NATION

PASSWORD

Electrum & Reçueçn Official Bid for the 75th Baptism of Fire

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Electrum & Reçueçn Official Bid for the 75th Baptism of Fire

Postby Recuecn » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Gold & Silver

Gold and Silver are this bid’s theme. The two metals are the traditional gifts for 50th and 25th anniversaries. For the Baptism of Fire’s 75th anniversary, both are fitting. Combining the two metals creates the alloy of Electrum, while Reçueçn’s national symbolism includes both golden lions and silver unicorns.

Bidding Parties
Electrum is a very large but sparsely populated nation situated in the Terranea region of Rushmore. Its capital city is Centralis and its national food is the democracy sausage. The country is well known for its financial and scientific industries, and for its devotion to pacifist principles. Electrum has been ruled jointly by a Governor-General and a five-dimensional overlord called 'The Computator' for quite some time now. How the overlord came to rule over Electrum is a long story, that has yet to be explained in that much detail to the wider multiverse. It's probably related to how the overlord rescued Electrum from the time warp it was stuck in.

There are a few quirks that players can expect if they play in Electrum. They will have to contend with a completely digital currency, a fanatical devotion to resource-based board games and strange celebrity football players including the bear-king Einarsson and a sentient energy ball (affectionately referred to as Seb). Electrum has allegedly won World Cup 78, and after coming back from a time warp, has been looking to qualify for the first time in what seems like decades.

Reçueçn is a very small but densely populated nation situated on the European continent in the Alps region of Europe in an alt-history timeline. Its capital city, confusingly also called Reçueçn, sits on the Rhône river on the nation’s western border, while the country’s other population centers are nestled in the Alps to the East. Its government, one of the oldest functioning democracies in the world, is a tangled mess of counterweights and bureaucracy where the aristocracy still hold some authority but there is no head of state.

Culturally, Reçueçn is very diverse, due largely to the medley of languages spoken within the nation. Historically the nation has been largely agricultural, priding itself particularly on its dairy products. As the country has industrialized, it has also begun to produce more luxury items, and Reçueçians are willing to put up with high costs for the elevated standard of living they expect.

The two countries have recently begun to work together after partnership in the NS Tennis Tour. Apparently the combination was "So Bad, It's Good". The Baptism of Fire will see teams criss-crossing their host countries with state-of-the-art stadia, scenic locations, and an experience for everyone.

Hosting Experience:
Electrum
1 World Cup
3½ Olympic Games
Organizes the Nationstates Tennis Tour

Reçueçn
1 IAC
Pan-Pacific Cup
Organizes the Federation of Football Independents
IFCF council member and scorer
2 Tennis Tournaments

Format
Obviously signups are still ongoing, however, we hope to take a traditional format with a group stage leading into a single-elimination knockout bracket. There will be an even number of equally-sized groups, containing at least four nations each. If we have groups of four the group stage will consist of a double round-robin, but groups of five or more will mean a single round-robin.

Tiebreakers will be:
Head-to-head points
Head-to-head goal difference
If teams are still tied, reapply tiebreakers 3 and 4
Coin-flip (OOC: another game will be scored between the tied teams to determine who advances.)

Cutoffs for each half of the bracket will happen every 24 hours. Reçueçn will cut off at 01:00 UTC and Electrum at 09:00 UTC. There will be an extra 24-hour break at the end of the group stage.

Formula
The tournament will use Xkoranate’s SQIS formula with additive style modifiers. We will apply a cumulative RP bonus, and rosters will be worth up to one full day of RP bonus.

We welcome all comments and questions!
rəswɛsən

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:02 pm

Confirm
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:16 am

Oy, not these fuckers :p I'm yankin your chain! I think this is an excellent combination for a bid, I have nothing but respect for both nations. I almost wish I was eligible for the BOF. Best of Luck!!
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:21 am

Commonwealth of Baker Park wrote:
Oy, not these fuckers :p I'm yankin your chain! I think this is an excellent combination for a bid, I have nothing but respect for both nations. I almost wish I was eligible for the BOF. Best of Luck!!

I appreciate the support, particularly from the OG unranked qualifier. All the baptism babies will be hoping to follow your footsteps.
rəswɛsən

Deniria
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Deniria » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:32 pm

The nation of Deniria wants to enter to the BoF

Return to NS Sports