NATION

PASSWORD

General election in Esperantujo 2

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

General election in Esperantujo 2

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 am

A general election is taking place for the 356 members of parliament. Half will be elected first past the post in the 89 constituencies. The remainder are elected proportionally to the sum of votes for each party's unsuccessful candidates plus the majorities of their successful candidates. There are equal number of seats for men and women. Non-binary gendered people may stand in either category. The parties standing, from left to right, are: Movement for 6th International (M6I), Revolutionary United General Alliance (Rugha), Left Greens, Radical Greens (Verda), Residual Greens, Authentic Greens, Diskordia, and Conservative. Candidates do not have to stand for a party but may stand as Independent. However every candidate must be endorsed by a Mass Organisation. The 4 left parties are currently in government, having won the last two elections.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 am

In Eroshenko SouthWest Roza Amiko has lost her seat to the Authenic Green candidate. With 52 results declared, party standings are as follows:
M6I8
Left Greens6
Authentic Greens6
Residual Greens6
Verda6
Conservative6
Rugha5
Independent5
Diskordia4
So at present the results are very close.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:28 am

In Fish NorthWest President Helena Portisto has lost her seat to the Authentic Green candidate. The party standings so far are:
Movement for 6th International 9
Authentic Greens7
Residual Greens7
Rugha6
Left Greens6
Verda6
Conservative6
Independent5
Diskordia4

n

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 am

Elenora Kapo has been reeelected in Fish NorthEast while in Fish SouthWest Lazaro Kampo has lost to the Left Green candidate. With 60 results declared the parties stand as follows.
partyseats
M6I9
Authentic Greens8
Left Greens8
Residual Greens7
Verda7
Rugha6
Conservative6
Independent5
Diskordia4

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:51 am

In Grabovskio East Adamo Bruno has lost to the Rugha candidate. With 66 results declared the parties stand as follows.
partyseats
M6I11
Rugha8
Authentic Greens8
Left Greens8
Verda8
Residual Greens7
Conservative6
Diskordia5
independent5

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am

In Humero Leono Lantio has lost his seat to the Residual Green candidate. With 74 results declared, the parties stand as follows.
partyseats
M6I13
Rugha9
Residual Greens9
Left Greens9
Authentic Greens8
Verda8
Diskordia7
Conservative6
independent5

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 am

Jakobo Lagisto has been successful in Polgaro South East. With 136 seats declared the parties stand as follows:
partyseats
M6124
Rugha20
Left Greens20
Authentic Greens16
Residual Greens15
Diskordia15
Verda11
Conservative10
Independent5

Republic of Kahrivstan
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Kahrivstan » Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 am

Republic of Kahrivstan - External Relations Ministry

Global Announcement

On behalf of Kahrivstan's true government, I would like to applaud the nation of Esperantujo 2 for hosting a fair election thus far and especially for providing representation for so many ideologies on a national level. So many self-declared republics claim to allow the people to vote for officials who truly represent them, but how can a two- or three-party system properly represent all of its citizens? More democratic nations should follow Esperantujo 2's example and make it easier for so many parties to hold positions at the national level. While we do not endorse any one party at this time and even though we may not agree with the policies of the leading parties, we look forward to the results of this election nonetheless.

Signed,
Lorvena Tevros
External Relations Minister of the Republic of Kahrivstan
Unless stated otherwise, this nation does not reflect my personal views. With that being said, if there is an issue with the portrayal of this nation please let me know. It is one of the major factions fighting for dominance in the Modern Tech failed state of Kahrivstan. I will not use more than one faction in a single thread without permission and generally all of the factions will want to fight one another. Within reason, you do not need my permission to defeat me or kill my characters. I prefer the roleplaying opportunities that losing offers.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 pm

In Sauxssuro West Bela Urbano has lost to the Verda candidate. With 150 results declared, the parties stand as follows:
partyseats
M6I24
Rugha21
Left Greens21
Authentic Greens20
Residual Greens17
Diskordia15
Verda14
Conservative11
independent5

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Republic of Kahrivstan wrote:

Republic of Kahrivstan - External Relations Ministry

Global Announcement

On behalf of Kahrivstan's true government, I would like to applaud the nation of Esperantujo 2 for hosting a fair election thus far and especially for providing representation for so many ideologies on a national level. So many self-declared republics claim to allow the people to vote for officials who truly represent them, but how can a two- or three-party system properly represent all of its citizens? More democratic nations should follow Esperantujo 2's example and make it easier for so many parties to hold positions at the national level. While we do not endorse any one party at this time and even though we may not agree with the policies of the leading parties, we look forward to the results of this election nonetheless.

Signed,
Lorvena Tevros

External Relations Minister of the Republic of Kahrivstan

Thank you for your support. Our constitution has other features including gender equality. Every candidate must have the support of at least one Mass Organisation. These are also diverse. They are mainly trade unions but also include the Lesbian Collective, the Horsewomen's Guild, the University Students Union, the School Students Union, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Gay Church of Jesus and John.
Last edited by Esperantujo 2 on Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Although the government of Esperantujo is usually a Green-Red coalition, Diskordia and the Authentic Greens have also been in government. The only party which has never been in government is the Conservatives.
Last edited by Esperantujo 2 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:30 am

In Silfero Roberto Promenanto has lost to the Authentic Green candidate. So far the Left Greens have 22 seats and the Authentic Greens have 21.

The Yellow Emperor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yellow Emperor » Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 am

(OOC: Curious though... who represents what with the 'Green Parties', what's the difference between them?) :)

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:56 am

The Yellow Emperor wrote:(OOC: Curious though... who represents what with the 'Green Parties', what's the difference between them?) :)

OOC: The Green Parties in Esperantujo 2 were largely inspired by the Green councillors in my local council when it was "hung". There were 6 of them. They were unpredictable and didn't tend to vote together.
The Left Greens are similar to Ralph Nader and Howie Hawkins. Verda the Radical Greens are the original Green Party from which the others split off. The Authentic Greens are Malthusians. They think that problems are caused by there being too many people. They would not have worried too much about eradicating Covid 19. The Residual Greens are everybody else. The difference between the Residual Greens and Verda is the Residuals will not join a coalition government with the Marxist Movement for 6th International.
Last edited by Esperantujo 2 on Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:01 am

In Smirgo Verda Plagho has lost to the Rugha candidate. Rugha now have 22 seats and Diskordia 16.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:30 pm

In Tarzanio South, Ana Simio has lost to the Rugha candidate. With 160 results declared, the parties now stand as follows:
partyseats
M6I25
Rugha24
Left Greens23
Authentic Greens22
Diskordia18
Residual Greens17
Verda15
Conservative11
independent5
Last edited by Esperantujo 2 on Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:48 am

In Vajsalo, Rikardo Negro has lost to the Diskordian candidate. The standings of the parties, as we await the 6 results in Zamenhofurbo, are:
partyseats
M6I26
Rugha25
Authentic Greens24
Residual Greens23
Left Greens23
Diskordia19
Verda15
Conservative11
independent5

Advertisement

Remove ads