down South.”

“I’ve got one more important thing in mind” said Trudeau. “A deal, I’d rather say, regarding all the CIA goons you’ve got up here in Canada… The Japanese and the Communists will get the same deal as well.”

RCAF Alert, Nunavut, Canada

Lt.Colonel Ward was sipping on his warm glass of tea, looking on as his subordinates kept their eyes on the multitude of screens across the room, ready to report anything out of the ordinary to him. Not that he expected anything, since Soviet aerial incursions were a rare thing these days. Nevertheless, things change in Moscow without a moment's notice, so the Canadian and Commonwealth Forces keep an eye on the North, as much as it does to its former ally in the South.
Regardless, the fight against Communist incursions into North America has always taken precedence over differing interests of the Commonwealth and NATO. While other cross-border agencies fell after the Trident Conflict in 1995, NORAD remained strong, and welcomed US planes into Canadian airspace during Russian incursions.

"Sir… 3 bogeys coming in from the North."

"At this time of the year?" asked Ward. It was wrong. Russian incursions always came in during winter. Never in the late of February. "You sure its not some problem with the equipment Captain? Tech… run diagnosis"

"Already done sir…" said the cheeky Lieutenant. "All systems running perfectly. Those bogies are real."

"Launch whatever planes we have then." Said Ward, taking a split decision. "Escort the bogies out of Canadian airspace. No firing unless fired upon… And get NORAD in Winnipeg on the line. Those bloody bastards in Ottawa moved half the Superarrow squadron south, we have to do with what we have. "

RCAF Winnipeg (NORAD Canada Command), Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

"We've got bogies coming in from Russia," said Brigadier-General Lao, "but most of the planes stationed in the vicinity have been moved to be on standby within 100 miles of the border, due to recent events down South, and Ottawa is planning to send some back up, but by the time they arrive it may be too late….. What do we do?"

"What we have always done." Said Major-General Alain Pelletier, Commander of NORAD Canada. "We shall stick with protocol, contact the Yanks, get some planes off Alaska."

"But all the lines are dow…"

"I know bloody well that the lines are down. But we shall go by the book." He then turned to the senior officers in the room. "Every single email address, phone number, frequently related to our colleagues down South, that we have currently on hand, must be pinged. Even bloody knock anyone on your bloody MySpace friendlist that works there for all I care. Say that Russkie bogies are inbound. Now go then, dismissed…"

"This is NORAD Canada, anyone listening in respond please…" Joshua Morrison have said this line a couple hundred times by now. He gulped down from his bottle of Gatorade as he crossed out one more frequently. At the other workstations of the room, people were fiddling with their phones and computers, trying to send emails or "IMs" to any people related to NORAD US on their contacts. Some commotion going on at the Outlook desk as the computer there crashed after all the "Mail Not Sent" errors came in at once.

He himself rather had some luck though. Just an hour ago, he got into contact with a ham radio operator in "Carolina". Had a good enough talk with the lass. Might talk again from his own Ham set back at his home in British Columbia. Nevertheless, one more frequency to go through until he goes back to his break.

"Hello. This is NORAD Canada. We have Russian bogies inbound. Requesting assistance."

A bit of static, then something that he didn't anticipate happened.

"This is North American Forces Base Yellowstone. Who is this? Did you just say that there are Russian bogies inbound?"

"Umm… Yes, I did… 3 of them coming in. This is RCAF Winnipeg, NORAD Canada HQ."

"Very hard to verify currently. How do I know you're not some ham playing a prank?"

"Out of my paygrade" replied Morrison. "I'll just hand it over to my superior. I suggest you do so too…"

Skies over the Canadian Arctic

"Visual contact, achieved. A bomber and a pair of fighter escort." Said Alert 1. "Alert 2, MARK."

"Marked…" said Alert 2… "That's strange… that bomber doesn't look like any Tupolev, and those fighters look like those cancelled MIGs…"

"The 1.2, aye?" Asked Alert 4.

"Yeah… Permission to zoom in through my HUD to get a closer look…?"

"Granted…" said Alert 1

Alert 4 then spread his hands towards the wing of the aircraft a few times. The Immersive HUD recognised the gesture.

"That does seem to look like an RSFSR flag on the wing fin, although without the hammer and sickle, and the roundle I don't recognise."

"Heads up lads… and lass" Said Alert 3. "4 bogies coming from 7'o clock."

"Alert Station. 4 bogies of unknown origin homing in from 7'o clock. Requesting advice." Said Alert 1

"This is just in…" said Lt.Col Ward through comms. "NORAD has convinced the strange people from down South to provide backup, and Ottawa approves. Just tey to get along"

"Acknowledged" said Alert 1

"Visual contact…" said Alert 3. "Looks like F-18s… the roundel looks like a mix of USAF and RAF roundels. You sure we can trust em Chief?"

"Dunno… but we have to go along with it… orders stand, don't shoot unless shot upon. Now lets slow down and let those crappy F-18s catch up with us. I'm being hailed by these 'North Americans'."
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Chapter 14

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:00 am

NAU-Canada Border Crossing, Provincial Road 310, Manitoba

The road was quiet, illuminated through its entire length by the streetlamps, a few floodlights from a cabin on the Canadian side of the fence that stretched for miles, on the North American side, emergency lights from a police car and a LED "Stop" sign in the middle of the road.

Along the border, on the road, 2 men were playing a game of cards, putting the cards and their "bet" on a wider flat surface on the access gate, normally used by the Canadian Border Services to rest official documentation while inspecting vehicles or people wanting to get across the border into Canada.

However, due to recent circumstances, the border has been closed.

To CBSA Constable Joshua Cole, the situation has been strange indeed. On the eventful night, he went to take a dump, and the moment he came back, the US Border Station was gone, his colleagues horrified, and a car's bumper being clean cut off as it was about to cross the border into the US side. It didn't take too long for them to secure the border, and close it off to further travel.

"Show…" said Joshua as he turned his cards. "Faaaak!!!"

"Looks like these ciggies are mine then" said Constable Mitch Riel, of the Royal Manitoba Constabulary, with a smile that came with his victory in the recent match.

Mitch arrived from the "other side" a few days after the envelope of light covered the entire length of the border, and people claiming to be from the "North American Union" were trying to get across without necessary paperwork. He seemed to have a clear idea of what was going on, and the CBSA personnel at the border station got along with the man instantly, unlike the people in the US Border post that was there a few days ago who mostly kept to themselves.

As they were setting up another game, an RCMP patrol car came down the road from the Canadian side, before pulling off a '180' and parked beside an electric car charger attached to the street side of the cabin. A person in navy blue police wear and a brown felt hat got out, called out to the cabin twice, before "plugging in" the car, then coming towards the men along the security gate with cups from a chain, possibly Tim Hortons or Second Cup.

"Lizzie" said Joshua "How nice of you to join us. Wanna try your hand in a game?"

"Don't wanna risk my job gambling on duty" said Constable Elizabeth as she handed the cups of coffee to the men.

"As long as it's not money with the Queen's face on it, I don't see why the higher ups would care."

"Second Cup Mocha Latte?" Said Mitch as he took a slurp. "Never heard of it. Tastes good though."

"Enjoy it while you can, boys" said Elizabeth. "Where's Ed?"

"He's taking a dump on Mother Nature. Toilet's busted. What do you mean 'enjoy it while you can?'" said Josh

"Well, I've got this relative working in the provincial government at Winnipeg." Said Elizabeth "Apparently, the country's gonna go into rationing mode from next week. Due to the stuff that happened."

"If you guys go hungry, just hit me up," said Mitch. "I can go down to town, maybe get some convenience store meal. You'll owe me one…"

Mitch was interrupted as his wireless went on. "......Be advised, Cherry red sedan heading up to your location. Am in pursuit…"

"Acknowledged. Inform me of your location please." said Mitch, he turned backwards.

"Near the bloody fence. He doesn't seem to be stopping"

It didn’t take much time for the car to appear, with a police car in full pursuit . Even the barrier put in there by Mitch on General orders from Philadelphia didn’t seem to make the driver behind the wheel slow down.

He turned towards the CBSA employees. “GET OUT OF THE FUCKEN STREET!!!” as he ran for the trees. The red car and the North American patrol car zoomed past them into Canada, coffee and cards spilled all over the street as the RCMP attache got up from the dirt beside the street, and ran to her car and drove in pursuit of the vehicles that illegally crossed over, in full throttle with sirens blaring.

Mitch and Josh got up, and dusted themselves off.

“Don't worry. Higher ups in Ottawa will send em back, unless they run someone over of course. What do you think will happen with them once they are back across?” asked Josh

“Well... “ said Mitch “Even if my chances of getting a promotion is going away with that red car, atleast the competition will get fucked up even more…
I don’t know, but I do hope Constable Tennypenny gets his chances of promotion more fucked than me. They’ll let the red car guy go though as far as I can tell.”

“That’s dark bro…”

US Embassy, 490 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada

“Fucking beady eyed Canadians” roared Ambassador Davis after he exchanged rather cold pleasantries with his Defence Attache. He was tired from his visit at the POW camp, 'North American' troops in them. His face didn't give off the impression that he liked what he saw there

“What did they show you there?” asked Major Elliot. “Doesn’t seem to be anything good from what I am seeing…”

“They do have men in green from home alright…” said Davis

“And…?

“The Canucks are saying the truth. Atleast that's how it appears to be. Not one of the men knew what the 'US' is. Those who do know seem to have heard it recently from the Canucks And these people seem to be the real deal, not some made up cover by the Moosef*ckers."

"We can't rule it out that these men might be actors."

"What do you, as the main military attache and CIA 'boogeyman' on this side of the border propose our next course of action be?" Asked Davis

"That's what I was waiting for you to ask Mr. Ambassador" said Elliot as he handed a file to Davis.

"We shall do the same thing the people down South did." Continued Elliot. "Send men, although not military. Rather, CIA, to go down there and observe. They'll cross the border at one of the 'porous' locations in the Prairies. Gear they’ll carry will be the bare necessities for an ‘observe and report’ op, and they’ll be constantly on the move. Everything they see will be reported here, directly to you."

"I know that this is all the common op stuff. We did it with the Japanese and the Vietnamese to get rid of the Khmers back in the 70s. But you forget one thing.” said Davis. " What we are facing is an unprecedented situation. We don’t know anything about what’s going on back at the land that we're supposed to call home as of now, aside from what the Canucks tell us. We don’t know what money they use, no safe houses there, no chance of sending provisions through airdrops, since we don’t have the equipment, and even if we used a chartered Learjet or Bombardier to do it, the RCAF, as of now will shoot it down due to the 'No Travel Order', and the limeys will eventually get sus and inform whoever's running things down there our escapades. There's not much this embassy can do…"

"I’m aware of that sir. But they can live like criminals, work with the local organized criminal groups" said Elliot, "we do it in Iran all the time. And we don't get caught.. "

“You have my approval… But flesh the plan out a bit more. I would like some news from down there by the next few days…”
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Lifya own
Civilian

Founded: Apr 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Key Points for Canada

Postby Lifya own » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Key Points
The North has played an important role in the psychology of national identity since the earliest days of Confederation.
In the early 20th century, much northern territory was divided between the Prairie provinces, Ontario, and Quebec.
Efforts to assert Canadian sovereignty in the North were insignificant before the Klondike gold rush and increased thereafter.
Government involvement grew and extended dramatically during World War II.
Mineral resources began being tapped in the Northwest Territories precisely as the Cold War began, adding new concerns about sovereignty and a degree of militarization in response.
Human populations — mostly Inuit have been repeatedly moved in the service of Canadian claims.
Democratic institutions were introduced in the 1960s and 1970s while, at the same time, Aboriginal peoples organized in response to Ottawa’s interest in their homeland.
One outcome was the establishment of Nunavut as a separate territory in keeping with Inuit ambitions.
Last edited by Lifya own on Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Lifya own wrote:Key Points
The North has played an important role in the psychology of national identity since the earliest days of Confederation.
In the early 20th century, much northern territory was divided between the Prairie provinces, Ontario, and Quebec.
Efforts to assert Canadian sovereignty in the North were insignificant before the Klondike gold rush and increased thereafter.
Government involvement grew and extended dramatically during World War II.
Mineral resources began being tapped in the Northwest Territories precisely as the Cold War began, adding new concerns about sovereignty and a degree of militarization in response.
Human populations — mostly Inuit have been repeatedly moved in the service of Canadian claims.
Democratic institutions were introduced in the 1960s and 1970s while, at the same time, Aboriginal peoples organized in response to Ottawa’s interest in their homeland.
One outcome was the establishment of Nunavut as a separate territory in keeping with Inuit ambitions.

Wasn't the Northwest territory established for the same reason too? AFAIK, Nunavut was carved out from NWT in the first place
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates